PDA

View Full Version : The Next Chief's QB?

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28662798/

Sanchez reminded me of Plunkett - big, strong armed pocket QB. Hope the Chiefs don't take him.

oubronco
01-15-2009, 10:59 AM
**** the queefs

bowtown
01-15-2009, 11:00 AM

Sanchez reminded me of Plunkett - big, strong armed pocket QB. Hope the Chiefs don't take him.

What do they need with Sanchez when they already have the uber-talented Grbac... I mean Thigpen on board?

BigPlayShay
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Bob likes to get Dirty Sanchezed

NUB
They might as well keep Thigpen in a "Derek Anderson Experiment" and fill another gap they have. He is at the very least serviceable and it's not like they're gonna have to dole out any money to give him another year anyway.

Kaylore
A USC one year average starter? Oh noes! ::)

no-pseudo-fan
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I heard Bob Loves a Portuguese Breakfast.

no-pseudo-fan
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Anyway.... I hope they do take him. It just makes it one more player that will fall to us.

Smiling Assassin27
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
I would LOVE to see the Chiefs waste their pick on this guy...

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM

the only thing Sanchez is good for is a DIRTY SANCHEZ.

if you don't know, don't ask.

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
I expected mucho SC hatred on the Mane. No surprises. :thumbs:

Bob's your Information Minister
01-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Stafford, baby. We're going to get Jay Cutler 2.0, just without the hothead part.

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Stafford, baby. We're going to get Jay Cutler 2.0, just without the hothead part.

The Lions will take Stafford. Ha!

BroncoBuff
01-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I would LOVE to see the Chiefs waste their pick on this guy...
Definitely ... Stafford potentially scares me some, but they can have Sanchez. :~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
01-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Roh is probably right ... Stafford to the Lions.

Bradford really screwed the chefs here :~ohyah!:

400HZ
01-15-2009, 11:21 AM

Exactly. ???

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Definitely ... Stafford potentially scares me some, but they can have Sanchez. :~ohyah!:

I think Sanchez will be better than you think. I watched most of the USC games. He really does remind me of Plunkett.

socalorado
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I think sanchez is making a mistake, but then again to him, he will make some serious coin.
No Tebow, No Bradford, No Gresham, No Spikes. ( ok, no Mays too!)
Hes in for a high pick and a big payday!
So heres hoping that the chefs take him, and DEN still has a chance at his teammate REY REY at 12!

SoDak Bronco
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
i hope they break the bank on cassle. I think he is average at best.

400HZ
01-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I think sanchez is making a mistake, but then again to him, he will make some serious coin.
No Tebow, No Bradford, No Gresham, No Spikes. ( ok, no Mays too!)
Hes in for a high pick and a big payday!
So heres hoping that the chefs take him, and DEN still has a chance at his teammate REY REY at 12!

I hope you guys take Maualuga. He's going to suck if he's not in a system with talented players that can cover his shortcomings. Jeremiah Trotter 2.0. I'd expect more at #12.

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I hope you guys take Maualuga. He's going to suck if he's not in a system with talented players that can cover his shortcomings. Jeremiah Trotter 2.0. I'd expect more at #12.

I wonder what Rey will do without Brian Cushing next to him making the play calls?

lostknight
01-15-2009, 11:34 AM
The chief's QB position has been a wicked black-hole for them the last couple of years. Why on earth they would want to derail Thigpen given the monstrous second half he had was beyond me. It's not even like the Chiefs had much in the way of receivers to throw two. It was pretty much Bowe, Gonzalas or nada.

That being said, please root for the chiefs to take him. A little competition to destroy thigpen, and a actual skill position still available at our position would be greeeat.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I think Sanchez will be better than you think. I watched most of the USC games. He really does remind me of Plunkett.

So Sanchez will flame out with his first two teams, be out of football for a year and resurface with a contender who has a stellar pass blocking line.

24champ
01-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Matt Cassel will be the next QB of the Chiefs.

The Big E
01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
I think Sanchez has a lot of potential, but he would benefit greatly from another year in college. He only started one full season, and it was good, not great. The worst thing for him would be to get stuck on some sh*thole team like Detroit or KC.

Man-Goblin
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM

With Brady's knee still acting up the Pats almost have to sign him to some sort of tender.

socalorado
01-15-2009, 11:42 AM

saw this one coming. In typical 4 cents fashion too!
The shortcomings of a player. Right,sure. This from a guy whos team isnt supposed to have any shortcoming from their stellar drafted players, yet just cant win important games, with those superstar players.
Shortcomings much!?!?!?
Let me guess, every player has shortcomings, right?

400HZ
With Brady's knee still acting up the Pats almost have to sign him to some sort of tender.

It took that guy reading the playgirl in your sig like 2 months to get back on the field. What's Brady's problem?

Rocky Mountain Stampede
I think Sanchez has a lot of potential, but he would benefit greatly from another year in college. He only started one full season, and it was good, not great. The worst thing for him would be to get stuck on some sh*thole team like Detroit or KC.

