Pages : [1] 2 3

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
We don't have one yet?

Go Nuggs.

http://www.all-nba-all-basketball.com/images/DENVER_NUGGETS_LOGO1.jpg

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Anywho, the Nuggets look like they are trying to blow another big league tonight.

ro_50
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
My Spurs are right there again in the stacked bunch behind the Lakers. But honestly, I don't expect the Spurs to make the Finals or anything.

No young, athletic body down low to help TD out and their D has been average this season.

Nuggets have been impressive and so have the Magic.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
My Spurs are right there again in the stacked bunch behind the Lakers. But honestly, I don't expect the Spurs to make the Finals or anything.

No young, athletic body down low to help TD out and their D has been average this season.

Nuggets have been impressive and so have the Magic.

The Spurs will never be out of the mix until TD and/or Popp are gone.

But this is the best Nuggets team I have ever seen (going to games since '85), sans maybe the team that took out Karl's Sonics in '94. I guess we will see What happens.

The losing large lead trend is disturbing (now a 1 pt. game against the Mavs).

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Come on Nuggs!

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.prosportsmemorabilia.com/Images/Product/33-66/33-66556-F.jpg

ro_50
01-13-2009, 08:55 PM
The Spurs will never be out of the mix until TD and/or Popp are gone.

But this is the best Nuggets team I have ever seen (going to games since '85), sans maybe the team that took out Karl's Sonics in '94. I guess we will see What happens.

The losing large lead trend is disturbing (now a 1 pt. game against the Mavs).

You're right, Spurs will always be in the thick of things, but you can sense the other teams have caught up. The West is stacked this season.

Lakers are the big favorites but the Spurs, Nuggs, Hornets, and I think Rockets could give them a good tussle in the playoffs.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 08:57 PM
You're right, Spurs will always be in the thick of things, but you can sense the other teams have caught up. The West is stacked this season.

Lakers are the big favorites but the Spurs, Nuggs, Hornets, and I think Rockets could give them a good tussle in the playoffs.

Well, considering their past, the Spurs are peaking early this year. If they turn it on like they usually do in Feb. they may well catch the Lakers.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 08:59 PM
BIRDMAN with the half courter at the buzzer!

ludo21
01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Suns are getting their act together the past 6 or so games.

Exciting to see the run game, and then the post game working in unison. Going to be scary for the rest of the Western Conf!!

Thursday versus Nuggs, I'd bet sigs, but we dont have them anymore

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
BIRDMAN with the half courter at the buzzer!

:strong: ^5 :yayaya:

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
:strong: ^5 :yayaya:

BIRDMAN going off!

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
****, we are blowing this big time.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 09:28 PM
****, we are blowing this big time.

Doesn't look good, my man. Look for many stories about how badly they need Melo back over the next few days.

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Fast break tastic!!!

spdirty
01-13-2009, 09:37 PM
awesome. :)

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Nuggets win! That big 3 at the half was HUGE!

LOL Cuban yelling at the refs!

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Yelling "bull****" in the middle of the floor. Tremendous stuff!

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
And that's, how we roll.

Go to the vault and pay another fine, Cuban.

montrose
01-13-2009, 09:40 PM
The Birdman makes me smile.

NeverBeenToDenver
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Melo's injury is going to be great for this squad in the long haul as defense improves and backups step up. Those soft, hope-we-score-more days are gone. Thank you, Detroit.

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
The Birdman makes me smile.

http://www.nba.com/media/wip_CA_ellwood3_040210.jpg

ludo21
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
barely. Lucky Nuggs!!

NeverBeenToDenver
01-13-2009, 09:48 PM
What is Cuban's problem? Chauncey got mugged big time.

broncosteven
01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Is this the Hockey thread?

Go Blackhawks, Red wings SUCK!

ro_50
01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Geez, how bad does that trade look now for the Mavs. D. Harris is coming into his own w/ the Nets and the Mavs are mired in middlesville.

RhymesayersDU
01-13-2009, 09:53 PM
What is Cuban's problem? Chauncey got mugged big time.

Well, the guy's a fan. The Mavericks have never ever committed a foul, just ask him. I know Cuban acts like a jackass some times, but I really dig that he loves the game. He's not in his skybox. He's into the game. I think that's pretty cool. He has all the passion of a normal fan.

As for the last play, see this is what bugs me about NBA officiating. All the action leading up to the shot, Chauncey is getting mugged by Kidd. No calls made.

But then, on the shot, where usually they let stuff like that go, there the call is made. See for me personally, I would have liked to see a foul call on the hand checking before the shot. As for the shot itself, that was an iffy call at best, IMO.

I'll take a win any way they can get it. Going to the game on Saturday. Gotta see big bad Dwight Howard. DHow vs. Nene could be good. JR Smith will get out of his funk. Linas Kleiza is just garbage. He had so much potential the last two years. This year he's been nothing short of a trainwreck.

And Andersen's shot was fantastic.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, the guy's a fan. The Mavericks have never ever committed a foul, just ask him. I know Cuban acts like a jackass some times, but I really dig that he loves the game. He's not in his skybox. He's into the game. I think that's pretty cool. He has all the passion of a normal fan.

As for the last play, see this is what bugs me about NBA officiating. All the action leading up to the shot, Chauncey is getting mugged by Kidd. No calls made.

But then, on the shot, where usually they let stuff like that go, there the call is made. See for me personally, I would have liked to see a foul call on the hand checking before the shot. As for the shot itself, that was an iffy call at best, IMO.

I'll take a win any way they can get it. Going to the game on Saturday. Gotta see big bad Dwight Howard. DHow vs. Nene could be good. JR Smith will get out of his funk. Linas Kleiza is just garbage. He had so much potential the last two years. This year he's been nothing short of a trainwreck.

JR is very streaky. Hopefully, he doesn't fall into the abyss.

RhymesayersDU
01-13-2009, 10:01 PM
JR is a true scorer. Yeah, he can be streaky. But I don't see an abyss in his future. Especially with a license to score with Carmelo out. He'll get his shot going.

Kleiza on the other hand... I would like to just see, say, 5 consecutive productive minutes out of him.

I mean, obviously this is why guys like these are bench players. Carmelo being out really throws the rotations off.

ro_50
01-13-2009, 10:10 PM

What's happened with Kleiza's game? Seem like he was on the upswing the last couple of years and this year, he's regressed.

NeverBeenToDenver
01-13-2009, 10:12 PM

Good take...I like Cuban myself but he hurts his credibility..should pick his battles a little more. As for the calls, I agree with you..perhaps the ref(s) was slow calling the foul before and "made up" for it. I love the NBA, but God these refs! Man!

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
JR is a true scorer. Yeah, he can be streaky. But I don't see an abyss in his future. Especially with a license to score with Carmelo out. He'll get his shot going.

Kleiza on the other hand... I would like to just see, say, 5 consecutive productive minutes out of him.

I mean, obviously this is why guys like these are bench players. Carmelo being out really throws the rotations off.

You're being too hard on Kleiza. Yes, he was horrible tonight. But so was JR. But Kleiza is just as big of a reason as JR why the Nuggets are now a respected perimeter team.

broncos-rock
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
What's happened with Kleiza's game? Seem like he was on the upswing the last couple of years and this year, he's regressed.

He looked horrible tonight could not even hang onto the ball seemed rattled or something!

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Get the fu<span>ck</span>ing NBA out of the main forum!

RhymesayersDU
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
You're being too hard on Kleiza. Yes, he was horrible tonight. But so was JR. But Kleiza is just as big of a reason as JR why the Nuggets are now a respected perimeter team.

He's been pretty horrible all year, outside of a few spots here and there. And I think JR is a step above Kleiza.

I mean, I want to like him. I really do. But he's just regressed. And I don't know that the Nuggets are a respected perimeter team.

Dagmar
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Get the fu<span>ck</span>ing NBA out of the main forum!

The off-season mode forum?

RhymesayersDU
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
The off-season mode forum?

You're just going to derail this. (And now I'm helping.) Just ignore, and move on.

RhymesayersDU
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Anyways. I'm pretty sad to have to root for the Lakers this year.

