PDA

View Full Version : What if...

RocBronc
01-14-2009, 05:28 AM
What if Bates isn't offered a job with the new staff and Cutler doesn't like the thought of learning a completely new system that will involve several years of rebuilding as we bring in the kind of players you need to run the systems McDaniels/Nolan are implementing (on offense and defense) and demands to be traded.

I know this isn't likely but Cutler strikes me as hard headed enought to maybe do this...

How pissed would you guys be and what kind of package would you guys want in return???

HEAV
01-14-2009, 05:37 AM
The the punk can sit. He has a contract and should honor it. Also it would show how much he needs to grow-up and that he's not a real leader.

Basically the kid won't do this.

Everyone fears or resents change to some extent.

Jay is just going to have to understand that as long as he plays this is how the NFL works.

Jay should also look at the track record McDaniels has shown the past few years. Jay is going to still be the focus of the offense and he's going to get his stats.

Jay will be fine.

Broncoman13
01-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Then we get a helluva lotta value for Jay Cutler. He's one of my three favorite players on this team but I don't care for his attitude at all. Don't care for the way he carries himself, the way he yells at his teammates, or the way he argues with the officiating crew during the games. But he is fun to watch, especially when he is on and you are generally sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for him to make a big play. He has some growing up to do and hopefully he will do just that. I was only 10 years old when Elway was entering this stage of his career so I don't remember, but what was he like? I imagine he was kind of the same. Confident even arrogant and kept you on the edge of your seat. He'll be alright eventually.

Broncojef
01-14-2009, 05:44 AM
What if Bates isn't offered a job with the new staff and Cutler doesn't like the thought of learning a completely new system that will involve several years of rebuilding as we bring in the kind of players you need to run the systems McDaniels/Nolan are implementing (on offense and defense) and demands to be traded.

I know this isn't likely but Cutler strikes me as hard headed enought to maybe do this...

How pissed would you guys be and what kind of package would you guys want in return???

If someone doesn't want to play for the Broncos let them go. We put up with a totally disfunctional defense and an offense that looked terrible after the first 15 plays most of the year. Jay has potential and a great arm (just ask him) but he doesn't have the ability to hold a franchise at gun point to get his own whinny way. Change was needed and unfortunately he got comfortable with the administration which was on its way out. If he really wanted the coaches he had to stay he and the rest of the team shoulda busted ass to save their jobs when he had the chance. Say what you want but very few broncos players threw their bodies around in reckless fashion to make plays or to keep/save the club med atmosphere they grew accustom to under Shanny.

Broncoman13
01-14-2009, 05:56 AM
If someone doesn't want to play for the Broncos let them go. We put up with a totally disfunctional defense and an offense that looked terrible after the first 15 plays most of the year. Jay has potential and a great arm (just ask him) but he doesn't have the ability to hold a franchise at gun point to get his own whinny way. Change was needed and unfortunately he got comfortable with the administration which was on its way out. If he really wanted the coaches he had to stay he and the rest of the team shoulda busted ass to save their jobs when he had the chance. Say what you want but very few broncos players threw their bodies around in reckless fashion to make plays or to keep/save the club med atmosphere they grew accustom to under Shanny.

Yep, even complained publicly when he made them put pads on b/c he knew they were getting soft! Who was it that said part of the reason he came here is b/c he had heard that it was a lot easier on them during the season?

WolfpackGuy
01-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Jay will get over it.
Especially when he throws for 6,000 yards and 55 TD's.

Killericon
01-14-2009, 06:10 AM
What if Champ Bailey decides he doesn't want to play with us anymore, because we fired Slowick? What if Hamilton doesn't want to play without a zone blocking scheme? What if Daniel Graham doesn't want to play in a New England system anymore?

