PDA

View Full Version : WR Coach Fisch to accept offer from U of MN

SpiritGuy
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
The National Football Post has just been informed that former Denver Broncos wide receivers coach Jedd Fisch is expected to accept the offensive coordinator position with the University of Minnesota.

Fisch spent 2008 as the wide receivers coach of the Denver Broncos. Prior to joining the staff in Denver, Fisch was an offensive assistant with the Baltimore Ravens.

found here (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/sources-fisch-to-minnesota/)

bowtown
01-21-2009, 03:41 PM
The National Football Post has just been informed that former Denver Broncos wide receivers coach Jedd Fisch is expected to accept the offensive coordinator position with the University of Minnesota.

Fisch spent 2008 as the wide receivers coach of the Denver Broncos. Prior to joining the staff in Denver, Fisch was an offensive assistant with the Baltimore Ravens.

found here (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/sources-fisch-to-minnesota/)

Marshall to U of MN. Mark it down!

Chris
01-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I've said it in every thread mentioning coaching... why on earth did we get rid of this guy??? No one can give me a good answer.

bowtown
01-21-2009, 03:44 PM
I've said it in every thread mentioning coaching... why on earth did we get rid of this guy??? No one can give me a good answer.

Because our new head coach wanted a different guy. That's probably about as good an answer as you are ever going to get, aside from pure speculation.

Flex Gunmetal
01-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Same reason Bush's cabinet is out of the white house.

Chris
01-21-2009, 04:17 PM
We kept Robert Gates because he was actually doing a good job.

telluride
01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure why anyone is freaked by Fisch departing. I suspect he was a perfectly ordinary coach -- nothing special -- and is easily replaced.

The fact is, Eddie and BMarsh had good years because both have unusual talent, not because Fisch coached them up. If our 3,4,5 receivers had actually blossomed into something great, then I'd credit coaching. I do, however, place some blame on Fisch for the large number of dropped balls this season among all our WRs. Also for failing to break BMarsh of his bad habit of turning/running backwards after a catch, rather then heading immediately downfield.

BroncoMan4ever
01-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure why anyone is freaked by Fisch departing. I suspect he was a perfectly ordinary coach -- nothing special -- and is easily replaced.

The fact is, Eddie and BMarsh had good years because both have unusual talent, not because Fisch coached them up. If our 3,4,5 receivers had actually blossomed into something great, then I'd credit coaching. I do, however, place some blame on Fisch for the large number of dropped balls this season among all our WRs. Also for failing to break BMarsh of his bad habit of turning/running backwards after a catch, rather then heading immediately downfield.

i agree. i pray that it one thing McDaniels tries to break Marshall of doing. I love that he refuses to go down easy on every catch he makes, but he needs to run straight ahead, not backwards or side to side. there was at least one catch a game where he caught a pass for a first down but ran backwards trying to break tackles and ended up stopped behind the first down marker.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Minnesota is a program on the rise in the Big Ten. They are moving into a brand spankin new football stadium in 2009.

wandlc
01-21-2009, 06:43 PM
And Tim Brewster, the head coach, coached under Shanny too.

orinjkrush
01-21-2009, 06:44 PM
coaches lineages look like west virginian geneology

SpiritGuy
01-21-2009, 07:18 PM
I always wondered where the wideouts were when Jay was sitting in the pocket for what seemed forever. Were they not being taught HOW to change their route and make themselves available to their QB?

Marshall and Royal had really good years but at times, the receivers as a whole looked like they made some average secondaries look really good, instead of tearing them up for hugh yardage. Marshall has the potential to be a "Randy Moss", "Larry Fitzgerald" type receiver, but hasn't learned (been taught) to go after the ball.

I'm hoping that a new WR coach will make them unstoppable.

bowtown
01-21-2009, 07:20 PM
We kept Robert Gates because he was actually doing a good job.

That's actually not why we kept Robert Gates.