PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to introduce new Head Coach

Dutch
01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8763

Broncos to Introduce McDaniels
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos on Monday will introduce Josh McDaniels as head coach at a 5 p.m. MST press conference at their training facility, President/CEO Pat Bowlen announced.

The 32-year-old McDaniels has agreed to a four-year contract to become the 12th head coach in Broncos history.

McDaniels spent the last eight seasons (2001-08) on the coaching staff of the New England Patriots, helping the franchise win three Super Bowls, four AFC championships and six division titles en route to posting the NFL’s best overall record (111-34 / .766) during that time. He was the Patriots’ offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach during the previous three years (2006-08), directing an offense that led the NFL in points per game (28.8) while ranking second in the league in yards per game (370.8) and third in fewest turnovers (63) over that stretch.

McDaniels worked as New England’s quarterbacks coach from 2004-05 after serving as a coaching assistant for the club from 2002-03 and as a personnel assistant/coaching assistant in 2001. His coaching career began in 1999 as a graduate assistant at Michigan State University.

Despite a season-ending injury to starting quarterback Tom Brady in Week 1, New England’s 2008 offense finished the year with an NFL-best 356 first downs and ranked fifth in the league in yards per game (365.4) under McDaniels. His coaching helped backup quarterback Matt Cassel, who became a starter for the first time since high school, total the eighth-most passing yards (3,693) in the league.

In 2007, McDaniels coached on a Patriots team that was the first in NFL history to post a 16-0 regular-season record and advanced to Super Bowl XLII. McDaniels’ offense was one of the most productive in NFL history with the Patriots setting league records for points scored (589 / 36.8 ppg.) and touchdowns (75). Individually, Brady set an NFL single-season record for touchdown passes (50) to earn MVP honors while wide receiver Randy Moss caught the most touchdowns (23) for a season in league annals.

The Patriots won Super Bowls with McDaniels on their staff during the 2001 (XXXVI), ’03 (XXXVIII) and ’04 (XXXIX) seasons.

McDaniels played quarterback and wide receiver at John Carroll University (University Heights, Ohio) from 1995-98 after finishing his prep career at Canton McKinley High School (Canton, Ohio).

Born on April 22, 1976, in Barberton, Ohio, McDaniels and his wife, Laura, have one son, Jack Thomas, and one daughter, Maddie.

CEH
01-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Bowlen wants to make a splash.
NFLTA airs live at 5 MST.
Should be the top story and cut in

baja
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
He is no fool

DenverBrit
01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
He is no fool

Not according to some of the drama queens on the mane. ;D

HEAV
01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Not according to some of the drama queens on the mane. ;D

No the drama queens think he is a drunk gutless...ya let's just move on and enjoy the new era!:thumbs:

Borks147
01-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Bowlen wants to make a splash.
NFLTA airs live at 5 MST.
Should be the top story and cut in

well, he is part owner of the damned thing.

Paladin
01-12-2009, 11:03 AM
The drama queens are trying to define what "tree" whomever came from, and they are all getting woodys over the sheer drama of it all. What would it be like to have a Broncos' board where they had cogent, rational, disparate discussions about the team and the franchise without all the teenybopper crap and know-it-all's? Sometimes I think god is punishing us mature, urbane and knowledgeable folks.....

baja
01-12-2009, 11:10 AM
The drama queens are trying to define what "tree" whomever came from, and they are all getting woodys over the sheer drama of it all. What would it be like to have a Broncos' board where they had cogent, rational, disparate discussions about the team and the franchise without all the teenybopper crap and know-it-all's? Sometimes I think god is punishing us mature, urbane and knowledgeable folks.....

I know yo remember we used to have that but we have been infiltrated. I think it was the avatar & signature features that did it. ;D

Broncoman13
01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8763

Born on April 22, 1976, in Barberton, Ohio, McDaniels and his wife, Laura, have one son, Jack Thomas, and one daughter, Maddie.

Ha! I'm a month and a few days older than this hack... he's gonna be horrible! We should fire him now and save ourselves the time.

~numerous little biatches on the Mane

Broncoman13
01-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm so excited for what this offseason will bring. Free agents, the draft, camp... I am truly excited! I realize that I'm probably in the majority of people that are happy with this hire. I'd say 7 in 10 "like" the hire. Pat is doing a good job of re-energizing this franchise. We're fortunate to have him as the owner!

baja
01-12-2009, 11:17 AM

Maybe TJ can create a longevity forum where only posters that have been here for a certain time and those others invited by the old times can post and the rest could be read only. Posters from the main forum would earn their strips there and eventually be invited to post in the select forum. The special posters forum could also vote someone off the island too if a majority felt it warranted.

What do you think?

theAPAOps5
01-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm so excited for what this offseason will bring. Free agents, the draft, camp... I am truly excited! I realize that I'm probably in the majority of people that are happy with this hire. I'd say 7 in 10 "like" the hire. Pat is doing a good job of re-energizing this franchise. We're fortunate to have him as the owner!

Lex is posting at levels to make up for the lopsided support. He is single handedly bitching to close that 40% gap. I knew it would be an epic meltdown. but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it being this glorious.

Broncoman13
01-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Maybe TJ can create a longevity forum where only posters that have been here for a certain time and those others invited by the old times can post and the rest could be read only. Posters from the main forum would earn their strips there and eventually be invited to post in the select forum. The special posters forum could also vote someone off the island too if a majority felt it warranted.

What do you think?

Love it!

Broncoman13
01-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Lex is posting at levels to make up for the lopsided support. He is single handedly b****ing to close that 40% gap. I knew it would be an epic meltdown. but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it being this glorious.

I'm enjoying it too... bet your ass he'll be there on picture day when the team is doing well.

theAPAOps5
01-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh I am sure he will. I have a link to every single meltdown post, archived, bookmarked, and ready to go. It will be awesome.

Archer81
01-12-2009, 11:26 AM
McDaniels is as qualified as Spags or Frasier, if not more so. Plus, he's hot, so i'm on the bandwagon.

:Broncos:

chawknz
01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
McDaniels is as qualified as Spags or Frasier, if not more so. Plus, he's hot, so i'm on the bandwagon.

:Broncos:

Totally agree! LOL

Paladin
01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I did not factor in his temperature as I gaged his potential worth to the enterprise. But I do believe it can be an exciting time around here. I am especially looking forward to who the DC will be and whom else the Broncos will bring in on the D side of the ball.

With Dennison potentially leaving, I think that leaves an opening in the Oline coaching ranks. That one is somewhat disconcerting. There will be some real changes, that's for sure. But I think the FO and McDaniel can get the ship moving and get prepared for the FA period.

The entire process starts all over, but with a new cast of characters.