PDA

View Full Version : The Darkside comes to Dove Valley

lostknight
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Anyone else just get a chill down the spine of their neck? For the last ten years, it was a horse race between Mike Shanahan and Darth Belichick. Now Shanahan is gone, and the dark one's apprentence is running the show. He even looks like the main character from the new force game.

Dukes
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Sweet thread.

montrose
01-12-2009, 04:20 PM
He has a very New England feel to him, it's creepy.

Rohirrim
01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
He has a very New England feel to him, it's creepy.

Not true. He's already said more than the Sweater Lord has said in ten years.

BroncoBen
01-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Well coach McD got one thing right... its all about winning in Denver.

Chris
01-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Coach Mcdaniels takes over the galaxy

http://www.dasgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/the-force-unleashed.jpg

tsiguy96
01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
hes got a much better personality then bill, thats for sure. bill is an amazing coach, but a dickhead on every level.

Chris
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Don't be so sure Mcdaniels isn't a dickhead..

PRBronco
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I hope he dresses better. I bet if Reebok made garbage bags belichek would just cut some holes in it and wear that.

Bronco LB 59
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, this stings. Given time, Shanahan would have equaled Belichick with #3 now that he had a QB to match.

I have hated New England since 1996. The Patriots players talked **** about Denver in 1997 before their week five MNF showdown and I still haven't forgotten. This is Denver's biggest rivalry outside of the division.

It's sickening that Denver had to join hands with Satan. You guys don't understand, Bob Kraft is one of the worst human beings in the entire world.

It's unfortunate Bowlen rolled over and allowed to New England to win the war between good and evil. New England has infiltrated Dove Valley.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Darkside is hot...

:Broncos:

JCMElway
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you think McDaniels will rock the hoodie?

Archer81
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Probably not. But I also said a month ago Shanahan wasnt going anywhere...

Br0nc0Buster
01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Darkside is hot...

are you a guy....?

Archer81
01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
are you a guy....?

Yup. Interested? Hilarious!

Br0nc0Buster
01-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Yup. Interested? Hilarious!

lol sorry about that.
Thanks, but no thanks :thumbs:

Archer81
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
lol sorry about that.
Thanks, but no thanks :thumbs:

No worries.

elsid13
01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
No worries.

The omane love connection isn't what it used to be. Should have told him you had a snuggy

Archer81
01-12-2009, 06:18 PM
The omane love connection isn't what it used to be. Should have told him you had a snuggy

Footie pajamas. Real man, remember?

elsid13
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Footie pajamas. Real man, remember?

Sorry dude, the heterosexual male in me always seem to get in the way fashion wise. Guess I need the Queer Eye for Straight Guy support. ;D

Archer81
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry dude, the heterosexual male in me always seem to get in the way fashion wise. Guess I need the Queer Eye for Straight Guy support. ;D

I hate that show. Wear what the **** you want to wear, if your woman doesnt like you because you are not wearing a popped collar with an argyle sweater, then its not a woman you wanna know.

elsid13
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
I hate that show. Wear what the **** you want to wear, if your woman doesnt like you because you are not wearing a popped collar with an argyle sweater, then its not a woman you wanna know.

I did to. I'm single guy I do know how to dress myself, and my women have never had a problem with my style.

Now Hotrod, he needs all the help he can get. I am pretty sure that we should have fund raising event to get someone to dress him.

STBumpkin
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Is anyone else already really really annoyed by the kissing sound McDaniels makes during his presser? I like the move, but that's gonna get old real quick.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I did to. I'm single guy I do know how to dress myself, and my women have never had a problem with my style.

They want me for my body, not my jeans. Gawd. :thumbsup:

elsid13
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
They want me for my body, not my jeans. Gawd. :thumbsup:

Actually I think some of them just wanted me for my money. Whores.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Is anyone else already really really annoyed by the kissing sound McDaniels makes during his presser? I like the move, but that's gonna get old real quick.

No. I think thats a nervous tick. He wins 3 superbowls in 4 years here he can slap the denver press corps in the face with his dick for all I care.

BlueCrusher
01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8778 Our young sith...that last paragraph makes me die a little inside...

STBumpkin
01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
No. I think thats a nervous tick. He wins 3 superbowls in 4 years here he can slap the denver press corps in the face with his dick for all I care.