These guys are professionals. Cutler's not gonna leave because his buddy isn't on the staff anymore...And if he DID, he'd probably tell Bowlen so, and Bowlen would probably force McDaniels to keep Bates.

cmhargrove
01-14-2009, 06:11 AM
This is one of the first jobs McDaniels will do, and one we will probably never hear about. I think Josh will be able to win Jay over. As stated before, Jay needs to chill out and listen a little more (to good advice). His arrogant side does indeed get in the way of some growth. But, I would rather have a restless racehorse, than a crappy QB who doesn't have the skills or fire to compete.

footstepsfrom#27
01-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Why on earth would Jay Cutler balk at playing in a system that made a potential franchise player out of a guy who hadn't taken a snap since high school? There is no "rebuilding" to do on this offensive unit save finding a frontline running back (which we'd have to do anyway) and maybe plugging Lichtensteiger in for Casey if he quits, something else that would happen anyway. All our other skill positions are set. If anything, Cutler must be smiling knowing that he will play in a system that set an NFL record for points a year ago AND he's finally going to get a defense...not like Shanahan was bothering to work on that side of the ball much so the net result is Jay is moving a lot closer to a full team around him than he was with Bates/Shanny. What's Bates done anyway that people are so enamored with that guy? From where I sit this offense underperformed significantly relative to their talent this year.

Broncojef
01-14-2009, 06:17 AM
What if Champ Bailey decides he doesn't want to play with us anymore, because we fired Slowick? What if Hamilton doesn't want to play without a zone blocking scheme? What if Daniel Graham doesn't want to play in a New England system anymore?

These guys are professionals. Cutler's not gonna leave because his buddy isn't on the staff anymore...And if he DID, he'd probably tell Bowlen so, and Bowlen would probably force McDaniels to keep Bates.

I'd hope Bowlen would tell Jay to earn his paycheck under any staff Bowlen brings in and if he can't he'll find someone who can. What we really need out of an offensive leader like Jay is someone who desparately wants to win at any cost not someone worried about a buddy no longer on staff. If he really has those concerns please go elsewhere and we'll find someone more concerned with winning.

TheReverend
01-14-2009, 06:18 AM
He'll play. He'll realize it'd be ridiculously stupid not to. If he wants to be hard-headed about it, he DOES have an option to not resign and then be a dick if he gets tagged in a year or two and try to force his way back to Mike. That's the only semi-realistic "What if" scenario I can see playing out.

He'll be a career Denver player though.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 06:34 AM
In 2009 the BRONCOS will not be soft. No more politics of the Shanny favorites (Champ) and the hand holding (Jay) of players. Players are going to have to earn their keep in Denver.

snowspot66
01-14-2009, 06:55 AM
He has three years left at least. It's amazing what a little success on the offensive side of the ball will do to make a QB happy. I'm sure we'll have that success.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2009, 07:08 AM
....people actually finished thread titles so that they had a somewhat decent description. That would be cool huh?

TheReverend
01-14-2009, 07:08 AM
In 2009 the BRONCOS will not be soft. No more politics of the Shanny favorites (Champ) and the hand holding (Jay) of players. Players are going to have to earn their keep in Denver.

Yes, Heav. Because if I had to point out two players on the Broncos roster that haven't earned their keep it's Champ and Jay....

uhh

Killericon
01-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Yes, Heav. Because if I had to point out two players on the Broncos roster that haven't earned their keep it's Champ and Jay....

uhh

The Champ coddling will go on NO MORE! NO MORE BREAKS JUST BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST PLAYER ON DEFENSE!

jmz313
01-14-2009, 07:15 AM
If Jay is skeptical of JMAC's dedication to Offensive domaniance, He's an idiot. He gets paid lots of money and will probably be have a better career due to this change. Change is good.

Lolad
01-14-2009, 07:19 AM
amazing how you guys think.. we were ranked #2 in OFFENSE!! How the hell can we get any better? We were ranked top 10 in redzone offense when had a decent RB through the 1st 12 weeks of the season! You don't get better by changing what has proven to work.

You don't go to a power run team, when our O-line doesn't fit the bill! When our Line has given up the fewest number of sacks. When dallas proved in TC that we can't hold our blocks 1on1! Get your heads out of your asses, McD isn't a saint sent from NE to save our Offense. What the **** is there to save?

Drek
01-14-2009, 07:19 AM

No packages, he'd get to sit on his ass, lose his whole paycheck in fines, and watch his career turn into the second coming of Jeff George.

