WLB D.J. Williams
JLB Terrell Suggs
CB Champ Bailey
CB Dre Bly
FS O.J. Atogwe
SS Wesley Woodyard

Ziggy
01-15-2009, 10:56 PM
I love the Raji and Follet picks, but I don't think Brace is an NFL DE. He's a plug in the middle. Marcus Thomas is more suited for DE than Brace. Getting Suggs would be nice, but I doubt Baltimore lets him go. Atogwe would be a good signing.

lex
01-15-2009, 11:11 PM
I love the Raji and Follet picks, but I don't think Brace is an NFL DE. He's a plug in the middle. Marcus Thomas is more suited for DE than Brace. Getting Suggs would be nice, but I doubt Baltimore lets him go. Atogwe would be a good signing.

Meh, if you use your DEs as two gappers, then you have 2 really stout two gappers that free up the LBs. Actually, it may make sense to let Raji play end and Brace play NT sometimes in this scenario. Raji has a little more mobility.

nickademus
01-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I think Suggs is as good as gone. I dont think they can franchise him and they still have to sign Landry, Rey Lewis, and Bart Scott(who I would take in a second). Suggs is looking to get paid and it seems like we would have a great shot at him if we are gonna pony up the cash.

chickennob2
01-16-2009, 02:08 AM
I see Brace as a good NT prospect much more than a DE. Here is my ideal situation:

Trade back to the mid 20's, gaining a second round pick. With the mid 20 pick, grab Tyson Jackson. At 6'5, 291, he's a great fit at 3-4 DE. With our original second round pick, take Brace. Then grab the best available prospect at OLB. Perhaps a Sintim, Maybin, or even Clay Matthews, just the best available player. Grab a safety in the third, and then basically just draft for value.

Ideally, we would be able to sign Otogwe. Suggs I consider out of reach financially. This would leave us with:

DE: Tyson Jackson
NT: Ron Brace
DE: Thomas/Peterson/Clemons (some holdover from this year)

OLB: Late 2nd round pick
MLB: Spencer Larsen
MLB: DJ Williams
OLB: Moss/Boss/later draft pick (this will be a weak spot, but that's unavoidable)

CB: Cham Bailey
FS: OJ Otogwe
SS: 3rd Round Pick / Barrett / Woodyard (I doubt Woodyard has the hips and fluidity of motion to play SS, but maybe).
CB: Dre Bly

I think this is realistic, and it provides us with a lot of talent to improve the defense. Getting 2 starters on the defensive line on day 1 is essential. Hopefully Moss can become something in the league, because we really need someone to play that last OLB spot. Next year, we look to grab an elite OLB/DE tweener to play that OLB spot in the first, and then look to fill the other DE position in the second. We HAVE to fix the front 7 with quality players. The only player currently on our roster that I am really happy about in a 3-4 is Spencer Larsen at ILB, so we need some work.

socalorado
01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
FA
FS OJ ATOGWE
LB TERELL SUGGS
DT/DE SHAUN CODY*
TRADE 5TH TO SF FOR NT RONALD FIELDS*
DRAFT
1ST MLB REY REY USC
2ND RB SHONN GREENE IOWA
3RD NT DORREL SCOTT CLEMSON
4TH DE DEREK WALKER ILLINIOS
5TH OLB JASON WILLIAMS W. ILLINIOS
6TH K JOSE MARTINEZ UTEP
7TH QB BRIAN JOHNSON UTAH
7TH FS/CB JOSH PINKARD USC

* PLAY THEM WHERE YOU WANT THEM.

DE THOMAS/CROWDER
NT FIELDS/SCOTT
DE WALKER/CODY
WLB DJ/J.WILLIAMS
ILB LARSEN/WINBOURN
ILB REY REY/HAGGAN
SLB SUGGS/MOSS *sighs*
LCB BAILEY/BELL
RCB BLY/MOFO
SS WWIII/BARRETT
FS OTOGWE/PINKARD
WINBOURN/HAGGAN are the reserves. I know they are not used as ILBs, but they are the best DEN reserves has. Deal with it.

Rohirrim
01-16-2009, 11:51 AM
What makes everybody so sure we're going to a 3-4? I haven't heard anything about that yet. Has Nolan or McD said it?

socalorado
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
What makes everybody so sure we're going to a 3-4? I haven't heard anything about that yet. Has Nolan or McD said it?

