PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* Cards OC Todd Haley to chefs?!

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Rumor from Rotoworld and the Miami Herald ...

The sale of the Dolphins is final, and will be complete within 30 days. That gives Parcells the option to bail ....

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9118/14077531oy9.jpg

bronco militia
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
never say never, but parcells has said he was staying

TonyR
01-20-2009, 12:58 PM
I can't imagine him coaching, but we better hope he doesn't work for that organizatoin in ANY capacity.

TheDave
01-20-2009, 01:00 PM
As long as it's not Shanahan...

Smiling Assassin27
01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
As long as it's not Shanahan...

I could see Gruden in KC. And I don't particularly like the way that looks.

chrisp
01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't honestly think Parcells wants to coach any more. No insider info (obviously) or anything just my personal opinion.

Wouldn't want him coaching the Chiefs but then again if he doesn't have the same fire in his belly any more he won't be the same coach.

vancejohnson82
01-20-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't honestly think Parcells wants to coach any more. No insider info (obviously) or anything just my personal opinion.

Wouldn't want him coaching the Chiefs but then again if he doesn't have the same fire in his belly any more he won't be the same coach.

I was on the subway with a guy today who works as a Northeast high school scout for the Miami Hurricanes....apparently when they were preparing for their bowl game they were on and off the field with the Dolphins when one practice began and the other ended.....he said that the rumor sweeping around the facility was that Parcells was going to announce his resignation there and he was going to pursue the KC job..

Dudeskey
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM

could be amusing. We'd never be sure what QB he'd be starting against us.

ND Bronco Fan
01-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I was on the subway with a guy today who works as a Northeast high school scout for the Miami Hurricanes....apparently when they were preparing for their bowl game they were on and off the field with the Dolphins when one practice began and the other ended.....he said that the rumor sweeping around the facility was that Parcells was going to announce his resignation there and he was going to pursue the KC job..

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Gruden has had a semi-rocky relationship with Jeff Garcia, but Garcia is a free agent now ... and the chefs could do a helluva lot worse than Jeffy while waiting for Stafford to mature. And BTW along those lines: Stafford looks like a good bet to be a chef this year. The Lions have inidcated they're gonna wait until the better 2010 QB class to draft their QBOTF:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8172/47684719xp5.jpg

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
*UPDATE*

Cris Collinsworth - a reliable reporter - says Arizona Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley to Chefs is a done deal:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9413/95477320gl9.jpg

Oh by the way ^^^ Gunther to the Lions ROFL!

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Kansas City Star website:

Collinsworth: Haley will be Chiefs' new coach

NBC Sports analyst Cris Collinsworth expects Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley to become the Chiefs’ next head coach.

It’s becoming more apparent that the Chiefs are waiting until after the Super Bowl to identify their next head coach _ or why not send Herm Edwards to the Senior Bowl and let him replace assistants who are fleeing?

Collinsworth, who spent time with Haley before covering the Cardinals’ wild-card win over Atlanta for NBC and will work the Super Bowl, said Haley’s star has risen higher than anyone’s during the playoffs.

“He’ll be the coach in Kansas City,” Collinsworth told me Tuesday on a teleconference.

“I’m watching what’s happening with all the (new) coaches, and we’ve seen some of the defensive coaches come off the board, and the one guy nobody is talking about that has surprised me, and it’s because (the Cardinals) flew so far under the radar screen, was Haley. He’s not under the radar screen anymore.

“The biggest winner who has come out of this run by the Arizona Cardinals has been Todd Haley.”

Haley worked with new Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli with the New York Jets during 1997-99.

Some have speculated Pioli may hire Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, but Ferentz' son, James, will be a sophomore offensive lineman on the Hawkeyes' football team next season, and it's hard to believe Kirk will want to walk away from that.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/638

socalorado
01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Wonder where boob is? He would be all over this Matt Stafford stuff.
Must have got that Royals baseball bat stuck up his @$$ again!

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 02:21 PM

Yeah ... Todd Haley + Matt Stafford = new world in KC.

I'm sure Bob is all over this :P

SouthStndJunkie
01-20-2009, 02:21 PM

He is probably crushed....he wanted Shanny to be the head coach in Kansas City.

No Shanny 4 U.

Pontius Pirate
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
All Todd Haley needs in KC is a future HoF QB, two top-10 WR's, and I'm sure he'll do great

crowebomber
01-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Bob is still scooping everyone on the Shanahan hire. Just wait. OK, wait a little longer. Here it comes. I know it's coming ...

Kaylore
01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
NOOOOOO!!!! Save HERM!!! :(

TheReverend
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I know they've asked permission but need to wait 2 weeks and that it's a strong possibility but Chris is layin it on pretty thick.