I'll be real surprised if we don't draft a QB in the middle rounds this year for McDaniels to develop behind Cutler, and we'll probably actually start having 3 QBs on the roster from now on (Cutler, a vet backup for the short term, and the young guy we'll be bringing along to replace the vet backup).

Also, we've got all the talent McDaniels needs to run his offense and then some, never mind the fact that in his four years as offensive play caller for NE ('05-'08) he's had a revolving door at basically every position except QB, LT, and TE yet still coached to their strengths and produced a top 10 offense.

If Cutler isn't incredibly excited to finally work with an elite offensive mind who is still at the top of his game then I'd question his desire to be an elite NFL player. McDaniels coached Brady to the best seasons of his career and he just made Matt Cassel look better than Cutler himself, who has just about a metric ****ton more talent.

hades
01-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Cutler needs to keep the change, just like BoFA, and in the end, it will all be worth it.

Archer81
01-14-2009, 07:23 AM

Good ****ing God...what if the world starts revolving the other way, or the oceans turn into jello. Lets imagine another scenario that wont happen.

:Broncos:

bowtown
01-14-2009, 07:25 AM
I love how we actually haven't heard anything from Cutler on this except for the first day Shanahan was fired, when he was obviously a little caught off guard and still rightly upset by the news. Then someone makes a post asking "What if..." and suddenly everyone runs to the barn to grab their torches. This place is a riot.

Man-Goblin
01-14-2009, 07:34 AM
suddenly everyone runs to the barn to grab their torches. This place is a riot.

Are we finally going after the Champ coddlers? good.

Crushaholic
01-14-2009, 07:45 AM
What if Cutler decides to leave because of the new system? Then, you would see the Mother of All Meltdowns on the Mane...

Garcia Bronco
01-14-2009, 07:50 AM

Then McDaniels would have done a stupid thing, and don't be suprised if he tries and benches Cutler at some point. His "mentor" the camera did the samething to Bernie Kosar in Cleveland.

Man-Goblin
01-14-2009, 07:51 AM
What if Cutler had been born a woman...would he/she still be our QB? and would he be more open to change?

theAPAOps5
01-14-2009, 07:53 AM
What if Cutler cut his mop. Would he lose his super hero powers?

jmz313
01-14-2009, 07:54 AM
amazing how you guys think.. we were ranked #2 in OFFENSE!! How the hell can we get any better? We were ranked top 10 in redzone offense when had a decent RB through the 1st 12 weeks of the season! You don't get better by changing what has proven to work.

and we were like 12th in points or something like that. Yards don't win games and it shows. 8-8 says it all. The D sucked, sure. But the O was far from perfect.

Man-Goblin
01-14-2009, 07:55 AM
What if Cutler cut his mop. Would he lose his super hero powers?

YES! ;D

2KBack
01-14-2009, 07:55 AM

You don't go to a power run team, when our O-line doesn't fit the bill! When our Line has given up the fewest number of sacks. When dallas proved in TC that we can't hold our blocks 1on1! Get your heads out of your asses, McD isn't a saint sent from NE to save our Offense. What the **** is there to save?

People love hanging their hat on a meaningless ranking like Yards per game. Here's a quick list I put together because something has fundamentally been bothering me about the Denver Offense.

Brees- 18.7
Cutler- 24.6
Rivers - 14
Thigpen- 23
Romo- 17.3
Cassell- 22
Eli- 23

This is attempts per touchdown, and those are terrible numbers to see. Something has been wrong with this offense for a while. They've racked up all sorts of yards in the middle of the field but simply cannot put the TD's on the board. I didn't even put up any elite QB's on the list really. Brees is there to show that there really is no excuse. He was missing both his top recievers for several games this past year, had a terrible defense as well....and set franchise records for attempts and yards. Rivers passed like 150 tfewer times than Cutler but threw 9 more TD's, and he's supposed to be some noodle armed snot nosed punk right?

The Injuries were part of the problem, as was some of Jay's decision making, but the playcalling really needs to be questioned as well. The winner isn't decided by who threw for the most yards, it is decided by points. For all the fancy yardage rankings, Denver hasn't cracked the top 5 in points since 2000, and hasn't cracked the top 15 in 3 years.

