PDA

View Full Version : For the married dudes, need some advice for Valentine's Day

montrose
01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Ok so I'm trying to put the finishing touches on Valentine's Day for the girlfriend and I, and wanted to run this by some of the married folk here on the Mane to see if any suggestions could make my plan better. Here's what I've got:

Morning - Pick her up with flowers and candy (I know, I'm old fashioned), then head to the Inverness too hang in the Hot Tub and Steam Room before a couples massage together - oh and she'll be getting her's from a girl because I'm one insecure dude, ;)

Afternoon - Lunch at her favorite restaurant, the Olive Garden. Then back to my place for a romantic chick flick (any suggestions?) before changing clothes for the evening.

Evening - Horse carriage on 16th Street Mall. Get dropped off at Panzano which is allegedly Denver's most romantic restaurant.

Night - Drop her off at home with a Valentine's Day card and a necklace or some other gift I'll pickup.

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 03:47 PM
All that trouble to just drop her off at night?

OABB
01-22-2009, 03:47 PM
all good except the dropping her off at home....it's sounds like your shelling out some cash, that's got to be good for at least a blumpkin, copperfield, or a donkey punch imo.

bronco militia
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM
all good except the dropping her off at home....it's sounds like your shelling out some cash, that's got to be good for at least a blumpkin, copperfield, or a donkey punch imo.

Ha!

montrose
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Lets just say Kahn and I have more in common than just liking the Broncos.

Florida_Bronco
01-22-2009, 03:49 PM
If there isn't some sex interspersed with that, then you got hosed.

;)

broncolife

lol beat me to it or should I say montrose will be beating it. jk

bronco militia
sounds good if you're planning on marrying this chick

if not, WTF dude?!?! get her some flowers and save your money

Florida_Bronco
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM

Well crap.

In that case, I don't think you got much room for improvement as far as the night goes.

bronclvr
01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Boy, are you guys romantic!

montrose
sounds good if you're planning on marrying this chick

if not, WTF dude?!?! get her some flowers and save your money

I am hoping to marry her in the future. I've never had a GF before so I really want to make this Valentine's Day special. Also, I've done some pretty romantic stuff in the past, so she's going to be able to tell if I don't put in the effort.

theAPAOps5

Regardless my statement still stands! :wiggle:

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Can I say anal on here?

SureShot

Can't you just get a sheet with a hole in it?:pimp:

montrose
Regardless my statement still stands! :wiggle:

Watch out, I might bring her to camp this year just to beat you up. She may only be 5'4, 100 lbs - but she packs a mean punch!

Archer81
Sounds like a plan. You cant be accused of not putting thought into it. I'm not married, but it sounds like something I'd do.

*Edit* But "dropping her off" better include some genital to genital connection. You can love her to the moon but it better get physical.

:Broncos:

bronclvr
01-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I am hoping to marry her in the future. I've never had a GF before so I really want to make this Valentine's Day special. Also, I've done some pretty romantic stuff in the past, so she's going to be able to tell if I don't put in the effort.

montrose,

Looks good to me-course, I'm one of those nuts that sends a quartet to sing to my Wife for Valentine's Day, so what do I know?

bronco militia
01-22-2009, 03:55 PM

that makes sense....

just taking the time to plan a nice date should be enough for the one and only woman in your life

rad
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Isn't it obvious......?

D!ck in a box!!!!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

OABB
01-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I am hoping to marry her in the future. I've never had a girlfriend before so I really want to make this Valentine's Day special. Also, I've done some pretty romantic stuff in the past, so she's going to be able to tell if I don't put in the effort.

oh boy. while I respect your religious views, I must warn you that you should be carefull before going on about marrying your FIRST girlfriend. take your time brother. besides, you're not gonna get laid anyways, so might as well save your money.

I say a dozen roses and dinner ought to take care of it...

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 03:57 PM
See I am bad at this. I am horribly unromantic. So when I actually do something Romantic its a hit regardless. Heck I proposed to win a fight!

If this is your first girlfriend by all means go all out. Its understandable.

montrose
01-22-2009, 03:58 PM
while I respect your religious views...

Funny thing is, neither she nor I are religious.

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Didn't you get the memo Montrose? Apparently all people who are saving themselves are Mormon now days. So it was just assumed! :)

OABB
01-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Funny thing is, neither she nor I are religious.

oh...um,

why than, may I ask?

montrose
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Didn't you get the memo Montrose? Apparently all people who are saving themselves are Mormon now days. So it was just assumed! :)

LOL. I expected this thread to maybe garner 8-10 responses. Does anyone have actual advice for the day besides what's been previously posted?

why than, may I ask?

Personal choice.

OABB
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM

ftr, I didn't assume it was mormonism, but I did assume it was religious, otherwise, what other reason is there to wait?

I'm just curious.

SureShot
01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
ftr, I didn't assume it was mormonism, but I did assume it was religious, otherwise, what other reason is there to wait?

I'm just curious.

Cooties?

LittleFloyd
Just do what I do for my wife. Buy her a vacuum cleaner and hopefully she will vacuum the house. Those red ones are nice for Valentines Day.

loborugger
Ok so I'm trying to put the finishing touches on Valentine's Day for the girlfriend and I, and wanted to run this by some of the married folk here on the Mane to see if any suggestions could make my plan better. Here's what I've got:

Morning - Pick her up with flowers and candy (I know, I'm old fashioned), then head to the Inverness too hang in the Hot Tub and Steam Room before a couples massage together - oh and she'll be getting her's from a girl because I'm one insecure dude, ;)

Afternoon - Lunch at her favorite restaurant, the Olive Garden. Then back to my place for a romantic chick flick (any suggestions?) before changing clothes for the evening.

Evening - Horse carriage on 16th Street Mall. Get dropped off at Panzano which is allegedly Denver's most romantic restaurant.

Night - Drop her off at home with a Valentine's Day card and a necklace or some other gift I'll pickup.

Have you ever seen that episode of the Simpsons where all the guys in town are pissed off at Apu cuz he is going completely over the top for his wife? Ya, this is what this reminds me of...

Fortunately, my wife hates Valentine's Day, so I am off the hook.

Nonetheless, if you are asking married guys about what to do with Valentine's Day, dont be surprised by the responses you get. Something like, "I brought her a stale, 5 dollar box of chocolates. I threw 'em at her as I strolled thru the door, and for that demanded a BJ and a steak."

24champ
Can I say anal on here?

There's a good story....but I won't go there.;D

theAPAOps5

I'm just curious.

Oh I know I meant that in the context of him saying he has more in common than football with Kaylor. Kaylor is a mormon so everyone assumed thats why he was waiting.

bronco militia
01-22-2009, 04:06 PM
FYI montrose......the last people you want to ask about what you should do on Valentines day are married dudes.

ak1971
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
buy her a 40 and a pack of smokes

theAPAOps5
LOL. I expected this thread to maybe garner 8-10 responses. Does anyone have actual advice for the day besides what's been previously posted?

Personal choice.

Valentines day and guys......... always leads to sex talk and you expected 8-10 responses? Hilarious!

The best Valentines I did was take my wife, she was my gf at the time, to a nice dinner. Then we stayed at the Westin. They have this thing called the heavenly bed. The most comfortable bed I have ever been in.

We ended up finding out who makes it and bought it when we moved into our first house.

Meck77
That's an ambitious day. Not sure if they still do it but they had a killer seafood buffet at the Inverness years ago. I'd just book a room there, do the massage stuff, watch the movie in the room, hit the buffet, and crash at the hotel! Much easier and would probably be cheaper. Besides why go thru all the trouble only to drop her off at home? Come on now Montrose get with it man!8')

Jason in LA
Dude, is this Valentines Day or her birthday? Isn't this a couples day? It sounds like you're doing all the giving, and she's doing all the receiving. It sounds like you're doing way too much, and you're setting the bar too high for yourself. You're going to have to match that all the time.

I'd say a gift and dinner is nice, and she should be getting you something as well.

no-pseudo-fan
01-22-2009, 04:10 PM

You have to butter her up during the week. Kind of a "it's not just because it's Valentines" thing. Send her E-Cards, and leave little pieces of paper say "I love you" and stuff like that.

You can go a little corny, and get her a Cystal Rose instead of real flowers and say that your love for her will never die.

Anyway, Valentines day is such a crock. Women don't really have to give you anything.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 04:12 PM

This is pre-mariage. Once you are married a Card and some flowers, not farting in bed for the night covers it.

Thanks for reminding me this was coming up.

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah I laughed when he asked the married guys. See we landed our gal. Nothing more to work towards.

Inkana7
01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Impressive. The Horse Carriage thing is an awesome touch.

dbfan4life
01-22-2009, 04:16 PM
FYI montrose......the last people you want to ask about what you should do on Valentines day are married dudes.

QFT! That's exactly what popped up in my head when I read his post. Hilarious!

Archer81
01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
You have to butter her up during the week. Kind of a "it's not just because it's Valentines" thing. Send her E-Cards, and leave little pieces of paper say "I love you" and stuff like that.

You can go a little orny, and get her a Cystal Rose instead of real flowers and say that your love for her will never die.

Anyway, Valentines day is such a crock. Women don't really have to give you anything.

That is stho sthweet...

Archer81
01-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Gay dude's valentines:

Wanna eat?

Sure.

Wanna F?

Sure.

End scene.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Nonetheless, if you are asking married guys about what to do with Valentine's Day, dont be surprised by the responses you get. Something like, "I brought her a stale, 5 dollar box of chocolates. I threw 'em at her as I strolled thru the door, and for that demanded a BJ and a steak."

