PDA

View Full Version : Champ talks about Mcdaniels

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 03:11 PM
This morning..

Podcast (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KRFX-FM/1-12%20Champ%20Bailey.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=DENVER-CO&NG_FORMAT=classicrock&SITE_ID=978&STATION_ID=KRFX-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KRFX&PCAST_CAT=Comedy&PCAST_TITLE=The_New,_Improved_Masters_Podcast)

also Adam Schefter (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KRFX-FM/1-12%20adam%20scheffter.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=DENVER-CO&NG_FORMAT=classicrock&SITE_ID=978&STATION_ID=KRFX-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KRFX&PCAST_CAT=Comedy&PCAST_TITLE=The_New,_Improved_Masters_Podcast)

Inkana7
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I like what Champ said about Nolan. "Hard nosed, demands discipline, accountability."

On the defense/Slowik

"It's time for guys to start understanding that you can be shipped outta here just as easily as a coach can...you gotta start playin' as well as you could."

On the Raiders supposedly not respecting Kiffin

"You're talking about the Raiders. They don't respect any coach they bring in there. Theyve had so many coaches the past few years you can't take them seriously."

Says that age isn't a factor as long as McDaniels proves he's a Pro and knows what's going on. Says younger players will look to the vets to see how they react to the new coaches.

Says the elbow surgery went good.

Anaximines
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
wow, Champ seemed a little cold about McDonald's and Nolan. They bring up McD and he spends the first 5 minutes talking about how great Spags is, then when they talk about Nolan, Champ says that he played for Nolan his rookie season: "Oh, so then you like him?" "Well I didn't say that!"

Sure, he meant it as a joke, but I kept thinking he would be like "nah, nah..." or whatever and praise Nolan some but all he said was that he's a hard nosed coach which should be good for our D or something like that.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Notice he said that bly would still be around to mentor.

frerottenextelway
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Champ has a future in the Public Relations department with the Broncos. :D

tsiguy96
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
it really sounds like he wanted spags...

broncofan7
01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Champ will be shopped.

bowtown
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Champ will be shopped.

Your face will be shopped.

MagicHef
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Champ will be shopped.

Right after his worst season? I hope not, his value will never be lower.

cutthemdown
01-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Trade Champ for a high first round pick, cut his useless brother and move on if he isn't with the new program.

Champ is on the downside of his career, past 30 yrs old and getting slower IMO. He made no plays last yr either so he has no room to talk.

SouthStndJunkie
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Champ needs to concentrate on getting back on the field for a full season next year.

NFLBRONCO
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Trade Champ for a high first round pick, cut his useless brother and move on if he isn't with the new program.

Champ is on the downside of his career, past 30 yrs old and getting slower IMO. He made no plays last yr either so he has no room to talk.

We will not get a high #1 pick for Champ.

MagicHef
01-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Given the bolded part, who will trade a high first round pick for him?

Broncoman13
01-12-2009, 04:00 PM

QFT

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Champ wont even be here.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Wheres matt millen?

frerottenextelway
01-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Absolutely nobody. Mock trades are always amusing around here. With his salary, his market value is p'bly a 3rd or 4th rounder right now.

bowtown
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Did anyone here actually even take the time to listen to the piece? Of course not. Another day, another overblown thread on the OM. Hooray!

cutthemdown
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
QFT

Yeah I guess he may not be worth a first anymore but i still think he has the name to get a pretty high pick.

If Champ is going to be a baby, and for some reason I think he is, then we should just try and move him. Wait until the new d coaches laugh at the prospect of playing Boss Bailey as a starting SSL and dump his ass. What will Champ think then.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Lots of teams are getting new coaches this year so you never know what some might do to bolster their defense and get fans in the seats.

cutthemdown
01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Absolutely nobody. Mock trades are always amusing around here. With his salary, his market value is p'bly a 3rd or 4th rounder right now.

I think Champ would be worth more then that.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM

Its not a matter of getting a high pick for champ. We will get a pick in the 20s for him and a 3rd or 4th to go with it. Champ just had a injured season...

Im positive a team that plays cover 2 or 3 will give up that for him. Its not going to be a top 20 pick though.

He still had 3-4 great years left he just cant play in a bump n man scheme.

telluride
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Champ spoke very highly of Simeon Rice.

