PDA

View Full Version : It is true....

Los Broncos
01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I person that I consider a friend of mine, seen him last night with a Chargers beanie on.

He is suppose to be a Raiders fan when I first met him.

So it is true, just a bunch a band wagoners.

And he was at the Denver v SD game running smack about our team.

He told me we'll never win another SB without Elway. ROFL!

Bronx33
01-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Told ya

Los Broncos
01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Told ya

I knew it existed but never seen it with my own eyes.

Bronx33
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
They just won't admit it in public.

TheReverend
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
What a stupid thread.

Just messin with ya man.

Los Broncos
01-18-2009, 12:01 PM
They just won't admit it in public.

Must be nice to just jump from team to team when things don't go right.

Besides, SD will never win the big one anyways.

Los Broncos
01-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Just messin with ya man.

Hilarious! we just go back and fourth, good one....

Punisher
01-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Banwagom bastards

Bronx33
01-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Must be nice to just jump from team to team when things don't go right.

Besides, SD will never win the big one anyways.

They wont be jumpin on the raiders wagon anytime soon ROFL!

ludo21
01-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Doom Crew is now Iron Clady??

and yes, Charger fans are mostly bandwagoners.

SoCalBronco
01-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Drew Brees was the first QB that most current Chargers fans knew.

Los Broncos
01-18-2009, 01:24 PM

Yes, I have a man crush on Ryan plus he is a local kid which gives it more of a personal thing.

And when we drafted him I was trying to think up a name, so I seen these trash bags called Iron Clad, just put two and two together and walaah.

There is thread some where with the title.

BroncoMan4ever
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
They wont be jumpin on the raiders wagon anytime soon ROFL!

i am slightly curious where those fans are going to go now that the Raiders don't look like they will be putting it together anytime soon and the Chargers are in decline.
Will they stick with the good team in the west or hope the 49ers pull it together and stick with the California teams to bandwagon for?

JJJ
01-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Bolt fans have stuck pretty much through thick and thin with a team that hasn't won a championship in 45 years. Not sure how that is bandwagoning.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Bolt fans have stuck pretty much through thick and thin with a team that hasn't won a championship in 45 years. Not sure how that is bandwagoning.

As someone who lives in SoCal, i can attest to the fact that Southern California sports fans are very fickle.

JJJ
01-18-2009, 03:16 PM
As someone who lives in SoCal, i can attest to the fact that Southern California sports fans are very fickle.

LA, yes for sure. SD is better. We have 80 years between the Bolts and the Padres of non-championship major league sports. They both still draw well and have a very loyal fan base despite having some of the worst teams on the planet during that period.

SoCalBronco
01-18-2009, 03:17 PM

That's a very generous way of putting it. But then again, you're a nice guy.

LA fans are a piece of ****. They are, by and large, bandwagoners. They are soft fans. I am glad that there is no NFL team here. They don't deserve the enjoyment of a football team.

24champ
01-18-2009, 03:20 PM
LA, yes for sure. SD is better. We have 80 years between the Bolts and the Padres of non-championship major league sports. They both still draw well and have a very loyal fan base despite having some of the worst teams on the planet during that period.

Bullsh*t. San Diego is made up of fans that are ****ing Fairies. Padres don't draw people anymore...and that's why their payroll took a nice dip. Besides nobody goes unless the Giants or Dodgers are in SD.

Also SDSU is always rumored to lose its football program.:giggle:

24champ
01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
I am glad that there is no NFL team here. They don't deserve the enjoyment of a football team.

LA doesn't want a football team, it's the gajillionares that think its a wonderful market.

I could pull a chadta here and say Penguin fans are the shi***iest fans in the NHL...but I will not stoop to that level.;D

SoCalBronco
01-18-2009, 03:26 PM
LA doesn't want a football team, it's the gajillionares that think its a wonderful market.

I could pull a chadta here and say Penguin fans are the shi***iest fans in the NHL...but I will not stoop to that level.;D

Yeah, you wouldn't want to do that, cause you wouldn't want to be called Eklund. ;D

24champ
01-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, you wouldn't want to do that, cause you wouldn't want to be called Eklund. ;D

Just another rumor I heard from Chadta/Eklund...

"Socal likes to smoke Crosbys pole (e5)"

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/socallikescrosbyspolee5

Hilarious!

SureShot
01-18-2009, 04:05 PM
i am slightly curious where those fans are going to go now that the Raiders don't look like they will be putting it together anytime soon and the Chargers are in decline.
Will they stick with the good team in the west or hope the 49ers pull it together and stick with the California teams to bandwagon for?

