PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd attempt at a Mock

Broncos_OTM
01-16-2009, 10:05 PM
C Powell with added weight would be a good NT. From everything i have read he would be ideal at NT except for his size probably needs to gain atleast 20 lbs.

My offseason would be

T Suggs.
C Canty.
C Crowder

Draft.
*Trade down with anyone looking to Get Raji. i dont see him going past the chargers. just for the heck of it ill say NE
** Trade Doom to Houston Texans. for a 3rd
***Try to trade T Crowder for a Conditional 4th Rounder
1. Clint Sintim OLB Virginia
2. Ron Brace DT BC
2. Jarron Gilbert DT San Jose State His stock is Skyrocketing.Also played in a 3-4 in college.
3. Rashad Johnson S Alabama
3. James Davis RB Clemson
4. E Cook S Wake Forrest.
5. Clay Matthews LB USC
5. Jasper Brinkley MLB S. Carolina
6. Eric Wood C Louisville
6. Joe Burnett CB Central Florida
7.Antonio Dixon DT Miami Risk vs Reward is worth taking a flyer

Depth Chart

LDE J Gilbert/M Thomas/Dwayne Robertson(depending on really how much we owe him)
NT R Brace/C Powell/Antonio Dixon
RDE C Canty/E Ekuban
SOLB C Sintim/J Winborn/Clay Matthews
SMLB C Crowder/S Larsen
WMLB DJ Williams/J Brinley
JOLB T Suggs/J Moss
CB Champ/Josh Bell
CB Dre Bly/JMFW
SS Josh Barrett/E Cook
FS R Johnson/J Barrett

socalorado
01-16-2009, 11:02 PM
C Powell with added weight would be a good NT. From everything i have read he would be ideal at NT except for his size probably needs to gain atleast 20 lbs.

My offseason would be

T Suggs.
C Canty.
C Crowder

Draft.
*Trade down with anyone looking to Get Raji. i dont see him going past the chargers. just for the heck of it ill say NE
** Trade Doom to Houston Texans. for a 3rd
***Try to trade T Crowder for a Conditional 4th Rounder
1. Clint Sintim OLB Virginia Too high for me, quite a reach
2. Ron Brace DT BC Sure. Hes a solid NT
2. Jarron Gilbert DT San Jose State His stock is Skyrocketing.Also played in a 3-4 in college. Why does DEN take 2, when theres also FA?
3. Rashad Johnson S Alabama Long gone by the end of the 2nd round.
3. James Davis RB Clemson Good pick.
4. E Cook S Wake Forrest. Good pick
5. Clay Matthews LB USC Long gone by the end of 4th
5. Jasper Brinkley MLB S. Carolina I guess at this point
6. Eric Wood C Louisville Use the 2nd rounder to take a C
6. Joe Burnett CB Central Florida Sure 7
.Antonio Dixon DT Miami Risk vs Reward is worth taking a flyer I guess
Depth Chart

LDE J Gilbert/M Thomas/Dwayne Robertson(depending on really how much we owe him)
NT R Brace/C Powell/Antonio Dixon
RDE C Canty/E Ekuban
SOLB C Sintim/J Winborn/Clay Matthews
SMLB C Crowder/S Larsen
WMLB DJ Williams/J Brinley
JOLB T Suggs/J Moss
CB Champ/Josh Bell
CB Dre Bly/JMFW
SS Josh Barrett/E Cook
FS R Johnson/J Barrett

Whew! OK lets check the highlighted areas 1st.
Why would you have Sintim and Mathews on the same side? Seems like overkill.Larsen is a ILB in the 3-4. A pure thumper, and a brute at the LOS. He starts over Crowder, who is a DE. No way Crowder plays LB. Brinkley would start over DJ, who is a complete waste inside, but many will disagree with me here.
DJ avoids contact and uses his athleticism to make plays. He would rather juke and try to make a player miss, than destroy him. Its good for a OLB, but ILB not so much.
ILBs in the 3-4 are attackers that are looking for contact. They are thumpers, that are attacking the LOS alot of the time. Not DJs strong point.
Suggs, yes but if you have Mathews, he would start over Moss, whos nothing but a bust. Again, many would disagree here on my opinion of Moss.

