PDA

View Full Version : Are You Happy With The McDaniels Hire?

frerottenextelway
01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Poll coming.... shortly

jhat01
01-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Yep

BroncoBuff
01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Depends on DC .... but basically, Yep.

TonyR
I was a Spags guy but I'm behind this hire. I hope they bring in Sean McDermott from Philly so we have two, hungry young coaches and a Jim Johnson disciple running the D.

ludo21
Too young and comes from a line of over rated coaches under Bellicheat.

No.

Ill trust the Board who hired him that they made the right move with the options available, but canning Shanny was not the answer if this move is what comes from that. UGh

lex
Theres no option for me. No isnt strong enough. Where is "Id like to ram a horseshoe through Pat Bowlens eye"?

Hallside
Yes. I'd rather have Shanahan, but I wanted McDaniels from the start.

frerottenextelway
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Yep from me. At least he was the only one on the list I wouldn't have been pissed over.

dbfan4life
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm leaning on the side of nope. Offense was not entirely the problem. The only positive is that this guy might be able to turn RZ FG's into TD's.

Rock Chalk
01-11-2009, 07:57 PM
No, because we basically just hired a more inexperienced Shanahan.

What's the point? The offense wasn't broke and I have no faith that a 32 year old KID has enough connections in the NFL to get the right defensive assistants in here to fix what was broke.

The good news is, he wont be here long. I hope he has great success but the track record of former New England assistants is pretty piss poor.

phillybroncosnut
01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Can't vote.... Need a "gonna be patient and let the plan take place" option.

I wanted Spags though.

footstepsfrom#27
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm OK with it since Bowlen didn't just jump at a DC thinking he's the savior but Urban Meyer was the right choice IMO...though maybe he wouldn't have come here. Of the guys on their list, I had him ranked 1st or 2nd behind Spags.

theedge111
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
**** yeah :) this is awesome news!!!

Bronco X
01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not thrilled. It might turn out well but I'll be uneasy til there are signs that they are going to fix what's really ailing the Broncos: defense.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I thought anyone could do better than Shanny.

If they hired Oprah I would be expecting a SB in 2009.

I am glad we stayed in Bowlens wheelhouse and hired a young assistant that has had SB experience.

If he sucks I get my season tix quicker, if he wins We all win.

Popps
01-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm definitely confused, here.

Wouldn't say I'm disappointed. These guys have been groomed in winning organizations. Shanahan came from this exact kind of environment. But, I'm a little worried about their clout, defensively. The other kid sounds like a fine secondary coach, but our real problem is in the front seven. Can a couple of young guys, one an offensive mind, fix these massive problems we have?

Who knows, but it's a new day rising and I'm excited.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Yep from me too...he's an innovative offensive mind (that also has some d experience) and learned from one of the best. His hire clearly does not mean defense will be ignored, so no one should bitch about that.

TheManeMan
01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I'll embrace him as the new coach, just like everybody else should. He's young, has a great mind, and should work well with Cutler and the offense for years to come. The defense will get fixed, thats a given, there is no way Denver can repeat this seasons performance again, it can only move up from now...and if he brings in Mcdermott as the DC, i'll embrace him as well. Time for a new reign in Denver!

2KBack
01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
not who I wanted, but if he can reenergise the franshise and the players, I'll be fine with it. i'm also curious if this guy is smart/balanced enough to pick right right guys for the defensive staff. I still think Denver is better suited to stay in a 4-3 alignment. I admit, the rumors of Capers are what turned me off. I'll reserve judgement until i see who's running the defense, especially the front 7.

Sassy
01-11-2009, 08:06 PM

What's the point? The offense wasn't broke and I have no faith that a 32 year old KID has enough connections in the NFL to get the right defensive assistants in here to fix what was broke.

The good news is, he wont be here long. I hope he has great success but the track record of former New England assistants is pretty piss poor.

Exactly!

Gcver2ver3
01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
like many on here...

it depends on the DC hire...

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
1. I want to see whether he'll keep the offensive staff.
2. I want to see whether he'll keep the run game system...I understand he has his own pass offense and that's fine and good....I think actually from an article last year, Bates said they modeled alot of their spread stuff this year from the Patriots, so from that perspective things probably won't be too different.
3. I want to see who is his DC.
4. I want to see how the triangular relationship works between himself, Bates and Cutler and how he addresses it this offseason.
5. I want to see him articulate specific offseason plans for improving the team.

I don't believe swapping a 32 year old kid for a HOF offensive mind results in a net gain for this team, but I will reserve judgment until I get answers to these questions.

Rohirrim
01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
A big nugatory for me. I want defense, defense, defense. Bringing in another offensive wunderkind doesn't do it for me. But I'm an optimist. I'll keep a good thought.

BroncoInferno
You can't really argue with McDaniels results the last two seasons. A record setting offense in 2007 and then in 2008 maintains a solid offense with a QB who had not started since high school. I'd rather have kept Shanahan, but if he bring in a good defensive staff headed by someone like McDermott, I will be happy given the circumstances.

lex
I'll embrace him as the new coach, just like everybody else should. He's young, has a great mind, and should work well with Cutler and the offense for years to come. The defense will get fixed, thats a given, there is no way Denver can repeat this seasons performance again, it can only move up from now...and if he brings in Mcdermott as the DC, i'll embrace him as well. Time for a new reign in Denver!

