PDA

View Full Version : Help your Fellow Manners

Breaker
01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Ok so everyone knows that with the economic situation that is going on there are a lot of talented good people out of work. I was sitting at the office today after learning a really competent smart guy got fired and needed a new job when it hit me, I have a community resource that might just be able to help.

Yes I am talking about the OM. Look we all know people that either need work or are terrified of losing their jobs and there are lot of people on here that know that fear. I propose to start a thread .. maybe Taco can sticky, it where people that need some help finding a job can go for a resource. I have some ideas on how to get this thing started.

1) The first thing would be too start a poll that would list what sector of the workforce everyone is in, it would be of course viewable so that people who are in similar areas of the workforce can contact those individuals either directly or ask for some advice.

2) If anyone works for a company that is somehow hiring, to have that person post a job link on the board so that interested people can find those hard to find jobs.

I really think that as Bronco fans we can do something to help others out who need the help. I would love to get some other people that are interested in this idea and sort of hash out what the best organizational structure is to help those that need the help. If anyone is interested in helping me out with this pm me and we can get some discussion going.

Thanks for your time

Breaker

Spider
01-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Ok so everyone knows that with the economic situation that is going on there are a lot of talented good people out of work. I was sitting at the office today after learning a really competent smart guy got fired and needed a new job when it hit me, I have a community resource that might just be able to help.

Yes I am talking about the OM. Look we all know people that either need work or are terrified of losing their jobs and there are lot of people on here that know that fear. I propose to start a thread .. maybe Taco can sticky, it where people that need some help finding a job can go for a resource. I have some ideas on how to get this thing started.

1) The first thing would be too start a poll that would list what sector of the workforce everyone is in, it would be of course viewable so that people who are in similar areas of the workforce can contact those individuals either directly or ask for some advice.

2) If anyone works for a company that is somehow hiring, to have that person post a job link on the board so that interested people can find those hard to find jobs.

I really think that as Bronco fans we can do something to help others out who need the help. I would love to get some other people that are interested in this idea and sort of hash out what the best organizational structure is to help those that need the help. If anyone is interested in helping me out with this pm me and we can get some discussion going.

Thanks for your time

Breaker

good idea ...get started on the poll ....for my part most of the work I know is manual labor , and damn hard at that , but I will post job opening of places I go

Breaker
01-27-2009, 12:07 PM
good idea ...get started on the poll ....for my part most of the work I know is manual labor , and damn hard at that , but I will post job opening of places I go

LMAO ... I sent you a pm about helping out and here you are already lol

Breaker
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Um how do I start a poll

Spider
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Um how do I start a poll

I am going ot PM TJ and see if he could remove the Colorado Crush forum and make it a Job search forum ........

Meck77
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I suggested a networking forum years ago. Something where people could post what they do etc. I guess that idea is filed with "omane tshirts and hats".

Great idea Beaker.

Broncoman13
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Thanks for your time

Breaker

Awesome idea!!! We are hiring like crazy lately and I would love to help a fellow Bronco fan and Maner get a great position with long lasting security!

In particular I would be looking to help folks with the following skillset/training:

Contract Administration

Engineering (General, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic/Avionics, Propulsion, Aerospace, and Software)

Quality Assurance/Quality Engineering/Product Assurance

If you have skills that are even close, get in touch with me. I received an email today that stated some of the upcoming events regarding meeting our agency's vision. One of the things that stood out was the following:

First, let me tell you where we stand on Human Capital. Our need to hire qualified and fully capable personnel over the next few years will be significant. Everyone in the Agency will be needed to ensure we execute a human capital strategy that works. Our Human Resources (HR) folks are working very hard with the Office of Personnel Management and a professional HR contractor to get our recruiting and hiring strategies in place to deliver human capital results based on a full understanding of the Agency's short and long-term needs...

So, I have an opportunity to help both a fellow Maner and my agency if skill sets match. And, while I am in the Denver location myself, my agency has personnel all over the nation and overseas as well. If your skillset matches up with our needs, and you're not some bum (Bob need not apply! ;D) I feel confident we have a position for you! Another excellent source for information would be our very own Miss Independent. Her schedule is packed right now, but I would imagine she would help a fellow Maner if she felt you could help our agency in return. Hope you don't mind me name dropping, G.

Students!!! If you are close to gradumatating or have recently graduated and are looking for employment, chances are we have something for you as well. If you are a Culinary Arts major we may not have anything for you... but Miss Independent is pretty creative so anything is possible! ;D Seriously, there are a series of openings available right now. I've heard our agency is interested in hiring several hundred/thousand people in the next few years. That number is out of date and has probably changed in recent weeks/months, but I would guess the number has increased, if anything.

Once again, GREAT THREAD and I wish all of you the best of luck in finding employment or keeping your current position if that is your wish.

Good Luck!

Miss I.
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
A, you big name dropper. yes, I am willing to help and you never know about the culinary arts thing, I mean my job requires no degree at all. I am pretty sure a cranky monkey on crack could do my job, of course they would throw more literal crap then I do, I just throw the figurative crap around. Seriously, it is a good job, good benefits (I love telework) and I am going to England for 3 years courtesy of my job. Good stuff this job and pretty secure. Great schedule. And you get to help our service men and women and sometimes literal astronauts (not just space cadets).

missingnumber7
01-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone wanna join the army? I'll split the money I get with ya.

telluride
01-27-2009, 08:30 PM
"Help your Fellow Manners"

Well, let's start with some simple help with grammar and spelling.

I'm an editor. Before you send out that cover letter or resume, let's vet it.

Atlas
01-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Anybody that needs a job and doesn't have a criminal record with no college education can probably get a job where i work. Currently we have 80 openings. State benefits. Starting pay is $1,800 per month. Not great but you won't starve.

I don't believe there are any openings for people with degrees at this moment.

On the super downside you'd have to move to Texas.

cutthemdown
01-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Anyone that can play the trombone or baritone sax can contact about a job drinking lots of beer, chasing women, acting half your age and playing blues.

By the way it pays next to nothing and has no room for advancement.

Irish Stout
01-28-2009, 05:49 AM
I suggested a networking forum years ago. Something where people could post what they do etc. I guess that idea is filed with "omane tshirts and hats".

Great idea Beaker.

Its a brilliant idea, but I don't want to come on here and tell all of you people what I really do. This is my place to come and spout off crap and be an idiot...... you know be my true self. If people figured out who Irish Stout really was (you know, by seeing his idiocy on the Omane), then he'd lose his job and all his friends (except you guys, but I don't think you like me very much anyway).

Irish Stout
01-28-2009, 05:53 AM

You mean, like people shouldn't call this thread a help with "Manners" thread when has nothing at all to do with manners?

But in all seriousness, if you are looking for a job or for networking, it would also be good to state your location or your desired work location.

missingnumber7
01-28-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't believe there are any openings for people with degrees at this moment.

This would be my problem right now

Los Broncos
01-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Good idea, I wont like to help out any where I can.

theAPAOps5
01-28-2009, 07:48 AM

This is actually a great resource Telluride is offering. I got resumes all the time that made me cringe. These are college grads or soon to be. Writing on a document that is supposed to represent them and it was trash. They had a lot to offer but it gets lost in the grammer.

While its sometimes painful its really good to let a pro read it. So I highly suggest people take Telluride up on his offer.