Agreed. He's certainly a grade A talent. I wish Sanchez would have realized how much better his odds would be of succeeding with an extra year under his belt. Senior QBs have a better track record than juniors in the NFL.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-15-2009, 11:44 AM

Being Jeremiah Trotter 2.0 is hardly a knock.

400HZ
01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
saw this one coming. In typical 4 cents fashion too!
The shortcomings of a player. Right,sure. This from a guy whos team isnt supposed to have any shortcoming from their stellar drafted players, yet just cant win important games, with those superstar players.
Shortcomings much!?!?!?
Let me guess, every player has shortcomings, right?

Every player has shortcomings, but typically if you are picking a linebacker at #12 you don't want some of those shortcomings to be stiff hips, average change of direction speed, or limited range. Definitely not all of the above.

400HZ
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Being Jeremiah Trotter 2.0 is hardly a knock.

It is if your picking at 12.

KCStud
01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Did Spikes say he was staying at school?
Rey Rey is completely overrated. He makes many mistakes, but makes a big hit every once and awhile.

I would rather take Laurinitis or the McKillop kid from Pitt over him.

I would take Curry over any of them tho. Incredible speed, passion, smarts, and he can cover and shed blocks to stop the run.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
It is if your picking at 12.

Bums like Cade McNown, Wendell Bryant and Jimmy Kennedy have been selected at the #12 pick in the last 10 years. I will take Jeremiah Trotter.

Rohirrim
Agreed. He's certainly a grade A talent. I wish Sanchez would have realized how much better his odds would be of succeeding with an extra year under his belt. Senior QBs have a better track record than juniors in the NFL.

Yeah, but could you imagine coming out in the draft next year as a QB? Ouch.

BroncoBuff
Rey Rey is completely overrated. He makes many mistakes, but makes a big hit every once and awhile.

I would take Curry over any of them tho. Incredible speed, passion, smarts, and he can cover and shed blocks to stop the run.
Curry's not happening at 12, not even worth the mention.

But in a 3-4, I might like Laurinaitis. I'm not a big fan of his, but he might work in a 3-4.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah, but could you imagine coming out in the draft next year as a QB? Ouch.

Who should Sanchez be scared of next year? Bradford, Tebow and McCoy aren't even in his league when it comes to tools.

socalorado
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Every player has shortcomings, but typically if you are picking a linebacker at #12 you don't want some of those shortcomings to be stiff hips, average change of direction speed, or limited range. Definitely not all of the above.

Man, thats quite a list! Just making crap up is supposed to get you rep here?! Nah. Your trying to hard.
I'll give you the stiff hips, at least you got one right, but the rest if pure crap. good try though.
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2009-Big-Board/-5.-REY-MAUALUGA-ILB.html
Cons: There is not much downside to a player of this caliber. Keeping his focus and being a leader both on and off the field are the only concerns; although he has said that he has matured and understands the steps he needs to take in order to elevate his game to the next level. His aggressiveness and eagerness to make a big play can be used against him. A hip pointer limited him versus Notre Dame last season, the only contest in which he came off the bench for USC.
http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1/14/720716/ilb-rey-maualuga-usc
Cons: Needs to breakdown and wrap up more, over pursuit will expose cutback lanes at the pro level.
http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/nfl_draft_prospect/Rey_Maualuga/1026
Cons: May have more trouble with NFL TE's and backs in coverage.
WooWOO! Something he can work on at the pro level! His coverage skills! HAd 2 picks last season IN COVERAGE.
Now, off to the NE board to ask them why Brady isnt recovering as fast as phyllis did! I am sure you will get a response that has to do with Super Bowls, and at least getting to just one.
Hilarious!

Karenin
01-15-2009, 12:03 PM

Dear god I hope so. He is going to look like crap without offensive mastermind McDaniels coaching him.

What would have been really nice is if Brady never got injured and the Broncos were able to pick up Cassell on the cheap as a backup.

BroncoBuff
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
I think Sanchez will be better than you think. I watched most of the USC games. He really does remind me of Plunkett.I'll defer to you ... but I keep remembering that night game in Tucson ... I thought he made alotta bad decisions that the defense bailed him out on. Plus there's the Leinart factor. And it's VERY possible Sanchez is coming out rather than be benched next year. The Trojans have sick 5-star depth at QB ... Mitch Mustain, Aaron Corp are both juniors next year I think. Sanchez is no lock for the job.

AbileneBroncoFan
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
I will be extremely happy if the Chiefs take Sanchez. He will be yet another joke in the NFL. We are talking about the guy that plays with a plethora of talented offensive players and still couldn't get big things done. In the NFL when people can actually get a pass rush on him, he will be an interception machine.