Had a conference call over a cup o joe with both of em this morning. Hybrid 3-4 for now eventually transitioning into a full time 3-4 in a year or two. :thumbsup:
You didnt get the memo?

PRBronco
01-16-2009, 12:06 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2008/wwhi011509.htm

Just stumbled across this, makes it seem pretty official except they have no sources at all:

With Mike Nolan locked in as head coach Josh McDaniels’ defensive coordinator, the Broncos will shift completely to a 3-4 defense next season after experimenting with it in a limited capacity in 2008. Although McDaniels, the former Patriots O-coordinator, isn’t experienced in coaching defense, he plans to be heavily involved in that side of things. Sources in Denver say it won’t be a case of Nolan serving as a defensive “head coach” while McDaniels, 32, stays out of his way. There are some questions about the feasibility of a quick transition from a 4-3 to 3-4 in Denver since a massive overhaul in personnel usually is necessitated by a change in schemes. In the Broncos’ case, though, regardless of scheme, sweeping changes were necessary well before McDaniels and Nolan came to town. Denver was ranked 29th in defense last season, and sources say a rebuilding effort is overdue.

Rohirrim
01-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Had a conference call over a cup o joe with both of em this morning. Hybrid 3-4 for now eventually transitioning into a full time 3-4 in a year or two. :thumbsup:
You didnt get the memo?

Let me check my email.

socalorado
01-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Let me check my email.

Also, could you please start putting the cover sheets on ALL your TPS reports? Thaaaaaanks ;D

CEH
01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
FA
FS OJ ATOGWE
LB TERELL SUGGS
DT/DE SHAUN CODY*
TRADE 5TH TO SF FOR NT RONALD FIELDS*
DRAFT
1ST MLB REY REY USC
2ND RB SHONN GREENE IOWA
3RD NT DORREL SCOTT CLEMSON
4TH DE DEREK WALKER ILLINIOS
5TH OLB JASON WILLIAMS W. ILLINIOS
6TH K JOSE MARTINEZ UTEP
7TH QB BRIAN JOHNSON UTAH
7TH FS/CB JOSH PINKARD USC

* PLAY THEM WHERE YOU WANT THEM.

DE THOMAS/CROWDER
NT FIELDS/SCOTT
DE WALKER/CODY
WLB DJ/J.WILLIAMS
ILB LARSEN/WINBOURN
ILB REY REY/HAGGAN
SLB SUGGS/MOSS *sighs*
LCB BAILEY/BELL
RCB BLY/MOFO
SS WWIII/BARRETT
FS OTOGWE/PINKARD
WINBOURN/HAGGAN are the reserves. I know they are not used as ILBs, but they are the best DEN reserves has. Deal with it.

Finally someone who addressed the NT in FA. Drafting one is fine but not signing a NT in FA is unrealistic to assume you will find one in the draft

Well thought out. BTW where's Doom?

lex
01-16-2009, 02:42 PM
FYI, I just posted on BF that this version of the 3-4 has the DL playing two gap. Its different from Pittsburgh and others. Brace and Raji might likely be the best 2 gappers in the draft.

Elway777
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
The Broncos sign Suggs for 6 year 60 million with 15 million sighnig bonus
The Broncos sign Atogwe for 6 years 36 million plus 12 million signing bonus
The Broncos sign Mike Wright for 3 years 6 million with 3 million signing bonus
The Broncos trade Jarvis Moss for a 3 rounder after they draft Bown with 8 pick

The Broncos trade up with Jacksonville our 1 and 2 for Jacksonvills 1 and 3 rounders. 1. Everette Brown, the Broncos now have Suggs and Brown to form the most feared rush linebackers in NFL.
3a Ron Brace, the Broncos now have Nt in Brace and 2 great defensive ends.
3b Donald Brown, Only runs a 4.48 so he fall to Broncos
3b Dannell Ellerbe, fast MLb with good size
4,Jarron Gilbert, de backup
5. Mitch King ,backup de
6a Bernard Scott , 3 down back and great receiving back
6b Skip Vaughn. backup SS
7 brian Hartline, 5 recever

socalorado
01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Finally someone who addressed the NT in FA. Drafting one is fine but not signing a NT in FA is unrealistic to assume you will find one in the draft

Well thought out. BTW where's Doom?

