PDA

View Full Version : The Official Throw A Boat Load of Money At Albert Haynesworth Thread

SonOfLe-loLang
01-23-2009, 03:13 PM
After careful consideration of many possibilities, I've decided (in my admittedly quite uneducated opinion) that the Broncos should break the bank for Albert Haynesworth (this assumes Pat Bowlen has the means to do so).

After years of filling defensive holes with middling, stop gap free agents, its time to fix the middle of our defensive line with a real solution. Albert Haynesworth is one of a tiny handful of guys that is an enormous difference maker that effects each and every play. After years of watching our putrid (and thats being kind) defensive tackles getting ZERO push into the opposing backfield, it's time to secure a proven commodity that does it on, at least, semi-regular basis. I don't care if we are in the 3-4 (Kris Jenkins did fine with the transition), 4-3 (as someone said recently, even if you play 3-4, youre not in it THAT much because of nickle and dime. He's a monster out there and i'm sure is a game changer no matter what defense he's in. He's a guy opposing O-coordinators have to game plan for.

The idea that there is some kind of honor in only "building through the draft" and pairing them with bargain free agents that "work hard" is bogus. The Patriots were not afraid to go after a difference maker in free agency when it suited them. And Albert Haynesworth is arguably the best. This is not boss bailey, this is not gerard warren, this is not travis henry. The last time we went after a superstar of his caliber, it was Champ Bailey. That worked out pretty well for us and will continue to.

The addition of Haynesworth would probably ease the resposibility and pressure of fellow linemen and backers, which should free up a passrush. Now, with Haynesworth in place (in my dream scenario here), the work would not yet be done. I feel denver would need to sign an experienced, impact safety (Atogwe is a popular name among these parts.) There are a few in free agency that would work...Darren Sharper would be another. Once the safety is secured, drafting a guy like Maualuga makes a lot of sense to beef up the middle of the linebacker core (im sick of watching our guys get pushed around and i don't see that happening to the 260 lb Maualuga.) Even if BJ Raji somehow miraculously fell to us (i dont think he will), you can select him and go 4-3 and have a potentially dominant line from the get go. We can use the rest of the draft to strengthen the front 7 and then we have the appearance of something that might not be so frustratingly, historically awful. But I digress...

With the addtion of Haynesworth ,Rey, and the veteren safety of choice, we immediately strengthen the middle of the defense which has been an achillies heel for years now. I'm not saying this will make us top 5, but it'll get us in the 15-20 range which is what we need for a super bowl run with offensive firepower currently in place.

Now cost you ask? What about our offensive players you ask? If securing Haynesworth means losing Tony Scheffler in free agency, I'm all for it. The scale definitely tips in the dominant d-tackles favor.

It's time for the Broncos to sign an impact player that will change the culture of the entire D. This is their chance.

Flame away.

BroncoBuff
01-23-2009, 03:34 PM
I have three questions:

Is he a bonafide 3-4 NT?

Will he pout playing the thankless 2-gap assignment?

Will he cost more than Terrell Suggs?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I have three questions:

Is he a bonafide 3-4 NT?

1) I'd assume he certainly can be. He's huge, incredibly athletic, and its still playing the D-line. Its not like he's an expert translator of Italian and then asked to translate arabic.

2) Well that will have to be taken into consideration...money talks though.

3) Yes he will, but i think he's much more valuable than t-sizzle

Dedhed
01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
I'd throw that money at Nnamde and Suggs, and trade Champ for an extra 1st rounder (maybe 2nd).

Add Maualugas and Peria Jerry, and we're on the road to a solid defense.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I'd throw that money at Nnamde and Suggs, and trade Champ for an extra 1st rounder (maybe 2nd).

Add Maualugas and Peria Jerry, and we're on the road to a solid defense.

I'd be down with trading champ actually, but not signing another cornerback. Front 7, front 7, front 7.

Karenin
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
trade Champ for an extra 1st rounder (maybe 2nd).

lawl. Not gonna happen.

