PDA

View Full Version : Early grade on the 08 draft

lex
01-26-2009, 08:25 AM
I come up with an 88.2 which is a B+. Lichtensteiger and Powell are both getting an incomplete from me. Obviously, the Williams and Torain picks are weighing it down and the Williams score might be more of a reflection on Slowik. But since he was kind of meh, Im giving him a C- at this point. But overall, I think its safe to say it was overall a very strong draft, especially at the lower end of it. Notice how I put Woodyard in there as well even though he is a UFA. I did because his acquisition comes with the knowledge of him that is gained through draft process.

lex
01-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Weight Wt % % of overall
Ryan Clady A+ 1.00 8 22.2% 22.2%
Eddie Royal A+ 1.00 7 19.4% 19.4%
Kory Lichtensteiger INC
Jack Williams C- 0.70 6 16.7% 11.7%
Ryan Torain F 0.55 5 13.9% 7.6%
Carlton Powell INC
Spencer Larsen A+ 1.00 4 11.1% 11.1%
Josh Barrett A- 0.93 3 8.3% 7.8%
Peyton Hillis A+ 1.00 2 5.6% 5.6%
Wesley Woodyard A+ 1.00 1 2.8% 2.8%
36 100% 88.2%

theAPAOps5
01-26-2009, 08:29 AM
I think its unfair to give Torain an F when he got hurt just like powell. Its not that he was horrid on the field. He gets an incomplete.

SoDak Bronco
01-26-2009, 08:59 AM
The thing with Torrain is he was a player drafted on the "Yeah But" he's been injured, so if he wants to give him a F I can see that. I would think if healthy he would make this draft class look much better. Also, Barrett doesn't deserve the A- you are giving him. I would say C at the best, he has plenty of room to grow.

socalorado
01-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Ryan Torain F 0.55 5 13.9% 7.6%

"BOGUS, MAN, BOGUS"!!

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050816/050816_fastimes_bcol_3p.widec.jpg

theAPAOps5
01-26-2009, 09:15 AM
The thing with Torrain is he was a player drafted on the "Yeah But" he's been injured, so if he wants to give him a F I can see that. I would think if healthy he would make this draft class look much better. Also, Barrett doesn't deserve the A- you are giving him. I would say C at the best, he has plenty of room to grow.

I can see giving him an F if he was a first day pick. He was a 5th so I think an F is overdone. I would go with incomplete right now. If he can't stay healthy again next year. Fully on board with an F.

lex
01-26-2009, 09:18 AM

I look at it from this standpoint. He had very limited opportunity and that wasnt his fault. He was outstanding against Gonzalez who is a HOF TE. And we got him at the bottom of the draft but he outperformed who we had. Even if its because our starters are bad, its hard to give a player a C when they outperform the established starters as a rookie, especially when drafted in the low rounds.

socalorado
01-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I look at it from this standpoint. He had very limited opportunity and that wasnt his fault. He was outstanding against Gonzalez who is a HOF TE. And we got him at the bottom of the draft but he outperformed who we had. Even if its because our starters are bad, its hard to give a player a C when they outperform the established starters as a rookie, especially when drafted in the low rounds.

And add into LEX' statements above the simple fact that he had Slowdick putting him 50 yards back of the LOS in some games, and it was a miracle he preformed as well as he did! Talk about handicapping a player! Slowdick handicapped the entire defense!

SoDak Bronco
01-26-2009, 09:26 AM

Naah, I'm not giving him a pass grade because he was on the active roster the last few weeks of the season. He was consistently taking poor angles, over-running plays, and had one decent pass defense game against the 2-14 Chiefs.(he did play well against TG). I think the kid is average-below average, and it pisses me off when people give him a pass bc he was drafted in the later rounds. He was not that good, he didn't even make the team until there were several injuries and lowry was cut.