PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Shanahan isnít a candidate in Kansas City

Taco John
01-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Shanahan isnít a candidate in Kansas City

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Mike Shanahan

Despite rampant reports that the Chiefs are negotiating with former Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan to replace Herm Edwards, they are not, sources said Friday.

The Chiefs never have made any contact with Shanahan ó never. And there have been no contract negotiations.

So unless people I have known for years are wrong, Shanahan will not be the next coach of the Chiefs. Itís not happening. People can keep talking as if it is, but itís not. Shanahan will not be the coach of the Chiefs in 2009.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/23/shanahan-is-not-a-candidate-in-kansas-city/

Malcontent
01-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Soooo he's saying theres a chance....

Bob's your Information Minister
01-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Schefter: I'm a moron in denial

Rock Chalk
WTF why do I keep getting calls on my cell phone from everyone asking me if Shanny is the god damn coach?

ESPN is reporting it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Journalist Wars! It's on everybody!

TheDave
You have to admit... it is kinda funny watching Bobo jerk himself off to this.

hades
Nail in the coffin right there, it will be announced right after the SB that Shanhan is their new HC. ;)

Karenin
I'm a moron in denial

Yep. Also,

I weigh 500 lbs

DomCasual
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM

...who has been uncannily accurate about all things Shanahan for fifteen years.

Inkana7
01-23-2009, 04:09 PM

Yeah. Because he's always wrong about Broncos-related news and is the kind of journalist to be in "denial."

Asshat.

Florida_Bronco
01-23-2009, 04:10 PM
You have to admit... it is kinda funny watching Bobo jerk himself off to this.

It's also funny watching him try to one-up the most reliable reporter in the NFL.

Taco John
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not inclined to believe that Schefter is wrong on matters pertaining to Shanahan. It would be news in itself if Adam ends up eating a **** sandwhich on this one...

Irish Stout
01-23-2009, 04:12 PM
You do not deny Scoop. Scoop knows all. He has his hit together, he keeps it right after the 's' so that its well organized. Schefter is probably the most reliable source for news in the NFL.

I still wish he wrote for the DP... I really miss his ten football restaraunt reviews.

Schefter is being played as part of negotiations.

Jens1893
I'm not inclined to believe that Schefter is wrong on matters pertaining to Shanahan. It would be news in itself if Adam ends up eating a **** sandwhich on this one...

Well, Schefter seems to be pretty damn certain to say thiis and heīs basically putting his reputation on the line here

DomCasual
01-23-2009, 04:13 PM

Throw in the stuff Shanahan has said are the things he would look for in a coaching job, and it seems suspect.

The one things I can think of that he said he loved about Denver was the rabid fan base. KC obviously has that. Otherwise, it is one of the worst fits I can think of.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
When Schefter say people close to me for years he means Shanahan. It ain't happening.

DomCasual
01-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't know why we're even debating this.

Has anyone talked with Garcia?

Someone needs to talk with Garcia.

Let's settle this.

Taco John
01-23-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't even want to think about this calamity. I'm going to trust Schefter.

hades
Schefter has a magic 8 ball that actually works, that's how he knows.

SlipperyPete
heīs basically putting his reputation on the line here

He really is.

For one thing, Chris Mortenson is the main source spawning these rumors, and Mortenson said a day or two ago that Herm would probably be out of KC by Friday. Could have been a total guess, of course, but it's Friday and Herm got the ax. So Mortenson appears to have some connection with what's going on in KC.

And ESPN has run through a host of people, from Bill Williamson to now Kevin Harlan, with these stories saying "I was told Shanahan wanted to coach in the AFC West" or "I was told Shanahan would only work for Scott Pioli".

And Schfter is standing alone.

Rock Chalk
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
It wouldnt be a calamity Isaac.

Shanny goes to the Chiefs, we can rest assured that they do no better than 9-7 for the next 15 years. No hall of fame QB on the Chief roster :)

dbfan4life
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Not that it matters you you but I had you on iggy for that longest damn time. After a while, it seemed like you would actually engage in sensible, civil conversation so I removed you. Now your back to your old antics and I'm kicking myself for taking your dumb ass off iggy. Well guess what? Now you on perma-iggy. I'd apprectiate if other members would not quote this dumbass, I no longer care what this douche has to say. Thanks in advance.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 04:18 PM
He really is.

For one thing, Chris Mortenson is the main source spawning these rumors, and Mortenson said a day or two ago that Herm would probably be out of KC by Friday. Could have been a total guess, of course, but it's Friday and Herm got the ax. So Mortenson appears to have some connection with what's going on in KC.

And ESPN has run through a host of people, from Bill Williamson to now Kevin Harlan, with these stories saying "I was told Shanahan wanted to coach in the AFC West" or "I was told Shanahan would only work for Scott Pioli".

And Schfter is standing alone.

The difference between all those hacks and Schefter. Is Schefter has Bowlens and Shanahans phone numbers and get it from the horses mouth. Not from sources.

ohiobronco2
01-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Gotta admit, I'd laugh my a** off if he became KC's new coach. I didn't want Shanny to leave, just wanted him to hire a new D coach and completely wash his hands of GM duties. If he goes to KC, he won't have the same power he had here and what would that say. That Pat was just too big of a p*ssy to ask Mike to step down from those responsiblities? I don't know, it is all speculation at this point. If we were to lose to KC with him as their head coach, I'd be upset, but also laugh at all of the bleeding va***** on here that wanted to chase away a HOF coach. We shall see.

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2009, 04:19 PM

It's all we have.

Rulon Velvet Jones
ESPN news wire update:

UPDATE: PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING WORDING

CREDIT ESPN's Chris Mortensen --

ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen reports that the Chiefs are TARGETING Shanahan and negotiations have occurred, according to sources.

Shanahan could not be reached for comment and Chiefs had no comment.

NYC Bronco
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917

01-23-2009, 04:20 PM

There's no place like home...there's no place like home....

http://radified.com/gfx2/ruby_slippers.jpg

Rock Chalk
ohio you are a dumbass.

If we lose to KC, like we do once a year most years ANYWAY, it changes nothing. KC was a **** team this year and we still got our asses kicked in Narrowhead.

snowspot66
And next year he'll bring in Bob Slowik to run the defense.

Ironlung
01-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Who cares? If Shanny wants to go coach a team with one good player, have at it.

If he thinks he's gonna dominate us like he dominated the raiders after being fired, good luck.

Garcia Bronco
01-23-2009, 04:24 PM
my Oakley source is deadly solid. Coach will coach the ketchup and mustard.

BigPlayShay
Schefter helped write a book with Shanny for pete's sake. Shanny is Schefter's source.

SouthStndJunkie
MORT AND SCHEFTER DUEL OVER REPORTS OF SHANAHAN TO CHIEFS

Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2009, 5:48 p.m. EST

This is getting pretty good.Two of the top NFL information men in the business are engaged in a duel regarding the question of whether the Kansas City Chiefs are talking to former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan regarding the possibility of replacing former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Chiefs and Shanahan are closing in on a deal.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported on Thursday, and has reiterated today, that the Chiefs have made no contact with Shanahan.

“[U]nless people I have known for years are blatantly lying to me, Shanahan is not going to be the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs,” Schefter writes. “It is not happening. People can keep talking as if it is. But it is not. He will not be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009.”

Pistols or swords, gentlemen?

orangenblue
01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
All you have to do to beat a Shanahan coached team is run the ball. They can't tackle.

01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Who cares? If Shanny wants to go coach a team with one good player, have at it.

Look at you guys grasping at straws. ROFL!

You're terrified!

Watch your futures...END!

