PDA

View Full Version : Cutler talks about Bates

cutlerfan
01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/01/denver-broncos.html

Here's a statement from Cutler released today by the Broncos via USC:

Jeremy is one of the best offensive minds in football. He was extremely innovative with our offense and took our playbook to the next level with some of the things he did, keeping defenses off balance and changing our look but at the same time keeping it simple for us players. Some of the things he did were amazing to watch. He was always watching other teams and coming up with new ideas for our offense. He helped me grow into my third NFL season and helped me reach the Pro Bowl along with some of the other goals I set for myself. As a unit, our offense became one of the most productive in the league with Jeremy calling plays. He brought a lot of excitement to the meeting room and on the field. He made me want to come to work every day and get better. Jeremy will do great things in his new role, and USC couldn't have picked a better guy.

-- Gary Klein

no-pseudo-fan
01-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Why no statement about McD? Hope things are ok.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
It was something FROM USC. not a general interview with cutler. people need to friggin relax on this thing...cutler isnt a three year old that had his favorite toy taken away.

Unless his favorite toy is the bubble screen

cutthemdown
01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Cutler needs to talk more and discuss with the new regime how to cut down on his turnovers. Until he get's those under control Broncos won't be top 5 in scoring which is all that matters.

snowspot66
01-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Why make a statement about McD? It's just a statement on Bates getting a new job. It's your standard endorsement statement given out through the PR guys.

cutlerfan
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I just think its very stupid to mess with the Offense! Why did we not hire a defensive coach for the HC to revamp the entire defense and leave the offense alone!!

Freaking retarded!

snowspot66
01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Dude we got the guy who's offense we modeled ours after in a big way. The offense will be fine.

BigPlayShay
01-20-2009, 02:37 PM
I just think its very stupid to mess with the Offense! Why did we not hire a defensive coach for the HC to revamp the entire defense and leave the offense alone!!

Freaking retarded!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/sep/18/broncos-open-up-offense/

ENGLEWOOD -- Mike Shanahan hasn't started wearing hoodies with the sleeves cut off like coaching counterpart Bill Belichick, but the Denver Broncos have borrowed some ideas from the New England Patriots.

For those who figured the Broncos' offensive attack looked a little like last year's Patriots, with spread formations and a lot of passes, you'd be right.

"We really liked what the Patriots were doing with some of their empty sets," quarterback Jay Cutler said, referring to some offseason study. "We've got similar weapons with our guys, with our tight ends and our backs are able to get out.

"Offensively we kind of matched up with what they were doing and we thought we might put it in, and it's working so far."

tsiguy96
01-20-2009, 02:37 PM

Freaking retarded!

quit whining and get used to mcdaniels, hell be here for 3-5 years minimum, hopefully he proves himself well enough to be here longer.

there is a reason spags almost didnt get a job, he defaulted into rams job because garrett wanted too much money. there is a LOT we dont know about the situation, so why not support bowlen and his decision ;)

cutlerfan
01-20-2009, 02:41 PM
quit whining and get used to mcdaniels, hell be here for 3-5 years minimum, hopefully he proves himself well enough to be here longer.

there is a reason spags almost didnt get a job, he defaulted into rams job because garrett wanted too much money. there is a LOT we dont know about the situation, so why not support bowlen and his decision ;)

We are a 2nd ranked Offensive team and 28th and lower in Defense and you want me to not be upset?
To quote Kramer, "Crazy Talk!!"

This is so ass backwards!!

no-pseudo-fan
01-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Why make a statement about McD? It's just a statement on Bates getting a new job. It's your standard endorsement statement given out through the PR guys.

He should've made a statement about McD already, not to say he needed to say anything about McD in this statement. I just wonder why he hasn't said anything about it.

Dagmar
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Freaking retarded!

We needed our HC to be a talented motivator and to breath fresh life into the franchise.

We need our DC to fix the defence.

Chill out buddy.

theAPAOps5
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Why no statement about McD? Hope things are ok.

Jesus ****ing Christ.......

cutthemdown
01-20-2009, 02:49 PM
We are a 2nd ranked Offensive team and 28th and lower in Defense and you want me to not be upset?

Because the offensive guy Shannahan had total control and kept drafting and signing crappy defensive players. Shannahan not good at building a defense and he's a control freak. That isn't a good combo to have if you want good defense.

Broncos were not the 2nd best offense though. It's all about scoring and when you turn ball over in end zone it negates the yrdage you racked up to get there.

Do you really see Denver as 2nd best offense? The turnover problem been around going back to Plummer so IMO the offense also needs a lot of work.

Cutler turns ball over like last yr and he won't win but 4-5 games.

no-pseudo-fan
01-20-2009, 02:51 PM

I have moved on from Shanny and Bates, and I have accepted the new direction. B Marsh has a statement out, and last I heard from Cutler is that he is upset about Shanny being fired and wants Bates to be here. I know that it is knee jerk comments, but I would like to have our star QB say something about the new coach. That's it. It is probably too late to say anything, maybe at the Pro Bowl. I just would like to know that the team is going to be paddling in the same direction.