The Nuggets have no shot of catching the Lakers, barring some catastrophic injury to Pau or Kobe. As such, any time the Lakers play anybody in the West (Nuggets excluded, obviously) I really hope they win. This is going to be a tight West. I think the Nuggies can win the division without any such help, but it wouldn't hurt.

ludo21
01-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Alrighty.. Suns V. Nuggets Tonight!!

spdirty
01-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Man what a game. Gotta play some damn defense and BOX OUT these last 18 secs. Send er to OT.

spdirty
01-15-2009, 11:27 PM
whew! OT.

Broncosfreak_56
01-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Man, gotta inbound it...

ludo21
01-15-2009, 11:57 PM
good thing I didnt bet. Ha!

I didnt realize the refs were paid off tonight....Donaghy?

Broncosfreak_56
01-15-2009, 11:58 PM
good thing I didnt bet. Ha!

I didnt realize the refs were paid off tonight....Donaghy?

pff, what blow call??!Booya!

ludo21
01-16-2009, 12:01 AM
ya Hill magically fell down....;D

Good game otherwise, Suns didnt even deserve to be in it but somehow stuck with it in the end to get to that point.

Paladin
01-16-2009, 12:03 AM
No-calls, bad calls go both ways. Good game if you're a nuggets fan. Suns really are not very big in the middle without Shaq, and they rely an awfu lot on the three. But they win games, so.....

Nuggets seem to be in good position for the Division, anyway.....

bombay
01-16-2009, 12:50 AM
A lot of fun down at Pepsi tonight. Nuggets are now 27-10 with Chauncey.

dbfan4life
01-16-2009, 01:13 AM
No-calls, bad calls go both ways. Good game if you're a nuggets fan. Suns really are not very big in the middle without Shaq, and they rely an awfu lot on the three. But they win games, so.....

Nuggets seem to be in good position for the Division, anyway.....

Is Shaq hurt again?

Inkana7
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Obligatory Go Cavs! Comment.

bombay
01-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Is Shaq hurt again?

It was a 'scheduled night off' on the first of back to back games.

Killericon
01-17-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylfhPG47kFQ

Is LeBron gonna join the Browns?

Man-Goblin
01-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Sounds like the Nuggets got screwed today against the Rockets. Anybody see it?

Inkana7
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Cavs vs Lakers tonight. Bring it, ALF!

ludo21
01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Suns V. Boston!!

This was a great game last year, it brought out a lot of intensity in Amare, I look forward to this again.

Also, Cavs/Laker game should be good.

As will Syracuse/Pitt... Gotta love bball

Inkana7
01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Suns V. Boston!!

This was a great game last year, it brought out a lot of intensity in Amare, I look forward to this again.

I watched last years Suns v. Celtics in a Florida bar. God I miss it there.

ZONA
01-19-2009, 04:17 PM
It will come down to the Lakers and Celtics again.

I would love the Suns to make a push and I think this team is heading in the right direction under Kerr but a huge problem still exists on this team. Nash still thinks he is running a full court fast break offense and he turns the ball over at least 5 times a game with foolish passes. I know he can make some sweet dishes but he also throws that ball into places it has no business going. I love the Richardson trade but he really hasn't shown that 3 point accuracy he had last year. I'm guessing he is under 30% from 3 point range so far as a sun. At least Porter plays 9 guys or so and is getting good results from his bench. DiAntoni only played 5. I think the Suns will be fresh for the playoffs but honestly, I think Nash might cost them. All of their losses the past few weeks have been either by buzzer beater or by a few points. And it seems Nash turns the ball over at the worst times in the 4th quarter. You have to like what Shaq is doing. After seeing him last year, I wasn't so high on what he could do this year but he's like a totally different player so far. And Amare' is Amare'. Totally dominant until he takes himself out of the game due to foul trouble. I don't think there has been one game in the past month where he didn't get 3 fouls in the 1st half.

ludo21
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Nash is going to get those turnovers for the rest of his career. The ref's cost us the Nugg game, and I didnt get to see the Minnesota game except last shot.

Shaq is playing better, but still tends to suck at times. Amare is so frustrating... I just continue to hope he learns from his mistakes but he never does.

J Rich had a bad 2 game stretch, but besides that he has been easily shooting over 40% with the Suns. Its nice to have him as a 3rd of 4th option.

Lastly, when Barbosa scores, we cant lose.

Inkana7
01-19-2009, 05:30 PM
How can you say it'll come down to the Lakers and Celtics? I'll give you Lakers, but Celtics? Both the Magic and the Cavs are playing much better basketball. Boston has NO bench. And you can't win in the Playoffs without a bench. They're really missing James Posey.

RhymesayersDU
01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
The C's have a shot. IMO the Cavs, C's, and Magic all have equal shots to come out of the East. Nobody else has even a 1% chance though.

Inkana7
01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
The C's have a shot. IMO the Cavs, C's, and Magic all have equal shots to come out of the East. Nobody else has even a 1% chance though.

Hawks are deadly at home. They're not a bad team. Other than that, there's not much else. The West is surprisingly mediocre as well. Jazz, Rockets, Mavs and Suns are all waaaay too inconsistent. The only consistent winners are the Lakers, Spurs and Blazers.

PaintballCLE
01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Kobe vs Lebron........the nba will MAKE it happen lol

Inkana7
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I didn't watch the 2nd half of the game but it sounds like LA beat Cleveland at their own game, in the paint, down low, beating the **** out of people.

We really missed Z last night. His length was needed against Bynum and Gasol. I love Verajao, but he's just long enough to be a starting Center. We need Z back.

Congrats to the Lakers.

Rock Chalk
01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Suns V. Boston!!

Syracuse/Pitt turned out to be just what I thought. A boring game where the Big East home team wins. *snore* Big East is so predictable.

ludo21
01-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Suns looked like littles boys out there.

My hatred for Shaq continues. He is terrible pick and roll defender, and offensively inconsistent and just plain stupid at times.

Amare needs to prove he is a threat again, he is sucking it up lately.. Ugh

RhymesayersDU
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Syracuse/Pitt turned out to be just what I thought. A boring game where the Big East home team wins. *snore* Big East is so predictable.

So predictably great, I totally agree.

24champ
02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Ha! Celtics and Wheelchair boy lose!

"Ray hold me...Black Mamba is pissed off!"
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/75/fullj.8c5f24f38b0a07bfc871622a8cacd400/8c5f24f38b0a07bfc871622a8cacd400-getty-83005085.jpg

worm
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
James may win the MVP this year....but Kobe has him beat in will, desire and mental toughness.

Nice win.

ludo21
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Kobe is a monster.

Great game tonight.

Inkana7
02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, because that win was totally due to Kobe. I guess shooting 34% is the new standard of excellence.

24champ
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM
“They all wear No. 23 and help James throw that (expletive) up in the air when he’s at the scorer’s desk,” Jackson said. “James gets away with murder, on top of it, on his home court.”

I love Phil. He loves to start shiat.Ha!

Lakers dominance continues without Bynum and beat the Cavs while Kobe was not 100 percent at all. Clearly he was sick and LO was saying Kobe was throwing up etc. Gutsy effort by the Lakers especially LO who was a beast.

ludo21
02-08-2009, 05:19 PM
gotta love the truth ;D

I hate the LA but damn they are good. I hope some stupid team trades for Shaq, Im sick of that fat POS hogging the middle and sucking.

spdirty
02-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Nugs are trying to steal one in Orlando right before the all star break. Keep it up. :)

Los Broncos
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Tough times for my Pacers but we beat Lebron and the Cavs last night :)

spdirty
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
why the hell is Carter playing the point during crunch time?

spdirty
02-11-2009, 07:44 PM
awesome win. :)

Broncosfreak_56
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
awesome win. :)

Oh yeah. Denver has really come back with a vengeance after that New Jersey game. I love it.

spdirty
02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh yeah. Denver has really come back with a vengeance after that New Jersey game. I love it.

well this one makes up for that embarrassment.

