PDA

View Full Version : Dear Charger fans...

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 05:20 PM
On behalf of everyone here at the Mane, please accept our most sincere condolences for another year in which your team will have none of these.

http://www.tomhooverart.com/_images/misc/full/lombardi-trophy_full.jpg

Paladin
01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Dear Charger fans:

Stick it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee hee hee........

Paladin approves this taunt.....

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Dear Charger fans:

Stick it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee hee hee........

Paladin approves this taunt.....

I just hope this loss doesn't affect them too much when they go back to being surfers, Raider fans or whatever it is they do out there.

DenverBrit
01-11-2009, 05:25 PM
They'll be fine, most of them have no idea what the score was anyway! ;D

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
but but but we didn't have LT and roidboy!

don't make us taunt you a second time!

theAPAOps5
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Wait for it, Boltjolt will be here and I bet you he uses Cuddles and Gay. Its all he really knows.

footstepsfrom#27
01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Taunting a team that laid 52 on us two weeks ago...not sure I get the wisdom of that. Frankly, don't we have enough of our own problems without worrying about them? My only concern right now is that the new coach understands we need to beat these guys with a physical team like the Steelers have.

Florida_Bronco
Wait for it, Boltjolt will be here and I bet you he uses Cuddles and Gay. Its all he really knows.

I bet he uses the words "brah" and "dude" alot too.

Bronx33
Taunting a team that laid 52 on us two weeks ago...not sure I get the wisdom of that. Frankly, don't we have enough of our own problems without worrying about them? My only concern right now is that the new coach understands we need to beat these guys with a physical team like the Steelers have.

debbie downer

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Taunting a team that laid 52 on us two weeks ago...not sure I get the wisdom of that.

Easy...they go another year without a SB win. That was laid out pretty clear in the first post. :thumbs:

Ratboy
I just hope this loss doesn't affect them too much when they go back to being surfers, Raider fans or whatever it is they do out there.

Hey! Lay of us surfers! We didn't do anything.

theAPAOps5
debbie downer

Who cares what he thinks. They would do the same thing if the tables were reversed.

GreatBronco16
01-11-2009, 05:33 PM
And this is where they will come in here to tell us that atleast they made it to the playoffs, and actually won a playoff game, again, this year.

Cause after all, if our team didn't choke it down the stretch, and we ended up making the playoffs, only to lose our first game, this would be the same thing we would be telling them.

You guys bitch when they are here trolling, but when they're not here, you're starting threads inviting them over.

They were better than us this year, this loss doesn't change that.

Ratboy
01-11-2009, 05:33 PM
They are now watching the Super Bowl at home, just like us. Plus we have a better draft pick.

We win!

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 05:35 PM

This is a devastating ending for the Chargers. They were a Super Bowl favorite at the beginning of the year and they came up short, AGAIN. Their window to win it all is now.

From 2004-08, the Chargers have been one of the NFL's top 3-5 teams during the regular season and they have no conference championships or Super Bowl titles to show for it.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 05:37 PM
wingo is sad

Donk
01-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Dam you are an ass. They have a better team then us.

I would like our division to do better.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Dam you are an ass. They have a better team then us.

I would like our division to do better.

you're not here enough to call anybody an ass so how about shuttin the **** up and quit passing judgement on people just messing around.

GreatBronco16
01-11-2009, 05:47 PM
you're not here enough to call anybody an ass so how about shuttin the **** up and quit passing judgement on people just messing around.

Well I've been here long enough so.... Anyone trying to bash on the Chargers for getting beat in a playoff game against the Steelers after Denver did one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history, and let this same team put up 52 points to take the right to play in the playoffs, whether joking or not, is just flat out stupid.

Chargers got beat in the playoffs, whoppie doo.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 05:49 PM
I reiterate ( messing around)

BroncoBuff
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
The finish the season 9-9. Nothing to brag about.

enjolras
01-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I reiterate.... fug the chuggers.

enjolras
01-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I for one am going to revel in the futility of their superbowless existence.

NUB
01-11-2009, 05:53 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/players/12/05/tattoo1212/t1_merriman.jpg

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 05:53 PM
They were better than us this year, this loss doesn't change that.

Bottom line.

And they were better even though they stepped on their own dicks 4,5 times this season.

footstepsfrom#27
01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Easy...they go another year without a SB win. That was laid out pretty clear in the first post. :thumbs:
Yeah but I just can't truly enjoy their misery till we get over our own. ;D

Donk
The finish the season 9-9. Nothing to brag about.

Better then 8 & 8

Paladin
Man, this used to be , you know, just a game. And when knuckleheads come to my home board that is devoted to my team and talks smack and sh&t, I have no qualms about calling them out as arseholes.....