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 02:53 PM
I guess even Jay can fall victim to a man-crush ::)

tsiguy96
01-20-2009, 02:53 PM

yes because now with shanny gone we have some hope for a defense that isnt horrible.

supermanhr9
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I am pumped for new defensive coaches, I just wish shanny would have let go some of his control so he coudl still be our coach, I'm gonna miss that guy. However maybe J-Mac will find a place in my bronco heart (that sounded pretty lame, but you guys know what I mean)

theAPAOps5
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Cutler and McD have talked on the phone. He hasn't met him and he shouldn't make a statement. Except I will be there for OTA's and will do what my coach says. Thats all that is required from a player.

cutthemdown
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I have moved on from Shanny and Bates, and I have accepted the new direction. B Marsh has a statement out, and last I heard from Cutler is that he is upset about Shanny being fired and wants Bates to be here. I know that it is knee jerk comments, but I would like to have our star QB say something about the new coach. That's it. It is probably too late to say anything, maybe at the Pro Bowl. I just would like to know that the team is going to be paddling in the same direction.

I'm worried about Cutlers demeanor. I don't want to be worried but I can't help it he comes off arrogant and cocky to me. I do think WR dropped a lot of his balls and that would get any QB frustrated, but in many ways he doesn't seem like a great leader at this point because of his body language on the field sometimes. He often seems to mope around like a little baby.

I love is arm and talent but worry about him.

I wonder if Cutlers antics sort of made Bowlen feel the team did need a change. I think Shanny had lost the edge that makes players feel a sense of urgency.

cutthemdown
01-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Shanny and McD have talked on the phone. He hasn't met him and he shouldn't make a statement. Except I will be there for OTA's and will do what my coach says. Thats all that is required from a player.

What position is Shanny trying out for?

no-pseudo-fan
01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I am pumped for new defensive coaches, I just wish shanny would have let go some of his control so he coudl still be our coach, I'm gonna miss that guy. However maybe J-Mac will find a place in my bronco heart (that sounded pretty lame, but you guys know what I mean)

McD will become a Bronco in my mind when he keeps scoring on a NE that he has already beaten.

no-pseudo-fan
01-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Shanny and McD have talked on the phone. He hasn't met him and he shouldn't make a statement. Except I will be there for OTA's and will do what my coach says. Thats all that is required from a player.

I know you meant Jay, but I think it would've gone a long way for the face of the Franchise(Cutler) to make a statement after McD got hired. That would have been the right thing to do.

theAPAOps5
01-20-2009, 03:05 PM
What position is Shanny trying out for?

LOL yeah I was in a hurry.

And it makes no difference if Cutler makes a statement. McD is his coach he is under contract. No reason to make a statement he has nothing to say.

Heck Cutler might be saying he wants surprise butt secks McD by training camp. Stop freaking out people.

no-pseudo-fan
01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
LOL yeah I was in a hurry.

And it makes no difference if Cutler makes a statement. McD is his coach he is under contract. No reason to make a statement he has nothing to say.

Heck Cutler might be saying he wants surprise butt secks McD by training camp. Stop freaking out people.

He wants to give McD "the Shocker".LOL

I just find it interesting that he had something to say when Bates leaves, but is unavailable for comment when McD is hired.

wolf754life
01-20-2009, 03:11 PM
didn't you hear, Shanahan is rumored to be the next head coach of every team that fires their current head coach!

stay tuned

theAPAOps5
01-20-2009, 03:13 PM
He wants to give McD "the Shocker".LOL

I just find it interesting that he had something to say when Bates leaves, but is unavailable for comment when McD is hired.

Easy, Bates was his position coach and the guy he spent the most time with. They had a great relationship. So of course he is going to make a statement. McDaniels has had a brief conversation with Cutler. Cutler doesn't even really know him. What would he say in a press conference.

broncosteven
01-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I guess even Jay can fall victim to a man-crush ::)

What's wrong with Mancrushes?

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 03:14 PM
To be honest, I don't think Shanahan is as attractive a head coach candidate as we all think.

DenverBrit
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM
]We are a 2nd ranked Offensive team[/B] and 28th and lower in Defense and you want me to not be upset?

In yards only.

Who cares about yards.....scoring is what counts.

Defense, same thing....scoring defense is what counts, not yards.

Broncojef
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM

We aren't the 2nd ranked offensive team. How anyone can look at our production and get worried about losing something is beyond me. It was time to blow this team up and give these guys some real coaching and play calling. Sorry your friend is gone Jay, time to be a leader, win some games and make the play-offs.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Easy, Bates was his position coach and the guy he spent the most time with. They had a great relationship. So of course he is going to make a statement. McDaniels has had a brief conversation with Cutler. Cutler doesn't even really know him. What would he say in a press conference.