No thats not a given. Yorue either high or stupid. Its the biggest problem with a team and Pat hires an offensive coach...a 32 year old at that. Its a major **** up by Pat and, no, there is no entitlement to fan support.

spdirty
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
hell while we're at it lets just go ahead and draft moreno or wells with that 12th pick, so we can TOTALLY be like the 2003 Chiefs.

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm happy with it.

Br0nc0Buster
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
hell while we're at it lets just go ahead and draft moreno or wells with that 12th pick, so we can TOTALLY be like the 2003 Chiefs.

Well they did go 13-3 and get a 1st round bye.
Im just saying if we could do that it would be a big leap from where we are now

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't like the hire. I hate the Patriots and anything associated with that franchise. That's my lone reason.

Rock Chalk
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Well they did go 13-3 and get a 1st round bye.
Im just saying if we could do that it would be a big leap from where we are now

And a first round exit. So we would be pretty much par for the course since our SB wins.

TheManeMan
No thats not a given. Yorue either high or stupid. Its the biggest problem with a team and Pat hires an offensive coach...a 32 year old at that. Its a major **** up by Pat and, no, there is no entitlement to fan support.

Is that your response to everybody you dont agree with?!?

**** off dude, you're the lamest dude on this board. Some people are excited for this hire, for you to come in blast everybody for having their opinion is bogus! Defense was worst in the league last year lex, there is NO WAY it'll be 32th again...I'll bet you a hundred bucks on that!

lookin' glass
Count me in at 50/50. I was pulling for Spags but we'll see. Views stated for the negative - too young, Joe 'The Marketer' Ellis heavily involved, Bellicheat system or young innovator. Views for the positive - cheap, more flexible concerning the retention of Turner/Bates/Dennison et al, development of Matt Cassel.

DeusExManning
Mcdaniels has also coached defense, he is the best all around coach and a perfect fit for our offensive system. Do not look at the other Belichick coaches, Mcdaniels has been the only true understudy.

Rohirrim
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
BOWLEN! YOU GUTLESS DRUNK!

Ha!

Blart
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I just learned about it by reading this thread so I don't have an opinion yet

macdds
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
For me the jury is still out pending the retention of the offensive team of Dennison/Turner/Bates and the DC. Would it surprise anyone to knwo that the final four teams standing rank 2,3,4 and 14 defensively and 11,12,13 and 20 offensively. It is apparent to me that the old saying that defense wins championships. Our "O" was 8 and "missing D" 32. We won't make the final 8, 4 or 2 without getting our Orange Crush back and getting into the top 10.

Dudeskey
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I was a Spags guy but I'm behind this hire. I hope they bring in Sean McDermott from Philly so we have two, hungry young coaches and a Jim Johnson disciple running the D.

I share the same sentiment...

Br0nc0Buster
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
And a first round exit. So we would be pretty much par for the course since our SB wins.

Getting knocked out in the divisional round would still be an improvement for us right meow.
Baby steps...

colonelbeef
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Not really. If this was the Lions, I would be psyched. We traded the best offensive mind in the game for a guy who might be one of the best eventually. Any way you look at it, it is a downgrade.

Kid A
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Theres no option for me. No isnt strong enough. Where is "Id like to ram a horseshoe through Pat Bowlens eye"?

Are you familiar with the concept of "self-parody"? Because this is what you are quickly becoming.

Blart
01-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Ok, my first thought is that Bowlen is trying to get the old Shanahan back.

Spider
01-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I don know yet ......But i will give the guy a chance ........

Pick Six
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't like the hire. I hate the Patriots and anything associated with that franchise. That's my lone reason.

Remember, Shanahan came from the ranks of the Raiders. It will be fine...

lookin' glass
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
If Capers is the DC then I don't like the hiring. If the FO wanted a fresh approach McDermott would have been the better DC choice.

listopencil
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Nope.

I didn't want a "young offensive-minded coach".

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Remember, Shanahan came from the ranks of the Raiders. It will be fine...

Different scenarios. Shanahan was originally a Bronco. He was always one of the good guys.

i4jelway7
01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I threw up in my mouth and swallowed it

enuff said

Hallside
01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
McDaniels/Goodman give us the best offensive mind and the best Draft Day GM of the last 3 years.

tsiguy96
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
you idiots who voted no need to get realistic, he is gonna be our coach for awhile so either get on board or get out. this team needs fans, not pansies whiners who are never satisfied.

lex
01-11-2009, 09:51 PM
McDaniels/Goodman give us the best offensive mind and the best Draft Day GM of the last 3 years.

No he's not. He hasnt demonstrated the ability to generate a running game without resorting to spreading the field and running out of the shot gun. If he cant run out of base formations then he's not Shanahans equal. We were a dominant running game away from being a great offense and now we get that stupid rinky dink WR screen 30 times a game out of the SG setting up the run.

lex
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
you idiots who voted no need to get realistic, he is gonna be our coach for awhile so either get on board or get out. this team needs fans, not pansies whiners who are never satisfied.

I am a fan and thats why I cant support this. Because Im a fan, i have to wait out this era, though. In the meantime, Ill boo. I have enough invested to do that. Bowlen has his stadium. Neither he, nor the coach are entitled to blind adulation. McDaniels is on the spot as of right now.

chawknz
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Yup!

