PDA

View Full Version : The Official 08-2009 NBA Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ludo21
03-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Suns still got a chance which i cant believe...

Tonight is a must win, they all are ;D I hope they can pull it off.

Thanks nuggs for that win!

broncswin
03-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Nice win by the nuggs last night in Dallas, the refs tried every thing they could to give Big D the win!! Melo with 43----BooYa

Paladin
03-28-2009, 08:46 AM

A flop gave the Suns the win against the Nuggets. So, I expect them to flop some more. Suns and Spurts can suck my toes.

azbroncfan
03-28-2009, 09:06 AM

Every suns game is a must win. It will take a choke job plus a win out for the suns to do it.

BroncoLifer
03-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Nice 5-on-8 win for the Nuggets last night.

BroncoDoug
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM

amen! its not that some of the calls were bad (which a lot were) they just weren't consistant at all during the game....it was a joke!

spdirty
03-28-2009, 10:05 AM

:~ohyah!: good one.

Wonder where angry llama is to comment on last nights game.

azbroncfan
03-28-2009, 10:09 AM
amen! its not that some of the calls were bad (which a lot were) they just weren't consistant at all during the game....it was a joke!

Get over the blaming the refs. You guys are sounding like Suns fans. Any fan of any team could use the excuse.

At the Jazz suns game I went to the other day the fans were so pathetic they were booing and complaining about the refs blowing the whistle so early that sometimes they were jumping the gun so quick there wasn't even a foul called but they were still complaining.

azbroncfan
03-28-2009, 10:12 AM
:~ohyah!: good one.

Wonder where angry llama is to comment on last nights game.

He quit the basketball posting after his stuck his own pud in his A&& in back to back years for predicting Mavs sweep over heat and sweep of Warriors a year later. He talked on the high horse for two years and failed to be a man and take the heat for all the garbage he talked. He showed his true spineless colors.

spdirty
03-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Get over the blaming the refs. You guys are sounding like Suns fans. Any fan of any team could use the excuse.

At the Jazz suns game I went to the other day the fans were so pathetic they were booing and complaining about the refs blowing the whistle so early that sometimes they were jumping the gun so quick there wasn't even a foul called but they were still complaining.

Did you watch the game last night? It was so blatant, so obvious that either they were one-sided or blind in 1 eye that it truly was amazing that the nugs escaped with a win. Wouldve been a double digit victory had the game been called evenly.

Melo gets a forearm to the face while shooting, no call. And every time a mavs player flopped they got the call.

Once there was offensive 3 seconds called on the Nugs yet a Mavs player was in the paint and stayed there longer than the Nugs player did, hell the FT attempts were 37-18. It was pretty bad. Hell I was wondering whether we were playing the Mavs or the Sterns most of the game.

Bronco X
03-28-2009, 11:22 AM

There's no need to blame the refs considering they won...

But I'll say this about ref bashing... in the NBA, the fans gripes are absolutely legit. That's not to say every complaint is legit, or that fans boo for all the right reasons, but the hair trigger fan responses you're describing are born from plenty of frustration having to watch the state of NBA officiating over the years.

I don't think it's something as blatant as David Stern instructing officials to fix games, but rather the NBA refs consistently allow reputation and expectation to influence their perception on the floor, rather than calling it what happens on the floor as it happens. So a star player who flubs a shot in traffic gets a call because they were expected to make the shot, or a team that has a reputation for playing good defense has far greater rope to be physical and hack than a team that doesn't have that reputation, even if they are doing the same things.

The Tim Donaghy situation may have been isolated but I think the fact that it happened is indicative of Stern's incompetence and unwillingness to deal with the fact that the state of officiating in his league has desecrated the integrity of it. Stern's response to these issues is always PR... fining players and coaches for speaking out, putting out the positive spin... The Donaghy thing should have bitten him far harder than it did.

TheChamp24
03-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Funny how Cuban was complaining about non-calls on the Nuggets after that game haha.
And saying the Jazz and Blazers are both better than the Nuggets, well it seems to me they are all pretty even. I mean, the season series will probably all be split at 2-2 a piece, with the winners winning at home lol.

broncofan2438
03-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Dang, you see the blocks by Andersen? So sick! I really like that guy. With everyone healthy, Nuggs could be scary!

LongDongJohnson
03-28-2009, 03:51 PM
my boy gilbert arenas is returning today

azbroncfan
03-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Funny how Cuban was complaining about non-calls on the Nuggets after that game haha.
And saying the Jazz and Blazers are both better than the Nuggets, well it seems to me they are all pretty even. I mean, the season series will probably all be split at 2-2 a piece, with the winners winning at home lol.

I still think the Jazz are better than both they just dug too big of a hole to dig out of during the middlepart of the year with over 130 missed games by key players and are very lucky to have as good of a record as they do. Now they will finish third in the division since they have road games with every playoff team that is in the West except Houston the rest of the way and they can't win a road game to save their life.

Paladin
03-28-2009, 04:31 PM
.......they can't win a road game to save their life.

So they are "better", huh? Sounds like a Mad Yak claim to me.....

And yes, the Mavs get calls on the flops. Just pathetic......

Did anyone else see the play where Melo went by Dirt Nowhereski? He just made Dirt look like the complete fool that he is. Let's see. That's five in a row over that team, 4-0 for the year.......

Man-Goblin
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
So they are "better", huh? Sounds like a Mad Yak claim to me.....

And yes, the Mavs get calls on the flops. Just pathetic......

Did anyone else see the play where Melo went by Dirt Nowhereski? He just made Dirt look like the complete fool that he is. Let's see. That's five in a row over that team, 4-0 for the year.......

The Nuggets hopefully are on to bigger and better things. The Mavs are battling for a playoff spot. It was an impressive win with Nene, but the Dallas was missing some players too.

I want a playoff series win; no less. And it starts playing well down the stretch, but the Nuggets have done that in the past with no results in the playoffs. They've got tonight against Golden State (and they haven't played all too well so far) and then against NY (hopefully BOTH easy wins). Then Utah at home. Blow them out and they should win the division. But you gotta get that 3 seed. You gotta. And they are playing like they know that.

But it's all about the playoffs and for the first time in a very, very long time I think they have a shot at winning a series. Then, who knows what will happen.

spdirty
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
great win tonight. I think with this remaining schedule, as long as they win the games they are suppose to win, (6 of 8), they have an outside shot of tying the Sterns, which would get them the 2 seed. And if they win 7/8 they probably have a decent shot at it. Sterns right now have 2 road, and 5 total games against winning teams. Have to take care of business against the teams they are suppose to beat though.

That April 2 Utah game is huge right now.

spdirty
03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Jazz have 7 total, and 6 road games against teams with a winning record, and are 2.5 games back, so they shouldnt be a threat to win the division.

Portland has 5 total, and 2 roadies against teams with a winning record. Nugs are 2 games ahead of Portland. Should have this division, so long as they win 6/8.

Stupid loss against a NY, minnesota, OK City, etc. changes everything though.

Lets see. Sterns have 5 total, 2 roadies, and Houston has 6 total, and 3 roadies. Gonna be fun watching this stretch and seeing how this big cluster**** in the West gets figured out. 2nd seed and 7th seed are separated by 3.5 games.

PaintballCLE
03-28-2009, 10:01 PM
i dont know why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch.........the lakers are gonna take the west, and it will come down to the cavs/celts in an epic game 7 to see who will face the lakers in the finals. Case closed. LOL

Paladin
03-29-2009, 03:58 PM
i dont know why you guys are getting your panties in a bunch.........the lakers are gonna take the west, and it will come down to the cavs/celts in an epic game 7 to see who will face the lakers in the finals. Case closed. LOL

Maybe, maybe not. The Celts showed the Flakers can be beat in a playoff series.....

Inkana7
03-29-2009, 04:09 PM
What a great day. Cleveland overcame an early 15 point deficit to win by 20+, and LA lost to the Hawks by 10.

spdirty
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Go Hornets!

FADERPROOF
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
What a great day. Cleveland overcame an early 15 point deficit to win by 20+, and LA lost to the Hawks by 10.

That was a great win, glad I have a good amount of money set aside for the playoffs cause this team is unstoppable at home.