I guess we will have more posters here with socal or some other cal in their name.

broncofan2438
01-18-2009, 04:09 PM
San diego fans are a joke

24champ
01-18-2009, 04:11 PM
San diego fans are a joke

:spit:

You have no room to talk in this thread.

AZBroncomaniac
01-18-2009, 05:14 PM
:spit:

You have no room to talk in this thread.

NO SHEEIT

broncosteven
01-18-2009, 05:39 PM

I live in Chicago, The cub have gone 101 years without winning anything.

Thank god I am a White Sox fan and we won in '05, 2005.

JJJ
01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Bullsh*t. San Diego is made up of fans that are ****ing Fairies. Padres don't draw people anymore...and that's why their payroll took a nice dip. Besides nobody goes unless the Giants or Dodgers are in SD.

You are smoking something ALF. Pads drew 2.4m in 2008 with an absolutely horrible team.

24champ
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
You are smoking something ALF. Pads drew 2.4m in 2008 with an absolutely horrible team.

Link? Last time I watched a Madre game was on FSN RM where the Rockies played them and DogpoopCo was nearly empty.

Wes Mantooth
01-18-2009, 10:26 PM
have your friend name the QB for the Chargers who led them to their one and only SB.

boltaneer
01-18-2009, 10:48 PM
I have many friends here who aren't native San Diegans who grew up rooting for other teams in cities they were born or raised in and natrually still root for their teams.

All the native San Diegans I know who are football fans are Charger fans and that's it. But my transplant friends will "bandwagon" over to the Chargers occasionally when they're team is out of the playoffs or it doesn't affect their team because they live here. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

You also have to remember that there are A LOT of transplants here from other countries who aren't football fans at all but they will attempt to "bandwagon" on when it's a big game or it's playoff time. Nothing wrong with that as well.

Los Broncos
01-18-2009, 11:25 PM
have your friend name the QB for the Chargers who led them to their one and only SB.

Good call, should of thought of it.

broncocalijohn
01-20-2009, 05:30 PM

SD is a bunch of pot induced, last minute fans that are the biggest bandwagon fans. By bandwagon, they act like they have been the top dog forever. Maybe in the lean years they drew better than teams like the Rams and Raiders but it is this new crop of crap that has piled onto the Chargers. Add former soft Raider fan to the mix and you got crapola. BUT, SD Padres have lowered their payroll based on the owners divorce. That is fact.

DBroncos4life
01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Drew Brees was the first QB that most current Chargers fans knew.

I guess the Ryan Leaf banwagon was short lived then?

JJJ
01-21-2009, 03:12 PM

Stan the Man

crawdad
01-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Stan the Man was Stan Musial and he never played football. Stan Humphries is a far stretch from Stan the Man.

Ambiguous
01-21-2009, 03:22 PM

Are you sure about that?

I moved here in 1999, so I can only speak for the last decade. Charger games were like Mile High West for a while there. I'm willing to give a pass on that since it was the Ryan Leaf era, but still. That was my first impression of Charger games.

And the Padres... Those really are the worst and most boring sporting events I have ever been to. Rockies games are pretty lame too, but holy **** Padres games just flat out suck. I have to say that fanbase is the most apathetic group I have ever personally witnessed.

Ambiguous
01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
I have many friends here who aren't native San Diegans who grew up rooting for other teams in cities they were born or raised in and natrually still root for their teams.

All the native San Diegans I know who are football fans are Charger fans and that's it. But my transplant friends will "bandwagon" over to the Chargers occasionally when they're team is out of the playoffs or it doesn't affect their team because they live here. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

You also have to remember that there are A LOT of transplants here from other countries who aren't football fans at all but they will attempt to "bandwagon" on when it's a big game or it's playoff time. Nothing wrong with that as well.

I agree 100%. I know maybe two people that were actually born here, so this is dead on.

JJJ
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Link? Last time I watched a Madre game was on FSN RM where the Rockies played them and DogpoopCo was nearly empty.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/padratte.shtml

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/rockattn.shtml

You will notice over the last 5 years the Pads have outdrawn the Rockies by over 400k per season. 13.6m vs. 11.4m.

What? You say the Rockes would draw better if they won more like when they were drawing over 3m regularly? Isn't that the absolute definition of fair weather fans?

When your teams suck you don't show up. Nuggets ring a bell.

And hmmm...now the Avalanche suck and the average attendance is no longer 18,007, the sellout level. Sellout streak ends just by accident in 2007?

You guys are serious hypocrytes.

Lets cut all the SD is fan weather fan territory bullshiat.