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
I am a fan and thats why I cant support this. Because Im a fan, i have to wait out this era, though. In the meantime, Ill boo. I have enough invested to do that. Bowlen has his stadium. Neither he, nor the coach are entitled to blind adulation. McDaniels is on the spot as of right now.

Ha nearly 70% disagree with your pathetic bitch as takes. Go root on the chargers you little queer.

Steve Prefontaine
01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm ok with the pick, but I would have preferred Spags.

I will be more excited if they bring in a competent DC.

Mediator12
01-11-2009, 10:08 PM
No he's not. He hasnt demonstrated the ability to generate a running game without resorting to spreading the field and running out of the shot gun. If he cant run out of base formations then he's not Shanahans equal. We were a dominant running game away from being a great offense and now we get that stupid rinky dink WR screen 30 times a game out of the SG setting up the run.

You know what, Shut up if you have not seen NE play this year. It's one thing to not like the hire, but you keep shouting all kinds of bad information that is baseless on their offense the last two years. You are over generalizing to try and make a point and its crap. I saw every game NE played this year and their offense evolved as the year wore on. NE was 6th in yards rushing in 2008, not bad for a pass happy OC!

Matt Cassell was a backup who had not made an NFL level read until this year and McDaniels completely scrapped their 2007 offense and made it flourish in 2008 with a QB who was learning on the job. That offense played better than DEN's overrated group in DEC this year with their season on the line, with a Backup QB and third string RB playing in some games. How would YOU be succesful and build with Patrick Ramsey playing in that offense since game one in DEN when Cutler was already struggling down the stretch?

McDaniels is young and he is not a known name. That is NOT a good reason to dislike the hire. His effficiency with that depleted offense this year was WAY better than Shanahan did with his.

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I have gotten over my hate for the Patriots.

I love the hire. Next year Denver's offense will be averaging 40 points per game. It's going to eventually be the greatest offensive machine to ever step foot on a gridiron.

By year 3, I think Denver could be averaging 50 points and 475 yards per contest.

lex
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
You know what, Shut up if you have not seen NE play this year. It's one thing to not like the hire, but you keep shouting all kinds of bad information that is baseless on their offense the last two years. You are over generalizing to try and make a point and its crap. I saw every game NE played this year and their offense evolved as the year wore on. NE was 6th in yards rushing in 2008, not bad for a pass happy OC!

Matt Cassell was a backup who had not made an NFL level read until this year and McDaniels completely scrapped their 2007 offense and made it flourish in 2008 with a QB who was learning on the job. That offense played better than DEN's overrated group in DEC this year with their season on the line, with a Backup QB and third string RB playing in some games. How would YOU be succesful and build with Patrick Ramsey playing in that offense since game one in DEN when Cutler was already struggling down the stretch?

McDaniels is young and he is not a known name. That is NOT a good reason to dislike the hire. His effficiency with that depleted offense this year was WAY better than Shanahan did with his.

I know NE ran the ball this year. They had to because of a novice QB. Ive already acknowledged that. But he did it by spreading the field and setting up the run with that rinky dink screen that he ran like 30 times a game. He didnt exactly run the ball out of base formations like Shanahan did/could. It was artificially generated through gimmicry. He hasnt established that he can run out of base formations.

Broncoman13
01-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I know NE ran the ball this year. They had to because of a novice QB. Ive already acknowledged that. But he did it by spreading the field and setting up the run with that rinky dink screen that he ran like 30 times a game. He didnt exactly run the ball out of base formations like Shanahan did/could. It was artificially generated through gimmicry. He hasnt established that he can run out of base formations.

You are bitching for the sake of bitching. You're essentially saying that he had to improvise and make adjustments to run the ball effectively. You don't want a coach that is capable of making those sorts of adjustments? Man you are a tool.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Thank you great point! Lex is a bitch don't let the little guy get under your skin.

wolf754life
01-11-2009, 10:41 PM
lex is the new wolf

lex hates mcD

like wolf hated shannasplat

Mediator12
01-11-2009, 10:41 PM

So, you are admitting that NE has the only variation of the spread offense in the NFL that can actually run the ball and be successful the majority of the time? How is this a bad thing, how is this a problem ;D

Seriously lex, give it up. NE was just as injured or more than DEN with Brady and their top RB's hurt all season . McDaniels was not so tied to a "system" that he could not make it change in season and make it work better down the stretch with the Division and postseason on the line. McDaniels adapted and overcame the adversity this year that no one thought they could. EVERYONE said that offense was a product of Brady the last few years, but with no Brady they still ended up better in every category offensively than DEN's supposed "elite" offense, except passing yards. They also played better when it mattered most and peaked in DEC, unlike DEN who struggled mightily with everything on the line and a 3 game lead.

The thing that gets me is the lack of objectivity over Shanahan's last few years in DEN. The offense was mediocre the last 3 years and it failed when faced with adversity. It started after the overachieving 2006 AFCCG team got smoked, and while rebuilt heavily with great personnel it was mediocre again down the stretch this year. In fact, they were darn average and wildly inconsistent after they surprised everyone the first 3 games. As Good as a Coach as Mike Shanahan IS, he was not getting performance out of his players even when the division tanked and tried to hand it to him.