You're right. As the Presser went on and he got more comfortable, the noise went away. Hopefully after a few under his belt it will be a thing of the past.

Steve Sewell
01-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Anyone else just get a chill down the spine of their neck? For the last ten years, it was a horse race between Mike Shanahan and Darth Belichick. Now Shanahan is gone, and the dark one's apprentence is running the show. He even looks like the main character from the new force game.

Belichick: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your team, out there in Denver, is walking into a trap, as is your young quarterback. It was *I* who allowed Josh McDaniels to know the location of the Lombardi trophy and then interview with Denver. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best defensive schemes awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid that Tom Brady will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

Archer81
01-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Belichick: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your team, out there in Denver, is walking into a trap, as is your young quarterback. It was *I* who allowed Josh McDaniels to know the location of the Lombardi trophy and then interview with Denver. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best defensive schemes awaits them. Oh, I'm afraid that Tom Brady will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

Oh ****...

Taco John
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I have to say that it's a big disappointment that this team is now under the thumb of a Belichick disciple. I want McDaniels to have success, but I'm going to cringe every time I have to hear about his Belichick roots.

Steve Sewell
01-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Oh ****...

This was said with hood on, by the way. Very dramatic.

DivineLegion
01-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Its alright boys we have a young Jedi who was left under a shroud of confusion left by Darth Belichicks invasion...His name is Jedi Bates, the old wise Shannys last padawans who was granted parlay by the graces of the force.

Steve Sewell
01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Its alright boys we have a young Jedi who was left under a shroud of confusion left by Darth Belichicks invasion...His name is Jedi Bates, the old wise Shannys last padawans who was granted parlay by the graces of the force.

Weiss: What is thy bidding, my master?

Belichick: Take your staff to North-Central Indiana. There it will stay until called for.

Weiss: What of the reports of the Broncos making a play for the Lombardi?

Belichick: It is of no concern. Soon the Broncos will be crushed and young McDaniels will again be one of us. Your work here is finished, my friend. Go out to South Bend and await my orders.

Weiss: Yes, my master.

manchambo
01-12-2009, 08:34 PM

Oh God how I wish we could say that it was a "horse race" between the Broncos and the Patriots for the last ten years without people falling on the ground laughing.

AbileneBroncoFan
01-12-2009, 08:53 PM

How did Darth Vader work out for the emperor in the end? If that happens in this situation I'll take it every day of the week and twice on Sundays. In star wars terms, we also have the strongest young force user in the game at quarterback. The equivalent of Vader and Luke teaming up. It's gonna be a show.

OBF1
01-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Darkside is hot...:Broncos:

Darksdr is my license plate :)

Taco John
01-12-2009, 09:11 PM
How did Darth Vader work out for the emperor in the end? If that happens in this situation I'll take it every day of the week and twice on Sundays. In star wars terms, we also have the strongest young force user in the game at quarterback. The equivalent of Vader and Luke teaming up. It's gonna be a show.

I, too, would like to see McDaniels throw Belichick down a reactor tube. I'd settle for a flight of stairs if that's all that's handy.

BroncoMatt
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Evil will always defeat good because good is dumb

cabronco
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Further evidence the student has ascended to teacher, McDaniels will don a Broncos hooded sweatshirt on the sidelines, homage to his former mentor, now his peer.

"As a matter of fact, I can't wait to see my hoodie," he said.

Sorry if this was already brought up, but makes me want to throw up..ugh!~

Blart
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Remember the coach that would win superbowls? I miss that guy

Peoples Champ
01-13-2009, 07:14 AM
I hope he doesnt Condone cheating in Denver.

Smiling Assassin27
01-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Josh likes to smack when he talks and purses those lips just like the evil overlord. He has Sith written all over him.

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:3_356ELQtF_RmM:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/adam8/billhcfinal.jpg

Archer81
01-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Josh likes to smack when he talks and purses those lips just like the evil overlord. He has Sith written all over him.

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:3_356ELQtF_RmM:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/adam8/billhcfinal.jpg

The lip smacking went away when he got more comfortable speaking. Nervous tick. But the dark side is strong with that one...

Kaylore
01-13-2009, 08:02 AM

This was asked and he already said he would.

I like that the first attribute he said about the type of players we'd get was "Smart". Say goodbye to have of our defense.

