per espn

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-23-2009, 02:01 PM

Rabb
01-23-2009, 02:02 PM
enter, Shanny

LonghornBronco
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I think they will hire one of Bill's castoffs, I'll say Romeo.

BroncoBuff
01-23-2009, 02:04 PM
enter, Shanny

Maybe ... it's too soon to have to fire Herm if they're going with Haley. Haley's a minimum 10 days away.

TDmvp
01-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I think they will hire one of Bill's castoffs, I'll say Romeo.

??? Bills cast offs ? I thought he was a Pat cast off ...

Taco John
That's the wierdest damn thing I've ever seen when it came to a firing decision. Why in the world did it take the team so long to can this guy. Why would they wait until the market for new coaches was practically dried up before deciding to can their coach?

I don't get that franchise.

clint7
"You play to win the game!"

(and get fired if you don't much)

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
per espn

DAMN IT! KHAAAAAAAAAN!

Rabb
01-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Maybe ... it's too soon to have to fire Herm if they're going with Haley. Haley's a minimum 10 days away.

I was all about discounting the Shanny rumors, and still think Haley is the guy.

They need to satisfy the interview processes still right?

Might fit in line with the SB

TDmvp
01-23-2009, 02:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917

bronco militia
damn...there goes my coaching update thread

;D

BuckinKaeding
That's the wierdest damn thing I've ever seen when it came to a firing decision. Why in the world did it take the team so long to can this guy. Why would they wait until the market for new coaches was practically dried up before deciding to can their coach?

They saw how well it worked for the Chargers when they fired Marty and brought on Norv.

2 straight AFC West Championships after that.

TDmvp
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
They saw how well it worked for the Chargers when they fired Marty and brought on Norv.

And no where closer to a Super Bowl then you was when you was 14-2 ...
AFC title games or not ...

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Edwards fired by Chiefs

KANSAS CITY -- Chiefs coach Herm Edwards was fired Friday, a well-placed source told ESPN.

that's all there is...

LOL...... it could be garcia bronco again

bowtown
01-23-2009, 02:15 PM

And then sputtering and dying in the playoffs. Please explain to me how the results were any different, other than the fact that SD had to basically claw, fight, and back their way to the top under Norv, where as under Marty, they just went out and took it?

loborugger
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!

Karenin
01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Great use of that draft pick, KC. And to add insult to injury, the draft pick they gave up for the "right" to hire Herm turned into Leon Washington, and all-pro and pro-bowler this year.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Lets hire Herm and give him the title of "Assistant to the Assistant Coach".

Karenin
01-23-2009, 02:19 PM

Dear god I hope the incompetent ownership of the Chargers sees it that way.

I mean, who cares about winning 14 games with Marty, when Norv will get you 8 wins and you can sneak into the playoffs on a technicality!

bowtown
01-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Merry Christmas, Bob. Go brush your teeth. You are getting a shiney new cock to chug.

Cochise
01-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Now I know how Parisians felt in '44 when the Americans arrived.

BuckinKaeding
01-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't get why everyone is taking my last post like I was serious.

It was a joke.

I hate Norv. I hate AJ Smith.

I'm on the brink of switching alliances to the Chiefs.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Would you fire a black coach on MLK Day or around the Inauguration?

elsid13
01-23-2009, 02:27 PM
In other news the Chefs have contacted New England Patriots to seek an interview with Josh McDanials and NY Giants to talk to Defense Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. Sources within the Chefs organization believe both candidate swould be excited to coach in KC due the airport and free ketchup BBQ sauce.

gunns

It was a joke.

You're a Charger fan. Don't compound stupidty........

broncos-rock

I understand that but they had plenty of time before mlk day and inauguration to take care of it.

Los Broncos
01-23-2009, 02:28 PM
"This is something I can build off of "

MechanicalBull
Maybe they talked to Gruden or work out of NY is that Brian Schottenheimer might be on his way out of the Jets now.

Karenin

It was a joke.

It's hard to tell sometimes, considering most of the other Chargers' fans/trolls on here sincerely prefer Norv to Marty because Marty's a "choker" and Norv "wins the big games."

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
i really, really hope they hire shanahan. great drama for years to come!

_Oro_
01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Okay so obviously everyone wandered what the Chiefs were thinking when they hired a .500 coach with the Jets to rebuild their franchise. Like everyone thought was going to happen Herm subsequently went with about a .300 winning pct with the Chiefs. This is a little bit random but Cleveland just hired Mangini, a .500 coach with the Jets and I'm going to go ahead and guess he'll also drop down to a .300 coach. So what's the point of this rambling post? Why do teams hire coaches with a .500 (or less) track record? (I guess we can throw Norv into this too since his hiring was worse than Herm and Mangini's)

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
i really, really hope they hire shanahan. great drama for years to come!

