PDA

View Full Version : Dennison to interview with 49er's (M)

T/F Bronco
01-12-2009, 10:20 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11434955

Man-Goblin
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
That kinda sucks. But I would think zone blocking and pounding the rock might be exactly what Singletary is looking for.

bronco militia
01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
hopefully he gets the job

Broncoman13
01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
How can he leave? Sounds like the Broncos might be letting Dennison, Bates, and Turner go... which I think would be a mistake but who knows?

bronco militia
01-12-2009, 10:27 AM
How can he leave? Sounds like the Broncos might be letting Dennison, Bates, and Turner go... which I think would be a mistake but who knows?

I think the franchise is ready to move on....good luck to those coaches

BroncoInferno
01-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I do NOT want to see Dennison leave. Hopefully, McDaniels wants to keep the OL system in place with Dennison running things, otherwise I will become concerned.

frerottenextelway
01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Here comes the shock when a new coach brings in his own assisstants and his own scheme.

jmz313
01-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Good-Bye. New start is needed. Bobby Turner is the only person I would like to see retained.

BroncoInferno
I think the franchise is ready to move on....good luck to those coaches

I am fine with Bates leaving. Town is only big enough for one young, offensive guru, so McDaniels fills the gap there. But so much of the success of the OL and running game over the years are thanks to the systems implemented and taught by Dennison and Turner. The players we have were drafted specifically because they fit in that system. If we change up the system, we may be taking a step back. Hopefully, we can keep those two.

PRBronco
:( this is too much change at once, I need to see a counsellor.

Chris
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM
keep Jeremy Bates.

BroncoInferno
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Here comes the shock when a new coach brings in his own assisstants and his own scheme.

No shock really, but Mediator has pointed out that in McDaniels three years as OC in NE, he hasn't run any one particular system, but has adapted the offense to the personnel each year. As such, I was hoping (and still am) that he would keep the OL and running systems/coaches in tact since they have worked for so many years and since the personnel was drafted specifically because they fit the system. I really hope we can keep Dennison and Turner.

titan
01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I am fine with Bates leaving. Town is only big enough for one young, offensive guru, so McDaniels fills the gap there. But so much of the success of the OL and running game over the years are thanks to the systems implemented and taught by Dennison and Turner. The players we have were drafted specifically because they fit in that system. If we change up the system, we may be taking a step back. Hopefully, we can keep those two.

The McDaniels hire doesn't necessarily mean Bates is leaving. This quote was in the Denver post this morning:

"I know Jeremy," McDaniels said at last year's Super Bowl media day. "We have never really talked scheme or anything like that, but we have a cordial relationship. I think he's very bright."

link: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11430967

Taco John
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
keep Jeremy Bates.

What makes you think Jeremy Bates would want to learn from another 32 year old?

baja
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
This is what I was afraid of and Bates will not be far behind he will not want to get stuck behind a 32 year old HC, he has his own ambitions and ideas.

Br0nc0Buster
01-12-2009, 10:37 AM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/xanadian9/wellbyety4.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
This gets a big pile of who cares from me. Its McDaniels system we're running, so best luck to Rick. Though i think keeping Bates makes sense since it seems their styles are similar anyway.

Man-Goblin

His long term contract?

SonOfLe-loLang

What makes you think he's so petty?

Cito Pelon
01-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Whoo boy. If Dennison goes, that's pretty much a total shakeup. I guess the writing was on the wall. From Dennison's perspective it's time for a fresh start for him also.

rastaman
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I thought Bowlen said whoever he hires as head coache must keep Dennison, Bates, and Turner! Also, heard all 3 were already under contract with Denver?

baja
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Well Shanny was reading over my shoulder and he's now throwing up over the side of the boat.

bronco militia
01-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Well Shanny was reading over my shoulder and he's now throwing up over the side of the boat.

tell shanny not to worry...Dennison will be available in three years when the Broncos blow this **** up again

colonelbeef
01-12-2009, 10:50 AM

Yep. Suddenly a top 3 O-line just on the verge of dominating for 10 years is now needing to be rebuilt again.

chaz
01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't understand how you can let dennison/turner leave after the production they got from the position...both were top five in the league with all things considered. And Bates is Cutler's butt buddy so I think it would be a big mistake to let the three leave, although Turner is the guy I really want to stay. What he did with the RB's this year was the stuff of legends IMO

footstepsfrom#27
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Yep. Suddenly a top 3 O-line just on the verge of dominating for 10 years is now needing to be rebuilt again.
I don't see that happening. The only changes he's going to make are probably replacing Weigman if he retires this year and maybe getting a more physical guy in for Hamilton. I doubt that happens this year since we have to many defensive issues to focus on, so Hamilton might be gone next year, but I've never cared for his game anyway.