Archer81
01-14-2009, 07:56 AM
How about Cutler come back from vacation and then lets see what he thinks?

skpac1001
01-14-2009, 08:01 AM

There is tons of room for improvement. Denver did well beating up on poor defenses, but if you think we don't have room to improve look at weeks 4-9. We never got out of the teens, and a few times we didn't make it to the teens.

2KBack
01-14-2009, 08:05 AM
and we were like 12th in points or something like that. Yards don't win games and it shows. 8-8 says it all. The D sucked, sure. But the O was far from perfect.

16th, right BEHIND the chicago bears. If that doesn't tell you something is wrong, what will?

DBBBSBS
01-14-2009, 08:07 AM
What if people dont want to live in a country where black president will rule.. will you go jump into pacafic or atlantic ?

Man-Goblin
01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
What if people dont want to live in a country where black president will rule.. will you go jump into pacafic or atlantic ?

What if Jay Cutler voted for McCain? Would it cause a rift between he and Brandon Marshall that would make Jay want to leave the team?

Taco John
01-14-2009, 08:29 AM

LOL

Is this a serious take!? I can't decide if Heav is being for real, or if he's just making a flippant joke here. Is he really saying that Jay and Champ are going to have to start earning their keep?

Drek
01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
I love how we actually haven't heard anything from Cutler on this except for the first day Shanahan was fired, when he was obviously a little caught off guard and still rightly upset by the news. Then someone makes a post asking "What if..." and suddenly everyone runs to the barn to grab their torches. This place is a riot.

It'd never happen. Its a stupid idea because it would basically spell the end of Cutler's potential as an elite QB, and there is no way he doesn't see that.

If Jeremy Bates moves on I could see there being some hard feelings, but Cutler will be over that real quick after his first few consecutive 400 yard, 4 TD games. Brady and Cassel both give McDaniels a ton of credit with their success, and not just the typical sport axioms, specific examples of what McDaniels did to let them mentally break down a defense and know what was going to happen before the snap.

Cutler will only get better under McDaniels. This is his chance to finally blossom into the elite QB we all know he's got the talent to be.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2009, 08:45 AM
This Is Retarded! It Wont Happen

mr007
01-14-2009, 08:46 AM
What if Jay Cutler woke up tomorrow and was 5" tall and only had one arm? Do you think the Broncos would honor his contract or cut him?

skpac1001
01-14-2009, 08:46 AM
What if Jay Cutler woke up tomorrow and was 5" tall and only had one arm? Do you think the Broncos would honor his contract or cut him?

Which arm?

frerottenextelway
01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
What if Jay Cutler woke up tomorrow and was 5" tall and only had one arm?

We would start him at DE and call him Elvis.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 08:55 AM
LOL

Is this a serious take!? I can't decide if Heav is being for real, or if he's just making a flippant joke here. Is he really saying that Jay and Champ are going to have to start earning their keep?

I guess I should have made it more clear(since some read a line and attribute it to the entire post).

Champ won't have pull in getting his way. Meaning his defensive coach, his brother.

Jay won't be babied and will be treated like young third year QB. No more letting him mope around, no more calling out teammates, no more (I'm Shanny's favorite!)

I should have seperated the sentence's to be three seperate statements.

Champ and Jay have earn their respective keep...to a point. They just need to learn their respective roles. Coaches coach, players play.

THe team has been soft (for years) and now the resort is closed and players are going to learn how to train,practice and play to win.

mr007
01-14-2009, 08:57 AM
We would start him at DE and call him Elvis.

Ahh word =).

mr007
01-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Jay won't be babied and will be treated like young third year QB. No more letting him mope around, no more calling out teammates, no more (I'm Shanny's favorite!)

Out of curiousity, when have you ever heard a teammate say anything bad about Cutler? Regardless of what he looks like on the field, I have heard nothing but praise from those that are on the field with him.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Out of curiousity, when have you ever heard a teammate say anything bad about Cutler? Regardless of what he looks like on the field, I have heard nothing but praise from those that are on the field with him.

