PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite current Bronco and why?

montrose
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Poll coming...

Archer81
01-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Peyton Hillis. You know when you see something that is going to be special, you can just feel it. I had the same feeling watching TD and Rod Smith.

:Broncos:

BABronco
01-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Hillis ... he showed more heart and determination during his 4 1/2 games than any bronco did in 16 games.

Dukes
01-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Hillis ... he showed more heart and determination during his 4 1/2 games than any bronco did in 16 games.

Seconded

montrose
01-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Sorry it took me a while to put the poll up, I wanted to include every guy on the roster. Please go back and put in your Hillis votes sirhcyennek81, BABronco and Dukes.

Rock Chalk
01-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Poll coming...

*sigh*

I dont really have a favorite right now. Im a fan of MLBs and RBs and we have none that are superstars, or at least, worthy of my adulation.

I could go with Cutler but, well Cutler is an ass.

Champ is a good choice, he's still awesome, but I dont want to put the jinx on him like I have with every other favorite of mine. (Rod Smith, Al Wilson, Terrell Davis).

Eddie is a good candidate, unassuming, quiet, productive and just freakin everything you want in a WR.

supermanhr9
01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Eddie Royal because he is the Truth!!

Br0nc0Buster
01-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Champ Bailey, or Brandon Stokely

Why not?

Killericon
01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Tony Scheffler because I love having a great Tight End. The only real knock on him is his injuries, which you can't exactly blame him for.

TheReverend
01-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Cutler. Played his heart out with untreated diabetes, came back to set a franchise record the following season, and is pretty much always honest whether we like it or not.

TheReverend
01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Tony Scheffler because I love having a great tight end. The only real knock on him is his injuries, which you can't exactly blame him for.

This is a family forum, killer

Spider
01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Hillis ......... he doesnt owe me money

Beantown Bronco
01-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I can honestly say I have no idea who Pat Murray is.

Spider
01-23-2009, 11:39 AM
I can honestly say I have no idea who Pat Murray is.

Pat Murray = the son of mr and mrs Murray

philiptr2
01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
I like Nate Jackson, not for his on the field play (which isnt too bad for a talentless white guy), but cause he is a cool guy. I got to hang out with him a few times and he is very well rounded, smart dude. I always like to see him do well.

Beantown Bronco
01-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Pat Murray = the son of mr and mrs Murray

In this day and age, you can hardly say that with any certainty.

socalorado
01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Cutler. Played his heart out with untreated diabetes, came back to set a franchise record the following season, and is pretty much always honest whether we like it or not.

WTF?!?!?
<------- This guy. cmon
WWIII. Cmon, I have to explain why!?!??!
Dude gets it done. Looked like a veteran pro bowler as a UDFA rookie.

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Based on Freakish talent, I am going with Champ Bailey.

But If i had to go on effort/style of play, I would go with Peyton Hillis.

Spider
01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
In this day and age, you can hardly say that with any certainty.

good point ;D

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Ryan Clady because he's a lineman, and linemen are awesome. Also because he's one of the best at his position in the league.

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Peyton Hillis

because he's white

Los Broncos
01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Clady, local kid, o-lineman perfect mix of speed and power.

No one can get past him.

Man-Goblin
01-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Peyton Hillis

because he's white

http://www.randomimage.us/files/436e66cff0956.gif

Killericon
01-23-2009, 12:14 PM
This is a family forum, killer

Hey, man, what can I say? Nothing makes me happier than turning on the game and seeing such a fantastic tight end.

NUB
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Karl Paymah.

Ball hawk. War hero. Consummate professional. Family man. Lover. American.

CoopDawg
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Clady. He has such a bright future after literally shoving defensive ends to the ground with that punch move as a rookie.

Jens1893
01-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Tyler Polumbus. Go Buffs!

Beantown Bronco
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Before Popps claims him, I'd better:

John Engelberger

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Tyler Polumbus. Go Buffs!

Didnt he go to Cherry Creek? booooo, go Ranch~!

bronclvr
01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Brandon Marshall-because, well, just because-

Really, he started out as a bit of a punk, but it APPEARS that he is growing up, and, as pointed out above, has freakish talent (when he wants to use it)-he has the ability, like Champ and Cutler to be a HOF'er-

besides, you guys already picked Cutler and Champ :thumbsup:

Crushaholic
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
The departure of Brandon Stokley from the Colts took a legitimate weapon away from Peyton. Enough said...:thumbs:

bronclvr
01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Clady, local kid, o-lineman perfect mix of speed and power.

I thought he was from California?

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 01:12 PM
The departure of Brandon Stokley from the Colts took a legitimate weapon away from Peyton. Enough said...:thumbs:

Except the Colts still beat us when we had Stokley. doesnt count.

SureShot
01-23-2009, 01:15 PM
The Blade!

*Mock's nickname for Cutler

ColoradoDarin
01-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Eddie Royal - Character & talent.