BJ and Steak day is March 14th.

TheDave
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
WAY over the top...

If you are doing this and then proposing to her... OK

If you are doing this then shipping off to war... OK

If you just got out of the burn ward and she says she still loves you... OK

If you are doing this because it is Valentines Day and you're young and whipped... NOT OK.

Trust me... save the big over the top stuff for something special. Not a ****ing holiday that happens every year.

Jason in LA
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
so she's going to be able to tell if I don't put in the effort.

That's a problem right there. Like I said before, you set the bar too high for yourself, and now you have to come through big time every time. Reading inbetween the lines, it sounds like she's judging you. You have to come through big time or she's going to be upset. Don't you see a problem with that?

So, is she going to put in that type of effort for you on that day? If she is, then I take back everything that I said and all is good. But if you're doing all the work and spending all the money, you're getting played.

Meck77
01-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Jason in LA's Valentine day.

Bottle of makers mark, his camera, and 5 chicks!

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Gay dude's valentines:

Wanna eat?

Sure.

Wanna F?

Sure.

End scene.

If I ever end up back on the market I have convinced myself that my pickup line would be "Wanna go somewhere and ****?"

I am too old to stage all that crap just to get my fingers wet.

loborugger
01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
BJ and Steak day is March 14th.

LOL

I am not only making a mark of this on my calendar as we speak, I am also informing the ole lady of our new holiday.

For our love struck romantic, I agree with what The Dave said. This is completely over the top. Worse, she will come to expect this kinda thing regularly if you do this.

Jason in LA
01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Jason in LA's Valentine day.

Bottle of makers mark, his camera, and 5 chicks!

You know it lol

Well, I am a Jack Daniels kind of guy.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
WAY over the top...

If you are doing this because it is Valentines Day and you're young and whipped... NOT OK.

Trust me... save the big over the top stuff for something special. Not a ****ing holiday that happens every year.

I would also make sure V-day is a Period free weekend. To go through all that and she is on the rag would suck...unless your into that.

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 04:27 PM
To quote the 40 year old Virgin:

"You are Putting the Pussy on a Pedastal."

bronco militia
buy her a 40 and a pack of smokes

word, dawg...

:afro:

Ha!

Archer81
If I ever end up back on the market I have convinced myself that my pickup line would be "Wanna go somewhere and ****?"

I am too old to stage all that crap just to get my fingers wet.

I dont mess around. If I am dating a guy, he knows how I feel. I am not going balls out to impress him. We eat, we f, we hang out and he leaves me alone for 4 hours every sunday when the Broncos play. Life is good.

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I would also make sure V-day is a Period free weekend. To go through all that and she is on the rag would suck...unless your into that.

Some guys like to earn their red wings.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL

I am not only making a mark of this on my calendar as we speak, I am also informing the ole lady of our new holiday.

For our love struck romantic, I agree with what The Dave said. This is completely over the top. Worse, she will come to expect this kinda thing regularly if you do this.

I got chicken strips and a loving "No Way" last year. There is always next year.

Hotrod
01-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Save yourself a whole **** load of time and just give her half your **** and move on.

24champ
01-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Save yourself a whole **** load of time and just give her half your **** and move on.

Ha!

24champ
01-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I got chicken strips and a loving "No Way" last year. There is always next year.

That's why there is always "the get her drunk and get laid" holiday to look forward to.

mr007
01-22-2009, 04:31 PM

First of all, the title of your thread is completely off. Married guys know less about women than anyone else... you should be asking the single guys for Valentine's Day advice. Married dudes have one girl to please, 70% are thinking about divorce (as are their wives), and have been with the same chick for years (in most cases). For the most part, there are exceptions for those about to flame me, a married persons life is about as exciting and romantic as watching paint dry.

If you really want to be over the top, I'd mix your stuff up a bit.

1.) Do not show up with flowers and candy - either surprise her with a room in your house that has flowers already in it (don't use gay ass red roses, use a colorful mixture from a good flower shop) and skip the candy.

2.) Olive Garden sounds like an odd place for a favorite restaurant, but whatever, go for it. Good "chick flicks" = The Notebook, Love Actually, umm I'm sure there's others but you can't go wrong with either of those. Personally, I think you're spending a hell of a lot of time together for just looking at the car without driving it, but that's me.

3.) I would skip the gift and make the card extra creative. The card shouldn't just be something lame like Happy Valentines day, go out of the way to grab little things you can glue in there, make stick figures, whatever, women love creativity. Unless you have been dating a significant amount of time, a gift on top of the spa treatment, dinner, the horse carriage ride, damn forgot about lunch, is waaaaay overboard and in my experience, is an easy way to lose someone especially if you haven't been dating for years.

So there you go.... good thing I'm bored =). And honestly, some of this stuff would be overboard if you're not SERIOUSLY committed already. If you are not at that point, you are overburdening her and need to take it down a few tones. My 2 cents.

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Don't do anything ALF says. He is married..... to Rosy Palm but he gets her 5 sisters in the deal!

bronco militia
01-22-2009, 04:33 PM

DING DING DING

rack that take and lock the thread

:spit:

24champ
01-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Don't do anything ALF says. He is married..... to Rosy Palm but he gets her 5 sisters in the deal!

Wrong. I'm not the commitment type. ;)

TheDave
01-22-2009, 04:37 PM
First of all, the title of your thread is completely off. Married guys know less about women than anyone else... you should be asking the single guys for Valentine's Day advice. Married dudes have one girl to please, 70% are thinking about divorce (as are their wives), and have been with the same chick for years (in most cases). For the most part, there are exceptions for those about to flame me, a married persons life is about as exciting and romantic as watching paint dry.

Hilarious! says the guy who spends a lot of time taking semi-gay pictures of himself.

loborugger
01-22-2009, 04:38 PM

Broncosteven: What are the chances of a guy like you and a wife like me... ya know, giving me a BJ?

Wife: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.

Broncosteven: Hit me with it! I've been married to you a long time. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Wife: Not good.

Broncosteven: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Wife: I'd say more like one out of a million.

http://content8.flixster.com/photo/30/86/01/3086010_gal.jpg

Broncosteven: So you're telling me there's a chance.

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2009, 04:46 PM

Damn, someone raised you right. May I suggest copping a feel before the evening is over? ;)

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2009, 04:48 PM

Dude, why not propose NOW?

Then cop a feel...

pokenation
01-22-2009, 04:50 PM
dudes come on......

for all the hunters out there, I know you HAVE to know that valentines day is a hunting holiday. Why else would there be an archery hunter for the mascot?

So go to your "other" and demand he/she buy you some camo, a new hunting rifle or a new bow. There is no way a female came up with an archer as the mascot to her holiday....had to be a man and had to be a hunter anxious for fall to come around.

You can take that to the bank. LOL

p.s. I don't get much action from the wife on valentines day, I usually screw it up so don't take any advise from me! :wave:

mr007
01-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Hilarious! says the guy who spends a lot of time taking semi-gay pictures of himself.

Semi-gay picture? Because I happen to be in shape or what?? It's actually surprising you remember that... Semi-in the closet?? Or perhaps randomly you just happen to maintain great mental images of guys with their shirts off?? hmmm...

ksBRONCOfan
01-22-2009, 04:54 PM
First of all, the title of your thread is completely off.

I didn't read this whole thread, but this is what I was going to say. Married guys are the guys you see at the grocery store at 5pm on V-Day fighting over half dead roses and very picked over cards.

TheDave
01-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Semi-gay picture? Because I happen to be in shape or what?? It's actually surprising you remember that... Semi-in the closet?? Or perhaps randomly you just happen to maintain great mental images of guys with their shirts off?? hmmm...

Actually it's still on your user profile... Ha!

Hotrod
01-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I didn't read this whole thread, but this is what I was going to say. Married guys are the guys you see at the grocery store at 5pm on V-Day fighting over half dead roses and very picked over cards.

LOL

I actually did this once. Ran after work to a florist. Stood in a huge ass line and got the last 2 roses on the face of the earth. The poor suckers behind me were down to picking between potted plants.

TheDave
01-22-2009, 04:57 PM
LOL

I actually did this once. Ran after work to a florist. Stood in a huge ass line and got the last 2 roses on the face of the earth. The poor suckers behind me were down to picking between potted plants.

Well there's your problem... ;D

Hotrod
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Well there's your problem... ;D

Not anymore :)

mr007
01-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Actually it's still on your user profile... Ha!

damn, touche! I'll get rid of that haha.

TheDave
01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry folks... Had a **** day at work so i'm taking it out here.

Now pardon me while i drink myself back into happiness... ;D

OBF1
01-22-2009, 05:11 PM

So you have not yet scored with her ??? If this does not work, kick her to the curb and hang out with the single guys next year.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Damn, someone raised you right. May I suggest copping a feel before the evening is over? ;)

DOn't call it copping a feel, it is a Loving Caress and some weeks it is the only lovin I get.

The best "Loving Caresses" are copped on the stairs.

Ever watch Larry David's Curb your enthusiam? He had a show about this in the second season. Funny stuff.

theAPAOps5
01-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I say you give the gift that keeps on giving....... Surprise Butsecks.

goldengopher1976
01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
depending on what kind of chick flick you're looking for, here's a couple suggestions:

When Harry met Sally
He said, She said
Pretty Woman
Sleepless in Seattle
Before Sunrise

Those 5 are some of the best IMO. However, you could attempt to stay with the "classy day" theme and watch an older black-and-white one. I recommend:

An affair to Remember (similar story to Sleepless).