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2856/shannykckz1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM
And Mortensen already had to post a correction press release to say targeting. I think I will stick with the credible Schefter.

SpringStein
01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
MORT AND SCHEFTER DUEL OVER REPORTS OF SHANAHAN TO CHIEFS

Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2009, 5:48 p.m. EST

This is getting pretty good.Two of the top NFL information men in the business are engaged in a duel regarding the question of whether the Kansas City Chiefs are talking to former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan regarding the possibility of replacing former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Chiefs and Shanahan are closing in on a deal.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported on Thursday, and has reiterated today, that the Chiefs have made no contact with Shanahan.

ď[U]nless people I have known for years are blatantly lying to me, Shanahan is not going to be the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs,Ē Schefter writes. ďIt is not happening. People can keep talking as if it is. But it is not. He will not be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009.Ē

Pistols or swords, gentlemen?

This is what Schefter had to say in a Q/A this afternoon:

Kansas City's coaching search has me baffled, and I hate being baffled. I think it would have been Josh McDaniels if he didn't take Denver's job. It would have been Kirk Ferentz if he were willing to leave Iowa. And now it could be Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey or maybe even Herm himself, as hard as that is to believe. But they have been on information lockdown in KC. Everyone's trying to crack the code.

Doesn't sound as confident...

DomCasual
01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I wonder who Schefter is talking about when he refers to "people he's known for years and years?"

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/30/18/86c11363ada09d3759afc010._AA240_.L.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
01-23-2009, 04:40 PM

You're terrified!

haha...he's still wearing a broncos sweatshirt in that pic.....FAIL

24champ
01-23-2009, 04:41 PM
And Mortensen already had to post a correction press release to say targeting. I think I will stick with the credible Schefter.

:giggle:

Mort basically backed off.

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 04:45 PM
FYI, Schefter was on the phone with Shanny's agent laughing about the rumor just before talking to Dave Logan today.

Also, Logan said he personally talked to shanahan last night and said the rumors are 100% false

DenverBrit
01-23-2009, 04:48 PM
There's no place like Mom's basement...there's no place like Mom's basement....:curtsey:

http://radified.com/gfx2/ruby_slippers.jpg

Keep your drag act off the boards and close that closet door.

USMCBladerunner
01-23-2009, 04:54 PM
This is what Schefter had to say in a Q/A this afternoon:

Kansas City's coaching search has me baffled, and I hate being baffled. I think it would have been Josh McDaniels if he didn't take Denver's job. It would have been Kirk Ferentz if he were willing to leave Iowa. And now it could be Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey or maybe even Herm himself, as hard as that is to believe. But they have been on information lockdown in KC. Everyone's trying to crack the code.

Doesn't sound as confident...

sounds to me like two different topics...one, being whether Shanny is in negotiations with KC, to which Schefter says not a chance, the other being who is KC targeting, and Schefter says dunno...

Seems to me that Schefter called Shanny and asked. Apparently he doesn't have as solid a source in KC.

orange crusher
01-23-2009, 04:55 PM

You're terrified!

Wishful thinking. Maybe you should put a ketchup and mustard cap on someone like this instead. It's probably more likely.

Simply Red
01-23-2009, 04:59 PM
:giggle:

Mort basically backed off.

link?

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Read the new press release where he went from iminent to targetting.

Taco John
01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Schefter just backed up his story on NFLN. He says Mike and the Chiefs have not talked, and that Mike will not become the HC of the Chiefs.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 05:21 PM
link?

No link needed mort is an idiot. nuff said

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Schefter just backed up his story on NFLN. He says Mike and the Chiefs have not talked, and that Mike will not become the HC of the Chiefs.

Dave Logan also said locally that he spoke to Mike last night and the reports are 100% false.

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Dave Logan also said locally that he spoke to Mike last night and the reports are 100% false.

yes...I heard the same thing on koa around 4:00pm today

01-23-2009, 05:26 PM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/20/shannykc2pd5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 05:28 PM

something for your spank bank

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 05:29 PM
something for your spank bank

I wonder what he did to trent green pictures. ROFL!

Taco John
01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
It isn't going to happen. This whole story is based on the wishful desire of the Chiefs organization to be the Broncos.

SouthStndJunkie
I just watched Total Access and Schefter seemed pretty damn confident that there is zero chance Shanny will go to Kansas City.

bronco militia
I wonder what he did to trent green pictures. ROFL!

:~ohyah!:

Blart
01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Hilarious to see Chiefs fans so excited by this news, hahahahhaa

kcpasco
01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
It isn't going to happen. This whole story is based on the wishful desire of the Chiefs organization to be the Broncos.

Yes, we strive to go back to mediocrity.

01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Hilarious to see Chiefs fans so excited by this news, hahahahhaa

Hilarious to see Broncos fans so terrified by this news, MWA hahahahahaha!

COBronco 69
01-23-2009, 05:33 PM

Would be a hell of a move up wouldnt it?

obediah
01-23-2009, 05:34 PM
As far as im concerned you can have him Bob. Have fun with ratboi he doesnt scare me in the slightest. KC doesnt have ANYONE that can match up with ANYONE on the 98 Broncos except maybe the waterboy and he sure as hell doesnt have a Kubiack and Bates to make him look good. Shanahoohoo was exposed for the ratfink he is and was who used talent and other coaches to make him look like a genius, until they all slowly went away. Have fun the next couple of years with your draft and your offensive mastermind LOL!!!

The Kansas City Chokes will continue to do just that... CHOKE!!!!

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 05:35 PM

your fan base is as torn as our's is about the prospect.

orange crusher
01-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Is this one of those "which thing doesn't fit in this picture" puzzles?

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Huge step from where you are now.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Is this one of those "which thing doesn't fit in this picture" puzzles?

HA!

Inkana7
01-23-2009, 05:38 PM

I have yet to see anyone "terrified". You want people to be, but they really aren't.

DenverBrit
01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Hilarious to see Broncos fans laughing at me, just because I'm an uninformed wannabe KFC pamphlet writer. I may be clueless but I know fried chicken and a pizza slice when I see them.

Don't fret, we will still think of you as our pinata.

KC Paul
01-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Schefter's pissing up a rope on this deal.....pretty much like he did when he reported a couple of weeks ago that there's no chance of Scott Pioli getting hired by the Chiefs either. Hilarious!

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Don't fret, we will still think of you as our pinata.

More like a sparkle jockey red chew toy.

DomCasual
01-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Well, the guy has been here for almost 25 years. I'll admit - I don't want him to end up a Chief. When you break up with a girlfriend (I realize we're speaking in theories here; and no, your hand doesn't count), you feel jealousy when she starts going out with someone else. That doesn't mean you want her back. It's a natural human emotion.

What's hilarious is seeing the Chiefs fans' reactions to the possibility he might be going there. I always used to mock Chiefs fans who would blabber on and on about how the Broncos "cheated" - as if any Chiefs fan wouldn't sell his mother (and aunt, but I digress) to win a couple Lombardis. Such speculation was always met with buckets of righteous indignation.

Chiefs fans, five years ago: "We don't want to win if it means 'cheating!'"

Chiefs fans, today: "OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! SHANAHAN IS COMING HERE!"

Being right never gets old. It just never gets old.

Karenin
01-23-2009, 05:55 PM

Mediocrity would be 4x as many wins as you had this year. Sounds pretty good to me.

Karenin
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Schefter's pissing up a rope on this deal.....pretty much like he did when he reported a couple of weeks ago that there's no chance of Scott Pioli getting hired by the Chiefs either. Hilarious!

Link?

Didn't think so.