Just saying.

bowtown
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Champ spoke very highly of Simeon Rice.

Just saying.

Great point! Uhh

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah I guess he may not be worth a first anymore but i still think he has the name to get a pretty high pick.

If Champ is going to be a baby, and for some reason I think he is, then we should just try and move him. Wait until the new d coaches laugh at the prospect of playing Boss Bailey as a starting SSL and dump his ass. What will Champ think then.

champ has been a baby for a while now! He cried about Jim Bates system before it was even givin a chance to work. He cried about playing bump and run and shanny loved him so much he made Jim Bates change his system before it even started.

Im fed up with Champ. He no longer has Shanny on his side so i believe he will be traded. Champ is a DIVA. Who only wanted to play man on man on national televised games. If that does not tell you alot about champ then i dont know.

NYBronco
01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Wheres matt millen?

Hopefully he will end up in the land of Al.

bowtown
01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Who only wanted to play man on man on national televised games. If that does not tell you alot about champ then i dont know.

What are you talking about?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Yeah, hes def worth more than that. Before getting hurt this past season, he was his usual self. Jeremy Shockey netted a second rounder last year....I'd assume his market value is a 2nd rounder and maybe something like a 4.

I'd rather keep him though

Archer81
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Hard to make plays when you tear a groin and have to sit on the sidelines for 8 weeks of the season.

:Broncos:

bowtown
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Hard to make plays when you tear a groin and have to sit on the sidelines for 8 weeks of the season.

INJURY PRONE, hopefully we can trade him and a 2nd for Foxworth!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
champ has been a baby for a while now! He cried about Jim Bates system before it was even givin a chance to work. He cried about playing bump and run and shanny loved him so much he made Jim Bates change his system before it even started.

Im fed up with Champ. He no longer has Shanny on his side so i believe he will be traded. Champ is a DIVA. Who only wanted to play man on man on national televised games. If that does not tell you alot about champ then i dont know.

Please pass me the drugs youre on

hades
01-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Champ contributes to the team more than with just his play on the field. Players respect him and his ethics. He would be missed if we traded him, even if we got someone who is a great corner/safety out of the deal. When you think of Bronco's defense, Champ comes to mind.

yerner

You're terrible at everything you say. Please stop responding.

ludo21
He has been one of the most reliable CB's in the game for a long time and one injury plagued season and everyone is off the wagon..

Whatever. I agree that Champ is an arrogant SOB, but most good players are very self assured.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Please pass me the drugs youre on

Hook me up when he hooks you up..

Archer81
INJURY PRONE, hopefully we can trade him and a 2nd for Foxworth!

11 games missed in 10 years...yeah INJURY PRONE...

NFLBRONCO
Yeah, hes def worth more than that. Before getting hurt this past season, he was his usual self. Jeremy Shockey netted a second rounder last year....I'd assume his market value is a 2nd rounder and maybe something like a 4.

I'd rather keep him though

I think its a possibility Denver might do it. Denver needs to get younger at starting CB spot sooner or later.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I think its a possibility Denver might do it. Denver needs to get younger at starting CB spot sooner or later.

Hello, starting FS. It worked for Rod Woodson...

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
What are you talking about?

See you gotta pay attention to our schemes game to game and when we were national televised.....

Week after week we played 10-15 yards off zone bull**** right? Now watch the games that were nationa televised and see where champ was...thats how he got hurt....

When he attempted to play Man on Man that primetime game. Champs a diva bro. He wants the spotlight when the spotlight is on.

Any other game he was playing zone like the rest of our corners. Notice when Champ got injured we all of a sudden started playing up in the WR face man on man?? what a coincidence......Champ is a schem buster.,

he did it with bates the year before and he did it again this year.

bowtown
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM

How about later, like in 4 years, when Champ is moved to safety.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
See you gotta pay attention to our schemes game to game and when we were national televised.....

Week after week we played 10-15 yards off zone bull**** right? Now watch the games that were nationa televised and see where champ was...thats how he got hurt....

When he attempted to play Man on Man that primetime game. Champs a diva bro. He wants the spotlight when the spotlight is on.