Man-Goblin
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
The Nuggets are good...but Kleiza was horrible again tonight. I'm starting to come around to Rhyme's reasoning on him. Maybe they can swap him before the deadline; but I can't think of a player out there that would give them a quantum leap except Mike Miller.

spdirty
02-11-2009, 09:44 PM
The Nuggets are good...but Kleiza was horrible again tonight. I'm starting to come around to Rhyme's reasoning on him. Maybe they can swap him before the deadline; but I can't think of a player out there that would give them a quantum leap except Mike Miller.

wish there were a way to package him for David Lee.

bombay
02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Superb win in Orlando tonight. The Nuggets played super aggressive defense, and the officials let them. Hope they learn something from that. Holding Orlando to 73 points is damned impressive.

azbroncfan
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Great win by a banged up Jazz team tonight. If they can get healthy they can get the ship righted. They have done a great job this year with over 130 games missed by players so far this year.

broncofan2438
02-11-2009, 11:56 PM
The lakers loosing is always nice to see

worm
02-12-2009, 01:40 AM
The lakers loosing is always nice to see

better not get used to the feeling.

Inkana7
02-12-2009, 10:42 AM
“They all wear No. 23 and help James throw that (expletive) up in the air when he’s at the scorer’s desk,” Jackson said. “James gets away with murder, on top of it, on his home court.”

I love Phil. He loves to start shiat.Ha!

Lakers dominance continues without Bynum and beat the Cavs while Kobe was not 100 percent at all. Clearly he was sick and LO was saying Kobe was throwing up etc. Gutsy effort by the Lakers especially LO who was a beast.

Once again, the Lakers ouplayed the Cavs in the paint. It was frustrating to watch.

Lamar Odom is so effing long.

Man-Goblin
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Bump...Nuggets win again.

spdirty
02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
hell yeah dude and just got bumped up to the 2nd seed with the Sterns loss.

bombay
02-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Nuggets go to 5-1 on the 8 game road trip. Oddly, the blowout in New Jersey only counted as 1 game.

If the playoffs start tomorrow, Nugs get two home playoff rounds.

Paladin
02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
That third quarter tonight was awesome. They started with a 21-2 run to open the third. Billups was unstoppable, and he made that team play tough tonight. Melo had a double-double, and Nene was standing in there getting beat up and handing out the knocks. The team has some toughness. Refs were absent in the first quarter, and then made some really stupid calls both ways, I think.

Second seed so far, but there are a ton of games to go. I just hope they stay healthy.....

spdirty
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
That third quarter tonight was awesome. They started with a 21-2 run to open the third. Billups was unstoppable, and he made that team play tough tonight. Melo had a double-double, and Nene was standing in there getting beat up and handing out the knocks. The team has some toughness. Refs were absent in the first quarter, and then made some really stupid calls both ways, I think.

Second seed so far, but there are a ton of games to go. I just hope they stay healthy.....

Nene worries me...hasnt played this much in a season in a loooong time...just hope he doesnt wear down when the playoffs begin. He has been huge for us this year.

OBF1
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Bump ANOTHER Laker win :)

worm
02-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Anybody who watches Kobes blocked shots tonight should comprehend how he is not only the best talent in the game...but how he can elevate his teammates by his D.

M. V. P.

DB-Freak
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Lebron is MVP.

ludo21
02-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Suns might be back league, watch out!

We will find out Sunday vs. Boston.

worm
02-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Suns might be back league, watch out!

We will find out Sunday vs. Boston.

Still need to find a way to offload Shaq.

How Kerr still has a job is the most amazing thing outside of Matt Millen.

vancejohnson82
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
orlando might be done...i know its tough to lose a point guard like Nelson, but you have to be able to at least get out there and compete...they were undressed last night...

perhaps the Hornets are starting to put it together...i wouldnt want to play them in the first round

Master___Pain
02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Nuggs teams of years past would have folded after the crappy first half they had last night. Not this team. I'm glad they are flying under the radar this year and not getting much if any recognition outside of Colorado. This is finally a team. CB7 has made a huge difference, and is a true floor general. Melo continues to improve his game and is actually playing some D. Nene is finally playing like the player everyone thought he could be and K-Mart is healthy and playing like he did in his NJ days. Throw in a career year from Bridman, and roll players like JR Smith, A. Carter and Klieza and I like the make up of this team. My only complaint is that I wish Balkman would get more of LK's minutes.

vancejohnson82
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Nuggs teams of years past would have folded after the crappy first half they had last night. Not this team. I'm glad they are flying under the radar this year and not getting much if any recognition outside of Colorado. This is finally a team. CB7 has made a huge difference, and is a true floor general. Melo continues to improve his game and is actually playing some D. Nene is finally playing like the player everyone thought he could be and K-Mart is healthy and playing like he did in his NJ days. Throw in a career year from Bridman, and roll players like JR Smith, A. Carter and Klieza and I like the make up of this team. My only complaint is that I wish Balkman would get more of LK's minutes.

As a resident of the NY area where Balkman was a Knick, be careful what u wish for...

Hes one of those players whose efficiency directly corresponds to the amount of play he gets....the higher the minutes go the less effective he becomes...like a bell curve

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Anybody who watches Kobes blocked shots tonight should comprehend how he is not only the best talent in the game...but how he can elevate his teammates by his D.

M. V. P.

Yeah, he totally led the D in allowing 121 points.

Punisher
02-19-2009, 11:45 AM
The Lakers run the NBA
It seems to me everywhere we go theres a Beat L.A t-shirt in the stands

worm
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah, he totally led the D in allowing 121 points.

Did you watch the game? His blocked shots were outstanding. Kobe literally willed them to win. The game was a shootout but the win came to the Lakers because of Kobe and because of his D even more than his O.

His blocks had the same effect as Elway did doing his helicopter. You look in the Super Bowl 32 stat sheet and you see a 7 yard Elway run. You watch the game and you realize it meant a hell of a lot more.

I understand you hate the Lakers\Kobe and love Lebron...but you are letting it cloud your judgment. It really is bad when you can't admire Kobe's game. He is one of the best to EVER play and he is in his prime right now. You are watching a basketball immortal (same as James).

vancejohnson82
02-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Did you watch the game? His blocked shots were outstanding. Kobe literally willed them to win. The game was a shootout but the win came to the Lakers because of Kobe and because of his D even more than his O.

His blocks had the same effect as Elway did doing his helicopter. You look in the Super Bowl 32 stat sheet and you see a 7 yard Elway run. You watch the game and you realize it meant a hell of a lot more.

I understand you hate the Lakers\Kobe and love Lebron...but you are letting it cloud your judgment. It really is bad when you can't admire Kobe's game. He is one of the best to EVER play and he is in his prime right now. You are watching a basketball immortal (same as James).

i think the Lakers as a team won that game...the Kobe block no doubt was BIG...but Ariza came up huge in the 4th quarter and they were really hitting the offensive boards too

Nelson also ran his guys into the ground....he had to find a way to get Jackson to the bench for a few minutes and just didnt get it done

good win by LA...Golden State had been tough at home

worm
02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
i think the Lakers as a team won that game...the Kobe block no doubt was BIG...but Ariza came up huge in the 4th quarter and they were really hitting the offensive boards too

Nelson also ran his guys into the ground....he had to find a way to get Jackson to the bench for a few minutes and just didnt get it done

good win by LA...Golden State had been tough at home

Ariza was huge in the 4th. Definitely. Entire team responded at the end of a tough game in a back to back situation. I saw it as Kobe gave the Lakers a chance to win with his will\desire\effort with those blocks. Ariza drove the dagger in.

I don't think a lot of casual fans understand how much Kobe makes his teammates better. He elevates their game with his play. Last night was a perfect illustration of that.

It is a significant attribute that should be taken into consideration when considering year end awards.

vancejohnson82
02-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Ariza was huge in the 4th. Definitely. Entire team responded at the end of a tough game in a back to back situation. I saw it as Kobe gave the Lakers a chance to win with his will\desire\effort with those blocks. Ariza drove the dagger in.

I don't think a lot of casual fans understand how much Kobe makes his teammates better. He elevates their game with his play. Last night was a perfect illustration of that.

It is a significant attribute that should be taken into consideration when considering year end awards.

i agree...but LeBron has to get some consideration too...

Howard would be on my list as well if he can find a way to turn orlando back around

Paladin
02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
How many non-calls did Kobe get away with?

Karenin
02-19-2009, 01:28 PM
The Lakers run the NBA
It seems to me everywhere we go theres a Beat L.A t-shirt in the stands

You'd think the team that "ran" the NBA would have a title in the last 7 years.

TonyR
02-19-2009, 01:40 PM
The Sports Guy's trade value rankings. Great read.