You haven't. ANything negative about him is due to this new wave, 24/7 sports media culture telephone game. Because people clamor for sports news every second, quotes and information is repeated enough for it to get distorted. Once it does, people run with anything remotely negative and compound it until its a full on "catastrophe." It's ridiculous.

TheReverend
01-14-2009, 09:09 AM
I guess I should have made it more clear(since some read a line and attribute it to the entire post).

Dude, your post was literally two sentences. Kinda hard for it NOT to be attributed to the other....

no-pseudo-fan
01-14-2009, 09:12 AM

Regulator's!!!!

HEAV
01-14-2009, 09:13 AM

I'm talking about Jay yelling at Eddie for not catching a 95 MPH pass which was 5ive feet above his head.

What I'm saying is Jay needs to shut up and be a leader when it's his bad. Give confidence to a wideout, not berate the guy for the world (vieing audience) to see on tv.

Even Shanny said the kid got a mouth and "they" needed to work on it.

But I guess some will ignore the issues with Jay because he throws the ball harder than Elway.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Regulator's!!!!

Let's face facts. Bowlen has cleaned house with the coaches. The players are now on notice.

Either your with the new boss or your out.

Shanny party is over.

strafen
01-14-2009, 09:22 AM

How pissed would you guys be and what kind of package would you guys want in return???That's ok. We've got the #12 pick in the draft. We would likely get Mark Sanchez from USC....

chaz
01-14-2009, 09:46 AM
So Cutler hasn't even made any comments...yet everyone is ready to ship him out? "What if" led to "screw cutler i hate his attitude"??

frerottenextelway
01-14-2009, 09:56 AM
So Cutler hasn't even made any comments...yet everyone is ready to ship him out? "What if" led to "screw cutler i hate his attitude"??

Cutler gets too fired up and competitive on gameday and has a horrible habit of being honest when asked questions. We want Griese back.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2009, 10:05 AM
That's ok. We've got the #12 pick in the draft. We would likely get Mark Sanchez from USC....

Yeah and that is 3 steps back in QB talent.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Cutler gets too fired up and competitive on gameday and has a horrible habit of being honest when asked questions. We want Griese back.

That and he tells kids to get in line when they cut and ask for an autograph.

frerottenextelway
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
That and he tells kids to get in line when they cut and ask for an autograph.

That bastard. Does he have no shame? ;D

Archer81
01-14-2009, 10:14 AM

Uhh...

SouthStndJunkie
01-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Cutler will fall in line.

Most people tend to resist change....but most people also adapt very quickly to change.

lex
01-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Jay will get over it.
Especially when he throws for 6,000 yards and 55 TD's.

Please, no!

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Cutler isn't the first QB to have to get used to a new coach. If he can't handle it then he will never have the mental fortitude to succeed anyways and we should just draft a new qb. That isn't going to happen. At worst Cutler will mope a bit then pull it together.

Cutler is going to love McDaniels because he is going to teach him how to not throw interceptions and fumble the ball all over. Cutler looked silly with all hus turnovers last yr and should be excited to have an offensive minded, qb coach, type head coach.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Can we move this thread to the butt?

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 10:38 AM

because the other players are professional you may not hear those things. All we have to do is watch Jay handle himself and any adult can see he acts like a little baby sometimes. He needs to mature, not think hes john elway, work on his game, and try to win more then he loses.

SureShot
01-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Please make it stop.

mr007
01-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm talking about Jay yelling at Eddie for not catching a 95 MPH pass which was 5ive feet above his head.

What I'm saying is Jay needs to shut up and be a leader when it's his bad. Give confidence to a wideout, not berate the guy for the world (vieing audience) to see on tv.

But I guess some will ignore the issues with Jay because he throws the ball harder than Elway.

Umm yeah I watched the game. The ball was not 5 feet above his head, was directly in both hands, and he dropped it. That play was not "his bad."

So he plays with emotion, I'm all for it as long as he isn't making his teammates worse off on the field or react negatively to him.

Until I hear someone that PLAYS for the Broncos say something negative about Cutlers antics on the field, anything someone writes is pretty much pointless babble. Those on the field have praised him time and time again so I'm pretty sure I'll stick with that.