Any other game he was playing zone like the rest of our corners. Notice when Champ got injured we all of a sudden started playing up in the WR face man on man?? what a coincidence......Champ is a schem buster.,

You truely are a mental midget.

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2009, 04:18 PM

You do realize that there is no way to determine whether someone is in man vs. zone simply by how far off the LOS they line up......don't you? It can be either/or.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 04:18 PM
You truely are a mental midget.

His colorado man told him.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:19 PM
You're terrible at everything you say. Please stop responding.

I love how you guys who dont actually break down the game tape after the games have been played and form an opinion on something you seen only ONCE.

I record every game and watch them about 5 times breaking down what went wrong and who went wrong. You can believe that or not but im positive anybody else who does break down the tape recognized it....

Champ didnt pull a hammy or groin untill he attempted to play man on man for the first time of the season just because it was on national TV.....

Just like the other year with CHAD JOHNSON. If its primetime vs a great WR thats the ONLY time he wants to play man on man.

NFLBRONCO
Hello, starting FS. It worked for Rod Woodson...

I could handle that very easily we will see what Denver does.

McLuvin
You do realize that there is no way to determine whether someone is in man vs. zone simply by how far off the LOS they line up......don't you? It can be either/or.

Dude you can tell if there playing man or zone after the ball is snapped!!!

bowtown
01-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Hey Demonpenz, can we get this guy dropped on the Deathstar?

cutthemdown
01-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Broncos have to rebuild the defense and probably change schemes. I doubt it all works perfect in one yr. If we are on a 2 yr defensive rebuild does Champ want to be part of it? I say keep him for sure if he really wants to be part of it. That includes even if the axe Boss who IMO does not fit in a 3-4. He's not physical enough to play inside in a 3-4, he's not big enough to play outside in a 3-4.

IMO the only reason Champ wanted spags was because it kept the 4-3 and a chance to play with his brother.

hades
01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Dude you can tell if there playing man or zone after the ball is snapped!!!

Champ is so good he plays both at the same time, man zone it's called. :thumbsup:

TheReverend
01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
People are nuts...

LongDongJohnson
01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
champ will never be a saftey. he'll be here until his contract runs out and then it will be up to mcdaniels and the others on what they want to do with him.

champ is hardly injury prone. last year he suffered his first serious injury of his career. he's only 31 not 35. he is a special athlete and id say he can play at a high level until atleast 35 id guess.

before champ got hurt, he was locking his side of the field down. he's still playing at a very high level and if we do somehow trade him i wouldnt accept anything lower then a 1st or a combination of a 2nd and 4th or something like that.
champ is worth a lot

bowtown
01-12-2009, 04:25 PM
11 games missed in 10 years...yeah INJURY PRONE...

I often fail at sarcasm.

Florida_Bronco
champ will never be a saftey. he'll be here until his contract runs out and then it will be up to mcdaniels and the others on what they want to do with him.

champ is hardly injury prone. last year he suffered his first serious injury of his career. he's only 31 not 35. he is a special athlete and id say he can play at a high level until atleast 35 id guess.

before champ got hurt, he was locking his side of the field down. he's still playing at a very high level and if we do somehow trade him i wouldnt accept anything lower then a 1st or a combination of a 2nd and 4th or something like that.
champ is worth a lot

Exactly.

I can't believe some of the lunacy going on in this thread.

Archer81
His colorado man told him.

Really? THAT colorado man? Wow...:thumbs:

Dude is a douche bagel.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM

champ is worth a lot

Locking his side of the field down while being the main reason everybody else in the secondary was struggling!!

Why was our secondary not struggling while he was out? We went on a nice streak of getting our hands on balls. deflections. safeties were in the right position.....

Archer81
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I often fail at sarcasm.

lol. I was adding to the sarcasm. Sarcasm away duder.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Exactly.

I can't believe some of the lunacy going on in this thread.

Extend his career, he will play at safety. He can tackle and can get TO's, down the road, it would work for him.

Florida_Bronco
01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Locking his side of the field down while being the main reason everybody else in the secondary was struggling!!

Why was our secondary not struggling while he was out? We went on a nice streak of getting our hands on balls. deflections. safeties were in the right position.....

You might be the absolute most clueless and worthless poster here besides Bobo, and I think he even has better football takes.