6. Kobe Bryant
You have to admire a future Hall of Famer with more than 1,000 NBA games on his odometer for playing 103 straight games and nearly 4,100 minutes last season, killing himself on the Redeem Team last summer, then playing another 51 straight games (and counting) this season. ... And during all of that, he somehow added two moves over the summer, MJ's late-career fallaway and that funky pivot move after he fakes the foul-line jumper. If all that's not enough, he's the clear No. 2 choice for MVP behind LeBron, as one of the only guys who delivers the goods every time you see him in person. I headed to Staples on Tuesday knowing Kobe would show up for four quarters. How many current guys can you say that about? Three? Five? Of everyone in the NBA this season, he has the most to gain historically over these next four months: If the Lakers win the title, he becomes one of the top 10 players ever, and that's that.

(Now here's where the Lakers fans e-mail, "But wait, he's in the top 10 already!!!!!" They're a delight.)

1. LeBron James
Last February, I wrote that he didn't have a ceiling. This year? I figured out his ceiling. At least for right now. At age 24, he's a cross between ABA Dr. J (unstoppable in the open court, breathtaking in traffic, has the rare ability to galvanize teammates and crowds with one "Wow" play, even handles himself as well off the court) and 1992 Scottie Pippen (the freaky athletic ability on both ends, especially when he's cutting pass lines or flying in from the weak side for a block), with a little MJ (his overcompetitiveness and sense of The Moment), Magic (the unselfishness, which isn't where I thought it would be back in 2003, but at least it's in there a little) and Bo Jackson (how he can occasionally just overpower the other team in a way that doesn't seem human) mixed in ... only if all of that Molotov Superstar Cocktail was mixed together in Karl Malone's body. This is crazy. This is insane. This is unlike anything we've ever seen. And to think, LeBron doesn't even have a reliable 20-footer or a post-up game yet. See, this is only going to get better. And it's already historic.

As a Celtics fan, I shudder for the future. As an NBA fan, I am pinching myself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090212

DB-Freak
02-19-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't even like Lebron much, but so far Lebron is the clear MVP. Any other pick is a joke.

Punisher
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
You'd think the team that "ran" the NBA would have a title in the last 7 years.

where not talking about the last 7 years where talking about this year and this year we run the NBA
Go LAKERS :yayaya:

worm
02-19-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't even like Lebron much, but so far Lebron is the clear MVP. Any other pick is a joke.

I think Lebron will win it and deserve it. I just don't think it is as clear cut. Nor would it be a 'joke' if Kobe won. It depends so much on what you consider the MVP criteria to be.

At this point, I believe Kobe is the best player. Lebron might be the most valuable player to his team.

Like those years when deciding between MJ or Magic...or Magic and Bird.

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM

121 points to a 19-36 team. I don't care what Kobe "Willed" them to. They allowed 121 points to a bad team.

It's games like last night that show why LA won't win a championship this season. Bad defense. Once they run into a team that can actually play defense, they lose. See last years finals. I do admire how they're trying to get un-foreignized by shipping Radmanovic away. But they still have Vuchich who is probably the most unliked player in the NBA.

Punisher
02-19-2009, 02:28 PM
121 points to a 19-36 team. I don't care what Kobe "Willed" them to. They allowed 121 points to a bad team.

It's games like last night that show why LA won't win a championship this season. Bad defense. Once they run into a team that can actually play defense, they lose. See last years finals. I do admire how they're trying to get un-foreignized by shipping Radmanovic away. But they still have Vuchich who is probably the most unliked player in the NBA.

The Warriors have the 2nd best O in the NBA,Plus they played there hearts out last night.We're the best team in the NBA hands down no team can match our bench play.

BEAT L.A :rofl:

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
The Warriors have the 2nd best O in the NBA,Plus they played there hearts out last night.We're the best team in the NBA hands down no team can match our bench play.

BEAT L.A :rofl:

So all it takes to score 120+ on LA is to have a bunch of scrub guards play their hearts out?

Fair enough.

Punisher
02-19-2009, 02:40 PM
So all it takes to score 120+ on LA is to have a bunch of scrub guards play their hearts out?

Fair enough.

Monte Ellis,Maggette,and S.Jackson are Scrubs?Do you watch Basketball?
And don't forget Crawford my man can put up points but can't stick D to save his life but he still can put up numbers.

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Monte Ellis,Maggette,and S.Jackson are Scrubs?Do you watch Basketball?
And don't forget Crawford my man can put up points but can't stick D to save his life but he still can put up numbers.

Anthony Randolph had 14 and 10. Ronnie Turiaf actually did something meaningful. Scrubs, my friend.

None of those guys you mentioned play D, not just Crawford. The only one I'd want playing for Cleveland would be Monta Ellis.

The Lakers are good, but let's be realistic here. They had to go on a 17-3 run to beat the Warriors.

Of all the games to coo about, you guys choose one in which you allowed 121 points on 52% shooting?

You don't hear me talking about how great the Cavs are after they beat down the Thunder, do you?

Punisher
02-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Anthony Randolph had 14 and 10. Ronnie Turiaf actually did something meaningful. Scrubs, my friend.

None of those guys you mentioned play D, not just Crawford. The only one I'd want playing for Cleveland would be Monta Ellis.
The Lakers are good, but let's be realistic here. They had to go on a 17-3 run to beat the Warriors.
Of all the games to coo about, you guys choose one in which you allowed 121 points on 52% shooting?

You don't hear me talking about how great the Cavs are after they beat down the Thunder, do you?

See you don't know ball,If you put S.Jackson in the Cavs they'll go to the Chip hands down,S.Jackson can stick 2 guards and Power Forwards the man is a beast.

And yea we went on a 17-3 run to win the game thats what champions do they close out games

Beat L.A :yayaya:

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
See you don't know ball,If you put S.Jackson in the Cavs they'll go to the Chip hands down,S.Jackson can stick 2 guards and Power Forwards the man is a beast.

And yea we went on a 17-3 run to win the game thats what champions do they close out games

Beat L.A :yayaya:

Yeah, I "don't know ball." Steven Jackson and his yearly suspensions and domestic violence can stay in Oakland. There are cheaper thugs who can shoot a mean 3 out there.

How many championships without Shaq?

Punisher
02-19-2009, 03:06 PM

The Cavs are the best team in the east and plus the Thunder aren't a bad team at all they been balling lately

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 03:07 PM
The Cavs are the best team in the east and plus the Thunder aren't a bad team at all they been balling lately

Kevin Durant has really come into his own in the past few months. It's a shame that the Tyson Chandler trade was nixed, that could have made them a decent team. I like the way they're playing out there.

Punisher
02-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I "don't know ball." Steven Jackson and his yearly suspensions and domestic violence can stay in Oakland. There are cheaper thugs who can shoot a mean 3 out there.

How many championships without Shaq?

See the thing about shaq is no one mentions that Shaq needed Kobe too.But Kobe will win a Championship this year I'll tell ya that.And about S.Jackson the suspensions and off the court thing are behind him now the man is a Top 10 SF in the NBA in my eyes maybe a top 5 sf too.

Punisher
02-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Kevin Durant has really come into his own in the past few months. It's a shame that the Tyson Chandler trade was nixed, that could have made them a decent team. I like the way they're playing out there.

Wilcox has been hurt the whole year i think if wilcox was 100% they'll have like 5 more wins but yea Chandler wolud have been a good upgrade

Beantown Bronco
02-19-2009, 03:19 PM
The Cavs are the best team in the east

If you ignore overall record, conf and div records, and record over their last 10 games......

worm
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM

The point of 'cooing' over this game had absolutely nothing to do with the numbers you love to parade out.

Punisher
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
If you ignore overall record, conf and div records, and record over their last 10 games......

King James is a walking memorial plus with Mo Williams :ouwknow: that team is going to the Chip

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
The point of 'cooing' over this game had absolutely nothing to do with the numbers you love to parade out.

With good reason. They're all bad numbers, and not very becoming of a Championship team.

Domostick
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
With good reason. They're all bad numbers, and not very becoming of a Championship team.

The Lakers beat Boston and Cleveland on the ROAD, WITHOUT Andrew Bynum. I just think you are a clear hater. I like the Nuggets but it is evident you are a hater.

ludo21
02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Heres a number for ya.

Thats the PPG the Suns are averaging with Gentry at HC. Watch out league!

