PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.

baja
01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
And of all places at the Farmer's Market in San Jose. At first I was not going to say anything but I was standing right beside him at one of the tamale stands. I decided to say Hey Coach I'm a big fan of yours and the Broncos how ya doing and yada yada.... I asked him if he had any idea who Bowlen might hire and he said he didn't really know but that they had been grooming Denison for a few years now moving him around to learn first hand as many positions as possible. He said they always knew Kubes would move on that is why they had been keeping a low profile on Dennison all these years because of the eventual plan to have him replace Mike when the time came. Shanny said he thinks Dennison will do a great job if they go in that direction. Coach looked great and said he was really enjoying the weather here and was planning on golfing the new course at Puerto Los Cabos where I worked for a few years. The man is all class. He didn't seem bitter at all.

SouthStndJunkie
01-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I would not be bitter either if my employer was on the hook for $20 million.

Hasta luego Senor Bowlen.

Broncobuddy7
That's pretty cool

frerottenextelway
Hey now, you were supposed to do this (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76018) on other boards. :thumbs:

ghwk
01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
And of all places at the Farmer's Market in San Jose. At first I was not going to say anything but I was standing right beside him at one of the tamale stands. I decided to say Hey Coach I'm a big fan of yours and the Broncos how ya doing and yada yada.... I asked him if he had any idea who Bowlen might hire and he said he didn't really know but that they had been grooming Denison for a few years now moving him around to learn first hand as many positions as possible. He said they always knew Kubes would move on that is why they had been keeping a low profile on Dennison all these years because of the eventual plan to have him replace Mike when the time came. Shanny said he thinks Dennison will do a great job if they go in that direction. Coach looked great and said he was really enjoying the weather here and was planning on golfing the new course at Puerto Los Cabos where I worked for a few years. The man is all class. He didn't seem bitter at all.

Ok so I'm gonna cry bullsh*t on this one Baja only because we are actively out doing this to other teams boards. :welcome: :welcome:

baja
01-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Ok so I'm gonna cry bullsh*t on this one Baja only because we are actively out doing this to other teams boards. :welcome: :welcome:

I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it either but it's true. He said he loves cabo with all the great golf courses and the amazing fishing. I took the risk and said I hope he took some time to enjoy it and made the comment "Life is short" lol it just came out. I have a good friend that takes special private parties out fishing on his Bertram 360, Coach took his number so maybe I'll see him again I will try to crew on my friends boat if Shanny does call.

~Crash~
01-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it either but it's true. He said he loves cabo with all the great golf courses and the amazing fishing. I took the risk and said I hope he took some time to enjoy it and made the comment "Life is short" lol it just came out. I have a good friend that takes special private parties out fishing on his Bertram 360, Coach took his number so maybe I'll see him again I will try to crew on my friends boat if Shanny does call.

you was good untile you said fishing ....:rofl:

broncosteven
01-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Doesn't sound like you told him you wanted change at the end of the year and that he be held accountable for the last 3 seasons.

baja
01-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I didn't think he liked to fish either but he mentioned he planned to get out on the water and do a little fishing that's when I mentioned my friend he really did seem interested. My friend's boat is decked out.

One thing I came away thinking is how loyal this guy is you could tell he was really pulling for Dennison to get his old job, I thought that was real cool. Dude needs some sun though.

~Crash~
01-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I didn't think he liked to fish either but he mentioned he planned to get out on the water and do a little fishing that's when I mentioned my friend he really did seem interested. My friend's boat is decked out.

One thing I came away thinking is how loyal this guy is you could tell he was really pulling for Dennison to get his old job, I thought that was real cool. Dude needs some sun though.

lol that last game coach looked like a Mexi ..you are showing cracks ....

baja
01-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Doesn't sound like you told him you wanted change at the end of the year and that he be held accountable for the last 3 seasons.

You're right I didn't. I have always been a big admirer of Mike Shanahan I voted to give him atleast one more season. I now agree with the move but who here would say that to him? He is a great man and has been a great coach for many years. I was honored to met him.

Bronco LB 59
01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
That's awesome baja. Thanks for sharing. I hear Shanahan has a vacation home down there.

baja
01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
What was amazing is nobody else there knew who he was.

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Now if Baja hadn't been posting for the past two hours in OTHER threads before posting this news, he might have hooked other posters.

But you don't go from posting in a religious thread and a thread about Al Davis and then say, "Oh wait, I met Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo! Let me tell the rest of the posters about this!"

Good try Baja, but it ain't gonna work.

broncosteven
01-10-2009, 01:22 PM
You're right I didn't. I have always been a big admirer of Mike Shanahan I voted to give him atleast one more season. I now agree with the move but who here would say that to him? He is a great man and has been a great coach for many years. I was honored to met him.

Those are cool moments. Enjoy it. This Franchise has had only 1 HOF HC I doubt it happens again in my lifetime.

baja
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Now if Baja hadn't been posting for the past two hours in OTHER threads before posting this news, he might have hooked other posters.

But you don't go from posting in a religious thread and a thread about Al Davis and then say, "Oh wait, I met Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo! Let me tell the rest of the posters about this!"

Good try Baja, but it ain't gonna work.

I live 5 minutes from the farmers market go looka at the time line there must be at least be a 1 1/2 gap there. At first I wasn't going to say anything about for this very reason I didn't think you guys would believe it. None the less it was a neat experience for and I still might get to go fishing with him. If I do maybe I should just keep that to myself.

Los Broncos
01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Not a surprise how do you think he keeps that tan.

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 01:31 PM
I live 5 minutes from the farmers market go looka at the time line there must be at least be a 1 1/2 gap there. At first I wasn't going to say anything about for this very reason I didn't think you guys would believe it. None the less it was a neat experience for and I still might get to go fishing with him. If I do maybe I should just keep that to myself.

