PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan was our last visible link to the Super Bowls

Blart
01-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Sure there's other staff left over, but they're all behind the scenes and rarely get camera time.

When I watch the Broncos next year, there won't be any faces from my favorite two seasons. I'm still a Broncos fan, and only a Broncos fan, but they feel a little less like my team.

UberBroncoMan
01-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Bleh... I still give Turner and Dennison the nod since they've both been coaching on this team since before the Super Bowls.

Taco John
01-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Sure there's other staff left over, but they're all behind the scenes and rarely get camera time.

When I watch the Broncos next year, there won't be any faces from my favorite two seasons. I'm still a Broncos fan, and only a Broncos fan, but they feel a little less like my team.

You'll feel better once we start seeing this team compete. I remember feeling that way when Reeves was fired. It just didn't seem right to me, and I wasn't so sure about Wade Phillips as a HC. But once they took the field, it was still the Broncos.

tsiguy96
01-17-2009, 02:49 PM
mike leach

tsiguy96
01-17-2009, 02:50 PM
You'll feel better once we start seeing this team compete. I remember feeling that way when Reeves was fired. It just didn't seem right to me, and I wasn't so sure about Wade Phillips as a HC. But once they took the field, it was still the Broncos.

not with a gutless drunk as an owner. how dare he.

Taco John
01-17-2009, 03:02 PM
not with a gutless drunk as an owner. how dare he.

Was there a point to that? I was trying to make a guy feel better. What are you trying to do?

tsiguy96
01-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Was there a point to that? I was trying to make a guy feel better. What are you trying to do?

reference your total hatred for the pat firing shanahan. in case you forgot.

Taco John
01-17-2009, 03:05 PM
reference your total hatred for the pat firing shanahan. in case you forgot.

Yeah, I caught that... but to what end?

I think everybody here is clear on the fact that I think Bowlen made a mistake, and that I'm currently not a fan of the man. I'm just trying to understand what the point of bringing it up in this thread is.

tsiguy96
01-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I caught that... but to what end?

I think everybody here is clear on the fact that I think Bowlen made a mistake, and that I'm currently not a fan of the man. I'm just trying to understand what the point of bringing it up in this thread is.

the same man hired our next super bowl winning coach :charge:

Taco John
01-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Let's hope so, homer.

tsiguy96
01-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Let's hope so, homer.

im a fan of the broncos, i always hope we go to the super bowl, and will support the coach and owner in whatever direction it takes them to get there. theres no question pats only goal is a SB trophy, i will trust his judgment in what it takes to get one, he has succeeded before and has been to the big game a LOT.

:woowoo:

HEAV
01-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Let's hope so, homer.

Oh brother...

Pot meet Kettle.

BroncoMan4ever
01-17-2009, 05:15 PM
honeslty, i am glad the last remaining parts to the Super Bowl teams are gone. I am thankful for the titles they brought us, but that was a decade ago and it is time to move on.

We can't keep living in the past, and remembering the golden days, we need to move forward and create new memories and titles to build on.

tsiguy96
01-17-2009, 05:17 PM
honeslty, i am glad the last remaining parts to the Super Bowl teams are gone. I am thankful for the titles they brought us, but that was a decade ago and it is time to move on.

We can't keep living in the past, and remembering the golden days, we need to move forward and create new memories and titles to build on.

its like the fat guy rocking a beer talking about how his high school team coulda made state....

Jens1893
01-17-2009, 05:28 PM
The jerseys will always remember me of the 2 Lombardis.

frerottenextelway
01-17-2009, 05:41 PM

the same man threatened to move the team before too. hopefully he made the right decision here, but we don't have a great owner.

tsiguy96
01-17-2009, 05:50 PM
the same man threatened to move the team before too. hopefully he made the right decision here, but we don't have a great owner.

the vast majority of owners and players in the NFL disagree. ill take their side. even shanahan admitted it after he got fired that bowlen is (in his words) the best owner in all of sports. there is a reason nearly everyone said the broncos is the crown jewel of available coaching jobs this offseason.

baja
01-17-2009, 06:01 PM
As a long time Bronco fan I have a different take on this, "Winning is everything." mantra most put forth here. What I want to see is a good football game with both teams playing like they want to win. Mike Shanahan's Broncos have not given me that for several years now. I am glad he is gone and it was the right thing to do for this team.

baja
01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Just like the Raiders are no longer about "Pride and Poise" the recent Broncos did not play up to the standard that is fun to watch.

Killericon
01-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Bowlen is still here.

BroncoMan4ever
01-17-2009, 06:21 PM
its like the fat guy rocking a beer talking about how his high school team coulda made state....

exactly.

frerottenextelway
01-17-2009, 06:25 PM
the vast majority of owners and players in the NFL disagree. ill take their side. even shanahan admitted it after he got fired that bowlen is (in his words) the best owner in all of sports. there is a reason nearly everyone said the broncos is the crown jewel of available coaching jobs this offseason.

players and owners love art modell too. i think his threats of moving the team were a pretty classless thing to do. maybe that's just me. maybe its different because his were empty rhetoric, where modell went through with it. i dunno.

obediah
01-17-2009, 09:14 PM

well first off you must have just become a Bronco fan when rat fink Shanahoohoo came our coach, The Broncos have not looked like the Broncos since the 98,99 and Kubiak left the Broncos. Your beloved Shanafag was NEVER part of that and never will be in my mind. You all can fool yourself by his rat faced horse**** but i never will. Maybe now the Broncos will gain the passion and heart they once had now that that cocky hom0 is gone.

You should stop being a fan, go be a KC or Oakland Fan they like dip****s like Shanadumbass that WALK INTO A SUPERBOWL TEAM, instead of building one. im so sick of you retards that think you are football experts and make absolutely no sense.

and btw if your two favorite seasons are in this decade you are as worthless as a used condom. please commit suicide as soon as possible. and honestly i mean that...

blah you suck!

frerottenextelway
01-17-2009, 10:08 PM
well first off you must have just become a Bronco fan when rat fink Shanahoohoo came our coach, The Broncos have not looked like the Broncos since the 98,99 and Kubiak left the Broncos. Your beloved Shanafag was NEVER part of that and never will be in my mind. You all can fool yourself by his rat faced horse**** but i never will. Maybe now the Broncos will gain the passion and heart they once had now that that cocky hom0 is gone.

You should stop being a fan, go be a KC or Oakland Fan they like dip****s like Shanadumbass that WALK INTO A SUPERBOWL TEAM, instead of building one. im so sick of you retards that think you are football experts and make absolutely no sense.

and btw if your two favorite seasons are in this decade you are as worthless as a used condom. please commit suicide as soon as possible. and honestly i mean that...

blah you suck!

And the trophy for the biggest drunken retard on the OM goes to you. Congrats! Be sure to thank all your family and friend.

http://images.findgift.com/Graphics/Gifts/140/PR_103554.jpg

Florida_Bronco
01-17-2009, 10:21 PM

blah you suck!

You're one big jagoff, ya know that?

Hopefully TJ flushes your ass.

azbroncfan
01-17-2009, 10:26 PM

BS he is a great owner who isn't afraid to spend money unlike Bidwell for players and he lets his coaches do what he hired them to do unlike Jerry Jones.