As for the rest of the day...have you considered incorporating some kind of theme? As in, perhaps you thematically frame the day around the movie you've chosen. So...if you choose "An affair...", you have some point in the evening where you view the city from some tall building, and you give a card at the beginning of the day with a picture of that building on it as a hint of where the two of you will "reunite" later that night. Just some thoughts...

Also, I think women very much enjoy wardrobe changes as part of a day together. So think of the day's outfits as a chance to set mood. Start off casual (pre-massage) and slowly get more formal throughout the day. Tip her off about the changes and make accommodations for them. Perhaps (I know you're spending a ton, but if you make the money...) you could even buy her the dress she'll wear that night? Perhaps (if you're into this much thinking) the dress could be similar to the one worn by the actress in the movie?

Anyway, do what you will with the thoughts. I think in general if you can thematically frame the day with something besides the obvious "it's V-day", she will very much enjoy it.

And by the way, I'm a happily married dude, so don't feel like you've got play into the stereotype. And grats on choosing to wait, my wedding night was all the more special for it.

azbroncfan
01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Not even any LEVI loving then?

Sassy
01-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Asking the married guys?
Hmmm...maybe you should be asking the WOMEN on this site! LOL! Ha!

OBF1
01-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I say you give the gift that keeps on giving....... Surprise Butsecks.

DING DING DING.....winner LOL LOL LOL

OBF1
01-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Asking the married guys?

Like any man could live up to your expectations Sassy ROFL!

Broncochica
01-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Asking the married guys?

LOL Agree Hilarious!

Taco John
01-22-2009, 05:25 PM

It sounds like you don't need any help. Wow!

TheDave
01-22-2009, 05:30 PM

This poor kid is destined to hear the phrase "You're not romantic like you used to be" for the rest of his life... and you are cheering him on.

Way to encourage the youngster into the bear cave...

Sassy
01-22-2009, 05:40 PM

I agree! Ha!
This sounds more like a marriage proposal than VDay...
As much as I like romance...it's a little "too much"...but she'll love it, I'm sure.

P.S. If you do all of this just for Valentine's Day...what does that leave for a marriage proposal?
(Or other holidays for the rest of your life! Ha!)

Taco John
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
This poor kid is destined to hear the phrase "You're not romantic like you used to be" for the rest of his life... and you are cheering him on.

I hear ya. But damn. I'm just impressed with all the creativity. He's swept me off my feet. My idea of romance these days is sending her flowers at work, and hoping that she's too tired to battle the crowds at the restaurants and want to order take out - and maybe some sex after junior's bed time.

Heh. Actually, I took my wife to the symphony last year. That was some fun. I'd never been. But my idea of romance is to be spontaneous, and my wife hates spontenaity. So instead, I buy her tickets to things that she can look forward to for V-day, and we do predictable things like married people who've been together for over a decade.

We get enough unpredictability these days from the two year old to tide us over!

OABB
01-22-2009, 05:46 PM

dave, you have been the true voice of reason on this thread...

montrose, true romanticism is not determined by the size of the gift, or the production of it, but by the artistic expression of your true feelings. If a girl judges your act of love by what you buy and where you go,, you should move on and find a better woman.

If you have "true" feelings" for her, than express them honestly, and creatively. remember the phrase, the best things in life are free... this goes double for romance.

and seriously, you need to listen to me and dave Montrose, back the F*** up or you will regret it for the rest of your life.

divorces are common today NOT because marriage is hard, but because finding someone worthy, and being worthy of marriage yourself is hard...

if you latch on to the first girl to dry hump you, you will not only lose her respect, but respect from yourself for being so deliberatly desperate.

sorry to get all preachy, but let's just say I know what I'm talking about here...

OABB
01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
also, rufunol is a great tool for romance... good luck

Rock Chalk
01-22-2009, 05:48 PM

Do what I did, marry a woman who despises Valentine's day :)

SouthStndJunkie
01-22-2009, 05:54 PM

No doubt....I barely remember there is such a day.

Also....I know it may seem unimportant now....but take that **** for a test ride before you sign on the dotted line.

Spider
01-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Chrome for a peterbuilt always makes for a good Valentine day present for some lucky lady

USMCBladerunner
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM

With that kind of expectation management, you may not want to hitch yourself to this one...she'd be expecting the moon by your third anniversary.

So as not to be completely useless to you...since you have your day all planned out and a number of things in it, you could turn the day into a love note scavenger hunt...the notes would have clues about what's coming up next.

I myself have never done anything quite so sappy, but I had a roomate that would go all out with stuff like that, and they seemed to go over well...for her anyway.

SouthStndJunkie
01-22-2009, 06:08 PM

Damn....if there is no sex involved....take me instead and buy me some cool stuff....we can talk some Broncos and I will punch you in the shoulder at the end of the night. I don't even need to watch a chick flick....any action movie will do.

bronco militia
01-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Damn....if there is no sex involved....take me instead and buy me some cool stuff....we can talk some Broncos and I will punch you in the shoulder at the end of the night. I don't even need to watch a chick flick....any action movie will do.

fag!

SouthStndJunkie
01-22-2009, 06:14 PM
fag!

No sex involved....I already stated that....unless he wants to pony up for some rub and tugs at the local massage parlor at the end of the night.

Spider
01-22-2009, 06:14 PM

you will marry the 1 woman that gives a piece of ass , then 20 years down the road be like this couple Although she ( with any bit of luck wont be smoking a Stogie and wearing a ball cap ) http://images.allposters.com/images/MMPH/244132.jpg Not a pretty picture is it ?
I tell you what I will do for you , send me your girlfriend , I will sleep with her , then let you know if she is worth the headache or not .......... No need to thank me , I will do this for you out of the kindness of my heart ........... ;D

SouthStndJunkie
01-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Montrose....here is the most romantic thing you can do:

Take her out to eat at night and when you are leaving pay some guy (in advance) to jump out from behind a car to grab her and try and grab her purse....then you can save her and hit the guy, or push him, and get her purse back.

The going rate for something like that is probably $100....cheaper than your plan....and she will think you are the bomb.

You can thank me later.

SouthStndJunkie
01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
BTW....I was only kidding.

Sounds good in theory though.

loborugger
01-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I hear ya. But damn. I'm just impressed with all the creativity. He's swept me off my feet.

Homo

chadta
01-22-2009, 06:46 PM
just remember, valentines day is for chicks, february 15th, now thats a guys holiday, steak and blow job day.

if she puts half the effort into your holiday as you do for her holiday youll be fine

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 06:48 PM
just remember, valentines day is for chicks, february 15th, now thats a guys holiday, steak and blow job day.

if she puts half the effort into your holiday as you do for her holiday youll be fine

We already covered Steak and BJ day on March 14th.

bronco militia
01-22-2009, 06:50 PM

Take her out to eat at night and when you are leaving pay some guy (in advance) to jump out from behind a car to grab her and try and grab her purse....then you can save her and hit the guy, or push him, and get her purse back.

The going rate for something like that is probably $100....cheaper than your plan....and she will think you are the bomb.

You can thank me later.

bwhaha...awesome

ak1971
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
the big question is what is The Dave doing for dortoh this valentines day?

Atlas
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
First of all you are asking the wrong people. What do married guys know about Valentine's day.

You need to ask the women here. They'll give you better advice.

ksBRONCOfan
01-22-2009, 06:52 PM
LOL

My first V-Day (dating then) with my wife, I was a senior in high school. I worked at the grocery store and actually stole 2 dozen roses from the store to give her. Talk about classy!!!! I hid them in the produce cooler in back until the end of my shift at 10pm and drove home and gave them to her. She still has no idea that I ever did that.

Sassy
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
First of all you are asking the wrong people. What do married guys know about Valentine's day.

You need to ask the women here. They'll give you better advice.

:wiggle:

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
depending on what kind of chick flick you're looking for, here's a couple suggestions:

When Harry met Sally
He said, She said
Pretty Woman
Sleepless in Seattle
Before Sunrise

Those 5 are some of the best IMO. However, you could attempt to stay with the "classy day" theme and watch an older black-and-white one. I recommend:

I think the Ultimate Chick flick is The Notebook. Someone else posted it in this thread.

It is the female equivelent of "The Shawshank Redemption". She will watch it to the end everytime Lifetime plays it.

I liked it the 1st time we watched it but got old quick.

I always thought Titanic was the perfect chick flick because they get to hose Leo and he dies before anyone finds out, and those that did died. They get the fantasy of getting banged in a car on a ship by a poor laborer and then go back to their lives without worrying about having to marry the guy.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
My first V-Day (dating then) with my wife, I was a senior in high school. I worked at the grocery store and actually stole 2 dozen roses from the store to give her. Talk about classy!!!! I hid them in the produce cooler in back until the end of my shift at 10pm and drove home and gave them to her. She still has no idea that I ever did that.

Did you wrap them in the porn mags you stole?

Every guy I knew in HS that worked at a store lifted porno's.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 06:56 PM
the big question is what is The Dave doing for dortoh this valentines day?

I thought they agreed to celebrate Steak and BJ day twice this year?

ksBRONCOfan
01-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Did you wrap them in the porn mags you stole?

Every guy I knew in HS that worked at a store lifted porno's.

They didn't carry them in my store. So I took beer instead. Plus I couldn't even begin to count how many times I accidentally cut open a bag of chips or chex mix. I was such a klutz with a knife.

Willynowei
01-22-2009, 07:00 PM

I actually like this part; it can pay off in your favor if you do it right. But you have to put expectations in her head that its going to go further and make her want it. That way, by just dropping her off and ending the night abruptly she'll probably spend the next two days thinking about what just happened.