Dedhed
01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I'd be down with trading champ actually, but not signing another cornerback. Front 7, front 7, front 7.
I wouldn't get rid of Champ unless we got another stud at the position. Nnamde is the probably the top all-around CB in the league, and getting a high round pick for Champ would be worth it.

Champ's best days are behind him, and Nnamde is just entering his prime. We've got plenty of money to sign multiple high round picks, and adding Suggs (or Bart Scott), Peria Jerry, and Maualuga would go a long way towards addressing the front 7.

Dedhed
01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
lawl. Not gonna happen.Is that what your crystal ball said?

orange crusher
01-23-2009, 07:12 PM
lawl. Not gonna happen.

Probably not likely but I certainly wouldn't rule it out with a new coaching staff coming in with the task of rebuilding the defense.

TonyR
01-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Putting all of our eggs in Albert Haynesworth's rather large basket would be a terrible move. We need too many pieces to invest so much in one guy. He's not a particularly good citizen, he's had some injury problems (he's averaged 12.33 games per season the last 5 years), and DT's have a history of getting fat and happy when they get their big contract. We can't go down that road.

Atlas
01-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I say no. Build through the draft. Use FA to fill in holes and add depth.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
In addition to the benjamins, this will get Albert's attention, too:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7109/friedchickenrb0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Karenin
01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Is that what your crystal ball said?

Name the last time any player, let alone a 30 year old was traded for a first round draft pick. Then look up the definition of the following terms:

1)Salary cap
2)Guaranteed Contract
3)Accelerated bonus

Don't study too hard champ, your little brain might explode.

cutthemdown
01-23-2009, 07:22 PM

You're crazy Asomugha is a stud and if we could land him that would be a huge coup. Especially if we trade champ for a high pick.

Front seven also needs 2-3 new players. Probably a FA Dlineman and draft a couple promising bigger linebackers.

BroncoBuff
01-23-2009, 07:43 PM

Dude, overreact much?

It's easy to make friends here, but don't pull into town with 50 posts and start attcking regulars like that. YA'LL BE COOL! :pimp:

Malcontent
01-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Haynesworth will eat that pile of KFC or Popeyes or whatever it is once he gets this new fat contract and he will never play to the level of 2008 again! My opinion and I am sticking with it! Say no Broncos!!

Dedhed
01-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Name the last time any player, let alone a 30 year old was traded for a first round draft pick. Then look up the definition of the following terms:

1)Salary cap
2)Guaranteed Contract
3)Accelerated bonus

That would be why I put in the parenthetical, sporto.
Michael Haynes was traded to for 1st and 3rd round picks at 31.

BroncoBuff
01-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Haynesworth will eat that pile of KFC or Popeyes or whatever it is once he gets this new fat contract and he will never play to the level of 2008 again! My opinion and I am sticking with it! Say no Broncos!!

Yeah ... he busted a cleat on my boy's noggin, too.

Can't abide by such nonsense.

Rock Chalk
01-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I say no. Build through the draft. Use FA to fill in holes and add depth.

Yeah that strategy has worked out well for us hasnt it.

Rock Chalk
01-23-2009, 09:38 PM

1)Salary cap
2)Guaranteed Contract
3)Accelerated bonus

Whats the over/under on this schmuck right here not lasting more than 2 months at the Mane?

brncs_fan
01-23-2009, 10:06 PM
It's that time of year again. Time for the draftnicks and the FA Ogglers to start mincing words again.

Its like watching Gladiator every day...

azbroncfan
01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Big Albert Haynesworth would be the best NT in the league. He would be the best DT in a 4-3 too. In fact he would be the best DL on his team and is good enough to fit in any system. Sign him and take Rey M if he is there at 12.

montrose
01-23-2009, 10:50 PM
I'd rather draft BJ Raji.

yerner
01-23-2009, 11:13 PM
signing a guy that only plays in contract years and telling him to switch positions? yep, sounds awesome. better yet, bowlen should just go up in the blimp and throw 20 mill over invesco.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-23-2009, 11:14 PM

haha im with you. I don't get why people think free agency is a POISON. Albert Haynesworth is NOT Dwayne Robertson, nor would we be mortgaging the future if we sign him (we have what, 40 mil in cap room about after we cut some of these worthless aholes?) He's a stud and an instant game changer.

