PDA

View Full Version : bates may soon be a raider...

tsiguy96
01-13-2009, 03:07 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/13/broncos-give-bates-ok-talk-raiders/?partner=RSS

if he gets canned in denver, i see no reason he wont get hired in oakland.

no-pseudo-fan
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
This is not going well. McD's better be the Bee's Knees.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
McD is way better than Bates. If he walks he walks.

jhat01
01-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Have fun with that!

clint7
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Enjoy that circus!

Kaylore
Hope Jamarcus and Lelie get ready for some bubble screens.

no-pseudo-fan
McD is way better than Bates. If he walks he walks.

Not a matter of better, just that he knows things about our offensive players.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2009, 03:12 PM
HA the thought of Jamrcus throwing a bubble screen crack me up.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Not a matter of better, just that he knows things about our offensive players.

In McDaniel's system he doesn't.

socalorado
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Jeez, someone get Bates a stiff drink and Kiffens cell#

Hercules Rockefeller
01-13-2009, 03:19 PM

Whose system do you think Bates was copying this year?

theAPAOps5
01-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Whose system do you think Bates was copying this year?

So because he copied it he has more knowledge than they guy who ran it and knew each detail?

I like Bates but I like what McD has done with QB's better.

eddie mac
01-13-2009, 03:21 PM
This is a terrible move IMO. McDaniels should've been doing his utmost to keep Bates.

clint7
01-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Ha! LOL

jhat01
This is a terrible move IMO. McDaniels should've been doing his utmost to keep Bates.

Bah. I wasn't that impressed last year

BigPlayShay
I guess Greasy Al liked seeing us throw non stop deep balls against the Raiders in Denver. Must have made him drool (more than usual).

bronco militia
01-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I could careless about Bates....Shanny ran this offense and Bates was Jays Buffer.

Coach McDonk will hire a new buffer for Jay

bowtown
01-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm surprised after the playcalling in our last game against the Raiders that they would want anything to do with him. Of course Al does love a long ball and that's pretty much all we threw that entire game... never mind that we didn't connect on any of them.

eddie mac
01-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Bah. I wasn't that impressed last year

Poor execution and mistakes, **** all to do with the playcalling or didn't you notice small facts like Marshall dropped the most passes in the league last year???

The plays were left on the field time and time again.

watermock
01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Raiders owner Al Davis, who has been hospitalized in recent weeks, has been interviewing head-coaching candidates. The Raiders sought, in writing, and were granted permission to speak with Bates about a role on a new coaching staff, possibly even head coach.

Bates, 32, just finished his first season as the Broncos' primary play-caller. Quarterback Jay Cutler set a franchise single-season record for yards passing and earned his first Pro Bowl trip.

yup, the rout is on....

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 03:26 PM
How freaking depressing must it be to get interviewed for a job by Al Davis in a hospital room.

broncofan7
01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Spags in KC, Bates in OAK--the Irony.

SouthStndJunkie
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Cutler will get over it.

tsiguy96
01-13-2009, 03:31 PM
everyone should have been impressed last year. bates called a lot of very good games, especially for being so young. we scored a ton of points and got even more yards, which is damn good considering the RB situation.

hes gonna be a good OC, and maybe even a head coach someday.

no-pseudo-fan
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM

He doesn't know the system but he knows the players.

bronco militia
01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
we scored a ton of points

not really

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&archive=false&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_SCORED&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1

theAPAOps5
01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
everyone should have been impressed last year. bates called a lot of very good games, especially for being so young. we scored a ton of points and got even more yards, which is damn good considering the RB situation.

hes gonna be a good OC, and maybe even a head coach someday.

I agree but I also think its classy for the team to let him interview for what may be a promotion. McD has his plan and it might have Bates in a lesser position.

oubronco
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Yes and he might be interviewing for the Head coach gig

Rohirrim
01-13-2009, 03:42 PM
So, the Crypt Keeper fires Shanahan and then hires his protege. Brilliant!

BigPlayShay
01-13-2009, 03:49 PM
All this says is that the Raiders asked for permission and were granted, doesn't mean Jeremy would consider it. I am guessing if he has any sense or talks to Shanny about it he will politely decline the offer.

Popps
01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/13/broncos-give-bates-ok-talk-raiders/?partner=RSS

if he gets canned in denver, i see no reason he wont get hired in oakland.

Could have told you that was coming. No-brainer.

The only chance of that NOT happening is if Bates is smart enough to say no.

DBBBSBS
01-13-2009, 03:54 PM
He doesn't know the system but he knows the players.

are you for real ? do you play the system or do you play the guy ? If that is the case half of them or more than that know guys, what hasn't the scoring gone down ? get real dude

frerottenextelway
01-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Not suprising. New coaches bring in their own assistants to fit their scheme and to avoid power struggles. The old assistants have to end up somewhere.

When you fire a HC you don't usually keep the ''good'' parts and get rid of the ''bad'' parts, you get rid of the whole kit-n-kaboodle.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Whatever, im certainly not crying over spilled bates. Its McDaniels system, he wants to run it, this is our new reality and im completely fine with it.

crowebomber
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Why would he take that job? Wouldn't there be more attractive offers, like Detroit or some high school team? Oakland is where coaching careers go to die.

NUB
01-13-2009, 04:10 PM
With McDaniels, Bates is more or less redundant at this point.

BroncoMan4ever
01-13-2009, 04:12 PM
So because he copied it he has more knowledge than they guy who ran it and knew each detail?

I like Bates but I like what McD has done with QB's better.

i agree. Bates was decent and has a good relationship with Jay, but McDaniels turned a pro bowl QB into a record setter.

