PDA

View Full Version : If Capers is the DC....

Ray Finkle
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone feel one way or another on this? I haven't been to impressed by his work.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Post says it will be Capers. He's gotten the job done as a DC, it's irrelevant what he's done as a HC.

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I would rather have someone else, but after reading it appears he can run either the 4-3 or 3-4.

I'll be happier if he keeps the 4-3.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
If HC record was any indiction on worthiness of a DC, then LeBeau should have been out of the league a long ass time ago.

Killericon
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I'd much rather NOT have a 3-4.

TonyR
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
If HC record was any indiction on worthiness of a DC, then LeBeau should have been out of the league a long ass time ago.

Yep, and the same with Wade Phillips.

Rock Chalk
Anyone feel one way or another on this? I haven't been to impressed by his work.

IF Capers is the DC I will be more disappointed than thehriing of McDaniels to be honest.

I dont like the McD hiring, but if he somehow knows enough good defensive people to bring in then it might be OK. I doubt it, but it might. However, if he brings in Capers, McD wont have a job for more than 3 years in Denver, gauranteed.

NASurfer
Just play good defense. I could care less if it came out of the 1-10.

Rock Chalk
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Post says it will be Capers. He's gotten the job done as a DC, it's irrelevant what he's done as a HC.

How come he is not a DC right now manu?

I dont like Dom Capers. He is about equal to Ray rhodes as a DC, but he's nothing special.

Br0nc0Buster
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Eh I am not too thrilled with Capers, but he must of done something good to warrant 2 head coaching gigs

montrose
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
He's a great DC. The Broncos are moving to the 3-4 guys and gals!

TonyR
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Someone on another thread posted a good article about Capers.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/04/a_taste_of_capers/

I like this part:

The 58-year-old Capers, who has 22 years of NFL coaching experience, has twice been a head coach - with the Carolina Panthers (1995-98) and Houston Texans (2001-05) - and is regarded as one of the league's most successful defensive coordinators, could be to Belichick what Belichick was to Bill Parcells: a self-sufficient assistant and coaching confidant whose influence and impact goes well beyond his job title.

Taco John
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
If we started running the 1-10, I'd be pretty pissed.

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Capers is a proven, experienced DC...that would not be bad.

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
3-4 = bye bye to quite a few current Broncos. In all likelyhood Dumervil/Moss/Thomas/Boss Bailey even Woodyard may be on their way.

TonyR
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Here's more from that article linked above:

In 2006 with Saban, Capers coaxed the Dolphins defense to a No. 4 rating in total defense, and Jason Taylor won NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors.

While both Belichick and Capers are considered masters of the 3-4, Capers is known to favor more of a blitzing, attacking style that won his Pittsburgh defenses the moniker of "Blitzburgh." However, former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who hired Capers in 1992, said he doesn't think Belichick, Pees, and Capers will have any problems collaborating.

titan
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/04/a_taste_of_capers/

I like this part:

The 58-year-old Capers, who has 22 years of NFL coaching experience, has twice been a head coach - with the Carolina Panthers (1995-98) and Houston Texans (2001-05) - and is regarded as one of the league's most successful defensive coordinators, could be to Belichick what Belichick was to Bill Parcells: a self-sufficient assistant and coaching confidant whose influence and impact goes well beyond his job title.

Yeah, I posted that link on the other thread. I like the Capers pick. From this article:

"While both Belichick and Capers are considered masters of the 3-4, Capers is known to favor more of a blitzing, attacking style that won his Pittsburgh defenses the moniker of "Blitzburgh." However, former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who hired Capers in 1992, said he doesn't think Belichick, Pees, and Capers will have any problems collaborating.

"Dom is real serious. He likes to focus every day on football. He dreams about it. He's a guy that is meticulous with detail," said Cowher. "He's a very even-keel guy. Attention to detail is his greatest strength. He is unbelievably prepared. I think with his experience and Bill's expertise, it is a very easy marriage from that standpoint."

