PDA

View Full Version : According to Vic Morris isn't in the running

lostknight
01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
The final list has Spags, and not Morris.

lex
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Thats awesome. Who is Vic Morris?

SpringStein
01-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Any link to a story?

Who DOES he have?

Paladin
01-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Spagheads are happy now, by golly.......

Taco John
01-11-2009, 06:35 PM
http://www.carolinacat.com/images/bio/bio_kristin_parker.jpg

Vic Morris would be a HORRIBLE choice...

Paladin
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Victoria? Wouldn't they have to redesign the locker room?

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 06:37 PM
That would make sense though. With the Giants loss they can replace one of the top 3 with Spags. Again I think its worth interviewing him again now that he can focus on the job prospect.

lex
01-11-2009, 06:37 PM

I dont know. A soccer mom who likes making pumpkin pies can be quite knowledgeable about the innerworkings of the NFL.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Spagheads are happy now, by golly.......

Is there a creme to clear up a Spaghead? should one pop them or let them run their course?

lostknight
01-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Heh. Just watched it on the news. Bit surprised myself, but it makes sense. Now if he dind't mention that Frazier was on the list, I would be happier. I want proven winners, not just the coach fad of the day.

wolf754life
01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
get spags now! sign the deal.

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
All Spags has to do is give up his preference for a grind it out offense and the job is his, I would think. He does have to concede power in that area, though.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Is this the chick that covers KFC and writes a mailbag in the local KFC paper?

Taco John
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Heh. Just watched it on the news. Bit surprised myself, but it makes sense. Now if he dind't mention that Frazier was on the list, I would be happier. I want proven winners, not just the coach fad of the day.

It looks like that's all we're interviewing -- flavor of the year types... We just have to cross our fingers and hope one of them will work out.

Eldorado
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
It looks like that's all we're interviewing -- flavor of the year types... We just have to cross our fingers and hope one of them will work out.

Ratboy
01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I rather have McDaniels. Younger, fresher, high power offense.

All he would have to do is bring in a coordinator that could revamp the defense.

Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal would flourish in a McDaniels Offense.

frerottenextelway
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
So the guy gave a ''great'' interview and isn't a finalist. Doesn't sound like a token interview to me ....

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM

All he would have to do is bring in a coordinator that could revamp the defense.

Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal would flourish in a McDaniels Offense.

And Lex will be here to tell you that you are a dunce in 3,2,1

lex
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Bleh, we need to pass less and run the ball more.

Paladin
Yo let the spagheads just work their way through it, It's a bit like the common cold because it seems like everyone has the same feverish yearnings that changes after the first bad call in the preseason.........

It's okay, though. It's all in good fun. Right?

Or is this one of those life and death struggles?

BroncoBuff
Raheem as DC would be awesome ...

Ratboy
01-11-2009, 06:49 PM

I am for running the ball too. I would love for our runningback to get 20-30 carries a game.

I think times are changed, we're a passing team, if we had a defense, we wouldnt need to run the ball

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM

Bronco fans will miss going 24-24 over 3 years if the one they pick doesn't work out.

Either way I am demanding a SB win every year from now on and Demanding Firings every year if they don't make the SB.

TonyR
01-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Yep, hopefully we can do as well as missing the playoffs for 3 straight years, and winning 1 division title and and 1 playoff game in 10 years. Tough act to follow...

TonyR
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Either way I am demanding a SB win every year from now on and Demanding Firings every year if they don't make the SB.

How many playoff wins were you demanding each of the last 10 years? Hell, how many playoff appearances?

footstepsfrom#27
01-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Cue the next rumor and call me when they hold the presser.

Taco John
01-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Yep, hopefully we can do as well as missing the playoffs for 3 straight years, and winning 1 division title and and 1 playoff game in 10 years. Tough act to follow...

You just hate it that people like Shanahan, don't you?

lex
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I am for running the ball too. I would love for our runningback to get 20-30 carries a game.

I think times are changed, we're a passing team, if we had a defense, we wouldnt need to run the ball

No, that overreliance on the QB worked more when there was a dearth of QB. But when you have Rivers, Cutler, R'berger, and a couple of others emerge, balance (ie running game and defense) come into play more. The Colts and Pats had like a 5 year window where they got away with running lean. The emergence of other QBs creates more of a challenge thereby creating the need to get a Randy Moss or an Adalius Thomas.

SpringStein
01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Since this is apparently a state secret - did he say McDaniels, Frazier and Spags?

OR????

Inkana7
01-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, a link or source would be nice.

TonyR
01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
You just hate it that people like Shanahan, don't you?

No, I like Mike Shanahan and wish things would have gone better the last several years and that he was still the coach of the Denver Broncos because of it. But they didn't and he's not. Stop living in the past. He had a great career but unfortunately only an above average last 10 years. I want better than "above average", and thankfully so does Pat Bowlen.

Paladin
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, a link or source would be nice.

Vic Lombardi does TV, and the reference is to a verbal report. You may have to go to the Channel 4 web site to get more.......

Drek
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Short of putting what, 8?, tailbacks on IR next year I'm willing to bet we run a lot more.

Also, we passed a little over 60% of the time last year, the Pats passed only a little over 50%, so if you're real worried about running more shouldn't you WANT McDaniels to come in and replace Bates?

The Pats' offensive success wasn't predicated on a huge pass/run lopsided ratio it was built on the fact that they had the OL, QB, and WRs to take a strike or two downfield every set of downs and still get the firsts when needed. End result? Lot of big bombs to Moss, Watson, or Welker that went for 6. You can do that and still run the wall with regularity and success.

Also McDaniels was the OC in '06 when the Pats were a much more ball control focused offense. He isn't a totally air it out type of play caller, he just had the horses so he let 'em run. What's the problem with that?

TonyR
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Also, we passed a little over 60% of the time last year, the Pats passed only a little over 50%, so if you're real worried about running more shouldn't you WANT McDaniels to come in and replace Bates?

I tried this logic with him in another thread. Presented all the stats, etc. Apparently it didn't take.

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I tried this logic with him in another thread. Presented all the stats, etc. Apparently it didn't take.

Nothing takes with Lex. He focuses on one thing and obsesses about it.

GoHAM
01-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Victoria? Wouldn't they have to redesign the locker room?

I bet we could buy the pink lockers and bathroom facilities from the University of Iowa pretty cheap...

So we got that going for us...

Which is nice.

BroncoBuff
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Take this: I think I'm more interested in who's our next DC than HC.

Any way you slice it, the offense is handled.

Eldorado
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Take this: I think I'm more interested in who's our next DC than HC.

Any way you slice it, the offense is handled.

Hmmm. You are in for a surprise.

Welcome to the twilight zone.