FADERPROOF
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Hope Cleveland enjoys this season and next. Bye bye LeBron.

Why would he leave the back-to-back champions for elsewhere? Especially if it's the New York Knicks that everyone is assuming.

spdirty
03-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Half game behind the Sterns!

Inkana7
03-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Why would he leave the back-to-back champions for elsewhere? Especially if it's the New York Knicks that everyone is assuming.

Come on man, we all know LeBron has always dreamed of a reunion with Larry Hughes, with a supporting cast that includes Eddie Curry! :spit:

ohiobronco2
03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Lebron looks to be having a good time. I don't see him going anywhere. Why would he go? Winning team-Check. Max salary (Cleveland will be able to give the league maximum)-Check. Fans that love him-Check. Hometown-Check. I know some people think that NY is a bigger market and he would get more endorsement deals. Honestly, it's Lebron James, I'm sure he'd have no problem getting endorsement deals if he played basketball in Fargo ND. No offense to those who live there. :)

spdirty
03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
all alone with the 2nd seed. :)

Also, officially clinched the playoffs tonight. :)

broncofan2438
03-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Nice game by Denver tonight......Lakers, San Antonio, Utah lost or loosing

Natedog24
03-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Go Blazers go!

Inkana7
04-01-2009, 05:20 AM
The Bobcats complete own the Lakers. They're 6-1 over the last 7 games against them.

montrose
04-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Congratulations to the Nuggets, six-straight playoff berths for the former NBA laughing stock that's become Colorado's most consistent and successful pro team.

vancejohnson82
04-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Utah is atrocious on the road, btw...

azbroncfan
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Utah is atrocious on the road, btw...

That isn't new news they have been for a couple years. With that being said I would love a Utah Nuggets first round matchup.

broncofan2438
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
The Bobcats complete own the Lakers. They're 6-1 over the last 7 games against them.

I love that

broncofan2438
04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Congratulations to the Nuggets, six-straight playoff berths for the former NBA laughing stock that's become Colorado's most consistent and successful pro team.

Agreed....You would think that the Nuggs could get some love in Colorado...but all this Cutler mess screws it up for everyone. Nuggs just need to get out of the first round

Kid A
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Agreed....You would think that the Nuggs could get some love in Colorado...but all this Cutler mess screws it up for everyone. Nuggs just need to get out of the first round

The Avs might be the worst team in the NHL right now. The Broncos are a soap opera. People in Colorado should be pretty eager to jump on the Nuggets bandwagon come playoff time if they show something.

spdirty
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
The Avs might be the worst team in the NHL right now. The Broncos are a soap opera. People in Colorado should be pretty eager to jump on the Nuggets bandwagon come playoff time if they show something.

The Nuggets are the only team in Colorado that is worth a **** right now.

FADERPROOF
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
The Nuggets are the only team in Colorado that is worth a **** right now.

Didn't the Rockies make the World Series just 2 years ago?

spdirty
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Didn't the Rockies make the World Series just 2 years ago?

yeah 1 month of great baseball followed by a year of shlt followed by the trading of their best player for (probably) less than equal value.

That world series appearance only takes you so far, and when you trade away your best player for unproven talents that tends to drive away optimism.

FADERPROOF
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
yeah 1 month of great baseball followed by a year of shlt followed by the trading of their best player for (probably) less than equal value.

That world series appearance only takes you so far, and when you trade away your best player for unproven talents that tends to drive away optimism.

They are in the NL West though, 85 wins might get that division.

spdirty
04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
They are in the NL West though, 85 wins might get that division.

Too bad they won't win 80.

RhymesayersDU
04-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Nuggies/Jazz will be real good on Thursday.

Jazz are poor on the road, but what scares the **** out of me is that they just got blown out last night, and I don't see that happening again. Sloan is way too good of a coach.

Nuggies can win for sure, but it's going to be a nail biter. Jazz will come strong.

Bronco X
04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
A little sloppy at the end but the Nuggets took care of business. The only team in Denver not in shambles...

spdirty
04-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Awesome win, but wtf was up with those green uniforms?

Broncosfreak_56
04-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Awesome win, but wtf was up with those green uniforms?

The Nuggets donned green uniforms as part of the NBA's Green Week.

Karenin
04-03-2009, 08:10 AM
That isn't new news they have been for a couple years. With that being said I would love a Utah Nuggets first round matchup.

So would the Nuggets.

Man-Goblin
04-03-2009, 08:13 AM
So would the Nuggets.

You think so? I wouldn't want anything to do with going to that building in the playoffs.

Karenin
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Yea, but that's a moot point because the Nugs will have home court. The Jazz are by far the worst road team in the playoffs and have pretty much no chance at all to win a road game in Denver where the refs aren't giving them every call.

worm
04-03-2009, 08:51 PM
rut roh Ink! ;D

Can they get out of the East in the playoffs?

spdirty
04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Id rather play the Hornets first round.

spdirty
04-03-2009, 10:08 PM
:rofl: Way to go T-Pups.

24champ
04-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Gasol and Bryant both played 38-plus minutes for the Lakers, who reached 60 wins for the 11th time in franchise history but the first since they went 67-15 in 1999-2000.

Can't wait for the playoffs...

worm
04-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Gasol and Bryant both played 38-plus minutes for the Lakers, who reached 60 wins for the 11th time in franchise history but the first since they went 67-15 in 1999-2000.

Can't wait for the playoffs...

The Lakers should be in the Finals.....will the Cavs be there is the bigger question.

FADERPROOF
04-04-2009, 12:57 AM
The Lakers should be in the Finals.....will the Cavs be there is the bigger question.

why wouldnt they be? They will have the 1 seed in the east and have a mere 1 loss at home all season, laker vs. cavs in the finals.

24champ
04-04-2009, 12:59 AM

I want the Celtics if the Lakers are in the Finals...I want some payback.

TDmvp
04-04-2009, 01:01 AM
http://blog.themavenreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/celtics_575.jpghttp://withmalice.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/kobe1.jpg

24champ
04-04-2009, 01:02 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0606/nba_pierce2_200.jpg

24champ
04-04-2009, 01:04 AM
http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/pierce-softball.jpg

worm
04-04-2009, 01:07 AM
why wouldnt they be? They will have the 1 seed in the east and have a mere 1 loss at home all season, laker vs. cavs in the finals.

Looks that way....

I was more alluding to the loss tonight. A Magic\Cavs series would be fun to watch.

TDmvp
04-04-2009, 01:17 AM
http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/pierce-softball.jpg

ROFL!
that one always kills me LOL ... almost spit my drink and i have seen that 100s of times ...

It just never gets old LOL ...

Man-Goblin
04-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Melo too mature for hissy fits

Hard to believe that less than a year ago Anthony was the subject of trade rumors, unsure if Denver coach George Karl believed in him.
A lesser man or more temperamental diva might have thrown a hissy fit, demanded to be traded and refused to answer his cellphone until news of a deal was done and all ties with Colorado were broken.

More here... http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12075569

This is a good article on Melo. As a life-long fan, it has been so great to watch the Nuggets this year. You have to believe they're finally going to get out of the first round, although I would prefer not to have to play Utah.

broncofan2438
04-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Nuggs should get out of the first round......Going to be exciting to watch. Great game last night against the Hair Clippers. Not much of a game, but wow Smith is on fire.....hopefully he can keep it going into the playoffs

Man-Goblin
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
15 3's in two games is ridiculous. Hopefully he doesn't shoot his wad before the playoffs.

RhymesayersDU
04-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I for one am rooting hard for two teams right now:

1) Denver
2) Dallas

Denver, for obvious reasons. I want them to win every game they play in. Plus I want them to keep the 2nd seed.

But heading into today's games, Dallas was only 1 game behind Utah for the 7th seed in the West. If they obtain that 7th seed, I would almost guarantee the Nuggies win that matchup.

I think the Nuggies can hang with Utah, I do. I wouldn't say I'm scared per se... But Utah is extremely well coached and has some players, so Dallas is obviously the preferred matchup.

broncofan2438
04-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Another sweet win by the Nuggs tonight......Didnt the Grizzles just beat the Lakers not to long ago?

bombay
04-05-2009, 06:20 PM

1) Denver
2) Dallas

Denver, for obvious reasons. I want them to win every game they play in. Plus I want them to keep the 2nd seed.

