PDA

View Full Version : Dan Reeves back in the NFL?

Bob's your Information Minister
01-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Interesting...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9125068/Sources:-49ers-to-interview-coaching-icon-Reeves

Sources: 49ers to interview coaching icon Reeves

The San Francisco 49ers could be turning to an oldie but a goodie to help bolster their offense.

The Niners have scheduled an interview with legendary coach Dan Reeves for their vacant offensive coordinator position, FOXSports.com has learned.

The 49ers were interviewing Ravens QB coach Hue Jackson on Friday. Reeves is scheduled to interview in the next 24 hours, multiple league sources said.

Reeves became the youngest head coach in league history when he took over as Broncos coach in 1981, making it to three Super Bowls during his 12-year tenure in Denver.

Reeves' next head coaching job was with the New York Giants. He was named Coach of the Year in his first season in New York, but the team faded quickly and he was fired after four seasons.

Reeves then coached the Falcons from 1997-2003, a tenure that included another Super Bowl appearance and another Coach of the Year award.

Reeves has been in broadcasting since leaving Atlanta, but is still well-respected in league circles.

Archer81
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Offensive coordinator? Say wha...

:Broncos:

vancejohnson82
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
wouldnt be a bad idea...although why wouldnt they stick with Singletary??

cut the guy some slack.....or tell him to keep his slacks on

whoops didnt read that it wasnt for head coach...my bad

DBBBSBS
01-23-2009, 11:08 AM
wouldnt be a bad idea...although why wouldnt they stick with Singletary??

cut the guy some slack.....or tell him to keep his slacks on

whoops didnt read that it wasnt for head coach...my bad

Singletary is the HC, Reeves will be interviewed for OC. Read it fully

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Reeves has been in broadcasting since leaving Atlanta, but is still well-respected in league circles.

he's really good and should be moved to TV.

B-Love
01-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Great for Dan, hope he gets it. He's a great football man and I would love to see him back on someone's sideline.

It would be pretty ironic if he got this gig with San Francisco. Dan was very close to the Nolan family and Dick Nolan, the old 49ers coach.

Dan also hired Mike Nolan and gave him his first professional football coaching position.

I know Mike Nolan loves Dan so I wonder if Mike called Singletary and asked him to give Dan a shot?

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I know Mike Nolan loves Dan so I wonder if Mike called Singletary and asked him to give Dan a shot?

where do you guys come up with this ****? dan is a big boy he can take care of himself, he doesnt need mike nolan to call and justify him getting an interview, singletary is very aware of dans accomplishments and qualifications, that alone is why he got the interview, not because the broncos DC asked him.

vancejohnson82
01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Singletary is the HC, Reeves will be interviewed for OC. Read it fully

thanks Mrs. CrabApple....my reading comprehension skills weren't on point for about 3 seconds....can I do something for extra credit??

backup qb
01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
run, run, run, run, oh snap! it's the 4th qtr go win in John, I mean Shawn, or oh crap we don't have a qb....

backup qb
01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Kidding. It would be kinda cool to see him get it.

B-Love
01-23-2009, 11:57 AM
where do you guys come up with this ****? dan is a big boy he can take care of himself, he doesnt need mike nolan to call and justify him getting an interview, singletary is very aware of dans accomplishments and qualifications, that alone is why he got the interview, not because the broncos DC asked him.

Naive schmuck.

"Putting in a good word" for someone was practically invented in NFL coaching circles.

Rock Chalk
01-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Naive schmuck.

"Putting in a good word" for someone was practically invented in NFL coaching circles.

Pretty sure people have been putting in a good word for others long before America was around much less the NFL.

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Naive schmuck.

so you think dan reeves needs a good word to be put in for him by, of all people, mike nolan? and you call me naive?

Taco John
01-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Singletary's "return to roots" experiement is going to be very interesting to watch. I hope he pulls it off.

If you've got Gore in your keeper league, this might be a good time to sell, using the Reeves news as an inflator. Gore will probably have a good season, but he's flirting with injury each passing season, diminishing his value.

Garcia Bronco
01-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Go Dan.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Reeves was brilliant as a color guy on Westwood One the last three seasons. His Southern drawl on the air was music to my ears.

It's great to see that he still has the energy and youthful spirit to coach.

Karenin
01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Naive schmuck.

Never quite understood why people pretend to know everything that goes on in the NFL behind closed doors. Is it because they can't stand the fact that they aren't actually in the NFL in any capacity, so they make up this fantasy world in which they have omnipotent knowledge of what happens in the NFL? You see a ton of it on this board.

gadlaw
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I love me some Dan Reeves. I listen to Sirius radio and am quite happy when he's on giving the analysis and he never fails to be polite and insightful. He's a high quality person and coach who has been overlooked in this youth movement that has come to the NFL of late. Well, either way it's good to hear the rumor (saw it on MSNBC's website) and of course I come right here to find out the real story. Thanks Bob.

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Never quite understood why people pretend to know everything that goes on in the NFL behind closed doors. Is it because they can't stand the fact that they aren't actually in the NFL in any capacity, so they make up this fantasy world in which they have omnipotent knowledge of what happens in the NFL? You see a ton of it on this board.

hahaha, ive been wondering that for a long, long time.

Chris
01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
What do you mean "return to the roots" strategy? Please elaborate

tsiguy96
01-23-2009, 07:27 PM
What do you mean "return to the roots" strategy? Please elaborate

think of the 85 bears. would line heads up with any player and they were gonna beat them. smashmouth football, make the other team pay for getting in front of you type of thing.

i think :thanku:

Atlas
01-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Great for Dan, hope he gets it. He's a great football man and I would love to see him back on someone's sideline.

It would be pretty ironic if he got this gig with San Francisco. Dan was very close to the Nolan family and Dick Nolan, the old 49ers coach.

Dan also hired Mike Nolan and gave him his first professional football coaching position.

I agree. I hope he does well.

Atlas
01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I think it would be great to see Kubes, Shanny and Reeves all out there coaching.

ShutDownPoster
01-23-2009, 08:29 PM
As long as he doesnt do the dirty bird again - seeing that was more embarrassing than him being blown out 55-10. Hilarious

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72568422.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB77E2ECD7CF16FC51 A40A659CEC4C8CB6!