Breaker
01-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Is this discussion really even worth having until we know who is actually a free agent and who is not? That is of course from Captain Buzzkill

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2009, 12:01 AM
I have three questions:

Is he a bonafide 3-4 NT?

I think he could play well as a 3-4 NT, but it is not his best attributes as a DT, he is a penetrator and makes plays, he doesn't just take up space and hold up the play for someone else.

I seriously doubt he would want to do the unnoticed 2-gap assignments of a 3-4 NT

YES he will cost a hell of a lot more than Suggs.

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2009, 12:04 AM

i'd be ok with trading Champ if it was possible to know the front 7 could generate consistent pressure on the QB and force bad throws. because a strong front 7 can make even mediocre Corners look like pro bowlers.

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2009, 12:08 AM

it did with the offensive side of the ball, and if McDaniels can mimic the Pats style of bringing in FA's then it will work on the defense as well.

BroncoInferno
01-24-2009, 12:11 AM
If we are going to a 3-4, then no. Throwing huge cash at Haynesworth would be dumb.

BroncoMan4ever
01-24-2009, 12:11 AM
haha im with you. I don't get why people think free agency is a POISON. Albert Haynesworth is NOT Dwayne Robertson, nor would we be mortgaging the future if we sign him (we have what, 40 mil in cap room about after we cut some of these worthless aholes?) He's a stud and an instant game changer.

in contract years the guy is a beast. he is the best DT in the game right now, but the second he gets his contract with 30million guaranteed he is going to hit the buffet table and get lazy.

it happens with almost every DT who gets his big money deal.

also our last few ventures of giving big contracts to premier DL talent hasn't worked well.....Remember Daryl Gardner

Killericon
01-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Does anyone actually think that Haynesworth's performance this year isn't primarily motivated by his being in a contract year? He won't be half the player after he gets his big signing bonus next year.

UberBroncoMan
01-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Tenn has the cap to match whatever we throw. He's lived in Tenn since college.

Also... who really want's to invest a fortune in an injury hazard.

He's never finished a full starting season in hit ENTIRE CAREER.

He has chronic leg issues and based on his medical history odds are high we will play around 3-4 games without him.

(he averages starting around 12 games a year throughout his career)

I just don't want to deal with a vastly more expensive Boss Bailey... even if this one is an All-Pro.

He's also never shown the "hunger" to be the best. He's not really the most class act guy either. I just think he want to get paid... and with his injury history he's not going to play as hard out of the simple fact he won't want to deal with getting hurt.

Lets get NT fixed up in the draft.

cutthemdown
01-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Tenn has the cap to match whatever we throw. He's lived in Tenn since college.

Also... who really want's to invest a fortune in an injury hazard.

He's never finished a full starting season in hit ENTIRE CAREER.

He has chronic leg issues and based on his medical history odds are high we will play around 3-4 games without him.

(he averages starting around 12 games a year throughout his career)

I just don't want to deal with a vastly more expensive Boss Bailey... even if this one is an All-Pro.

He's also never shown the "hunger" to be the best. He's not really the most class act guy either. I just think he want to get paid... and with his injury history he's not going to play as hard out of the simple fact he won't want to deal with getting hurt.

Lets get NT fixed up in the draft.

There is a chance any team trying to sign Haynesworth is just doing Tenn negotiating for them. As soon as he gets best deal, he lets them match.

You only have so much time to grab FA. Not enough time to visit with them all. You have to choose ones that are open to coming to your city or you are wasting your time.

IMO Peppers sounds more likely to leave then Albert.

rastaman
01-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Why would Haynesworth want to come to Denver....a team thats in disarray and rebuilding and who's front four is one of the worst in the league!!!