But heading into today's games, Dallas was only 1 game behind Utah for the 7th seed in the West. If they obtain that 7th seed, I would almost guarantee the Nuggies win that matchup.

I think the Nuggies can hang with Utah, I do. I wouldn't say I'm scared per se... But Utah is extremely well coached and has some players, so Dallas is obviously the preferred matchup.

Yep. Utah is far more dangerous.

Bronco X
04-05-2009, 06:32 PM

1) Denver
2) Dallas

Utah destroyed NO in NO, which puts Utah a half game behind plus the tie breaker. NO is really stumbling down the stretch, they might be a more ideal matchup than Dallas and there's a decent chance of it happening.

Bronco X
04-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Another sweet win by the Nuggs tonight......Didnt the Grizzles just beat the Lakers not to long ago?

Don't know if you're talking about the T-Wolves but they just beat Utah in Utah a couple of nights ago.

Orange4Life
04-05-2009, 06:37 PM
If I were a Nug fan I'd be pulling for Dallas or NO. NO looked terrible tonight. They had a couple players out but its a very winnable series playing NO. The Jazz are really up and down right now. They could go either way.

worm
04-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Tough to win in Utah....but Paul can win a series just by himself.

I think Dallas is the easiest 1st round matchup for any team.

spdirty
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Well another easy win, and Portland and San Antonio also lost. Puts us a game up in the loss column against SA.

azbroncfan
04-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I want a Denver/Utah matchup in round 1. San Antonio has Utah's number for whatever reason and I don't want to play them or the Lakers.

jutang
04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Things are becoming ideal for the Nuggets. NO is struggling and with their schedule really could fall for 7th place. Dal has an easier schedule that Utah and possibly could get the 7th spot. Either way, Dal or NO would be a better match up for Den.

Den definitely has the advantage against Utah this yr, but I could envision that series for to 6-7 games.

Den meanwhile is looking strong heading into the playoffs. Granted their schedule got real easy the past two weeks, but nothing like gaining as much momentum into the post season.

spdirty
04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Just heard on the radio coming home that the Sterns flop queen is out for the year. Nugs just might get to the conference finals. :)

broncofan2438
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Just heard on the radio coming home that the Sterns flop queen is out for the year. Nugs just might get to the conference finals. :)

Sweet

spdirty
04-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Sweet

AAAAAAnd, assuming we just win 2 of our last 4 (vs Thunder and Kings, @Lakers and Portland), unless San Antonio, Portland, and/or Houston win out we got the 2 seed. :)

TheChamp24
04-06-2009, 09:27 PM

I don't think there has ever been a basketball player I have hated more than Ginobli, mainly due to his flopping antics and always getting calls his way.

spdirty
04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't think there has ever been a basketball player I have hated more than Ginobli, mainly due to his flopping antics and always getting calls his way.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels that way.

24champ
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM

and will bend over and take it from the Lakers like they did last year.:rofl:

RhymesayersDU
04-07-2009, 05:34 AM

Yeah but I think if you make it to the conference finals they at least give you some lube. So we have that going for us.

FADERPROOF
04-07-2009, 06:16 AM

Then the Lakers will get run by whatever team may come out of the Eastern Conference like they did last year.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Then the Lakers will get run by whatever team may come out of the Eastern Conference like they did last year.

:rofl:

What are you smoking?

The Lakers swept both Cleveland and Boston in the regular season - and they did it without Andrew Bynum (who will be back in time for the playoffs.)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 06:57 AM

That's because they're one of those teams (like Portland at home) who gear up for the Lakers like it's the finals while the Lakers usually overlook them on their way to the next game against a team with a winning record. Ha!

azbroncfan
04-07-2009, 07:03 AM

What are you smoking?

The Lakers swept both Cleveland and Boston in the regular season - and they did it without Andrew Bynum (who will be back in time for the playoffs.)

I'm sure if you pull up last years NBA thread you were saying the same thing about playing Boston.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2009, 07:09 AM
The Lakers aren't even going to make it to the Finals anyway.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm sure if you pull up last years NBA thread you were saying the same thing about playing Boston.

Quote?

Link?

In any event, that was then, this is now.

The Lakers have improved, and, unlike last year, Bynum will be available for the playoffs.

The Green Boogers, on the other hand, haven't been playing as well as they were last year and aren't as deep (unless you consider the Starbury trade a good thing. Ha! )

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 07:18 AM
The Lakers aren't even going to make it to the Finals anyway.

???

What West team could beat them in a 7 game series where the Lakers have HCA?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 07:20 AM

Um, no, I would not have said that because the Lakers didn't sweep Boston last year.

Garcia Bronco
04-07-2009, 07:23 AM
The only series I am looking for is Den/Cleveland or LA/Cleveland. Anything else would be a waste to watch.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2009, 07:57 AM
The Green Boogers, on the other hand, haven't been playing as well as they were last year and aren't as deep (unless you consider the Starbury trade a good thing. Ha! )

Injuries. Plain and simple.

When healthy, this year's squad is superior to last year's. The only question is, will they be healthy for the full playoff run?

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2009, 07:59 AM
???

I forgot....the better team during the regular season always wins in the playoffs.

Man-Goblin
04-07-2009, 08:38 AM

When healthy, this year's squad is superior to last year's. The only question is, will they be healthy for the full playoff run?

The injuries suck for them and Rondo is better. But losing Posey was a big blow.

FADERPROOF
04-07-2009, 09:15 AM

What are you smoking?

I also recall a couple years ago when my Cavs swept the Spurs in the regular season, they met in the finals that year with very different results.

BroncoLifer
04-07-2009, 09:32 AM

Amen, brother!

Inkana7
04-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm so scared of an Andrew Bynum who hasn't played in 2 months and is overrated to begin with! LOL

Besides, Laker fans, I think we forget that Cleveland was missing both Z and Delonte in the first meeting, and Delonte in the second meeting. Delonte West is our best perimeter defender.

Inkana7
04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
That's because they're one of those teams (like Portland at home) who gear up for the Lakers like it's the finals while the Lakers usually overlook them on their way to the next game against a team with a winning record. Ha!

This doesn't bother you? I'd like my team to want to crush all opposition. And, you know, try and stop someone once and a while. Watching a Lakers-Golden State game is like watching a good pickup basketball game, where defense is just waiting to get back on offense. :P

socalorado
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Cosign.

Inkana7
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
???

Portland matches up very well with LA. They're a tough team. I could also see Nawlins giving them a good series if they get healthy.

24champ
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm so scared of an Andrew Bynum who hasn't played in 2 months and is overrated to begin with! LOL

Besides, Laker fans, I think we forget that Cleveland was missing both Z and Delonte in the first meeting, and Delonte in the second meeting. Delonte West is our best perimeter defender.

In the second meeting Kobe was sick as a dog and were without Bynum...Odom stepped up and killed you guys. So it all evens out.

socalorado
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM

Just out of curiosity, who would Delonte (love that name!) cover if he was playing the Lakers?

bombay
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Lakers fans are funny.

Inkana7
04-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, who would Delonte (love that name!) cover if he was playing the Lakers?

Kobe when LeBron doesn't want a shot at him, Ariza, Farmar.

24champ
04-07-2009, 11:37 AM
This doesn't bother you? I'd like my team to want to crush all opposition. And, you know, try and stop someone once and a while. Watching a Lakers-Golden State game is like watching a good pickup basketball game, where defense is just waiting to get back on offense. :P

I agree with LABF that the Lakers were looking ahead....only that we aren't looking ahead to the next opponent. Phil has stated a few times in those losses that he was tinkering around with the lineup and rotations to see what will be the best fit for the playoffs. Basically tuning up for the playoffs. That's the real season for Laker fans, far as I am concerned.

Personally I can't wait for Bynum to be back, makes our bench much deeper if Bynum can start and Odom to the bench.

