PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Free Agents from New England who could be looked at

montrose
01-13-2009, 03:26 AM
After absorbing the content from McDaniels press conference, and watching the additional footage on 9news.com, it's very obvious that McDaniels is excited about installing his offense here in Denver. When this happens, coaches tend to bring in guys who know that system - even to simply help along other players learning the philosophy and terminology. Here is a list of offensive players from the Patriots who are free agents and very possible candidates to be brought into Denver:

FB Heath Evans
WR Jabar Gaffney
RB LaMont Jordan
OT Barry Stokes
OT Wesley Britt (RFA)
OG Russ Hochstein
C Lonnie Paxton

As a sidenote, the only current Bronco to have played in McDaniels system (to my knowledge) is WR Chad Jackson.

24champ
01-13-2009, 03:33 AM
What about Defensive Free Agents? McDaniels would be more likely to raid that list.

Dempsey Dog
01-13-2009, 05:45 AM
As a sidenote, the only current Bronco to have played in McDaniels system (to my knowledge) is WR Chad Jackson.

Daniel Graham? McD was not the OC, but he was an assistant in the NE system

HorseHead
01-13-2009, 06:56 AM
pass on all of the above....

Beantown Bronco
01-13-2009, 07:03 AM
I would consider Gaffney if they don't re-sign Chad Jackson; Paxton if Wiegmann retires.

colonelbeef
01-13-2009, 07:09 AM
pass on all of the above....

yep. we need zero of those also-rans.

Broncoman13
01-13-2009, 07:59 AM
After absorbing the content from McDaniels press conference, and watching the additional footage on 9news.com, it's very obvious that McDaniels is excited about installing his offense here in Denver. When this happens, coaches tend to bring in guys who know that system - even to simply help along other players learning the philosophy and terminology. Here is a list of offensive players from the Patriots who are free agents and very possible candidates to be brought into Denver:

FB Heath Evans
WR Jabar Gaffney
RB LaMont Jordan
OT Barry Stokes
OT Wesley Britt (RFA)
OG Russ Hochstein
C Lonnie Paxton

I think he'll bring in Jabar Gaffney... Chad Jackson is history, lol

cmhargrove
01-13-2009, 08:04 AM

FB Heath Evans
WR Jabar Gaffney
RB LaMont Jordan
OT Barry Stokes
OT Wesley Britt (RFA)
OG Russ Hochstein
C Lonnie Paxton

And they cut Jackson.

Jackson may or may not have any potential, we'll see. But it would be nice to see us get a real third receiver to start replacing Stokely. We all know Marshall and Royal should be on the field at all times, but will McDaniels put Royal into Welker's slot role, or does he keep him outside?

Traditionally, you would look at Royal as a devastating slot receiver, and get a bigger guy on the outside (like Jackson). We'll see what McDaniels thinks.

Hopefully D-Jax is done, i'm tired of watching his tiredness.