You can join the rest of the trolls and idiots on the ignore list. I'm tired of reading your banter.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 04:28 PM

Where do you dream this shyt up at?

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Champ is so good he plays both at the same time, man zone it's called. :thumbsup:

Haha i wish that was actually true.

yerner
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I love how you guys who dont actually break down the game tape after the games have been played and form an opinion on something you seen only ONCE.

I record every game and watch them about 5 times breaking down what went wrong and who went wrong. You can believe that or not but im positive anybody else who does break down the tape recognized it....

Champ didnt pull a hammy or groin untill he attempted to play man on man for the first time of the season just because it was on national TV.....

Just like the other year with CHAD JOHNSON. If its primetime vs a great WR thats the ONLY time he wants to play man on man.

You are pretending to know the reasoning inside Champs head having never talked to him. You're a dope. Possibly bat **** crazy.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Broncos have to rebuild the defense and probably change schemes. I doubt it all works perfect in one yr. If we are on a 2 yr defensive rebuild does Champ want to be part of it? I say keep him for sure if he really wants to be part of it. That includes even if the axe Boss who IMO does not fit in a 3-4. He's not physical enough to play inside in a 3-4, he's not big enough to play outside in a 3-4.

IMO the only reason Champ wanted spags was because it kept the 4-3 and a chance to play with his brother.

Little does CHamp know Spags does not play zone. He plays majority man on man. What did champ say when bates go here?? Id rather play zone because I KEYWORD I have better shot at making plays.....Not the team.......

Florida_Bronco
01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Where do you dream this shyt up at?

You are pretending to know the reasoning inside Champs head having never talked to him. You're a dope. Possibly bat **** crazy.

I suggest you just put him on ignore like I am.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Mcdipshyt goes on iggy ( again)

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
McLuvin kinda reminds me of a real life version of Horvil Tiki

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM

do you break down game film??

Was or was not Jim Bates defensive scheme coming into denver a bump and man scheme???

Didnt right after we hired Jim bates ther eporters started asking the guys how do they feel about the physical bump and run scheme bates brings and champ started crying to the media daily about how much he loves playing zone and would rather the team continue play zone?

shortly after that shanny told the media that were going to "switch it up" not allowing bates to run his got damn system!!! because of what champ would rather do?

I dont have time to state the obvious talking to BRICKS about football. Something you only enjoy watching on game day and never breaking down the film.

You people can remain in denial if you want.

JIM BATES WAS A BUMP N MAN DC AND WE PLAYED ****ING ZONE THE WHOLE YEAR!!!

Get real./

Archer81
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Little does CHamp know Spags does not play zone. He plays majority man on man. What did champ say when bates go here?? Id rather play zone because I KEYWORD I have better shot at making plays.....Not the team.......

And you, being the special lil man you are, are going to tell a future HOF corner how he plays best?

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
McLuvin kinda reminds me of a real life version of Horvil Tiki

He reminds me of ollie williams on family guy

Tom: And now to our weatherman Ollie Williams for the Blackie-Weather Forecast, Ollie?
Olie: IT'S RAININ' SIDEWAYS!
Tom: Don't you have an umbrella?
Olie: USED TO!
Tom: Where is it now?
Olie: INSIDE OUT TWO MILES AWAY!
Tom: Is there anything we can do for you?
Olie: BRING ME SOME SOUP!
Tom: What kind?
Olie: CHUNKY!
Tom: Thanks, Ollie. Up next, a pig that refuses to eat Jews. After this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/alexthegreat/OllieWilliams.jpg

Inkana7
01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
You're an idiot. Champ ran man coverage in Bates' scheme. Now, go away.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
And you, being the special lil man you are, are going to tell a future HOF corner how he plays best?

Typical brick......Missed the whole point...

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
You're an idiot. Champ ran man coverage in Bates' scheme. Now, go away.

How did champ run man on man when the scheme was changed in mini camps?? we didnt even play bump and run under jim bates jack ass.

This proves that im talking to BRICKS. The level of knowledge to the actual game of football that this site has does suck. I see what people mean now!

You just sat there and said Champ played man when the whole damn defense was playing zone.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Typical brick......Missed the whole point...

1. Corners are the diva's of the defense. They need to be because they alone can determine the difference between a win and a loss.