24champ
01-21-2009, 04:14 PM
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/padratte.shtml

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/rockattn.shtml

You will notice over the last 5 years the Pads have outdrawn the Rockies by over 400k per season. 13.6m vs. 11.4m.

What? You say the Rockes would draw better if they won more like when they were drawing over 3m regularly? Isn't that the absolute definition of fair weather fans?

When your teams suck you don't show up. Nuggets ring a bell.

And hmmm...now the Avalanche suck and the average attendance is no longer 18,007, the sellout level. Sellout streak ends just by accident in 2007?

You guys are serious hypocrytes.

Lets cut all the SD is fan weather fan territory bullshiat.

First thing your wrong to assume I am a Denver Nuggets, Avalanche, Rockies fan. I am not a fan of any of those teams, just the Broncos and some college hockey teams around here.

I will however say this...Denver is a sports town. There is a reason Denver has an NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB team here. Here is a clue... it isn't because it has fairweather fans.

Denver also pays for some pretty nice facilities for their teams, Mile High Stadium, Pepsi, Coors. Shows that people around here are willing to put the resources to the teams here. Petco is a nice stadium, been there 2 times, however as a Dodger fan...the place was Dodger Stadium south for us. The only times that place is full is when Dodgers or Giants are in town. Other than that...from watching the Rockies play there, it really isn't full more like 3/4ths empty.

Far as I know about San Diego, there has been rampant rumors of SDSU losing their football team. lost the Rockets to Houston, then the Clippers bailed SD for LA.San Diego Gulls a minor league hockey team there for years has folded, and we all know the Chargers haven't gotten a new stadium.

If San Diego was a sports town, then it would pay for a stadium and have more than 2 major sports teams...but I know the financials for it are impossible because you morons keep electing corrupt jackoffs that have ruined your budget.

boltaneer
01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
First thing your wrong to assume I am a Denver Nuggets, Avalanche, Rockies fan. I am not a fan of any of those teams, just the Broncos and some college hockey teams around here.

I will however say this...Denver is a sports town. There is a reason Denver has an NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB team here. Here is a clue... it isn't because it has fairweather fans.

Denver also pays for some pretty nice facilities for their teams, Mile High Stadium, Pepsi, Coors. Shows that people around here are willing to put the resources to the teams here. Petco is a nice stadium, been there 2 times, however as a Dodger fan...the place was Dodger Stadium south for us. The only times that place is full is when Dodgers or Giants are in town. Other than that...from watching the Rockies play there, it really isn't full more like 3/4ths empty.

Far as I know about San Diego, there has been rampant rumors of SDSU losing their football team. lost the Rockets to Houston, then the Clippers bailed SD for LA.San Diego Gulls a minor league hockey team there for years has folded, and we all know the Chargers haven't gotten a new stadium.

If San Diego was a sports town, then it would pay for a stadium and have more than 2 major sports teams...but I know the financials for it are impossible because you morons keep electing corrupt jackoffs that have ruined your budget.

There you go. These issues you talk about are all about money, which isn't in the hands of the fans.

Yes, we've elected morons into office but hopefully that's finally been corrected with this most recent election a few months ago.

And Denver and most other cities don't face the same financial problems that cities like San Diego or LA because of things like immigration issues. To imply that 'Denver paid for a stadium so San Diego can too' is completely ignorant.

JJJ
01-21-2009, 04:44 PM

You were enough of a baseball fan to ask for the link.

I would never go so far as to say that San Diego is a sports town. It is clearly not.

But considering how on the average abysmil SD teams have been over the last 50 years the fans there should get far more credit than they do.

But Denver's rep as a sports town is part truth and part smoke and mirrors. When your teams suck you don't show just like most other towns. I remember a very empty Mile High during a 40-3 loss two years ago.

broncocalijohn
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
You were enough of a baseball fan to ask for the link.

I would never go so far as to say that San Diego is a sports town. It is clearly not.

But considering how on the average abysmil SD teams have been over the last 50 years the fans there should get far more credit than they do.

But Denver's rep as a sports town is part truth and part smoke and mirrors. When your teams suck you don't show just like most other towns. I remember a very empty Mile High during a 40-3 loss two years ago.

Two things. It wasnt empty at the beginning of the game and two, losing badly in horrible weather drove the fans out of the stadium. All you have to know is that you needed to extent both last year's playoff game and first game this season deadline to make sure a blackout wouldnt occur.

boltaneer
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM

Yep. This is just human nature. When things aren't going well, people lose interest and it doesn't matter what city you live in. It applies to anyone.

Look at KC. They have a reputation of being one of the crazies and loudest stadiums in the NFL and look how far that has fallen. No one is exempt.