Inkana7
04-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree with LABF that the Lakers were looking ahead....only that we aren't looking ahead to the next opponent. Phil has stated a few times in those losses that he was tinkering around with the lineup and rotations to see what will be the best fit for the playoffs. Basically tuning up for the playoffs. That's the real season for Laker fans, far as I am concerned.

Personally I can't wait for Bynum to be back, makes our bench much deeper if Bynum can start and Odom to the bench.

I'd find a way to start Odom if I were Phil. He seems to play better starting than off the bench. He averaged what, 9 ppg off the bench?

24champ
04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I'd find a way to start Odom if I were Phil. He seems to play better starting than off the bench. He averaged what, 9 ppg off the bench?

I'd put him back on the bench, simply because lately our second lineup lacks scoring punch...big time. We had a 15 point lead on the Clippers...Phil puts in the second unit and poof! lead is gone because Farmar, Walton, Sasha just can't create their own shots.

socalorado
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM

What do you mean? Why wouldnt a healthy Delonte just attempt to cover Kobe?

FADERPROOF
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
In the second meeting Kobe was sick as a dog and were without Bynum...Odom stepped up and killed you guys. So it all evens out.

Not necessarily, we've beaten the Celtics this year at full strength yet dropped a game to them while Kevin Garnett was out, and much like Odom stepping up for the Lakers it was Powe for the Celtics that killed the Cavs.

broncofan2438
04-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Lakers fans are funny.

Yup, Bynum this Bynum that.....who cares? Nuggs baby!

Inkana7
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
What do you mean? Why wouldnt a healthy Delonte just attempt to cover Kobe?

LeBron always wants a shot at defending the best players from opposing teams.

worm
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Sunday's game will be interesting to watch. If Bos can go in there and get a win...it could change the whole dynamics of the POs in the East.

If Cleveland loses that game and the best record to the Lakers...they would stumble into the playoffs and lose any sense of invincibility. The East would then be a real dogfight.

This is THE game of the regular season in the East.

Inkana7
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Sunday's game will be interesting to watch. If Bos can go in there and get a win...it could change the whole dynamics of the POs in the East.

If Cleveland loses that game and the best record to the Lakers...they would stumble into the playoffs and lose any sense of invincibility. The East would then be a real dogfight.

This is THE game of the regular season in the East.

Isn't it the second to last game of the season? It'll probably be a scalper's night off.

RhymesayersDU
04-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Love a good ol fashioned hoops discussion.

We'll see on the Lakers. Look, the West is their conference, no doubt about it. They're going to walk into the Finals barring something drastic happening.

But to say that "Bynum will be back" is not what you want to hang your hopes on. The Lakers got crushed due to a lack of size last year versus Boston. Yes, Bynum is the big body they need, but who knows where his game will be, how in shape he'll be, etc. I mean, you don't just flip the switch after not playing for months.

FADERPROOF
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Isn't it the second to last game of the season? It'll probably be a scalper's night off.

3rd to last for our Cavs of the 5 remaining games, vs.Washington @ Philly vs.Boston @ Indiana then final home game vs.Atlanta.

If we blow a 4 game lead with those 5 remaining...we don't deserve to even reach the conference finals this year.

24champ
04-07-2009, 08:42 PM

We'll see on the Lakers. Look, the West is their conference, no doubt about it. They're going to walk into the Finals barring something drastic happening.

But to say that "Bynum will be back" is not what you want to hang your hopes on. The Lakers got crushed due to a lack of size last year versus Boston. Yes, Bynum is the big body they need, but who knows where his game will be, how in shape he'll be, etc. I mean, you don't just flip the switch after not playing for months.
;D ....he looks "AWESOME." -Odom

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hLHgOeK5i-M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hLHgOeK5i-M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 09:48 PM

Not true.

Even 15-20 minutes per game of Bynum at 75-80% helps us (not that we haven't been doing just fine without him.)

We don't need him to do a lot on the offensive end - we just need his presence down low on D.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 09:51 PM

ROFL!

Bynum "overrated?"

Talk about blinded by Laker hatred.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Portland matches up very well with LA. They're a tough team. I could also see Nawlins giving them a good series if they get healthy.

The Jail Blazers are a crappy road team and are very inexperienced.

The Lakers would have HCA.

Would you really put money on Portland in that series?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM

The Celts don't have the same depth as last year.

Letting guys like Posey go was a mistake.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-07-2009, 09:59 PM

Of course it bothers me - what fan doesn't want his team to win every game?

But the reality is it's a long season and there are a lot of games.

As for defense, the Lakers' defense has been good enough to own the Western conference and to sweep the two top teams in the East, so they must be doing something right. :welcome:

TDmvp
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
The Celts don't have the same depth as last year.

Letting guys like Posey go was a mistake.

hated they picked up Marbury .. Dude is a waste ...

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 09:40 AM
ROFL!

Bynum "overrated?"

Talk about blinded by Laker hatred.

He is. The Lakers have looked better without him. But ZOMG! He scored 42 in one game!

I just love how it was a Kobe flop that got him hurt.

Karenin
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Bynum overrated?!?!? How dare you? Show some respect to the best 14/8 player to ever play the game.

Man-Goblin
04-08-2009, 10:58 AM
<TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top colSpan=2 align=middle><TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top colSpan=2 align=middle>PLAYER 'A' 2008-09 Statistics</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>14.0</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>8.2 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.5</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.4</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.9</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.558</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.703</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.000</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>29.1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PLAYER 'B' 2008-09 Statistics
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>14.5</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>7.7 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.4</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>1.2</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.3</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.606</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.722</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.200</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>32.5
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anyone wanna guess who the two players are?

Paladin
04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Acatually, I hope the Jazz drop to 8 and get the Flakers first. The Jazz seem to give the Flakers fits. Love to see that.....

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
<TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top colSpan=2 align=middle><TABLE class=playerInfoGridPlayerInfoBorders border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=gSGSectionTitleStatsPlayerGrid vAlign=top colSpan=2 align=middle>PLAYER 'A' 2008-09 Statistics</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>14.0</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>8.2 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.5</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.4</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.9</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.558</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.703</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.000</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>29.1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PLAYER 'B' 2008-09 Statistics
</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>PPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>14.5</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>RPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>7.7 </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>APG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.4</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>SPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>1.2</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>BPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>1.3</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>FG%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.606</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>FT%</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>0.722</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowOdd>3P%</TD><TD class=gSGRowOdd>0.200</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=gSGRowEven>MPG</TD><TD class=gSGRowEven>32.5
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anyone wanna guess who the two players are?

I'm guessing, but I really hope you didn't just try and compare Andrew Bynum to Kevin Garnett.

Man-Goblin
04-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm guessing, but I really hope you didn't just try and compare Andrew Bynum to Kevin Garnett.

Nope.

Actually, Player A is Bynum, and player B is Nene.

I'm not really sure what my point is, other than to point out that they are basically the same player, yet Nene gets no pub whatsoever.

So, if Bynum isn't overrated as the supposed 2nd best young center in the game, Nene is severely underrated.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Source: Bynum to return vs. Nuggets
<!-- m -->
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4053471

Wow!

Lakers wanting to avenge an embarrassing loss @Denver + home court + Bynum's return = a serious beat down in store for the Thuggets tomorrow night. :~ohyah!:<!-- m -->

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
The Lakers have a one way ticket right to the finals.

No team in the west has a chance of beating them in a series.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
He is. The Lakers have looked better without him.

Better at what?

You were just complaining that their defense sucked.

Make up your mind! :wave:

I just love how it was a Kobe flop that got him hurt.

Blinded by hatred much? :oyvey:

24champ
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Source: Bynum to return vs. Nuggets
<!-- m -->
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4053471

Wow!

Lakers wanting to avenge an embarrassing loss @Denver + home court + Bynum's return = a serious beat down in store for the Thuggets tomorrow night. :~ohyah!:<!-- m -->

Slama jama bing bong!!!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IsxbHxryE4U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IsxbHxryE4U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 05:19 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IsxbHxryE4U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IsxbHxryE4U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I missed that play last night, cant stand the guy but what a play.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Nope.

Actually, Player A is Bynum, and player B is Nene.

I'm not really sure what my point is, other than to point out that they are basically the same player, yet Nene gets no pub whatsoever.

