Pages : 1 [2]

NFLBRONCO
04-20-2009, 11:17 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Prospect-Comparisons.php

Prospect Comparisons

I hope we land Larry English

cmhargrove
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I have seen Maybin on several Mocks at the 18 spot.

Please, please, please sweet little seven pound baby Jesus...
Please don't let us draft Aaron Maybin in the first round.

Please, baby Jesus, pleeeeeeasse...

SouthStndJunkie
04-20-2009, 11:24 AM
I have seen Maybin on several Mocks at the 18 spot.

Please, please, please sweet little seven pound baby Jesus...
Please don't let us draft Aaron Maybin in the first round.

Please, baby Jesus, pleeeeeeasse...

I agree....pass on Aaron Maybin.

SouthStndJunkie
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Laurinaitis: “I Think They Realize What They’re Getting”

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 20, 2009, 1:56 p.m. EDT

Ohio State inside linebacker James Laurinaitis, whose well-known father wrestled under the name “Animal” with The Road Warriors’ championship tag team, has drawn heavy interest from NFL teams, according to Scout.com.

Laurinaitis has taken official visits with the New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans and the Kansas City Chiefs.

The three-time All-American selection conducted private workouts with the Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons and the St. Louis Rams, and held formal interviews with the Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers and the Indianapolis Colts at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Laurinaitis is a past winner of the Nagurski Award, Dick Butkus Award and the Jack Lambert and Ronnie Lott trophies.

He has been projected as a first-day draft pick.

“I’ve talked to a few teams who really want to draft me as the foundation of their defense, and I think they realize what they’re getting when they get me,” Laurinaitis told Scout.com. “They’re getting a hard-working kid who will never take a play off, works extremely hard and will always put the team before him. They’re going to get a guy who sets goals high and who achieves them.

“That’s one thing that I learned from my dad, the day you get satisfied in the way you are as a player, you should just quit because you’re going to start becoming a worse player if you’re satisfied with yourself.”

The 6′2,” 244-pounder has run the 40-yard dash in 4.75 seconds. As a senior, Laurinaitis recorded 130 tackles, four sacks and two interceptions.

SouthStndJunkie
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
I think Laurinaitis is being underrated in this draft.

Broncoman13
04-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Not by me! I'd love to have him in Orange n Blue!!!

Drek
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
He'd be a steal at #48.

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2009, 12:18 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/nfp-draft-value-chart-2/

NFP Draft Value Chart

We posted our final position rankings Monday and now turn our attention to measuring the depth of the draft in our newest value chart. We included a list of our top players from the position rankings and placed them on 10 tiers ranging from rounds one to four, along with intriguing later-round prospects.

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Here is PFW's final Draft value Chart. It is the most accurate through 3 rounds out there. After the top 100 or so, the scheme needs will dictate who goes where.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/value042209.htm

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 06:28 AM

I think you could say that. However, he and the Dan Connor and Paul Posluzny's of the world are very solid starters that you look for if your smart late in the first round. The guy does NOT look like an impact player at the next level, and a First round player should "look like" a potential playmaker at the next level. I think that is why players like Laurinaitis drop to the top of the second. It just depends on how the Elite teams rank their BPA at the end of the first round.

Gcver2ver3
04-22-2009, 06:36 AM

meh...

MagicHef
04-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Anybody heard of this guy?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/Phillip-Hunt.php

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Browns Bailing on Crabtree?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/browns-bailing-on-crabtree/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2009, 11:51 a.m.

As recently as last week, the Browns had a Milk Bone in their pockets for Texas Tech receiver Michael Crabtree.

Now? Not.

According to Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns “have all but crossed off” Crabtree from the draft board.

The problem apparently arose from his visit to Cleveland last week, during which he allegedly brought a “diva attitude” to the Dawg Pound, and that didn’t sit well with a head coach who likes to snub players when he sees them at offseason functions. Allegedly.

Grossi writes that, after Crabtree left, the team lined up eleventh-hour workouts with Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina, Kenny Britt of Rutgers, and Mohamed Massaquoi of Georgia — one or more of whom could be available when the Browns pick in round two.

Are we surprised? Hell no. As we pointed out yesterday, Crabtree’s insistence that he could run a sub-4.4 while injured when he can’t run a sub-4.5 while healthy makes us wonder whether he gets it.

Lost in all this fuss about Crabtree is the reality that the signs are pointing even more strongly to the Browns trading receiver Braylon Edwards.

Of course, there’s a chance that the Browns have opted to bad mouth Crabtree in the hopes of ensuring that no one leap frogs them at No. 5 to get him.