Its going to take more than a year to get the 3-4 totally going in DEN.
So a draft is tough to create.
There are alot of good players in your draft. Theres some real talent there.
I also like that you are not one of the homers who think theres a RB worth a dog crap on our current roster! I like Cook too. Hes a solid player.

Broncos_OTM
01-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Whew! OK lets check the highlighted areas 1st.
Why would you have Sintim and Mathews on the same side? Seems like overkill.Larsen is a ILB in the 3-4. A pure thumper, and a brute at the LOS. He starts over Crowder, who is a DE. No way Crowder plays LB. Brinkley would start over DJ, who is a complete waste inside, but many will disagree with me here.
DJ avoids contact and uses his athleticism to make plays. He would rather juke and try to make a player miss, than destroy him. Its good for a OLB, but ILB not so much.
ILBs in the 3-4 are attackers that are looking for contact. They are thumpers, that are attacking the LOS alot of the time. Not DJs strong point.
Suggs, yes but if you have Mathews, he would start over Moss, whos nothing but a bust. Again, many would disagree here on my opinion of Moss.

Its going to take more than a year to get the 3-4 totally going in DEN.
So a draft is tough to create.
There are alot of good players in your draft. Theres some real talent there.
I also like that you are not one of the homers who think theres a RB worth a dog crap on our current roster! I like Cook too. Hes a solid player.

Thats channing crowder not tim... read it again bro.

J Brinkley has alot of red flags on him. Health, He is definelty a attacker. but i was reading lemmys report on him and sometimes whiffs.

There are alot of holes to fill if we did go 3-4 i tried to get a few guys that have played 3-4 to help ease the transition

If i reading everything right we would be using more of a coverage 3-4 then a attacking 3-4 DJ can cover and plays really well in space.

After thinking about it again i think you might be right on Clay Matthews.

Clint Sintim i dont think would make it past new england. will be a great 3-4 Strong side guy. is really good in coverage and can still attack the QB i would say he is better at coverage then at rushing the QB

I really am looking forward to getting Terrence Cody next year if it is indeed a 3-4 we run.

It is a scarey good class next year on D

Also on Jarvis Moss. your right he is more then likely DONE. We asked him to play DE where he would have been a better OLB in the 3-4 So we lost two years on him. now we are gonna have to switch it up for him again. and make him learn a new position. I think he can play the run better in the 3-4 then he DE in the 4-3. His value is crap so we might as well see what we can do for him.

socalorado
01-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Thats channing crowder not tim... read it again bro.

J Brinkley has alot of red flags on him. Health, He is definelty a attacker. but i was reading lemmys report on him and sometimes whiffs.

There are alot of holes to fill if we did go 3-4 i tried to get a few guys that have played 3-4 to help ease the transition

If i reading everything right we would be using more of a coverage 3-4 then a attacking 3-4 DJ can cover and plays really well in space.

After thinking about it again i think you might be right on Clay Matthews.

Clint Sintim i dont think would make it past new england. will be a great 3-4 Strong side guy. is really good in coverage and can still attack the QB i would say he is better at coverage then at rushing the QB

I really am looking forward to getting Terrence Cody next year if it is indeed a 3-4 we run.

It is a scarey good class next year on D

Oh Channing! My bad! Just automatic sometimes.
BTW, i think Tim Crowder has a place in the 3-4 more so than Moss, Dumervil, Robertson. I think Nolan can really make this guy a player.
Just a hunch. No proof of it whatsoever. I think Moss is a 4-3 situational 3rd down pass rusher and absolutely nothing more and maybe not even that.
Hope Nolan can prove me wrong on that one!people are trying to be optimistic with him, but he basically just jumped on the pile after the play last year.
I think DJ will be lost in space in a 3-4 simply becaue he isnt a ferocious hitter and playmaker. I think hes a bit overhyped at ILB, and if i remember correctly, his move to ILB in a 4-3 was a huge mistake.
Sintim, yeah i guess. NE just has the system already set. So much harder in DEN. I guess.