We need to trade down. Badly. I'm liking the prospects that will be available at 12 less and less. But in the 20s and in the 2nd round, there will be a TON of good players. We should strongly consider picking up Knowshon Moreno or LeSean McCoy. And as many athletic hybrid DE/OLBs as possible. Throw in two or three quality free agents (Dansby, Dunta Robinson, Otogwe, and maybe Haynesworth if the price is right) coupled with the suckage of Oakland, the ineptitude of the Chiefs, and San Diego's inevitable decline under Norv, and we are going to be in great shape going forward.

KCStud
01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Curry's not happening at 12, not even worth the mention.

But in a 3-4, I might like Laurinaitis. I'm not a big fan of his, but he might work in a 3-4.

I know he will be wearing a Chiefs jersey hopefully :approve:

I'm telling ya tho. The McKillop kid is vastly underrated. I think he is the next Barrett Ruud

gyldenlove
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Bums like Cade McNown, Wendell Bryant and Jimmy Kennedy have been selected at the #12 pick in the last 10 years. I will take Jeremiah Trotter.

Shawne Merriman, Haloti Ngata, Ryan Clady, Marshawn Lynch, Jonathan Vilma. The last 5 players selected #12, I would take any of those guys over Trotter.

#12 seems to be a DL spot, Ngata in 2006, Shaun Ellis in 2000, Damione Lewis in 2001, Wendell Bryant in 2002, Jimmy Kennedy in 2003.

It seems to be a bad sign if the team in 13th drafts DL if you drafted DL at 12. The player selected after Kennedy was Ty Warren, the player selected after Shaun Ellis was John Abraham, the player selected after Damione Lewis was Marcus Stroud. That leaves Ngata who was a good pick and Bryant who was selected in probably the weakest 1st round ever.

oubronco
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM

Yes Spikes is staying in school

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Shawne Merriman, Haloti Ngata, Ryan Clady, Marshawn Lynch, Jonathan Vilma. The last 5 players selected #12, I would take any of those guys over Trotter.

Clady, Ngata and Merriman no question.

Vilma? Really? Trotter was a first team NFL All-Pro and was selected to four Pro Bowls.

cabronco
01-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I think you will see Gus Frerotte (sp?) in KC as Qb !!

400HZ
01-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Clady, Ngata and Merriman no question.

Vilma? Really? Trotter was a first team NFL All-Pro and was selected to four Pro Bowls.

Trotter was also in a very aggressive system that went hand-in-hand with his downhill style of play and was surrounded by other good players who also fit that system. Maualuga would also do very well in that system surrounded by similar talent. He'd be a playmaker, just like Trotter was. But people trying to talk him up as the next Patrick Willis or Brian Urlacher or even Nick Barnett are fooling themselves. He has nowhere near that amount of versatility, and I think you have a right to expect versatility from the #12 spot.

400HZ
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Man, thats quite a list! Just making crap up is supposed to get you rep here?! Nah. Your trying to hard.
I'll give you the stiff hips, at least you got one right, but the rest if pure crap. good try though.
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2009-Big-Board/-5.-REY-MAUALUGA-ILB.html
Cons: There is not much downside to a player of this caliber. Keeping his focus and being a leader both on and off the field are the only concerns; although he has said that he has matured and understands the steps he needs to take in order to elevate his game to the next level. His aggressiveness and eagerness to make a big play can be used against him. A hip pointer limited him versus Notre Dame last season, the only contest in which he came off the bench for USC.
http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1/14/720716/ilb-rey-maualuga-usc
Cons: Needs to breakdown and wrap up more, over pursuit will expose cutback lanes at the pro level.
http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/nfl_draft_prospect/Rey_Maualuga/1026
Cons: May have more trouble with NFL TE's and backs in coverage.
WooWOO! Something he can work on at the pro level! His coverage skills! HAd 2 picks last season IN COVERAGE.
Now, off to the NE board to ask them why Brady isnt recovering as fast as phyllis did! I am sure you will get a response that has to do with Super Bowls, and at least getting to just one.
Hilarious!

USC fan? Then I won't argue.

socalorado
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
USC fan? Then I won't argue.

Argument? You have yet to make one. :welcome:

Kaylore
01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I actually agree with 400HZ on this one. Maualuga is good but not great at 12. I would prefer we trade back and let someone else take him. I'm especially iffy on any USC player. For a supposed "pro" style team, they sure have a lot of busts.

Paladin
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Kaylore is hunting.......

Rohirrim
01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I actually agree with 400HZ on this one. Maualuga is good but not great at 12. I would prefer we trade back and let someone else take him. I'm especially iffy on any USC player. For a supposed "pro" style team, they sure have a lot of busts.

I'm not saying Rey will bust. There's just too much size and speed there to ignore. But there's one interesting exercise you can do. Go to Youtube and watch the Rey highlight clips, but don't watch Rey. Watch what the Dline is doing. Play after play, there is no "wash" to deal with. Rey is free to patrol the field as he pleases and those rush gaps he gets are massive. Then compare his clips to Brian Cushing's. With Cushing, you don't see a lot of highlight hits, just tackle after tackle after tackle. Plus, Cushing is known for his leadership and smarts. I'll be real curious to see who ends up the better pro.