If that’s the case, they’d better be sure that Crabtree is in on the ruse.

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 01:04 PM

Phillip Hunt is a good college player that needs the right place to play in the pros. A team Like TB, INDY, CAR, CHI that uses edge DE's in a one gap attacking scheme might take a shot on him late, but he might be a GREAT UDFA for someone.

Requiem
04-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Mediator, where is your mock draft!?

Elway777
04-22-2009, 02:09 PM

Another undersized defensive end that could make a good 3-4 outside linebacker. I read that he worked out good in linebacker drills and could be a good sleeper pick for Broncos.

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Mediator, where is your mock draft!?

Hey, Req what's up?

I do not do a Mock Draft because they are fruitless to me outside the top 5 picks and even that will change if there is a last minute change or trade. I like to see how others view where players will go, but really I do not even endeavor to do a mock myself.

I love the OM Mock for one team, but to do a 32 team needs analysis and draft philosophy well, I do not have the time! I would rather watch film of players and last season instead.

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Another undersized defensive end that could make a good 3-4 outside linebacker. I read that he worked out good in linebacker drills and could be a good sleeper pick for Broncos.

I heard the exact opposite ;D Don't you love the draft game ROFL!

Seriously though, I heard Hunt struggled turning and was not very fluid in drills.

SouthStndJunkie
04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Crabtree Diss Of Raiders Disappears From NFL.com Chat

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/23/crabtree-diss-of-raiders-disappears-from-nflcom-chat/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2009, 8:43 p.m. EDT

Receiver Michael Crabtree, who is already sounding at times like a guy who at some point will be publicly thanking his hands or doing sit ups in his driveway or nudging traffic cops with a car bumper or all of the above, made another ill-advised comment on Thursday.

The remark came during a live chat on NFL.com. According to RaiderBeat.com, Crabtree had this to say when asked about whether he wants to play for the Raiders (and, apparently, about whether he’s cocky): “I’m not cocky at all,” Crabtree said. “People talk, man, but I’m a cool guy. As for playing for the Raiders, no comment.”

Hmmmmm.

But the odd thing about this one is that the live chat currently contains no such “no comment” comment. But it does, however, contain a subsequent reference to the exchange.

Q: “Why did you say no commit [sic] to playing for the raiders? Does that mean you wouldn’t like to be a raider[?]”

A: “No, I’d like to play for whoever picks me.”

Yeah, right.

We’re starting to get the feeling that, come Saturday, this guy will be sliding like Aaron Rodgers stretching a single into a double on a baseball diamond made of freshly Zambonied ice.

Paladin
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I would like to see a guy sue the NFL to be a FA after the draft. In other words, sue to not be a part of the "draft pool" of players on draft days. That would allow the player to negotiate with whomever he wished. Wouldn't that be a kick?

SouthStndJunkie
04-23-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042409dnsponfltop100.7dd05b.html

NFL draft: Rick Gosselin's Top 100

SouthStndJunkie
04-23-2009, 11:40 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/2009-nfl-draft-favorites-busts/

2009 NFL Draft: Favorites & Busts

SouthStndJunkie
04-24-2009, 11:29 AM
B.J. Raji’s Questionable Work Ethic

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/bj-rajis-questionable-work-ethic/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2009, 10:40 a.m.

Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji dodged a bullet this week when his name didn’t appear on the NFL’s list of players who tested positive for marijuana or other prohibited substances at the Scouting Combine.

But there nevertheless are reasons to wonder about whether he’s got the work ethic to make it in the NFL.

In his profile appearing in the latest issue of Sporting News Today, Raji describes his first job.

“I was a cashier at Kmart,” Raji says. “I was 16, and I would always take double the amount of breaks allowed. It got really boring so I quit.”

Attention, NFL teams. Good luck getting Raji to show up for anything that’s voluntary or optional. And if he says he needs to pinch one off during practice, you probably should time him.

SouthStndJunkie
04-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey dumb ass....it's ok to take double the breaks allowed....but don't tell that to your next potential employer.

SouthStndJunkie
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

ludo21
04-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Only a 2nd rounder now?

Sign me up!

empulse
04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Only a 2nd rounder now?

Sign me up!

I agree; If all I have to do is give the Cards a 2nd round pick and renegotiate Boldins contract, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

As much as I love BMarsh, I really get the feeling that he is a ticking timebomb. And it is only a matter of time before he makes a few very poor descisions that leaves us without him for an extended period of time.