KC Paul
01-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Chiefs fans, five years ago: "We don't want to win if it means 'cheating!'"

Chiefs fans, today: "OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! SHANAHAN IS COMING HERE!"

Being right never gets old. It just never gets old.
No, but generalization DOES- just because a FEW Chiefs fans cried Wolf like that doesn't mean we ALL did. Just admit it BroncoFans- you're F*CKED if Shanahan is hired here, plain and simple.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 06:00 PM
No, but generalization DOES- just because a FEW Chiefs fans cried Wolf like that doesn't mean we ALL did. Just admit it BroncoFans- you're ****ED if Shanahan is hired here, plain and simple.

Hilarious!

No actually we aren't.

DomCasual
01-23-2009, 06:01 PM
No, but generalization DOES- just because a FEW Chiefs fans cried Wolf like that doesn't mean we ALL did. Just admit it BroncoFans- you're ****ED if Shanahan is hired here, plain and simple.

Shanahan's most common ChiefsPlanet nickname, prior to about a week ago: Shanarat

Shanahan's most common ChiefsPlanet nickname, today: Shanny

What a bunch of imbeciles! ROFL!

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 06:02 PM
By the way where is KCDud he has been MIA since Kaylor made him his bitch.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 06:02 PM

I personally could care less shanahan has lost a step ( you know it and the entire NFL knows it) plain and simple hes all yours.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Shanahan's most common ChiefsPlanet nickname, prior to about a week ago: Shanarat

Now that right there is some funny shyt! Hilarious!

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 06:05 PM
By the way where is KCDud he has been MIA since Kaylor made him his b****.

2x4 is used to it by now. :~ohyah!:

elsid13
01-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Let face reality Shanahan isn't going some place were he isn't the top dog. No matter what people think, Shanahan is to much of control freak, like the Tuna, to turn over personnel matters to someone else. He would want the final say which isn't happening KC, unless Piolio (however you spell his name). Plus, Shanahan isn't going to coach on his own, all his boys now have new gigs and won't get out of thier contract real easily.

lazarus4444
01-23-2009, 06:17 PM
You guys can have him. Sure your offense will be kick ass but the rest of the team will suffer. Hope he hires slovik as the d-coordinator, lmao.

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 06:22 PM
why doesnt everyone here just calm down until something is official?

kcpasco
01-23-2009, 06:24 PM
why doesnt everyone here just calm down until something is official?

THIS

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
I actually wouldn't mind the move. The best times for all the AFC West teams were when they all were super competitive. Much like the AFC East is now.

I just don't think it will happen.

Nightwish
01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
What's hilarious is seeing the Chiefs fans' reactions to the possibility he might be going there. I always used to mock Chiefs fans who would blabber on and on about how the Broncos "cheated"
There are more than a few of us who aren't exactly throwing out the confetti over the idea of him coming here, and for that very reason.

cutthemdown
01-23-2009, 06:33 PM
It would bother me if Shannhan coached the Queefs. Then slowly as season approached it would turn to utter contempt. Then the chance to stick it to him and queef fans would overwhelm me and I would get excited about it.
Then when Shannahan sucks in KC and we kick the **** out them I will revel in it's glory and make Harvey Wallbangers from the tears of lil indians.

Screw Shannahan if that's what he wants to do.

So will Shanny be off loading his Cherry Hills home?

Nightwish
01-23-2009, 06:37 PM
It would bother me if Shannhan coached the Queefs. Then slowly as season approached it would turn to utter contempt. Then the chance to stick it to him and queef fans would overwhelm me and I would get excited about it.
Then when Shannahan sucks in KC and we kick the **** out them I will revel in it's glory and make Harvey Wallbangers from the tears of lil indians.
I'm sure the Chiefs fans will return the sentiment. You'll get your pleasure in Denver, and we'll get ours in KC. Some things never change. SS/DY.

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 06:40 PM
i hope he does coach the chiefs, take 7 mill off our books and make the rivalry that much more hated.

Simply Red
01-23-2009, 06:41 PM

Yeah, I'll roll the red carpet out for him.

lazarus4444
01-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I read on espn that they are offering him a below market deal to stiff the broncos with the rest. So if he accepts 2mil to coach Pat is on the hook paying 5mil to KC's head coach. I hope it doesn't happen just for that reason....

In fact, if Mike goes to the Chefs i will forever disrespect him.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 06:46 PM
He isn't going. Mortensen seriously has to save face now that he blew his load on a report from some KC Media hack and jumped the gun.

Its why I don't watch ESPN they are hacks.

Lycan
01-23-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/23/mort-backs-off-on-shanahan-to-chiefs/

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/23/mort-backs-off-on-shanahan-to-chiefs/

and Schefter has driven his Prius at less than five miles per hour into Mortís leg.

That cracked me up.

Nightwish
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
When I see a direct quote from Shanarat or the Chiefs confirming the rumor, I'll believe it is happening.

When I see a direct quote from Shanarat or the Chiefs refuting the rumor, I'll believe it isn't happening.

For now, both Chris Mortenson and Adam Schefter can go fly a kite.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 07:00 PM
When I see a direct quote from Shanarat or the Chiefs confirming the rumor, I'll believe it is happening.

When I see a direct quote from Shanarat or the Chiefs refuting the rumor, I'll believe it isn't happening.

For now, both Chris Mortenson and Adam Schefter can go fly a kite.

So do you stop calling him shanarat if hes named KC HC? :kiss:

DenverBrit
01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Mort just talked by phone on ESPN and said his source inside KC's organization confirmed that there is no chance Shanahan will be the Chiefs coach.

Mort's back-peddling so fast, his 'hair' is burning down there. Ha!

Nightwish
01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
So do you stop calling him shanarat if hes named KC HC? :kiss:

I doubt I will. Interestingly, I asked that exact question on the Chiefsplanet board. Seems there are still plenty of fans who will favor calling him the rat for some time to come, whether he's in red-and-gold or not.

Broncojef
01-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Mort just talked by phone on ESPN and said his source inside KC's organization confirmed that there is no chance Shanahan will be the Chiefs coach.

Mort's back-peddling so fast, his 'hair' is burning down there. Ha!

Crap!! Some of us Bronco fans would love seeing Shanny in KC...Come on Shanny at least give them a chance in Mulletville.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 07:15 PM
He isn't going. Mortensen seriously has to save face now that he blew his load on a report from some KC Media hack and jumped the gun.

Its why I don't watch ESPN they are hacks.

Those hacks sure made Schefter eat his words when he said "Pioli would not be the KC GM"

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Those hacks sure made Schefter eat his words when he said "Pioli would not be the KC GM"

Concerning the broncos Schefter is rarely wrong so whatever.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 07:18 PM

There is a difference. Schefter has no direct contact with Pioli. He does with Shanny and Bowlen.

Oh and before you look even dumber, go watch ESPN. Mort just said he talked to a Chiefs official and Shanahan will not be the Chiefs coach.

Looks like the hacks pissed themselves.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 07:19 PM
And mort thought he had the big lead. ROFL!

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
There is a difference. Schefter has no direct contact with Pioli. He does with Shanny and Bowlen.

Oh and before you look even dumber, go watch ESPN. Mort just said he talked to a Chiefs official and Shanahan will not be the Chiefs coach.

Looks like the hacks pissed themselves.

I never once said ESPN was right so please get off your high horse, I was merely pointing out that all journalists get things wrong. For people to flame ESPN reporters and praise Schefter as "one of the best sources on NFL news" or whatever someone said is completely hipacritical. He might just be one of the best for donk news, but when he tried to report on one of the biggest stories in the NFL just a week ago,(not to mention the #1 GM prospect in years) he completely dropped the ball.

