PDA

View Full Version : I gotta admit

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 10:17 PM
As much as I LOATHE the Shanahan firing (and still do), this is as solid a group of guys that I can imagine.

And with the offense stack, defensive FA loaded, draft picks up the ass...

Denver could literally be looking at a dynasty in 2 years time.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
welcome back...

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
welcome back...

Oh, eat a cock, traitor!

:)

Broncoman13
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
As much as I LOATHE the Shanahan firing (and still do), this is as solid a group of guys that I can imagine.

Atta-boy!!!

I'm really hoping that we keep Bates, Dennison, and Turner around... keeping fingers crossed!

There's another coach out there that knows the 3-4 really well and is excellent with LBs. Hoping he comes back to Denver!

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Atta-boy!!!

I'm really hoping that we keep Bates, Dennison, and Turner around... keeping fingers crossed!

There's another coach out there that knows the 3-4 really well and is excellent with LBs. Hoping he comes back to Denver!

What's the ****ing atta-boy?

It's certainly not an HC upgrade, but the staff on the whole is extremely solid.

wolf754life
this is a refreshing time to be a bronco fan, bowlen shook it up baby, shook it all the way up!

nolan will be screaming and reaming that D, waaay less missed tackles, waaay more heart, good stuff coming guys!

Bronx33
Oh, eat a cock, traitor!

See folks this is how jar heads say thanks.

lex
01-11-2009, 10:24 PM

LOL, yeah, lets bet the farm on 2 5ths.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM

Mr negativity is here.

Hallside
01-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I agree.

McDaniels: Best offensive mind of the last three years.

Goodman: Best Draft Day GM of the last three years.

Nolan and Capers: Two of the elite 3-4 coaches in this league.

Bowlen really is transforming this team in an exciting way and this is coming form a Shanahan loyalist!

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 10:26 PM

Only mildly more silly than betting the farm on 2 4ths, eh?

Brandon Marshall and Elvis say hi.

ludo21
01-11-2009, 10:27 PM
I like the surrounding staff as well.

Especially if McD. and Dennison/Bates/Turner get along well, we are set offensively and unison stays there.

Defensively if reports are true of Nolan and Capers, that is solid.

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Here's my train of thought:

With Nolan and Capers, our D just jumped 10 ranks without touching personnel. Add to that, some solid FA's that know their **** should be jumping to play for them.

Honestly, if McDaniel's on the job training doesn't butt-**** our O (and it WON'T unless he fires Dennison and Bates), this team is primed to go hardcore deep.

lex
01-11-2009, 10:30 PM
This team is rudderless. That mickey mouse screen 30 times a game will get old as will running a majority of our running plays out of the shot gun. Why did this have to happen, Pat. Why couldnt you have just stuck with the Glenfiddich?

Blart
01-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm with you.

I hated losing Shanahan more than I hated losing Plummer, but I don't give up on the Broncos. I'm optimistic, especially with Nolan.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Look lex blart has more balls than you Bwwwwwaaaahahahaaa!!

jhat01
01-11-2009, 10:34 PM
This team is rudderless. That mickey mouse screen 30 times a game will get old as will running a majority of our running plays out of the shot gun. Why did this have to happen, Pat. Why couldnt you have just stuck with the Glenfiddich?

Pat is the rudder! haha

lex
01-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Glenfiddich is the rudder! haha

Fixed

rugbythug
01-11-2009, 10:42 PM

You are talking about 2008. We have a new coach now it should change.

lex
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM

No. Thats just it. That screen that everyone bitched about is more beloved by Joshua.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM

Just let him go..

Broncoman13
01-11-2009, 10:47 PM
What's the ****ing atta-boy?

It's certainly not an HC upgrade, but the staff on the whole is extremely solid.

You stopped being Lex Jr. for a minute, kind of refreshing to see one of my favorite posters come out of the "I'm a little biatch" hole. It's alright dude, happens to the best of them sometimes.

Popps
01-11-2009, 10:49 PM

:thumbs:

BroncoMan4ever
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
does this mean we have seen the last of those piece of **** screens every other play?

GOD I HOPE SO!!!!

lex
01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
does this mean we have seen the last of those piece of **** screens every other play?

