PDA

View Full Version : What current Broncos do you want in Mike Nolan's 3-4 defense?

montrose
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
This assuming we go to a 3-4, choose all that apply.

Florida_Bronco
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Personally I don't want to cut very many players from our defense, but I do want to upgrade the starting positions and have starters from 08 like McCree, Manual and Webster to be playing on special teams.

Gcver2ver3
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
i want to see Doom get a chance at the SAM (and Moss too)...

i want to see Woodyard play the Jack (although him playing SS with Champ moving to FS sounds intriguing)...

Thomas to play end...

DJ to play Will...

that's about it...

Gcver2ver3
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
if anyone chooses Nate Webster i'll kill ya...

Gcver2ver3
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
same for engleberger...

Kaylore
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I voted for John Engleberger because I want to see what Popps will do.

Kaylore
01-14-2009, 12:26 PM
By the way, am I crazy for thinking that Larsen would make a good MLB in the 3-4?

Inkana7
01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
By the way, am I crazy for thinking that Larsen would make a good MLB in the 3-4?

Not at all. I voted for him.

SureShot
01-14-2009, 12:30 PM

No I think it is a perfect fit. You need a thumper in the middle of the 3-4.
I would also like to give Doom a chance in the 3-4 he is a competitor and can get after the QB.

PRBronco
01-14-2009, 12:31 PM

Heck no. Didn't Arizona use a funky 3-4ish defensive front 7 anyways?

montrose
01-14-2009, 12:31 PM

As crazy as I am for thinking Boss Bailey could maybe (although I didn't vote for him) be a 3-4 OLB.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Personally I don't want to cut very many players from our defense, but I do want to upgrade the starting positions and have starters from 08 like McCree, Manual and Webster to be playing on special teams.

McCree and Manual can't tackle though. I want hungry players on ST that throw bodies around. IMO only Webster fits the bill on the players you mentioned.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
As crazy as I am for thinking Boss Bailey could maybe (although I didn't vote for him) be a 3-4 OLB.

yes you are crazy. Boss Bailey is like 235 pounds and not big enough to play linebacker in a 3-4. We go 3-4 and all of our linebackers except Larsen and DJ IMO will have to go.

socalorado
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Not only did i vote for him, i think he will anchor a ILB duo in the 3-4 of
Larsen/Maualuga......hopefully.
I would love to see teams try to run up the gut on that!
I actually voted for alot of the LBs
Larsen
WWIII
DJ (yes i did!)
Winbourn ( i think as a reserve)

Dudeskey
01-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Woodyard & Williams would be a good fit pared up @ ILB. IMO Doom's a better served playing DE in a 4-3, he could get us some value somewhere. But I've been wrong about him before. I thought tackles were going to push him around in the NFL w/ his size. Moss for sure needs to be given a shot @ OLB wether it be will or sam.

Hotrod
01-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Whoops I voted more based on who I thought Would be involved more then who I Wanted to be.

Face it if we are going 3-4 some of our square pegs are going to have to be shoved into a somewhat round hole....atleast for the first year or two.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 12:38 PM
No I think it is a perfect fit. You need a thumper in the middle of the 3-4.
I would also like to give Doom a chance in the 3-4 he is a competitor and can get after the QB.

actually you need to 2 big stout run defenders in the middle for a good 3-4. With only 1 DT in front of them they have to be able to take on Olineman and shed those blocks to make plays.

PRBronco
01-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Not only did i vote for him, i think he will anchor a ILB duo in the 3-4 of
Larsen/Maualuga......hopefully.
I would love to see teams try to run up the gut on that!
I actually voted for alot of the LBs
Larsen
WWIII
DJ (yes i did!)
Winbourn ( i think as a reserve)

Something to keep in mind is that Nolan was the coach of the Niners when they got rid of winborn.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Woodyard & Williams would be a good fit pared up @ ILB. IMO Doom's a better served playing DE in a 4-3, he could get us some value somewhere. But I've been wrong about him before. I thought tackles were going to push him around in the NFL w/ his size. Moss for sure needs to be given a shot @ OLB wether it be will or sam.