Inkana7
01-23-2009, 07:35 PM
#1 GM Prospect in years. Hilarious! Listen to you guys stroke yourselves.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 07:41 PM

Who has been regarded any higher? His resume speaks for itself.

2001 New England Patriots season
Dallas Morning News – NFL Executive of the Year Award

2003 season
Further information: 2003 New England Patriots season
Pro Football Weekly – NFL Executive of the Year Award
Sporting News – George Young NFL Executive of the Year Award
Sports Illustrated – NFL Executive of the Year Award

2004 season
Further information: 2004 New England Patriots season
NFL Players Association – Executive Achievement Award
San Francisco Chronicle – Executive of the Year Award
Sporting News – George Young NFL Executive of the Year Award
Sports Illustrated – NFL Executive of the Year Award
USA Today – NFL Executive of the Year Award

2007 season
Further information: 2007 New England Patriots season
Dallas Morning News – NFL Executive of the Year Award
Pro Football Weekly – NFL Executive of the Year Award
San Francisco Chronicle – Executive of the Year Award

There is not a team out there that wouldn't want this guy (except maybe the Colts, they have a very good GM in waiting.)

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 07:48 PM

If he was one of the biggest GM prospects in years NE wouldn't let him leave. He is good but he is no legend.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 07:52 PM
If he was one of the biggest GM prospects in years NE wouldn't let him leave. He is good but he is no legend.

It's not a matter of letting him leave, it's not like they haven't given him raises to keep him from leaving in the past. It's a matter of he wants to prove that it wasn't just Bill doing all the work out there. There's a reason virtually every team that has been looking for a GM in the past few years have had this guy as #1 on their wish list.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah right tell yourself that. Yet teams like the Dolphins go with retread unloyal Parcells. He may be decent but he wasn't the brain trust in NE.

orange crusher
01-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Seems there are still plenty of fans who will favor calling him the rat for some time to come, whether he's in red-and-gold or not.

When did that nasty yellow turn to gold?

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Technically the Dolphins did not go with with Parcells, since he isn't the GM. What they did do is bring him in to oversee the General Manager and Coaching staff. Now, Miami most likely figured once Parcells was hired, he would bring in Son-in-Law Pioli to be GM since he wanted no part of GM duties. Of course, the whole reason in leaving NE would be to be out from under someones shadow and get full credit, something Pioli would not get in Miami. Not to mention, it would be difficult to work with one's father-in-law. Jeff Ireland is no Pioli. If you think otherwise, you calling me dumb earlier is even more comical than it was then.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
LOL you are easy to push around. Stick around here though you are a very knowledgable fan of the Chiefs. Very few around here.

DenverBrit
01-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Schefter: Shanahan is not taking Chief's job

KANSAS CITY - Mike Shanahan may not have a new job after all. After reports surfaced the former Denver Broncos head coach was close to taking the top job with the Kansas City Chiefs, those reporting that have backtracked.
Advertisement
Quantcast

ESPN now reports only that the Chiefs are targeting Shanahan for their head coaching job after the team fired Herm Edwards on Friday. Initially, ESPN reported that a deal was near between the Chiefs and Shanahan.

Edwards was fired after going 15-34 in three seasons. He still had one year left in his original four-year, $12 million contract.

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter, who recently finished writing a book with Shanahan, maintains Shanahan will not be taking the job with the Chiefs and is not considering it.

"They are not near a deal. They are not near a deal right now, they were not near a deal yesterday, they will not be near a deal tomorrow. Mike Shanahan will not be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs," Schefter told 9NEWS. "All the people in Denver can stop worrying or stop talking about it, it's not happening. I know there have been national reports to the other effect. I'm here to tell you just the opposite, it's not going to happen."

Schefter says he has spoken with Shanahan directly about it.

"I speak to Mike regularly, there has been nothing in his tone or in his message that has given me any indication that he will be the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. I know for a fact they've not had contact to this point. The Chiefs may in fact reach out to him in the coming days and even then I firmly believe it will not change anything," Schefter said.

The Broncos have hired new head coach and former New England Patriots offense coordinator Josh McDaniels to replace Shanahan.

When he was fired, Shanahan still had three years left on his contract, worth about $20 million.

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=108396&catid=345

orange crusher
01-23-2009, 08:14 PM
;D

Where did Bob go?

DenverBrit
01-23-2009, 08:17 PM
;D

Where did Bob go?

He's reporting to his new owners. Hilarious!

That and trying to convince the CP that he's not a welcher, never has been.

He's had better days. ;D

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I have PM'ed Taco asking him to ban Bob for a month. Bob said if Shanny isn't the head coach he will leave for a month. We all know he won't honor that statement. So I suggest everyone PM TJ and tell him to ban the flabby piece of ****.

socalorado
01-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I have PM'ed Taco asking him to ban Bob for a month. Bob said if Shanny isn't the head coach he will leave for a month. We all know he won't honor that statement. So I suggest everyone PM TJ and tell him to ban the flabby piece of ****.

Poor bobo. And whos this new @$$clown? KyleDyslexia?!?!?!/

Taco John
01-23-2009, 08:50 PM

I'm not going to ban him for being wrong. If he wants to try and reclaim some dignity, he can ban himself.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM

Hilarious! I'M easy to push around? Bob's got your number man.

Poor bobo. And whos this new @$$clown? KyleDyslexia?!?!?!/

Chiefsplanet user who came on here to see what the reaction was to the ESPN report earlier. Nothing more, nothing less. Only reason I posted anything was due to the fact of everyone bashing Mort prematurely. Mort had been right about all KC reportings so far this offseason, while Shefter missed on a big one. Just pointed that out, and then checked back to see how this thread goes.

jsco70
01-23-2009, 09:07 PM
It wouldnt be a calamity Isaac.

Shanny goes to the Chiefs, we can rest assured that they do no better than 9-7 for the next 15 years. No hall of fame QB on the Chief roster :)

KC does have the 3rd pick this year, right? Pretty good spot to pickup a franchise QB. Luckily, I don't believe there's one out there this year. It would have been pretty interesting had Tebow declared. You think Shanny could coach him up?

Taco John
01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
KC does have the 3rd pick this year, right? Pretty good spot to pickup a franchise QB. Luckily, I don't believe there's one out there this year. It would have been pretty interesting had Tebow declared. You think Shanny could coach him up?

Matt Stafford has all the measurables, a ton of upside, and has done nothing but improve every season he's played. I think the Chiefs will probably draft this guy regardless of who their coach is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183518

Simply Red
01-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I'll still refer to him that way. When we score, I'll say something like, 'good rat!'

that is, assuming the Chiefs hire him.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I'll still refer to him that way. When we score, I'll say something like, 'good rat!'

that is, assuming the Chiefs hire him.

Same here. Also, Matt Stafford has all the tools to be a special player in this league. I just hope that the Lions go with a LT or Sanchez.

To say that there is not a franchise QB in the draft and then say it would be interesting if Tim Tebow would have declared, takes away all credibility you would have had. Tebow might be one of the best college QB's ever, but as a pro he will have to change positions.

SoDak Bronco
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
lol at all the dumb chief fans...shanny said he would go where he could win superbowls, he doesn't do all that work/time to do anything but compete for the big prize. That should of told us all there was no way in hell he was going to KC!! hahahahahahahaha get this AZ dumbass gluck in the draft, don't let the golden boy pioli start off with a bust!!!!!

SoDak Bronco
01-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Same here. Also, Matt Stafford has all the tools to be a special player in this league. I just hope that the Lions go with a LT or Sanchez.