So, if Bynum isn't overrated as the supposed 2nd best young center in the game, Nene is severely underrated.

Those stats don't take into account that Bynum was coming off a serious injury, took a long time to get back into game shape, and missed ~1/2 of the regular season.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Ha ha ha! :rofl:

You know your defense is in trouble when Sasha dunks on you.

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah really, it seemed like a home game to the Lakers last night.

A lot of LA fans up there.

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Better at what?

You were just complaining that their defense sucked.

Make up your mind! :wave:
Their defense does suck. But they've looked better. Is it that hard to wrap your mind around? :welcome:

Blinded by hatred much? :oyvey:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2NUsGSzw0Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2NUsGSzw0Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Flop flop flop.

Watch Kobe's face while Bynum writhes on the floor. Is he trying to argue that he was fouled, thereby causing the horrible injury to his teammate? Nope. Are Phil ,Vujacic, Gasol, Odom or any of the Lakers arguing about a Memphis foul? Nope. They're all stunned to silence by a quintessential and historically boneheaded move - made by their own "MVP" teammate no less.

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Those stats don't take into account that Bynum was coming off a serious injury, took a long time to get back into game shape, and missed ~1/2 of the regular season.

So let's talk about how awesome the Lakers are going to be in the playoffs because Bynum's coming off a serious injury, hasn't played in month and missed a third of the regular season. :rofl:

Okay, guys. :thumbsup:

24champ
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah really, it seemed like a home game to the Lakers last night.

A lot of LA fans up there.

Bacon cheeseburger and cheesecake anyone? Lakers All-Star guard Kobe Bryant became ill during the 2002 Western Conference finals against the Kings after ordering those items in Sacramento.

But after the reception he received Tuesday night at Arco Arena, Bryant has no reservations about eating in Sacramento.

“I can order cheesecake and all that,” Bryant said. “Nobody’s gonna mess with me now. They’re all Laker fans anyway.”

As the game became a rout in the second half, many of the Lakers fans in attendance stayed until the final buzzer. That was unheard of earlier this decade when Lakers coach Phil Jackson ribbed Sacramento repeatedly.

But the Kings also were among the NBA’s best teams then, too.

So instead of being jeered during introductions and booed throughout the night, Bryant feels rather comfortable in Arco.

“There’s nothing but Laker fans here now,” Bryant said. “It was basically a home game for us, it really was. Things have changed quite a bit.”

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/1763990.html

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Their defense does suck. But they've looked better. Is it that hard to wrap your mind around? :welcome:

But you said the Lakers were better w/o Bynum.

You don't think Bynum makes the Lakers better on the defensive end?

You must not follow the NBA very closely. :rofl:

Flop flop flop.

Watch Kobe's face while Bynum writhes on the floor. Is he trying to argue that he was fouled, thereby causing the horrible injury to his teammate? Nope. Are Phil ,Vujacic, Gasol, Odom or any of the Lakers arguing about a Memphis foul? Nope. They're all stunned to silence by a quintessential and historically boneheaded move - made by their own "MVP" teammate no less.

"Loving it" when a player is injured is about as classless as it gets.

But that's you.

24champ
04-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Ha ha ha! :rofl:

You know your defense is in trouble when Sasha dunks on you.

"I've seen it all," Bryant said jokingly. "Sasha dunked on somebody. I'm ready to retire now."

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
So let's talk about how awesome the Lakers are going to be in the playoffs because Bynum's coming off a serious injury, hasn't played in month and missed a third of the regular season. :rofl:

Okay, guys. :thumbsup:

The injury this year was not nearly as serious as last year's injury.

Plus, we don't need Bynum to be 100% or to play a lot of minutes for him to make us better on defense.

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 05:30 PM
But you said the Lakers were better w/o Bynum.

You don't think Bynum makes the Lakers better on the defensive end?

You must not follow the NBA very closely. :rofl:
I doubt the Lakers win in Cleveland with Odom on the bench for Bynum.

"Loving it" when a player is injured is about as classless as it gets.

But that's you.
I loved the irony. Not the injury. But go ahead, insult me and dredge me down.

But that's just you.

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 05:30 PM
The Lakers could probably win it without Drew anyways.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I doubt the Lakers win in Cleveland with Odom on the bench for Bynum.

:laugh:

Do you have actual reasons for making this prediction, or are you just rolling with your Laker hate?

I loved the irony. Not the injury.

Not much difference in the net effect, i.e., you're celebrating or enjoying some aspect of an injury.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:36 PM
The Lakers could probably win it without Drew anyways.

QFT.

Already swept the top two East teams.

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 05:37 PM

Do you have actual reasons for making this prediction, or are you just rolling with your Laker hate?
20/15 and 20/20 games don't happen often if your name isn't Dwight Howard. Cleveland wins going away if Odom isn't there to pull down those offensive boards.

Not much difference in the net effect, i.e., you're celebrating or enjoying some aspect of an injury.

You're entitled to that opinion. But I don't wish injury upon anyone. Never have.

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
QFT.

Already swept the top two East teams.

Cleveland wont beat them in a 7 game series.

The only team that is a threat is Boston.

They are still the team to beat but Bynum is coming back at the right time.

spdirty
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Sure would be cool to see Portland pull it out against the Sterns tonight. That I think would mean that all we have to do is beat OK City and Sac to get the 2 seed assuming Houston loses 1 more time.

Not worried about the division tonight, since the "greatest team to ever step on a basketball court" will no doubt beat Portland Friday night. At Portland. Coming off a back to back. Right?

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Cleveland up 72-49.

Who was it that said something about fading down the stretch?

49 points given up in more than 3 quarters.

Let's spell it, LA guys. D-E-F-E-N-S-E.

It's nice to have Ben back.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Cleveland wont beat them in a 7 game series.

The only team that is a threat is Boston.

They are still the team to beat but Bynum is coming back at the right time.

Yep.

The matchup situation vs. the Cavs favors the Lakers.

And if it's the Celtics, we have Bynum this time around and Boston isn't as deep or as good as they were last year.

spdirty
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Yep.

And if it's the Celtics, we have Bynum this time around and Boston isn't as deep or as good as they were last year.

I'd worry about the 3 series you guys have to win against at the very least a 48+ win team followed by a couple 50+ win teams before worrying about who you have to play in the Finals.

If the Lakers had your mentality (which they might), don't be surprised to see a Dallas-Golden State repeat.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd worry about the 3 series you guys have to win against at the very least a 48+ win team followed by a couple 50+ win teams before worrying about who you have to play in the Finals.

Really?

Why should I be worried?

Not saying it's good to look past anyone, but what West team can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series (where the Lakers have HCA?)

Make your case here.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
If the Lakers had your mentality (which they might), don't be surprised to see a Dallas-Golden State repeat.

The Mavs got shocked by GS because the individual matchups heavily favored GS.

What West team presents the same matchup problems for the Lakers?

(Before you say Portland, remember that Portland is a crappy road team and the Lakers would have HCA.)

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
The Mavs got shocked by GS because the individual matchups heavily favored GS.

What West team presents the same matchup problems for the Lakers?

(Before you say Portland, remember that Portland is a crappy road team and the Lakers would have HCA.)

Who cares? Portland. They play very physically and Branden Roy is a manchild who can take over a game.

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Really?

Why should I be worried?

Not saying it's good to look past anyone, but what West team can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series (where the Lakers have HCA?)

Make your case here.

The Spurs till Ginobili was injured, I know they are old but Duncan and Parker are pretty good and experience helps.

So that's a wash there, but LA does everything else so well.

spdirty
04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Really?

Why should I be worried?

Make your case here.

No I'm just sayin, you guys are sittin there all smug and satisfied about how great your team is, and how the playoffs in the West are nothing more than a formality before the Lakers are crowned West Champs, when there are 7 hungry as hell teams out there.

Don't watch the Lakers much, but the one time I saw em in person they looked like shlt, and not nearly the reincarnation of the '96 Bulls like you folks make em out to be.

spdirty
04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Who cares? Portland. They play very physically and Branden Roy is a manchild who can take over a game.

