PDA

View Full Version : Mayocks top 20 seniors for draft

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 04:08 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Rick Havner / Associated Press
Wake Forest's Aaron Curry flexes his muscle atop Mike Mayock's top 20 college senior prospects.
Mike Mayock's top 20 seniors for the 2009 NFL Draft
Rk Player Pos. School
Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
Jason Smith OT Baylor
Brian Orakpo DE/LB Texas
Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
Rey Maualuga LB Southern California
B.J. Raji DT Boston College
James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
Tyson Jackson DE LSU
Brian Cushing LB Southern California
Michael Oher OT Mississippi
Clint Sintim LB Virginia
Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
Max Unger C Oregon
Larry English DE/LB Northern Illinois
Clay Matthews LB Southern California
Rashad Johnson S Alabama
Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

sorry if this has been posted. I know many people like Mayocks mock drafts so I thought this was interesting when I read it.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 04:09 AM
The 2 saftey's at 18, and 20 I haven't heard of before. Anyone know much about them?

lex
01-14-2009, 05:42 AM
The 2 saftey's at 18, and 20 I haven't heard of before. Anyone know much about them?

You havent heard of Rashad Johnson???

Broncoman13
01-14-2009, 05:47 AM
Rashad Johnson is a little bit under weight for the position. He may not be able to take the beating the NFL. But think of a Nick Saban coached DB and you have Rashad Johnson. Always around the ball and rarely out of position. Smart, team leader type. I think he is in the 5' 11, 185# range though.

cmhargrove
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Rick Havner / Associated Press
Wake Forest's Aaron Curry flexes his muscle atop Mike Mayock's top 20 college senior prospects.
Mike Mayock's top 20 seniors for the 2009 NFL Draft
Rk Player Pos. School
Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
Jason Smith OT Baylor
Brian Orakpo DE/LB Texas
Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
Rey Maualuga LB Southern California
B.J. Raji DT Boston College
James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
Tyson Jackson DE LSU
Brian Cushing LB Southern California
Michael Oher OT Mississippi
Clint Sintim LB Virginia
Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
Max Unger C Oregon
Larry English DE/LB Northern Illinois
Clay Matthews LB Southern California
Rashad Johnson S Alabama
Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

sorry if this has been posted. I know many people like Mayocks mock drafts so I thought this was interesting when I read it.

Anyone watch Ole Miss football? This guy seems to be getting more attention from guys who actually know football. He's already 310, and gets a good amount of TFL's. Interesting prospect (maybe in round 2)?

Dukes
01-14-2009, 08:02 AM

Thanks, Mayock is much better than Kiper or that other weasel on ESPiN

no-pseudo-fan
01-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Mayock is the man. The hairspray has gotten to Kiper's Brain, and the "guy" on ESPN is a complete POSER!!

Elway777
01-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Larry English could be a guy the Broncos draft in the second round.

nickademus
01-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Why the hell is Mayock still just doing the Seniors? isnt the deadline for underclassmen past or about to? I am pretty sure most of the big name underclassmen have declared or said they will return to school so wtf is the point of just ranking the seniors. Damn Mayock is stubborn sometimes.

Garcia Bronco
01-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I think it would be a mistake to take a NT that high. We need a couple of them anyway

tsiguy96
01-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Why the hell is Mayock still just doing the Seniors? isnt the deadline for underclassmen past or about to? I am pretty sure most of the big name underclassmen have declared or said they will return to school so wtf is the point of just ranking the seniors. Damn Mayock is stubborn sometimes.

likely waiting for the official list. he has to be accurate or he will lose credibility ranking juniors who may not come out.

Mediator12
01-14-2009, 11:25 AM

Most Scouts do not do final evals on underclassmen until they declare. It does not mean they have not seen them, it just means they are busy evaluating th guys they KNOW will be coming out, before spending the extra time on those that Might.

That is most likely the case here. Mayock very rarely releases things before he is ready, just to get it out there. He cares more about doing a thorough job, than pleasing people with early Mel Kiperish predictions ;D

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
You havent heard of Rashad Johnson???

I don't watch very much college football to tell you the truth which is why I asked. I do read a lot and come draft day I will know all these players.

cutthemdown
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Rashad Johnson is a little bit under weight for the position. He may not be able to take the beating the NFL. But think of a Nick Saban coached DB and you have Rashad Johnson. Always around the ball and rarely out of position. Smart, team leader type. I think he is in the 5' 11, 185# range though.

wow that's small for a safety.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Anyone watch Ole Miss football? This guy seems to be getting more attention from guys who actually know football. He's already 310, and gets a good amount of TFL's. Interesting prospect (maybe in round 2)?

Jerry is a penetrating DT more suited for a Cover-2 scheme.

I wanted Denver to draft him before Shanahan was fired.