If you put those 2 Lbers in the middle of a 3-4 you would get run on all day. You just can't play the middle in a 3-4 at 230 pounds like Woodyard is. DJ may be big enough but he would need a big stout partner to help him out. Someone like a Bart Scott from Balt or a rookie like Malualuga.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 12:40 PM
if anyone chooses Nate Webster i'll kill ya...

He's a freeagent anyway.

gyldenlove
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM

I think it makes good sense, in the 3-4 you need ILBs with excellent football IQ and solid instincts who can tackle. I think Larsen would make a pretty good ILB. If we pair him up with a sideline to sideline athlete it could be really good.

My biggest hope by a mile is that DJ Williams will turn into Mike Vrabel. He can be that sort of zone, run, cover guy who blitzes a few times but mostly does the dirty work.

socalorado
01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Something to keep in mind is that Nolan was the coach of the Niners when they got rid of winborn.

I am just thinking of a reserve situation. He played hard for DEN, ( and celebrated waaay tooo much!) and seemd to improve. In case of injury, its nice to have a veteran.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Sadly I can't see Elvis Dumervil working in the 3-4. He could be traded sadly...

Nice guy, great motor but not a 3-4 DE and linebacker may be too much to ask for.

jmz313
01-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I just want to see these guys play when there are consiquinces for bad play. I think everyone except DJ and Robertson can be successful with nolan. DJ needs a change, he;s been praise here too long to change. Robertson, well he just hates 3-4 and has not been good as a NT in the past. Thats how he got to denver.

Dudeskey
01-14-2009, 12:45 PM
If you put those 2 Lbers in the middle of a 3-4 you would get run on all day. You just can't play the middle in a 3-4 at 230 pounds like Woodyard is. DJ may be big enough but he would need a big stout partner to help him out. Someone like a Bart Scott from Balt or a rookie like Malualuga.

Ok, I forgot woodyard was two hundred freakin' 12 pounds..... thats a lot of LB's that gotta go off our rosterin addition to WW. I like what I've read on Malualuga so far though.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Sadly I can't see Elvis Dumervil working in the 3-4. He could be traded sadly...

Nice guy, great motor but not a 3-4 DE and linebacker may be too much to ask for.

Me either...i cant see him covering anyone in the flat

Gcver2ver3

i voted for him too...and i'm never wrong...;D

cutthemdown

I agree he's just to short IMO to be good dropping into coverage and playing standing up as a linebacker. Also he's always been in a 4-3 and has never played standing up like a 3-4 jack linebacker.

He's better off going to a team that plays the cover 2 and uses smaller quick dend. He would be good as a situational 4-3 end IMO.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Ok, I forgot woodyard was two hundred freakin' 12 pounds..... thats a lot of LB's that gotta go off our rosterin addition to WW. I like what I've read on Malualuga so far though.

hes got great heart and I like him on team if we stick with a 4-3 and get bigger dlineman to cover up the offensive line.

Otherwise Woodyard is just too small to be effective.

socalorado
01-14-2009, 12:50 PM
My ideal line up on opening day.
L!OLB-DJ/WWIII
LILB-Larsen
RILB-Maualuga
ROLB-Suggs

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I just want to see these guys play when there are consiquinces for bad play. I think everyone except DJ and Robertson can be successful with nolan. DJ needs a change, he;s been praise here too long to change. Robertson, well he just hates 3-4 and has not been good as a NT in the past. Thats how he got to denver.

DJ is the only linebacker playing OLB in Denver who has a chance to be able to move inside in a 3-4. Winborn, Woodyard, Bailey, Webster (mlb) are all out of luck if Broncos go 3-4.

At 240 pounds DJ has the best chance of being able to play the middle but really even he isn't physical enough.

Larsen only guy with a 3-4 type body IMO.

Kaylore
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Boss Bailey really is that guy from Unbreakable.

cutthemdown
My ideal line up on opening day.
L!OLB-DJ/WWIII
LILB-Larsen
RILB-Maualuga
ROLB-Suggs

It would be small at the one OLB spot but realistically Broncos can't fix everything in on yr and get ideal size at like 4-5 positions we are small at.

IMO DJ in a 3-4 would be better suited to the inside spot paired with a big Mauler like Maualuga. Obviously Suggs is ideal, 250 plus pounds and can rush passer, take on OT etc etc.

socalorado
Boss Bailey really is that guy from Unbreakable.

