PDA

View Full Version : So, Im going to see CU Play

Rock Chalk
01-15-2009, 06:55 AM
I have a few questions, Im heading to Boulder on Saturday to see CU play. OK thats a bit misleading. Im going to Lawrence West-West to see KU kick CUs ass. ANyway, I was wondering if any of you Bison fans had been to the arena and could tell me what its like? How's the parking and the traffic?I believe its like an hour and a half from me or so, how's Denver traffic through on Saturday's?

Im taking the whole family to this game, first time Ive had a chance to see the Jayhawks in person (I could have went to the Final Four last year but it would resulted in my divorce, which had I known they were going to win the 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship, might have contemplated it a bit more) and its very typical to hear the "Chant" in Boulder on an annual basis so why not right?

Anyway, any helpful info about the arena and stuff would be great.

spdirty
01-15-2009, 07:04 AM
theres broken glass on the seats.

bronco militia
01-15-2009, 07:09 AM
holy crap...get ready to see an epic beatdown.

last night both the Tigers men's and women's teams opened up their games with 19-0 runs against the buffs

in other news, the Utes opened their game against Air Force with a 12-0 run.....the Falcons waited 18 minutes before making their 1st shot!

spdirty
01-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Ill say this...Bzdelik has a ton of work to do. When a guard is your best rebounder you know its bad. I wouldnt go to that game if you gave me tickets. Rather go skiing instead.

AlphaOmega
01-15-2009, 09:16 AM
1. up Hwy 36 to Boulder
2. Hwy 36 turns into 28th st in town
3. north on 28th to Colorado Ave
4. left or west on Colorado
5. left or south on Regent Dr

Once on Regent Dr the Engineering dept is to the west or your right. to the left is parking for sporting events! As you travel south on Regent it will curve to the west and there is more parking there.
It is on a Sat so you will not have so much "college" traffic but it is the Jay-pukes :wiggle: :welcome: and there will be more spectators than usual!!
Have Fun AlecRaenos!

Eldorado
01-15-2009, 09:31 AM
36 becomes 28th st. No exit necessary.

Peoples Champ
01-15-2009, 10:44 AM
I would say park in the stadium parking garages. The traffic flow is terrible, but its the closest walk without getting a parking ticked around Kittredge (dorm area where i lived, parking nazis)

I would get early and leave late. That will give you plenty of time for traffic to get out, and rub it in to all the CU fans that dont care about CU basketball.

I also suggest walking pearlstreet and the hill and maybe drive up to the flatirons, there are good views up there that put good ol' Lawrence, Kansas to shame.

http://www.bvsd.org/community/PublishingImages/boulder.jpg

Rock Chalk
01-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Im stoked. We are surprising our 7 year old, she has no idea we are going to the game.

The ONLY problem is that I have to go to Boulder. Anyway, I got a few PMs with some really helpful advice and I appreciate it. Bison fans aren't so bad.

jsco70
01-15-2009, 05:21 PM
If you arrive early and are looking for Jayhawk companionship or food and drink, there's always a large KU gathering at the Dark Horse:

2922 Baseline Rd Boulder, CO 80303-2314

Good burgers, excellent Bloody Mary's and plenty of Rock Chalk Jayhawk to make you feel at home. You could also take a nice walk from the Dark Horse to Coors Events Center as well. The weather should be fairly decent.

AlphaOmega
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Im stoked. We are surprising our 7 year old, she has no idea we are going to the game.

The ONLY problem is that I have to go to Boulder. Anyway, I got a few PMs with some really helpful advice and I appreciate it. Bison fans aren't so bad.

Thats "Golden Buffaloes" to you, my friend! ;)

Rock Chalk
01-15-2009, 07:44 PM
If you arrive early and are looking for Jayhawk companionship or food and drink, there's always a large KU gathering at the Dark Horse:

2922 Baseline Rd Boulder, CO 80303-2314

Good burgers, excellent Bloody Mary's and plenty of Rock Chalk Jayhawk to make you feel at home. You could also take a nice walk from the Dark Horse to Coors Events Center as well. The weather should be fairly decent.

See those two little girls in my avatar? They are coming with, so if its a bar I dont think I can make it but if not, we might make it over there.

Jens1893
01-15-2009, 10:54 PM
See those two little girls in my avatar? They are coming with, so if its a bar I dont think I can make it but if not, we might make it over there.