Are you kidding me? If that happens, I will be completely confused and hurt as a fan. I may adopt a NFC team because it would be too painful to endure that scenario.

kcxiv
01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
well ESPN saying its Shanahan. wow.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-23-2009, 02:34 PM
ESPN NEWS: Shanahan to KC
<hr style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Per the ticker...

Kansas City near deal with Mike Shanahan to be Chiefs HC.

Karenin
01-23-2009, 02:35 PM
well ESPN saying its Shanahan. wow.

link? It doesn't say that anywhere on the front page.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-23-2009, 02:35 PM
From the ESPN wire:

ESPN has learned that the Kansas City Chiefs have fired head coach Herm Edwards according to a well placed source.

Additionally ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports that the Chiefs have been in negotiations to land Mike Shanahan as their next coach and a deal is near, according to league sources.

Killericon
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
*Jaw Drops*

kcxiv
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
link? It doesn't say that anywhere on the front page.

ITs on the espn news ticker. Need to turn on a tv if you are close to one.

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
When Schefter says it I will believe it. :)

Taco John
01-23-2009, 02:38 PM

Schefter's credibility on the subeject isn't exactly rock solid at this point if indeed the Chiefs are near signing a deal with him, as Mort says...

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 02:39 PM
YES!!!! whoooo hire shanahan!!!!!

Taco John
Adam Schefter, NFL Network

Kansas City's coaching search has me baffled, and I hate being baffled. I think it would have been Josh McDaniels if he didn't take Denver's job. It would have been Kirk Ferentz if he were willing to leave Iowa. And now it could be Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey or maybe even Herm himself, as hard as that is to believe. But they have been on information lockdown in KC. Everyone's trying to crack the code.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/102

Karenin
ITs on the espn news ticker. Need to turn on a tv if you are close to one.

Yea, they just put it on the website.

Shanahan is going to destroy his legacy and probably his chances of the HOF with this move. No amount of good coaching can overcome the ineptitude at al other levels of that organization.

Hercules Rockefeller
Not gonna lie, I think that would be awesome. It would add so much more to these games as long as he's there. The new guy trying to finish building what Shanahan started, and Shanny trying to bring a franchise back into prominence.

kcxiv
01-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Yea, they just put it on the website.

Shanahan is going to destroy his legacy and probably his chances of the HOF with this move. No amount of good coaching can overcome the ineptitude at al other levels of that organization.

IF that makes you feel better, keep saying it. hah

munkey
01-23-2009, 02:41 PM

Schefter is a tool...

It's that a little obvious?

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Schefter said yesterday that shanahan will never coach the Chiefs. Pioli either has Shanny on lockdown or there is major speculation. Either way this is interesting.

01-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Schefter's a ****ing moron.

munkey
Schefter said yesterday that shanahan will never coach the Chiefs. Pioli either has Shanny on lockdown or there is major speculation. Either way this is interesting.

Schefter is a homer....Like Whitlock.

Karenin
IF that makes you feel better, keep saying it. hah

It makes me feel better than trolling opposing teams message boards, which is more than I can say for you.

01-23-2009, 02:45 PM
No amount of good coaching can overcome the ineptitude at al other levels of that organization.

Carl resigned. Hello?

SlipperyPete
01-23-2009, 02:46 PM
No amount of good coaching can overcome the ineptitude at al other levels of that organization.

Yeah. If there's anything Scott Pioli is known for, it's ineptitude.

munkey
01-23-2009, 02:48 PM

:kiddingme

TheReverend
01-23-2009, 02:48 PM

I may be off on my KC stereotypes, but aren't the only black people in town already on the Hunt family's payroll?

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I would rather endure three straight 0-16 Broncos seasons than see Shanahan with Kansas City.

kcxiv
01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
It makes me feel better than trolling opposing teams message boards, which is more than I can say for you.

Please tell me how i am trolling? yoru the one being a bitch about the situation not me. I never disrespected anyone on this forum. Thats not my style. I dont act like an ass on messageboards or in real life.

I just said that the Rat is coming to KC per ESPN. You are the one that got your panties up your ass. He's not going to destroy his legacy. No one can take away his 2 superbowl wins as a HC.

You need to stop trolling on your own teams website. I been registered here longer then you have.

Karenin
01-23-2009, 02:51 PM

durrrrrrrr

bowtown

Exactly, I'd really like to see ONE other source reporting this other than Chris Mortenson, who as far as I can tell has only said it's possible that they've had some talks.

crawdad
Adam Schefter was just on KOA, talking about the latest in the Shanahan saga.