AZBroncomaniac
01-11-2009, 10:48 PM

I know he ran the ball!!! B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but, he didn't do it how Shanahan would do it!!!

lex
01-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I know he ran the ball!!! B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but, he didn't do it how Shanahan would do it!!!

Thats right. He has to resort to gimmicry. Its bad enough watching this in college football. Running it out of the SG means the running back is gettin the ball running parallel to the LOS much of the time.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 10:50 PM
All the idiots who are freaking out should sit back and watch. See a true leader isn't made by age or time. Its made by someone who surrounds themselves with the brightest and best. McDaniels obviously had a plan to bring in a great DC in Nolan and another assistant in Capers. Thats what HEAD COACHES do they bring in great talent.

See Spags is a great COORDINATOR but I guarantee you he didn't have this plan!

GREAT HIRE

lex
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
So, you are admitting that NE has the only variation of the spread offense in the NFL that can actually run the ball and be successful the majority of the time? How is this a bad thing, how is this a problem ;D

Seriously lex, give it up. NE was just as injured or more than DEN with Brady and their top RB's hurt all season . McDaniels was not so tied to a "system" that he could not make it change in season and make it work better down the stretch with the Division and postseason on the line. McDaniels adapted and overcame the adversity this year that no one thought they could. EVERYONE said that offense was a product of Brady the last few years, but with no Brady they still ended up better in every category offensively than DEN's supposed "elite" offense, except passing yards. They also played better when it mattered most and peaked in DEC, unlike DEN who struggled mightily with everything on the line and a 3 game lead.

The thing that gets me is the lack of objectivity over Shanahan's last few years in DEN. The offense was mediocre the last 3 years and it failed when faced with adversity. It started after the overachieving 2006 AFCCG team got smoked, and while rebuilt heavily with great personnel it was mediocre again down the stretch this year. In fact, they were darn average and wildly inconsistent after they surprised everyone the first 3 games. As Good as a Coach as Mike Shanahan IS, he was not getting performance out of his players even when the division tanked and tried to hand it to him.

Its a bad thing because he is using the pass to set up the run. Shanahan's method didnt require the threat of the pass to dictate the run yet he could still run effectively. Even in running, McDaniels rushing attack is still pass happy because the run flows through the pass.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
70% disagree with Lex. But then again the dumb ass though Clady was a horrid move.

Can't repeat this enough. If Lex thinks its bad then they made the right move. Because Lex knows nothing about football.

Mediator12
01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Its a bad thing because he is using the pass to set up the run. Shanahan's method didnt require the threat of the pass to dictate the run yet he could still run effectively. Even in running, McDaniels rushing attack is still pass happy because the run flows through the pass.

The problem with that is your philosophy. Your position assumes that the run sets up the pass. The NFL changed from being a run to set up the pass scheme years ago when Joe Gibbs left the Redskins the FIRST time. Name an elite offense over a 3 year period that was run based the whole time in the 2000's. Seriously. Try. DEN has not seen one since Terrell Davis's Knee injury.

In fact, Shanahan's offenses have failed miserably to run the ball in the playoffs in the 2000's. Not one 100 yard rusher, 3 rushing TD's in 5 games, 3.8 YPC! The run failed them, and they could not pass without it. They were set up to be PA passing and without the run, they failed to produce.

That style of offense is "old School", and even the PIT team of 2005 was balanced versus Run oriented. BAL was the only team to win a SB under your philosophy and they had a top 3 all-time Defense that year. The new offenses are balanced, but are pass oriented. Forgive me if I find your philosophy out of date, but DEN's running game is not what it once was, and the NFL is not either.

baja
01-11-2009, 11:48 PM

The thing that gets me is the lack of objectivity over Shanahan's last few years in DEN. The offense was mediocre the last 3 years and it failed when faced with adversity. It started after the overachieving 2006 AFCCG team got smoked, and while rebuilt heavily with great personnel it was mediocre again down the stretch this year. In fact, they were darn average and wildly inconsistent after they surprised everyone the first 3 games. <b> As Good as a Coach as Mike Shanahan IS, he was not getting performance out of his players even when the division tanked and tried to hand it to him.

That's what I have been seeing for a while and it became really obvious when Al Wilson left. Shanny lost the team several seasons ago. Bowlen has guts and just made a great hire with the Nolan factor complementing McDaniel.

Popps
01-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Just voted yes after hearing of these D-coaches that may come in...

http://ottawainvestmentadvisor.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/kool-aid.jpg

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
70% disagree with Lex. But then again the dumb ass though Clady was a horrid move.

Can't repeat this enough. If Lex thinks its bad then they made the right move. Because Lex knows nothing about football.

Wow! that's going to leave a mark.

TheReverend
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
You got some 'splainin to do Alec!

BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://judicial-inc.biz/812gui19.jpg

BMarsh615
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I didn't vote in this poll, but I remember I wasn't a big fan of hiring McDaniels. Actually Jason Garrett and Josh McDaniels were #1 and #2 on my coaches I didn't want list.

TheDave
10-22-2009, 01:32 PM
See, I've always been down with McDaniels... ;D

SureShot
10-22-2009, 01:32 PM

D'oh

Mr. Elway
10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
lex is the new wolf

lex hates mcD

like wolf hated shannasplat

This was the most accurate prediction in the thread.