Add to that they have 4 shots to win out there, get one hell of an effort on the road and if they hold serve at home, there you go.

Los Broncos
04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
No I'm just sayin, you guys are sittin there all smug and satisfied about how great your team is, and how the playoffs in the West are nothing more than a formality before the Lakers are crowned West Champs, when there are 7 hungry as hell teams out there.

Don't watch the Lakers much, but the one time I saw em in person they looked like shlt, and not nearly the reincarnation of the '96 Bulls like you folks make em out to be.

They have always had a tough time with lesser teams.

They play down to their competition that's for sure.

I just think they get disinterested at times like last night they were down a bunch and the next thing you know their up by 30, so.

24champ
04-08-2009, 06:28 PM

That's because you are a Nuggets fan, where you guys jerk each other off over 50 win seasons.

Expectations are a little different for us, last year I was pleasantly surpised to see the Lakers make the finals. We expect championships...anything less is considered a failure. Sure we're spoiled, considering we've only missed the playoffs 5 times in our history.

Lakers realize that everyone will be gunning for them, however mission was not accomplished last year and they have a chip on their shoulder for that embarrassing finals showing last year. If anything, the Lakers will have more of an edge.

worm
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Lakers realize that everyone will be gunning for them, however mission was not accomplished last year and they have a chip on their shoulder for that embarrassing finals showing last year. If anything, the Lakers will have more of an edge.

That is what a lot of people don't understand. People talk about other teams being hungry...well the Lakers are very hungry right now. Last year's ending hurt. They have been on record as saying they think the series would have been completely different if they would have had HCA last year.

They came back and put in the effort this year. From the FO down to the waterboy..they have been on the same page.

I would be very surprised if they didn't make the Finals.

spdirty
04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
That's because you are a Nuggets fan, where you guys jerk each other off over 50 win seasons.

Expectations are a little different for us, last year I was pleasantly surpised to see the Lakers make the finals. We expect championships...anything less is considered a failure. Sure we're spoiled, considering we've only missed the playoffs 5 times in our history.

Well there ya go. You sure you aren't a Patriot/Yankee fan as well?

FADERPROOF
04-08-2009, 07:05 PM

How were you pleasantly surprised to see the Lakers make the finals, yet Laker fans expect championships?

Inkana7
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
How were you pleasantly surprised to see the Lakers make the finals, yet Laker fans expect championships?

Zing.

FADERPROOF
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Yep.

Both teams at full strength I say Cavs vs. Lakers is a pretty even series.

I'd really like to hear your argument on how the matchups favor the Lakers.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM

Replace "Lakers" with "Broncos" and then you will probably be able to relate.

FADERPROOF
04-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Replace "Lakers" with "Broncos" and then you will probably be able to relate.

Um...no. I don't expect the Broncos to win every championship and certainly wouldn't consider it to be a failure if they don't.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM

If being hungry were all it took then you might have a case.

However, the Jail Blazers are a young and inexperienced team with very little playoff experience.

You didn't answer one thing: would you really put your money on Portland in that series?

I would tend to worry more about the Jazz, but they are playing VERY tired right now and they are as crappy on the road as Portland.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Um...no. I don't expect the Broncos to win every championship and certainly wouldn't consider it to be a failure if they don't.

Are you sure you're a Broncos fan? ;)

FADERPROOF
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Are you sure you're a Broncos fan? ;)

2 questions: Did you expect to win the Super Bowl the last 2 seasons?

Has every season except for the '98 and '99 season felt like a failure to you?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Both teams at full strength I say Cavs vs. Lakers is a pretty even series.

I'd really like to hear your argument on how the matchups favor the Lakers.

The Cavs can't compete with the length, strength, and talent of our front line.

We will own them inside.

RhymesayersDU
04-08-2009, 07:24 PM
This whole "the Lakers will get beat by somebody early in the playoffs" argument is garbage.

Kobe simply will not allow that. Believe me, I'd nut my pants if it happened, but these guys aren't the soft-as-toilet-paper Mavericks. Kobe be himself will be able to carry them through the first and second rounds if he had to, which he probably won't.

Could they get beat in WCF? Maybe, I suppose. They will not lose in the first two rounds of the Western Playoffs, barring an injury or something wacky happening.

I mean, I dislike the Lakers as much as the next guy, but their team is solid. And if Bynum can at least contribute something positive, watch out.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
2 questions: Did you expect to win the Super Bowl the last 2 seasons?

Has every season except for the '98 and '99 season felt like a failure to you?

Yes to #1.

As for #2, perhaps not failure, but definitely short of my expectations as a fan.

FADERPROOF

We will own them inside.

matchups, not biased speculation.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
This whole "the Lakers will get beat by somebody early in the playoffs" argument is garbage.

Kobe simply will not allow that. Believe me, I'd nut my pants if it happened, but these guys aren't the soft-as-toilet-paper Mavericks. Kobe be himself will be able to carry them through the first and second rounds if he had to, which he probably won't.

Could they get beat in WCF? Maybe, I suppose. They will not lose in the first two rounds of the Western Playoffs, barring an injury or something wacky happening.

I mean, I dislike the Lakers as much as the next guy, but their team is solid. And if Bynum can at least contribute something positive, watch out.

At last - an objective post. :thumbsup:

FADERPROOF
04-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes to #1.

As for #2, perhaps not failure, but definitely short of my expectations as a fan.

Actually I had 3 questions for you, the last I will take the liberty of answering it for you.

Are you a liar? YES!

ohiobronco2
04-08-2009, 07:54 PM
A lot depends on how great Bynum plays when he returns. He was playing at a fairly high level before he was injured. I'd expect the Lakers to pretty much have their way with just about every team out west. I thought the Spurs might give them a run for their money, but without Ginobili I don't see it happening. The Nuggets have a pretty stong team as well and Hornets could be a tough out for LA with a healthy Chandler. Going forward I think the Trailblazers are going to be amazing. They have so much talent and youth.

Anyways, if Cleveland expects to win it all, I believe they need home court. We all know how amazing they are at home (yes Laker fans, we know). I think the Cavs are superior to the Lakers at the one and three, but Lakers have much more talent at the other positions. I do think Laker fans are underestimating Clevelands D and the amount of versitile big men that Cleveland has on their bench. I know you folks on the west coast don't get to see them, but Varejao and Hickson are pretty tough scrappy players who will give the bigs of LA some trouble. You also have to give the coaching edge to LA.(I like Mike Brown, but it's Phil Jackson). This series will go 7.

PG Mo Williams
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Lebron James
PF Whoever the Lakers decide to play here, I don't know if Odom has the mass to play here. If Bynum is healthy, I see Gasol here, Odom at the 3 and Bynum at the 5
C See above

Coach Phil Jackson
Bench Cleveland

24champ
04-08-2009, 07:59 PM

One the Kobe fiasco happened that offseason, and Bynum was out. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Lakers get to the Finals, despite all that garbage.

24champ
04-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Well there ya go. You sure you aren't a Patriot/Yankee fan as well?

Nope. Pretty weak comeback...but that's par for the course for you.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Are you a liar? YES!

Your arguments as to why the Lakers can't win it all fail and all you have left are personal attacks.

So predictable. :oyvey:

spdirty
04-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Nope.

Couldve fooled me. Your arrogant and pompous enough about your team to be.

spdirty
04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Awesome night. Now just need to beat the Kings Monday and hope Houston loses 1 more game and of course rely on the greatest team in the history of organized sports to beat Portland Friday and the 2 seed is ours. :)

Lookin like Dallas is gonna beat Utah tonight which would have them tied for the 7,8 seed. Don't know what the tiebreaker is since the season series would be tied 2-2 but I'd sure as hell rather play Dallas in the first round than Utah or Nawlins.

RhymesayersDU
04-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Wasn't pretty but they got a crucial win.

Honestly I'd play the starters in limited minutes tomorrow night. Utilize the entire bench. I know that sounds retarded, but the Nuggies aren't going into Staples and winning, so maybe giving some guys a breather at the end of the season might be good.

broncofan2438
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Nuggs keep winning.......bring on the Fakers

spdirty
04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Wasn't pretty but they got a crucial win.