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 05:35 PM
The Lakers beat Boston and Cleveland on the ROAD, WITHOUT Andrew Bynum. I just think you are a clear hater. I like the Nuggets but it is evident you are a hater.

I've never denied this fact. I just would wish that LA fans stop touting their team for everything they do. They overrate everything. I wouldn't hate so much if it wasn't so annoying.

"C HOW KOBE SCORD 42 IN A LOSS?! BETT3R THAN MJ!!!111"

Inkana7
02-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Heres a number for ya.

Thats the PPG the Suns are averaging with Gentry at HC. Watch out league!

Haha as much as I rag on the Lakers fans for touting their victory over the Warrions, I have to remind you that the Suns just played the Clippers.

The Clippers.

RhymesayersDU
02-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Nuggies are fairly legit.

Getting bounced in the 2nd round here we come!

ludo21
02-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Haha as much as I rag on the Lakers fans for touting their victory over the Warrions, I have to remind you that the Suns just played the Clippers.

The Clippers.

The Suns struggled to beat teams the first half of the season much less crappers like the Clippers so I am excited to see them show up for these stinker games for once this season.

24champ
02-21-2009, 12:17 AM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2zyWVieESg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2zyWVieESg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Brown looks like a keeper, after the trade with Charlotte.

Lakers continue to roll tonight beating the Hornets in OT.

Black Mamba for MVP. ;D

ZONA
02-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Just found out Amare' is out 8 weeks and eye surgery today. Talk about a blow to a team. I liked their tempo tonight against OKC. That's not a bad team for real. They have lost alot of games but they've been in almost all of them to the end. And Durant is the real deal. He has a complete game and he is a match up nightmare. Colleson is a beast on the boards and a great low post player. If they had just one very good guard, they would be a threat. I look for them to draft one of the best point guards next year. Right now, it really looks like OKC got the better player between them and Portland (Oden) in last years draft.

Here's to wishing Amare' a speedy and full eye recovery. Hopefully his teamates can get them into the playoffs so he can return to action this year. They've got alot of easy games this month. They need to climb into 5th position by mid March. If they stay around 8th or 9th through March, I don't think they will get in.

ludo21
02-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Amare out is a blow for sure. I think the Suns can win enough games with this tempo to make the playoffs tho. If Amare can somehow get back for the playoffs I can even see them winning a series.

140 last night again btw. mm,mmm.. No way we get that 4x in a row vs. Boston, but 120 against them is possible. ;D

Inkana7
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
How bout them Suns?

ludo21
02-21-2009, 02:00 PM
How bout them Suns?

They are the most exciting team in the NBA when they play up tempo basketball. Nash is simply the best at it. I am so pumped for tomorrow. :strong:

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah that run and gun style is great....... In the regular season. Just ask Denver. Its why I think the best trade Denver ever did was trading for Chauncey. He is a floor general and has made the team play the other style of basketball.

azbroncfan
02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
DWILL out duels C Paul again. Paul gets all the this and that because he is flashier but DWILL is just as good on any given night. It's pick them between the two of them in my opinion.

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Celtics losing Garnet for 2-3 weeks. Doubt it has much impact its like the Nuggets losing Melo with the broken hand.

Amare is a huge blow. I was listening to the Rome show on Friday. They said he had an eye injury in pre-season and was asked to wear goggles but refused. There is speculation this is a result of that.

BroncoDoug
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Celtics losing Garnet for 2-3 weeks. Doubt it has much impact its like the Nuggets losing Melo with the broken hand.

Amare is a huge blow. I was listening to the Rome show on Friday. They said he had an eye injury in pre-season and was asked to wear goggles but refused. There is speculation this is a result of that.

Ouch if that is true...The suns should be pissed!

ludo21
02-21-2009, 10:36 PM

Amare did have the same issue in preseason but only minor. I never heard anything of him HAVING to wear them, he said that WAS going to the rest of the way but they kept sliding down his fact so he took them off.

But if its true that they told him to, then its still whatever cause its a freak injury as is.

DB-Freak
02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
DWILL out duels C Paul again. Paul gets all the this and that because he is flashier but DWILL is just as good on any given night. It's pick them between the two of them in my opinion.

Wrong C.Paul is deserving of the credit he gets. CP3 is the only close guy to even contest Lebron for the MVP so far.

ZONA
02-22-2009, 12:28 AM
You know, now that I watch Shaq several times a week, since he plays for the Suns, I now know what all the Laker fans where bitching about all those years. Guys just hack the **** out of him and he's lucky to get half the calls. There definitely is a bias against his huge size in the refs eyes.

Has anybody been paying attention to Jrich? What's up with all the 360 dunks during a game? I thought that was only for the dunk contest. Man that dude gets up. And I hope this doesn't sound homer but Barbosa is definitely the best 6th man in the game, sorry Terry, you're good but Barbosa is better.

azbroncfan
02-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Wrong C.Paul is deserving of the credit he gets. CP3 is the only close guy to even contest Lebron for the MVP so far.

I believe Kobe, Howard, and Wade would all have something to say. Paul's team is a couple games from out of the playoffs. No way a bottom tier teams player wins the MVP award. In reality it's between Kobe and Lebron but not that MVP means much in the long haul.

azbroncfan
02-22-2009, 12:04 PM
You know, now that I watch Shaq several times a week, since he plays for the Suns, I now know what all the Laker fans where b****ing about all those years. Guys just hack the **** out of him and he's lucky to get half the calls. There definitely is a bias against his huge size in the refs eyes.

Has anybody been paying attention to Jrich? What's up with all the 360 dunks during a game? I thought that was only for the dunk contest. Man that dude gets up. And I hope this doesn't sound homer but Barbosa is definitely the best 6th man in the game, sorry Terry, you're good but Barbosa is better.

Ha, ha, ha. A suns fan bitching about the refs surprise surprise. I'm sure you were bitching about how Shaq just pushed people around with his wieght before he was a sun now it's he doesn't get enough calls.

Inkana7
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Barbossa the best 6th man? Give me a break.

ludo21
02-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Who is better than him off the bench?

btw, this is one of the worst refed game of the season Ive seen. Yes im whining

Karenin
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
How bout them Suns?

Don't look quite as good when they're not playing the dregs of the league.

Inkana7
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Jason Terry by a mile to start with. Manu Ginobili, Richard Hamilton.

24champ
02-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Getting bounced in the 2nd round here we come!

Really?

I don't know man...they've looked pretty crappy the last three games.

theAPAOps5
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Really?

I don't know man...they've looked pretty crappy the last three games.

Well they also are coming of the longest road trip in team history and ending it on a back to back. Not making excuses because these past 3 games they looked like the dumb ass Nuggets of old but I am hoping its a fluke rather than a trend.

24champ
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Well they also are coming of the longest road trip in team history and ending it on a back to back. Not making excuses because these past 3 games they looked like the dumb ass Nuggets of old but I am hoping its a fluke rather than a trend.

I hope they trend to that 8th spot...would be a first round bye for the Lake Show.;D

theAPAOps5
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I hope they trend to that 8th spot...would be a first round bye for the Lake Show.;D

They won't Chauncey won't let them.

24champ
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
They won't Chauncey won't let them.

He's a non-factor...as you will see on Friday night.

ZONA
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Jason Terry is a fantastic player but I still give the nod to Barbosa. I say Terry has a better mid range game then Barbosa but I give Barbosa the advantage in driving to the rim and 3 point accuracy. I think Terry and Barbosa though are true 6th men. In other words, I think their teams like their starting 5 players the best and these guys are the 6th best. And to my knowledge, neither guys were starters except on the case of filling in for injured players. Hamilton and Manu are totally starters and have only been relegated to the bench so that when they come in with other bench players, the have a "starter" type of player to help keep things going. That's like calling Tim Duncan a forward. Gimme a ****in break. He's a center. After Robinson left, he was the center and really always has been since.

And to azbroncos fan - I never complained about Shaq moving people around. He can't help the fact he's 350 pounds of pure muscle. I've complained a few times about his elbows but he still does that and those are legitimate calls. And nothing personal but you can kiss my butt in regards to your remark about Suns fans complaining. All fans complain. I've been to enough sports bars and watched enough games in ALL sports to know that. Geez, that's like a total given. But at least the Suns fans have a leg to stand on. I don't think alot of people were Stern fans when he suspended the Suns players that year. He's a frickin tool and most people who follow the NBA agree with that.