You'd be lucky to find a Boldin-Quality reciever in the 1st round, much less the second. If this report is true, send them our 2nd ;)

SouthStndJunkie
04-24-2009, 01:08 PM
They said 'second round pick and other considerations'....I take that to mean a player or another draft pick as well.

rbackfactory80
04-25-2009, 11:15 AM
If Denver is going into the season with Orton, a running back will be taken in the first round.

SouthStndJunkie
04-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Chiefs Try To Move To No. 20

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/lions-try-to-move-to-no-3/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2009, 2:49 p.m. EDT

Several teams in the top ten are willing to trade down. To date, no offers to trade up have resulted in a deal being consummated.

But the team that just spent $41 million in guaranteed money on quarterback Matthew Stafford has turned down a chance to spend another big chunk of cash.

According to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, the Lions turned down an opportunity to send their second first-round pick (No. 20 overall) and the first pick in round two (No. 33) to the Chiefs for the third overall pick.

The Chiefs made the offer, and it could be proof that the draft trade chart has changed.

Under the current trade chart, there’s a sizable gap. The third pick is worth 2,200 points; No. 20 is worth 850 and No. 33 is worth 580.

That’s a gap of 770 points, which equates to the midpoint of the No. 22 and No. 23 overall picks in the draft.

And the Chiefs were willing to swallow that gap to get out of the three spot.

[Editor’s note: We initially misread this one. We wrote that the Lions made the offer to come up. Instead, the Chiefs made the offer to move down. We apologize for the error. Things are moving too damn fast.]

p7superfly
04-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow... any other rumors?

#3 for #12 and #48?

Get Curry?

Broncojef
04-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Chiefs Try To Move To No. 20

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/lions-try-to-move-to-no-3/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2009, 2:49 p.m. EDT

Several teams in the top ten are willing to trade down. To date, no offers to trade up have resulted in a deal being consummated.

But the team that just spent $41 million in guaranteed money on quarterback Matthew Stafford has turned down a chance to spend another big chunk of cash.

According to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, the Lions turned down an opportunity to send their second first-round pick (No. 20 overall) and the first pick in round two (No. 33) to the Chiefs for the third overall pick.

The Chiefs made the offer, and it could be proof that the draft trade chart has changed.

Under the current trade chart, thereís a sizable gap. The third pick is worth 2,200 points; No. 20 is worth 850 and No. 33 is worth 580.

Thatís a gap of 770 points, which equates to the midpoint of the No. 22 and No. 23 overall picks in the draft.

And the Chiefs were willing to swallow that gap to get out of the three spot.

[Editorís note: We initially misread this one. We wrote that the Lions made the offer to come up. Instead, the Chiefs made the offer to move down. We apologize for the error. Things are moving too damn fast.]

Draft value chart out the window....no one wants to pay that top tier money for slightly above average talent, especially when guy lower in the first/higher in the second may have similar talent for positions they are looking at.

SouthStndJunkie
04-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Draft Could Be Moving To Three Days, Prime Time

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/draft-could-be-moving-to-three-days-prime-time/

Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2009, 10:28 a.m. EDT

The NFL has toyed in the past with the idea of moving the first round of the draft into prime time.

The problem has been the duration of round one. With a process that at times has stretched beyond five or six hours, the picks would begin too early in the west or finish too late in the east. Or both.

But with round one of the 2009 draft coming in at roughly the length of an NFL game, the window is wide open for a cannonball into the prime time pool.

According to the Dallas Morning News (via Chris Littmann of SportingNews.com), the change could come as soon as 2010.

“We’re more confident now, with the timing of the first round, that it can fit a 3Ĺ-hour window,” Goodell said. “We think it can be very appealing from a fan’s standpoint and an audience standpoint.

“We’ll talk to our teams about it. We have to see what impact this would have on them. But I think it has potential.”

And while it had been presumed that a prime-time first round would unfold on Friday night, the league wisely would position it an evening earlier, when the audience is larger. Then, rounds two and three would be conducted on Friday, and the final four rounds would occur on Saturday.

There’s not much to say other than, “We like it. Make it so.”

As to any concerns that viewers of Thursday night network programming would face a dilemma, the prerecorded shows could be recorded, or watched later via the web.

The draft is something that has relevance and interest only as a live event, and we think that the thing would capture not only the Saturday afternoon little league and honey-do crowd but also some of the Super Bowl-only set who find themselves intrigued by the reality show-style drama that unfolds as a kid in his early 20s suddenly gets himself in line to make millions — or watches millions evaporate as he does the unexpected first-round free fall.

Odysseus
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
If Denver is going into the season with Orton, a running back will be taken in the first round.

Congrats!