2. Bailey is rare. You design defenses around him, you dont try to force him into your scheme.

3. You are a douchebagel.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:56 PM
from a Non Bronco fan who has no reason to hate on champ bailey.

Under Jim Bates..........

The fact is that, to be a shutdown corner, you need to play mostly man to man coverage. If you play a lot of 2 like Denver does, you constantly have Lynch/Ferguson over the top covering your head, then its ok if you get beat once in a while because the Cover 2 Safety will make a break on the ball and bail you out.

Wanna know partially the reason why Denver is the worst rush defense on the planet but the 6th ranked pass defense?

Cover 2. The best pass defense known to man, yet its vulnerable to the run because you cannot run blitz. You have 7 guys in the box, rushing 4 down linemen and your Mike Linebacker drops to his middle zone and while your Sam and Will backers drop to their outside zones. Unless you have a very good defensive line, its hard to stop the run consistently while playing 2. And a Cover 2 corner can never claim full credit for a deep incompletion.

Put Champ in a scheme where he has to Cover man to man down after down after down, and then perhaps he will earn the labal of shutdown corner deservingly.

Even he recognized that we ran cover 2 the whole damn season!!! And Jim Bates is NOT a cover 2 DC. He was forced to change schemes because of champ bailey not wanting to play man.......

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
1. Corners are the diva's of the defense. They need to be because they alone can determine the difference between a win and a loss.

2. Bailey is rare. You design defenses around him, you dont try to force him into your scheme.

3. You are a douchebagel.

You dont design your defense around a corner!!! Thats the worst thing somebody has ever said and believed.

COming from guys on here who say you dont build a defense from the back up. How the hell do you design your defense from the back up? COme on dude your seriously lacking knowledge to the game of football right now.

Regardless of how many 1s 2s or 3s you use....Or pictures or douchbag remarks. Your stupid and dont know much about the game of football.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
You dont design your defense around a corner!!! Thats the worst thing somebody has ever said and believed.

COming from guys on here who say you dont build a defense from the back up. How the hell do you design your defense from the back up? COme on dude your seriously lacking knowledge to the game of football right now.

Regardless of how many 1s 2s or 3s you use....Or pictures or douchbag remarks. Your stupid and dont know much about the game of football.

Yup. Complete douchebagel. Guess you missed the "rare" part.

The MVPlaya
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah... let's trade Champ... our only real Veteran on the WHOLE TEAM. The best defensive player on the team, the one with the most successful experience. Our defensive play maker.

Yes..great idea.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
By any name, NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth says, Harris and Woodson form the toughest corner tandem anywhere.
They buy time for a talented, swarming front seven to pressure quarterbacks, who are completing just 56.7% of their passes against Green Bay.
More impressive, the Packers are limiting opponents to a 34.5% third-down conversion rate, fifth best in the league.
"The essence of that defense is the fact they can play bump-and-run on the outside and take away the good receivers," Collinsworth says. "Because you're taking out the best receivers in one-on-one bump-and-run, now you're only forced to play against nine guys.
"It was believed you couldn't do that anymore in this league. But those two guys are getting it done."
Harris has played in 160 consecutive games, a streak that began in 1998 as a nickel back in the Philadelphia Eagles secondary, where he was mentored by Troy Vincent (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=2264) and Bobby Taylor. Collinsworth calls Harris one of the most underappreciated players in the league.
Harris has 17 career interceptions, including a memorable pickoff of Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=519), which he returned 52 yards for a 33-27 overtime win in a 2003 NFC wild-card game.
Woodson, who won the 1997 Heisman Trophy at Michigan, the only pure defensive player to do so, is a four-time Pro Bowler who was thought to be on the downside of his career after eight seasons and several injuries with the Oakland Raiders.
But Packers general manager Ted Thompson showed keen vision when he signed him in May 2006 after a broken leg caused Woodson to miss 10 games for the Raiders in 2005.
Woodson fought through knee and shoulder injuries last season to start all 16 games and recorded a career-high eight interceptions while defending 26 passes.
Green Bay's shadow men thrive on getting their hands on receivers and throwing off their timing with their quarterbacks.
"All these guys who sit back in zone defense and have interceptions fall into their laps go to the Pro Bowl," Collinsworth says. "But nobody is asked to do more than Al Harris (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1775) and Charles Woodson (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=840).
"People know about Champ Bailey (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1925) and Dre' Bly in Denver. But Harris and Woodson are the best cornerback pair doing the toughest job."