To say that there is not a franchise QB in the draft and then say it would be interesting if Tim Tebow would have declared, takes away all credibility you would have had. Tebow might be one of the best college QB's ever, but as a pro he will have to change positions.

i have heard he will get a good look at several teams to play QB, maybe not in a conventional role but QB nontheless

jsco70
01-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Ouch. I'm hurt to have lost credibility in your eyes. I was really striving for your approval to. Oh well. So I guess your answer would be no, Shanny couldn't coach up Tebow.

HEAV
01-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Yawn...

Let Shanny go where ever he wants. I don't care what he does. We have a new coach, a new staff and a new direction.

If and when this franchise faces off against Shanny I will take full joy in watching Shanny's ass get handed to him.

But again seems the board owner is more a Shanny fan than a BRONCOS fan.

It's over and done with people. Now we look to the future! While others want to grab onto our past and hope it works the same way in a different city.

The Dolphins,Jets,Cowboys, Saints,Redskins,Chiefs have tried to pull a past coach with Super Bowl success out of mini-retirementand what results did they see? A few good season's, a playoff appearance, but zero Super bowls.

Again next Sunday one of two second year coaches will win the Super Bowl.

So any team thinking to strike lighting with a past super bowl coach... goodluck.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Ouch. I'm hurt to have lost credibility in your eyes. I was really striving for your approval to. Oh well. So I guess your answer would be no, Shanny couldn't coach up Tebow.

Not at all, the only place Tebow might have a shot at a QB role would be NE that offense would give ALMOST any QB a chance to excel.

I'm sure there will be teams that give him a look at QB that will reach for him on draft day next year, but I still feel he will ultimately be moved from QB.

HEAV
01-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Not at all, the only place Tebow might have a shot at a QB role would be NE that offense would give ALMOST any QB a chance to excel.

I'm sure there will be teams that give him a look at QB that will reach for him on draft day next year, but I still feel he will ultimately be moved from QB.

Ya and that offense is now Denver's offense and Jay Cutler is the man going to run it with two young talented wideouts :thumbs: Add a serious running threat and it's over!Booya!

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Ya and that offense is now Denver's offense and Jay Cutler is the man going to run it with two young talented wideouts :thumbs: Add a serious running threat and it's over!Booya!

Throw in a suspect D, KC's ex-special team coach, the track record of NE assistant coach success away from NE, lossing Shanahan's cut blocking system(COULD make the line less effective), and the fact that Ed Hochuli will not be reffing every game. All that leads to a :nutkick "not so fast my friend"

HEAV
01-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Throw in a suspect D, KC's ex-special team coach, the track record of NE assistant coach success away from NE, lossing Shanahan's cut blocking system(COULD make the line less effective), and the fact that Ed Hochuli will not be reffing every game. All that leads to a :nutkick "not so fast my friend"

Well new scheme,draft and money can and will fix the defense.

The track record in the NFL of former NE assistants in limited to Defensive coaches and the lone offensive mind has a limited talent pool at ND to work with...

As far as the blocking scheme McDaniels has retained both line coach and running back coach (meaning the cut blocks will continue bitch!)

Ed Hochuli only ref errrr won one game for us...

Lingerrr Longer chef head!

ohiobronco2
01-23-2009, 10:11 PM
ohio you are a dumbass.

If we lose to KC, like we do once a year most years ANYWAY, it changes nothing. KC was a **** team this year and we still got our asses kicked in Narrowhead.

I'd suspect you'd know how to spot a dumbass better than most. Congrats on pointing out that we typically lose to KC once a year. That's really ground breaking material you're bringing. I'm a Bronco fan first and a Shanahan fan 2nd. I'm just saying I'd love to see the tears stream down the faces of those who called for the head of a hall of fame coach. A man who helped bring us 2 Super Bowl trophies. Sure, I like the personel that McDaniels has put in place. We shall see what follows. BTW, as much as I dislike K.C., dismissing Herm alone makes them much less sh*tty. They seem to have some young talent on their O and D lines. Next move should be to cut that cancerous RB.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Well new scheme,draft and money can and will fix the defense.

The track record in the NFL of former NE assistants in limited to Defensive coaches and the lone offensive mind has a limited talent pool at ND to work with...

As far as the blocking scheme McDaniels has retained both line coach and running back coach (meaning the cut blocks will continue b****!)

Ed Hochuli only ref errrr won one game for us...

Lingerrr Longer chef head!

Denver's offense should continue to be good, I still have doubts about their D. Who is going to bring in the talent from the draft and free agency to fix it? As a Chiefs fan, I'm just happy that Taylor Mays is staying in school and off your roster.

Banana Pants
01-23-2009, 11:12 PM
You guys can have him. Sure your offense will be kick ass but the rest of the team will suffer. Hope he hires slovik as the d-coordinator, lmao.

Or Romeo Crennel.

Taco John
01-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Who is going to bring in the talent from the draft and free agency to fix it?

The same guy who just assembled our offense...

JPPT1974
01-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Praying that, the new Denver Broncos coaching staff.
Can bring back the glory days, of like Elway.
Now with, Cutler!

01-23-2009, 11:21 PM

He's going to be coaching the Chiefs, sorry.

Taco John
01-23-2009, 11:24 PM

Goodman isn't going to be coaching the Chiefs...

Rock Chalk
01-23-2009, 11:28 PM

LOL.

That awesome 16th ranked scoring offense.

And Goodman's track record on teh defensive side and FA acquisitions on that side of the ball is just as pathetic as Shanahan.

Color me unimpressed.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 11:39 PM
LOL.

And Goodman's track record on teh defensive side and FA acquisitions on that side of the ball is just as pathetic as Shanahan.

Color me unimpressed.

I have to agree with this.

TheDave
01-23-2009, 11:42 PM
LOL.

Color me unimpressed.

With 7 or 8 RB's on IR, and an entire offense built out of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players... hell i was VERY impressed.

Natedog24
01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't know how Goodman is at building a defense because outside of the 07 draft we really haven't put much effort into rebuilding the defense. The focus has largely been on offense and I'm not sure he could have done a better job at rebuilding that. So it will be interesting to see what happens in the draft when we likely target a lot of defensive players. I know we wiffed in 07 but how much of that was Bates in comparison to Goodman, Jarvis Moss looked like a pretty good fit for his defense at the time.

KyleDelexus
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
With 7 or 8 RB's on IR, and an entire offense built out of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players... hell i was VERY impressed.

Come on, everyone knows just about any RB put into that system will do alright.

TheDave
01-24-2009, 12:02 AM

Yeah it's a good system... It's not good enough to make your 8th or 9th string runner worth a damn. Add to that the constant changes in personel and running styles (not to mention different players strengths and weaknesses) kills any hope for continuity.

Health was the only problem our offense had this year.

cutthemdown
01-24-2009, 12:07 AM

Broncos need better then alright. They have done decent in YPC and overall yrdage but with better RBS the rushing tds and big plays from running game will improve.

AbileneBroncoFan
01-24-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm sorry. If he wants to go to KC then that's his perrogative. My loyalty remains with the Denver Broncos. I'll even vote for him...14 weeks out of the year. But those other 2 weeks I'll want to beat his ass down. I'm a big Clinton Portis fan, but when we traded him, I still supported the Broncos 1st (my dad's a huge Skins fan, so I still watch plenty of CP). If you are one of those that is worried about how Shanahan is going to do to us what he did to the Raiders, that we shouldn't have moved in a new direction, fine. Leave this board, and go create the MikeShanahanfanclub.com message board. I'm sure a lot of you are the same ones who think we never should've gotten rid of Jake Plummer. I rooted for him 100% when he played, but I think it's safe to say we're just fine without him (well, we're better off actually, but we didn't know that for sure when we drafted Cutler). This is a Denver Broncos fan club, and the Denver Broncos have my loyalty first and foremost. Period.