Other than that you know your girl a lot better than any poster here, so you shouldn't be asking us what to do. Do what you did to win her over in the first place with a little more effort on this occasion and add a random twist - sing for her or something (assuming you're not THAT bad).

A rule on stuff like this- Perception is reality. It doesn't matter how much work you put in, its all useless if its not clear to her that you put in the effort.

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Do what I did, marry a woman who despises Valentine's day :)

Or get married on it and you always remember your aniversary and cut out an additional gift.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Or get married on it and you always remember your aniversary and cut out an additional gift.

My date is etched into my ring. I still need my Outlook reminders though.

Sassy
01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
This thread is cracking me up! Ha!

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Homo

He had Taco at Hello

Jason in LA
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM

Like I've said a couple times now, he's setting the bar to high for himself.

Inkana7
01-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd listen to Jason. He's probably the smoothest guy the Mane's got.

Jason in LA
01-22-2009, 07:19 PM

Now that is funny.

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2009, 07:34 PM

When Harry met Sally
He said, She said
Pretty Woman
Sleepless in Seattle
Before Sunrise

As for the rest of the day...have you considered incorporating some kind of theme? As in, perhaps you thematically frame the day around the movie you've chosen. So...if you choose "An affair...", you have some point in the evening where you view the city from some tall building, and you give a card at the beginning of the day with a picture of that building on it as a hint of where the two of you will "reunite" later that night. Just some thoughts...

Also, I think women very much enjoy wardrobe changes as part of a day together. So think of the day's outfits as a chance to set mood. Start off casual (pre-massage) and slowly get more formal throughout the day. Tip her off about the changes and make accommodations for them. Perhaps (I know you're spending a ton, but if you make the money...) you could even buy her the dress she'll wear that night? Perhaps (if you're into this much thinking) the dress could be similar to the one worn by the actress in the movie?

Anyway, do what you will with the thoughts. I think in general if you can thematically frame the day with something besides the obvious "it's V-day", she will very much enjoy it.

And by the way, I'm a happily married dude, so don't feel like you've got play into the stereotype. And grats on choosing to wait, my wedding night was all the more special for it.

question: does your wife know your gay?

j/k:peace:

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2009, 07:36 PM

word.

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2009, 07:41 PM

You can thank me later.

I like the way you think, sir.

Jason in LA
01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
There is one part about this that has been bugging me. I've heard about this a number of times, and I've kind of even done it myself (I think it's been done to me).

Before you guys read this, I'm not saying that this is the case, but he should watch out.

So they seem to have an agreement not to have sex. I wonder who came up with that one ;D. Well anyway, he's going to drop her off after spending a lot of time and money on her and showing her a great time, probably not too late, because he seems to be a good guy (who we all know finish last). So lets say for this example that she is the one who decided against sex. Well, she could have just decided not to have sex with him because he might be the one. So after he wines and dines her, drops her off, she then meets up with the guy she's really hot for. You know, the bad boy, who she just can't get enough of. The guy that ignores her, doesn't take her out, and only shows up late at night (which is usually right after the good guy drops her off.) Yeah, she gives it up to him.

Men and women do this. Live I said, I've done it. I'm sure other people on this board has done it. Go out with somebody early, and then meet up with somebody late, and that's the person that's going to put out. Or not even go out but show up after the other person gets home from a date. And like I said, I think it's been done to me before. That's just how the game works sometimes ;D. Can't win them all.

So Montrose, I'm not saying that this is the case, but you need to watch out. A lot of women seem to like a nice guy, to a point. They like that guy who plans all that out, but a lot of times they take that stuff for granted (the same can be said for guys with good girls). If I were you I'd give her a nice time, but I'd tone all that stuff down. You're doing way too much, and it seems like she's expecting it. She could be playing you. If she's really into you, you wouldn't have to put some much thought and money into the day. You could keep it simple, and she'd just love being with you (and she'd put out ;D)

cutthemdown
01-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Some other guy won't go so easy on her. He won't buy her flowers, won't get her a card, won't take her on a horsey ride, or a massage. No wonder you won't let a guy massage your girl.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I didn't read the part about the no SEX.

Enjoy the day, just make sure to get your favorite hand lotion and tissues for the "after party".

Sodak
01-22-2009, 08:16 PM
That whole day you planned sounds like a total pain in the ass. Get a new girlfriend. It'd be easier, and you don't need to take the entire day off for Hallmark.

Don Flamenco
01-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Set up a plenty of fish.com account. Search for females that are single with kids within a 25 mile radius.... My gosh things could get ugly

crazyhorse
01-22-2009, 08:46 PM

I can tell you that after a massage you will be dog tired. Not sure why. But I have had one pro massage in my life. I went back to my room and slept for an hour. My massage was at 10 in the morning so I had plenty of sleep. Not sure if you will respond the same as I did. But if so, it could put a hiccup in your plan.

broncosteven
01-22-2009, 09:38 PM
I can tell you that after a massage you will be dog tired. Not sure why. But I have had one pro massage in my life. I went back to my room and slept for an hour. My massage was at 10 in the morning so I had plenty of sleep. Not sure if you will respond the same as I did. But if so, it could put a hiccup in your plan.

If they "finished you off" I could see why you fell asleep after.

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
This thread is pure funny.

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 10:05 PM
From a real point of my own observation of what you said it seems like you feel the need to do all this crap is because you seem uncomfortable/nervous. I dont know you and I dont know your lady or relationship but that is a expensive and long day seems like at least a couple those items comes out. Its your day too bro sure the guys do allot but it goes the other way as well.

Los Broncos
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm going for Tiffanys this year, I'm going to the cabin that weekend, need all the edge I can get baby.

jhat01
01-22-2009, 10:26 PM
If they "finished you off" I could see why you fell asleep after.

"you want happy ending?" hahahahaha

Man, there was this time....nevermind

Popps
01-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Dude, is this Valentines Day or her birthday? Isn't this a couples day? It sounds like you're doing all the giving, and she's doing all the receiving. It sounds like you're doing way too much, and you're setting the bar too high for yourself. You're going to have to match that all the time.

I'd say a gift and dinner is nice, and she should be getting you something as well.

I rarely agree with your advice on women, but in this case... I think you're on-point.

Montrose...

It IS a couples day, but let's face it... those generally lean towards the female, and that's fine. They're wired to need more on those days than we are and no amount of complaining about it is going to change human chemistry.

That said, this sounds like a bit much. First off, she's a girlfriend, not a wife.
Your investment (on all levels) should be a little more controlled. (Trust me on this one. Just trust me.) The day you described would make most married women elated on an anniversary, much less a girlfriends on V-day. As Meck also said, you CAN set the bar a little high for yourself. Start a little simpler and build UP to those things as time goes on, and you see that she's worth it. (I'm talking about over years and years, not months.)

Keep it simple. Take her to dinner and find a nice place to have cocktails after. The massage thing is cool, but again.. that's a lot to jam into a day.
Maybe save that for another occasion.

Does she work? If so, take flowers into her work for her. 90% of women I've met love to be fussed over, even if they won't admit it. Flowers at their workplace is a great, simple way to achieve that.

As for the end of the night, that's a separate conversation. Either way, my advice is that you don't need MORE things, you need less. Just pull back the reigns a bit and keep it simple. Over the long-run, a good woman will see your sincere efforts as just that.

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Popps not anything to argue over but in a society like today it would be good to talk about flowers since they die so fast and money is getting harder to get. Sure they are nice but once all is done you can buy a freakin rose bush. Romance is nice but it all ends up who you are not what you can buy.

Broncochica
01-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I rarely agree with your advice on women, but in this case... I think you're on-point.

Montrose...

It IS a couples day, but let's face it... those generally lean towards the female, and that's fine. They're wired to need more on those days than we are and no amount of complaining about it is going to change human chemistry.

That said, this sounds like a bit much. First off, she's a girlfriend, not a wife.
Your investment (on all levels) should be a little more controlled. (Trust me on this one. Just trust me.) The day you described would make most married women elated on an anniversary, much less a girlfriends on V-day. As Meck also said, you CAN set the bar a little high for yourself. Start a little simpler and build UP to those things as time goes on, and you see that she's worth it. (I'm talking about over years and years, not months.)

Keep it simple. Take her to dinner and find a nice place to have cocktails after. The massage thing is cool, but again.. that's a lot to jam into a day.

Does she work? If so, take flowers into her work for her. 90% of women I've met love to be fussed over, even if they won't admit it. Flowers at their workplace is a great, simple way to achieve that.

As for the end of the night, that's a separate conversation. Either way, my advice is that you don't need MORE things, you need less. Just pull back the reigns a bit and keep it simple. Over the long-run, a good woman will see your sincere efforts as just that.

LOL You have totally nailed it! This is the best advice I've read so far, and dang there's plenty of advice but this guy speaks the truth! And Montrose good luck what ever you decide to do! :thumbs:

Sassy
01-22-2009, 11:05 PM

Montrose...

Great advice Popps!

Sassy
01-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Ok...Chica and I just posted the same thoughts at the same time! Scary!!! Yikes! Ha!

Popps
01-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Popps not anything to argue over but in a society like today it would be good to talk about flowers since they die so fast and money is getting harder to get. Sure they are nice but once all is done you can buy a freakin rose bush. Romance is nice but it all ends up who you are not what you can buy.

Flowers can generally be had at a reasonable price, though they do jack them up a little on V-day, of course.

But, even as a kid, I scraped together the money to buy flowers for a girl on major event-days. (And even better, for no reason at all.)

Very cheap, and let's just say it always seemed to pay me back. :)

But, like I said... with most decent women, it really is the thought behind it. Doesn't have to be flowers... could be candy, a stuffed animal, a mix CD, whatever.

