PDA

View Full Version : Bates to USC

Braxton34
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/breaking-bates-heading-to-usc/

Garcia Bronco
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Good for Jeremy. That's the thing about layoffs with a good skill set. Most imes you'll end up better off.

montrose
01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
This is a good opportunity for him. Carroll should give him some responsibility while he'll still be working in a pro system. He could have his choice of eventually becoming an NFL HC or College HC.

Broncoman13
01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Outstanding for Jeremy! He will have some great athletes to work with. There is a kid that will be a Freshman QB there next year that looked very good in the HS All-American game (Underarmour's version). I might be able to root for USC from time to time now.

Man-Goblin
01-19-2009, 11:31 AM
What if Cutler wants to transfer there now?

2KBack
01-19-2009, 11:31 AM
this is probably a very good move for him, his playcalling will work much better in college, where he'll have the luxury of having more dominant athletes

doof
01-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Outstanding for Jeremy! He will have some great athletes to work with. There is a kid that will be a Freshman QB there next year that looked very good in the HS All-American game (Underarmour's version). I might be able to root for USC from time to time now.

Matt Barkley from Mater Dei, if Bates can help him develop he could be the #1 pick in 4 years. The kid has a huge arm with great accuracy and touch, kind of like some other QB Bates has worked with.

gyldenlove
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Solid move for Bates, he can get some offensive responsibility and we know he is good with young QBs. In a few years he will be up for a good HC or OC job in the NFL.

backup qb
01-19-2009, 11:46 AM

ha ha. Nice move for Bates.

Broncobuddy7
01-19-2009, 11:59 AM

LOL

RunSilentRunDeep
01-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Wonder if he opted for SC over the Lions job. Detroit would've been interesting with no expectations and Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith to play with.

broncofan7
01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice move for Bates..glad he landed an OC position somewhere.

Borks147
01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
as a USC homer....woooooohooooo

cutthemdown
01-19-2009, 12:19 PM
good out of NFL

Natedog24
01-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Bleh

Wes Mantooth
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Good for him. Too bad they will continue to loose chances at a Nat. champoinship in Corvallis every other year though.

Chris
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Sad to see him go. Good luck Bates.

~Crash~
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Sad to see him go. Good luck Bates.

I am not glad he landed a job that could help him land a head coaching job good for him .

bpc
01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Great move for Bates. I'm happy for him.

Kaylore
01-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Thank you Jeremy, for making it easier for me to hate you.

Rohirrim
01-19-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm still surprised Pete Carroll hasn't been given another shot at the NFL. Of course, given where he's at, maybe he has and turned them down. Bates has the opportunity to learn a lot there. Smart move for him.

Kaylore
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm still surprised Pete Carroll hasn't been given another shot at the NFL.
He gets whatever he wants and lives in Hollywood. He's like a God. Why would he want to leave that for a place where he doesn't get to play in an average conference and hide behind his talent while ESPN and the like suck his nuts? I wouldn't.

Hogan11
01-19-2009, 01:08 PM
good out of NFL

That was my thought as well.

Rohirrim
01-19-2009, 01:16 PM
He gets whatever he wants and lives in Hollywood. He's like a God. Why would he want to leave that for a place where he doesn't get to play in an average conference and hide behind his talent while ESPN and the like suck his nuts? I wouldn't.

Judging by the last couple of years of bowl results, I don't know how "average" the Pac10 is.

Kaylore
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Judging by the last couple of years of bowl results, I don't know how "average" the Pac10 is.

I'm not going to hijack the thread. Regardless of what you think, USC is on a tier well above the rest of their conference. They have the media by the balls and Carrol has turned the team into a glamorous institution. He has all control and a lot of success. There is nothing the NFL could give him, besides maybe another million a year, that would make him want to leave. Bates will get learn how a team runs on the college level and become a more well-rounded coach.

Rohirrim
01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm not going to hijack the thread. Regardless of what you think, USC is on a tier well above the rest of their conference. They have the media by the balls and Carrol has turned the team into a glamorous institution. He has all control and a lot of success. There is nothing the NFL could give him, besides maybe another million a year, that would make him want to leave. Bates will get learn how a team runs on the college level and become a more well-rounded coach.

Not to mention the benefits program:
http://www.humorpass.com/media/Pictures/hot-USC-cheerleaders.jpg
Is Bates married?

jhat01
01-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Good for him...Spit and polish a little and in a few years he'll be the next young superstar HC

Borks147
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM

and not to hijack the thread further, while USC is the cream of the Pac10, the Pac10 itself is no slouch, making USC's dominance all the more remarkable

illbroncsfn
01-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Good luck Jeremy, nice feather in your cap...

BroncoInferno
01-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm still surprised Pete Carroll hasn't been given another shot at the NFL.

He's had two opportunities as a pro coach with mediocre results. The college and pro games are different and require a different skill set and approach for success.

Rohirrim
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
He's had two opportunities as a pro coach with mediocre results. The college and pro games are different and require a different skill set and approach for success.

If you look at the situation he ran into with the Jets and Pats, you can understand why he didn't fare well. Nobody does well with the Jets and he was following Parcells in NE. A no-win situation. Even though some people like to say he was a failure in the NFL, his record was 33-31, with an AFC East division title. I think someday he'll be back in the NFL. IMO, he'd do a whole hell of a a lot better than some of the coaches in the league right now.

elsid13
01-19-2009, 04:01 PM
If you look at the situation he ran into with the Jets and Pats, you can understand why he didn't fare well. Nobody does well with the Jets and he was following Parcells in NE. A no-win situation. Even though some people like to say he was a failure in the NFL, his record was 33-31, with an AFC East division title. I think someday he'll be back in the NFL. IMO, he'd do a whole hell of a a lot better than some of the coaches in the league right now.

I would be surprised if ever left USC for pro job. He found his perfect job why leave when you have your dream job?

UberBroncoMan
01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Not to mention the benefits program:
http://www.humorpass.com/media/Pictures/hot-USC-cheerleaders.jpg
Is Bates married?

He will be... he will be...

SportinOne
01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Good for Bates. Glad he's out of the NFL if he's not a Bronco.

Riddi
01-19-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm happy for Jeremy...Good Luck...

I'm really just glad that he didn't sign with the F'N Raiders!

SouthStndJunkie
01-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Smart career move for Bates.

He has a better chance of advancing in the coaching profession by taking this position at USC than he would have working as the OC for the Detroit Lions.

phisig150
01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
As long as it wasn't the fkn faiders. Plus being an USC homer of course I'm excited.

Los Broncos
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm still surprised Pete Carroll hasn't been given another shot at the NFL. Of course, given where he's at, maybe he has and turned them down. Bates has the opportunity to learn a lot there. Smart move for him.

He can jaywalk, double park, he can just do about anything he wants, he loves it here.

Dr. Thunder
01-19-2009, 11:25 PM
He can jaywalk, double park, he can just do about anything he wants, he loves it here.

Damn straight Adam. Now I can wear a Broncos shirt to a USC game.

HooptyHoops
01-20-2009, 07:47 AM
I think a young guy like Bates will absolutely LOVE the college glamore of USC!!