DomCasual
01-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Hilarious! I'M easy to push around? Bob's got your number man.

Chiefsplanet user who came on here to see what the reaction was to the ESPN report earlier. Nothing more, nothing less. Only reason I posted anything was due to the fact of everyone bashing Mort prematurely. Mort had been right about all KC reportings so far this offseason, while Shefter missed on a big one. Just pointed that out, and then checked back to see how this thread goes.

It was all done online, too. It was a premature e-bashulation.

I'll be in town all week. You've been a great crowd.

24champ
01-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Schefter: Shanahan is not taking Chief's job

KANSAS CITY - Mike Shanahan may not have a new job after all. After reports surfaced the former Denver Broncos head coach was close to taking the top job with the Kansas City Chiefs, those reporting that have backtracked.
Advertisement
Quantcast

ESPN now reports only that the Chiefs are targeting Shanahan for their head coaching job after the team fired Herm Edwards on Friday. Initially, ESPN reported that a deal was near between the Chiefs and Shanahan.

Edwards was fired after going 15-34 in three seasons. He still had one year left in his original four-year, $12 million contract.

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter, who recently finished writing a book with Shanahan, maintains Shanahan will not be taking the job with the Chiefs and is not considering it.

"They are not near a deal. They are not near a deal right now, they were not near a deal yesterday, they will not be near a deal tomorrow. Mike Shanahan will not be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs," Schefter told 9NEWS. "All the people in Denver can stop worrying or stop talking about it, it's not happening. I know there have been national reports to the other effect. I'm here to tell you just the opposite, it's not going to happen."

Schefter says he has spoken with Shanahan directly about it.

"I speak to Mike regularly, there has been nothing in his tone or in his message that has given me any indication that he will be the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. I know for a fact they've not had contact to this point. The Chiefs may in fact reach out to him in the coming days and even then I firmly believe it will not change anything," Schefter said.

The Broncos have hired new head coach and former New England Patriots offense coordinator Josh McDaniels to replace Shanahan.

When he was fired, Shanahan still had three years left on his contract, worth about $20 million.

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=108396&catid=345

Schefter> Bob's gaypaint Illustrated.

Florida_Bronco
01-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Schefter> Bob's gaypaint Illustrated.

He totally got made a fool of this one. This is an epic failure, even by Bobo's standards.

KyleDelexus
01-24-2009, 01:05 AM
It was all done online, too. It was a premature e-bashulation.

I'll be in town all week. You've been a great crowd.

Long fly ball hit by DomCasual...back goes Griffey looking up...AND IT'S OUTTA HERE!!! Or is it? No it's off the wall...my mistake...

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! BE MORE FUNNY!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2qg6AkhIYVs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2qg6AkhIYVs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

24champ
01-24-2009, 01:24 AM
He totally got made a fool of this one. This is an epic failure, even by Bobo's standards.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/fail_dogs.jpg

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-24-2009, 02:29 AM
LOL WTF that pic now ranks no 1 in my epic fail book thanks for diggin thru the net and finding that my mind is now blown

Popcorn Sutton
01-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Shanahan laughs off coaching rumors (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/26/shanahan-laughs-off-coaching-rumors/)

Posted: January 26th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/kansas-city-chiefs/), Mike Shanahan (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/mike-shanahan/)

(http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/mike-shanahan/)
Late Friday afternoon, when multiple reports surfaced that Kansas City and Mike Shanahan were close to a deal that would make him the next head coach of the Chiefs, the former Broncos coach could not be found. He was missing for a brief time, his cell phone going directly to voice mail.

Shanahan quickly found out the fuss he indirectly and unknowingly had created. When he walked off the golf course and into the clubhouse after shooting 18, multiple golfers asked Shanahan if it were true he was closing in on a deal with the Chiefs.

Shanahan laughed. He had heard the rumors since Thursday morning, when members of his former coaching staff began calling to ask him if it were true that he was going to Kansas City.

As he told the people in the golf clubhouse, there was nothing new Friday that hadn’t been true on Thursday. He had not had any contact with the Chiefs, didn’t plan to have any contact with the Chiefs, and would not be coaching the Chiefs.

In other words, he would have more time to play golf.

HEAV
01-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Shanahan laughs off coaching rumors (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/26/shanahan-laughs-off-coaching-rumors/)

Posted: January 26th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/kansas-city-chiefs/), Mike Shanahan (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/mike-shanahan/)

Late Friday afternoon, when multiple reports surfaced that Kansas City and Mike Shanahan were close to a deal that would make him the next head coach of the Chiefs, the former Broncos coach could not be found. He was missing for a brief time, his cell phone going directly to voice mail.

Shanahan quickly found out the fuss he indirectly and unknowingly had created. When he walked off the golf course and into the clubhouse after shooting 18, multiple golfers asked Shanahan if it were true he was closing in on a deal with the Chiefs.

Shanahan laughed. He had heard the rumors since Thursday morning, when members of his former coaching staff began calling to ask him if it were true that he was going to Kansas City.

As he told the people in the golf clubhouse, there was nothing new Friday that hadnít been true on Thursday. He had not had any contact with the Chiefs, didnít plan to have any contact with the Chiefs, and would not be coaching the Chiefs.

B]Thursday morning, when members of his former coaching staff began calling to ask him if it were true that he was going to Kansas City.[/B]

More like looking for a gig in 2009.

Florida_Bronco
01-26-2009, 12:08 PM

As he told the people in the golf clubhouse, there was nothing new Friday that hadnít been true on Thursday. He had not had any contact with the Chiefs, didnít plan to have any contact with the Chiefs, and would not be coaching the Chiefs.

I can't wait to hear Bobo's take on this.

theAPAOps5
01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Bob will try to spin something to save fat.

24champ
01-26-2009, 12:21 PM

Bobo is full of shiat...but what else is new?

Kaylore
01-26-2009, 12:33 PM

cotton candy

bronco militia
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I thought this was all cleared up on Thursday and Friday?

Peoples Champ
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I knew he wouldnt coach that garbage franchise

SouthStndJunkie
01-26-2009, 01:35 PM
I think it's funny how when it's all said and done, Shanny will not be the coach in Kansas City and there will be no way for Bob to take back the incredible one-man blow bang he gave Shanny thinking he was going to Kansas City for sure.

MechanicalBull
01-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I read that yahoo story earlier today and then went to see if espn had posted it as well. I don't see it anywhere on there site unless it's buried somewhere I haven't looked.

This is why I can't stand espn and their crappy version of journalism. Mort was totally dead wrong on this story and then they don't even report on it afterwards or they steal other peoples work and make it look like their own by saying "Our own (insert name here) reports."

01-26-2009, 03:15 PM
I think it's funny how when it's all said and done, Shanny will not be the coach in Kansas City and there will be no way for Bob to take back the incredible one-man blow bang he gave Shanny thinking he was going to Kansas City for sure.

Why would I want to?

Mike Shanahan is an incredible head coach.

Los Broncos
01-26-2009, 03:16 PM

:rofl: :rofl: Awesome...

Florida_Bronco
01-26-2009, 03:25 PM
So Bobo, when are you leaving?

24champ
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Bobo's outfit aka WPI is in damage control on one of the radio stations back in MO.

Schefter is on with Petro and said that on the Friday that the Shanahan rumors broke, Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan emailed Schefter's network, and the email, in all caps, said, THE DEAL IS DONE.