===

Any defensive system that emphasizes pressure on the qb through blitzes is ok with me.

Jens1893
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Or Norv Turner, although he was an OC.

Dudeskey
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
sounds like we need a NT. Moss to OLB?

Drek
3-4 = bye bye to quite a few current Broncos. In all likelyhood Dumervil/Moss/Thomas/Boss Bailey even Woodyard may be on their way.

Not like there is much talent in the front seven to worry about losing.

Capers has been a stand out defensive mind everywhere he's been. He gets himself into trouble when he needs to call the offense or make personnel decisions, but as a defensive guy, installing a system, coaching talent up to the system, and running the system on game day? There hasn't been a whole lot of guys better over the last two decades.

Ratboy
I hope we stick with a 4-3 too.

NASurfer
If we started running the 1-10, I'd be pretty pissed.
LOL

A little extreme but I'm just concerned with fielding a good defense. 4-3, 3-4 they both work in this league.

DenverBrit
Capers is a proven, experienced DC...that would not be bad.

Exactly.

Slowic was promoted way beyond his level of competence.....a 'Peter Principal' case study.

Br0nc0Buster
01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I posted that link on the other thread. I like the Capers pick. From this article:

"While both Belichick and Capers are considered masters of the 3-4, Capers is known to favor more of a blitzing, attacking style that won his Pittsburgh defenses the moniker of "Blitzburgh." However, former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who hired Capers in 1992, said he doesn't think Belichick, Pees, and Capers will have any problems collaborating.

"Dom is real serious. He likes to focus every day on football. He dreams about it. He's a guy that is meticulous with detail," said Cowher. "He's a very even-keel guy. Attention to detail is his greatest strength. He is unbelievably prepared. I think with his experience and Bill's expertise, it is a very easy marriage from that standpoint."

===

Any defensive system that emphasizes pressure on the qb through blitzes is ok with me.

Engleberger is prolly steaming right now.
Aggressive defenses are NOT what he signed up for!!!

orange crusher
I would be pleased with Capers as DC. We're just about as far away from a good 4-3 as we are a good 3-4. I could see us running a hybrid 3-4/4-3 for a year until we are able to get the pieces together, but I think Capers is very capable.

TonyR
Yeah, I posted that link on the other thread.

Thanks for posting. Good article and sold me on Capers, although I'm a little concerned about 3-4 since we don't have the players for it. Not that we were all that great in the 4-3...

ludo21
01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
hello 3-4!! Since our D is nothing at the moment it doesnt really matter.

Broncoman13
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Exactly Ludo. The 3-4 actually puts Moss and/or Dumervil in a better position to succeed. IMO, Dumervil is very similar to Suggs. I think he'll do great in the 3-4 if that is the route we go!

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Capers ran the 4-3 in Miami and Pittsburgh, didn't he?

Br0nc0Buster
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM

I dont think so

Well I think he might of done it with the Phins

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Exactly Ludo. The 3-4 actually puts Moss and/or Dumervil in a better position to succeed. IMO, Dumervil is very similar to Suggs. I think he'll do great in the 3-4 if that is the route we go!

Oskie you seem to forget that Doom is 6 foot nothing. He'd struggle at OLB IMO especially in coverage. Nothing more than a situational player in a 3-4 which is what most coaches in the NFL think he should be in the first place.

Crowder's a player who will blossom in this defense IMO at WDE. He was a terrible fit for our 4-3 defense whatever the hell scheme it was.

i4jelway7
01-11-2009, 08:42 PM
YUCK

Here is hoping McDonald's & Dom Deluise are fired a lot sooner than later...

Shame on Bowlen for letting Spags get away... shame.. shame.. shame... in 3yrs no one will know these coaches names... especially on the defensive side... Dom who?

TheDave
01-11-2009, 08:44 PM
IF capers is really the guy, I hope he knows of a NT that he can bring in. Because we don't have one and with out it the 3-4 is useless.

