PDA

View Full Version : What Going to Hurt More?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Losing Bates?
Losing Dennison?
Losing Turner?

Archer81
01-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I swear there is a thread about this already...nothing can hurt worse then going into a must win game in week 17 and giving up 52 points. Everything since that point has been a salve...

:Broncos:

Ambiguous
01-13-2009, 03:44 PM
nothing can hurt worse then going into a must win game in week 17 and giving up 52 points. Everything since that point has been a salve...

Try being there :(

The Joker
01-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Dennison, IMO.

Did an amazing job with the line last year, and with us likely operating out of the spread next year it'd be great to have continuity there.

Turner a close second, but I think we'll just actually draft a high round back rather than have Turner make average backs look good.

Bates is basically a poor man's McDaniels at this point, though you never can tell what the future will bring.

titan
01-13-2009, 03:49 PM
They aren't gone yet. McDaniels on KOA Radio just now said he talked to Dennison and Turner today at Dove Valley. McDaniels must be at least considering to keep them around (assuming Dennison and Turner want to stay).

broncos-rock
01-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Did I miss something?? I believe nothing has been confirmed one way or the other!!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Did I miss something?? I believe nothing has been confirmed one way or the other!!

I'm just reading the writing on the wall. Personally I can't bare to see any of them go but you are looking at losing the A.) 2nd ranked offense in the league. B.) Z-blocking scheme. C.) turning 7th running backing into 1000 yard stars.

What do you want to lose?

colonelbeef
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Dennison. The OL allows average RB's to look good.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Dennison didn't invent the zone block and the rumored OC runs the zobe block.

Quite with the 2nd ranked offense. Where it mattered they were ranked 16th.

Turner well yeah that hurts.

Shanny got fired the team moved on. so should you.

Broncoman13
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Dennison IMO will hurt the most. Turner has done a great job with the RBs but there have been times that it would have been hard not to get 5 yards per carry with our line's blocking. I look at Dennison as an extension of Alex Gibbs. Turner took average talent and put them into a system that would get just about anyone good yardage. They are a good team and I imagine they will stick together. When people speak of continuity, this is exactly why. Turner can easily identify a back that will be good for our system b/c he has been around it for several years. He knows exactly what he's looking for and what attributes a player must have to excel. I really hope that McDaniels can talk them into staying, but I doubt that would happen.

KipCorrington25
01-13-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't get the fawning over Dennison. When he was special teams coach our special teams were still crap, then he took over the O-line when Gibbs left everyone thought the O-line got worse... so I'm not losing sleep over the possibility he leaves.

BroncoMan4ever
01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
i am not going to cry if any of them are gone. this is a new regime in Denver. get over it and move on. and i was a Shanahan loyalist, but he is gone and it is now out with old in with the new.

BroncoMan4ever
01-13-2009, 07:12 PM

who is the rumored new OC? i haven't seen anything about that yet. all i have read sre the Nolan and Capers stuff for the defense, but i hadn't seen anything about offensive assistants.

Turner is the only one i would be slightly upset about losing, but i tend to think our new staff will pick a RB earlier as opposed to getting late round turds and hoping Turner can turn them into diamonds, so he would not necessarily be needed to fix our RB's anymore.

Hogan11
01-13-2009, 07:16 PM
who is the rumored new OC? i haven't seen anything about that yet. all i have read sre the Nolan and Capers stuff for the defense, but i hadn't seen anything about offensive assistants.

McDaniels is going to be calling all the plays, don't be surprised if the OC spot just gets absorbed by him.

Anaximines
01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Dennison, IMO.

Did an amazing job with the line last year, and with us likely operating out of the spread next year it'd be great to have continuity there.

Turner a close second, but I think we'll just actually draft a high round back rather than have Turner make average backs look good.

Bates is basically a poor man's McDaniels at this point, though you never can tell what the future will bring.

QFT

theAPAOps5
01-13-2009, 08:02 PM

Turner is the only one i would be slightly upset about losing, but i tend to think our new staff will pick a RB earlier as opposed to getting late round turds and hoping Turner can turn them into diamonds, so he would not necessarily be needed to fix our RB's anymore.

It was in a Denver Post article listed here. Some guy from the Panthers that runs a ZBS.

Cito Pelon
01-13-2009, 08:32 PM
They aren't gone yet. McDaniels on KOA Radio just now said he talked to Dennison and Turner today at Dove Valley. McDaniels must be at least considering to keep them around (assuming Dennison and Turner want to stay).