Broncochica
01-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Ok...Chica and I just posted the same thoughts at the same time! Scary!!!

LOL ^5 :egbgb:

Broncochica
01-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Flowers can generally be had at a reasonable price, though they do jack them up a little on V-day, of course.

But, even as a kid, I scraped together the money to buy flowers for a girl on major event-days. (And even better, for no reason at all.)

But, like I said... with most decent women, it really is the thought behind it. Doesn't have to be flowers... could be candy, a stuffed animal, a mix CD, whatever.

LOL Man your good! :giggle:

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Best advise I got it just treat it like a normal V-day dinner and a gift then find a way to get a dozen roses scattered on her bed in about a month (cheap from wal-mart) for a surprise. I did that for my wife before we were even engaged and she loved it (and i dont even remember the month i did that) along with a good card. V-day is any day you want it remember that. The best days to hit with a killer day is a day they dont know is coming.

Sassy
01-22-2009, 11:11 PM

:thumbsup:
Except on the candy...if she's watching her weight or diabetic you might want to skip that part!

Sassy
01-22-2009, 11:12 PM
LOL Man your good! :giggle:

Ok...so our posts were a minute apart! LOL!....too funny! :notworthy

Hey Chica...after all this he'd better listen to us and Popps! 8')

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 11:12 PM

I tripled her diamond size (for band and engagement) at Christmas Im free this year. ;D

Broncochica
01-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Best advise I got it just treat it like a normal V-day dinner and a gift then find a way to get a dozen roses scattered on her bed in about a month (cheap from wal-mart) for a surprise. I did that for my wife before we were even engaged and she loved it (and i dont even remember the month i did that) along with a good card. V-day is any day you want it remember that. The best days to hit with a killer day is a day they dont know is coming.

LOL This also sounds good, guys are getting better with ideas & advice! :thumbsup:

Popps
01-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I tripled her diamond size (for band and engagement) at Christmas Im free this year. ;D

:D

Nice work. I was thinking of doing that for our 5 year aniv.

Broncochica
01-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok...so our posts were a minute apart! LOL!....too funny! :notworthy

Hey Chica...after all this he'd better listen to us and Popps! 8')

LOL If he's a smart man he will! ROFL! :~ohyah!:

Broncochica
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
I just find it funny that this topic has 7 pages already! :rofl:

montrose
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow, I had no idea this thread would garner this much attention. I'm speechless. I've read every post on here and will take them all into consideration. To clarify a few things, she is definitly not the type to expect anything like this. She'd be fine with just hanging out for the day and that's it, however I've done some cool things in the past so she'll at least recognize I didn't try as hard as I could've. I don't think she's going to expect these things for the rest of her life, in fact she specifically said that to me at one point. But she did say that she finds these things special and that if we do eventually get married, we can look back on them down the road and smile. I guess a lot of this is for me, this relationship has been like a dream for me so far and these are all things I've wanted to do for a long time but never had anyone to share them with. I'm not sure I'll be doing everything on this list I gave, but I'd like to make the day mean something very special. So thank you to everyone for their input. Again, I read every post and will take a lot of this into consideration in my relationship. Thanks guys.

P.S. The sex thing isn't an agreement but rather two personal decisions we both had long before we met. I'm not going to get into her choice for obvious reasons (catch the Shanahan reference?) but for me it was just a feeling. I had chances in high school and college (almost did it once) but it never felt right for me and after time I decided that I wanted to wait until I was married and it was my hope that my wife would've made the same decision. Luckily I found someone I truly care for who has the same values I do (no alcohol or pre-maritial sex yet non-religious). If things don't work out I'll certainly be saddened but I'll have no regrets as she and I move on with our lives. I would never judge someone else's life choices but I'm very happy with mine and I wouldn't change them one bit.

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 11:20 PM
:D

Nice work. I was thinking of doing that for our 5 year aniv.

Holy shiat it is our 5 as well. Wife knew how much i gave up for it and knew the toll but it is far better with her happy and shinning off bling then me not doing enough.

Notice: Un married guys it does go up it always does.

Congratz popps

Popps
01-22-2009, 11:21 PM
LOL If he's a smart man he will! ROFL! :~ohyah!:

;D

Plus, it gets easier as time goes on. Once you get married, a woman is just generally glad to get out of the house and away from the kids for a couple of hours!

It's so funny, my wife feels like a queen when we just go out for dinner and drinks, now. Funny how things change. Have a 2 year old, and you'll never take going out for granted again.

Popps
01-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Holy shiat it is our 5 as well. Wife knew how much i gave up for it and knew the toll but it is far better with her happy and shinning off bling then me not doing enough.

Notice: Un married guys it does go up it always does.

Congratz popps

Well, I have a little ways to go to catch up with you... but congrats to you, first. That's sort of the first big one, imo. So, doing something a little big is in order.

cutthemdown
01-22-2009, 11:26 PM
I can respect waiting to have sex but the facts on sex have been studied. They have found that married couples that waited until they were married reported having less sex 5 yrs after marrying. Also they reported to enjoy sex less then couples who had previous sexual partners.

Sex is something you get better at but not all people compatible in the sack.

I do think you run that risk by waiting.

Of course by not waiting you run the risk of getting the wrong girl pregnant, catching a disease etc.

lazarus4444
01-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Make sure you bring a condom as she might say screw the waiting after a day like that ;)

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Well, I have a little ways to go to catch up with you... but congrats to you, first. That's sort of the first big one, imo. So, doing something a little big is in order.

Yea bro it is thank god for a job and a zales account. In the past we just got us gifts but i tolled up at Christmas and did it. I have nothing extra but rolled the dice for her and for putting up with a prick like me she deserved it. Guys just dating dont have a clue. If you are lucky enough to hae your woman for like 7 years do what you need too.

SouthStndJunkie
01-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Sex is fun and should be had as often as possible.

Throw out any deeper meaning that you think it holds....that will go away after your first time.

Don't be a procrastinator.

This is good solid advice....straight from the south stands.

Arkansas Bronco
01-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I do wanna know one thing, I do believe in god and I did it ( had sex) what is it that makes you wait?

Dark Helmet
01-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Going out to eat twice on the same day is a little much. The couples massage/spa is a good idea.

Jason in LA
01-23-2009, 01:07 AM
(no alcohol or pre-maritial sex)

Wow, you guys suck.

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2009, 01:23 AM

exactly, after all that work, if you are just dropping her off at night, you did something wrong or chickened out and didn't make your move.

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2009, 01:37 AM
WAY over the top...

exactly, save it for when she catches you cheating on her with her sister or mom.

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2009, 01:42 AM

Copping a feel, all that he better be tapping that ass that night.

i am really glad my gf doesn't come onto this site, or Montrose would have royally screwed me for Valentine's Day

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2009, 01:46 AM
So you have not yet scored with her ??? If this does not work, kick her to the curb and hang out with the single guys next year.

hell, if he doesn't get laid with her, find a few single friends head out to a bar, and pick up the single ladies whose friends all are out with their boyfriends and nail her.

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Like I've said a couple times now, he's setting the bar to high for himself.

yeah. 2 years from now he's going to get her flowers a nice dinner, and a show and she is going to think he is lowballing her.

TheReverend
01-23-2009, 05:38 AM
We should have a twilight zone subforum for threads like this.

TheReverend
01-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Sorry for not responding earlier, I was pounding a ham wallet last night. No one else pointed out that this is still 3 weeks away? Imagine the detail that's still coming!

Your choice is definitely your choice and should be respected, Montrose.

...but WTF are you thinking?!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/theirishgoon/hilarious.jpg

dbfan21
01-23-2009, 06:41 AM

If you really want to be over the top, I'd mix your stuff up a bit.

1.) Do not show up with flowers and candy - either surprise her with a room in your house that has flowers already in it (don't use gay ass red roses, use a colorful mixture from a good flower shop) and skip the candy.

2.) Olive Garden sounds like an odd place for a favorite restaurant, but whatever, go for it. Good "chick flicks" = The Notebook, Love Actually, umm I'm sure there's others but you can't go wrong with either of those. Personally, I think you're spending a hell of a lot of time together for just looking at the car without driving it, but that's me.

3.) I would skip the gift and make the card extra creative. The card shouldn't just be something lame like Happy Valentines day, go out of the way to grab little things you can glue in there, make stick figures, whatever, women love creativity. Unless you have been dating a significant amount of time, a gift on top of the spa treatment, dinner, the horse carriage ride, damn forgot about lunch, is waaaaay overboard and in my experience, is an easy way to lose someone especially if you haven't been dating for years.

So there you go.... good thing I'm bored =). And honestly, some of this stuff would be overboard if you're not SERIOUSLY committed already. If you are not at that point, you are overburdening her and need to take it down a few tones. My 2 cents.

I have been married for almost 8 years and I am the consummate romantic. But I am in full agreeance with mr007 on this (except for the divorce thoughts and romantic as drying paint comments).

Anyway, being funny and original is the best way to go. Like 007 said, chicks like creativity and thoughtfulness....a homemade card is ten times more meaningful to a woman than the $6.00 one you'd buy at Hallmark. Drop the candy. They never eat it because of the weight they'd gain after chowing down. And don't lay it on too thick...just be genuine and authentic with your words. Maybe a cute poem...one that doesn't start with 'Roses are red, violets are blue" or "There once was a man from Nantucket". Don't make the movie a tearjerker eaither. You don't want her bawling her eyes out on the couch. Find a romantic comedy that puts her in a good mood. 50 First Dates, How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Notting Hill. Even Fever Pitch would be funny b/c of the Jimmy Fallon's love of the Sox is like your affinity for the Broncos.