I think he'd say "hey douchbags on the Orangemane, chill the **** out"

outdoor_miner
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM

First: Our offense was nowhere near the 2nd best offense in the league. Yes, we racked up tons of yards - mostly because we threw the freaking ball over and over and over. Admittedly, this was often out of necessity... However, teams that pass more have inflated yardage stats.

Second: Do you really want our organization to be completely reactionary with our coaching decisions? If we did that, we would ping-pong back and forth between good offense and good defense. Bad defensive year? Hire a defensive-minded coach! Bad offensive year? Hire an offensive-minded coach! What you really want is the best person to run the entire team, not just one side of the ball... Now, you may believe someone else other than McDaniels was that person. Fine. However, to discount him because he comes from the offensive side of the ball is silly (IMHO).

Kaylore
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Because people always assume the worst around here. If Cutler hasn't endorsed McDaniels in an article about Jeremy Bates then that means he hates him, wants him dead and will demand a trade to USC this offseason.

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm gonna say it because it needs to be said:

Goodbye Jerr, and good riddance. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

bowtown
01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Because people always assume the worst around here. If Cutler hasn't endorsed McDaniels in an article about Jeremy Bates then that means he hates him, wants him dead and will demand a trade to USC this offseason.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/5958/HeismanTrophy.jpg

BigPlayShay
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/5958/HeismanTrophy.jpg

LOL

Steve Prefontaine
01-20-2009, 03:29 PM

QFT

frerottenextelway
01-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Ditch him. We'll give Ramsey another shot.

broncosteven
01-20-2009, 03:33 PM

Going back to USC really helped Leinharts career!

Beer Bongs for everyone!

2KBack
01-20-2009, 03:53 PM
by the standards that matter, Denver's offense wasn't even as good as the Chicago Bears

Kaylore
01-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Going back to USC really helped Leinharts career!

Beer Bongs for everyone!

He'll get to nail Kim Kardashian!

no-pseudo-fan
01-21-2009, 06:36 AM
He'll get to nail Kim Kardashian!

Her younger sister is hotter, and less.........tainted.

fontaine
01-21-2009, 07:01 AM
I can't believe Jay Cutler hasn't gotten down to his knees and kissed McDaniels SuperBowl ring yet.

This guy is such a cancer. Seriously we need to trade this diabetic prima donna so that we can go out and grab the next Jake Plummer or Brian Griese. Our franchise needs to get back to the playoffs and we did that with those QBs.

Jake is at least a leader and has got the one thing you cannot teach a QB. He's got MOXY! Oh yeah and a kick a$$ mountain man look with full facial hair. Two things, two things you can't teach a QB.

Jay couldn't grow a mustache/beard combo like that because his insulin levels suck.

TonyR
01-21-2009, 08:07 AM
To be honest, I don't think Shanahan is as attractive a head coach candidate as we all think.

WHAT?!? You mean that thread from a couple of weeks ago suggesting that Shanahan was contacted by 30 teams isn't true?!? Don't people know that he's one of the greatest coaches of all time and our organization is DOOMED because our gutless drunk owner fired him?!? This cannot be possible!!!

Dedhed
01-21-2009, 09:34 AM

Freaking retarded!

Because we were only an avg offense even with superior talent.

bowtown
01-21-2009, 10:38 AM
WHAT?!? You mean that thread from a couple of weeks ago suggesting that Shanahan was contacted by 30 teams isn't true?!? Don't people know that he's one of the greatest coaches of all time and our organization is DOOMED because our gutless drunk owner fired him?!? This cannot be possible!!!

Yeah, you might want to bite your tongue at least one more season before getting all melodramatic with the sarcasm on this. You have absolutely no idea how many teams have contacted Sahnahan or what he has or will be offered.

BigPlayShay
01-21-2009, 10:47 AM

That was the thread where the rev tried to convince me that Al Davis would try and patch things up an pursue him as Head Coach for the Raiders.

TheReverend
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
That was the thread where the rev tried to convince me that Al Davis would try and patch things up an pursue him as Head Coach for the Raiders.

I don't see why you don't think Al Davis wouldn't want Shanahan or Gruden back...

TonyR
01-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, you might want to bite your tongue at least one more season before getting all melodramatic with the sarcasm on this. You have absolutely no idea how many teams have contacted Sahnahan or what he has or will be offered.

Says the guy with Samie Parker as his adopted Bronco...

TheReverend
01-21-2009, 11:05 AM

That really has little to do with anything...

BroncoMan4ever
01-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Cutler needs to talk more and discuss with the new regime how to cut down on his turnovers. Until he get's those under control Broncos won't be top 5 in scoring which is all that matters.

a running game in the red zone would have mad us top 5 in the league in scoring this year regardless of his turnovers.

but i see your point, and i am pretty sure that is one of the 1st things McDaniels is going to preach to Jay.

bowtown
01-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Says the guy who has Mid-Atlantic as his location. This is a fun game. Do me again!