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 08:46 PM
IMO, Dumervil is very similar to Suggs.

Dude.....I'm going to have to bust out that analogy I left you in rep, again, although substituting Moss and Kiwi for Doom and Suggs. This is like beyond homer. We don't have the words in the english language to describe this.

:)

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 08:47 PM
At least it'll be the most exciting offseason around here for a while. A switch to a new system plus a new HC means plenty of player movement in and out.

BJ Raji come on down.

titan
01-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I googled on Capers and found an excerpt from an old article when he was D-coordinator of pittsburgh:

"Dom Capers is responsible for the creation of the Pittsburgh steel-curtain-like defense. It utilizes the 3-4 alignment with 4 roaming linebackers. This blend of different blitzing tactics and great talent among the players, this defense has put Dom Capers among the few great minds of professional football. It also earned Pittsburgh a trip to the Super Bowl, as well as a new head coaching job for Dom Capers with the expansion Carolina Panthers who stunned the football world last year by overtaking the perennial winners San Francisco 49ers.

"We present a kind of unique problem to the offense in that those four guys [the four linebackers] are all going to be a full-time deal for a back," said the former defensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers LeBeau "It’s very difficult for an offensive coach to design a protection. The back’s got to block one of those guys, and it becomes a chess match as to what protection they’re in as to what pressure we’re bringing."

Normally, if you live by the blitz, you die by it," said John Teerlinck, former Detroit Lions assistant head coach. "But Pittsburgh has the people in the secondary to run the receivers. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better secondary in football."

When they move into their dime defense with six defensive backs and four down linemen, the Steelers used their hard-hitting defensive backs close to the line of scrimmage in the slot. That way, they can either cover the wide receiver or they are close enough, fast enough and big enough to blitz the quarterback.

Thus, when the Steelers go into their dime defense, the offense faces a perplexing combination that looks like this: the middle linebacker moves to the right outside rush spot and the right linebacker moves to the the left linebacker position with two down linemen between them. The left linebacker moves to the middle linebacker position. A Corner and a safety are near the line of scrimmage, in the slot positions. Any or all of them can blitz.

They challenge you," Houston coach Jeff Fisher said, "challenge offenses mentally and physically with their ability to provide different links and their ability to pressure the quaterback."

"Pittsburgh," Teerlinck said, "has every blitz known to man."

=====

Now Capers was Pittsburgh's D-Coordinator in the early 90's but it does give you an idea of what we may see in his Denver D. Sounds like a better version of Coyer (and if we had a Coyer like blitzing defense this year, with our offense, we're in the playoffs easy)

Dudeskey
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM

Miami, he ran the 3-4... That was when he moved Jason Taylor to OLB

Inkana7
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Miami, he ran the 3-4... That was when he moved Jason Taylor to OLB

He ran a hybrid, utilizing Jason Taylor in many different ways. I'd gander to say they were 60/40 3-4 and 4-3.

TheDave
01-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Now Capers was Pittsburgh's D-Coordinator in the early 90's but it does give you an idea of what we may see in his Denver D. Sounds like a better version of Coyer (and if we had a Coyer like blitzing defense this year, with our offense, we're in the playoffs easy)

Yeah it sounds great... Unfortunately our front 7 does not resemble anything close the Pitt in the 90's

I believe their Linebackers were Gildon, Greene, Kirkland, and lloyd...

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 08:51 PM
At least it'll be the most exciting offseason around here for a while. A switch to a new system plus a new HC means plenty of player movement in and out.

BJ Raji come on down.

Excellent insight. If they're going to stick with what Capers usually does, which is the 3-4, one would think that they would have to zero in on Raji at 12.

Drek
01-11-2009, 08:55 PM

3-4 in Pittsburgh at least.

orange crusher
01-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Oskie you seem to forget that Doom is 6 foot nothing. He'd struggle at OLB IMO especially in coverage. Nothing more than a situational player in a 3-4 which is what most coaches in the NFL think he should be in the first place.