Todd's got a STRONG personality. Maybe too strong for Man-Tits Pioli and Kendoll hair Hunt.

BigPlayShay
01-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Leinart to the Chiefs?

SouthStndJunkie
01-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I know they've asked permission but need to wait 2 weeks and that it's a strong possibility but Chris is layin it on pretty thick.

Todd's got a STRONG personality. Maybe too strong for Man-boobies Pioli and Kendoll hair Hunt.

Let's see what his offense looks like without Fitz and Boldin.

Steve Prefontaine
01-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I can't imagine him coaching, but we better hope he doesn't work for that organizatoin in ANY capacity.

I'm not worried. What has Parcells won in the last 10 years?

hades
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM

Wait, Jared from Subway said what?

Chris
01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
We beat the jets in 99... we'll beat any other parcells team..

TheReverend
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Let's see what his offense looks like without Fitz and Boldin.

He'll adapt to the players around him. He's far from dumb.

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not worried. What has Parcells won in the last 10 years?

your joking, yes?

KCStud
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Parcells is staying. I seriously doubt KC wants Chucky either.
Pioli said he wants a coach that he can be on a personal level with.
Haley worked with him for 3 years in NY for the Jets, and he is a very good coach. I feel kinda bad for Haley. He had to deal with TO in Dallas and now he is dealing with unhappy players in Arizona like Leinart,Boldin, and Edge. Funny thing is he still wins with his playcalling.

I would definitely take Haley. He is a good motivator, can make good gameplans, and he makes great adjustments.

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Parcells is staying. I seriously doubt KC wants Chucky either.
Pioli said he wants a coach that he can be on a personal level with.
Haley worked with him for 3 years in NY for the Jets, and he is a very good coach. I feel kinda bad for Haley. He had to deal with TO in Dallas and now he is dealing with unhappy players in Arizona like Leinart,Boldin, and Edge. Funny thing is he still wins with his playcalling.

I would definitely take Haley. He is a good motivator, can make good gameplans, and he makes great adjustments.

Is Haley the guy Boldin was jawing at Sunday?

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Is Haley the guy Boldin was jawing at Sunday?
Yup, that's him ....

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/3/C/2/e298/j350/PHP4835EEA4582C3.jpg

Steve Prefontaine
01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
your joking, yes?

Yes, very much.

Just because he hasn't "won" anything recently it doesn't mean he isn't a good coach/personnel guy.

KCStud
01-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Yup, that's him ....

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/3/C/2/e298/j350/PHP4835EEA4582C3.jpg

Yep. Haley put in Breaston because of Boldin's attitude and also because they needed a speed WR to fit what he was trying to run at the end of the game.

Looks like Collinsworth thinks Haley is coming to KC to.

I like it. He's learned from the best and it's showing in Arizona.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
McDaniels > Haley

Advantage: Denver

kmartin575
01-20-2009, 03:41 PM
McDaniels > Haley

Advantage: Denver

And you know this how?

How about let's take a wait and see approach. Since neither has ever been a head coach at the NFL it's kind of hard to say one way or the other.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
And you know this how?

How about let's take a wait and see approach. Since neither has ever been a head coach at the NFL it's kind of hard to say one way or the other.

Does a Haley offense have the NFL record for points in a season?

Go back to your circle jerk WPI board, KMart. Where were you anyway this year? You didn't post here because your sh<span>it</span>ty franchise went 2-14 this year.

KCStud
01-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Does a Haley offense have the NFL record for points in a season?

Go back to your circle jerk WPI board, KMart. Where were you anyway this year? You didn't post here because your sh<span>it</span>ty franchise went 2-14 this year.

Dude you don't see the point because you are a blind homer.
McDaniels didn't have much say about the players he had in NE. Belichik and Pioli got the players. Now he's on his own, he has to find players himself....oh wait he can just mooch off of Ratty's good picks on offense.
And also...what did McDaniels high powered offense get him? Nothing. Defense wins championships, not offense.

Besides, isn't the problem in Denver the defense? How do calculate McDaniels will help you there?

Looks to me like Haley and McDaniels could be good coaches. Both taught by great coaches, but haven't proven anything as HC.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Dude you don't see the point because you are a blind homer.
McDaniels didn't have much say about the players he had in NE. Belichik and Pioli got the players. Now he's on his own, he has to find players himself....oh wait he can just mooch off of Ratty's good picks on offense.
And also...what did McDaniels high powered offense get him? Nothing. Defense wins championships, not offense.

I stop reading because you are just spewing bullsh<span>it</span> again.

McDaniels doesn't have to find the players because the same guy that found Shanahan the studs is still running the show in the personnel department.

