PDA

View Full Version : Should Terry Bradshaw Be Gone?

Rohirrim
01-11-2009, 10:58 AM
What does he bring to the table anymore? What is his value to any pre-game discussion. All he ever does he relive the 70s, week after week after week, and nurse the not so hidden ego-trip that he is somehow the greatest QB ever. Is there anybody left who can stand this guy? As he so often points out, how many ex-wives does he have anyway?

lex
01-11-2009, 10:59 AM
He hasnt added anything for a while unless dumbing down the show is adding something.

Paladin
01-11-2009, 11:00 AM
He would rip 2K in our system.....

(I wanted to post that before someone else did.)

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
He goes to the same grocery store I do in Scottsdale. Only he does it to try and pick up young chicks. Kinda sad, but you gotta admire someone following what they want at the same time. Also, nice guy!

Hamrob
01-11-2009, 11:05 AM
No, I think he's an icon. And, hey, he does have 4-rings. With that type of jewelry, he can be a little stuck on himself!

Although, I hate the Steelers...I kind of like the ol'geezer. I really liked the fact that he talked smack about Elway never getting a ring and then he ended up having to present him with the Lombardi trophy. That was classic!

NYBronco
01-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I try to avoid his rants at all costs.

Northman
01-11-2009, 11:42 AM
I like Bradshaw. The banter between he and Howie is great.

Miss I.
01-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I do find him vaguely amusing. He's kind of a goofy dork, but amusing, not particularly useful or enlightening, but amusing sometimes.

Paladin
01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I wonder if he learned to spell C-A-T.....

Miss I.
01-11-2009, 11:51 AM

Dude, he's a jock. All he needs to be able to do is sign his name to checks, TB (his full name would be too difficult).;D

Dudeskey
01-11-2009, 12:08 PM
That would be one less person Frank Caliendo can make fun of though...

illbroncsfn
01-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I find him humurous

Florida_Bronco
01-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I kind of like Terry.

FantomForce
01-11-2009, 12:48 PM
OMG, did you see his "fired up" portion sponserd by Burger King today? It made me throw up! Good Hell talk about reliving the past!

FantomForce
01-11-2009, 12:49 PM

"K-A-T, I know there's two Ts" - Brian Regan

frerottenextelway
01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I thought for sure once he died a couple years ago he wouldn't be back.

(love) PFT ?!?

SouthStndJunkie
01-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Terry Bradshaw is ok in my book.

He is good for a few laughs and is not afraid to make fun of himself.

broncofan7
01-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I canot stand the fox pregame --I like CBS the best. ESPN was my all time favorite--but they have really dumbed it down with the likes of Keyshawn and Cris Carter.

Los Broncos
01-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Cant stand him and send Joe Buck with him.

broncocalijohn
01-11-2009, 02:55 PM
He goes to the same grocery store I do in Scottsdale. Only he does it to try and pick up young chicks. Kinda sad, but you gotta admire someone following what they want at the same time. Also, nice guy!

Tell him Vance already cleared out the youngins from that store.

Sodak
01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Bring in Theeeezzzzmann...

Jason in LA
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I think people tend to over think it when it comes to these broadcasters and TV personalities in sports. The way it sounds on this board, every last one of them suck. It makes no difference to me, they are all the same to me... well, except for Randy Cross. He really does suck. It's like he's not even watching the same game, or he doesn't understand football. He's the only one that I'd put in that category.

Jason in LA
01-11-2009, 03:07 PM
One thing, if people don't like the broadcasters or TV personalities, then don't watch the shows or turn the TV down when you watch the game.

Haroldthebarrel
01-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Is it only me or do anybody else they are really trying to dumb down the broadcasts?

I mean, take Jaws for example. I only experienced what he wrote on the internet but he sure made lots of interesting reports.
But with the horrible Kornheiser he just seem to be forced laughing and making easy comments.
On the other hand I like Brian Billick as a side commentator. He is very interesting when he shows what goes on in a play on replays.
And yet, I do feel he only shows me like 50 percent of his knowledge.

Why cant they have their reporters show their full knowledge of the game?

ColoradoDarin
01-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Can't stand any pregame except the NFLN, Mooch, Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp are great. I used to watch ESPN pregame, but they keep making more about them (ESPN, their sponsors and personalities - as with the rest of their programming that I don't watch anymore either like Sportscenter, the draft, etc) rather than the games. CBS is ok, and Fox is barely better than ESPN.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Bradshaw gets a pass because hes soft in the head borderline retarded but smart enough to pass a football, you know a dirt dumb jock playing for a stacked team.

Wes Mantooth
01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
whats a pregame show?

footstepsfrom#27
01-11-2009, 04:44 PM
He's a bafoon and should have never been on the air in the first place. The only guy I like listening to any less is that windbag Madden, who never shuts up and rarely says anything worthwhile.

The Moops
01-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I like Bradshaw because he doesn't try to be anything except who he is. Younger people probably don't even realize he won 4 Super Bowls, because he comes off as a hillbilly.

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I like Bradshaw because he doesn't try to be anything except who he is. Younger people probably don't even realize he won 4 Super Bowls, because he comes off as a hillbilly.

An inbreed whiskey swellin hick?

Miss I.
01-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Maybe, but you know who should really be gone by now, his name starts with an F and his # is 4. I found this video on You Tube from some Brady loving goofball and it is clearly a little out of date, about a year now I think. But it is funny,

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6ZBqT_H4Es&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6ZBqT_H4Es&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pick Six
01-11-2009, 05:55 PM
He's far less annoying than other "so-called experts". I'm to a point where I can't even listen to Madden. The Monday Night Football crew is a piece of work, as well...

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 05:59 PM
He's far less annoying than other "so-called experts". I'm to a point where I can't even listen to Madden. The Monday Night Football crew is a piece of work, as well...

True Collingsworth is getting on my nerves i hate that skinny runt.

driver
01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Bradshaw, I don't care one way or the other but I'm going postal on that damn dancing robot!

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
What does he bring to the table anymore? What is his value to any pre-game discussion. All he ever does he relive the 70s, week after week after week, and nurse the not so hidden ego-trip that he is somehow the greatest QB ever. Is there anybody left who can stand this guy? As he so often points out, how many ex-wives does he have anyway?

I don't watch Fox or CBS pre-game usually.

I saw 5min of Fox today and they had a shot of Terry looking off into the distance with a vacant stare and I thought the same thing.

I was kinda impressed with Strahan, not sure which channel he was on but he could speak and had some charisma.

Hogan11
01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Bradshaw is that show's clown, Like Sharpe is the CBS's pregame show's clown. It's written somewhere that they all have to have an "entertainer" on the panal because people need a comical break from actual game analysis...because that on it's own is boring I guess.

I don't watch them much anymore and haven't sat thru a Fox pregame show in many years, something I actually take pride in.

ZONA
01-11-2009, 07:24 PM
He's been there long enough. He's boring now. That's all there is to it. Boring.