As to the way he looks (aka mopey Jay, pissed Jay, etc) I will agree he has to work on that. I will not agree with the notion that Jay is not a leader on the field when the exact opposite has been stated many times by those that play with him.

Do you have a link on this alleged Shanny statement? You go out and try to point character flaws (ie lack of leadership) with Jay while ignoring the real issues he has to and will work on:

-Better decisions passing the ball, going through reads, and actually throwing the ball away from time to time.
-Staying away from mind games with verbal D players.
-Staying emotional, but portraying it more positively.

Funny how easy it is to pass judgement with a bunch of garbage to back it up.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Umm yeah I watched the game. The ball was not 5 feet above his head, was directly in both hands, and he dropped it. That play was not "his bad."

So he plays with emotion, I'm all for it as long as he isn't making his teammates worse off on the field or react negatively to him.

Until I hear someone that PLAYS for the Broncos say something negative about Cutlers antics on the field, anything someone writes is pretty much pointless babble. Those on the field have praised him time and time again so I'm pretty sure I'll stick with that.

As to the way he looks (aka mopey Jay, pissed Jay, etc) I will agree he has to work on that. I will not agree with the notion that Jay is not a leader on the field when the exact opposite has been stated many times by those that play with him.

Do you have a link on this alleged Shanny statement? You go out and try to point character flaws (ie lack of leadership) with Jay while ignoring the real issues he has to and will work on:

-Better decisions passing the ball, going through reads, and actually throwing the ball away from time to time.

geezzzzzzz... you new around here for sure. The kid needs work on everything minus throwing the out route at 95 MPH. It's been discussed before around here.

The Shanny comment was made on the Sunday night game.

Hangout a little more and learn more about the posters before bringing **** up.

P.S.

I agree this thread has turned into crap and should be butted.

theAPAOps5
01-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Eddie Royal who is still young enough to not know the perfect things to say swears by Cutler and says he is a leader and he would do anything for him. So that one instance of Cutler laying into Eddie is fine. But he does exhibit a pattern of verbally berrating his teammates that I would like to see reigned in.

Nothing that time and age can cure, at least I hope.

mr007
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
geezzzzzzz... you new around here for sure. The kid needs work on everything minus throwing the out route at 95 MPH. It's been discussed before around here.

The Shanny comment was made on the Sunday night game.

Hangout a little more and learn more about the posters before bringing **** up.

P.S.

I agree this thread has turned into crap and should be butted.

Ummm, this is Jay's 2nd year as a full-time starter, and the first he has consistently thrown the ball with zip. Pretty sure my time posting on this forum has nothing to do with what Jay needs to work on as a QB so drop the ego buddy.:thumbsup:

You're the one that brought **** up and instead of making valid statements to add to a conversation you imply ignorance as if a board is a source of overwhelming and insightful knowledge.

So by your standards, Jay has to work on his scrambling, pocket presence, accuracy, release, timing, etc. Get a clue pal, Jay needs to work on the exact things I've mentioned previously and not a whole lot more...

frerottenextelway
01-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Eddie Royal who is still young enough to not know the perfect things to say swears by Cutler and says he is a leader and he would do anything for him. So that one instance of Cutler laying into Eddie is fine. But he does exhibit a pattern of verbally berrating his teammates that I would like to see reigned in.

Nothing that time and age can cure, at least I hope.

Other than his arm, I think verbally getting on teammates is his greatest trait. It's hard-nosed leadership.

People don't want this team to be soft, then get up in arms over a chewing-out. I don't get it.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Ummm, this is Jay's 2nd year as a full-time starter, and the first he has consistently thrown the ball with zip. Pretty sure my time posting on this forum has nothing to do with what Jay needs to work on as a QB so drop the ego buddy.:thumbsup:

You're the one that brought **** up and instead of making valid statements to add to a conversation you imply ignorance as if a board is a source of overwhelming and insightful knowledge.

So by your standards, Jay has to work on his scrambling, pocket presense, accuracy, release, timing, etc. Get a clue pal, Jay needs to work on the exact things I've mentioned previously and not a whole lot more...