According to Schefter, there's absolutely nothing at all credible about the
ESPN report about Shanahan. He had personally called Shanahan's agent and
others since hearing this new bit of news, and they all denied it (he said
that the agent actually laughed out loud when Schefter posed the question).

Karenin
01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Please tell me how i am trolling? yoru the one being a b**** about the situation not me. I never disrespected anyone on this forum. Thats not my style. I dont act like an ass on messageboards or in real life.

I just said that the Rat is coming to KC per ESPN. You are the one that got your panties up your ass. He's not going to destroy his legacy. No one can take away his 2 superbowl wins as a HC.

You need to stop trolling on your own teams website. I been registered here longer then you have.

Yea, you've been registered for 4 years and you have 12 posts. The other 10 probably came directly after KC wins over Denver. Hence, you are a troll and you are going on the ignore list just in case you ever decide to come out of whatever hole you crawled out of again. Buh bye.

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Dangit! Goodbye Herm. You deserve to go in the Broncos ring of fame.

UberBroncoMan
01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't mind Herm here as an assistant DB coach.

munkey
01-23-2009, 02:54 PM
I would rather endure three straight 0-16 Broncos seasons than see Shanahan with Kansas City.

:welcome:

:spit:

!Booya!

01-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I may be off on my KC stereotypes, but aren't the only black people in town already on the Hunt family's payroll?

No. KC has a huge black community. BBQ.

TheReverend
01-23-2009, 02:59 PM
No. KC has a huge black community. BBQ.

Fair enough.

He's not going to KC, bob. Because I said so.

munkey
01-23-2009, 03:01 PM

At least we will see just how "close" he is the bronco's if Mort is right.

Personally I think he's a tool BUT why would Mort report that when the "tool" has the inside "scoop"?

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Why is he a tool? He has broke almost every AFC West story right in recent history.

munkey
01-23-2009, 03:02 PM

At least we will see just how "close" he is to the bronco's if Mort is right.

Personally I think he's a tool BUT why would Mort report that when the "tool" has the inside "scoop"?

kcxiv
01-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Yea, you've been registered for 4 years and you have 12 posts. The other 10 probably came directly after KC wins over Denver. Hence, you are a troll and you are going on the ignore list just in case you ever decide to come out of whatever hole you crawled out of again. Buh bye.

Check my post history. I do not troll. Look here quite alot. I also, chec, the www.denverbroncos.com/forumes site as well. I also have an account at Raiderfans.net i do not post crap after wins. Thats NOT my style.

Again, i am sorry your the one thats so uptight.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=246289

there is my posts. Tell me what posts of mines were trolling?

Miss I.
01-23-2009, 03:04 PM
BTW here's the article on ESPN, but it still sounds speculative to me.

munkey
01-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Why is he a tool? He has broke almost every AFC West story right in recent history.

Like I said...We will see...

If Mort hadn't reported the opposite I'd say otherwise...

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 03:12 PM

They want to be last at everything it's called consistancy and consistancy has been the hunt family motto since Joseph and William hunt poured their first bottle of ketchup.

Tom A Hawk
01-23-2009, 03:14 PM

Shanny is a great choice.....I know that really chaps your ass:wave:

Miss I.
01-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Wait. Did you say Chief's fans enjoy wearing assless chaps?

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-23-2009, 03:17 PM
If Shanahan goes to the Chiefs...

I swear in the name of Jesus I will retaliate. Before my life is done, I will murder a Chiefs fan in cold blood.

Karenin
01-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Shanny is a great choice.....I know that really chaps your ass:wave:

Does it chap your ass that Shanahan isn't going to be the next head coach of KC because he thinks it's a piece of **** franchise? Or are you OK with that?

01-23-2009, 03:18 PM

I swear in the name of Jesus I will retaliate. Before my life is done, I will murder a Chiefs fan in cold blood.

ROFL!

This rivalry is going to be so awesome now. I'll get banned fo sho.

Tom A Hawk
01-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Does it chap your ass that Shanahan isn't going to be the next head coach of KC because he thinks it's a piece of **** franchise? Or are you OK with that?

makes no difference to me...he can be the coach if he accepts if an offer is made, he can also say no...no big deal.

Miss I.
01-23-2009, 03:21 PM

Oh shush, is that really murder? isn't it more like euthanasia, putting a poor sick thing out of it's misery. ;D
Just kidding i dont' condone harm in any way, particularly to a Chief's fan, it just seems like beating on a homeless person or something. Why kick someone who's down already.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Easy fella let's put it this way IF shanahan was to go to the cheaps our DC will have his work cut of for him for shanahans skills have deminished over the years and hes so stubborn i doubt he would change a thing in his program.

01-23-2009, 03:28 PM
shanahans skills have deminished over the years

ROFL!

Yeah?