TheReverend
10-22-2009, 01:36 PM
D'oh

Honestly... it's like Adam/Alec/Rock Chalk and I switched usernames when the Cutler drama went down.

OABB
10-22-2009, 01:42 PM
More Lex awesomeness..

Hated clady, check

Hated MCD, check

Said Kobe never hit a big shot in his career, check

my god we should have an "OFficial Lex vs. Bobo prediction thread"

Dukes
10-22-2009, 01:49 PM

I take more pleasure in you being wrong than anyone else.

lex
10-22-2009, 01:51 PM
This was the most accurate prediction in the thread.

My biggest grievance was and is with Bowlen. The apprehensions I had about the offense have been assuaged by the draft and the fact that the offense has a definite increased dedication to balance. I still like the old offense better but its not like Shanahan was really dedicated to balance like in the olden days

lex
10-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I take more pleasure in you being wrong than anyone else.

So Bowlen didnt lie? He hasnt bitched about the economics of football in spite of his team being valued at over a billion dollars (I think he paid 60 million back in the 80s)? Bowlen didnt threaten to move the team if he didnt get a stadium? Its amazing that throughout the whole Cutler ordeal, Bowlen was as culpable as anyone and yet he would continuously get a pass. People refuse to look at his warts.

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 02:01 PM
My biggest grievance was and is with Bowlen. The apprehensions I had about the offense have been assuaged by the draft and the fact that the offense has a definite increased dedication to balance. I still like the old offense better but its not like Shanahan was really dedicated to balance like in the olden days

It seems you had a little hate for MCD after all..

Originally Posted by lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallside
McDaniels/Goodman give us the best offensive mind and the best Draft Day GM of the last 3 years

Your response:

Now just admit you jumped off the boat and were wrong.

UberBroncoMan
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
This board is filled with ****ing necros.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Depends on DC .... but basically, Yep.

^^^

3rd post in the thread. By me ... :thanku:

baja
10-22-2009, 02:32 PM
^^^

Do enough searching and you can find a post of yours agreeing to everything...

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Do enough searching and you can find a post of yours agreeing to everything...

I disagree.

Hater.

This kind of upsets your whole "Buff is a traitor" narrative, eh? :~ohyah!:

Mr. Elway
10-22-2009, 02:42 PM

The parallel I see between you and Wolf is that when either of you drops the negativity your posts are both really insightful, informative and interesting to read. But the other 95% is just unbearable because you are so hellbent on ripping the team somehow. It's a free country though.

Killericon
10-22-2009, 02:42 PM
^^^

http://www.gothschlampen.com/~tk/e-penis.jpg

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
This board is filled with ****ing necros.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBneRYOxMgk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBneRYOxMgk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

baja
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
I disagree.

Hater.

This kind of upsets your whole "Buff is a traitor" narrative, eh? :~ohyah!:

I don't think you are a traitor, I think you use your fairly good intellect to figure out which way the wind is blowing and step out in that direction. What's interesting is that same intellect does not allow for the likelihood of some of the others seeing what you are doing. Course there is always the possibility you don't realize you do this. ;D

broncosteven
10-22-2009, 03:20 PM
You know, in every bumped thread I have seen so far I haven't been quoted as hating on the franchise, HC, or QB unlike some Superfans in this thread.

If you think I am talking about you I am, you should get over it and we should be bud's again.

Deal?

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't think you are a traitor, I think you use your fairly good intellect to figure out which way the wind is blowing and step in that direction. What's interesting is that same intellect does not allow for the likelihood of some of the others seeing what you are doing. Course there is always the possibility you don't realize you do this. ;D

Sorry, but my fairly tiny intellect doesn't get this.

I thought I was more of a dissenter than a conformer ... ???

broncosteven
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM

From your TC reporting I would say that you tried to remain impartial and did not let your emotions taint your reports.

That is what is good about Kahn's, Socal's and BB's reports.

Montrose had great football stuff but he got carried away being a fan which is cool but if you are on the internets and can't go to TC because your neck and back won't let you travel you want the impartial stuff so that when you get to see the games on TV you know what to look for.

24champ or champ24: the dude who seemed to go EVERYDAY, the guy who didn't like kids at camp. Also had some great unbiased insite.

lex
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
It seems you had a little hate for MCD after all..

Originally Posted by lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallside
McDaniels/Goodman give us the best offensive mind and the best Draft Day GM of the last 3 years

Your response:

Now just admit you jumped off the boat and were wrong.

Yeah, I hate lining up in the shotgun over half the time and spinning the run off the one screen play. I saw NE do this numerous times. This was a huge concern of mine. But the funny thing is that a lot of what I was complaining about in terms of lacking balanced was addressed in the draft (Moreno and Quinn), but I was still reluctant to believe there would be a dedication to more balance considering McDaniels lost a SB this way. Im glad there has been the balance that there has. I wouldnt call it a great running game like I felt we would have had, had Shanahan not given into hubris but its still been a nice mix of run. One of the big reasons I wanted a defensive coach is because they tend to play offense thats more complimentary to the defense by emphasizing the run and I felt we were way too pass happy last year.

broncosteven
10-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I hate lining up in the shotgun over half the time and spinning the run off the one screen play. I saw NE do this numerous times. This was a huge concern of mine. But the funny thing is that a lot of what I was complaining about in terms of lacking balanced was addressed in the draft (Moreno and Quinn), but I was still reluctant to believe there would be a dedication to more balance considering McDaniels lost a SB this way. Im glad there has been the balance that there has. I wouldnt call it a great running game like I felt we would have had, had Shanahan not given into hubris but its still been a nice mix of run. One of the big reasons I wanted a defensive coach is because they tend to play offense thats more complimentary to the defense by emphasizing the run and I felt we were way too pass happy last year.