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Yup. Complete douchebagel. Guess you missed the "rare" part.

Your gonna hang on to RARE?? ROFLLLLLLLLL

that rare is 9 times outta 10 prevent when the game is completly in hand. You know absolutely **** about jim bates. period.

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
your dragging this thread down casino just quit posting ok.

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
wow, Champ seemed a little cold about McDonald's and Nolan. They bring up McD and he spends the first 5 minutes talking about how great Spags is, then when they talk about Nolan, Champ says that he played for Nolan his rookie season: "Oh, so then you like him?" "Well I didn't say that!"
Sure, he meant it as a joke, but I kept thinking he would be like "nah, nah..." or whatever and praise Nolan some but all he said was that he's a hard nosed coach which should be good for our D or something like that.

not necessarily. Nolan is a hard bastard. i don't want our players to be best friends with our coaches, look what happened last year. i want Nolan to be a hard ass getting in the faces of our players lighting fires under their asses.

i don't give a damn if the players hate his guts as long as they perform.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
not necessarily. Nolan is a hard bastard. i don't want our players to be best friends with our coaches, look what happened last year. i want Nolan to be a hard ass getting in the faces of our players lighting fires under their asses.

That was shanny problem, He was too friendly with players. Including champ bailey

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
That was shanny problem, He was too friendly with players. Including champ bailey

Mike treated the players like men, and was decent to them, but when they ****ed up he jumped on their ass. and that is what i like.

Slowik was just trying to be every defensive players best friend and that doesn't work.

i want our players to respect our coaches, but i don't want them to be buddies.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Shanny let his relationship with champ bailey get jim bates fired.

Anaximines
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Yeah, I see what you're saying and I agree. I have a feeling Nolan will do a good job.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Shanny let his relationship with champ bailey get jim bates fired.

Suppose champ bailey is the one that allowed all those RUSHING yards, huh? You cannot possibly be this dumb and live.

DarkHorse
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Nevermind

lex
01-12-2009, 07:03 PM
After what happened with Slowik, I have no interest in what any of the players think about the new coaches. In fact, I hope theyre uncomforable with who it is.

db56
01-12-2009, 07:03 PM

I guess I'm a douchel bagel, troll, etc, etc,, because I've been following and studying football for about 25 years and a such a Bronco fan that I'm borderline sick! and I agree with 99% of his or her posts!

Denver lack of Defense the last 4 years is inexcusable, u cant bring in a new cordinator every year and draft for a scheme every year and then change every year. I think Champ is a very good player and I respect him for the way he plays the run, but the poster is right, if Champ wants to be known as a shut down corner, then he should have no problems getting physical, playing bump and run and getting it done.

elsid13
01-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I guess I'm a douchel bagel, troll, etc, etc,, because I've been following and studying football for about 25 years and a such a Bronco fan that I'm borderline sick! and I agree with 99% of his or her posts!

Denver lack of Defense the last 4 years is inexcusable, u cant bring in a new cordinator every year and draft for a scheme every year and then change every year. I think Champ is a very good player and I respect him for the way he plays the run, but the poster is right, if Champ wants to be known as a shut down corner, then he should have no problems getting physical, playing bump and run and getting it done.

When did you not see Champ stick his nose into pile or come up to support the run defense. You're making Champ sound like Deon, a guy that refuse to tackle.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 07:11 PM
When did you not see Champ stick his nose into pile or come up to support the run defense. You're making Champ sound like Deon, a guy that refuse to tackle.

Have this odd feeling mcluvin or db56 or whatever ass clown might support this view point may be the same person.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 07:11 PM
After what happened with Slowik, I have no interest in what any of the players think about the new coaches. In fact, I hope theyre uncomforable with who it is.

No bull.....They said they loved slowicks scheme and how simple it was.......If it was that simple and they still did nothing ehhhhh

elsid13
01-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Have this odd feeling mcluvin or db56 or whatever ass clown might support this view point may be the same person.