"Mr. Glasssssss"

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
"Mr. Glasssssss"

I still say Shanny only signed him because Champ wanted him on the team.

socalorado
01-14-2009, 12:56 PM
It would be small at the one OLB spot but realistically Broncos can't fix everything in on yr and get ideal size at like 4-5 positions we are small at.

IMO DJ in a 3-4 would be better suited to the inside spot paired with a big Mauler like Maualuga. Obviously Suggs is ideal, 250 plus pounds and can rush passer, take on OT etc etc.

Well, i am trying to be realistic. Thats about as good as i think they can get it, in one offseason. But for the 3-4 thats pretty damn good!
If thats what you had to work with, how would you line them up?

socalorado
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM

If the loss on him is only 4 mil, pfft, see ya!

montrose
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM

I thought he was slightly above-average as our SAM before he got hurt. He was an upgrade over Webster in 2007, that's for sure.

PRBronco
01-14-2009, 01:01 PM
I thought he was slightly above-average as our SAM before he got hurt. He was an upgrade over Webster in 2007, that's for sure.

I had no problem with Boss's play, but that's probably because my standards for linebackers are sooooo low now it's not even funny. I'd take him over Winborn any day. But yet, his injuries aren't even funny any more, they just take up time.

Gcver2ver3
I agree he's just to short IMO to be good dropping into coverage and playing standing up as a linebacker.

this seems to be the majority opinion, but I'm not yet convinced Doom can't play the SAM...

his versatility is my concern but i'd like to see him get a chance in camp/preseason to give it a try, but size-wise i think his frame compares favorably to James Harrison of the Steelers...

he's so good at getting low on opposing passblockers and gaining leverage that i just want to see him at least get a chance to play it...

cutthemdown
Well, i am trying to be realistic. Thats about as good as i think they can get it, in one offseason. But for the 3-4 thats pretty damn good!
If thats what you had to work with, how would you line them up?

For sure the same way you did except I would look for any tweener DE/LB I could find to not play woodyard at all.

Malualuga and Larsen would be a pretty stout middle of about 500 pounds combined weight so that would be really good. We could probably be good vs run. I would worry about any backers playing under 240 lbs in a 3-4.

I'm not convinced Broncos will go 3-4. IMO we may go with a 4-3.

Dudeskey
01-14-2009, 01:02 PM

Suggs can play olb... I believe he was outside when Nolan was running Baltimore's D.

montrose
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM
If the loss on him is only 4 mil, pfft, see ya!

I'm more than okay with allocating a significant portion of our cap room to taking a dead cap hit and shipping out guys who won't fit into this defense over the long term like Boss, Niko, Winborn, Robertson and Engelberger.

I've got no issues with the younger, cheaper guys like Dumervil, Thomas, Moss, Crowder and Larsen getting looks at their new positions but if a 4-3 team offered a mid-late round pick for any of them, I'd take it.

The only guys I really want to see in our 3-4 are Champ, Dre (yeah I know he's gone because of the cap number, but I don't think we'll find a better #2 CB), DJ and Woodyard. I don't necessarily want Woodyard starting, but I would like to see him worked into the rotation somewhere.

Suggs can play olb... I believe he was outside when Nolan was running Baltimore's D.

Nolan was their DC when they drafted Suggs and converted him from a DE to a 3-4 OLB out of college.

socalorado
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM
For sure the same way you did except I would look for any tweener DE/LB I could find to not play woodyard at all.

Malualuga and Larsen would be a pretty stout middle of about 500 pounds combined weight so that would be really good. We could probably be good vs run. I would worry about any backers playing under 240 lbs in a 3-4.

I'm not convinced Broncos will go 3-4. IMO we may go with a 4-3.

Well its no secret that i like WWIII alot. But both of them are out of place on the leftside, so i just dont know what else to do. I thik WWIII really might have to lose the weight and go to SS if he wants to stay and play in a 3-4.
And as for Boss, hes just a waste of time.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM

I agree Suggs could play outside at SSL in a 4-3, or maybe even Dend in a 4-3 some. Also in a 3-4 IMO he can play either OLB spot.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Well its no secret that i like WWIII alot. But both of them are out of place on the leftside, so i just dont know what else to do. I thik WWIII really might have to lose the weight and go to SS if he wants to stay and play in a 3-4.
And as for Boss, hes just a waste of time.