But I don't think the Suns are gonna do much this year if they somehow manage to land the 8th spot. No Amare' and No defense = season over. I don't care if Phil Jackson was coaching this team. They just cannot grasp the term defense. Sure I like the up tempo but for the love of god, it's not street ball. You have to at least attempt to play SOME defense. Good god. No KG and Celts still rip them apart. No matter who they play, somebody on the opposite team will have a career night in scoring, if not 2 players. It's that bad.

theAPAOps5
02-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Well thankfully Denver doesn't play the Lakers every night. So that is a dumb take as usual from you. :wave: :kiss:

azbroncfan
02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
And nothing personal but you can kiss my butt in regards to your remark about Suns fans complaining. All fans complain. I've been to enough sports bars and watched enough games in ALL sports to know that. Geez, that's like a total given. But at least the Suns fans have a leg to stand on. I don't think alot of people were Stern fans when he suspended the Suns players that year. He's a frickin tool and most people who follow the NBA agree with that..

No hard feelings man. That was spoken like a true SUNS fan and a fellow Arizonian.

OABB
02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GvJaOvF1AKA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GvJaOvF1AKA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

theAPAOps5
02-23-2009, 10:37 PM
OK that was one of the greatest videos ever. Now can we get one where it shows Kobe never getting another ring without Shaq? Because that is just as legit.

24champ
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Well thankfully Denver doesn't play the Lakers every night. So that is a dumb take as usual from you. :wave: :kiss:

I swear your posting lately has regressed dude.;D

theAPAOps5
02-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I swear your posting lately has regressed dude.;D

At least my posting was at a quality where I could regress......

Karenin
02-24-2009, 08:50 AM

I've always wondered if there's any Lakers' fans who aren't complete douchebags... So far I haven't found any, but there's gotta be one somewhere out there.

Inkana7
02-24-2009, 08:53 AM
They'll be back making excuses after they fail to win another championship because the word "Defense" doesn't exist in LA's vocab. Unless it's in the phrase "Defense is just waiting to get back on offense."

montrose
02-24-2009, 09:45 AM
I've always wondered if there's any Lakers' fans who aren't complete douchebags... So far I haven't found any, but there's gotta be one somewhere out there.

I'd rather help a bunch of Lakers fans hand wash Kobe's jock than hang out with those bandwagoning douchebag Celtic "fans" that were chanting Denver Sucks at the Pepsi Center last night.

theAPAOps5
02-24-2009, 10:44 AM

Nah ALF isn't a douche bag. He and I have had a friendly rivalry regarding the Fakers and Thuggets for a few years now. This is just smack talk although the Lakers have made the Nuggets their bitch as of late.

vancejohnson82
02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Anyone catch the Devin Harris shot last night....

i doubt anyone but me was watching it live becuase i had 250 bucks on the NEts....

great shot

24champ
02-24-2009, 11:04 AM
They'll be back making excuses after they fail to win another championship because the word "Defense" doesn't exist in LA's vocab. Unless it's in the phrase "Defense is just waiting to get back on offense."

They learned a lot from last year, which is why they 46-10 and are beating the Celtics, Cavaliers etc. They better figure out how to defend the pick and roll, that's our kryptonite right now.

This Laker team is on a mission, they are out to seek and destroy teams. Last year they were a nice surprise and had fun, this year it's all business.

theAPAOps5
02-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Anyone catch the Devin Harris shot last night....

i doubt anyone but me was watching it live becuase i had 250 bucks on the NEts....

great shot

I saw it this morning on ESPN. One of the flukiest ways to win a game in a long time.

vancejohnson82
02-24-2009, 11:16 AM
I saw it this morning on ESPN. One of the flukiest ways to win a game in a long time.

three things wrong with that play in my opinion...

a) there was a foul on Igoudala before the shot
b) if there is no foul, there has to be a travel or a self pass
c) the clock started late

the refs swallowing their whistles at the end of games really needs to stop

theAPAOps5
02-24-2009, 12:05 PM
three things wrong with that play in my opinion...

a) there was a foul on Igoudala before the shot
b) if there is no foul, there has to be a travel or a self pass
c) the clock started late

the refs swallowing their whistles at the end of games really needs to stop

I agree on the clock. The foul could have been called but we had the benefit of slow motion replay. Full speed it looked like he self passed. But it looks to me the ball came free touched Igoudala then he regained possession and then shot. That is allowable as its considered a strip.

theAPAOps5
02-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Yeah you are about as good at calling NBA as you are about NFL QB's. Hey Kobe tell me how Andersons ass tastes! I could understand losing but you guys got punked.

Dagmar
02-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Have you heard about the bird?

theAPAOps5
02-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Have you heard about the bird?

You have to give it to the guy. He has fought some demons with drugs, was kicked of the league permanently. Turned himself around and worked his way back into the league. He is a guy who has messed up but appears to have turned it around. I hope he stays that way.

BroncoDoug
02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
You have to give it to the guy. He has fought some demons with drugs, was kicked of the league permanently. Turned himself around and worked his way back into the league. He is a guy who has messed up but appears to have turned it around. I hope he stays that way.

He had a great game tonight! I am glad we were able to pick him up again this off season.

ludo21
02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Always love when the Lakers lose. Lets make it back 2 back on Sunday!!

theAPAOps5
02-27-2009, 09:56 PM
He had a great game tonight! I am glad we were able to pick him up again this off season.

He kept the team in it. He had Odom pissed, he had Gasol pissed. It was great. You know you are going to beat the Lakers when you have them all bitching to the refs. They are super talented but they bitch almost as much as the Spurs.

Broncosfreak_56
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Fun game tonight. I think Birdzilla(Ragin' Rooster) is my new favorite player :D

worm
02-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Chris played great. Nice win for the Nuggs.

montrose
02-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Honestly, this was the best regular season win by the Nuggets I can remember. I'm proud to be a Nuggets fan tonight.

spdirty
02-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Man, first game Ive been to in a couple years.

Went with a couple lakers fans, very very very fun time tonight.

bombay
02-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Chris played great. Nice win for the Nuggs.

Yep. Great game, almost got a triple double the hard way: 11 points, 12 boards, 8 blocks. Outstanding. He keyed the defense that held the lakers 30 points below their average.

Really fun night at Pepsi.

24champ
02-28-2009, 12:06 AM
I'll change my prediction of the Lakers sweeping the Nuggets in the playoffs...

changed to Lakers winning in 5. :)

theAPAOps5
02-28-2009, 06:57 AM

Well that means Denver wins the series, you suck at predictions.

broncofan2438
02-28-2009, 09:52 AM

A little bitter on the loss last night? Can't even break 80? Nice win for the Nuggs

TonyR
02-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Nice win for the Nuggs

Overlooked is the fact that the Nuggets struggled without Nene and played much better with him back in the rotation last night. He has been a very pleasant surprise this season. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

theAPAOps5
02-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Overlooked is the fact that the Nuggets struggled without Nene and played much better with him back in the rotation last night. He has been a very pleasant surprise this season. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

Actually he only played 18 minutes last night. While he had 7 boards it was Chris Anderson who made the difference.

24champ
02-28-2009, 10:49 AM
A little bitter on the loss last night? Can't even break 80? Nice win for the Nuggs

You caught the Lakers on a bad night.

You're kidding yourself if you think you got the Lakers best shot. Lakers played a string of games in the last 6 days, they checked into their hotel at 4 am in Denver.

Jackson called it "a garbage game," he said: "We just didn't have it."

So yeah, you guys can crack open the Champagne.Hilarious!

Inkana7
02-28-2009, 10:51 AM

You're kidding yourself if you think you got the Lakers best shot. Lakers played a string of games in the last 6 days, they checked into their hotel at 4 am in Denver.

A week ago you were all "Championship teams find ways to win the tough ones!"

Now you wave off the tough ones like they don't count.

Oh, I do love agendas.

broncofan2438
02-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Easy bud....I was just given you a hard time.....You sound like a Chugger fan with all the excuses

theAPAOps5
02-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Oh, I do love agendas.