So there.

broncosteven
Dear Chugger fans:

You've been Norved.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Better then 8 & 8

Their Regular season wins were 8-8 so it is kinda the same record as our 8-8.

Donk
01-11-2009, 05:56 PM

Another Ass .

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Well I've been here long enough so.... Anyone trying to bash on the Chargers for getting beat in a playoff game against the Steelers after Denver did one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history, and let this same team put up 52 points to take the right to play in the playoffs, whether joking or not, is just flat out stupid.

Denver was suppose to be an 8-8 team. Vegas had the over/under on wins at 7.5. Everybody knew the defense was garbage from the day training camp started. Given the youth on the team, serious Super Bowl contention was out of the question. The Broncos are a team in the growth stage. They aren't there yet.

The Chargers should have won the division. They were everybody's pick to be the AFC's #1 seed. It was Super Bowl or bust for them and they ended up at 9-9.

Denver in their heyday (96-98) got it done. San Diego has fallen short during their window of opportunity. Now that's a reason to laugh and poke fun at them.

summerdenver
01-11-2009, 05:57 PM
If history has taught us anything its that NFL is a cyclical league. No team can stay on top forever and every team has to inevitably rebuild. Not winning the championship in the next 3 years will not hurt Broncos as much as Chargers. Broncos are at the begining of their rebuilding process and chargers are near the peak. If they don't win a championship in the next 3 years they will have to wait till the next rebuild is complete. May be AJ is a genius and rebuild quicker than anyone else. But odds are against it.

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Dam you are an ass.

Do I know you?

I don't care if they did better than us or not. I hate that team and most of it's fan base (a feeling which I bet is shared by most posters here) and therefor I will celebrate the fact that they are going another year without a SB trophy.

If that bothers you, maybe you should make a thread for the troll sympathizers...I'm sure it would be a big hit.

Rock Chalk
01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Better then 8 & 8

No, 8 & 8 is .500 football. 9 & 9 is also .500 football.

GreatBronco16
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Denver was suppose to be an 8-8 team. Vegas had the over/under on wins at 7.5. Everybody knew the defense was garbage from the day training camp started. Given the youth on the team, serious Super Bowl contention was out of the question. The Broncos are a team in the growth stage. They aren't there yet.

The Chargers should have won the division. They were everybody's pick to be the AFC's #1 seed. It was Super Bowl or bust for them and they ended up at 9-9.

Denver in their heyday (96-98) got it done. San Diego has fallen short during their window of opportunity. Now that's a reason to laugh and poke fun at them.

I don't care what vegas had Denver at. Denver had the division and needed to win one game out of the last 4 to make the playoffs. It came down to the last game against the Chargers and they hung 52 on them to make it. And if that isn't enough, they actually win a playoff game to boot.

But that isn't the point. To try and bag on a team after what they did to our team, and the choke job that our team did, then firing the man responsible for it, just stinks of stupidity.

GreatBronco16
01-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Do I know you?

I will celebrate the fact that they are going another year without a SB trophy.

But yet at the same time, Denver goes yet another year without a trip to the playoffs, or a playoff win, much less a SB trophy. Oh but wait, we have 2 sitting around from over 10 years ago that are starting to tarnish that it makes it all relevent right?

When all esle fails for some Bronco fans, just talk about our 2 trophies from over a decade ago. That will get them every single time.:thumbs:

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't care what vegas had Denver at. Denver had the division and needed to win one game out of the last 4 to make the playoffs.

Wrong. Denver did win one of their last four games. They needed to win two games to clinch the division.

But that isn't the point. To try and bag on a team after what they did to our team, and the choke job that our team did, then firing the man responsible for it, just stinks of stupidity.

Screw the Chargers. They were 1-1 against Denver. They had the same 8-8 record. They won the division on a techinicality. I am not conceding **** to those underachievers. The point is, they suck too.

bronco0608
01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
We ARE better than the Chargers!!

THEY HAD MORE LOSSES THAN WE DID!!!!!!!

I feel better now.

Donk
01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
The Donks would have been 10 and eight if they won their last game.
As a Denver fan living in Southern California this season hurt.

However I was for the division team. The Chargers fan that I know personally
have a lot in common with the old Broncos fans; we were thirteen years before we won more then we lost.

Next year our team will be a winning team so will the Chargers: I am betting the Donks win more.

GreatBronco16
01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Wrong. Denver did win one of their last four games. They needed to win two games to clinch the division.

Screw the Chargers. They were 1-1 against Denver. They had the same 8-8 record. They won the division on a techinicality. I am not conceding **** to those underachievers. The point is, they suck too.