Honestly I'd play the starters in limited minutes tomorrow night. Utilize the entire bench. I know that sounds retarded, but the Nuggies aren't going into Staples and winning, so maybe giving some guys a breather at the end of the season might be good.

You mean like the Sterns did to us in February? Nah, play the starters all out, if they start getting their asses kicked then yeah, take em out. After tomorrow they don't play again till Monday so they will have 3 full days rest as it is.

RhymesayersDU
04-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah I still don't get that move by the Spurs back then.

I mean I know they have an older team, but still, that was a winnable game for them. At least tomorrow for us probably isn't winnable either way.

TheChamp24
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I find it funny every Laker fan just plain out assumes they will win the West and be in the Finals, with no real team being a major threat to winning the Championship.
The Nuggets I don't see them beating the Lakers, but heck anything can happen in the playoffs. And it is PLAYOFFS, regular season crap means nothing. Portland could go undeafeted on the road in the playoffs. I mean, nobody expected the Nuggets to take down the Sonics back in the mid 90's, and almost knock the Jazz out as well.

bombay
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
If the Nuggets and Porland both end up 54-28, does Portland own the tie breaker based on winning 2 of 3? Or do the Nuggets win based on a better division record?

spdirty
04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
If the Nuggets and Porland both end up 54-28, does Portland own the tie breaker based on winning 2 of 3? Or do the Nuggets win based on a better division record?

Dont worry about it. Nugs will beat the Kings and the Lakers will beat Portland.

bombay
04-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Dont worry about it. Nugs will beat the Kings and the Lakers will beat Portland.

Hope so.

theAPAOps5
04-08-2009, 09:16 PM

Nuggets own the tie breaker if they end up tied. Not sure the details but Scott Hastings said they hold the tie breaker the other day on the fan.

spdirty
04-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Nuggets own the tie breaker if they end up tied. Not sure the details but Scott Hastings said they hold the tie breaker the other day on the fan.

TWO-WAY TIES

1. Results of games against each other.

2. Better winning percentage within own division (only if tied teams are in same division).

3. Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.

4. Better winning percentage against playoff opponents in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).

5. Better winning percentage against playoff opponents in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).

6. Better point differential between offense and defense.

MORE THAN TWO TEAMS TIED

1. If applicable, division champions must be determined first.

2. Better winning percentage in all games among the tied teams.

3. Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if all tied teams are in same division).

4. Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.

5. Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including team that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).

6. Best point differential between offense and defense.

Note: If a multiple team tie is reduced to a two-team tie at any point using the above criteria, the two-team tie will be resolved in accordance with the existing two-team tie procedure.

Broncosfreak_56
04-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Lets hope the Nuggets don't pull a Broncos.

Kleiza has been much better the last couple games. Hope he, JR, and Birdman play the way they have been in the playoffs.

FADERPROOF
04-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Your arguments as to why the Lakers can't win it all fail and all you have left are personal attacks.

So predictable. :oyvey:

What?

That post was about you thinking that every year the Denver Broncos should win the Super Bowl...nothing about the Lakers.

I am still waiting on your post about how the matchups against Cleveland favor the Lakers though.

eddie mac
04-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Awesome night. Now just need to beat the Kings Monday and hope Houston loses 1 more game and of course rely on the greatest team in the history of organized sports to beat Portland Friday and the 2 seed is ours. :)

Lookin like Dallas is gonna beat Utah tonight which would have them tied for the 7,8 seed. Don't know what the tiebreaker is since the season series would be tied 2-2 but I'd sure as hell rather play Dallas in the first round than Utah or Nawlins.

I could be wrong but if we beat Sacramento the 2 seed is Denver's unless we lose both away games and Houston win out. Portland aren't even in it.

We have all the tiebreakers over SA and Portland.

2-1 Head to head over SA
12-3 Division record over Portland

Houston have the 3-1 head to head tiebreaker over us.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 04:41 AM
I find it funny every Laker fan just plain out assumes they will win the West and be in the Finals, with no real team being a major threat to winning the Championship.

Why would you find that funny?

After all, it's not like Lakers fans assume their team will win the West without good reason. :welcome:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 04:48 AM
What?

That post was about you thinking that every year the Denver Broncos should win the Super Bowl...nothing about the Lakers.

What's so strange about that?

When Shanny was the coach, he used to say that the goal every year was to win a world championship.

Are you saying it's not possible to have this sort of expectation while conceding that it might not happen every year?

Just because you know it won't happen every year doesn't mean you stop expecting it.

I am still waiting on your post about how the matchups against Cleveland favor the Lakers though.

Already answered this in a previous post.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 04:57 AM
I think the Cavs are superior to the Lakers at the one and three, but Lakers have much more talent at the other positions.

The Cavs have the edge at the three with LBJ, for sure, but at the one? I have to give the edge to D-Fish on account of his playoff/championship experience.

PF Whoever the Lakers decide to play here, I don't know if Odom has the mass to play here. If Bynum is healthy, I see Gasol here, Odom at the 3 and Bynum at the 5
C See above

Odom is not going to play the 3.

If Bynum starts at C and Gasol moves back to PF then Odom becomes the sixth man again - just like earlier in the season before Bynum went down.

TheChamp24
04-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Why would you find that funny?

After all, it's not like Lakers fans assume their team will win the West without good reason. :welcome:

I'm sure thats what Seattle fans thought in the 90's, what Dallas fans thought years back, but the truth is anything can happen in a playoff series.
When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me btw.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm sure thats what Seattle fans thought in the 90's, what Dallas fans thought years back, but the truth is anything can happen in a playoff series.

Don't expect it to happen, but it sure would be funny eh?

24champ
04-09-2009, 10:26 AM

If Bynum starts at C and Gasol moves back to PF then Odom becomes the sixth man again - just like earlier in the season before Bynum went down.

“Whatever’s best for the team,” Odom said. “The second unit struggled a little bit toward the end of the year, and I would definitely like to take that challenge on and get them going again.”

Odom is going to the bench, makes our bench way better.

24champ
04-09-2009, 10:30 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2w7jjc_Dw8I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2w7jjc_Dw8I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8')

ohiobronco2
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
The Cavs have the edge at the three with LBJ, for sure, but at the one? I have to give the edge to D-Fish on account of his playoff/championship experience.

I have always like Fisher as a point guard. I don't think he is the most athletic guy on the court, but he is very smart and under control at all times. I know he has more playoff experience, I just feel that Williams is too explosive of a player for him to keep him in check all game long. As far as Odom is concerned, it makes sense. Many teams put star players on the bench so they have some scoring ability with their second unit. See Ginobili for SA or Outlaw for Portland. Both would normally be starters for their teams otherwise.

broncofan2438
04-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Im lookn to get some tickets for tonight....not looking good

bombay
04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I could be wrong but if we beat Sacramento the 2 seed is Denver's unless we lose both away games and Houston win out. Portland aren't even in it.

We have all the tiebreakers over SA and Portland.

2-1 Head to head over SA
12-3 Division record over Portland

Houston have the 3-1 head to head tiebreaker over us.

How do the Nuggets have 'all the tiebreakers over Portland'? If they lose up there, Portland takes the season series 2-1.

Karenin
04-09-2009, 02:53 PM
If they lose up there, Portland takes the season series 2-1.

Nope, try again.

bombay
04-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Nope, try again.

I'm asking a question: how do the Nuggets hold the tiebreakers over Portland? I'm asking the question because I don't know the answer.

Any chance you know?

TheChamp24
04-09-2009, 03:16 PM
If some of you would actually look, the Nuggets RIGHT NOW have the season series lead 2-1.
And we lead the division record.
So there ya go, next time research it.

24champ
04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Heard on the radio that Phil Jackson won't make the trip to Portland due to a swelling of the ankle/knee or something. Kurt Rambis will fill in.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Sure - anything can happen (injuries, etc.) but that doesn't stop everybody, i.e., the fans, the pundits, et al, from making predictions.

You make it sound like Lakers fans are confident their team will win the West without good reason.