The couple's massage, the carriage ride, the dinner...all great stuff - very romantic. But sprinkle some funniness in there and you'll be perfect. Just remember, it must come from the heart to truly make an impression on her!

Have fun!

zdoor
01-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Take her dancing after dinner. If you don't know how to dance learn.

No quicker why to sweep a woman off her feet....

goldengopher1976
01-23-2009, 07:49 AM
I can respect waiting to have sex but the facts on sex have been studied. They have found that married couples that waited until they were married reported having less sex 5 yrs after marrying. Also they reported to enjoy sex less then couples who had previous sexual partners.

Sex is something you get better at but not all people compatible in the sack.

I do think you run that risk by waiting.

Of course by not waiting you run the risk of getting the wrong girl pregnant, catching a disease etc.

Not sure what studies you were reading, but the majority of studies I've looked at report just the opposite. This site isn't necessarily the place for a protracted debate about the studies, so I'll simply add this:

My wife and I waited.
We're happy.
The sex is great.
We've been married almost nine years.

I don't think you need to "test drive".
I agree with those who say "pace yourself". In general, it's great advice. However, this one awesome date won't ruin the rest as long as you can both keep perspective about time/place/circumstance.
Enjoy it. My wife and I had a similar date before marriage (she lost the diamond earrings I gave her that day) and we remember it fondly (and without the need to out-do it every year).

Willynowei
01-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Wow, I had no idea this thread would garner this much attention. I'm speechless. I've read every post on here and will take them all into consideration. To clarify a few things, she is definitly not the type to expect anything like this. She'd be fine with just hanging out for the day and that's it, however I've done some cool things in the past so she'll at least recognize I didn't try as hard as I could've. I don't think she's going to expect these things for the rest of her life, in fact she specifically said that to me at one point. But she did say that she finds these things special and that if we do eventually get married, we can look back on them down the road and smile. I guess a lot of this is for me, this relationship has been like a dream for me so far and these are all things I've wanted to do for a long time but never had anyone to share them with. I'm not sure I'll be doing everything on this list I gave, but I'd like to make the day mean something very special. So thank you to everyone for their input. Again, I read every post and will take a lot of this into consideration in my relationship. Thanks guys.

P.S. The sex thing isn't an agreement but rather two personal decisions we both had long before we met. I'm not going to get into her choice for obvious reasons (catch the Shanahan reference?) but for me it was just a feeling. I had chances in high school and college (almost did it once) but it never felt right for me and after time I decided that I wanted to wait until I was married and it was my hope that my wife would've made the same decision. Luckily I found someone I truly care for who has the same values I do (no alcohol or pre-maritial sex yet non-religious). If things don't work out I'll certainly be saddened but I'll have no regrets as she and I move on with our lives. I would never judge someone else's life choices but I'm very happy with mine and I wouldn't change them one bit.

Dude she's your first, its natural. In today's world, not enough people practice what you and your girlfriend have commited to, don't let the cynics discourage you; they all got burned at some point, probably because they ignored the warnings on a messed up girl because she had a nice ass.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, suprising her on the days where she's not expecting it can help your case out more. So if this is costing you an arm and a leg, it would be more meaningful if you were more creative with your use of resources. Personally i don't like the idea of fancy restaurants too often, unless thats well within your budget or if she REALLY likes that kind of stuff. Because you don't want things to be unoriginal. Does she like horses? If so, maybe horseback riding would be better than the spa + horse carriage, because thats a lot different and can be alot of fun; and it doesn't stink the way a carriage does.

No one's asked this, but what is your budget? Maybe this date is a very modest one for someone of your income level, then that changes things. If you're just out of college and in debt, then assuming she's a good girl, the thought and care is what counts, so you shouldn't need so many fancy things with the spa, the horse carriage and two meals - one of them at a real high end restaurant (i assume?). Has she ever told you that she LOVES a certain type of food? a certain band? If you do something for her that relates to something she mentioned at some point when you guys were together then that counts a lot because it tells her you listened, were thoughtful and planned ahead.

Breaker
01-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Valentines day is a bs contrived holiday with absolutely no true meaning. If you have to have a special day to say "I love you" and then show the person that you do, then you are probably not going to be in a relationship for very long.

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Wow, you guys suck.
Hey!

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/16/yousuckfx1.jpg

Cutler4Life
01-23-2009, 08:22 AM
7 pages? wow. Anyway, I am not going to comment on your decisions, that is your personal choice and I respect that. You sound like a pretty good guy.

As a single woman let me give you my idea of what women are fundamentally looking for, someone who treats them well. In life the best thing we can do is treat people the way we would like to be treated (presuming most people just want kindness and consideration for their needs). We like thoughtfulness and kindness and humor a lot (I do at any rate)

What you are planning sounds very sweet and I don't know any girl who would not like that, unless it was like a 2nd date at which point we might think it was way over the top and a little bit stalkerish. But if you two are pretty serious and stuff that sounds nice.

As for movies which you asked about, chick flicks are fine, but you will find a lot of them are too sacharine or idiotic and I don't know about your girlfriend, but I don't necessarily find those that great sometimes. What kind of movies does she acutally like because she may not be into chick flicks. Pick a film you both might enjoy and probably a comedy because drama might be too much of a downer and action and horror and those things just get tend to up the adrenaline which is just not a good thing given both of your desires to stay the course til marriage.

Here are my film suggestions:
1. If she likes classic films (40s black and white stuff): Casablanca is a great dramatic Romance. Comedy wise: hard to go wrong with Bringing Up Baby or His Girl Friday or It Happened One Night. Romantic in funny zany ways.
2. If she's a more modern gal, but enjoys some good throw back 80s films: Sixteen Candles is always a favorite romantic film or even Can't Buy Me Love (Patrick Dempsey Pre-McDreamy phase) is cute. My personal favorite is a John Cusack film called Sure Thiing (funny and surprisingly sweet). Princess Bride is always a winner as far as I am concerned as well.
3. Newish stuff: you could try a Bromance which is essentially guy romances for guys and girls (those however tend to be cruder), But Forgetting Sarah Marshall is funny, just be unsurprised by both male and female nudity); 13 Going on 30 is cute, but really, really a girl movie. Kevin Smith makes some very funny movies, but they are kind of vulgar if you don't like that kind of thing.

Fundamentally though what WillyNowei said above is pretty spot on if you taylor the date to things you know she likes it shows thoughtfulness more then just generic romantic gestures. And thoughtfulness is really what we do want. You don't have to make grand romantic gestures, just thoughtful ones that show you listen.

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 08:37 AM

Thats what I thought too, man i gotta dirty mind.

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 08:39 AM
First of all, this thread is one of the best threads ever.

Now that I've said that, my advice to you Montrose is that this is too much for several reasons.

There isn't enough time. You guys are going to be rushed trying to get from place to place. If you feel too much like you guys are on an schedule it could kill a lot of the romance.
I tend to agree with others that this is too much for no payoff. I don't mean payoff for you. I obviously get the no sex thing. I mean for her. If you're not proposing it seems like a lot. You mentioned she will be suspicious if you don't do this which brings me to my third point.
You're going to spoil her. I know couples say this to each other and it's cute but it's actually not cool. With the bar so high, you're going to have hire Cirque Du Soleil for when you actually do propose. Also remember that if you do something like this too much, each subsequent time it becomes less special and the standard. The romance in these events will fade out over time.
My one and only question is what about you? I think there seems to be a lot of giving and not a lot of receiving, and I don't mean sex. I believe in being "equally yoked" as it were, and you should both feel like you're needs are being satisfied. I'm not talking about sex because you both don't want that. Their are other ways to treat each other. Yes, V-day is for girls, but you should not be without some return affection in some measure.
Make sure she likes carriage rides. Amy hates the smell horse and horse poo and thinks they're overrated.

All in all it sounds fun and you definitely want to show this girl you love her. I think that's great. I also think you can do things just as "sweet" without breaking the bank. Sometimes less really is more.

I've only been married a few weeks and already some things surprise me. When I try to turn my wife on with "things" she appreciates them but not like I'd thought. Last week I cleaned the whole house largely because I got bored. When she came home and saw she was all over me. I was all "WTF?" Yesterday she came to have lunch with me at work. It was simple but really great and we felt really close when we were done. It's just a good example of how its not always the "obvious" things that can work sometimes. I'm not suggesting you just clean her car for Valentines, but maybe think outside the box and simplify a bit so you have more time for romance and less of an itinerary.;)

Beej
01-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey montrose,

There's some really good advice in this thread, in particular from The Dave, orangeandblueblooded, Popps, and the ladies. Jason in LA has some words of wisdom, too, even if you don't want to think about there being a possibility of another guy, it's happened, and I've been there and bought the T-shirt.

Anyway, my advice would be to make the date nice, skip the spa and the carriage, and try something more original, like renting a new Vette and take her for a ride someplace you both like. Whatever you do, plan everything, lead her on the adventure and don't tell her what's coming next.

Movie advice? Wall-e, trust me on this one.

Oh, and if she needs an idea for a gift for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xElIik0Ys0

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=Kaylore;2264516]
Make sure she likes carriage rides. Amy hates the smell horse and horse poo and thinks they're overrated.

QUOTE]

That reminds me of that Seinfield episode when Cramers a horse carriage ride tour guide and his horse cant stop passing gas. I love that episode.

Rohirrim
01-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Two words: Vacuum cleaner. :thumbs:

Cutler4Life
01-23-2009, 08:59 AM

Now that I've said that, my advice to you Montrose is that this is too much for several reasons.