GOD I HOPE SO!!!!

No. Its quite the opposite. Running those screens 30 times a game is where Welker is so productive. And whats worse is McDaniel runs out of the shot gun and not so much base formations, meaning he is using the pass to set up the run. Shanahan could run out of base formations.

broncolife
01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
No. Thats just it. That screen that everyone b****ed about is more beloved by Joshua.

The problem isnt that we used the screen, the problem is that we kept using it in a game over and over and over and over and over when it wasnt working.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM
The good news is rev can finally get some sleep..

baja
01-12-2009, 12:14 AM

Shanny mentioned you at the tamale stand

SoCalBronco
01-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Shanny mentioned you at the tamale stand

Baja, you still haven't told us how he likes his turkey sandwiches.

Mustard or Mayo?

TheReverend
01-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Let's hope they can all fully utilize their skills and play to the strengths of personnel so we don't end up in a big name, small output zone like Wash hiring Saunders

watermock
01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
It will take some time to get the 3/4 personel, we should be there by 2012, just in time for Niribu and the galactic plane to ruin our plans...

TheReverend
01-12-2009, 07:32 AM
It will take some time to get the 3/4 personel, we should be there by 2012, just in time for Niribu and the galactic plane to ruin our plans...

socalorado
01-12-2009, 07:36 AM

Hey. I think with FA, and the draft, DEN could get the 3-4 going in one year. ONe year.
Also, i think Bowlen will make some moves to trade for a player or two now.

FA 3-4 players
LB Bart Scott
DE Terrell Suggs
SS Jermaine Phillips

Others
FS OJ Atogwe
DT Albert Hayneworth

Theres a crap load of talent out there.

TheReverend
01-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Hey. I think with FA, and the draft, DEN could get the 3-4 going in one year. ONe year.
Also, i think Bowlen will make some moves to trade for a player or two now.

FA 3-4 players
LB Bart Scott
DE Terrell Suggs
SS Jermaine Phillips

Others
FS OJ Atogwe
DT Albert Hayneworth

Theres a crap load of talent out there.

They've got the money and the options to do whatever the **** they want to successfully.

Let's just hope they do it! If they go 3-4, I don't want them throwing money at Albert, though.

55CrushEm
01-12-2009, 07:41 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve Sewell
01-12-2009, 07:43 AM

Oh snap

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve Sewell
01-12-2009, 07:46 AM
No. Thats just it. That screen that everyone b****ed about is more beloved by Joshua.

The Pats go down field A LOT, especially when Brady was QB. I have a friend from high school who roomed with Brady for a summer while they were in college (this is while he was a backup at Michigan). Brady invited him up to his hotel the night before a Monday nighter in Denver a few years ago, and told him that they were going to go deep and torch our secondary...and lo and behold they did. Can't remember what year it was but they've shown a history of going down field with the ball.

Rabb
01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
I reckon we used the screens a lot to make up for a decimated running attack, but hey what do I know

TheReverend
01-12-2009, 08:07 AM
The Pats go down field A LOT, especially when Brady was QB. I have a friend from high school who roomed with Brady for a summer while they were in college (this is while he was a backup at Michigan). Brady invited him up to his hotel the night before a Monday nighter in Denver a few years ago, and told him that they were going to go deep and torch our secondary...and lo and behold they did. Can't remember what year it was but they've shown a history of going down field with the ball.

?

I think Brady's sole win over Denver came against the Danny Kannell lead team in 03 while Jake and Beuerlein were hurt.

I suppose the winning toss over Deltha was a "torch" but that's really the only pass I can remember remotely fitting that description.

Cito Pelon
01-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Rev, you remind me of some guy I saw on the World Series of Poker a couple years ago. One card comes out he screams "NO, NO, NO!" the next card comes out he screams "YES, YES, YES!"

TheReverend
01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Rev, you remind me of some guy I saw on the World Series of Poker a couple years ago. One card comes out he screams "NO, NO, NO!" the next card comes out he screams "YES, YES, YES!"

Honestly not sure where you make that connection.