Haynesworth will either stay with the Titans or go to one of the teams who made the playoffs and or the SB!!!

watermock
01-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I have three questions:

Is he a bonafide 3-4 NT?

Suggs was playing on 1 shoulder and want's to stay in Balt.

That kinda shows how bad our defense was when we didn't even notice.

Raji will be adequate and 1/3 the money

I think we can get by with Powell/Thonas/Robertson and draft Ray Ray.

Raji doesn't really warrant a #12.

cmhargrove
01-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Peppers or Suggs would make more of an impact in my opinion.

Get 2-3 big ass mofos in the draft who have no egos, and are willing to learn from an excellent D-line coach. Their job is not to be a superstar, its to take on a double team so someone else can be the superstar.

We have to learn to develop our own guys, and now we have a coach who can do exactly that.

I'd rather take Raji or Brace and make them "our guys" for the next 8 years.
We just need a huge, mean body in the middle, that player doesn't need to be nearly as qualified or highly paid as Haynesworth.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Why would Haynesworth want to come to Denver....a team thats in disarray and rebuilding and who's front four is one of the worst in the league!!!

Haynesworth will either stay with the Titans or go to one of the teams who made the playoffs and or the SB!!!

Money. Money. money

SonOfLe-loLang
01-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Peppers or Suggs would make more of an impact in my opinion.

Get 2-3 big ass mofos in the draft who have no egos, and are willing to learn from an excellent D-line coach. Their job is not to be a superstar, its to take on a double team so someone else can be the superstar.

We have to learn to develop our own guys, and now we have a coach who can do exactly that.

I'd rather take Raji or Brace and make them "our guys" for the next 8 years.
We just need a huge, mean body in the middle, that player doesn't need to be nearly as qualified or highly paid as Haynesworth.

I'd rather not give up a 1st and 3rd for peppers or whatever it will cost us as they arent just gonna let the guy go.

DomCasual
06-16-2010, 01:29 PM
What a dirtbag.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5292862

Los Broncos
06-16-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm glad we didn't sign him, what a douche.

Smiling Assassin27
06-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Hayneworth is a cancer. He will not fit into the scheme or the character of this team because, as his past behavior demonstrates, he is only about Albert. With a personality like McD, Albert would sulk, moan to the press, and basically be the second coming of Brandon Marshall. Pass.

oubronco
06-16-2010, 01:44 PM
cashin checks and ****in skins

Ugly Duck
06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Is he a bonafide 3-4 NT?

He refuses to play NT in a 3-4.... that's what this is all about, thats his beef with RatFace. He abhors the 3-4 so much he's walking out on a $100 mil contract:

"Haynesworth has long been unhappy with the Redskins' switch to a 3-4 defense, which would require him to tie up blockers as opposed to blow past them."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/15/haynesworth-to-skip-mandatory-minicamp-wants-trade/?related=1

bfoflcommish
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I think the most important thing we need to take away from this thread is

we miss kyla....I mean Atlas

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2889&dateline=1245650066

SonOfLe-loLang
06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah, i guess i missed with this one! He's obviously talented, but a pain in the ass.

That One Guy
06-16-2010, 02:09 PM
He refuses to play NT in a 3-4.... that's what this is all about, thats his beef with RatFace. He abhors the 3-4 so much he's walking out on a $100 mil contract:

"Haynesworth has long been unhappy with the Redskins' switch to a 3-4 defense, which would require him to tie up blockers as opposed to blow past them."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/15/haynesworth-to-skip-mandatory-minicamp-wants-trade/?related=1

He's not walking out on anything. He wants the money and knows they can't get most of it back so he's refusing to do the work now.

CBA bites players usually but here it's biting the team.

DomCasual
06-16-2010, 02:32 PM

They can fine him $9400 each day he misses, according to the CBA. It takes a lot of 9400's to get to 100 million.

He's pretty much screwing them. "Rat Face" has every right to be pissed.