Crowder's a player who will blossom in this defense IMO at WDE. He was a terrible fit for our 4-3 defense whatever the hell scheme it was.

James Harrison is listed at 6 foot nothing and he seems to be a pretty fair 3-4 OLB. Oh wait, he was the NFL defensive MVP.

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Excellent insight. If they're going to stick with what Capers usually does, which is the 3-4, one would think that they would have to zero in on Raji at 12.

They'll most likely target him at 12 or move down a few spots and go for someone like Tyson Jackson in the 2nd rd to play SDE and Crowder at WDE.

Here's some FA targets we'd be looking at for Capers' 3-4

SDEs
1. Chris Canty
2. Dwan Edwards
3. Antonio Smith
4. Victor Adeyanju(RFA)
5. Shaun Cody

NTs
1. Albert Haynesworth
2. Grady Jackson
3. Anthony Montgomery (RFA)
4. Tank Johnson
5. Gabe Watson (RFA)

SLBs
1. Terrell Suggs
2. Karlos Dansby
3. Rashad Jeanty(RFA)
4. Darryl Blackstock
5. Quentin Moses

FSs
1. Oshi Atogwe
2. James Sanders
3. Brian Dawkins
4. Mike Brown
5. Eugene Wilson

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
James Harrison is listed at 6 foot nothing and he seems to be a pretty fair 3-4 OLB. Oh wait, he was the NFL defensive MVP.

Maybe I focused on the height issue too much but he'd have to be able to cover a RB/TE in this system. I dunno if he could muster that.

TheDave
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM

Maybe they can grab ron brace in the 2nd-3rd and use 12 on a new OLB... Either way they better hit on a LOT of their picks this year.

BroncoInferno
01-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Capers is a proven guy, but I would assume we'd be switching to a 3-4. That will require quite an overhaul of personnel that could take awhile. Then again, it's not like the cupboard was full to begin with.

orange crusher
01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Maybe I focused on the height issue too much but he'd have to be able to cover a RB/TE in this system. I dunno if he could muster that.

That's the part that bothers me about Dum being at OLB too.

Popcorn Sutton
01-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Not to be negative but Harrison's arms are bigger than Dumervil's legs... Dume is a good speed rusher but he'll never be what Harrison is.

RhymesayersDU
01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Man, hopefully Capers brings Deltha with him.

Popcorn Sutton
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Capers is a proven guy, but I would assume we'd be switching to a 3-4. That will require quite an overhaul of personnel that could take awhile. Then again, it's not like the cupboard was full to begin with.

Agreed. It's not like we are scrapping a lot of proven players who've been in this system for years. The Defense has been a turnstyle and I'm all for a 3-4 "Blitzburgh" style defensive system.

Br0nc0Buster
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Well he does have really long arms.
That is one reason for his success.
So maybe he can bat some balls with those paws

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 09:06 PM

I think Jarvis Moss would be a far better option at OLB in a 3-4 system especially one that reeks of Patriotism, whenever their outside LB's are all 260lb plus.

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Man, hopefully Capers brings Deltha with him.

I'd guarantee he brings James Sanders though and he'd be a 1 million percent upgrade at FS over anything we have.

broncogary
Well he does have really long arms.
That is one reason for his success.
So maybe he can bat some balls with those paws

That ought to bring them to their knees. Ha!

SoCalBronco
I think Jarvis Moss would be a far better option at OLB in a 3-4 system especially one that reeks of Patriotism, whenever their outside LB's are all 260lb plus.

Jarvis Moss would be a far better option on the street.

TheDave
01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Can DJ play ILB in this system?

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM

He could but we'd need a thumper ILB to play alongside him.

RhymesayersDU
Jarvis Moss would be a far better option on the street.

Just because you hate Florida players!