Josh has some talking to do to get them to stay. A smooth-talking leader convinces them to stay.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
In addition to the fine work he's done, losing Dennison would hurt because he has never spent time with another NFL organization. He's a Bronco for life.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
The reason I ask is because under all the great offensive rankings Josh McDaniels has had can you name a 1000 yard running back?

~Crash~
01-13-2009, 09:38 PM
grow some balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how about losing Mike Shanahan who cares about the ****ing flunkies

~Crash~
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM

make up your mind you just said
:wiggle:

AbileneBroncoFan
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
The offense is loaded with young talent at every position except RB. Turner won't be around to make guys like Ron Dayne look respectable. This is not good.

McDaniels will be better than Bates.

Dennison is great, but Having Clady, Wiegmann, and Harris will help whoever comes in tremendously.

BroncoDoug
01-13-2009, 11:23 PM

Well if Turner can turn a "late round turd" into a "diamond" then can you imagine what he can do with a bonifide first round back?

Crushaholic
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
The reason I ask is because under all the great offensive rankings Josh McDaniels has had can you name a 1000 yard running back?

Tom Brady makes a running game less relevant...

Archer81
01-14-2009, 08:29 AM
2008 Patriots Offense threw the ball 534 times. Ran it 513 times. Thats pretty nice balance.

Hotrod
01-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Turner by a long ways without a doubt.

DarkHorse30
01-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I don't get the fawning over Dennison. When he was special teams coach our special teams were still crap, then he took over the O-line when Gibbs left everyone thought the O-line got worse... so I'm not losing sleep over the possibility he leaves.

agreed. Dennison was a hang-arounder that eventually got promoted.

jutang
01-14-2009, 09:20 AM
McDaniels should not have to convince Dennison, Turner, Bates to stay. It should be the other way around. If McDaniels, has to do any convincing, then no matter how good those assistance are they won't mesh with the new culture that the Broncos are trying to create.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Well if Turner can turn a "late round turd" into a "diamond" then can you imagine what he can do with a bonifide first round back?

are you kidding me. how many 1st round picks do we have, how much money would we spend on a 1st round pick. if there is a sure thing that you could get later why would you pick 1 early when we clearly have bigger needs elsewhere.

let me ask you something. in the 14 years under reeves and phillips how many rb's ran for 1000 yards?

anybody who thinks its easy to find a 1000 yard back is fooling themselves.

look i think the world of cutler, but he can't do it himself, just ask elway couln't do it himself. he needs a team around him. that means atleast a good rb, a defense that isn't ranked last in scoring.

chex
01-14-2009, 09:54 AM
I don’t get all the handwringing. It’s not like we were setting records offensively with this staff. So let them go. They weren’t the best. We aren’t the only team to have 1,000 yard backs. The Pats were 5<SUP>th</SUP> in total offense and 6<SUP>th</SUP> in rushing this year, with a collection of never was’s, and Matt Cassel at QB. I’m pretty sure McDaniel will figure out a way to get better production out of our players as well, with coaches he feels comfortable with.

footstepsfrom#27
01-14-2009, 10:07 AM
None of them have left yet but even if they do so what? Talent and coaching win games not systems. We know we have the talent on offense and we know the new coach knows how to coach talent, so who cares if the system changes. People get all freaked over this possible switch from the zbs but in reality it's been slowing down for a few years now. More teams are running it which means there are more teams searching for players to fit that system. It used to be easy to grab the cream of the crop for that system in the 5th round since Denver and Atlanta were the only teams operating with this, but now there are at least 7 or 8 teams using it. The advantage of scarcity of exposure to other teams is also being lost...so the primary things that offer an advantage have basically dissapeared. I'm looking forward to seeing a true franchise runner on this team and not just another spare part plug in who goes for lots of yards but can't get it done on the goal line. Mix in Hillis as an Alstott type 12 carry/5 catch FB and you have an amazing backfield operating behind a superb line. Let's quit worrying over this coaching move.

Majik
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Some times you have to take a step back to take two steps forward.

In Mcdaniels I trust.

BroncoMan4ever
01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
McDaniels is going to be calling all the plays, don't be surprised if the OC spot just gets absorbed by him.

ok, i knew he was calling the plays, i assumed because of an earlier post that there was a rumor floating around about who McDaniels would be looking at to be an OC even if in title alone.

LongDongJohnson
01-15-2009, 07:38 PM
its good to know that turner is staying. he's a great rb coach