Baba Booey
06-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Kornheiser just called Haynesworth a lumux.

lol

That One Guy
06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Kornheiser just called Haynesworth a lumux.

lol

Is that a word?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Is that a word?

yes, but its spelled lummox

DomCasual
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
yes, but its spelled lummox

It's a good word, too. It's one that sounds like just what it describes.

Tombstone RJ
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
It's a good word, too. It's one that sounds like just what it describes.

Onomonpia anyone? :wiggle:

DomCasual
06-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Onomonpia anyone? :wiggle:

Also a good word. (You left out an o, but who in the hell spells that off the top of their head? I had to look it up, and you came a lot closer than I would have.:))

azbroncfan
06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Glad Denver didn't listen to me.

DomCasual
06-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Glad Denver didn't listen to me.

It's a good thing, because you're a lummox.

TonyR
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Putting all of our eggs in Albert Haynesworth's rather large basket would be a terrible move. We need too many pieces to invest so much in one guy. He's not a particularly good citizen, he's had some injury problems (he's averaged 12.33 games per season the last 5 years), and DT's have a history of getting fat and happy when they get their big contract. We can't go down that road.

Clearly the lesson here is that everyone should always listen to me! :twokisses

oubronco
06-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I think the most important thing we need to take away from this thread is

we miss kyla....I mean Atlas

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2889&dateline=1245650066

:notworthy

Ugly Duck
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM
He's not walking out on anything. He wants the money and knows they can't get most of it back so he's refusing to do the work now.

$41 mil of the $100 contract is guaranteed, but they won't pay him the rest if he leaves or refuses to play. That's the part that he's walking away from. If he just "wanted the money," all he has to do is show up for work. He's leaving most of it on the table cuz he doesn't want to play in a 3-4. Right now, RatBoy is trying to take back $21 mil of what they already gave him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5292920

Lev Vyvanse
06-16-2010, 06:41 PM
I say sign him but I wonder if he would be as good playing the 3-4 nose position?

TonyR
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
I say sign him but I wonder if he would be as good playing the 3-4 nose position?

He doesn't want to play in the 3-4 nose position. That's one of the reasons he isn't happy in D.C.

WABronco
06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
He's worth 40 mil guaranteed, along with Doom. We need the two highest paid players in NFL history.

Lev Vyvanse
06-16-2010, 07:10 PM
He doesn't want to play in the 3-4 nose position. That's one of the reasons he isn't happy in D.C.

I don't know. I think he would have the position locked up. Unless of course...

*WARHORSE*
06-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Step one: Pour gas on this thread.

Step two: Back away a safe distance.

Step three: Drink a Budweiser.

Step fffffour: Fill empty bottle of Bud with gas.

Step fffffive: Plug old oily rag in top of Bud bottle.

Step six: Light rag with oxy/acet torch.

Step seven: Throw bottle at thread.

Step eight: Drink another Bud...........watch burn.

tsiguy96
06-16-2010, 09:47 PM

i dont believe you.

i say we trade for him, he should be able to play 3-4 NT.

broncocalijohn
06-16-2010, 09:49 PM
What i found most laughable i that he stated he liked his freedom with his 7 years with the Titans. Seemed to all of us he wanted out of there. Now, he realizes how nice it was as a Titan. Haynesworth needs to realize he doesnt run the camp aka the asylum.

JCMElway
06-16-2010, 09:54 PM
The reason Haynesworth is pissed in Washington is that he doesn't want to play the Nose Tackle in a 3-4. Why would he come to a new team and play that position when he doesn't want to play it where he's at?

JCMElway
06-16-2010, 09:55 PM
On the other hand, we should bring him in. He may provide some good competition in training camp.

tsiguy96
06-16-2010, 09:58 PM
The reason Haynesworth is pissed in Washington is that he doesn't want to play the Nose Tackle in a 3-4. Why would he come to a new team and play that position when he doesn't want to play it where he's at?

because, dummy, he can bring depth into training camp, and his disruptive skills will translate to the 3-4 NT position.

azbroncfan
06-16-2010, 10:10 PM

Fletcher claimed he was doing the same **** last year in their 4-3 defense too. He is just a big cancer that needs to be shown the door. If that prick will bitch when making 100 million he needs to go flip burgers somewhere.