But yeah, that pick was retarded. And we traded up to get him. Sigh.

RhymesayersDU
I'd guarantee he brings James Sanders though and he'd be a 1 million percent upgrade at FS over anything we have.

Fair enough... But you or I would have an upgrade at FS at this point.

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 09:10 PM

As with any other person we would ask to play 3-4 ILB, it would depend on whether the NT can wreak havoc on the GCG combination. He might also be asked to be a 3-4 WOLB, not sure.

TheDave
He could but we'd need a thumper ILB to play alongside him.

Larsen?... ;D

eddie mac
According to some Pat fans I know, Capers has improved their young cornerbacks no end. Wheatley and Wilhite have really come on since Capers took them under his wing.

bombquixote
01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
To put this in perspective for all you curmudgeons:

We just replaced Bob Slowik with Dom Capers.

How's that?

SoDak Bronco
01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
spikes looks like a 3-4 lb the way florida had him rushing the passer...thoughts?

Inkana7
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
We didn't replace anyone yet. Nothing is for sure. Hell, the Broncos haven't even confirmed we've hired McDaniels yet!

eddie mac
To put this in perspective for all you curmudgeons:

We just replaced Bob Slowik with Dom Capers.

How's that?

1 million times better.:giggle:

BroncoInferno
He might also be asked to be a 3-4 WOLB, not sure.

I don't think he really has the size or natural pass rushing skills to play WOLB in a 3-4.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
As with any other person we would ask to play 3-4 ILB, it would depend on whether the NT can wreak havoc on the GCG combination. He might also be asked to be a 3-4 WOLB, not sure.

Where are we going to get a NT that can allow us to run the 3-4 by start of 2009 season?

Won't it take at least 2 -3 years to retool the personell to run a 3-4?

I don't mind the Mickey D hire at HC but Capers really scares me.

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Where are we going to get a NT that can allow us to run the 3-4 by start of 2009 season?

Won't it take at least 2 -3 years to retool the personell to run a 3-4?

I don't mind the Mickey D hire at HC but Capers really scares me.

We can get the personnel okay via FA/draft but it'll take some time to fine tune our existing players who'll have to move to new positions. The good part about it is we dont have much to improve on considering we were ****ing awful last year on defense.;D

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I watched a couple old Orange Crush games recently.

They got great pressure from the 3 DL. We can't get any with our current DL.

Plus we have 1 LB that would start on any other team. A young unproven backup WILL, 1 scrub SAM that has bounced around and is someones brother and 2 LB's that started and were outplayed by some guy named Hagen or something.

Add the fact that we need 2 safeties I again ask how we can retool for 3-4 and be competitive in 2-3 years?

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't think he really has the size or natural pass rushing skills to play WOLB in a 3-4.

Well...he looked alot better as a pass rusher this year, I think he had like 2.5 sacks in his first 7 games. Obviously, that's still nowhere near premier pass rushing 3-4 numbers. Mostly the slot had to do with the fact that he was roughly the same size (physically) as Dumervil. Although he could also be on the inside.

If they want to try it, they could give Moss another shot and have him and Doom be the OLBs and have DJ and WW on the inside. They'd need a big, mean SOB like B.J. Raji at 12 though for their NT to make it work, as eddie mac has noted.

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 09:37 PM

B.J. Raji is a large disruptive run stuffing DT who is projected as a classic 3-4 NT. He's also a good pass rusher (or at least improved in that area his senior year). He's projected to go off the board around where we are picking, so that could be the guy.

TheDave
01-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Plus we have 1 LB that would start on any other team. A young unproven backup WILL, 1 scrub SAM that has bounced around and is someones brother and 2 LB's that started and were outplayed by some guy named Hagen or something.

Add the fact that we need 2 safeties I again ask how we can retool for 3-4 and be competitive in 2-3 years?