They were checking for IDīs after the Texas and KSU football games when I was there, but the Dark Horse is a place you should see and itīs just 2 quick turns off Highway 36.

jsco70
01-16-2009, 07:27 AM

I have three kids and would take them there. I mean it is a bar and grill but the KU-CU hoops gameday isn't like penny beer night on the Friday after finals. Yes, it will be crowded but the crowd will be diverse and all KU folk. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Irish Stout
01-16-2009, 07:35 AM
. Im going to Lawrence West-West to see KU kick CUs ass.

Thats funny, I married a Kansas woman and I grew up in Boulder, I always called Lawerence a wannabe Boulder and she always called Boulder Lawrence on Crack.

I used to go to all the CU basketball games in middle school and high school, it was always sad when KU came to town as it was the only time the arena was full and usually more so with blue and red. If you stay till the end of the game traffic flow shouldn't be that big of a deal, but park in one of the parking structures, no tickets its easiest. Just take 36 all the way into Boulder and take a left at the very first traffic light, which is Colorado. They'll have some direction to Stadium parking from there.

And the dark horse is a family place up until about 10pm or so. Its got good burgers.

Jens1893
01-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Thats funny, I married a Kansas woman and I grew up in Boulder, I always called Lawerence a wannabe Boulder and she always called Boulder Lawrence on Crack.

I used to go to all the CU basketball games in middle school and high school, it was always sad when KU came to town as it was the only time the arena was full and usually more so with blue and red. If you stay till the end of the game traffic flow shouldn't be that big of a deal, but park in one of the parking structures, no tickets its easiest. Just take 36 all the way into Boulder and take a left at the very first traffic light, which is Colorado. They'll have some direction to Stadium parking from there.

And the dark horse is a family place up until about 10pm or so. Its got good burgers.

... and the best toilet doors known to man.

Peoples Champ
01-16-2009, 09:44 AM

I suggest Old Chicago on Pearl Street. Great family restaurant and a bar. I love the pizza too, you will like it if you like Chicago pizza. Good "adult juice" too. (what I call beer for the little ones)

Rock Chalk
01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I referred to Boulder as Lawrence West-West not because the cities are similar, but because its our third home away from home. Lawrence, Lawrence West (aka Manhattan Kansas), and Lawrence West-West (Boulder CO). :)

Master___Pain
01-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Alec, Dark Horse.

Free parking. Great food. Kid friendly during the day. It's maybe a 10 minute walk to the events center and the weather is supposed to be great tomorrow. Pearl Street is great, but you have to park, eat some where, go get the car and come park closer to Coors. Kind of a pain in the ass with two little ones I would think.

Rock Chalk
01-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Someone in PM told me parking was free at the Coors center. I dont wnat to walk that far because the wife is pregnant, the baby cant walk that far and the 7 year old will whine.

If we get there early enough we may go to Dark Horse but its far as hell from where I live (I live just east of Castle Rock FYI) so we are already going to have to leave early just to make it to the game on time.

Master___Pain
01-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Someone in PM told me parking was free at the Coors center. I dont wnat to walk that far because the wife is pregnant, the baby cant walk that far and the 7 year old will whine.

If we get there early enough we may go to Dark Horse but its far as hell from where I live (I live just east of Castle Rock FYI) so we are already going to have to leave early just to make it to the game on time.

Traffic will start to be an issue about an hour before game time. FWIW, it's 1.5 hours door to door from my house in Colorado springs, so it shouldn't be anymore than an hour drive for you.

Good luck, and no bitching about anything after all the advice you've received here;D

Rock Chalk
01-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Traffic will start to be an issue about an hour before game time. FWIW, it's 1.5 hours door to door from my house in Colorado springs, so it shouldn't be anymore than an hour drive for you.

Good luck, and no b****ing about anything after all the advice you've received here;D

The only way Im gonna bitch is if by some freakin miracle the Bison end up winning the game.

Peoples Champ
01-16-2009, 10:14 AM

Good luck, and no b****ing about anything after all the advice you've received here;D

Yes, please dont rub it in when KU stomps CU. We know your a basketball school, we get it. CU isnt. They are Skiing, Cross Country, and early 1990's college football school (maybe 2001 too, at least the couches that were burnt up thought soo too)

Rock Chalk
01-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I wont rub it in.

I do hope to do the Rock Chalk Chant though :)

Master___Pain
01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I wont rub it in.

You'll be using your gay ass chant and wheat waving cheer plenty on Sat.

Rock Chalk
01-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Wave the wheat! Sweet Fed Ex just dropped my overpriced tickets off. Man, 10 dollar tickets I paid 28 a piece for on Stub Hub, what a ripoff!

Peoples Champ
01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I wont rub it in.

Thanks, let us relive the Chauncey Billups era, best season ever ended in the sweet 16.