Laughter followed.

Update:

According to Petro, Athan called 810 and said Schefter was not providing a fair representation of the email exchange.

Said Schefter was linking Nick with Mort. Not really how it worked. Nick sent an email to Adam saying it was Shanahan because of reports on ESPN and then sent later emails when he (Athan) was hearing other things.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201290

TheDave
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Bobo's outfit aka WPI is in damage control on one of the radio stations back in MO.

It's funny to watch boob in damage control...

non-issue... nothing to see here...

BroncoBuff
01-28-2009, 04:05 PM

"to try to save fat." ROFL!

bronclvr
01-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Look closer-are you sure it's a fail?

La Caspa Del Diablo
01-28-2009, 04:31 PM

They don't call him the "Information Minister" for nothing.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1214/intro1hz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

24champ
01-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I went back to check on the thread, and they are piling on big time.Ha!

Talk about embarrassment. Those fan-boys at WPI Nick Athan and Clayton Wendler are nothing but a bunch of ****ing frauds.

Taco John
01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I went back to check on the thread, and they are piling on big time.Ha!

Talk about embarrassment. Those fan-boys at WPI Nick Athan and Clayton Wendler are nothing but a bunch of ****ing frauds.

I'm convinced that a fan can fairly cover the team. He has to have a certain level of detachment - and that's the problem with what's going on at WPI. They seem to be a bunch of fanbois over there, and when Wendler finds any tidbit, he goes running out like the fat kid who just bought the last chocolate bar at summer camp and wants to show everyone and gloat that he's got it.

I can relate a bit, because I've been in possession of little morsels of my own in the past, but rather than coming out and demanding to everyone that what I say is absolutely going to pass, I reported it as I got it - a tip that may or may not mean anything, take it for what it's worth.

Wendler was going around telling people to sit back and relax - it's practically a done deal. And then he acts shocked when his antics end up reflecting on his buddy Athen, who everybody knows he's getting his tips from.

01-28-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm convinced that a fan can fairly cover the team. He has to have a certain level of detachment - and that's the problem with what's going on at WPI. They seem to be a bunch of fanbois over there, and when Wendler finds any tidbit, he goes running out like the fat kid who just bought the last chocolate bar at summer camp and wants to show everyone and gloat that he's got it.

I can relate a bit, because I've been in possession of little morsels of my own in the past, but rather than coming out and demanding to everyone that what I say is absolutely going to pass, I reported it as I got it - a tip that may or may not mean anything, take it for what it's worth.

Wendler was going around telling people to sit back and relax - it's practically a done deal. And then he acts shocked when his antics end up reflecting on his buddy Athen, who everybody knows he's getting his tips from.

You really don't understand what's going on.

It's only been my opinion the entire time. It's not based on anything we ever reported.

Keep running your mouth, though. Hope it makes you feel better.

BroncoBuff
01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
You should be respectful to Taco John, Bob ... he's saved your life countless times.

Florida_Bronco
01-28-2009, 11:56 PM
You should be respectful to Taco John, Bob ... he's saved your life countless times.

It'll never happen. Bobo is a lost cause.

I did get a great laugh out of the thread on Crap Planet though. He got demolished (again) over there.

Florida_Bronco
01-29-2009, 12:03 AM
WPI should be changed from War Paint Illustrated to...

We Print Inaccuracies

:spit: Ha! ROFL!

Killericon
01-29-2009, 12:05 AM

I did get a great laugh out of the thread on Crap Planet though. He got demolished (again) over there.

THIS IS NOT A REPORT:

Bob's your Information Minister continues to make assertions and spread rumours, mocking those who doubt him. Then, when he is proved wrong, he backs up, pulls the "I never said EXACTLY THAT" card, and pretends it never happened.

It's a shame, Bob. You really could be a fantastic presence on this board if you had any accountability whatsoever.

24champ
01-29-2009, 12:13 AM
It's only been my opinion the entire time. It's not based on anything we ever reported.

You and Nick Athan were running around emailing/ posting that is a done deal....and that's an opinion?:rofl:

Credible source is a judgment call. But now we have Warpaint Illustrated reporting it (go ahead and get your snipes in, you know you want to), and we have Kansas City radio reporting it. Plus, it was all over Denver radio last week, but that was more of a rumor I believe. Either way it's looking more and more likely by the day.

Anyway, the Haley thing was PURE speculation. No source was used at all. The Shanny thing is completely different.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2262628&postcount=58

There is a distinct difference between Haley's name being thrown out by Cris Collinsworth and what has been going on with Shanahan.

:rofl:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2262638&postcount=65

You fail to understand the difference.

Collinsworth wasn't reporting anything. He was just talking out of his ass.

Harry had a source. There was no opinion involved.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2262667&postcount=77

We all know where Jack Harry got his source, and that was from Nick "the erroneous one" Athan.

I'll sign off the Mane for a month if Shanahan isn't the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2262670&postcount=79

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2265190&postcount=3

Schefter is being played as part of negotiations.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2265190&postcount=14

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2265728&postcount=138

Come on. Everyone knows Mike Shanahan is going to be the next Chiefs' head coach. It's practically written in stone at this point. Just stop with these delusions.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2255720&postcount=8

I'm not. I've known that Shanahan was interested in the KC job for almost 2 weeks now.

Of course none of you paid attention to it then. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75847&highlight=Larry+Johnson)

Now that's leaking out there to a greater audience I thought I'd bounce it off you guys again and see how you're dealing with it.

That may not be a problem in Kansas City. Per an NFL source, Shanahan has made it known through ďthird-party channelsĒ that heís interested in the Chiefsí job but would not require total control of football operations as he did in Denver. Can you imagine the perfect pairing of Shanahan and a general manager who could pluck the right defensive talent from the draft, while assisting in the search for the right defensive coordinator?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2235088&postcount=1

"Third party" channels bob? :rofl:

You came off telling everyone that you had a scoop but I knew better. I knew that you and Nick Athan (The new ambiguously gay duo) were fabricating all this garbage and then Jack Harry buys into it and reports it. You guys spend more time trying to get a scoop than anything else. Your outfit is a ****ing fraud and nothing more than a couple of fanboys fabricating rumors.

Florida_Bronco
01-29-2009, 12:16 AM
You and Nick Athan were running around emailing/ posting that is a done deal....and that's an opinion?:rofl:

We all know where Jack Harry got his source, and that was from Nick "the erroneous one" Athan.

You came off telling everyone that you had a scoop but I knew better. I knew that you and Nick Athan (The new ambiguously gay duo) were fabricating all this garbage and then Jack Harry buys into it and reports it. You guys spend more time trying to get a scoop than anything else. Your outfit is a ****ing fraud and nothing more than a couple of fanboys fabricating rumors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/neurorac/PumpkinFatality.jpg

Taco John
01-29-2009, 12:33 AM
You really don't understand what's going on.

Keep running your mouth, though. Hope it makes you feel better.

:pity:

I'm not going to argue with you.

Nick nailed this stuff. From beginning to end. No one else was close.

This pretty much sums it up:

http://i44.tinypic.com/24bm9v4.gif

Some more news has come out on the Shanahan deal (I suspect it too will come out eventually), but nothing that I'm basing my personal opinion of the situation off of. It's completely based on the last three weeks and yesterday's firestorm.

To make what fly?

Three weeks ago we leaked the news that Shanahan and the Chiefs had third-party contact and he was interested in the job.

Most of you ignored it. Apparently it had merit. Personally I never doubted it was true.

