PDA

View Full Version : Lets get this out of the way, Mcdaniels is not just an offensive coach

DeusExManning
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
For all the people griping about needing a defensive coach, think first. Mcdaniels was a secondary coach with the Patriots first (helping Troy Brown). He has a back ground in both. His offensive system is a perfect fit for our offensive personnell. Overall defensive coaches do not guarantee a better defense, look at Wade Phillips, once they start focusing on everything else the defense falters. Spags might have been good, but I like offensive coaches. I like the youth. Do not look at the other Belichick assistants as a gauge. Mcdaniels has been a true understudy.

I like it.

Sodak
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Now what are you going to do with your screen name?

Popps
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
For all the people griping about needing a defensive coach, think first. Mcdaniels was a secondary coach with the Patriots first (helping Troy Brown). He has a back ground in both. His offensive system is a perfect fit for our offensive personnell. Overall defensive coaches do not guarantee a better defense, look at Wade Phillips, once they start focusing on everything else the defense falters. Spags might have been good, but I like offensive coaches. I like the youth. Do not look at the other Belichick assistants as a gauge. Mcdaniels has been a true understudy.

I like it.

Fair enough point, and an interesting slant on things.

I would have preferred a defensive choice, but I DO love the fact that this kid has been groomed in a winning organization. Shanahan basically said he learned how to win in SF. This kid should know a thing or two about it from his experience in NE.

I'm excited. I want to see what we do on D, but I'm still excited.

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
You guys don't understand. I am sure McDaniels is a competent coach, but I don't like the fact we joined hands with Satan (Belichick). I hate their ways. I hate their dink n dunk offense.

This move is a punch to the gut to a fan who hated everything Patriots.

DeusExManning
01-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Now what are you going to do with your screen name?

I have not decided yet.

Sodak
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Will he dump the WCO and zone blocking??????

I don't know if I like that idea. Now, what about Bates? The guy did a decent job.

Drama.

ludo21
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
ill dink and dunk all the way to EZ if we have to.

bowtown
01-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I hate their dink n dunk offense.

It's official, people throw the term dink n dunk offense out anytime they want to say something bad but have nothing factual to actually say. Please explain to me what is dink n dunk about the 2007 New England Patriots offence?

Rock Chalk
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
It's official, people throw the term dink n dunk offense out anytime they want to say something bad but have nothing factual to actually say. Please explain to me what is dink n dunk about the 2007 New England Patriots offence?

Nothing.

But then, we dont have Randy Moss to throw toss up balls to either. We do have a version of Wes only better in Royal, but Marshall is no Moss (when Moss decides to play). He's not even close.

Spider
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
History all over again , i will say this , Bowlen is very consistent ......Niners were the king of Dink and dun offense when Shanny was there ........ I cant hate the Pats , not after the tuck ....... watching them ripping the hearts out of Raider fans ;D

BroncoMan4ever
01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Nothing.

But then, we dont have Randy Moss to throw toss up balls to either. We do have a version of Wes only better in Royal, but Marshall is no Moss (when Moss decides to play). He's not even close.

actually, Chad Jackson is a possibility to handle the deep routes.

Inkana7
01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Nothing.

But he's still very, very good.

bowtown
01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
actually, Chad Jackson is a possibility to handle the deep routes.

Yeah, because McDaniels clearly found him so usefull on his last team.

Blart
01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
History all over again , i will say this , Bowlen is very consistent ......Niners were the king of Dink and dun offense when Shanny was there ........ I cant hate the Pats , not after the tuck ....... watching them ripping the hearts out of Raider fans ;D

You're right, Broncos fans have no reason to hate the pats. We regularly beat them, both in regular season and playoffs. The tuck rule, and the tomlinson boo-hoo-hoo are just icing on the cake.

lex
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
McDaniels is not just an offensive head coach...he's also an accomplished Final Fantasy player.

I like it. It should go on his bio.

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 09:46 PM

While it's a successful offense, I don't like some of the crap the Patriots do. Those horizontal swing passes, WR screens and 3 yard button hooks that Charlie Weis made a killing off totally disgust me.

It works and it's brilliant, but I am speaking from a purely entertainment perspective.

Shanahan = Jedi

Belichick = Sith

Objectively speaking, what the Patriots do is genius, but I don't like it. I hate the Patriots and their filth. I am pissed off it infiltrated Dove Valley.

DeusExManning
01-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Will he dump the WCO and zone blocking??????

I don't know if I like that idea. Now, what about Bates? The guy did a decent job.

Drama.

Patriots run the zone blocking scheme as well, just a few other options mixed in.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 10:40 PM
While it's a successful offense, I don't like some of the crap the Patriots do. Those horizontal swing passes, WR screens and 3 yard button hooks that Charlie Weis made a killing off totally disgust me.

It works and it's brilliant, but I am speaking from a purely entertainment perspective.

Shanahan = Jedi Master

Belichick = Sith Lord

McDaniels= Sith

Objectively speaking, what the Patriots do is genius, but I don't like it. I hate the Patriots and their filth. I am pissed off it infiltrated Dove Valley.

Fixed ;D