PDA

View Full Version : I drove a truck just like this one

Spider
01-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Back in the mid 90's pretty decent truck ....... Except mine had the 73 inch walk in bedroom
http://www.truckpaper.com/images/Truck/fullsize/79506353.jpg

TDmvp
01-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Dad used to be a big Freightliner fan...

Spider
01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Dad used to be a big Freightliner fan...

Freightliner used to make a damn good truck ........ then they got into making those FLD series pieces of crap ..........I would still drive that 79 freight shaker today ..... ;D

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Did you nail any crankster bitches in the bedroom?

Spider
01-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Did you nail any crankster b****es in the bedroom?

Naw ......i tried to stay clean

Arkansas Bronco
01-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Naw ......i tried to stay clean

Does that mean you washed your hands after?

Vladimir
01-24-2009, 06:19 AM
sharp looking truck!

Spider
01-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Does that mean you washed your hands after?
;D
sharp looking truck!
;D she sure is , she has strait pipes on her , with a 400 cummins ... brings back memories .. I had 7 inch straits ,400 big cam 2 cummins in mine , you could hear me from a half a mile ;D

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Freightliner used to make a damn good truck ........ then they got into making those FLD series pieces of crap ..........I would still drive that 79 freight shaker today ..... ;D

Those don't compare the the degree of Crap thats on the road now... Stay the hell away from that Cascadia. If you ever get in a position to drive one of those- dont...

Spider
01-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Those don't compare the the degree of Crap thats on the road now... Stay the hell away from that Cascadia. If you ever get in a position to drive one of those- dont...

the Cascadia is junk ?

Spider
01-25-2009, 11:24 AM
I saw a 1980 Freightliner , 1984 pete , and a 1957 Kenworth over at the petro , so i had to park with all of the other cool guys ;D
some guy stopped and took pictures , Ididnt get a copy of them though ..........

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 11:25 AM
the Cascadia is junk ?

the only good thing I've heard about it is that its quiet. Got a couple guys @ my terminal that are running them and seems like its always headed back to freightliar w/ some kind of issue. Electrical, egr, noisy rear end, etc

Spider
01-25-2009, 11:28 AM
the only good thing I've heard about it that its quiet. Got a couple guys @ my terminal that are running them and seems like its always headed back to freightliar w/ some kind of issue. Electrical, egr, noisy rear end, etc

damn ..... spend that kindof money on a truck , the damn thing better be able to drive itsself ........ I miss the hell out of those old school freight shakers , they were some good trucks ......I love the old trucks but I dont like the coffin sleepers ;D

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
damn ..... spend that kindof money on a truck , the damn thing better be able to drive itsself ........ I miss the hell out of those old school freight shakers , they were some good trucks ......I love the old trucks but I dont like the coffin sleepers ;D

I haven't driven anything that old, so I've been stuck with FLD/ FLC crap. There was another gig I ran for a while where I had a '96 W900, stand up sleeper, with almost a million miles on it (new top end). For the amount of use it had, that was a very good truck. I'd like to get me a w9 if I ever decide to get my own truck...

Spider
01-25-2009, 11:50 AM
I haven't driven anything that old, so I've been stuck with FLD/ FLC crap. There was another gig I ran for a while where I had a '96 W900, stand up sleeper, with almost a million miles on it (new top end). For the amount of use it had, that was a very good truck. I'd like to get me a w9 if I ever decide to get my own truck...

W9 are damn good rides, I have drove a couple ......I am a pete kinda guy....... i like the low ride a pete gives ..

Spider
01-25-2009, 11:53 AM
;D Iam that guy with a low rider seat , all the air out of it , can barely see over the steering wheel .........

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 11:55 AM
;D Iam that guy with a low rider seat , all the air out of it , can barely see over the steering wheel .........

lol. You can pull that off in a pete... In a freightliner, it just doesn't look right.

Spider
01-25-2009, 11:58 AM
lol. You can pull that off in a pete... In a freightliner, it just doesn't look right.

;D those older Shakers you could but yeah I was driving a Century Class , it didnt work ...... I hated that truck .....drove it for 2 weeks . they guy I work for now wants to pull me out of this truck and put me in a newer pete 93 model super sleeper on it ......... I know eventually i will have to drive it , but now I am enjoying my time in this 86 359 model ..........A couple of things I dont like about the newer petes , short gear shifts ,the bigger windows .....

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 12:11 PM
;D those older Shakers you could but yeah I was driving a Century Class , it didnt work ...... I hated that truck .....drove it for 2 weeks . they guy I work for now wants to pull me out of this truck and put me in a newer pete 93 model super sleeper on it ......... I know eventually i will have to drive it , but now I am enjoying my time in this 86 359 model ..........A couple of things I dont like about the newer petes , short gear shifts ,the bigger windows .....

Yeah, my '05 century shifts short like that. Took some getting used to, now it feels akward when I go back to an older truck.

Spider
01-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah, my '05 century shifts short like that. Took some getting used to, now it feels akward when I go back to an older truck.

;D i used to drive a 2 sticker 4-5 browning marriage box .... you could buy extensions for the shifters ...... my shifters were 1 inch from the ceiling of my ride but shifting that damn things 20 times got old ;D But I looked cool

driver
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM

Right on !! Had to run one awhile back it had the mercedes and s/t what a pos!:thumbs:

driver
01-25-2009, 12:49 PM
;D

;D she sure is , she has strait pipes on her , with a 400 cummins ... brings back memories .. I had 7 inch straits ,400 big cam 2 cummins in mine , you could hear me from a half a mile ;D

Love that sound! Ran an old road boss with the big cam, she'd do 105 on the flat loaded! What a rig!