Anyway, this isn't about me. But I do feel like a million bucks. :D

http://i42.tinypic.com/122nu9z.gif

You were pumping Athan and WPI. You shouldn't be suprised that people are taking it out on yourself, Athan, and WPI.

24champ
01-29-2009, 12:47 AM
:pity:

You were pumping Athan and WPI. You shouldn't be suprised that people are taking it out on yourself, Athan, and WPI.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm296/macrosgalore/animapplausems3.gif

01-29-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll sign off the Mane for a month if Shanahan isn't the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I stand by this. We'll see who our next head coach is. Right now, it could be anyone.

TheDave
01-29-2009, 08:46 PM
I stand by this. We'll see who our next head coach is. Right now, it could be anyone.
[/I]

Amen...

It's only 30 days, but it's better than nothing.

Dagmar
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
[/I]

To spend more time with your new girlfriend?

Bronx33
01-29-2009, 08:49 PM

Wow it don't get no better than this bob should walk with a limp the rest of his life..

azbroncfan
01-29-2009, 09:29 PM
I think it is pretty much a done deal that T. Haley is there next coach and they are waiting til after the SB. Old Parcells assistant and the Pioli/Parcells connection=a done deal. Why else would they be waiting too?

24champ
01-29-2009, 09:35 PM
[/I]

...But I thought your boyfriend Athan said it was a DONE DEAL!!! :spit:

azbroncfan
01-29-2009, 10:09 PM

He is getting torn a new A##HOLE over there and it is very funny. Guy is backpeddling worse than anyone I've ever seen.

La Caspa Del Diablo
01-29-2009, 10:14 PM
[/I]

I bet you my Broncos season tickets on your Chiefs season tickets that Shanahan won't be KC's coach.

24champ
01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I bet you my Broncos season tickets on your Chiefs season tickets that Shanahan won't be KC's coach.

He's a welcher and a fraud. Don't waste your time on that POS.

01-29-2009, 11:07 PM

Nope.

BroncoDoug
01-29-2009, 11:11 PM
I say when he 'signs' off for 30 days we all pack up and secretly move to another site, so he comes back to nothing!!!

Florida_Bronco
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM

That's what he said in the email to Schefter. :giggle:

24champ
01-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Nope.

I'm not going to argue with you.

Nick nailed this stuff. From beginning to end. No one else was close.

Ha!

Funny watching you frauds attempt to sweep this under the rug.

DHallblows
01-30-2009, 01:02 AM

He's a welcher and a fraud. Don't waste your time on that POS.

Not to mention you should put even odds on the bet...you wouldn't even WANT the spoils of Bobo's loss

La Caspa Del Diablo
01-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Not to mention you should put even odds on the bet...you wouldn't even WANT the spoils of Bobo's loss

When you consider 1. Shanahan is not going there and 2. Bobo has the field, it's actually a fairly even bet.

I'm not trying to make a buck. Having Chiefs season tickets is like having an old smelly couch with beer stains the Salvation Army won't take.

I will give the tickets away to underprivledged children in KC area hosptials and orphanages.

Beano Cook's response would be to me, "haven't they suffered enough?"

BroncoBuff
01-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Nope.

Bob, you said it was a done deal ... a slam dunk. You said that you had "a source," while Collinsworth was just "talking out his ass."

You're on the hook for this one, Bob, you called your shot. Don't pull back now.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Amen...

It's only 30 days, but it's better than nothing.

He won't honor it.

Br0nc0Buster
01-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I think it is pretty much a done deal that T. Haley is there next coach and they are waiting til after the SB. Old Parcells assistant and the Pioli/Parcells connection=a done deal. Why else would they be waiting too?

THE DEAL IS DONE!

watermock
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
In all fairness, wasn't Mort all over this too?

Certainly he looks more foolish than bobo.

01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Bob, you said it was a done deal ... a slam dunk. You said that you had "a source," while Collinsworth was just "talking out his ass."

You're on the hook for this one, Bob, you called your shot. Don't pull back now.

Collinsworth was definitely talking out his ass.

Shanahan was closer to being Chiefs coach than Haley will ever be.

theAPAOps5
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM

And you will be wrong YET again.

azbroncfan
01-30-2009, 07:10 PM

You have proved time and time again that you have no football knowledge or inside info and throw sH%t on the wall and hopes it sticks. No wonder noone respects you here or on your home turf CP. Just read your Chef flip flopping, fluffer articles and you can see what a wannabe you are. Shanahan was never close to a KC head coach and laughed at the notion.

BroncoBuff
01-30-2009, 07:31 PM
That's a bold statement ...seeing that Shanahan never spoke to anybody there.

24champ
01-30-2009, 07:38 PM
That's a bold statement ...seeing that Shanahan never spoke to anybody there.

Ha! but Shanny spoke through "third party channels" buff!

theAPAOps5
01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Well I have a great deal more inside information than Flabs and I have a feeling Haley is way closer to the KC HC job then flabs thinks.

The problem is he is viewed as joke as is his e-rag. So no one takes him seriously.

azbroncfan
01-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Well I have a great deal more inside information than Flabs and I have a feeling Haley is way closer to the KC HC job then flabs thinks.

The problem is he is viewed as joke as is his e-rag. So no one takes him seriously.

I agree and believe that is why they are waiting til after the superbowl. In the meantime Blubber boy can eat some more pancakes at IHOP and listen for rumors floating around the joint.

Florida_Bronco
01-30-2009, 09:24 PM

Again, let me point out that I exposed him being an outright liar about his "inside sources."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3510926&postcount=35

bronco610
01-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Now Florida stop picking on the fat,.... stupid,........ugly, kid!

Florida_Bronco
01-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Now Florida stop picking on the fat,.... stupid,........ugly, kid!

Unfortunately he won't spar with me anymore. He got tired of me giving him regular beatdowns so he put me on ignore, but I can still trash his credibility.

Br0nc0Buster
01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately he won't spar with me anymore. He got tired of me giving him regular beatdowns so he put me on ignore, but I can still trash his credibility.

How can you trash his credibility when he never had any in the first place?

It reminds me of that World of Warcraft Southpark episode.
"how can you kill that which has no life?"

Florida_Bronco
01-30-2009, 10:26 PM
How can you trash his credibility when he never had any in the first place?

It reminds me of that World of Warcraft Southpark episode.
"how can you kill that which has no life?"

Good point. I guess the correct wording would be "making sure he doesn't (falsely) gain any credibility."

24champ
01-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Again, let me point out that I exposed him being an outright liar about his "inside sources."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3510926&postcount=35

Seems to me there is unlimited evidence pointing to Bob as a fanboy/hack/fraud...

Florida_Bronco
01-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Seems to me there is unlimited evidence pointing to Bob as a fanboy/hack/fraud...

Plagiarizer as well.

BroncoBuff
01-31-2009, 12:32 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3510926&postcount=35Unfortunately he won't spar with me anymore. He got tired of me giving him regular beatdowns so he put me on ignore, but I can still trash his credibility.Good point. I guess the correct wording would be "making sure he doesn't (falsely) gain any credibility."Plagiarizer as well.

Interesting posts, Florida.

24champ
01-31-2009, 12:33 AM
Plagiarizer as well.

:thanku:

How could I forget.

BroncoBuff
01-31-2009, 12:35 AM
:thanku:

How could I forget.

I must've missed Bob the Plagiarizer ... what happened there? ???

Florida_Bronco
01-31-2009, 12:42 AM
I must've missed Bob the Plagiarizer ... what happened there? ???

I don't remember the exact thread, but Wabbit had dug up a bunch of Bobo's stuff and shown how it was plagiarized. I think it was during the 2007 offseason.