There isn't enough time. You guys are going to be rushed trying to get from place to place. If you feel too much like you guys are on an schedule it could kill a lot of the romance.
I tend to agree with others that this is too much for no payoff. I don't mean payoff for you. I obviously get the no sex thing. I mean for her. If you're not proposing it seems like a lot. You mentioned she will be suspicious if you don't do this which brings me to my third point.
You're going to spoil her. I know couples say this to each other and it's cute but it's actually not cool. With the bar so high, you're going to have hire Cirque Du Soleil for when you actually do propose. Also remember that if you do something like this too much, each subsequent time it becomes less special and the standard. The romance in these events will fade out over time.
My one and only question is what about you? I think there seems to be a lot of giving and not a lot of receiving, and I don't mean sex. I believe in being "equally yoked" as it were, and you should both feel like you're needs are being satisfied. I'm not talking about sex because you both don't want that. Their are other ways to treat each other. Yes, V-day is for girls, but you should not be without some return affection in some measure.

All in all it sounds fun and you definitely want to show this girl you love her. I think that's great. I also think you can do things just as "sweet" without breaking the bank. Sometimes less really is more.

I've only been married a few weeks and already some things surprise me. When I try to turn my wife on with "things" she appreciates them but not like I'd thought. Last week I cleaned the whole house largely because I got bored. When she came home and saw she was all over me. I was all "WTF?" Yesterday she came to have lunch with me at work. It was simple but really great and we felt really close when we were done. It's just a good example of how its not always the "obvious" things that can work sometimes. I'm not suggesting you just clean her car for Valentines, but maybe think outside the box and simplify a bit so you have more time for romance and less of an itinerary.;)

That is totally it. God, a guy who cleans is so much hotter then a guy who once a year buys me candy. Or cooking for her that is also very hot. Got to say, love that. Anyway, Kaylore nailed it completely.

Spider
01-23-2009, 09:04 AM
That is totally it. God, a guy who cleans is so much hotter then a guy who once a year buys me candy. Or cooking for her that is also very hot. Got to say, love that. Anyway, Kaylore nailed it completely.

I clean .................... ok not really ;D I am one of those guys that misses the hamper every now and then ......

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Ya really Kaylore, who are you, the Ladies Man ? and Kaylore is your disguse?

I think they made a movie about you. I am glad you stopped seducing many woman, and picked one to settle down with.

Haha I am just kidding, but you are all knowing and seem to give good advice.

Cutler4Life
01-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I clean .................... ok not really ;D I am one of those guys that misses the hamper every now and then ......

well ya know, sometimes clothes just end up whereever you are um, oh nevermind, bad me, bad...:wiggle:

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=Miss Independent;2264493]

As a single woman let me give you my idea of what women are fundamentally looking for, someone who treats them well. In life the best thing we can do is treat people the way we would like to be treated (presuming most people just want kindness and consideration for their needs). We like thoughtfulness and kindness and humor a lot (I do at any rate)

QUOTE]

Except there is one thing nobody will tell you. You cant make a woman happy. Hahah, watch this Chris Rock video that will explain it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQyz_aecNc

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Ya really Kaylore, who are you, the Ladies Man ? and Kaylore is your disguse?

I think they made a movie about you. I am glad you stopped seducing many woman, and picked one to settle down with.

Haha I am just kidding, but you are all knowing and seem to give good advice.

Yikes! Wow. Ok, thanks. I'm certainly not "a ladies man" that's for sure. But I do know what works for me. I did manage to land a hot wife, though. :wiggle:

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Yikes! Wow. Ok, thanks. I'm certainly not "a ladies man" that's for sure. But I do know what works for me. I did manage to land a hot wife, though. :wiggle:

Good for you, I hope I can land a hot wife as well. I will start taking notes.

no-pseudo-fan
01-23-2009, 09:50 AM

Kaylore when you are newly married, your wife is usually all over you. Once you been married for a while, things are much different. You have to come up with new ways to keep that fire burning.

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Kaylore when you are newly married, your wife is usually all over you. Once you been married for a while, things are much different. You have to come up with new ways to keep that fire burning.

No doubt. My favorite quote was from Broncosteven. It was something to the effect of "I'm a fourty year old man. I have less sex than a priest."

no-pseudo-fan
01-23-2009, 10:00 AM
No doubt. My favorite quote was from Broncosteven. It was something to the effect of "I'm a fourty year old man. I have less sex than a priest."

Well it all depends on what your definition of sex is.ROFL!

goldengopher1976
01-23-2009, 10:10 AM

After 8+ years of marriage, I can affirm that there is almost no foreplay quite like cleaning the house. My wife calls it "porno for women".

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
After 8+ years of marriage, I can affirm that there is almost no foreplay quite like cleaning the house. My wife calls it "porno for women".

Hmmmm, maybe no-psuedo-fan just doesn't clean enough. :D

gunns
01-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Two words: Vacuum cleaner. :thumbs:

Reading these posts I am just amazed at how many of you guys equate sex with the amount of money you spend on us. I think we women have figured that out and you married guys can put two and two together and figure out why you aren't getting much sex. Use that damn vacuum cleaner on yourself on Valentines Day! ;D

You sound like a sweetheart Montrose, but that is a bit much for Valentines Day. Cut it in half. I wish you good luck in your romantic life.

Arkansas Bronco
01-23-2009, 10:23 AM

Im not hijacking this but I need to tell Kaylor to keep this up. Me and my wife meet once a week for lunch just to relax and talk. You may not see the benefit yet but once you have kids it sometimes is one of the few chances you have to spend some one on one time with nothing to bother ya.

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2009, 10:25 AM

That's funny....I find it sexy when a woman cooks and cleans.

baja
01-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Follow your heart Montrose. In these matters it is best to follow your own plan and it is a great one.

gunns
01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Last week I cleaned the whole house largely because I got bored.

OMG, that made me horny!

Hint: cooking for us does the same thing, no matter how it turns out.

Arkansas Bronco
01-23-2009, 10:30 AM
OMG, that made me horny!

Does calling Pizza Hut for delivery do the same ???

montrose
01-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm more proud of this thread than anything I've created in my whole life! Ok that may be a bit of a stretch. :) After some thought I've reshuffled some things a bit:

We're still going to do the spa in the morning. I actually want to do this myself as I have a lot of back pain from my playing days and a really good massage does me very well. She'll enjoy it too, but in all honesty - this was actually something more for me (and getting to see her in a bathing suit is kind of a bonus). The massage, hot tub and steam room came as a package deal; with the economy down I figured all that for $100 was a real bargain. Instead of going out to the Olive Garden, we're going to have an inside-picnic lunch at my apartment with sandwiches, chips, etc. Figuring we'll be tired by that point, we're going to lie down and take a nap with a movie on in the background. That should give us plenty of time to rest. I've cut out the carriage ride, and we're just going to go down to the restaurant for dinner and afterwards head to Gunther Toody's for milkshakes which is her favorite desert.

I think this would carry the same thought and meaning but come across as a little less intense. You guys should've seen my original plan a few weeks ago when I wanted to head up to Maroon Bells! I decided against that because I'd like to propose there (or at the top of Vail or Monarch).

Anyhow, thanks for all of the good advice. I'll try to recap everything for you guys on how it goes!

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Does calling Pizza Hut for delivery do the same ???

pretty much

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2009, 11:26 AM
OMG, that made me horny!

Cooking and cleaning, DAAAAAMN! 2 things I do very well. Kinda have to 'cause no one else will do it for me and I hate a dirty abode...

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Like the toned down version much better. Especially because you are including something that is a favorite of hers. The milkshake. My wife has little things she loves. So I get them for her every now and then. I also take mental notes of stuff she mentions that she would like to do. But since they are mental I forget a lot!

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 11:32 AM
I must say that giving yourself blue balls is irresponsible, masocistic, and warranting of loss of man card privlidges. Why tease yourself, wanting to see her in a bathing suit? Its just uneccessary if you can't see her out of it later that night.

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Hmmmm, maybe no-psuedo-fan just doesn't clean enough. :D

Or he cleans too much, so its not as special.

You gotta leave it a little dirty, so you can clean once and awhile and its a big difference and makes you look better.

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm more proud of this thread than anything I've created in my whole life! Ok that may be a bit of a stretch. :) After some thought I've reshuffled some things a bit:

We're still going to do the spa in the morning. I actually want to do this myself as I have a lot of back pain from my playing days and a really good massage does me very well. She'll enjoy it too, but in all honesty - this was actually something more for me (and getting to see her in a bathing suit is kind of a bonus). The massage, hot tub and steam room came as a package deal; with the economy down I figured all that for $100 was a real bargain. Instead of going out to the Olive Garden, we're going to have an inside-picnic lunch at my apartment with sandwiches, chips, etc. Figuring we'll be tired by that point, we're going to lie down and take a nap with a movie on in the background. That should give us plenty of time to rest. I've cut out the carriage ride, and we're just going to go down to the restaurant for dinner and afterwards head to Gunther Toody's for milkshakes which is her favorite desert.

I think this would carry the same thought and meaning but come across as a little less intense. You guys should've seen my original plan a few weeks ago when I wanted to head up to Maroon Bells! I decided against that because I'd like to propose there (or at the top of Vail or Monarch).

Anyhow, thanks for all of the good advice. I'll try to recap everything for you guys on how it goes!

You sound like a fine young cannible, errr, man. Just be yourself, give from the heart, let her know you love her, and all will be well.

Just don't let her take advantage of you and remember relationships are work, with each person giving 100%.

