PDA

View Full Version : Happy ML King Day

footstepsfrom#27
01-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Greatness...

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~syork/MartinLutherKingQuotes.jpg

Kaylore
01-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Thank you MLK. You were a hero, a martyr for your cause, and you were also a pimp with the ladies. ;) :orangepim

Los Broncos
01-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Your a hero MJK, RIP.

Crushaholic
01-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Those were powerful words spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. 46 years later, the dream STILL hasn't been fulfilled, as people are still viewed by the color of their skin and not necessarily the content of their character...

http://www.usconstitution.net/dream.html

Chris
01-19-2009, 09:09 AM
We're getting there Crush... Obama is a big step. He didn't get elected because of race... but this will have a hugely positive affect on how americans perceive each other.

Garcia Bronco
01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
In Virginia, it's Lee, Jackson, King Day

gunns
01-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Thank you for your message of handling assaulting and volatile situations peacefully. That's one lesson we're still working on.

Popps
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
What a way to celebrate the eve of the inauguration.. giving a little thanks to the man who helped make tomorrow possible.

broncofan7
01-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Those were powerful words spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. 46 years later, the dream STILL hasn't been fulfilled, as people are still viewed by the color of their skin and not necessarily the content of their character...

http://www.usconstitution.net/dream.html

Really? Do you think it's skin color alone? Or do you thik it's skin color + the way someone is dressed? do they have piercings too? Tattoos? What type of car/truck are they driving. How do they speak? I think the days of people judging others SOLELY by the color of their skin are thankfully gone and as long as people have the ability to reason, feel the need to be safe, etc--they will always look outward at people and make judgements. Color being A FACTOR, but not the only factor. Obama is a testament to the MLK's dream being mostly realized. (that and GWB being the WORST president of most of our lifetimes--thereby making 'republican' a dirty word). A day for celebration for sure.

PaintballCLE
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Thank you James Earl Ray for your message of handling assaulting and volatile situations perfectly. That's one lesson we're still thankful for.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

LOL JUST MESSING AROUND GUNNS + EVERYONE ELSE SO DONT FREAK OUT

Florida_Bronco
01-19-2009, 01:14 PM

We will never end racism completely, but thanks to people like MLK, a person of any race cannot be held down by racism if they are willing to rise above it.

Archer81
01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Really? Do you think it's skin color alone? Or do you thik it's skin color + the way someone is dressed? do they have piercings too? Tattoos? What type of car/truck are they driving. How do they speak? I think the days of people judging others SOLELY by the color of their skin are thankfully gone and as long as people have the ability to reason, feel the need to be safe, etc--they will always look outward at people and make judgements. Color being A FACTOR, but not the only factor. Obama is a testament to the MLK's dream being mostly realized. (that and GWB being the WORST president of most of our lifetimes--thereby making 'republican' a dirty word). A day for celebration for sure.

I actually think this country has swung around to the point that if you are white, you are discounted for jobs or scholarships because of fear of being seen as racist or a bigot. I hate affirmative action for this very reason. Best man or woman for the job, regardless of color. We are not close to that point at all.

Also, GWB is not the worst president in our history. Hoover and Carter were worse.

:Broncos:

Peoples Champ
01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
RIP,

In December, I went to the Civil Rights Musuem (MLK Museum) in Memphis,TN. I suggest to anybody who is close to go there, or if you are planning a trip to Memphis to go there. It was a very cool and powerfull museum. Also a little Erie because it was spot where he was assasinated. They left it just the way it was. Then you go across the street where the sniper was, which is also creepy. But there is a lot of interesting things on the conspiracy. You also get to see the guy that sits outside the musuem every day for the last 20 years in protest to the musuem. I was told he is there 24/7 and only leaves to get food at the soup kitchen.

broncofan7
01-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I actually think this country has swung around to the point that if you are white, you are discounted for jobs or scholarships because of fear of being seen as racist or a bigot. I hate affirmative action for this very reason. Best man or woman for the job, regardless of color. We are not close to that point at all.

Also, GWB is not the worst president in our history. Hoover and Carter were worse.

:Broncos:

I wrote 'most of our lifetimes' , not history. How many troops did Carter send to be killed or maimed in an unjustifiable 'war'? ............still waiting...........

TDmvp
01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
could the morons among us maybe go fight in one of the many threads already with that tone and maybe leave the thread thanking MLK for what he did to the people who wish to use it .... I mean come on . A lot of Fing stupid people here of late ...

Peoples Champ
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
could the morons among us maybe go fight in one of the many threads already with that tone and maybe leave the thread thanking MLK for what he did to the people who wish to use it .... I mean come on . A lot of Fing stupid people here of late ...

I agree. See my post above. I am all about Love.

yavoon
01-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I wrote 'most of our lifetimes' , not history. How many troops did Carter send to be killed or maimed in an unjustifiable 'war'? ............still waiting...........

jimmy carter was the only US president to send kim ill sung(or kim jong ill) a present. I think that symbolically sums up jimmy carter right there. If hitler did the jig on the whitehouse lawn jimmy carter wouldn't retake the territory.