Unfortunately EVERYTHING hinges on us getting a dominant NT... without that the rest of the front 7 won't matter much.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 09:38 PM
We can get the personnel okay via FA/draft but it'll take some time to fine tune our existing players who'll have to move to new positions. The good part about it is we dont have much to improve on considering we were ****ing awful last year on defense.;D

I forgot about the learning curve for the existing guys! That scares me even more!

TheDave
01-11-2009, 09:38 PM
B.J. Raji is a large disruptive run stuffing DT who is projected as a classic 3-4 NT. He's also a good pass rusher (or at least improved in that area his senior year). He's projected to go off the board around where we are picking, so that could be the guy.

Excellent and in 2-3 years he will be ready... We need a FA NT right away.

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I am now firmly convinced that Raji absolutely has to be the pick at 12 for this Capers 3-4. He just has to be there.

Drek
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM

If Capers really is the new DC then Raji (or Terrance Cody if he comes out) just became my #1 desire for the first rounder.

Rohirrim
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I've always liked the 3-4, being a big Orange Crush fan. ;D Seems a pretty big reach for the personnel the Broncos have now. Capers has been around a long time. I doubt he'd just come in and try to force a square peg into a round hole. I really would have preferred Romeo come in if we were going to switch over. Of course, this defense is pretty much just wreckage at this point so any improvement is a good thing. To see a working 3-4 in Denver again would be sweet. But they'd have to switch to the burnt orange jerseys.

DivineLegion
01-11-2009, 09:43 PM

I like this part:

4th with Nick Saban calling the plays to worst calling the plays on his own after Cam Cameron took over (1-15 32nd in the league). NO THANKS

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Excellent and in 2-3 years he will be ready... We need a FA NT right away.

And LB's that can blitz.

This team has not put together a pass rush since Keith Traylor left and we are going to pull a 3-4 NT out of our ass?

I hope the dude Socal mentioned is there. I was hoping they would go Safety in 1st round but looks like it back to DL and LB...

Maybe they really do move Champ to FS and start Bell?

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I am now firmly convinced that Raji absolutely has to be the pick at 12 for this Capers 3-4. He just has to be there.

What is the backup plan?

4-4-3 hybrid again in 2009?

LOL

orange crusher
01-11-2009, 09:47 PM

We're missing as many pieces for an effective 4-3. As you stated, we can't get pressure from our current DL, we have one linebacker that that would start on any other team, and we need two safeties. Why would it take longer to become competitive running the 3-4 vs. the 4-3 when we have so many needs either way?

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 09:49 PM
What is the backup plan?

http://history.nasa.gov/SP-350/i7-2a.jpg

Failure is not an option.

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
We dropped the damn ball last year when Jenkins was available. Instead we went for the cheap option in Robertson and by the looks of it if we go 3-4 he'll be right back where he started in NY.

fdf
01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I've always liked the 3-4, being a big Orange Crush fan. ;D Seems a pretty big reach for the personnel the Broncos have now. Capers has been around a long time. I doubt he'd just come in and try to force a square peg into a round hole. I really would have preferred Romeo come in if we were going to switch over. Of course, this defense is pretty much just wreckage at this point so any improvement is a good thing. To see a working 3-4 in Denver again would be sweet. But they'd have to switch to the burnt orange jerseys.

I'd love to get back to the 3-4. It was by far the best D denver ever had. If there was ever a time to throw the defense away and start over, it is now. It's too bad we collapsed on D just as the O was turning into a machine. Hopefully, we can assemble the pieces to get the D up to average in a couple of years. If so, we have a contender on our hands for maybe a year before Marshall and his class start leaving or costing huge amounts of money.

Just having a defense that prevented a score on 1/2 of all the opponents drives would be a huge plus, given our ability to score. And, God grant us a defense that can hold on a couple of third downs in the fourth quarter.

fdf
01-11-2009, 10:45 PM
What is the backup plan?

4-4-3 hybrid again in 2009?

LOL

Last years D could have run an 11-0 and teams would still average 6 yards a run.