PDA

View Full Version : This is what Uncle Spider does for a living

Spider
01-12-2009, 09:58 PM
This is what it looks like when I start to load equipment , this is what we call a RGN ( removable goose neck) ........

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
This is what it looks like finished . the goose neck attached

tsiguy96
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
"uncle spider"

thats a creepy pedophile name.

BroncoBuff
01-12-2009, 10:03 PM
That's you?

Kindly forward me your detailed itinerary for the next several months, Unkie Spider. I wanna plan to avoid you at all costs ;D

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
"uncle spider"

thats a creepy pedophile name.

Normally I would tell you where to get the **** off , and what to do if you didnt like it .......... but you are just another mother ****er on the net .........

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
That's you?

Kindly forward me your detailed itinerary for the next several months, Unkie Spider. I wanna plan to avoid you at all costs ;D

:wiggle: LOL yeah , thats me ..... right now I am sitting at a truckstop in Hines Oregon ;D
Oregon routed me down Hwy 140 east to Kalamath Falls , 97 north to Bend , 20 east to Ontario , not a bad route at all ;D

tsiguy96
01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Normally I would tell you where to get the **** off , and what to do if you didnt like it .......... but you are just another mother ****er on the net .........

belie dat :afro:

yerner
01-12-2009, 10:10 PM
is that all you haul, that type of equipment?

BroncoBuff
01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Spider ... do you ever pull up to a port and load up one of these COSCO crates?http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/BIN2420.jpg

(FYI: COSCO = Chinese Overseas Shipping COmpany)

From my desk at home I literally look out on the Port of Seattle all day long and watch them unload those things from COSCO and Hanjin freighters. So next time you're here to assist in the Chinese-ification of America, by all means let me know. I'll buy you a Diet Pepsi ;D

Spider
LOL I about drove that loader off the side of the deck , it is much harder to back a loader on to a trailer then it looks ........

Popps
So, that's not your rig, Spider? I thought you had your own?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2009, 10:12 PM
I still don't know how you drive and type at the same time!

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Spider ... do you ever pull up to a port and load up one of these COSCO crates?http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/BIN2420.jpg

From my desk at home I literally look out on the Port of Seattle all day long and watch them unload those things from COSCO and Hanjin freighters. So next time you're here to assist in the Chinese-ification of America, by all means let me know. I'll buy you a Diet Pepsi ;D

Naw bro , i did containers for about 3 weeks in Savanah GA .... Screw that my man , all of it going to Wal Mart ...... I felt like a sell out ......

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
So, that's not your rig, Spider? I thought you had your own?

;D I did , the triplets medical bills took care of that dream .... I thought for sure I would have another rig by now , but 2 of my boys need braces ;D
i wish I owned this truck and trailer though , pretty bad ass set up

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I still don't know how you drive and type at the same time!

;D multi tasking ........ hauling a 12 foot wide load down the road and telling Tsiguy to **** off ;D got to love the 21 century

Play2win
01-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Where from the largest man-made island in the States, if not the world?

Play2win
01-12-2009, 10:23 PM
So, is it worse to buy our stuff at SAM'S CLUB or COSCO... ???

Popps
01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
;D I did , the triplets medical bills took care of that dream .... I thought for sure I would have another rig by now , but 2 of my boys need braces ;D
i wish I owned this truck and trailer though , pretty bad ass set up

So, you get hired as an independent contractor, then? That's not always so bad. I own a studio but did more work free-lance, and wound up taking full-time producing work.... but still take lots of private clients on the side. Lots of hours, but hey.. they pay for my kid's braces! But, that's only recently. I've worked free-lance almost my whole life. I just recently had my first paid holiday. Very strange feeling.

I imagine trucking business is down with the general economy a bit... no?

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
is that all you haul, that type of equipment?

Pavers , bulldozers etc ........ Yes sir . it took me 6 hours to break down load that loader , secure it , then hook back up .........Bulldozer , excavators , take about 5 hours

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
So, you get hired as an independent contractor, then? That's not always so bad. I own a studio but did more work free-lance, and wound up taking full-time producing work.... but still take lots of private clients on the side. Lots of hours, but hey.. they pay for my kid's braces! But, that's only recently. I've worked free-lance almost my whole life. I just recently had my first paid holiday. Very strange.

I imagine trucking business is down with the general economy a bit... no?
Free lance is the only way to work bro , rough now but it will be better once you got it all down pat
Yeah I still do a 1099 ....... Trucking is running like wild fire right now I already have a load booked out of Great Falls Mt going to Jackson Mississippi ..... spend a few days at the house , then get to motoring on ;D

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:32 PM

COSCO is good , I have yet to meet an unhappy employee .... their Drivers wont quit

Popps
01-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Free lance is the only way to work bro , rough now but it will be better once you got it all down pat
Yeah I still do a 1099 ....... Trucking is running like wild fire right now I already have a load booked out of Great Falls Mt going to Jackson Mississippi ..... spend a few days at the house , then get to motoring on ;D

Yea... I wouldn't have taken staff work, but the made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Being able to keep private clients on the side made it a no-brainer.
That said, nothing is forever in my business. Things evolve regularly.

Glad to hear there are a lot of gigs out there for you right now. I love traveling (driving) ... but I don't know how you do it.

BroncoBuff
01-12-2009, 10:35 PM
COSCO is good , I have yet to meet an unhappy employee .... their Drivers wont quit
Well, COSCO is Chinese Shipping ....CosTco is the Seattle-based good citizen of retail, whose $10 minimum wage for all employees (including the seniors who pass out food samples), is higher than the $8.67 AVERAGE salary of all Wal-Mart store employees.