I like him also. I like any player who hustles and sells out. That's the reason I like Webster and Winborn even though I think they are too small and should only bkups. Only thing that will make me hate you is being soft and not flying around. IMO Boss Bailey does not sell out and has little heart for contact. That's why I hate him.

MagicHef
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm glad to see that a decent number of people voted for Tim Crowder. I think he could be an interesting OLB.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm glad to see that a decent number of people voted for Tim Crowder. I think he could be an interesting OLB.

Crowder way to stiff to play OLB IMO. D end material size wise in either system. Better for a 4-3 IMO then a 3-4. At 275-280 he's built just right for an everydown d end.

IMO Jarvis Moss has a better chance at OLB in a 3-4

BroncoMan4ever
01-14-2009, 01:41 PM

i would bet on Doom being a better 3-4 OLB than he was a 4-3 DE and that if we don't trade him, he will still be listed ahead of Moss on the depth chart.

broncocalijohn
01-14-2009, 01:48 PM

You could have a 2-5 defense and the dude is still going to get hurt. I didnt vote for him based on the fact i wish we could get rid of him but with the contract he signed, he is and will be here in 2009. Who would want him? I voted on guys I like regardless if they will be known to be here based on contracts and needing bodies. I did pick Bly just knowing we wont get someone else to replace him. I think a 3 -4 will greatly improve our situation.

MagicHef
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Crowder way to stiff to play OLB IMO. D end material size wise in either system. Better for a 4-3 IMO then a 3-4. At 275-280 he's built just right for an everydown d end.

IMO Jarvis Moss has a better chance at OLB in a 3-4

Personally, I haven't seen enough of him to know if he would be successful or not, but here are his combine numbers vs. Adalius Thomas':

Adalius Thomas:
Height: 6023
Weight: 270
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.42
3-Cone Drill:

Tim Crowder:
Height: 6035
Weight: 272
40 Yrd Dash: 4.69
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 32
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 7.28

gyldenlove
01-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Bobo would have been an upgrade over Webster from 2007, at least he is a fatass.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-14-2009, 01:54 PM
As of 1:54 p.m. MST, five people didn't vote for Champ Bailey.

And still no votes for Nate Webster!

HooptyHoops
01-14-2009, 02:07 PM
One thing is for sure, most of our front seven would disappear in a 3-4, as we are an undersized 4-3, so, to be small for a 4-3 team, means you are WAY to SMALL to play in a 3-4.

HooptyHoops
01-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Personally, I haven't seen enough of him to know if he would be successful or not, but here are his combine numbers vs. Adalius Thomas':

If Crowder could become our Adalius Thomas I would be tickled pink!

HEAV
01-14-2009, 02:11 PM

Agree it was a move to please Champ, that just happened to fill a hole. I really wanted it to work...but the guy just has bad luck with injuries.

montrose
01-14-2009, 02:11 PM
As of 2:10 MST, I'm surprised more voters are digging on Marcus Thomas than OM Love Children Wesley Woodyard and Spencer Larsen. Also, as bad as some people may think Nate Webster is - the fact Marquand Manual got a vote is just funny.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
As of 1:54 p.m. MST, five people didn't vote for Champ Bailey.

And still no votes for Nate Webster!

91% of the vote isn't bad.

Nate Webster is gone. Free agent and a 4-3 backer.

yavoon
01-14-2009, 03:25 PM

dj williams is listed as heavier than bart scott. both are listed at around 240.

socalorado
01-14-2009, 03:34 PM
dj williams is listed as heavier than bart scott. both are listed at around 240.

Scotts a freak of nature, man. Hes hits like a 260 lb LB. Hes just waay more of a thumper, and intimidator than DJ.
DJ doesnt have the intensity and destructive attitude to play ILB in any formation. He wouldnt last either.

MagicHef
01-14-2009, 03:41 PM
He's all Raveny.

cmhargrove
01-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Holy ****, I was just remembering that we tried to put Dumervil at DT once. Anyone remember that fiasco? I think it was a preseason game vs the Texans maybe? I just remember watching him get pushed back about four yards every play.

Was Bates the brainchild behind that move?