Last 3 last 4, doesn't matter. They still pulled one of the biggest choke jobs.

And nobody asked you to concede anything to them. But anyway, if it makes you feel better, or gives you closure to the pitful team Denver fielded this year, then so be it.

GreatBronco16
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
The Donks would have been 10 and eight if they won their last game.

:kiddingme

Donk
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM

Playoff game check!

Boltergeist
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys....I suppose it didn't end that badly with the complete annihilation of your team and your crybaby QB in the last game of the regular season to immediately end any kind of debate as to who the best team OR QB in the AFCW is....as well as the experience another 2 valuable playoff games brings Rivers an Co. that #6 Clay Aiken may never experience.

Looking forward to another year of you guys jerking off to whether or not ****ler will be in the pro-bowl while scheming up new ways to try to hide your penis envy for the NFL's highest rated passer an TD leader.

Archer81
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I would worry that Turner took a 14-2 squad and managed in 2 seasons to knock them to 8-8, and short of a historic collapse by the Broncos managed to make the playoffs...Think that window in SD just got bolted shut.

:Broncos:

SouthStndJunkie
01-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks for stinking it up today.

SouthStndJunkie
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks guys....I suppose it didn't end that badly with the complete annihilation of your team and your crybaby QB in the last game of the regular season to immediately end any kind of debate as to who the best team OR QB in the AFCW is....as well as the experience another 2 valuable playoff games brings Rivers an Co. that #6 Clay Aiken may never experience.

Looking forward to another year of you guys jerking off to whether or not ****ler will be in the pro-bowl while scheming up new ways to try to hide your penis envy for the NFL's highest rated passer an TD leader.

Philip is the ****.

baja
01-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I bet he uses the words "brah" and "dude" alot too.

That would be hawaii

Bronco LB 59
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Last 3 last 4, doesn't matter. They still pulled one of the biggest choke jobs.

It's not one of the biggest choke jobs. This mediocre team didn't have anything to lose in the first place. They were never a serious Super Bowl contender. I guess Great Bronco the fanboy is butt hurt because he missed out on his chance to buy his meaningless AFC West Championship tee.

And nobody asked you to concede anything to them. But anyway, if it makes you feel better, or gives you closure to the pitful team Denver fielded this year, then so be it.

No, you are asking the Broncos fans to concede the fact the Chargers were better and acknowledge that we have no right to talk smack. In the end, Denver split the season series and tied for the same regular season record.

Centella Cajon
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
On behalf of everyone here at the Mane, please accept our most sincere condolences for another year in which your team will have none of these.

http://www.tomhooverart.com/_images/misc/full/lombardi-trophy_full.jpg

As a Chargers fan who is a member here and has always been respectful in your "home" thank you very much for your "condolences." LOL

After having run down your Broncos and put 52 points on them to get to playoffs will be all the consolation I can draw from all this I suppose.

On to a long off season until we can all come back with optimism brimming. Good luck.

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
As a Chargers fan who is a member here and has always been respectful in your "home" thank you very much for your "condolences." LOL

Hey look, it's another sparkler fan that didn't show their face around here until 2006. Seems to be a common theme with you jokers, isn't it?

Thank you very much for being respectful in your 4 posts on this forum. ROFL!

You're the one not getting the point. Our rival has once again been denied a Super Bowl trophy. Whether or not that rival is better than us is irrelevant.

If you're so hell bent on defending their honor, why not start a troll sympathizer thread? Or better yet, tell TJ want him to crack down on the trolls so we don't have to deal with them. I tried that already and he blew me off.

ohiobronco2
01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
What's that taste? Charger tears.......Again.

Sodak
01-11-2009, 07:23 PM
The Chargeless are moving to LA.

LT is sick of their ****. I bet he makes a move this offseason...

400HZ
01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey look, it's another sparkler fan that didn't show their face around here until 2006. Seems to be a common theme with you jokers, isn't it?

Thank you very much for being respectful in your 4 posts on this forum. ROFL!

You're the one not getting the point. Our rival has once again been denied a Super Bowl trophy. Whether or not that rival is better than us is irrelevant.

If you're so hell bent on defending their honor, why not start a troll sympathizer thread? Or better yet, tell TJ want him to crack down on the trolls so we don't have to deal with them. I tried that already and he blew me off.

I'm glad the NFL season is ending on such an outstanding note for you, Florida Bronco. Maybe next year you and the Broncos can build on this success.

Centella Cajon
01-11-2009, 07:50 PM

I did not know Orange Mane existed until 2006. It's a good fan board populated, mostly, by intelligent knowledgeable fans.