What's his 40 time these days?

SoDak Bronco
01-23-2009, 03:30 PM
if they get shanny I will be pissed. But if he wants the sweetest revenge this is where he will get it.

Los Broncos
01-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Shanny to KC? wow, he would look funny on their sideline...

Paladin
Nah. You need to put the mullets into a zoo where the rest of the world can enjoy their primate antics.

Shanahan is taking a few months off to enjoy his new digs. Why would he want to go to KC? Now there are some great features about the City itself, at least on the Missouri side, but the house isn't there.

Isn't it interesting that Shanahan is greatly despised by the mullet fans here, but now that there is a rumor that he might coach in KC, he is one of the best coaches around? Here he was a rat. Now he is a great coach.

Go figure......

Bronx33
So you will understand bob, shanahans 40 is about 12.2 donuts

NFLBRONCO
Shanny being just HC I can't imagine his ego allowing it. I think it would be funny if this did happen.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I want in on this.

My people tell me it's going to be Paul Pasqualoni.

01-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Shanahan is taking a few months off to enjoy his new digs. Why would he want to go to KC?

He's gonna rape Pat Bowlen with his 15-inch dick with AIDS.

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I say give the dick a call

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7351/dick1yblq1.jpg

Miss I.
01-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I say give the dick a call

I like dick...oh wait, that's the wrong thread...damn, not again. :wiggle:

Paladin
01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Anyone feel sorry for sperm? What do you think are his chances of landing another job? Where?

Paladin
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM

I wouldn't touch that one with a 15" pole.....

Rohirrim
01-23-2009, 03:44 PM
I looked into the Palantir...

It will be Todd Haley. ;D

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 03:44 PM

:rofl: you're my kinda people to bad you're leaving the freaking country. :P

Simply Red
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM

Wow, that's mature. It is only football, ya know?

Miss I.
01-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't touch that one with a 15" pole.....

Dude, you have a 15" pole, we need to talk.:wiggle:

:rofl: you're my kinda people to bad you're leaving the freaking country. :P

Ah well eventually I had enough of Bobo. Actually I just thought I would go to England and mess with their footballers so to speak.

HILife
nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo

Karenin
ROFL!

Yeah?

What's his 40 time these days?

Out of curiousity, what's your 40 time? Infinity?

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM

16.8 dounts

Simply Red
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM

You better hope you're correct, I'm saving this.:welcome:

Bronx33
01-23-2009, 03:51 PM
You better hope you're correct, I'm saving this.:welcome:

Ya and why don't you change your name to simply dead to get ahead of the KC 09 NFL season.

broncocalijohn
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Maybe they talked to Gruden or work out of NY is that Brian Schottenheimer might be on his way out of the Jets now.

he is set to stay with the Jets.
With their president gone and now Edwards fired, KC is getting better. How? addition by subtraction.

Simply Red
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Ya and why don't you change your name to simply dead to get ahead of the KC 09 NFL season.

k,

01-23-2009, 03:53 PM

I actually timed myself a few weeks ago, out at the football field. I ran a 6.2.

elsid13
01-23-2009, 03:54 PM
It has more chance being Kyle Shanahan then does of being Mike Shanahan. Right now all of the people/assistants Shanahan needs are under contract with other teams, were he going to get his staff??? If Mike was coaching this year, he would have told the guys to stay loose he had a plan. But let ESPiN throw **** on the wall and see what doesn't happen.

Bronx33
No bob what was your 40 time after you woke up.

Tom A Hawk
aside from the fun we are all having I also doubt Shanny to KC.
He has to show interest or he loses out on $$$$$.
Bascially, KC is helping him continue to draw $20M from the donks

TDmvp
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM

http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=track&id=tra.1303245&remote=false&page=&pageregion=&guid=&from=&hasrhapx=false&__pcode=

That song somehow seemed on topic ...

Miss I.
01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=track&id=tra.1303245&remote=false&page=&pageregion=&guid=&from=&hasrhapx=false&__pcode=

That song somehow seemed on topic ...

That was hysterical. I went to see Revolutionary Road earlier so this helped lighten things up considerably. Thanks.:thumbs:

USMCBladerunner
01-23-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm not sure I've ever seen a forum status war when the collective post count of the combatants was less than 75. It's like Lichtenstein declaring war on the Vatican City. Thanks guys! :thumbs:

Taco John
01-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Bob's 40 time is 40 doughnuts in 6.2 seconds.

TDmvp
01-23-2009, 04:06 PM
That was hysterical. I went to see Revolutionary Road earlier so this helped lighten things up considerably. Thanks.:thumbs:

:clown:

DenverBroncosJM
01-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Umm dont they have to interview a minority candidate first? Or is irish considered a minority now?