PDA

View Full Version : Talk me off the cliff....

ludo21
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Why is McD a good choice for us to hire?

Will a staff of Nolan/Capers (and others obviously) be capable to listen to a punk kid?

I am warming up to the idea because of the news of Nolan, but tell me why I should back away from the edge..

This thread should be used to put up stats of these guys btw..

jhat01
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
get it over with and jump

tsiguy96
01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
because look at our offense last year, look how many points we left on the field. we have a very patriots-esque offensive personnel, hes gonna make it awesome. sit back and enjoy the ride, dont worry about stuff like this that you cant control :)

Taco John
Stats don't actually matter. I could give you some great Mangini stats, and look how that turned out.

What matters is that McDaniels is our head coach - he's a Bronco now. The best thing to do is support him, and watch what he does come March (free agency), April (the draft) and beyond...

Bronx33
I have beer don't jump....

jhat01
Stats don't actually matter. I could give you some great Mangini stats, and look how that turned out.

What matters is that McDaniels is our head coach - he's a Bronco now. The best thing to do is support him, and watch what he does come March (free agency), April (the draft) and beyond...

Indeed

Chris
01-11-2009, 09:19 PM
blart will make out with you

ludo21
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I have beer don't jump....

Thats the only stat I need. :thumbs:

Orange_Beard
01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Jump.

DivineLegion
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Jermy Bates Called all of the plays this season with Mikes final approval and started off with succsess only measurable with the 07 NE Patriots, wich Bates admited he immulated. Mike couldent get past his buddy buddy relationship with Slowick and found himself a 20 million dollar beggar while Pat went on to find a new Patton to lead his troops. Pat stumbled upon the brilliant mind who sucsessfuly coached Tom Terriffic to record statistics and Matt Cassell a career backup to 4 400 yard games in one season.

Mike Nolan was the predosessor and tudor of Rex Ryan in Baltimore and helped maintain the the Defensive Tradition that has kept the Ravens afloat for the last 10 years. Nolan has bounced around the league breaking in as the Broncos linebackers coach from 87-92 making stops in Washington (DC) where he had a hand in drafting and coaching rookie Champ Bailey, NY, and finnaly as head coach of the 49ers where he tried to revitalize a franchise in cap hell and totaly disaray.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Jermy Bates Called all of the plays this season with Mikes final approval and started off with succsess only measurable with the 07 NE Patriots, wich Bates admited he immulated. Mike couldent get past his buddy buddy relationship with Slowick and found himself a 20 million dollar beggar while Pat went on to find a new Patton to lead his troops. Pat stumbled upon the brilliant mind who sucsessfuly coached Tom Terriffic to record statistics and Matt Cassell a career backup to 4 400 yard games in one season.

Mike Nolan was the predosessor and tudor of Rex Ryan in Baltimore and helped maintain the the Defensive Tradition that has kept the Ravens afloat for the last 10 years. Nolan has bounced around the league breaking in as the Broncos linebackers coach from 87-92 making stops in Washington (DC) where he had a hand in drafting and coaching rookie Champ Bailey, NY, and finnaly as head coach of the 49ers where he tried to revitalize a franchise in cap hell and totaly disaray.

Me thinks marshall,royal and stokley better put on their work boots cause hell is comin to town.

Crushaholic
01-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Why is McD a good choice for us to hire?

Will a staff of Nolan/Capers (and others obviously) be capable to listen to a punk kid?

I am warming up to the idea because of the news of Nolan, but tell me why I should back away from the edge..

This thread should be used to put up stats of these guys btw..

If they want a job...yes...

I'd be willing to bet that they have more respect for what McDaniels has accomplished than you think. Bowlen was very thorough...TOO thorough for some of the more impatient posters on this board...