I have been a Chargers fan since 1967 when the Navy brought me to San Diego and I first saw Hadl, Alworth and the rest of that team in Balboa Stadium. I suspect that was before you were born. That time has seen me root for that team through thick and thin, way more thin than thick. Still a fan. Always will be.

Peace.

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I did not know Orange Mane existed until 2006. It's a good fan board populated, mostly, by intelligent knowledgeable fans.

I have been a Chargers fan since 1967 when the Navy brought me to San Diego and I first saw Hadl, Alworth and the rest of that team in Balboa Stadium. I suspect that was before you were born. That time has seen me root for that team through thick and thin, way more thin than thick. Still a fan. Always will be.

Peace.

I'll take your word for it, since you seem decent.

GreatBronco16
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Look, I'm very happy that they got their ass handed to them tonight. I was cheering Pitt on and laughed and the Chargers all the way. But, I just think it is stupid to come here afterwards to bag them about it, when our team wasn't even there to begin with. Regardless if they were 'projected' to be there or not.

We can agree to disagree on it, no big deal. Flame on.

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 07:57 PM
But, I just think it is stupid to come here afterwards to bag them about it, when our team wasn't even there to begin with. Regardless if they were 'projected' to be there or not.

Again, that has nothing to do with it. This is not a "we're better than you taunt" but rather a "HA! You STILL don't have a SB trophy taunt!"

Big difference.

And bro, I'm not flaming you. You're alright in my book. :thumbs:

Jetmeck
01-11-2009, 08:05 PM

I agree on this whole paragraph 100%. We shouldn't taunt someone who owns our a$$ period. They are the better team right now and clearly did better in the playoffs than the Broncos would have.

However I will add this. It did make me smile inside listening to the Steelers beat them down but I wouldn't
go out of my way to tell any Charger fan even if I knew one. HA

bolthead123
01-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Our team sucks but we sucked the least in a suckass division. Not saying much but we did win a playoff game that everybody thought we were going to lose. Not bad for an 8-8 team from a lousy division.
Most of the denver posters are intelligent sport fans and they know their team. That is why I like to visit this forum from time to time.
By the way, charger fans aren't making excuses about why Pitt beat us.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/polls/2009/jan/chargers-poll-postgame-steelers/results/

We know we got our asses handed to us.

broncofan2438
01-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Go **** yourself sandy eggo

ro_50
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't know if the window is closing on them or not. They have had a good run the past few years and came up empty in the playoffs, but most of their key players are young and I hope the Broncos will be up for the challenge of finally wrestling the division from them next season.

With that being said, I'm so f-ing happy the Chargers lost. I couldn't stomach them making the AFC title game again.

Orange_Beard
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
There was a funny line in the paper today, "Charges miss LT", I think they misspelled Miss, should be Ms. LT.

bronco610
01-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey, a rivalry is a rivalry. What are we supposed to do root for the chargers? I am glad they lost and I don't care if they beat us. Screw them and I can take as much pleasure in them getting beat as I want. This is a Denver board still isn't it???

Karenin
01-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Playoff game check!

What, the one you got blown out of and embarrassed in? I wouldn't be so quick to bring that one up if I were you.

Ambiguous
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
This is a devastating ending for the Chargers. They were a Super Bowl favorite at the beginning of the year and they came up short, AGAIN. Their window to win it all is now.

From 2004-08, the Chargers have been one of the NFL's top 3-5 teams during the regular season and they have no conference championships or Super Bowl titles to show for it.

Pretty much. We gave them the playoffs with our rebuilding team this year. At least our team was what everyone expected at the beginning of the season - young but building. Now that I've gotten over that disastrous end to the season, I've realized that.

This/last season was what the Chargers were building for, and they have lots of draft picks still playing that were a result of going under .500 for a number of years.

Who on the Chargers is up for FA this year? :)

Blart
01-11-2009, 10:03 PM
"the chargers are who we thought they were....a team that was the beneficiary of a collapse by the broncos and some favorable OT calls against the colts."

- a random espn comment

Paladin
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
And the beneficiaries of some incredible luck, in KC, for example.....

bronco610
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
And the benefactors of some increadible luck, in KC, for example.....

SSSHHHHHHHHH! Obviously, we are not supposed to hurt any of the charger fans feelings!!!

Ambiguous
01-11-2009, 10:30 PM
And the beneficiaries of some incredible luck, in KC, for example.....

We had some good luck (Week 2), and some bad luck (running back curse, anyone?)

Bottom line, it's over for the Chargers... I can enjoy football with no emotional ties. It's a good day for a guy who grew up in Denver and lives in SD.

Here's to rebuilding our team and a great rivalry.