I am sorry man, but i just dont think Doom will have a place in the line-up. I barely think Moss will. Doom is geared to me for a 4-3, and he just doesnt fit the hybrid. I dont think Moss will either, but he stays due to his size, and hopefully he woks out. I think he will be a bust though. I would love for DEN to trade them both for either a player that fits this system, or picks.
Just my take man.

theAPAOps5
01-25-2009, 07:53 PM
BUMP. This is a good draft. I have it on good faith that Denver really is intrigued by Raji right now.

SpringStein
01-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Lots of new mocks being posted now after the Sr Bowl. Here's a pretty good one, imo:

http://nfldraftu.net/mock/

Raji at 12.

theAPAOps5
01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Having Detroit and KC desperate for a QB helps, if they go that route.

Broncos_OTM
01-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Having Detroit and KC desperate for a QB helps, if they go that route.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say KC will not choose a QB. they got thigpen who i think did a fiarly good job for them this year. if they can devlope him more i think they got there starter.

SpringStein
01-25-2009, 08:24 PM
BUMP. This is a good draft. I have it on good faith that Denver really is intrigued by Raji right now.

Good faith or good connections? ;)

theAPAOps5
01-25-2009, 08:26 PM

I'll let you decide that......... ;D

theAPAOps5
01-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say KC will not choose a QB. they got thigpen who i think did a fiarly good job for them this year. if they can devlope him more i think they got there starter.

Under Herm and the old joke GM they had I would agree. But they are gone.

Broncos_OTM
01-25-2009, 08:27 PM

i would love to see Raji this year and Cody next year... man oh man.

lex
01-25-2009, 08:28 PM
i would love to see Raji this year and Cody next year... man oh man.

That cant be true. TrueBlue at BF says otherwise:

What I know, in an educated guess about the offseason plans:
Draft should focus on these guys:
Round 1 (Pettigrew, Cushing, Moore, Maybin and a * below)
Round 2 (Brace and apparently they really like Louis Delmas)
Round 3 (Bruton, and 3 *s below)
Round 4 (Jennings or Peerman)
Round 5 on is anyone's guess but I know they like Shipley, Mauga from Nevada, Appleby from UVA and are really putting their due dilligence into troubled LB Willie Williams.

Broncos_OTM
01-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Under Herm and the old joke GM they had I would agree. But they are gone.

yeah, you very well could be right. i just think it would be a major F up if that happened. he played solid is young. i think KC has some major talent. they just need coaches to bring out the best in them. I think there lack of a pass rush is a HUGE concern.

Broncos_OTM
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM

if the guy is real, and to be honest i dont really care but. i cannot believe that some scout from another team knows how we will go. Everything leading up to the draft is like poker. and i would seriously hope we dont have scouts personel guys that are tipping there hat. if they are we have the most naive coaching and PS out there.

Its all about disinformation and confusion.

lex
01-25-2009, 08:37 PM
if the guy is real, and to be honest i dont really care but. i cannot believe that some scout from another team knows how we will go. Everything leading up to the draft is like poker. and i would seriously hope we dont have scouts personel guys that are tipping there hat. if they are we have the most naive coaching and PS out there.

Its all about disinformation and confusion.

I dont really think its misinformation but knowing that Team A is talking a lot to Player X doesnt mean they will take Player X, especially when its not known what other players Team A is talking to. No one is seeing the complete picture. Is talking to players interest or is it due diligence? Its prone to a lot of error.

Paladin
01-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I doubt anyone from the Broncos is seriously talking about anyone until they finish their reviews of the players, and until they decide on the scheme and the time table, and the outcome of the Combine and related interviews. They will want to measure the prospects themselves.....

Besides, Goodman is good at turning up good prospects. Rounds three to 7 will be the test for the Broncos this year, IMO.

cmhargrove
01-25-2009, 09:14 PM

`Yep, that was an interesting thread to say the least.

Even if he has good info, I just don't see any way in hell we would spend a first rounder on Pettigrew. A lot of the other stuff could be true, but not that. I would rather see us draft another QB in the first than take a TE.

And, I am a huge Oklahoma State fan. I love Pettigrew, but taking him in the first would be insane for this team.

~Crash~
01-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I doubt anyone from the Broncos is seriously talking about anyone until they finish their reviews of the players, and until they decide on the scheme and the time table, and the outcome of the Combine and related interviews. They will want to measure the prospects themselves.....

Besides, Goodman is good at turning up good prospects. Rounds three to 7 will be the test for the Broncos this year, IMO.

yep that is why they hired a really good 3-4 coach to teach our 4-3 line how it is done......