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Easy. You see McDaniels had the best plan. He blew Bowlen away. He told him I will be your HC and you won't doubt it and here is why. I will keep bates because I recognize he is a great asset to this team. But the real problem lies on defense. So I will bring in Mike Nolan a proven defensive coach and have Dom Capers on the staff another proven coach. See I understand that true leaders surround themselves with great talent.

Bowlen walked out like a guy in the 9th grade covering his hard on. He had to play cool so he didn't have to over pay. On the flight home I am sure he rubbed one out and said. He may not be Shanahan in his hay day but damn this kid gets it.

Now step away from the ledge Ludo. Its going to be fun.

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 09:49 PM
blart will make out with you

I thought the goal of this thread was to disincentivize him from jumping?

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Easy. You see McDaniels had the best plan. He blew Bowlen away. He told him I will be your HC and you won't doubt it and here is why. I will keep bates because I recognize he is a great asset to this team. But the real problem lies on defense. So I will bring in Mike Nolan a proven defensive coach and have Dom Capers on the staff another proven coach. See I understand that true leaders surround themselves with great talent.

Bowlen walked out like a guy in the 9th grade covering his hard on. He had to play cool so he didn't have to over pay. On the flight home I am sure he rubbed one out and said. He may not be Shanahan in his hay day but damn this kid gets it.

Now step away from the ledge Ludo. Its going to be fun.

I think he also said he would paint ( get the **** out of town ) on the back of slowiks SUV when he goes to the airport. ;D

ludo21
01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Great points guys.

I have no doubt that Bowlen was thorough. Just seems odd to take a risk on Mike Shanahan jr. type guy when we had the real deal already.

Obviously I have to get off this notion that he is a shanny jr. and think of him as his own person.

I hope it works, and am glad that he has hired some great talent around him to help. A leader definitely invites helpful hands and he has a great one in Nolan, and the existing staff if he keeps them.

rovolution
01-11-2009, 09:57 PM

Rex Ryan and Cam Cameron had no problems listening to a much younger John Harbaugh

Hallside
01-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Here's why I think hiring McDaniels makes perfect sense:

Pat Bowlen knows offensive innovation isn't the problem--in fact it's the only thing keeping an otherwise lackluster team competitive. But, something (Bowlen thinks) is still wrong, something has gone stale in Denver, but he never wants to lose the offensive genius.

In that case, the only rational reaction is to get rid of the offensive genius whose message/leadership had gotten stale and replace him with a fresh offensive genius.

I'm not saying that's exactly how it went down, I'm just saying that it's completely plausible to say that Bowlen's actions are rational--even genius.

Having said all that, I was and am a Shanahan supporter, but the McDaniels era will be great too.

Also, I think McDaniels was the league's best offensive mind for the last three years. Goodman's drafts have been the best in the league since '06 and Nolan and Capers will make our D sick. On top of that, we have lots of draft picks and cap space, so the new guys can turn this team into whatever they want.

The Broncos are being reshaped in exciting ways.

tsiguy96
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Rex Ryan and Cam Cameron had no problems listening to a much younger John Harbaugh

harbaugh assembled a great staff who are good at what they do, when you assemble a great staff there is very little oversight needed, which is what the HC does. in part anyway.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
harbaugh assembled a great staff who are good at what they do, when you assemble a great staff there is very little oversight needed, which is what the HC does. in part anyway.

Exactly, and that is why McDaniels got the job. He had the best plan with the best staff!

ColoradoDarin
01-11-2009, 10:17 PM
get it over with and jump

might as well jump

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yyo1MP5D6XY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yyo1MP5D6XY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BroncoMan4ever
01-11-2009, 10:26 PM
My only concern is, will we abandon being a running team? i would really prefer to get a good RB and have a balanced offense, that could take pressure off of Jay and help him mature.

with NE it is possible to be a passing team almost completely because by the time that type of offense came to be with them, Brady was already in about his 6th season and matured in the NFL. so far Jay is still young and learning the NFL and it would be an asset to have a RB or running game that could take some pressure off him.