I think we got what we needed, a Young HC who wasn't worried about hiring a DC who had HC experience and letting him, for what I know, run the D while he focuses on the O and the rest of the team.

I think things are a lot worse if Nolan wasn't hired.

BTW I am HAPPY with the way the season has worked out.

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 04:01 PM

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4127/deflectionu.jpg

lostknight
10-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Of for God's sake, will you people stop bumping old threads in a pissing contest?

lex
10-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I think we got what we needed, a Young HC who wasn't worried about hiring a DC who had HC experience and letting him, for what I know, run the D while he focuses on the O and the rest of the team.

I think things are a lot worse if Nolan wasn't hired.

BTW I am HAPPY with the way the season has worked out.

One thing I kind of like now is that the old regime left behind a lot of nice talent and with McDaniels also being young, both the young talent and McDaniels are kind of getting on at the same floor. McDaniels' age can be a double edged sword but, if this goes well, its kind of cool to see Kuper, Marshall, Doom, etc kind of all be stakeholders in what will hopefully be a successful run. Id really like to keep our 06 guys together.

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Of for God's sake, will you people stop bumping old threads in a pissing contest?

For gods sake quit opening old threads and bumping them yet again!

dbfan4life
10-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Nope, wasn't a fan of the hire. I am now and that's what counts!

lex
10-22-2009, 04:20 PM

Pretty much. Once again, another case of someone making excuses in advance for things going bad claiming to be right. Nearly all the 'conformers' were making excuses like "change of scheme", etc.

Once again, if youre predicting failure by offering apologies in advance, you forfeit any right to talk **** now.

24champ
10-22-2009, 05:16 PM

BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/ruddwat.gif

listopencil
10-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Nope.

I didn't want a "young offensive-minded coach".

I can live with that comment. I didn't know how good Nolan really is. I also underestimated McD's impact on NE, and his knowledge/coaching ability. Looks to me like McD was a huge part of that team.

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 05:33 PM

Yes, I said that.

I dont remember saying that but apparently I did.

Dedhed
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM

Have you gotten your call to be an NFL adviser yet?

Ironlung
10-22-2009, 06:50 PM

God, you are an idiot. Pat B. would slap you like the b*tch that you are.

TonyR
10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
The defense will get fixed, thats a given...

There was one person who predicted it!

TonyR
10-22-2009, 07:22 PM

And then, true to form, lex responded and made a sad clown of himself. But he was never wrong. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

broncosteven
10-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Yes, I said that.

I dont remember saying that but apparently I did.

That is ok, I am perceived as saying a lot of things I didn't.

In the end it is all about the team on the field.

GO BRONCOS

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 07:43 PM

BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/what-choo-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
To be fair Rev,

I never claimed I wanted McD.

But once he decided Cutler sucked I knew he was a good coach. That's when I got on board.

theAPAOps5
10-22-2009, 08:11 PM
From your TC reporting I would say that you tried to remain impartial and did not let your emotions taint your reports.

That is what is good about Kahn's, Socal's and BB's reports.

Montrose had great football stuff but he got carried away being a fan which is cool but if you are on the internets and can't go to TC because your neck and back won't let you travel you want the impartial stuff so that when you get to see the games on TV you know what to look for.

24champ or champ24: the dude who seemed to go EVERYDAY, the guy who didn't like kids at camp. Also had some great unbiased insite.

Man you are so off its hilarious. Actually its borderline pathetic. Montrose actually was pretty dead on with what he was seeing and reporting but for some reason you have this need to attack him. I believe you also did the same thing with Oskie too.

You used some excuse about ambien and I bought off on it. But here you are again cocking off again.

Guess what BroncoBuff, SoCal, Oskie, Montrose, 24Champ, and anyone else were reporting on what they saw were unbiased and as accurate as possible. Its pathetic you continue to use this lame biased attack.

Maybe just read the reports and appreciate them as they are doing this for free.

broncosteven
10-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Man you are so off its hilarious. Actually its borderline pathetic. Montrose actually was pretty dead on with what he was seeing and reporting but for some reason you have this need to attack him. I believe you also did the same thing with Oskie too.

You used some excuse about ambien and I bought off on it. But here you are again cocking off again.

Guess what BroncoBuff, SoCal, Oskie, Montrose, 24Champ, and anyone else were reporting on what they saw were unbiased and as accurate as possible. Its pathetic you continue to use this lame biased attack.

Maybe just read the reports and appreciate them as they are doing this for free.

Check your PM box.

I didn't mean to say anything bad about Montrose. Maybe you are close to him and sensitive about anything I post about him.

If so sorry to both.

The PM will have everything else in it.

gunns
10-22-2009, 09:31 PM

Good call? LOL

I thought he said this crap because he was so picked on with his positive outlook on life? On January 11th?

lex
10-22-2009, 09:41 PM
God, you are an idiot. Pat B. would slap you like the b*tch that you are.