Which one do you mean?

BroncoBuff
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
See previous post .... Sam's Club is a Wal-Mart box store.

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Yea... I wouldn't have taken staff work, but the made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Being able to keep private clients on the side made it a no-brainer.

Glad to hear there are a lot of gigs out there for you right now. I love traveling (driving) ... but I don't know how you do it.

;D driving a truck is alot different then a car ...Shifting 13 times kinda keeps you busy

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, COSCO is Chinese Shipping ....CosTco is the Seattle-based good citizen of retail, whose $10 minimum wage for all employees (including the seniors who pass out food samples), is higher than the $8.67 AVERAGE salary of all Wal-Mart store employees.

Which one do you mean?

My bad ........Costco , that store does it right ........

Popps
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
;D driving a truck is alot different then a car ...Shifting 13 times kinda keeps you busy

Get an automatic.

:wiggle:

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Get an automatic.

:wiggle:

LOL no thank you ......going down a hill is a tricky task as it is , I dont want a transmission that could or might slip ........

Popps
01-12-2009, 10:43 PM
LOL no thank you ......going down a hill is a tricky task as it is , I dont want a transmission that could or might slip ........

Yea, I'm reminded of how easy my job is every time I see one of those runaway truck lanes out here. Good lord!

Play2win
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Which one do you mean?

I used to live in Seattle, you would have thought I would have caught that "T"... Yeah, I alway thought good of COSTCO... Now how can I get a freaking membership card?!? ;D

Los Broncos
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Thats a pretty cool job, but I couldn't hack that life style, long hauling and such.

BroncoBuff
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I used to live in Seattle, you would have thought I would have caught that "T"... Yeah, I alway thought good of COSTCO... Now how can I get a freaking membership card?!? ;D

OBF1
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Uncle Spider = Uncle No No :)

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Yea, I'm reminded of how easy my job is every time I see one of those runaway truck lanes out here. Good lord!

;D 22 years , I have never used one ........ came damn close a few times though ........Came down Monarch Pass completely sideways , out the front windshield I could see the west bound side , out my mirrors , reflector posting getting mowed down .......some reason someone in a car decided that the road was too icy , and that stopping on the down hill side of a mountain was a good Idea ............I dont know how I missed hitting them , but I did .....what a ride

Play2win
01-12-2009, 10:49 PM

When I lived up there, It seemed real hard to get a CARD. It seemed you had to jump through a few hoops and such... Down here in Florida, there's probably, like, 3 in the whole state... Thats alright, I'll be moving back out to the pacific NW sometime soon...

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Thats a pretty cool job, but I couldn't hack that life style, long hauling and such.
;D you never know until you try it .i wanted to be a piano player in a whorehouse , but trucking is good ;D

Los Broncos
01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
;D you never know until you try it .i wanted to be a piano player in a whorehouse , but trucking is good ;D

I'm a good driver but I hate driving, might not work.

With all those kids you have you could of been a whore yourself playing piano. :~ohyah!:

Spider
01-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm a good driver but I hate driving, might not work.

With all those kids you have you could of been a whore yourself playing piano. :~ohyah!:

LOL , if I could only carry a tune

ghwk
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM

Maybe you should ask for an automatic....ROFL! ROFL!

watermock
01-13-2009, 05:15 AM
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/BIN2420.jpg

I've heard the ports are piling up with nowhere to go...

PaintballCLE
01-13-2009, 07:44 AM
so why are all those "flatbed" trailers higher in the middle than they are on the ends...........looks like **** would roll off?

Spider
01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
so why are all those "flatbed" trailers higher in the middle than they are on the ends...........looks like **** would roll off?

the arch ...... Flatbeds are light , very light , so people put more weight on them then any other trailer , so the arch gives it more flexibility.......... And no stuff doesnt roll off , that what duct tape is for :wiggle:

snowspot66
01-13-2009, 07:58 PM

What kind of work do you do Popps? Advertising?

Tombstone RJ
01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
the arch ...... Flatbeds are light , very light , so people put more weight on them then any other trailer , so the arch gives it more flexibility.......... And no stuff doesnt roll off , that what duct tape is for :wiggle:

plus, when you load up a flatbed... IT FLATTENS OUT:thanku:

broncogary
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
The title of this thread sort of makes me wonder, "What does Uncle Spider do for fun?" ;D

Spider
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
The title of this thread sort of makes me wonder, "What does Uncle Spider do for fun?" ;D
;D that is fun

Spider
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
plus, when you load up a flatbed... IT FLATTENS OUT:thanku:

Some times ........

broncogary
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
;D that is fun

Bah!

Or should I say, "baa." :rofl:

Tombstone RJ
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Some times ........

You must have a small load...

I kid, I kid...:wiggle:

Spider
01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
You must have a small load...

I kid, I kid...:wiggle:

LOL ......

GreatBronco16
01-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Spider, do you ever haul military vehicles? If you do, and you ever happen to come to Anniston Army Depot to pick up a Stryker from the Stryker Reset program, let me know and I'll be sure to say hey.:thumbs:

If you don't, then nevermind.

Spider
01-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Spider, do you ever haul military vehicles? If you do, and you ever happen to come to Anniston Army Depot to pick up a Stryker from the Stryker Reset program, let me know and I'll be sure to say hey.:thumbs:

If you don't, then nevermind.

yes i do , but I never been to Anniston , where in the hell is it ? ;D

Bronco Bob
01-13-2009, 09:05 PM

I thought they sent those things by train. Every day I see huge trains
carrying just these containers going through town,