PDA

View Full Version : Okay Spagheads, answer me this:

Paladin
01-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Spags' D didn't look so great today. Why not go for the Iggles' DC instead?

Tell me why he is such a great candidate for Denver HC. His D looked good but not outstanding like the Iggles'.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Tell me why he is such a great candidate for Denver HC. His D looked good but not outstanding like the Iggles'.

So the criteria is pick the DC of the team that won?

NUB
01-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I don't expect perfection 24/7.

Spider
01-11-2009, 03:01 PM
what is a spraghead ? ;D

watermock
01-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Cause Cloglin is an idiot and they missed Plaxico.

RunSilentRunDeep
01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I thought they played well. The Eagles only got 276 yards and only averaged 4.1 per play. It's not the D's fault if the offense and special teams keeps putting you in bad positions.

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Anyone else watch the players play?

****ing GOCUNG stretched a play out by scraping and shedding two separate blockers AND made the tackle behind the LOS.

Last time you saw a Denver player do that?

Answer: Al Wilson

The Joker
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM
People would prefer him of those who are in contention.

Jim Johnson is not an option, so why discuss him?

Besides, Giants D was very good today. Only allowed one TD drive (1st TD came from Philly starting at 1, hard to blame him for that) and had 2 picks.

Eli ****ting the bed and Carney bottling it was the deciding factor.

Broncojef
01-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Spagnuolo is now a free man to talk to the Broncos, hopefully something breaks in the next couple weeks.

lex
01-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Are you high? The Giants didnt lost today because of their defense. The Giants defense actually gave their offense some opportunitities to score more points with some INTs that were cause by some competently called blitzes. And 7 of Philliy's points were from Eli throwing an INT deep in their own territory.

PRBronco
01-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Are you high? The Giants didnt lost today because of their defense. The Giants defense actually gave their offense some opportunitities to score more points with some INTs that were cause by some competently called blitzes. And 7 of Philliy's points were from Eli throwing an INT deep in their own territory.

No ****, this thread is weak. The G-men defense got the ball back for their offense like 3 times in the 4th quarter.

eddie mac
01-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Spagnuolo is now a free man to talk to the Broncos, hopefully something breaks in the next couple weeks.

I'd say within 2-3 days never mind weeks.

Popps
01-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Anyone else watch the players play?

****ing GOCUNG stretched a play out by scraping and shedding two separate blockers AND made the tackle behind the LOS.

Last time you saw a Denver player do that?

Answer: Al Wilson

QFT

****, watch that Ravens game yesterday. That defense made more big plays and big hits than ours has in the past three seasons combined.

enjolras
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
With the Giants loss, the Denver coaching search is going to come to an end in the next 3 days tops.

MechanicalBull
01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
How can you expect perfection in every single game? Plus it was the offense that blew the game. The D played good not great but kept the Giants in the game.

We might as well not hire anyone if you are going with that logic.

AlphaOmega
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Brian Billick is coming to Denver! ;D

oubronco
01-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Brian Billick is coming to Denver! ;D

:oyvey:

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I think 75 percent of this board actually believes the coaches play the game.

Broncojef
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I'd say within 2-3 days never mind weeks.

I was worried Pat and the search team would settle for a guy running a close second and not get the top guy. At least now we know the play-offs won't be putting the Broncos behind schedule and they'll have their choice of who they really want.

spdirty
01-11-2009, 03:48 PM

because Jim Johnson is an old fart and I dont think wants to be a head coach.

BroncoMan4ever
01-11-2009, 04:10 PM
that defense looked pretty good today. the eagles didn't go over 300 yards and their offense dropped the ball today.

i would take a "Bad" showing like the Giants defense showed today anyday for our defense.

you can't expect perfection every week. some teams just tend to match up really well with other teams.

for example, Indy has completely owned us, they lose to the Pats a lot, and we always beat the Pats. it is just matchups. and the Eagles match up well against the Giants.

Rock Chalk
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM

You do realize that Philly was the ONLY team in the league to be top 5 in BOTH offense and defense right?

CoBear23
01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I thought they played well. The Eagles only got 276 yards and only averaged 4.1 per play. It's not the D's fault if the offense and special teams keeps putting you in bad positions.