A close 2nd, Iron Clady

MileHighMagic
01-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Eddie Royal because he is an undersized, solid player that reminds me of Rod and is all heart.

montrose
01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
WTF?!?!?
<------- This guy. cmon
WWIII. Cmon, I have to explain why!?!??!
Dude gets it done. Looked like a veteran pro bowler as a UDFA rookie.
LOL
I honestly expected Woodyard to win. That guy, along with Larsen and Hillis, are like the OM love children. I honestly can't remember one negative thing written on this forum about Woodyard by anyone other than me. You'd think the guy is the best LB in the league! I like him a lot, I just view him more in the Josh Barrett-project role. I'm interested to see this poll's final results.

slyinky
01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Tough choice between Royal and Hillis. Went with Hillis because I've always been a big fan of bruising backs. This poll got me thinking about compiling my all-time favorite team. Sort of like an All-Pro team of my favorite players since I became a fan in 1977. Also because I am bored.

Quarterback-John Elway

Running Back-Terrell Davis

Running Back-Otis Armstrong (Potentially Peyton Hillis)

Fullback-Jon Keyworth

Wide Receiver-Rod Smith

Wide Receiver-Steve Watson (Potentially Eddie Royal)

Tight End-Shannon Sharpe

Offensive Tackle-Gary Zimmerman

Offensive Tackle-Dave Studdard (Potentially Ryan Clady)

Offensive Guard-Keith Bishop

Offensive Guard-Mark Schlereth

Center-Tom Nalen

Kicker-Jason Elam

Kick Returner-Rick Upchurch

Defensive End-Rulon Jones

Defensive End-Barney Chavous

Defensive Tackle-Greg Kragen

Defensive Tackle-Trevor Pryce (Potentially Albert Haynesworth?)

Outside Linebacker-Simon Fletcher

Outside Linebacker-Tom Jackson

Inside Linebacker-Randy Gradishar

Inside Linebacker-Karl Mecklenburg

Cornerback-Louis Wright

Cornerback-Champ Bailey

Safety-Dennis smith

Safety-Steve Atwater/Steve Foley

Punter-Luke Prestridge

socalorado
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
LOL
I honestly expected Woodyard to win. That guy, along with Larsen and Hillis, are like the OM love children. I honestly can't remember one negative thing written on this forum about Woodyard by anyone other than me. You'd think the guy is the best LB in the league! I like him a lot, I just view him more in the Josh Barrett-project role. I'm interested to see this poll's final results.

Well, when its "favorite player" thats a little different to "whos made the biggest impact" or "whos the player with the most heart" or some other catch phrase that gets people going.
Some peoples favorite player has nothing to do with his play on the field.
I like WWIII, cause he proved all the draft scrotums wrong, and he worked his @$$ off and that shows character and determination. Thats why alot of people like him. They can relate to being the underdog compared to someone like Boss Bailey, who in physical make-up and in family name should be a hall of famer, and yet hes a total disappointment.
I was talking to a SF 4 and 9er fan the other day, and he immedietely went out of his way to tell me how great DENs last draft was.
Every player he knew, and every player was a good pick. He said DENs 6th and 7th rounds were like some teams 2nd and 3rd!! He raved on and on about WWIII, Royal, Hillis and Larsen. So alot of fans of the game know DENs last draft was a huge success. kinda cool.

bowtown
01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Dan Graham. Most underrated Bronco. Captain, locker room leader, consumate professional, who quietly goes out and does his job as well as anyone in the league. He made a bad line look servicable last year and a great line look even better this year, plus began to show himself as a receiving weapon as well. We are a better team with him on the field.

Punisher
01-23-2009, 08:57 PM
WOODYARD is a classic linebacker he's my 2nd fav bronco Marshall is my 1st

AbileneBroncoFan
01-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Cutler. I love watching good quarterbacks play, and this guy is going to be special. But the answer to the poll should be Cutler, Marshall, Royal, and Clady. We get to watch these guys light up the league for the next 10-15 years. Add a star RB in the mix (and a decent defense), and it will be something very special.

Vladimir
01-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Ryan Clady because he is so good at a position that is so important.

backup qb
01-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Cutler. On his way to becoming a dynamic top 5 qb in the league. For all those who complain about his screaming "WTF" at Eddie, did you not ever see Marino play? He was always screaming at people. Elway did the same thing. Part of being a leader is demanding execution from people. Can Jay improve? Absolutely. These same people that complain about Jay being brutally honest are the same ones who b##ched about Shanny's non-stop cliches and coach speak.

Dedhed
01-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Cutler- He's the only reason we won more than 3 games this year, and he's not a media pandering nancy boy who blows cliched quotes up our butts.

backup qb
01-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Cutler- He's the only reason we won more than 3 games this year, and he's not a media pandering nancy boy who blows cliched quotes up our butts.

Amen brother!!!

SoCalBronco
01-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Favorite: DJ

Honorable Mentions: Cutler, Scheffler

Tombstone RJ
01-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Larsen is the man! Plus he's my adopted Bronco, so I gotta vote for him. I still think he can start at MLB.

driver
01-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey, man, what can I say? Nothing makes me happier than turning on the game and seeing such a fantastic tight end.

Erin Andrews wasn't on the list! She's the best tight end I've seen in a while!:wiggle:

Hogan11
01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Stokley.....provides a level headed, much needed vet presence, productive, has totally redeemed the #14 and he gets the job done without all the bullshat showmanship. He's a true leader and sets the ultimate example IMHO.