I'd rather Mike were here, I've been pretty vocal about that for years. He's not and not getting rehired, I've been vocal that I realize this too. Simply put, I like the staff they've assembled moving forward. That's all.

Chris
01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
?

I think Brady's sole win over Denver came against the Danny Kannell lead team in 03 while Jake and Beuerlein were hurt.

I suppose the winning toss over Deltha was a "torch" but that's really the only pass I can remember remotely fitting that description.

Still one of our most aggravating losses in reg season history for me. But yes, I don't remember them "torching" us on any consistent basis.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 10:35 AM
See, it wasn't ALL negativity. lol

bowtown
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I agree.

McDaniels: Best offensive mind of the last three years.

Goodman: Best Out-of-Work Draft Day GM of the last three years.

Nolan and Capers: Two of the elite 3-4 coaches in this league.

Bowlen really is transforming this team in an exciting way and this is coming form a Shanahan loyalist!

Fixed it for you.

Hotrod
10-21-2009, 10:44 AM
I'd just like to add that I hate every ****ing one of you assholes in this thread.

Thats really all I have to say :)

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Fixed it for you.

Didn't we find out this past off-season that Bowlen pays at least a year for the people he removes from his staff?

Goodman's probably taking a paid vacation and gearing up to come back to work with Mike, imo.

Hotrod
10-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Just to clarify and to be fair I hate everyone that posts in this thread in the future also.

Hotrod
10-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Didn't we find out this past off-season that Bowlen pays at least a year for the people he removes from his staff?

Goodman's probably taking a paid vacation and gearing up to come back to work with Mike, imo.

I think Shannys whole contract is guaranteed unless he gets a new deal then it becomes void.

Dude is getting paid good $ to play golf with Baja in Mexico.

TonyR
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
this team is rudderless.

lol!

bowtown
10-21-2009, 11:14 AM

He probably is. Plus he was let go so late in the game that he never really had a chance to latch on somewhere else. My "fixed" post was not trying to imply that he sucked for being out of work, merely that he was no longer with this "dynasty." :)

DemonEagles
10-21-2009, 11:35 AM
stuff

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Eldorado
10-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Huh...Tailgate must have missed this thread.

lex
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM
lol!

That statement was 100% correct. Pat lied or backtracked on a number of things he had previously said. At that time, Goodman was the GM and then a month later he wasnt. And no the good start hasnt validated anything where that was concerned.

bowtown
10-21-2009, 11:55 AM
That statement was 100% correct. Pat lied or backtracked on a number of things he had previously said. At that time, Goodman was the GM and then a month later he wasnt. And no the good start hasnt validated anything where that was concerned.

But it has made you seem like more of an ass for continuing to whine and obsess about it.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Huh...Tailgate must have missed this thread.

Eh, there was a whole lot of negativity that came after this thread.

I had interesting off-season timeline, really.

1. Despised Shanahan Firing

2. Wanted McD and loved the hire

3. Loved the defensive staff he put together

4. Did not like the offensive staff

5. Fired goodmans (start of turning point)

6. Cutler drama finished it

7. Cured with wins. Apology offered.

Hotrod
10-21-2009, 11:59 AM

http://www.topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/angrynote.jpg

vancejohnson82
10-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I can't believe there is still discord around here....remembering why I stepped away for a while in the first place

this team is so hard not to like

bowtown
10-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I can't believe there is still discord around here....remembering why I stepped away for a while in the first place

this team is so hard not to like

I don't remember any official threads about you taking a break... how am I supposed to believe this?

vancejohnson82
10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't remember any official threads about you taking a break... how am I supposed to believe this?

haha....I left quietly and with a touch of class....the same way I hope to return one glorious day

maybe I'll officially make my return after the bye week...for now I'm having too much fun feeling positive and mushy inside...it took about three threads worth of reading for me to realize that some people here with absolutely NEVER be happy with this team and the organization

nice to see that guys like Rev turned around though

bowtown
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
haha....I left quietly and with a touch of class....the same way I hope to return one glorious day

maybe I'll officially make my return after the bye week...for now I'm having too much fun feeling positive and mushy inside...it took about three threads worth of reading for me to realize that some people here with absolutely NEVER be happy with this team and the organization

Well Josh McDaniels really got in his face yesterday in one of these threads and told him what's what.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM

Welcome back vance.