Exactly

Popps
01-11-2009, 04:20 PM
that defense looked pretty good today. the eagles didn't go over 300 yards and their offense dropped the ball today.

i would take a "Bad" showing like the Giants defense showed today anyday for our defense.

you can't expect perfection every week. some teams just tend to match up really well with other teams.

for example, Indy has completely owned us, they lose to the Pats a lot, and we always beat the Pats. it is just matchups. and the Eagles match up well against the Giants.

Bingo.

Br0nc0Buster
01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I thought the Giants D did pretty good.
Their offense just didnt help them out.

DenverBrit
01-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I'd settle for someone who sounds like a defensive coordinator.

Slowic, sounds more like the short bus driver. ;D

Play2win
01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I'd settle for someone who sounds like a defensive coordinator.

Slowic, sounds more like the short bus driver. ;D

Or passenger... ;D

HEAV
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
First quarter:Spag's boys where given a bad spot, after Eli threw the pick, and had to defend a first and goal from the 2 yard line. Even with that it took the Eagles three plays to score.

In the second quarter: While they gave up some long drives, one turned into a intercept and the other drive was a field goal.

The third quarter was just like the second! FG and INT. Then Philly had that great TD drive that carried into the 4th.

Spags boys played the best they could, with waht they had to deal with, Tuck playing hurt, zero offense attack.

Spags is a damn good coach. If he is the man to lead this franchise then fine, if not, than fine also.

Do I prefer Spag's over Morris and Mcdaniels and Frazier...yes.

footstepsfrom#27
01-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Dumb thread.

You never decide on a coach, much less for the position of head coach, based on a single game perfomance, good or bad. If that were relevant, Shanny should have been fired long ago when the Colts whipped our butts in the playoffs.

HEAV
01-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Dumb thread.

You never decide on a coach, much less for the position of head coach, based on a single game perfomance, good or bad. If that were relevant, Shanny should have been fired long ago when the Colts whipped our butts in the playoffs.

Which time?

Also... I'll bet Spag's have 6-10 voice messages from Denver already on his cell-phone.

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Which time?

Also... I'll bet Spag's have 6-10 voice messages from Denver already on his cell-phone.

Yeah! Nothing's as good for your leverage in contract negotiations as desperation!

extralife
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
I have no idea why guys like Jim Johnson and Monte Kiffen have never even been candidates for a head coaching job. Did/do they just not want them?

lex
01-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I have no idea why guys like Jim Johnson and Monte Kiffen have never even been candidates for a head coaching job. Did/do they just not want them?

I think for Kiffin, it was the time he did in prison and for Johnson, I think it was that sex scandal years ago.

TheDave
01-11-2009, 05:14 PM

Seriously?

We would of been 13-3 if our defense "looked" as bad as the Giants did today.

Miss I.
01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Okay, this is meant for humorous purposes only and it was about the Redskins coaching search from a year ago I would guess based on the date of the video. Still I thought a bit of levity during this time is a good thing (that an I might just be adicted to You Tube...yes I know it is lowering my IQ, oh well).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IW-pcmIHH5Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IW-pcmIHH5Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gunns
01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
If we had that Giants D and our offense we'd be going to the AFCC.

Dukes
01-11-2009, 05:37 PM
This is a retarded thread FYI

PRBronco
01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Which time?

This is the only time you'll ever see "Spags" "6-10" and "Denver" in the same post ;)

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2009, 05:41 PM

I think teams were scared off by Kiffin's manteats

Killericon
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Dumb thread.

And yet, if we had won the last game against the Chargers...

SoCalBronco
01-11-2009, 05:52 PM
This is the only time you'll ever see "Spags" "6-10" and "Denver" in the same post ;)

Given our schedule next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see us at 6-10 even if Spags/McDaniels/Frazier or Morris does a fine coaching job.

OBF1
01-11-2009, 06:07 PM
With the offense that Denver has, We do not need to have the #1 rated defense to win a title. I think a top 10 D would make all of the difference in the world.

Paladin
01-11-2009, 06:13 PM
I think 75 percent of this board actually believes the coaches play the game.

They don't? :holyguac!

Weak, eh? Then why you post here, eh? !Booya!