I am sure that Jay knew McDaniels might end up letting Bates go, because Bowlen said he was going to keep Jay in the loop on the pick of the new HC.
That leads me to believe that Jay is fine with it, and understands that McDaniels could take him higher than Bates ever could. Bates helped mold Jay into a pro bowl QB, now McDaniels is going to finish the job and make Jay the best QB in the game.

If Bates is gone, i am not going to be upset and i will actually be happy those gay little bubble screens every other play are gone.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
i agree. Bates was decent and has a good relationship with Jay, but McDaniels turned a pro bowl QB into a record setter.

I am sure that Jay knew McDaniels might end up letting Bates go, because Bowlen said he was going to keep Jay in the loop on the pick of the new HC.
That leads me to believe that Jay is fine with it, and understands that McDaniels could take him higher than Bates ever could. Bates helped mold Jay into a pro bowl QB, now McDaniels is going to finish the job and make Jay the best QB in the game.

If Bates is gone, i am not going to be upset and i will actually be happy those gay little bubble screens every other play are gone.

Yes, using that screen in lieu of running plays was infuriating. Almost as fun as the half ass pitch to Marshall which i think gained a total of -23 yards this year

uplink
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2226982#post2226982

I thought he'd be on Al's radar

peacepipe
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM

KipCorrington25
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Bates red zone play calling was terrible... Incompletion on first down, run up the middle and get stuffed on second down, panic on third down...

TheReverend
01-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I nominate for quarterbacks coach:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/tomcannon_2006/keeley_hazell_britain.jpg

That will keep Jay happy.

cabronco
01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Why would he take that job? Wouldn't there be more attractive offers, like Detroit or some high school team? Oakland is where coaching careers go to die.

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe the guy's not that bright after all.

Man-Goblin
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
I nominate for quarterbacks coach:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/tomcannon_2006/keeley_hazell_britain.jpg

That will keep Jay happy.

I'll hire her. Please PM me resume.

jayman_37
01-13-2009, 09:28 PM
If anyone actually wants to use facts, then McDaniels runs the same bubble screens as Denver. Maybe not quite as much but they run it several times a game.

cutthemdown
01-13-2009, 09:32 PM
If anyone actually wants to use facts, then McDaniels runs the same bubble screens as Denver. Maybe not quite as much but they run it several times a game.

I saw those same screens ran by a lot of teams this yr. Because defenses load up the box to stop run teams use those quick screens as a substitute for the running game. It gets the ball into your playmakers hands and that's a good thing.

cutthemdown
01-13-2009, 09:34 PM
NE was a lot better then Denver at getting RB's involved in the passing game. I don't even need to check the stats to prove it to myself I know I'm right just because I have watched the games.

jayman_37
01-13-2009, 09:52 PM
I saw those same screens ran by a lot of teams this yr. Because defenses load up the box to stop run teams use those quick screens as a substitute for the running game. It gets the ball into your playmakers hands and that's a good thing.

I agree, but I just hate how everyone talks like Denver is the only team to run it, and it is a horrible thing.

skpac1001
01-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Bates did a pretty good job copying the Patriots offense, but we have the original now so I think we will be fine. Jay is better off without a buddy at QB coach anyways.

Orange_Beard
01-13-2009, 09:55 PM
HA the thought of Jamrcus throwing a bubble screen crack me up.

I am still pissed, every time I hear "Bubble Screen" I want to slam my head into the wall.

Really, how many bubble screens did you see last weekend?

broncosteven
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM

Don't laugh, I thought MickeyD ran the BS a lot in NE?

Am I wrong?

ScottXray
01-13-2009, 11:29 PM
So, the Crypt Keeper fires Shanahan and then hires his protege. Brilliant!
If Davis wants shannys protege he'll hire Dennison.
Bates going away doens't scare me as much as Dennison coaching up Oakland line. They could do damage with a good line and the backs they have.

It would be strange if Dennison Bates aand Turner ended up there.

Of course the cryptkeeper will still want to go vertical all day. so it would
not change much.

Cito Pelon
01-13-2009, 11:53 PM
All this says is that the Raiders asked for permission and were granted, doesn't mean Jeremy would consider it. I am guessing if he has any sense or talks to Shanny about it he will politely decline the offer.

Yup. Bates would be wise to be patient and not jump at a Raider opportunity. He'll have other offers. Al can be persuasive, though, in a Dracula sort of way.

Cito Pelon
01-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I am still pissed, every time I hear "Bubble Screen" I want to slam my head into the wall.

Really, how many bubble screens did you see last weekend?

Good point.

Don Flamenco
01-14-2009, 08:19 AM
I'll hire her. Please PM me resume.

Yes, I would too. But not before I bring her in for a sit down interview... on my face.

Rohirrim
01-14-2009, 08:56 AM
If Davis wants shannys protege he'll hire Dennison.
Bates going away doens't scare me as much as Dennison coaching up Oakland line. They could do damage with a good line and the backs they have.

It would be strange if Dennison Bates aand Turner ended up there.

Of course the cryptkeeper will still want to go vertical all day. so it would
not change much.

It still pisses me off that the Broncos didn't pick up Michael Bush. I don't know how many people watched the Faders last game against TBay, but Bush slapped 177 yards on their asses. The dude is a tank. I'm afraid the Faders next year are not going to be the same team we played last season. I hope Nolan knows how to get a run D up and running quick.

montrose
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Davis could try to P.O. the Broncos and hire Bates as his HC. I wouldn't put it past him.