:sunshine:

Rohirrim
01-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Reading these posts I am just amazed at how many of you guys equate sex with the amount of money you spend on us. I think we women have figured that out and you married guys can put two and two together and figure out why you aren't getting much sex. Use that damn vacuum cleaner on yourself on Valentines Day! ;D

You sound like a sweetheart Montrose, but that is a bit much for Valentines Day. Cut it in half. I wish you good luck in your romantic life.

Must have touched a tender spot. ;D

With my wife, it's very simple. I say, "Hey. How about a poke?" And she hits me with some kind of implement. True romance. ;)

Kaylore
01-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Or he cleans too much, so its not as special.

You gotta leave it a little dirty, so you can clean once and awhile and its a big difference and makes you look better.

So the slobness sets up the sexiness. I like, I like...

no-pseudo-fan
01-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I clean, and I cook. I am getting screwed, and not in a good way. I am officially on STRIKE!!!

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Not all woman go for Money, just some of them.

The Big E
01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but I wonder why you would think married guys would have any more of a clue about this. I know I'm still in the dark.

A few years ago a group of 4 of us married guys from work went out together to find Valentine's gifts for our ladies. We returned 2 hours later with nothing. Very pathetic.

Peoples Champ
01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but I wonder why you would think married guys would have any more of a clue about this. I know I'm still in the dark.

A few years ago a group of 4 of us married guys from work went out together to find Valentine's gifts for our ladies. We returned 2 hours later with nothing. Very pathetic.

Thats because you cant ever please a woman. Chris Rock will explain below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQyz_aecNc

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2009, 01:06 PM
My wife was elated that I picked her up a book of stamps at the credit union today.

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
My wife was elated that I picked her up a book of stamps at the credit union today.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/09/ceo_socnet/image/burger-king.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I am getting some fo sho!

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Wake Up With The King!

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I am getting some fo sho!

we'll want a full report

broncocalijohn
01-23-2009, 01:12 PM
I didnt read anything but the last few responses on page 9. All I needed to know was the phrase , "OK, I am putting the finishing touches on Valentines Day...." and wondering why you are worrying about something that isnt more than 3 weeks away. Then I figured that you werent married and therefore trying waaaay too hard. I hate Valentines Day.

Meck77
01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow 9 pages. Move over Dr. Phil the Omane has it covered!

theAPAOps5
01-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow 9 pages. Move over Dr. Phil the Omane has it covered!

Crime rates and mental institution commitals would skyrocket if Omane had its own show.

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2009, 01:28 PM
we'll want a full report

It's been damn near a week since I have gotten any....feels like I am carrying a pound of combustible C4 plastic in my pants.

bronco militia
01-23-2009, 01:29 PM
It's been damn near a week since I have gotten any....feels like I am carrying a pound of combustible C4 plastic in my pants.

make Peter North proud

Ha!

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2009, 01:31 PM
If I were in NYC, I might be arrested for carrying a loaded and concealed weapon.

Weapon of ass destruction!

footstepsfrom#27
01-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I always do something cool for my wife on Valentines cuz she deserves it. This year I'm doing a Mimosa and strawberries picnic brunch down at Turtle Creek, which is the cool park that runs through the fancy mansions of Highland Park in Dallas. Then the art museum and dinner that night at this cool Brazilian steak house but I'm making her a hand made gift basket that I got stashed at a buddies house. She likes music boxes so I found this cool vintage one from 1940 that's in perfect condition. I got it in the gift basket with roses, wine...some other goodies...and she gets it at dinner with the waiter bringing it to the table.

I got reservations at a great hotel for the night and not a kid in sight. ;D

footstepsfrom#27
01-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Not true. I come up with stellar stuff every year. :thumbs:

Vladimir
01-24-2009, 07:10 AM

I am laughing at my desk here at work. Very funny m8

Sassy
01-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Bump for entertainment purposes :devil:

broncosteven
01-25-2009, 09:21 PM

If that falls through:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2263811&postcount=54

Cutler4Life
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
If that falls through:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2263811&postcount=54

I like her philosophy actually. I am good with that.

broncosteven
01-25-2009, 09:27 PM
I like her philosophy actually. I am good with that.

sirhcyennek81 is a guy.

Cutler4Life
01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
sirhcyennek81 is a guy.

okay I like his philosophy then. oops. I always tell my friend Dan I have a 15 year old boy's brain in a girl's body, well except I do like guys most of the time..

Kaylore
01-26-2009, 08:11 AM
okay I like his philosophy then. oops. I always tell my friend Dan I have a 15 year old boy's brain in a girl's body, well except I do like guys most of the time..

And you probably don't masterbate every day.

TheReverend
01-26-2009, 08:22 AM
And you probably don't masterbate 20 times every day.

Fixed. She said 15.

Cutler4Life
01-26-2009, 08:28 AM
And you probably don't masterbate every day.

I plead the 5th or I drank a 5th, can't remember. :D I think I am the gutless drunk dang.

Kaylore
01-26-2009, 09:46 AM
I plead the 5th or I drank a 5th, can't remember. :D I think I am the gutless drunk dang.

:o

Cutler4Life
01-26-2009, 09:57 AM
:o

Did I shock you Kaylore, oh dear.

Truth be told I am a good Catholic girl, I am not allowed to do the aforementioned activity. ROFL!

24champ
02-03-2009, 03:15 PM
This would be a good present to give her Montrose...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/N3TJFyah3jhtljy65cUqOf3Xo1_500.jpg

Kaylore
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Truth be told I am a good Catholic girl, I am not allowed to do the aforementioned activity. ROFL!

I dated a Catholic school girl my senior year in High School. It's a FRONT!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000J2GCRE.01-A2Y624Y5TXKSKI._SCLZZZZZZZ_V40841499_.jpg

Archer81
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM

<---Good Catholic boy...20x a day and I CAN STILL SEE! FR. Kennedy Lied to ME!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHilarious!

Sassy
02-11-2009, 05:15 AM
bump

El Guapo
02-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Has anyone demanded pics of said female yet?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-11-2009, 07:53 AM

Looks good. Hope she invites you in.

Movie: "Once." Do it.

oubronco
02-11-2009, 07:58 AM

LOL ROFL!

RaiderH8r
02-11-2009, 08:13 AM

Alright, here's the run down on what this married guy's V-Day is shaping up to look like.

Morning-Sleep in? Horse****, not when you've got super toddler who's engine kicks off every morning at 6 am on the dot. And not just any engine, the boy's supercharged, turbo powered, full on v-12. The boy lays rubber as soon as his footied feet touch the ground. That means we're off and running.

Later Morning-I'm elbow deep in making breakfast for the family. Ham and cheese omelet for the boy. Done. Fruit dishes and whole grain toast for all. Done. Yogurt for mom. Done. Short stack of blueberry pancakes. Bet your sweet ass baby that's done too. Oh, and toss a round of OJ and milk in there.

Late morning-Honey-dos. That's right, "honey do this, honey do that." This weekend it's cabinetry. F'ing A I love cabinetry. It's my second favorite thing to do behind sticking a hot fondue fork up my pee hole.

Noon-Lunch. Repeat breakfast routine with different ****.

Early afternoon-Drop cabinetry, take family to park for ****s and giggles. Seriously though, this part I do enjoy...if the f'ing weather holds out. Christ, I'm in my office right now and it's 60 and sunny. I'm fairly certain by Saturday it will be 38 and raining. God has a ****ty sense of humor.

Early afternoon plan B-Cabinetry and try to run some energy and cabin fever out of the boy.

Mid afternoon-Hoping we're at the park, if not I'll be doing cabinetry and renouncing my faith. The boy should be down for a nap soon at which time I may try to cash in my cabinetry sex chip. Possible porking.

Late afternoon-Boy's up. I've renounced cabinetry and I'm calling a f'ing pro. I went to college and **** so I wouldn't have to do this crap for a living. I suck at it. I'm playing with the boy who now knows how to play a game called throw.

Early evening-Dinner. Yep. Same as before. I have dishes to do as well. F'ing A but not before we play with the boy. After dinner he burps and farts and we all have a laugh...well, by we I mean me and the boy. His mother hates that I encourage him but it's funny to watch him fart and giggle...just like me.

Mid Evening-Bath time, he's his mother's now because this is when dad gets to clean up the kitchen and pick up toys even though his back is begging for mercy. Dad roots around the medicine cabinet for that emergency stash of percocet he keeps for just such an occasion. Things are looking up.

Evening-Feeling good, feeling fine. Time to shower and get right. The back is better and I'm all wavy gravy and loosey goosey. Grandpa's coming over to listen to the monitor. Dad's taking mom out to a friend's house for a mass dinner where dad won't have to do jack or **** except drink the wine, eat the food, make a sweet comment on love and all that other hokey **** from time to time.

Night time-Bed. No sex. No messing about, I'm f'ing exhausted and 6 am is a mere 5 hours away. Oh, that's right, I don't ever get to sleep before 1 am because I'm a retard.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

The moral of this story is; bring rubbers and don't do some stupid f'ing thing like propose.

Think you can handle that boyo?

RaiderH8r
02-11-2009, 08:18 AM

You are not master of your domain.

24champ
02-14-2009, 11:19 AM

:wave:

RMT
02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
spend the money on something tangible that lasts - not flowers, candy, or dinner.

valentine's day is a day of extortion for women to get stuff anyway. worst holiday of the year.

broncosteven
02-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Is the dude that started this thread home searching for Internets porn to jerk it to?

OABB
02-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Is the dude that started this thread home searching for Internets porn to jerk it to?

no. he's busy justifying his virginity to his star wars action figures.