Broncos_OTM
01-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh Channing! My bad! Just automatic sometimes.
BTW, i think Tim Crowder has a place in the 3-4 more so than Moss, Dumervil, Robertson. I think Nolan can really make this guy a player.
Just a hunch. No proof of it whatsoever. I think Moss is a 4-3 situational 3rd down pass rusher and absolutely nothing more and maybe not even that.
Hope Nolan can prove me wrong on that one!people are trying to be optimistic with him, but he basically just jumped on the pile after the play last year.
I think DJ will be lost in space in a 3-4 simply becaue he isnt a ferocious hitter and playmaker. I think hes a bit overhyped at ILB, and if i remember correctly, his move to ILB in a 4-3 was a huge mistake.
Sintim, yeah i guess. NE just has the system already set. So much harder in DEN. I guess.
I dont doubt any of what you have to say. there is something terribly wrong with this Defense and i think between Nolan, (possibly Don Capers.) and donatello i think it can get figured out in a hurry.

Now we just have to get someone to evaluate talent on D that is worth a damn. i think the goodmans have proved themselves on O. but they get a huge ****ing F on D

socalorado
01-16-2009, 11:45 PM
I dont doubt any of what you have to say. there is something terribly wrong with this Defense and i think between Nolan, (possibly Don Capers.) and donatello i think it can get figured out in a hurry.

Now we just have to get someone to evaluate talent on D that is worth a damn. i think the goodmans have proved themselves on O. but they get a huge ****ing F on D

Heres my idea from another thread. Flame away!!!

FA
FS OJ ATOGWE
LB TERELL SUGGS
DT/DE SHAUN CODY*
TRADE 5TH TO SF FOR NT RONALD FIELDS*
DRAFT
1ST MLB REY REY USC
2ND RB SHONN GREENE IOWA
3RD NT DORREL SCOTT CLEMSON
4TH DE DEREK WALKER ILLINOIS
5TH OLB JASON WILLIAMS W. ILLINOIS
6TH K JOSE MARTINEZ UTEP
7TH QB BRIAN JOHNSON UTAH
7TH FS/CB JOSH PINKARD USC

* PLAY THEM WHERE YOU WANT THEM.

DE THOMAS/CROWDER
NT FIELDS/SCOTT
DE WALKER/CODY
WLB DJ/JASON WILLIAMS
ILB LARSEN/WINBOURN
ILB REY REY/HAGGAN
SLB SUGGS/MOSS *sighs*
LCB BAILEY/BELL
RCB BLY/MOFO
SS WWIII/BARRETT
FS OTOGWE/PINKARD
WINBOURN/HAGGAN are the reserves. I know they are not used as ILBs, but they are the best reserves DEN has.

But if DEN took Cook or SS Chip Vaughn who i also really like, thats cool too!
Lots of analysts say Emmanuel Cook will be gone in the 2nd!
I like the combo of REY REY/ LARSEN in the middle. No more running the footbal against DEN. These two brutes would INTIMIDATE, and brutilize anyone who came their way. Plus they would just constantly clog the LOS, creating all kinds of problems. REY is also a fast mofo who can blitz the QB. With a couple big NTs, and Suggs on one side, i think that makes for a good start to solving the run problem.
Just DJs side to deal with.
And if opposing teams go that way, then send in WWIII/Barrett to shut it down. Plus M Thomas/Crowder are on that side, and they are no slouches in the tackling dept.
With Atogwe patrolling the backfield, as the centerfielder, i dont have a problem sending the SS to the LOS alot. Atogwe's $ at FS.
Thats my 2 cents.

TheChamp24
01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
There has to be a team willing to trade up for us to trade down. What player will be worthy of a trade up? You know, actually, there could be quite a few guys in our range.
Knowshon, Brown, Rey-Rey, Malcolm Jenkins, Orakpo, Oher. All guys I see available at our pick, potentially available, that teams may be interested in moving up for.
You know, maybe we could strike a deal with Philly for their 2 1st round picks.
Either way, I'm unsure of Sintim in the 1st round. Honestly, I don't know who I want the Broncos to take in the 1st at this point.
In the 2nd round, I would say probably would have to switch Gilbert with Johnson, and move Davis to our first pick in the 3rd round. I don't see Johnson lasting past round 2.