How many prairie dog pelts do you have on your living room wall?

You should just stick to tumbleweed soup. Thats what you know.

lex
10-22-2009, 09:45 PM
And then, true to form, lex responded and made a sad clown of himself. But he was never wrong. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

How many wins did you predict the team would have?

theAPAOps5
10-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Check your PM box.

I didn't mean to say anything bad about Montrose. Maybe you are close to him and sensitive about anything I post about him.

If so sorry to both.

The PM will have everything else in it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond in your PM. Sorry but I feel Montrose got a **** deal around here and was taken back when you called him a homer.

Anyways read the PM I sent back as it goes into full detail.

strafen
10-22-2009, 10:13 PM
god, you are an idiot. Pat b. Would slap you like the b*tch that you are.

lol!

Jason in LA
10-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I just voted "yep" ;D

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks for taking the time to respond in your PM. Sorry but I feel Montrose got a **** deal around here and was taken back when you called him a homer.

Montrose is a grown man. If his pussy got hurt over some words on a message board he needed a break period. Dude is a great Bronco fan but he's got serious life issues and needs to get those worked out.

If you voice your opinion on the message board, suck it up when people make fun of you for it, even if you are right.

If I were montrose id be in here rubbing all your punk ass faces in it, but then, Im not montrose, I can get laid.

theAPAOps5
10-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Montrose is a grown man. If his p***Y got hurt over some words on a message board he needed a break period. Dude is a great Bronco fan but he's got serious life issues and needs to get those worked out.

If you voice your opinion on the message board, suck it up when people make fun of you for it, even if you are right.

If I were montrose id be in here rubbing all your punk ass faces in it, but then, Im not montrose, I can get laid.

Well there isn't much I can say to argue against that. Much of which I told him in person. But I still feel he got a raw deal around here. But hey maybe thats just me!

I think I have used the term putting the pussy on a pedestal so much talking to him that I am being sued by the MPAA for copyright infringement from 40 year old virgin.

that said Montrose is too nice to rub it in and say I told you so.

hookemhess
10-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Montrose is a grown man. If his p***Y got hurt over some words on a message board he needed a break period. Dude is a great Bronco fan but he's got serious life issues and needs to get those worked out.

LOL

Seriously..... people take this internet message board thing waaaay too seriously sometimes. Talking to a shrink about a message board? Woww... I'm gonna go sword some sluts. Catch you guys later.

theAPAOps5
10-22-2009, 10:51 PM
LOL

Seriously..... people take this internet message board thing waaaay too seriously sometimes. Talking to a shrink about a message board? Woww... I'm gonna go sword some sluts. Catch you guys later.

Yeah that one I can't defend. Montrose is a friend but damn I cringed when he posted that.

hookemhess
10-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Well there isn't much I can say to argue against that. Much of which I told him in person. But I still feel he got a raw deal around here. But hey maybe thats just me!

I think I have used the term putting the p***Y on a pedestal so much talking to him that I am being sued by the MPAA for copyright infringement from 40 year old virgin.

that said Montrose is too nice to rub it in and say I told you so.

I think I used the term "putting the p***Y on a pedestal" and someone jumped on me because apparently they thought I was telling someone who was backing montrose up that they were putting him on a pedestal. When in reality I was just telling montrose to not stress over the tang, because it sure doesn't stress over you... just let it happen.

Rock Chalk
10-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Never met montrose, but dude had great football takes (except that Tom Brady thing, Orton is playing well but Id be SHOCKED if he ever threw 5 TDs in a quarter), I dont bag on him but I also dont pity the dude nor do I think he got a raw deal. He put his opinion out there and got criticized (turns out, unfairly) for it. What did he expect? Everyone to go happy happy joy joy to his football takes?

Hell, Mediator is probably the most knowledgeable of em all but not even he gets 100% agreement from the fans.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Never met montrose, but dude had great football takes (except that Tom Brady thing, Orton is playing well but Id be SHOCKED if he ever threw 5 TDs in a quarter), I dont bag on him but I also dont pity the dude nor do I think he got a raw deal. He put his opinion out there and got criticized (turns out, unfairly) for it. What did he expect? Everyone to go happy happy joy joy to his football takes?
Great guy, actually ... I've tried to talk him into showing up and taking a bow, he sure as hell deserves to.

Pretty sad some called him "pollyanna," and "rose-colored glasses," but 13-3 seemed pretty far-fetched whan camp started.

MONTROSE!!! Come do a victory lap! :pimp:

hookemhess
10-22-2009, 10:58 PM
As for bumping old threads to start a pissing contest... yeah, it's kind of annoying... but then again everyone reserves the right to NOT open a thread. And it is kind of comical to see everyone claiming that the sky is falling before a real game had been played. I think we all prolly have learned that the pro's mostly know what they are doing, and are in a position to make moves for a reason, and to just let them, as McD would say, do their job!

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey, people are still voting!

After 10 months this poll is still open? ROFL!

hookemhess
10-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Great guy, actually ... I've tried to talk him into showing up and taking a bow, he sure as hell deserves to.

Pretty sad some called him "pollyanna," and "rose-colored glasses," but 13-3 seemed pretty far-fetched whan camp started.