Gotcha :rofl:

Spaghead: One who is touting Spags as the ONLY candidate worth looking at.

(I guess I hit some nerves here, eh? Gotta love the passion of the internet experts. Lighten up, Figaro.)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-11-2009, 06:23 PM

Is this a real question? He is only missing half his D-line and the offense have the ball away 3 times.

Hogan11
01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
With the Giants loss, the Denver coaching search is going to come to an end in the next 3 days tops.

I hope so. Still afraid of McDaniels having a lead on the position though....maybe all that's just a smoke screen.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Is this a real question? He is only missing half his D-line and the offense have the ball away 3 times.

Tuck was taking on 2 guys and still making a play on RB and he was the only one getting pressure.

If Spaz signs on here he will have less talent on D than he has in Giants. I thought he was out coached even if he was dealing with Injuries on the Dline.

Gimme an O minded HC and D minded DC. Let the DC run the D and HC run the O and ST but keep hands off the D and we will be ok.

Teams cannot recover from D minded HC's, they either want to play Martyball or spend too much time on O because they don't want to be thought of as D only and therefore hose up D like Dungy and the dude in Cinncy.

Paladin
01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Well, I don't know. Many of our "experts" here say the Broncos need a HC from the D side of the ball, and leave Bates in charge of the O, provided if the GM allows either of them to coach the players a la Peterson, and provided they get a good DC who can hire good D coaches. Lots of things need to fall inot place before we even talk about getting good D players.....

So, we will see who comes in, but I had fun tickling the Spagheads. They think Spags will cure the evil hurt they are feeling......

DB_champ24
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Haha, did you watch Eli Manning today? The rest of the team couldn't carry him this yr.

TonyR
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I thought he was out coached even if he was dealing with Injuries on the Dline.

Then you clearly know very little about football. The Giants defense is not the reason they lost that game.

Paladin
01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Ya know, I think too much is made of the HC from a D or O orientation because it is the Coordinators that really make the team go. Suppose you did have McD and a guy like Capers came in, the issues are resolved. Further I couldn't see Spags doing his own DC work, so he might have someone in mind to do the hand work while he does the overall thinking. You know, the good eating spots, etc. Bates is not leaving so that side of the ball is basically set except for a few wrinkles here and there.

I really believe the reports that the Broncos do not feel that a D or an O orientation in the HC is all that important. Rather the guy needs to be an organizer, a motivator, the final decider on some field situations. All those guys, when they get to that level, understand the plays and the schemes and so on.

I just cannot get into arguments about who would be the "best" choice for the Broncos. As a fan, I want the Best one they can find. Period.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Then you clearly know very little about football. The Giants defense is not the reason they lost that game.

I am guessing 2 missed FG's helped and Hixon played like a 2nd string WR.

Giants are a run 1st team and their Oline was getting pushed around and strung out. The D kept them in the game until the 4th quarter but there were breakdowns in the Secondary, and at LB.

It appeared to me that Spaz was so concerned about Westbrook, who they held in check all day, that they forgot about the rest of the O. Curtis was either running free or sitting in the zone all day.

Justin Tuck was a monster though. We have no Justin Tuck.

If Spaz comes here I bet he brings the 3 headed RB attack, run 1st shorten game and play Defense thus destroying the only phase of the game that this team is good at.

SouthStndJunkie
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
The Giants defense held Philly to 279 yards offense.

They gave up only 2.1 ypc against the run.

They gave up 5.4 yards per pass attempt and had 2 INTs.

I would eat a fat babies diaper taco for Denver to put up numbers like that on a consistent basis.

broncosteven
Haha, did you watch Eli Manning today? The rest of the team couldn't carry him this yr.

And Kevin Curtis killed Spaz's Secondary.

TonyR
If Spaz comes here I bet he brings the 3 headed RB attack, run 1st shorten game and play Defense thus destroying the only phase of the game that this team is good at.

Maybe, but not if one of the conditions to being hired is keeping Bates and Dennison and therefore most of the current offensive philosophy. I don't think anybody who comes in here would be so stupid as to not play to the strengths of the personnel to at least some degree.

Paladin
01-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Bump.

*Gloat*