I have strange feeling Casino Royal is back in force.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 07:17 PM

Sicne champ has come to denver hes become soft like most of our defense....Champ buolt his reputation here in D.C where i love playing for the skins as a shutdown corner by playing in your face man on man bump and run alllllll the time. Darrell Green tought him that.

Every since coming to Denver hes started loving this zone crap just because it gets him more INTS......

Im glad somebody recognize that im not just spilling bull**** here.

broncogary
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't have the game film, but I agree that Champ was playing lazy. Not that he didn't support the run game, but if you're going to be a shut down corner, you have to shut a guy down. Bailey was frequently a target of opposing teams, because he wanted to play facing the receiver and QB.

Why do I say he was playing lazy? It takes a lot more energy to play bump and run, but it puts more pressure on the QB to make an accurate pass.

Heck, we would blitz and still be playing off the receivers, giving the QB an easy completion.

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM

Oh wow so everybody that agrees with me is me? stop spinning on your head. He said he has followed the game of football for 25 years and breaks down tape most likely. Thats why he understands what im saying.

You and the rest of these clowns just watch games on sundays and forget about them.

I actually record them on my direct tv hd box and watch them over and over. Only a tru football person can understand my point of view and his. If you watch games on sundays and never break down the film your clueless. theres noway you can have a opinion on anything im discussing if you dont break down game tape because you cant evaluate what went wrong by watching a freaking game one time!!!!

McLuvin
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't have the game film, but I agree that Champ was playing lazy. Not that he didn't support the run game, but if you're going to be a shut down corner, you have to shut a guy down. Bailey was frequently a target of opposing teams, because he wanted to play facing the receiver and QB.

Why do I say he was playing lazy? It takes a lot more energy to play bump and run, but it puts more pressure on the QB to make an accurate pass.

Heck, we would blitz and still be playing off the receivers, giving the QB an easy completion.

Exactly, Playing bump and run throws an offense way off track, Kicks them into a gear they dont wanna be kicked in. As you said the passes have to be wayyyyy more sharper and accurate when facing a bump and run defense. You cant just throw it to spots like teams do us.

Yup we blitzed time after time but played 10 yards off, What is the hot route when a QB sees the blitz?? QUICK SLANT and were 10-15 yards off just handing them the quick slant which is what you wanna do vs the blitz. smh.....its pathetic.....And this is the guy that shanny wanted to keep? refused to fire?? pathetic.

AS i said before if champ wants to go back to his redskin days where he built his rep from being physical bump n man corner then ill glady keep him. Aslong as he wants to play zone GET HIM OUTTA HERE.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Oh wow so everybody that agrees with me is me? stop spinning on your head. He said he has followed the game of football for 25 years and breaks down tape most likely. Thats why he understands what im saying.

You and the rest of these clowns just watch games on sundays and forget about them.

I actually record them on my direct tv hd box and watch them over and over. Only a tru football person can understand my point of view and his. If you watch games on sundays and never break down the film your clueless. theres noway you can have a opinion on anything im discussing if you dont break down game tape because you cant evaluate what went wrong by watching a freaking game one time!!!!

Please tell me you are not a Broncos version of Bob...

I find the timing suspect. Months of being on this board without you here, no one called Champ lazy or less then a pure shut down corner. Then twice in the same day its said in the same hamfisted ****tard way.

broncogary
01-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, since it hasn't been said yet, I'll do it. High first round pick for Champ if we throw in a 6th. LOL

broncogary
01-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Please tell me you are not a Broncos version of Bob...

I find the timing suspect. Months of being on this board without you here, no one called Champ lazy or less then a pure shut down corner. Then twice in the same day its said in the same hamfisted ****tard way.

No, I've done it several times this year.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
No, I've done it several times this year.

Hmm. Must have missed that. Either way this guy is still a ****tard.

BroncoBuff
01-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Why doesn't anybody interview Daniel Graham? He knows a heckuva lot more about McDaniels than Champ does, that's for damn sure.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2009, 10:51 PM

really breaks down tape?

SureShot
01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
I guess you could say Casino is like a tape worm.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Its clear that if you say that you watch football for over 25 years that you HAVE to be breaking down film. In fact here in five years I should be quiting my job and building a NFL style film room to break down my tivo'd games. Watch for my full game reports coming out in 5 years.