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM

Did he eat at The Outback last night? Seems like it's going around....

Dutch
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
What has been reported to indicate that Turner is leaving? I'm thinking that they may be giving him the shot at moving up to the "Assistant Coach/Offensive Co-ordinator ground game" position that was held by Dennison. Would not suprise me at all to see Turner's name anounced as the coach of the ground game as Pat has repeatedly stated how impressed he was at the job Turner was able to do in spite of all the injuries at running back this season. Then when you factor in the shot Ricky D took at the Head Coaching position and didn't receive, it doesn't suprise me that he would look to move on. I remember everyone freaking when Alex Gibbs left and it turned out to be Dennison's turn. Could be the same situation here for Turner.

Cito Pelon
01-12-2009, 11:13 AM

Does turkey vomit bring marlin strikes? I know it doesn't bring trout. Mixed vegetable vomit, that's a winner for trout.

Rohirrim
01-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Everybody is all upset about Bates leaving Cutler. What about Dennison leaving Clady and Harris? I really hope Dennison, Bates and Turner stay.

baja
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Did he eat at The Outback last night? Seems like it's going around....

A pod of dolphins have been following the boat ever since the Dennison announcement, is this a sign?

Steve Prefontaine
01-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Everybody is all upset about Bates leaving Cutler. What about Dennison leaving Clady and Harris? I really hope Dennison, Bates and Turner stay.

I think people will be upset if any of those 3 leave. I know I will.

Steve Prefontaine
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I thought Bowlen said whoever he hires as head coache must keep Dennison, Bates, and Turner! Also, heard all 3 were already under contract with Denver?

Bowlen never said that the new HC had to keep them. It was more along the lines of he hoped they stayed on.

Mcdaniels might want to keep those coaches, but the coaches may want to leave. Bowlen said that anyone on the staff was permitted to look for opportunities elsewhere.

ward63
01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Per denverpost.... Looks like one will be gone.

Kaylore
01-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Maybe they want Dennison as the offensive coordinator. It's possible he's being looked at for a promotion.

Cito Pelon
01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
10-4, good buddy.

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Maybe they want Dennison as the offensive coordinator. It's possible he's being looked at for a promotion.

That wouldn't be a promotion. Technically, that's his title here.

Rock Chalk
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Someone said Bowlen allowed all remaining assistants to look for jobs elsewhere...??

Inkana7
01-12-2009, 02:28 PM
If we keep anyone, its Turner. Best in the business.

NYBronco
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Good-Bye. New start is needed. Bobby Turner is the only person I would like to see retained.

My thoughts as well.

WolfpackGuy
01-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, there goes the offensive line.
If Turner goes, you can kiss the running game goodbye as well.

chaz
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
That wouldn't be a promotion. Technically, that's his title here.

exactly...is he an asst. head coach too? because that would require a HC gig which I don't see him getting any time soon. That said, I don't know if McD will be keeping him so it might end up being a promotion from the unemployment line.

UberBroncoMan
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Nooooooooooooooo!!!

theAPAOps5
01-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Well, there goes the offensive line.
If Turner goes, you can kiss the running game goodbye as well.

How can you people watch the news when you nancy boys react like this. I mean every time something bad happens do you overreact and freak out like this?

jutang
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Man, it's funny how time changes things. When Gibbs left and Dennison was promoted to OL coach from ST, it was the end of the world. Now Dennison is seen in the same light as Kubiak and Turner. If Dennison leaves for a promotion, kudos and congrats for him. He's deserved it after forming the BEST OL in the NFL.

mr007
01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
How can you people watch the news when you nancy boys react like this. I mean every time something bad happens do you overreact and freak out like this? Jesus Christ grow a pair.

+1. People act like a few coaches go away and the players completely lose all their talent and things will go to hell. Someone will replace them and no one really knows for sure how good or bad it will be until it happens. People were just recently bitching about Dennison and how the OL would be much better with a different coach. Jeez.

lostknight
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Ouch. KOA just said "former Broncos OC Dennison" when talking about Dennison's interview with the 49ers. Chances are that Dennison was being groomed for replacing Mike, and when the organization decided to go outside, Mr. Dennison decided that his future lay elsewhere.

clint7
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Man, it's funny how time changes things. When Gibbs left and Dennison was promoted to OL coach from ST, it was the end of the world. Now Dennison is seen in the same light as Kubiak and Turner. If Dennison leaves for a promotion, kudos and congrats for him. He's deserved it after forming the BEST OL in the NFL.

Exactly. I remember so many people bashing Dennison for being a tool a few seasons ago. Now he's Vince Lombardi.

elsid13
01-12-2009, 03:22 PM
It very weird, because last year NE moved to ZBS to improve their run game. You would think that McD would like to keep the guys that perfected the system in place.