Agreed. He should come back and say **** the naysayers. But I don't feel sorry for him. And does it make him a bigger man or nice man to not come back and rub some people's face in it? Again, this is a friggin internet message board. If you're not having a little fun, what's the point?

hookemhess
10-22-2009, 11:01 PM

I just voted in the affirmative.

gunns
10-22-2009, 11:15 PM

He's the kind of guy that could say I told you so and people wouldn't get their panties in a bunch. Tsi could take lessons.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Perfect timing .... just minutes ago he responded to a post I gave him Tuesday:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7191/66941180.png

baja
10-22-2009, 11:30 PM

Anyways read the PM I sent back as it goes into full detail.

I like to think Montrose will be back some day.He was always a great poster and I bet a great guy too. I know he is enjoying this season I just wish it would work for him to spend time here because I could see it was a joy for him. You can't control what someone else thinks of you. I can't imagine worrying about any of these knuckle heads around here think.

broncocalijohn
10-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Here is an idea for those that like to bump old threads. Take a snapshot of the poll results so we know who isnt jumping on the thread bandwagon well past its expiration date. Also, if you start a poll, put an end date to any poll! For more questions and answers on polls, go to amazon.com for "So you are Starting an Internet Thread. Top 10 Do's and Dont's For making a Poll" by Spider. BTW: I like how BroncoMcBuff voted YES. We all know that isnt true plus you didnt have your name changed back in January....OOPS!

baja
10-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Which group is this?

Nope
16-JakE-16, Arkie, Basileus777, Breaker, broncofan2438, Broncofan_H, Chupacabra, clint7, colonelbeef, Connecticut Bronco Fan, dbfan4life, djrcmay, DrewB, ECBronco, Garner, gotfredson, gunns, Hawaii_Guy, hdtech96, Hogan11, Houshyamama, i4jelway7, jpmclane, jutang, JWD, listopencil, ludo21, macdds, meangene, ND Bronco Fan, phoenixbroncofan, qball_da_man, RandyMoss84, Riddi, Rock Chalk, Rohirrim, Sassy, spdirty, Stormontheplains, SureShot, TDmvp, thebroncosnation, yerner

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Which group is this?

Nope
16-JakE-16, Arkie, Basileus777, Breaker, broncofan2438, Broncofan_H, Chupacabra, clint7, colonelbeef, Connecticut Bronco Fan, dbfan4life, djrcmay, DrewB, ECBronco, Garner, gotfredson, gunns, Hawaii_Guy, hdtech96, Hogan11, Houshyamama, i4jelway7, jpmclane, jutang, JWD, listopencil, ludo21, macdds, meangene, ND Bronco Fan, phoenixbroncofan, qball_da_man, RandyMoss84, Riddi, Rock Chalk, Rohirrim, Sassy, spdirty, Stormontheplains, SureShot, TDmvp, thebroncosnation, yerner

At least Alec had some logical semblannce of an objection.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 11:39 PM
BTW: I like how BroncoMcBuff voted YES. We all know that isnt true plus you didnt have your name changed back in January....OOPS!

Dude, when you change your name it changes everywhere .... and before you step in it any further, look at the THIRD POST in this thread :approve:

broncocalijohn
10-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Dude, when you change your name it changes everywhere .... and before you step in it any further, look at the THIRD POST in this thread :approve:

got it.:twokisses

BroncoDoug
10-22-2009, 11:51 PM

whoo hoo, i like his status too!! as we all should

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-23-2009, 01:19 AM

I voted before I even noticed when the thread was created.

Popps
10-23-2009, 01:34 AM

Hilarious!

As always... miles from the right side of things.

DB-Freak
10-23-2009, 02:11 AM
I didn't care who it was.

We needed to go in a different direction.

I liked the Josh hire, because it was someone totally new. We needed a major change of scenery.

DB-Freak
10-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Hilarious!

Bowlen for the FTMFW

Rock Chalk
10-23-2009, 08:33 AM

HIs name is ****ing Kumar?

That's so awesome.

Rohirrim
10-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I voted no because, for once, I wanted to go in a defensive direction - back to the 3/4 and the days of the Orange Crush - and I knew an offensive coach just wasn't going to make that happen.

If you need stock market advice, give me a PM. ;D

vanbrugh
10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Just voted no!

It's good to be different and besides i miss having a pissy QB and webster and Dre Bly LOL

Ironlung
10-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Hilarious!

For as much as he obsesses about the Broncos the guy doesn't know football half as well as he thinks he does. He should stick to what he knows, being the annoying douchebag poster of the mane.

Everything Bowlen changed this offseason has been a success yet the guy still has a problem with him. Get over it ya POS.

Durango
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
I voted no because, for once, I wanted to go in a defensive direction - back to the 3/4 and the days of the Orange Crush - and I knew an offensive coach just wasn't going to make that happen.

I felt the same way. In addition, I still don't like the way he explodes on his players and coaches when something goes wrong. He may become a great coach, but he remains immature. Can't argue with his results so far though. The Broncos are a win away from where I thought they would be for the season. Since 1993, I've picked the record within two games every season with two exceptions; the year after the 1998 Super Bowl season and 2006. It's just remarkable we are where we are with this schedule, so kudos to McDaniels coaching skills.

listopencil
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Same here.