Inkana7
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Speaking of Portland, my nomination for most underrated frontcourt in the NBA goes to the duo of Joel "The Vanilla Godzilla" Przybilla and LaMarcus Aldridge. Aldridge is a stud and Przybilla is a rebound machine.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Sure - anything can happen (injuries, etc.) but that doesn't stop everybody, i.e., the fans, the pundits, et al, from making predictions.

You make it sound like Lakers fans are confident their team will win the West without good reason.

No, its the fact that you guys are completely overlooking the fact that you have to play 3 seven game series against pretty good teams before the NBA Finals. And in the playoffs, a lot of shlt can happen that could put a hitch in your getalong.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Hope we can be competitive for at least a half tonight. But on the road, 2nd game of a back to back, and emotion and energy they will have from Bynum coming back, not looking good tonight. Add to that the defense has been kind of crappy lately except for the Minnesota game, and KMart not expected to play, I'd be happy if they just came out with some good energy and keep it within single digits for 2-3 quarters.

Los Broncos
04-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Speaking of Portland, my nomination for most underrated frontcourt in the NBA goes to the duo of Joel "The Vanilla Godzilla" Przybilla and LaMarcus Aldridge. Aldridge is a stud and Przybilla is a rebound machine.

Przybilla doesn't have all the talent in the world but he is just tough as nails, I like that.

bombay
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Aldridge is one hell of a player. He was the steal of the draft in '06.

broncofan2438
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Here we go Nuggets....Here we go

Punisher
04-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Big Bynum coming back = Championship

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 06:33 PM
No, its the fact that you guys are completely overlooking the fact that you have to play 3 seven game series against pretty good teams before the NBA Finals.

No one is "overlooking" anyone - we just like our chances (a lot) and for good reason.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Big Bynum coming back = Championship

:~ohyah!:

On 570 Kurt Rambis just confirmed that Bynum will play tonight and start.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/STaMvGNsWFI/AAAAAAAAJ6E/-DJZjbDaJZo/s400/andrew+bynum.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-04/45934937.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/5txxd1.jpg

Punisher
04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
:~ohyah!:

On 570 Kurt Rambis just confirmed that Bynum will play tonight and start.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/STaMvGNsWFI/AAAAAAAAJ6E/-DJZjbDaJZo/s400/andrew+bynum.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-04/45934937.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/5txxd1.jpg

:yayaya: :yayaya:

spdirty
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
No one is "overlooking" anyone - we just like our chances (a lot) and for good reason.

riiiiiiiiiight. Uhh

Why should I be worried?

We will own them inside.

After all, it's not like Lakers fans assume their team will win the West without good reason.

Punisher
04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Why should I be worried?

Quote:

We will own them inside.

Quote:
After all, it's not like Lakers fans assume their team will win the West without good reason.

^5 The Prophecy has spoken.

And the crowd in every arena will CHANT BEAT LA BEAT LA!!
But there team will fail and worship THE ALL MIGHTY POWER HOUSE OF THE LAKERS

24champ
04-09-2009, 07:17 PM
No, its the fact that you guys are completely overlooking the fact that you have to play 3 seven game series against pretty good teams before the NBA Finals. And in the playoffs, a lot of shlt can happen that could put a hitch in your getalong.

These teams you speak of, including your Thuggets...are 10 plus games behind the Lakers. Lakers are in a class of their own in the Western Conference whether you like it or not.

DBruleU
04-09-2009, 07:23 PM
These teams you speak of, including your Thuggets...are 10 plus games behind the Lakers. Lakers are in a class of their own in the Western Conference whether you like it or not.

I'll remember this dumb quote after they lose. Playoffs are completely different.

azbroncfan
04-09-2009, 07:26 PM
LABF is the new Llama using the Lakers instead of the Mavs. Now I don't think any western conference team will beat them but he is as bad as Llama getting dramatic about them.

24champ
04-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I'll remember this dumb quote after they lose. Playoffs are completely different.

That they are...

Lakers have an edge going into the playoffs. Phil wants another ring so he can pee on Red's grave. Kobe wants to win another one badly and shake off the "can't win without Shaq" criticism, Odom and the likes are hungry for their first taste of being a champion.

They will be ready.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
LABF is the new Llama using the Lakers instead of the Mavs. Now I don't think any western conference team will beat them but he is as bad as Llama getting dramatic about them.

Crappy analogy (but that's you.)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 07:32 PM

I wonder if you'll be around to answer for the above dumb quote if the Lakers do win a championship.

I know I won't be holding my breath.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM

Talk about "overlooking" things, eh? ;)

http://www.clublakers.com/forum/images/smilies/ball1.gif

spdirty
04-09-2009, 07:40 PM

Sorry, maybe if it were college football, but this http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html doesn't determine who will play in the NBA Finals. But, you are a fan, you have every right to be stupid and arrogant about your team, believe what you want which apparently is that whoever has the best record is automatically the champs of your respective conference.

DBruleU
04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I wonder if you'll be around to answer for the above dumb quote if the Lakers do win a championship.

I know I won't be holding my breath.

Sure will...

spdirty
04-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Man it would be nice to see Sacramento pull out the stunner and beat Houston tonight.

Punisher
04-09-2009, 07:58 PM
big Bynum Is Back

spdirty
04-09-2009, 08:00 PM
big Bynum Is Back

With a big brace on that knee.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 08:03 PM
****in offensive rebounds continue to kill this team. uggh.

TheChamp24
04-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Crappy officiating, such ticky tack foul on Billups on that 3 attempt by Brown. Whatever.

24champ
04-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Crappy officiating, such ticky tack foul on Billups on that 3 attempt by Brown. Whatever.

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

ludo21
04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
lakers are the best team in the league.

Sorry Nuggets fans, only team that might beat them in the playoffs is the Cavs.

TheChamp24
04-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Look me in the eye and tell me that was a foul, this is a foul fest so far, for both teams. Its fricken horrible. Lakers with 15 free throw attempts, Nuggets with 4. Not saying it is horrible officiating and why the Lakers are winning, I just think some of this crap is BS. Heck, there were calls on the Lakers that I thought were ridiculous.
It is amazing the Nuggets are only down by 8 lol.

24champ
04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Look me in the eye and tell me that was a foul.

I'm just giving you some shiat man.

Personally I saw Billups raise his hand after the foul, as if to say it was on him and his mistake.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 08:28 PM
lakers are the best team in the league.

Sorry Nuggets fans, only team that might beat them in the playoffs is the Cavs...

...Who will probably have HCA throughout the playoffs.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Look me in the eye and tell me that was a foul, this is a foul fest so far, for both teams. Its fricken horrible. Lakers with 15 free throw attempts, Nuggets with 4. Not saying it is horrible officiating and why the Lakers are winning, I just think some of this crap is BS. Heck, there were calls on the Lakers that I thought were ridiculous.
It is amazing the Nuggets are only down by 8 lol.

dude, the officials could be giving the nugs all the calls tonight and we still won't have a chance. Just tough circumstances tonight, hope they keep it within single digits till at least halftime.

bombay
04-09-2009, 08:38 PM

Thuggets? You know, there was a time when the Lakers were a classy organization. Loved the '80's teams led by class guys like Magic, Worthy, Rambis, etc. The fans were classy as well. Seems like this new version of the lakers, led by the ass rapist, have fans that match their new persona.

TheChamp24
04-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm just giving you some shiat man.

Personally I saw Billups raise his hand after the foul, as if to say it was on him and his mistake.

I didn't see that, it just looked like he never even touched him on the replay. Oh well.
and :P

spdirty
04-09-2009, 08:48 PM
hangin in there. JR heatin up.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
hell yeah JR!!!!

24champ
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Thuggets? You know, there was a time when the Lakers were a classy organization. Loved the '80's teams led by class guys like Magic, Worthy, Rambis, etc. The fans were classy as well. Seems like this new version of the lakers, led by the ass rapist, have fans that match their new persona.

You want me to run down the rap sheet the Thuggets have?

Far as I know there was no case to be had against Kobe, otherwise it's just speculation.

bombay
04-09-2009, 08:58 PM
JR is awesome. The most physically gifted guy anytime he's on the court.

spdirty
04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Well sure as hell didnt expect em to be tied at the half.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-09-2009, 09:05 PM

You knew the whining about the officiating was coming. :D