PDA

View Full Version : Lions Hire Jim Schwartz

Inkana7
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Lions hire Titans' Schwartz
By Larry Lage
The Associated Press

DETROIT The Detroit Lions on Thursday agreed on a four-year contract with Tennessee defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz to be their coach.

Schwartz, 42, will attempt to lead a turnaround for the NFL's first 0-16 team. The Lions fired Rod Marinelli two weeks ago and interviewed several candidates, including Dolphins assistant head coach Todd Bowles.

Schwartz just finished his eighth season as the Titans defensive coordinator and his 10th on their staff. He interviewed for a second time with the Lions on Monday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11462649

Does No one want Spagnuolo?

Natedog24
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
The Lions clearly don't read the Orangemane enough or Spags would have been their clear choice.

Killericon
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm not impressed.

Rock Chalk
01-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Lions hire Titans' Schwartz
By Larry Lage
The Associated Press

DETROIT The Detroit Lions on Thursday agreed on a four-year contract with Tennessee defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz to be their coach.

Schwartz, 42, will attempt to lead a turnaround for the NFL's first 0-16 team. The Lions fired Rod Marinelli two weeks ago and interviewed several candidates, including Dolphins assistant head coach Todd Bowles.

Schwartz just finished his eighth season as the Titans defensive coordinator and his 10th on their staff. He interviewed for a second time with the Lions on Monday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11462649

Does No one want Spagnuolo?

Must be something about his interviews that suck.

Smiling Assassin27
01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
They're STILL the Lions...FAIL.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
My, my, my.

Who is left for the Chiefs to hire?

Any experienced coaches?

Inkana7
01-15-2009, 04:23 PM
My, my, my.

Who is left for the Chiefs to hire?

Any experienced coaches?

Spagnuolo's 0-3 so far. You still want him? The rest of the NFL apparently doesn't. Must be something about the guy.

Besides, I saw on the NFL ticker this morning that Pioli might not fire herm.

01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Spagnuolo's 0-3 so far. You still want him?

I wouldn't mind him, but apparently he and Pioli don't get along well.

Who does that leave?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Hm?

:wiggle:

Archer81
01-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Who does that leave?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Hm?

Sure, that would happen...are you this stupid because of genetics or do you work at it?

:Broncos:

Inkana7
01-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Who does that leave?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Hm?

You're an idiot if you think Mike Shanahan is going to even consider coaching this year, nonetheless for the hopeless Chiefs. Dude wants complete power.

crowebomber
01-15-2009, 04:35 PM

Who does that leave?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Hm?

I heard Schottenheimer is available if you want him back.

But Shanahan said he only wants to play for a team that has a chance to win a championship in the near future. So, that leaves you guys out.

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Schwartz won't be happy when he crunches his number formulas up there. ;D

01-15-2009, 04:40 PM
You're an idiot if you think Mike Shanahan is going to even consider coaching this year, nonetheless for the hopeless Chiefs. Dude wants complete power.

Did you guys miss the report that linked Shanahan to the Chiefs?

The report that was posted on this very board?

The report that said he would not require total power?

lazarus4444
01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
You can have shanahan. That just means your offense will be good and defense & special teams will suck the big one, bwahahahahahaha.

KCStud
01-15-2009, 05:57 PM
To the NFL graveyard Schwartz goes...

I would gladly take Spags in a heartbeat. His work has been very noticeable and he is a great motivator who can actually run a team well. Not sure why he is doing so poorly in interviews

boltaneer
01-15-2009, 05:59 PM
The Schwartz hire means Rivera stays in SD. Sweet.

The Chiefs stuck with Herm? :)

Reports are everywhere Thursday that the Detroit Lions have hired Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz as their new head coach, which is bad news for Ron Rivera but good news for the Chargers.

Rivera, who improved San Diego's defense after taking over as coordinator halfway through the 2008 season, interviewed this week for the Lions job. But he doesn't have any other head coaching interviews lined up, so it appears he'll remain with the Chargers, who have him under contract through the 2010 season.

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-15-2009, 07:14 PM
How can anyone link Shanahan to the Chiefs when no one has heard from him in 2 weeks? Not going to happen, Jiggles.

Natedog24
01-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Trolls! This thread is full of em...