Ya youre dense...

Crushaholic
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
I didn't mind the thread title. It reminded me of one of my all-time favorite Creed songs...:thumbs:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ja7CF5kOW18&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ja7CF5kOW18&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mr007
01-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Ya youre dense...

Sweet, another amazing rebuttal. It's like debating with a 5 year old!:pity:

theAPAOps5
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Other than his arm, I think verbally getting on teammates is his greatest trait. It's hard-nosed leadership.

People don't want this team to be soft, then get up in arms over a chewing-out. I don't get it.

I agree I was trying to word it where I didn't come across hating that he does it but I think he should tone it down a bit. As in less frequency. Its more effective. But I have also seen him give out plenty of atta boys which goes just as far in leadership.

Hulamau
01-14-2009, 12:49 PM
What if Cutler had been born a woman...would he/she still be our QB? and would he be more open to change?

That's roughly an equivalent question :-) This must be the off season. when 'what ifs' from the moon get bantered about.

Lets see ... Cutler sets personal and team records while playing in a passing scheme largely borrowed (or stolen, whatever) from McDaniels. The main difference being that our red zone success was a far cry from the Patriots with McD calling the plays. But now that he gets to play with the real deal who will call all of the plays and work with him like white on rice ... the guy who created and called the plays for the innovative offense for a 50 passing TD season from Tom Terrific and Then 11 wins from Cassel this year, and he is going to whine about it??

Get real! Jay's not that stupid.

Lolad
01-14-2009, 12:51 PM

1st it was jay doesn't play with passion. And then all of a sudden when you do see it on the field you tell him he needs to keep it under wraps. Why does he have act political THIS IS FOOTBALL for ****s sake. Give him a damn break... I like it that our QB doesn't hold punched. None of that political bs.

HEAV
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
1st it was jay doesn't play with passion. And then all of a sudden when you do see it on the field you tell him he needs to keep it under wraps. Why does he have act political THIS IS FOOTBALL for ****s sake. Give him a damn break... I like it that our QB doesn't hold punched. None of that political bs.

BALANCE

Life and sports are about balance. It's great to be a firey leader motivating your team when they need it. I have no issue when Jay tells B-Marsh to stop dancing a take it up field. That's leadership on the field and when Jay stated Brandon was dumb for his antics and not his favorite person after the arm slice, that was leadership off the field.

But the looks, the yelling, the WTF on the field isn't instilling any confidence to your teammates.

Also you don't see anyone going up to Jay after a interception bitching him out.

It's great to play with passion and heart. But you have to control your emotions and lead by example.

When things aren't going right you have to keep your head up. Not pout and drop your head, mope around the field or on the sidelines.

You also can't be thinking you are bigger than the team and make statements liek he has about the shanny firing and keeping Bates. You can feel that way, just keep it to yourself.

He just needs to be taught how to lead. McDaniels (hopefully) can teach him this. But it comes down to Jay's attitude towards the change.

Rock Chalk
01-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Good ****ing God...what if the world starts revolving the other way, or the oceans turn into jello. Lets imagine another scenario that wont happen.

Wlel if the world revolved the other way, sunrise would be sunset and vice versa nad the tides would be backwards and the West coast would be earlier than the East coast, but those stuck in the middle wouldnt see much change. Sunrise over the rockies in Denver would be kinda cool.

The moon would eventually start slowing its revolutions down and actually head back towards Earth instead of away which in turn would cause days to go by faster like they did billions of years ago.

If the oceans turned to jello however, we'd be ****ed.

lex
01-14-2009, 01:32 PM

-Giving the appropriate amount of handshakes to teammates for a job well done...but not too many...you dont want people to think he's gay
-Smiles the appropriate amount when cameras on him but not too much...don't want people to think he's Howdy Doodie like Tony Romo
-Prays the appropriate amount on the sidelines...but not too much...dont want people to think he's Kurt Warner
-Has his hair at the appropriate lenghth...dont want people to think he's on drugs
-Limits his moon-walking to twice a game...dont want people to think he's a white QB trying to act like Donovan McNabb