Defense wins championships? McDaniels was a defensive assistant when New England won the Super Bowl. He's not a one trick pony.

Malcontent
01-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Yep. Haley put in Breaston because of Boldin's attitude and also because they needed a speed WR to fit what he was trying to run at the end of the game.

Cards fans are hopeful that if he does go..which would be hard...he takes that bust Leinart with him!

baja
01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
He is probably crushed....he wanted Shanny to be the head coach in Kansas City.

No Shanny 4 U.

My guess is jerry Jones called Shanny's agent and said take a year off bank a cool 7 mill and we'll work a sweet deal for you in Dallas in 2010

KCStud
01-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I stop reading because you are just spewing bullsh<span>it</span> again.

McDaniels doesn't have to find the players because the same guy that found Shanahan the studs is still running the show in the personnel department.

Defense wins championships? McDaniels was a defensive assistant when New England won the Super Bowl. He's not a one trick pony.

That's fine with me that "same guy" can't find defensive players. The Broncos are a weak version of the 2003 Chiefs. Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships. Remember that...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
If this report is true the chefs might get docked a draft pick because it is forbidden to tamper with any coach in the playoffs.

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Anybody wanna guess why it is Bob has allowed 10 hours to pass without comment in here?

brncs_fan
01-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Anybody wanna guess why it is Bob has allowed 10 hours to pass without comment in here?

I could guess, but most of it would be the same old stuff about his mom's basement and livestock.

Killericon
01-20-2009, 10:33 PM
So, have they actually fired Herm Edwards yet?

24champ
01-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I like it.

Of course you do sheepstud. If the Chiefs hired Jim Bob as coach, you would be singing praises about what a great hire it is.

Florida_Bronco
01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Of course you do sheepstud. If the Chiefs hired Jim Bob as coach, you would be singing praises about what a great hire it is.

If the Chiefs hired a skeleton, SheepStud would be happy.

I think the only hire he'd be unhappy with is Bobo. Even fellow Chief fans recognize what an idiot he is.

BroncoBuff
01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
So, have they actually fired Herm Edwards yet?

Not formally, but Herm's not in Mobile this week, and if Pioli were seriously considering keeping him, you'd think he'd be there this very important week.

I'm a huge fan of Cris Collinsworth ... he does his homework and is never ever boring. If he says Haley's a done deal, I'm buying it until I hear otherwise.

24champ
01-20-2009, 11:03 PM
The Broncos are a weak version of the 2003 Chiefs.

Well guess what...your chiefs are the new version of the 2 win Raiders in our division.

Florida_Bronco
01-20-2009, 11:06 PM

Because he's a liar and a pseudo-reporter.

And I'll just take this minute to remind everyone that I have a better inside track to the Chiefs than he does.

footstepsfrom#27
01-20-2009, 11:15 PM
I'd rather see Parcells in KC...nothing flows smoother than a guy working for his son-in-law. ;D

24champ
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Because he's a liar and a pseudo-reporter.

And I'll just take this minute to remind everyone that I have a better inside track to the Chiefs than he does.

Where were his "sources" on this Haley stuff?ROFL!

Florida_Bronco
01-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Where were his "sources" on this Haley stuff?ROFL!

Obviously nowhere to be found.

TheReverend
01-21-2009, 04:10 AM

Completely false. He put Breaston in because Anquan wasn't 100%.

crazyhorse
01-21-2009, 05:08 AM
My guess is jerry Jones called Shanny's agent and said take a year off bank a cool 7 mill and we'll work a sweet deal for you in Dallas in 2010

Why would Shanahan want to work in Dallas? Seems like the last place he would go. Other than the Raiders.

baja
01-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Why would Shanahan want to work in Dallas? Seems like the last place he would go. Other than the Raiders.

Jerry Jones wants a winner Shanny wants a winner Dallas has good players Jones will give Shanny the deal he wants ie control, at least it will start that waY.

crazyhorse
01-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Jerry Jones wants a winner Shanny wants a winner Dallas has good players Jones will give Shanny the deal he wants ie control, at least it will start that waY.

Shanahan would be a glorified OC in Dallas. No owner gives less control over his team than Jones. With maybe the exception of Al Davis. The only way I see Shanahan going to Dallas is if he has no other offers.

KCStud
01-21-2009, 08:19 AM

Anything is better than the Hermit

NASurfer
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Shanahan would be a glorified OC in Dallas. No owner gives less control over his team than Jones. With maybe the exception of Al Davis. The only way I see Shanahan going to Dallas is if he has no other offers.
If Shanny was smart he'd stay far away from Jerry "anyone can coach this team" Jones.

Then again, he did want to bring Slowik back....