Anyway, i'd be sad to see Elvis go, but we need to do whatever it takes to get the right players for our system. Give him a shot at OLB, but be ready to trade him.

Kaylore
01-14-2009, 03:47 PM
91% of the vote isn't bad.

Nate Webster is gone. Free agent and a 4-3 backer.

;D You voted for Engleberger too!

socalorado
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Holy ****, I was just remembering that we tried to put Dumervil at DT once. Anyone remember that fiasco? I think it was a preseason game vs the Texans maybe? I just remember watching him get pushed back about four yards every play.

Was Bates the brainchild behind that move?

Anyway, i'd be sad to see Elvis go, but we need to do whatever it takes to get the right players for our system. Give him a shot at OLB, but be ready to trade him.

I remember the INDY game last season i think, where DEN had a 4 DE D-Line. Worked for like 2 series, then Peyton ripped us to shreds.

elsid13
01-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Heck no. Didn't Arizona use a funky 3-4ish defensive front 7 anyways?

no they didn't it was 4-3

yavoon
01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Scotts a freak of nature, man. Hes hits like a 260 lb LB. Hes just waay more of a thumper, and intimidator than DJ.
DJ doesnt have the intensity and destructive attitude to play ILB in any formation. He wouldnt last either.

thats not an issue of size its an issue of dj williams being an inferior football player.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Well that may be but watching them play Scott takes on blockers and is a mauler, and DJ tries to use speed and run around people. Just looking at them Scott looks much bigger to me but I didn't check there numbers.

240 is about the limit for playing inside in a 3-4 IMO. DJ is the only guy we have that might be big enough outside of Larsen. My problem is I don't think DJ is 240 and he plays like he is 225. I would guess DJ is more like 235 and Scott might be about 245. The listed playing weights are often a few pounds off give or take.

yavoon
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Well that may be but watching them play Scott takes on blockers and is a mauler, and DJ tries to use speed and run around people. Just looking at them Scott looks much bigger to me but I didn't check there numbers.

240 is about the limit for playing inside in a 3-4 IMO. DJ is the only guy we have that might be big enough outside of Larsen. My problem is I don't think DJ is 240 and he plays like he is 225. I would guess DJ is more like 235 and Scott might be about 245. The listed playing weights are often a few pounds off give or take.

yes, well all that being said I'll take the listed weights over your guessing their weights from their playstyles while you're sitting on your couch.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 07:05 PM
yes, well all that being said I'll take the listed weights over your guessing their weights from their playstyles while you're sitting on your couch.

That's fine. I did say I think DJ would have a chance to play inside in a 3-4 but IMO he will have to change his style. Also Scott has a 250lbs playmate in Ray Lewis. If DJ had say a Malualuga or some other beast next to him that would probably make it doable.

Funny though you like to go by what you read and I like to go by what I see. Obviously that's why I'm smarter then you, I think for myself.

Willynowei
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Jarvis Moss + 3-4 = I-scream Sunday

socalorado
01-14-2009, 08:19 PM
thats not an issue of size its an issue of dj williams being an inferior football player.

<------- See this guy!?!?!? Yeah, i'd take him every day of the week, and twice on Sundays!

BroncoBuff
01-14-2009, 10:23 PM
D.J. Williams - 86
Champ Bailey - 85

I guess the people have spoken, Popps.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 10:29 PM
If DJ had a big partner in the middle he could do well in a 3-4 where it's harder for the offense to know where the linebackers will be and where pass rush will come from.

He really is only Broncos starting linebacker with the size and skill set to make it in a 3-4. Webster, Winborn, Bailey IMO won't.

Rock Chalk
01-14-2009, 10:30 PM
D.J. Williams - 86
Champ Bailey - 85

I guess the people have spoken, Popps.

The problem is, McDaniels said he wanted SMART players so that excludes DJ from being on the roster or anywhere near it.

Br0nc0Buster
01-14-2009, 10:38 PM
The problem is, McDaniels said he wanted SMART players so that excludes DJ from being on the roster or anywhere near it.

But Larson can stay.
I really think Larson could be a starting backer in a 3-4

MagicHef
01-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow, HitmanHouston. Marquand Manuel?