SureShot
01-13-2009, 08:03 AM
I have a feeling Bronco fans will turn quickly on the Belicheat disciple if the offense isn't more explosive and the D is more of the same.

I didn't see the presser but read the transcripts and I threw up in my mouth. So is Mickey D going to be called Baby Hoodie?

AbileneBroncoFan
01-13-2009, 08:44 AM
I, too, would like to see McDaniels throw Belichick down a reactor tube. I'd settle for a flight of stairs if that's all that's handy.

I'd settle for kicking him out of whatever stadium the AFC Championship game is at next year...probably wishful thinking though.

That being said, to everyone here who is acting like the world is about to end, I'll say this: I don't care how J-Mac does it, be it wearing a hoodie, a suit, or a toga, with Bates as the coordinator or with Bozo the clown as coordinator, with a zone blocking scheme or with a road blocking scheme, if he wins Super Bowls then it doesn't matter. Remember, Tom Brady's career high in TDs in a season was 28 until McDaniels took over the offense. I foresee a 40+ TD season for Jay sooner rather than later. And to those that say he doesn't know defense, our defense CANNOT GET ANY WORSE. There is nowhere to go but up. It will get better. We will finally have smart, versatile players on defense (and better yet, accountability--if you don't play smart, team defense you'll get run out of town real fast), and a scheme that is not so predictable that a 5 year old can figure out how to score on it.

Mountain Bronco
01-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Why is Kraft such a bad guy?

PRBronco
01-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Why is Kraft such a bad guy?

Because he wears dress shirts where the collar is a different colour. I hate that!

Beantown Bronco
01-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Now Hotrod, he needs all the help he can get. I am pretty sure that we should have fund raising event to get someone to dress him.

Sounds like the pilot episode for a new series: "Queer Eye for the Queer Guy"

Kaylore
01-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Because he wears dress shirts where the collar is a different colour. I hate that!

He's rich. I'm pretty sure if you don't do that at least once a week they take your money away.

Steve Sewell
03-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Necro Star Wars Time:

Belichick: "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

Swedish Extrovert
03-19-2009, 07:40 AM
I hope he dresses better. I bet if Reebok made garbage bags belichek would just cut some holes in it and wear that.

Hahaha! lol @ that and your avy.

Seriously... I wish coaches would take image more seriously. I know, I know winning ... but coaches should be wearing suits to games like every other sport (baseball doesn't count). I've always hated that about Belichick.

Archer81
03-19-2009, 07:43 AM
I think a coach should wear what makes them the most comfortable. Mike Nolan used to rock the suit though.

Drek
03-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Hahaha! lol @ that and your avy.

Seriously... I wish coaches would take image more seriously. I know, I know winning ... but coaches should be wearing suits to games like every other sport (baseball doesn't count). I've always hated that about Belichick.

Nolan had to petition the NFL so he could wear suits in SF, so its not like its even an easily accessible option. The NFL wants its coaches in team apparel of some variety.

worm
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Nolan had to petition the NFL so he could wear suits in SF, so its not like its even an easily accessible option. The NFL wants its coaches in team apparel of some variety.

The suit Nolan eventually wore WAS team apparel.

Drek
03-19-2009, 10:02 AM
The suit Nolan eventually wore WAS team apparel.

I know, and you can only wear a suit for what, 2 home games a year or something?

Its ****ed up and the league handles it poorly. Similar to how poorly they handled Jake's attempts to honor Pat Tillman.

worm
03-19-2009, 10:13 AM
I know, and you can only wear a suit for what, 2 home games a year or something?

Its ****ed up and the league handles it poorly. Similar to how poorly they handled Jake's attempts to honor Pat Tillman.

The Tillman things STILL irks me. A big black mark against the league office to me.

Nothing the league has done with small issues like this recently has given me confidence that they are capable of handling the tough issues coming up.

The League has a very good chance of significant luster coming off of their product with the CBA expiring. Pete had the cachet to push it through last time....that won't happen again.

Not with this economy. With the senility of some of the owners. With the bitter memory of the last CBA. With the new leadership for the NFLPA.

On the plus side...the media won't be talking about Josh and Jay anymore.

Spider
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zgloaS4NGyM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zgloaS4NGyM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Los Broncos
03-19-2009, 12:54 PM
I wonder if any cameras are being installed.