Well Josh McDaniels really got in his face yesterday in one of these threads and told him what's what.

This. I sure got "ridden hard"

eddie mac
10-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Let's hope the majority get paid employment next season and that Shanahan/His new employer does not **** Bowlen over by taking a minimum salary from his new team with us making up the difference.

Could mean upwards of near $10m that is in dire need of use on current expiring contracts.

Hotrod
10-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Let's hope the majority get paid employment next season and that Shanahan/His new employer does not **** Bowlen over by taking a minimum salary from his new team with us making up the difference.

Could mean upwards of near $10m that is in dire need of use on current expiring contracts.

I thought Shannys contract becomes void once/if he gets a new gig.

OBF1
10-21-2009, 12:32 PM

Now it comes clear why you had been acting like a child douchebag, Pat Bowlen took away your shanny and you response was pouting for 9 months and to use name calling as your way of venting.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I thought Shannys contract becomes void once/if he gets a new gig.

I'm under the same understanding of it that eddie is. I made a joke earlier that Mike will take a job for 5 years 30 million, with all of the money coming in the back 3 seasons.

Could damn well be wrong though.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Now it comes clear why you had been acting like a child douchebag, Pat Bowlen took away your shanny and you response was pouting for 9 months and to use name calling as your way of venting.

Something like that... but it took you that long to figure out I liked Shanahan...?

BroncoBuff
10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I made a joke earlier that Mike will take a job for 5 years 30 million, with all of the money coming in the back 3 seasons.

Could damn well be wrong though.

That would be an unusual employment contract, or more specifically personal services contract. I've never worked with high-dollar, high profile deals like that, but in general such monetary contractual obligations are voided once the "purpose" of the deal - being a head coach - is realized elsewhere. So it seems to me McDortage is right: If Mike becomes a head coach elsewhere, his choice to take that new job or not (that's important), in that case Bowlen's money debt should void.

But if he takes a job as a coordinator or position coach or even college head coach, Bowlen owes him the difference.

There's also the issue of titles. Mike was "President" here, so if he doesn't get that title and power with his new job, he'll have a claim for compensation.

But again, I've never worked with such high profile deals, so there's a chance ... c h a n c e , I could be wrong .... ::)

Kaylore
10-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Once again, the idea that Bowlen said the GM would have all power and then backtracked is all BS. Go back to his freaking press conference. He said "I don't anticipate the new coach will do both, but that decision will be made after discussing it with all parties."

He also said no change to the Goodmans, but that was before son-of-Goodman got butthurt he was passed over for Xanders and walked out. Bowlen and Jim Goodman agreed it would be best if both moved on after the son freaked out. That's not on Bowlen, that's on the Goodman's.

Bronx33
10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
See, it wasn't ALL negativity. lol

Oh, eat a cock, traitor!

:clown:

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh, eat a cock, traitor!

:clown:

http://i29.tinypic.com/21jqhc1.jpg

Bronx33
10-21-2009, 03:50 PM
How would you feel if the broncos were 4-2 or even 3 and 3? just curious.

TheReverend
10-21-2009, 03:57 PM
How would you feel if the broncos were 4-2 or even 3 and 3? just curious.

Depends on which games.

Right now we COULD be 4-2 pretty easily. After the performance of the team and Orton vs the Pats was the deciding game for me, whether we had won or lost.

Now had we lost all the last three and played like crap, yeah sure I wouldn't be too happy right now, but I'd be surprised if many would be.

baja
10-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Depends on which games.

Right now we COULD be 4-2 pretty easily. After the performance of the team and Orton vs the Pats was the deciding game for me,<b> whether we had won or lost.</b>

Now had we lost all the last three and played like crap, yeah sure I wouldn't be too happy right now, but I'd be surprised if many would be.

Ya It was at that point I think a lot of us said to ourselves, "hey win or lose this is a hell of a team"

azbroncfan
10-21-2009, 04:57 PM

How many bubble screens has Denver ran this year? Maybe one a game? It will be nice when they get that going with what they got going.