Exactly, he says Chauncy won't make a difference you will see Friday night. Now come the excuses when his team doesn't even crack 80. Championship teams win those games. Its why Denver isn't considered one and the Lakers clearly aren't either. Boston will win it again they will beat the lakers in 6. Lock it up!

24champ
02-28-2009, 11:02 AM

Oh, I do love agendas.

We've won the majority of our "tough" games already. Beaten the Cavaliers with a flu-ridden Kobe and the play of LO. Swept Boston. 45-11 right now. I'd say its fair to say the Lakers won a lot of tough games.

For Laker fans, the real season begins when the playoffs start.

24champ
02-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Exactly, he says Chauncy won't make a difference you will see Friday night. Now come the excuses when his team doesn't even crack 80. Championship teams win those games. Its why Denver isn't considered one and the Lakers clearly aren't either. Boston will win it again they will beat the lakers in 6. Lock it up!

Your kidding yourself if you think you got the Lakers best shot.

Even you said so yourself, when you guys were getting your ass beat by the Celtics and other lowly Eastern conference team. That the travel schedule caught up with the Nuggets.

Inkana7
02-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular season games are good indications of a team's strong and weak points going into the playoffs. Like, Cleveland has trouble with big guys with long arms like Yao and Lamar Odom. Los Angeles has trouble with getting hands in people's faces and playing defense in general.

Inkana7
02-28-2009, 11:08 AM

Don't say things like this and then act like all superior with your excuses. Man up.

24champ
02-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Don't say things like this and then act like all superior with your excuses. Man up.

Like I said this loss was because of the Lakers. Not the Nuggets.

Moving on...

The good news for the Lakers, once they get past Friday's stumble, is another game against the bedraggled Phoenix Suns on Sunday.

On the other hand, Shaquille O'Neal had 45 points on 20-for-25 shooting Friday in a 133-113 victory over Toronto.

"Did he really?" Bryant said, smiling. "Go ahead, big fella. That means he ain't going to have [anything] in the tank on Sunday, so I'm cool with that."

theAPAOps5
02-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Like I said this loss was because of the Lakers. Not the Nuggets.

Moving on...

The good news for the Lakers, once they get past Friday's stumble, is another game against the bedraggled Phoenix Suns on Sunday.

On the other hand, Shaquille O'Neal had 45 points on 20-for-25 shooting Friday in a 133-113 victory over Toronto.

"Did he really?" Bryant said, smiling. "Go ahead, big fella. That means he ain't going to have [anything] in the tank on Sunday, so I'm cool with that."

Wow you do sound like a Chargers fan. Thats pretty weak.

broncofan2438
02-28-2009, 11:36 AM

HAHAHAHA, thats what I said

24champ
02-28-2009, 11:41 AM

Call me whatever you must.

But everyone knows that the Lakers weren't anywhere near their best. Even Karl acknowledged so in the postgame.

24champ
02-28-2009, 11:43 AM
HAHAHAHA, thats what I said

Says the #1 bandwagon fan on the Mane.

ROFL! That's real rich...

ludo21
03-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Shaq and Kobe go off today!!

Things couldnt go worse in Bronco Land but Suns won, oo yeah1!!

Huzzzah!!

Inkana7
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Attention Western Conference(Especially LA and Phoenix):

It's called defense. Playing it once and a while might be a good thing.

BroncoDoug
03-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Carmelo suspended one game.
Pretty vaigue as to why...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3947281
Anthony suspended by Nuggets

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=3947281) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3947281#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3947281&type=story) Share (javascript:void(0);) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Anthony%20suspended%20for%20one%20game%20by%20Nugg ets", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3947281", published: "2009-03-02" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </script>
<cite class="source"> Associated Press
</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=den) have suspended Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1975) for one game for an "in-game transgression" Sunday against Indiana.
"There is a code of conduct that we take very seriously, especially from a leader and co-captain," Rex Chapman, vice president of player personnel, said Monday. "Carmelo knows this and regrets what happened. He is a very competitive person and made a poor decision in the heat of the moment. We look forward to having him back on Thursday and will have no further comment at this time."
He did not elaborate on what Anthony did to earn the suspension.
The Nuggets said in a news release that Anthony will miss Denver's game at Detroit on Tuesday night, the Nuggets said in a news release. He will return to the lineup for Thursday's game against Portland.
Earlier Monday, team spokesman Eric Sebastian said Anthony would miss Tuesday night's game because of a personal matter he had to deal with in Denver.
Anthony has been bothered by a balky knee and has shot poorly his last two games, going just 12-of-41 from the field.
He is averaging a team-high 21.6 points and 7.4 rebounds but has missed 15 games already this season: 10 with a broken bone in his right hand that cost him an All-Star bid, three because of a troublesome right elbow and two for a team suspension to start the season following a drunken driving arrest last year.
This is the Nuggets' first trip to Detroit since the Nov. 3 trade between the teams sent Chauncey Billups (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=63) to Denver and Allen Iverson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=366) to the Pistons.
Iverson with be out for the third straight game Tuesday night because of a bad back.
The Nuggets return home after their game at The Palace and face Portland Thursday night at the Pepsi Center, the first of four games in five nights for Denver, which leads the Trail Blazers by 1˝ games and Utah by two in the tight Northwest Division.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

azbroncfan
03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Good game tonight. Nuggets got excited about a 17 pt lead but the Jazz will always come back at home. Should be an exciting finish.

spdirty
03-06-2009, 10:57 PM
15 point loss.

Utah is unbeatable at home. Its like they hire WWE refs when theyre at home. Sickening.

azbroncfan
03-06-2009, 11:01 PM
15 point loss.

Utah is unbeatable at home. Its like they hire WWE refs when theyre at home. Sickening.

You don't think that Deron Williams dominating Billups has anything to do with it? BTW if the refs are supposedly so one sided why are the Nuggets shooting FT's with 9 min left for the rest of the way?

spdirty
03-07-2009, 07:27 AM
You don't think that Deron Williams dominating Billups has anything to do with it? BTW if the refs are supposedly so one sided why are the Nuggets shooting FT's with 9 min left for the rest of the way?

no the nuggets got more calls the 4th quarter. Just frustrated, especially when I listen to Chris and Scott.

spdirty
03-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Now they have to win pretty much at least 6 of the next 7 to keep the division lead.

Wouldve been huge to win there, then your up 2-1 in the series with a home game left.

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Player A

5-17 shooting, 3 reb, 2 assists, 5 fouls 12pts total

Player B

8-14 shooting, 9-11 FT, 4 reb, 11 assists 25 pts total

There was the difference in last nights game.

Inkana7
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Nuggets had a 10 point lead at halftime.

Orange4Life
03-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Nuggets had a 10 point lead at halftime.

Nuggets were up 19 before that. Deron was the best player on the floor last night. He was able to do whatever he wanted. J.R. Smith though is a total stud. He looks like he is going to be great.

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
J.R. Smith though is a total stud. He looks like he is going to be great.

I really liked his game. The thing he needs to work on is pulling up for the quick three with a man in the fac early in the shot clock. He missed several bad three's last night which helped Utah get back into it. He looked like he could get to the rim whenever he wanted and would score/get fouled. The Iverson trade was the best thing that Denver did. I got blasted for laughing when they traded for him but it's obvious Denver wasn't going anywhere with him.

Paladin
03-07-2009, 02:31 PM
No matter how you cut it, the Jazz got some very questionable calls. Real funny the way they flop looking for the cheap fouls, and the refs gave it to them. You think the NBA wants to keep this division close?

spdirty
03-07-2009, 02:38 PM
No matter how you cut it, the Jazz got some very questionable calls. Real funny the way they flop looking for the cheap fouls, and the refs gave it to them. You think the NBA wants to keep this division close?

Typical Jazz at home bull****. Anyway, Nugs got some make up calls in the 4th. Wasnt as one sided as it seemed either, 32 to 26 in the foul category. Still, NBA refs are the freaking worst.