Jekyll15Hyde
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I am just thinking of a reserve situation. He played hard for DEN, ( and celebrated waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooo much!) and seemd to improve. In case of injury, its nice to have a veteran.

sorry... had to make that correction re Winborn

BroncoBuff
01-14-2009, 11:09 PM
But Larson can stay.
I really think Larson could be a starting backer in a 3-4

Definitely ... Larsen and Rey-Rey in the middle ... unlike many projected 3-4 lineups, this one could actually happen:DE - Thomas/Crowder
NT - Robertson/Raji-Brace/Powell
DE - Ekuban/Peterson

WLB - DJ/WW
ILB - Larsen/Webster
ILB - Maualuga/Haggan
SLB - Boss/Moss/Winborn

SS - Barrett/RodRogers
FS - Atogwe/McRee
CB - Champ/Shaw
CB - Bly/JMFW

Bold = New players

Trade or cut: Dumervil, Engleberger, Manual, Fox
Terrell Suggs is a longshot, but depending on how much we spend, he would be awesome in place of Boss.

Inkana7
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Break the bank on Suggs. After that, try for Atogwe and Chris Canty. Draft Eiter Raji or Rey-Rey.

montrose
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
The Mane has spoken, the player they want in Nolan's defense the most is DJ Williams.

Second is Champ Bailey and third is Marcus Thomas.

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
This assuming we go to a 3-4, choose all that apply.

Maybe I'm a bad talent evaluator, but I think the defense has talent, it just needs the right coach and system.

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Definitely ... Larsen and Rey-Rey in the middle ... unlike many projected 3-4 lineups, this one could actually happen:DE - Thomas/Crowder
DE - Ekuban/Peterson

WLB - DJ/WW
ILB - Larsen/Webster
ILB - Maualuga/Haggan
SLB - Boss/Moss/Winborn

SS - Barrett/RodRogers
FS - Atogwe/McRee
CB - Champ/Shaw
CB - Bly/JMFW

Bold = New players

Terrell Suggs is a longshot, but depending on how much we spend, he would be awesome in place of Boss.

Me likey...:thumbsup:

socalorado
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
The Mane has spoken, the player they want in Nolan's defense the most is DJ Williams.

Second is Champ Bailey and third is Marcus Thomas.

Well thats not saying much, considering he has a 13 million $ tag if he was traded. I think WWIII is the better player at WILL like a ton of others here, but keeping DJ makes financial sense. What does WWIII have? like 103 votes? Hes 5 votes behind DJ? Gimme a break. Larsen has 100 votes!
Theres 2 guys that cost NOTHING!

HEAV
01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I noticed a name missing from the list.

Niko Koutouvides

He's under contract and could play inside. What now love Niko#53?

socalorado
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
I noticed a name missing from the list.

Niko Koutouvides

He's under contract and could play inside. What now love Niko#53?

You mean he's under contract and could play STs.

BroncoBuff
01-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Indeed, the Mane has spoken.

Popps will be heartbroken :(

TheDave
01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
There is something really sad when only 5 out of 11 players can garner 100+ votes on a Fan site...

On the other hand I'm surprised that many made it. We have a serious lack of talent.

yavoon
01-15-2009, 01:21 PM
That's fine. I did say I think DJ would have a chance to play inside in a 3-4 but IMO he will have to change his style. Also Scott has a 250lbs playmate in Ray Lewis. If DJ had say a Malualuga or some other beast next to him that would probably make it doable.

Funny though you like to go by what you read and I like to go by what I see. Obviously that's why I'm smarter then you, I think for myself.

you think its a sign of intelligence to ignore other sources of information? interesting.

Play2win
01-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Well this is a nice, little popularity contest, I'm just wondering who the high school president is this year... ;D

vancejohnson82
01-15-2009, 02:03 PM
haha....webster got one vote

elsid13
01-15-2009, 03:36 PM
DE - Ekuban/Peterson

WLB - DJ/WW
ILB - Larsen/Webster
ILB - Maualuga/Haggan
SLB - Boss/Moss/Winborn

SS - Barrett/RodRogers
FS - Atogwe/McRee
CB - Champ/Shaw
CB - Bly/JMFW

Bold = New players

Haggen would be in outside LB position not Inside. He is big enough to play there and only moved to the middle because of the injuries.