Spider
01-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Right on !! Had to run one awhile back it had the mercedes and s/t what a pos!:thumbs:

well now that Catapiller engines cant meet emission standards , Paccar is coming out with their own line of Engines ..... I trust Paccar will put out a quality product ......

Spider
01-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Love that sound! Ran an old road boss with the big cam, she'd do 105 on the flat loaded! What a rig!
:wiggle: I got an old 3406 A model Kitty right now tachs out at 2400 ,13 speed 3:55 rears ..... she will scoot pretty good

driver
01-25-2009, 01:20 PM
:wiggle: I got an old 3406 A model Kitty right now tachs out at 2400 ,13 speed 3:55 rears ..... she will scoot pretty good

2400? pretty steep for a furry feline! Liked your pet peeves thread. Mine nylons hanging in the head!LOL

Spider
01-25-2009, 01:24 PM
2400? pretty steep for a furry feline! Liked your pet peeves thread. Mine nylons hanging in the head!LOL

Sure is , I rarely take it up that high ........ ;D I had to get after my oldest daughter a while back , I walked into the bathroom and she had per personals in plain view sight ...... there are some things that Dads should never see .....thats one of them

driver
01-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Sure is , I rarely take it up that high ........ ;D I had to get after my oldest daughter a while back , I walked into the bathroom and she had per personals in plain view sight ...... there are some things that Dads should never see .....thats one of them

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hope she's a good girl! Good girl= in bed by 9 home by midnight!:rofl: :rofl:

Spider
01-25-2009, 01:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hope she's a good girl! Good girl= in bed by 9 home by midnight!:rofl: :rofl:

LOL yeah she is , we had a little bout where she tried smoking ........ but that was resolved quickly .....She helps the wife with the triplets , so that is built in birth control ;D

driver
01-25-2009, 01:51 PM
LOL yeah she is , we had a little bout where she tried smoking ........ but that was resolved quickly .....She helps the wife with the triplets , so that is built in birth control ;D

3 of them? Oh man you're going to have to keep pounding til everything is going by space ship!ROFL! What did you have? bbb,ggg,bbg,ggb?How long ago?::approve:

Spider
01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
3 of them? Oh man you're going to have to keep pounding til everything is going by space ship!ROFL! What did you have? bbb,ggg,bbg,ggb?How long ago?::approve:

LOL I got 6 kids altogether .......
we had 2 boys one girl ....... the trips 2 girls 1 boy .and only 1 bathroom ... we are heading for disaster ;D

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 02:04 PM

Mine's got the detoilet 430... not a bad engine or necessarily a bad truck. It does everything I need it to do (for local work), just not the same aswhat paccar puts out.

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 02:07 PM
;D i used to drive a 2 sticker 4-5 browning marriage box .... you could buy extensions for the shifters ...... my shifters were 1 inch from the ceiling of my ride but shifting that damn things 20 times got old ;D But I looked cool

LOL so that explains why the newer KW & Pete shifters are a bit low to the ground!

driver
01-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Mine's got the detoilet 430... not a bad engine or necessarily a bad truck. It does everything I need it to do (for local work), just not the same aswhat paccar puts out.

My bitch was the Mercedes talk about gutless! Try to climb some of the passes here in Wy,Mt,Id, you have to take it down to the 3 hole and piss off everyboby behind you! Don't like the Seq. tranny either sholdn't have to think to make a shift!:wave:

driver
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM
LOL I got 6 kids altogether .......
we had 2 boys one girl ....... the trips 2 girls 1 boy .and only 1 bathroom ... we are heading for disaster ;D

Think I'll buy some pampers stock! You're going to make me rich!ROFL!

Spider
01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
My b**** was the Mercedes talk about gutless! Try to climb some of the passes here in Wy,Mt,Id, you have to take it down to the 3 hole and piss off everyboby behind you! Don't like the Seq. tranny either sholdn't have to think to make a shift!:wave:

Seq tranny ? enlighten me I never drove one .....

Spider
01-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Think I'll buy some pampers stock! You're going to make me rich!ROFL!

LOL makin someone rich besides me .....

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 02:35 PM

me neither... only oddity I've seen on a truck was the auto shift & even that **** looks too complicated for me!

driver
01-25-2009, 02:36 PM

Sequential 2under 2 over 3undr 3 over 4under 4 over and so on just not used to it! Only ran one once about 2 years ago. didn't like it much. Ever run an 18 spd. with the button? In the main gears.:thumbsup:

Spider
01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Sequential 2under 2 over 3undr 3 over 4under 4 over and so on just not used to it! Only ran one once about 2 years ago. didn't like it much. Ever run an 18 spd. with the button? In the main gears.:thumbsup:

oh ok I understand , i never drove one .......But i can see the pain in the ass part. have tangled with 2 18 speeds ....... but no button one

Dudeskey
01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
dayum

driver
01-25-2009, 02:57 PM
dayum

Thats what I saaid after I got out of that POS!:rofl:

Tombstone RJ
01-25-2009, 02:57 PM

sounds like you are teaching a dance step... and a one, and a two, and a three, wee... heel and toe, heel and toe, keep your right arm moving, there yah go!

watermock
01-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Freightliner used to make a damn good truck ........ then they got into making those FLD series pieces of crap ......... ..... ;D

That's when they merged with Peterbuilt, it was called the WorthlessPeter...

Spider
01-25-2009, 03:20 PM

Freight liner should have stayed White Freightliner ........ those trucks were built tough ..... crappy suspensions ;D

driver
01-25-2009, 03:34 PM

Ought to be able to make a LIMP joke out of that someway! Workin on it.:D

Bronco Bob
01-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Next door neighbor used to drive a Kenworth. To him it was the best
truck ever made.

Spider
01-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Next door neighbor used to drive a Kenworth. To him it was the best
truck ever made.

Kenworth is a Paccar truck like peterbilt ......