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 02:47 PM

WHaa, whaa, whaa. Cry me a river. You don't see me crying about the refs as the more aggressive team will get the calls. Denver out played and was much more aggressive in the first half and won the FTA contest. Wasn't that the refs were against Utah they were playing soft. They came out aggressive and clamped the D down in 3rd and part of the 4th quarter and got to the line. Denver got spanked in the second half and were only up by 10 with Utah playing about as bad as they possibly could of in the first half but you can complain all you want like a phoenix sun fan. This division wouldn't even be close if Utah didn't have 120 plus man games lost this year to injury. The only player down the two rosters that Denver has an advantage in Melo other than that Utah has them at every position.

spdirty
03-07-2009, 02:54 PM
WHaa, whaa, whaa. Cry me a river. You don't see me crying about the refs as the more aggressive team will get the calls. Denver out played and was much more aggressive in the first half and won the FTA contest. Wasn't that the refs were against Utah they were playing soft. They came out aggressive and clamped the D down in 3rd and part of the 4th quarter and got to the line. Denver got spanked in the second half and were only up by 10 with Utah playing about as bad as they possibly could of in the first half but you can complain all you want like a phoenix sun fan. This division wouldn't even be close if Utah didn't have 120 plus man games lost this year to injury. The only player down the two rosters that Denver has an advantage in Melo other than that Utah has them at every position.

you would take Okur over Nene?

ludo21
03-07-2009, 02:56 PM

everyday of the week.

Denver cant complain, its the Suns that get screwed by the refs more than any team in the league. ;D

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 03:10 PM

Without a doubt. Okur is a clutch player too who can make big shots at the end of games. Not many big men shoot around 40 percent from the arc.

spdirty
03-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Without a doubt. Okur is a clutch player too who can make big shots at the end of games. Not many big men shoot around 40 percent from the arc.

Thats what guards and forwards are for. Ill take the guy who has the league lead in fg percentage, is a pretty very good-great low post defender and is unselfish to a fault.

Punisher
03-07-2009, 03:44 PM

Agree
Okur can do alot for a center hes way better than Nene,they don't call Okur Money Man for no reason. :thumbs:

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Thats what guards and forwards are for. Ill take the guy who has the league lead in fg percentage, is a pretty very good-great low post defender and is unselfish to a fault.

That guy is on the bench in Utah (Millsap) and a guy starting in front of him is Boozer. Okur has to be accounted for by the other teams Defense. Nene not so much.

I forgot to add you have to take each players ability to avoid injuries and Nene's record isn't good.

spdirty
03-08-2009, 02:37 PM
why in the hell does ABC insist on showing the piss poor playoff missing Suns every single Sunday afternoon?

azbroncfan
03-08-2009, 02:39 PM
why in the hell does ABC insist on showing the piss poor playoff missing Suns every single Sunday afternoon?

I agree they need flex scheduling. I don't care that the suns have two has beens in Shaq and Nash, I don't need to see them every sunday. ABC cares more about one on one matchups and names rather than teams.

spdirty
03-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Nugs need about a 30-40 point win tonight. Or whatever it takes to rest their starters for tomorrow.

This upcoming 7 game stretch is real important. Have some real crap teams coming up -Houston and they need to wipe the floor with all of em. Anything less than 6-1 will be not good.

Boobs McGee
03-08-2009, 04:34 PM
two words. Lake show. :D

spdirty
03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Stupid ****in team

azbroncfan
03-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Anyways. I'm pretty sad to have to root for the Lakers this year.

The Nuggets have no shot of catching the Lakers, barring some catastrophic injury to Pau or Kobe. As such, any time the Lakers play anybody in the West (Nuggets excluded, obviously) I really hope they win. This is going to be a tight West. I think the Nuggies can win the division without any such help, but it wouldn't hurt.

Are you sure? A lot of you were counting in on the 2 or 3 seed a little quick.

West
1 LA Lakers 50 12
2 San Antonio 42 20 .
3 Houston 41 23
4 Utah 40 23
5 New Orleans 39 22
6 Portland 39 23
7 Denver 40 24
8 Dallas 38 25
9. and done Phoenix 34 29

Lots of games to go but the division is no lock especially with Utah healthy again.

BroncoDoug
03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
stupid nuggets...what the hell is wrong with them?

Inkana7
03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Sounds like the Lakers-Blazers game was a nice one last night.

Not only did LA let Portland shoot 45% from three, but Joel "The Vanilla Godzilla" Przybilla grabbed 18 boards over a pretty active and talented LA frontcourt. If only Oden wasn't a huge bust so far, they could be a deadly team.

TonyR
03-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Good question, they are really pulling a Denver Broncos trick and falling apart at the exact wrong time. Carmelo Anthony and Jay Cutler are very similar in some ways: very talented but immature and not yet (or pehaps ever)winners (although Melo did well at Cuse and can't seem to translate it in the show).

ludo21
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Suns have to win this one tonight!! I am sick of the inconsistency but they still have an outside chance to get in.

And Ariza is a dirty bastard, he better get 10 plus games for that crap.

azbroncfan
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Nothing is wrong with them it's just that the Jazz and Blazers are a better team when healthy. The stars are aligned for the Nuggets as they have more home games remaining than the other two teams.

ohiobronco2
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Go Cavs.

spdirty
03-10-2009, 11:05 PM
KMart needs to get healthy. Next 5 are against pretty soft teams. Take care of those and they should find themselves back in first place. Nothing is guarunteed anymore though. :(

Natedog24
03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
And Ariza is a dirty bastard, he better get 10 plus games for that crap.

Unfortunately David Stern disagrees :bash:

Apparently a foul that puts a guy in the fricken hospital isn't that hard of a foul ???

Inkana7
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Go Cavs.

Ugly win last night, but I'll take it. Two triple doubles in a row for Bron-Bron.

Inkana7
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately David Stern disagrees :bash:

Apparently a foul that puts a guy in the fricken hospital isn't that hard of a foul ???

At least Odom got a game for leaving the bench.

bombay
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM

Missing KMarts toughness.

Billups wearing down.

Carmelo reverting to form.

Nene wearing down.

ohiobronco2
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Ugly win last night, but I'll take it. Two triple doubles in a row for Bron-Bron.

The guy is simply amazing. I'm sure the NBA will find a reason to give the MVP award to somebody else this season though.

spdirty
03-27-2009, 08:53 PM
This Nugs-Mavs game is exactly why I question why I even watch the NBA. It blows away the notion that the NBA does not have the worst refs out there. Bull**** call after bull**** call after bull**** call after bull**** call.

Nugs up by 2 with a minute left right now, and they should be up by double digits. But these ****ing refs are doing everything in their ****ing power to secure a Mavs win. Absolute ****ing bull****. Rivals the Nugs-Rockets game on MLK day.

spdirty
03-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Now this shout that melo just now made......how in the holy **** is that not a ****ing foul when Dirk was all over him, and had his ****ing hand in his face?

Mavs win this game and the refs stole it for them.

broncofan2438
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice win for the Nuggs tonight! Melo had a good game

Broncosfreak_56
03-27-2009, 09:06 PM
**** those refs. Great game against two tough opponents. Melo was a man.

Bronco X
03-27-2009, 10:24 PM
As impressive of back to back road wins as I can recall the Nuggets having in a while, especially not having Nene.

Still you never know when the Nuggets might choke. If they can avoid that the division is theirs, and they may have a shot at the #3 seed.

spdirty
03-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Well looking at the schedule they "should" win 7 of the last 9 which would probably give em the 3 seed. Great win against the Mavs and refs tonight. Need to take care of business tomorrow night though, or this win means nothing.

8 of 9 might get em the 2 seed though, and the @LA Lakers game I wouldnt be surprised to see em win either since they might be locked in to their overall seeding by then.

spdirty
03-27-2009, 10:59 PM
BTW, the Suns can straight kiss my everlovin ass. We help them out by losing to them and sweeping the Mvs and they have to repay us by getting their asses kicked by Portland. Sons of bitches better beat Utah tomorrow.

Paladin
03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
I hope the Suns get left out of the playoffs, and I hope the Mavs do, too. Houston also is a team of floppers.....

BroncoDoug
03-27-2009, 11:13 PM
**** those refs. Great game against two tough opponents. Melo was a man.

Wow, no joke! That was the best I've seen Melo play in a while, he just dominated when we needed him the most..

montrose
03-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Good question, they are really pulling a Mike Shanahan-era Denver Broncos trick and falling apart at the exact wrong time.

Fixed your post.

spdirty
03-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Fixed your post.

Theyve won 7 of 8 since that post. Dont **** up a good thing.;)

FADERPROOF
03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Go Cavs!

Inkana7
03-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Go Cavs!

Amen!