DomCasual
06-16-2010, 10:14 PM
On the other hand, we should bring him in. He may provide some good competition in training camp.

Training camp fodder.

Archer81
06-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I think its a punk move to accept $21 mil from a franchise, act like you will show up for mandatory team activities and then decide to skip them. Shanahan is many things, but that obviously will not go over well.

Bad move, Haynesworth. You force Shanahan to move you and you will not like where you end up.

:Broncos:

boltaneer
06-17-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm getting so sick of the antics of players as of late.

What's to stop any other player from pulling something like this after getting huge guaranteed money?

watermock
06-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Who cares what the guy thinks.

Shanahan can still bring him off either gap.

All yo do is free up an ILB.

He's stupid.

watermock
06-17-2010, 02:11 AM
It's an uncapped year.

Point zero.

That includes Champ, Graham and Haynsworth.

eddie mac
06-17-2010, 02:30 AM
I'm getting so sick of the antics of players as of late.

What's to stop any other player from pulling something like this after getting huge guaranteed money?

Totally agree.

The NFL need to seriously sit down with all 32 teams and agree a mandatory structure for every player's contract, afterall they agree them before they can be officially signed.

Obviously the numbers can be different but each and every team needs a get out clause or a payback facility in every contract to protect themselves, it's bad enough forking out $40m in the first place but to have to keep children like this happy is beyond a joke in some cases.

elsid13
06-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Fletcher claimed he was doing the same **** last year in their 4-3 defense too. He is just a big cancer that needs to be shown the door. If that prick will b**** when making 100 million he needs to go flip burgers somewhere.

He was, and he was bitching how they were using him then too. Funny thing is that shanny and the new staff were going to move him around to let him cause problem.

HILife
06-17-2010, 03:51 AM
"Obviously, he took the check," Shanahan said, "so I was surprised he wasn't here today. ... Don't take our check and then say that, hey, you don't want to be part of our organization."

Gave them the Okey Doke.

azbroncfan
06-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Who cares what the guy thinks.

Shanahan can still bring him off either gap.

All yo do is free up an ILB.

He's stupid.

???? Mock is back.

Garcia Bronco
06-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Good grief. Haynesworth doesn't want to play NT. he's not a 3-4 player.

bowtown
06-17-2010, 05:16 AM
I wonder if he'd be willing to come to Denver and play NT in a 3-4.

azbroncfan
06-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Good grief. Haynesworth doesn't want to play NT. he's not a 3-4 player.

Exactly but you would think for 100 mil he would do about anything. I hope he rots and wastes his talent and it costs him a bunch of money.

Garcia Bronco
06-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Exactly but you would think for 100 mil he would do about anything. I hope he rots and wastes his talent and it costs him a bunch of money.

I don't disagree. But these are the kids we raise today.

Broncos_OTM
06-17-2010, 05:34 AM
because, dummy, he can bring depth into training camp, and his disruptive skills will translate to the 3-4 NT position.

Trying to see if you are serious. He may have the size but he aint got the heart for the position..

Beantown Bronco
06-17-2010, 06:23 AM
I wonder if he'd be willing to come to Denver and play NT in a 3-4.

You know......I was wondering the same thing. I hope they bring him in for a look.

bronco militia
06-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Step one: Pour gas on this thread.

Step two: Back away a safe distance.

Step three: Drink a Budweiser.

Step fffffour: Fill empty bottle of Bud with gas.

Step fffffive: Plug old oily rag in top of Bud bottle.

Step six: Light rag with oxy/acet torch.

Step seven: Throw bottle at thread.

Step eight: Drink another Bud...........watch burn.

this!

Ha!