No, there is an 8 minute gap between when you posted in the Al Davis thread and started this thread.

So in 8 minutes, you walked 5 minutes to the farmer's market, bumped in to mike shanahan, talked to shanahan and told him about your friend's boat, how to get in contact with him, talked about Rick Dennison etc, and then walked back 5 minutes, started this thread in about 3 minutes, but somehow managed to do all of this in 8 minutes.

Must be that mexican time!

broncosteven
01-10-2009, 01:31 PM
... None the less it was a neat experience for and I still might get to go fishing with him. If I do maybe I should just keep that to myself.

If you go fishing with him you have to invite Taco, myself and the other "Shanny lovers".

Shanny's pole would always have a hand on it the whole trip! I mean his fishing pole but Taco might have other ideas.

LOL

BABronco
01-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey now, you were supposed to do this (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76018) on other boards. :thumbs:

beat me to it:thumbs:

baja
01-10-2009, 01:33 PM
No, there is an 8 minute gap between when you posted in the Al Davis thread and started this thread.

So in 8 minutes, you walked 5 minutes to the farmer's market, bumped in to mike shanahan, talked to shanahan and told him about your friend's boat, how to get in contact with him, talked about Rick Dennison etc, and then walked back 5 minutes, started this thread in about 3 minutes, but somehow managed to do all of this in 8 minutes.

Must be that mexican time!

Dude I was at the farmer's market for about 1 and 1/2 hours maybe longer do all the math you care to but you are wrong.

baja
01-10-2009, 01:34 PM
If you go fishing with him you have to invite Taco, myself and the other "Shanny lovers".

Shanny's pole would always have a hand on it the whole trip! I mean his fishing pole but Taco might have other ideas.

LOL

Well I'll post some stuff if it happens but it's far from a sure thing.

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Dude I was at the farmer's market for about 1 and 1/2 hours maybe longer do all the math you care to but you are wrong.

Forum: Thunderdome 01-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Replies: 20 OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.
Views: 46 Posted By baja
I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it...

I don't blame you, I probably wouldn't believe it either but it's true. He said he loves cabo with all the great golf courses and the amazing fishing. I took the risk and said I hope he took some...

Forum: Thunderdome 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Replies: 20 OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.
Views: 46 Posted By baja
OMG! I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning in Cabo.

And of all places at the Farmer's Market in San Jose. At first I was not going to say anything but I was standing right beside him at one of the tamale stands. I decided to say Hey Coach I'm a big...

Forum: Thunderdome 01-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Replies: 8 We lost out.......because of Al Davis
Views: 148 Posted By baja
It would'a been cool to win a SB with Kiffen next...

It would'a been cool to win a SB with Kiffen next year if that didn't kill Al don't know what would.
Forum: War, Religion and Politics Thread 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Replies: 32 religious question: did the whole world goto hell after Christianity started?
Views: 154 Posted By baja
Or hire George Bush for exit strategy.

Or hire George Bush for exit strategy.
Forum: War, Religion and Politics Thread 01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Replies: 32 religious question: did the whole world goto hell after Christianity started?
Views: 154 Posted By baja
heaven or hell is a current event

heaven or hell is a current event :thumbs:

baja
01-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I left for the farmers market at about 9:15 or 9:30 and was there about an hour and a half go ahead and find a post from me during that time and you will prove me a lier. Be a hero do it.

baja
01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Cabo time is the same as denver time.

baja
01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Now go prove there is a hell.

tsiguy96
01-10-2009, 01:43 PM
is he in cabo trying to visit the world before society unravels as well, or are you alone on that? 10 more days before barrack becomes president and the world blows up.

baja
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Obama will give us a six months bump watch out after that. JMO

summerdenver
01-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Thats realy neat.

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I left for the farmers market at about 9:15 or 9:30 and was there about an hour and a half go ahead and find a post from me during that time and you will prove me a lier. Be a hero do it.

Exactly, you don't post about non-sense for two straight hours and then realize, "Oh snap wizzle, I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning and forgot tell everybody about it!!"

In minutes, you literally went from posting about Lane Kiffen to, I ran into Mike Shanahan this morning!

Good try, but its not going to work. A for effort though

baja
01-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Like I said I wasn't going to say anything for this very reason than I changed my mind. You ever do that?

Rock Chalk
01-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Cabo time is the same as denver time.

Do they count in peso's?

OBF1
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Baja would have had me buying the story if he had made a bet with shanny on who the next coach was going to be.

OBF1
01-10-2009, 02:01 PM
I forgot to tell you guys, I ran into Michael Jackson this morning at Kmart

baja
01-10-2009, 02:01 PM
I knew this was a bad idea to share this. ;D

watermock
01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Baja would have had me buying the story if he had made a bet with shanny on who the next coach was going to be.

Yeah, where's the bet aganst Dennison?

Spider
01-10-2009, 02:08 PM

LOL , well it is worth some entertainment value ........ Hell look at the one clown that went and checked out your post this morning ....... :rofl:

Arkansas Bronco
01-10-2009, 02:09 PM
I dont understand why so many disbelieve ya. I mean hell its really not that big a deal. If ya did then you got some decent info. I shook hands with Bill Clinton about a half dozen times that dont make me special he was just my Governor and popped into town every year.

illbroncsfn
01-10-2009, 02:19 PM

Don't sweat it baja, I for one appreciate you sharing and hope you run into Mike again soon.

Rock Chalk
01-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I dont understand why so many disbelieve ya. I mean hell its really not that big a deal. If ya did then you got some decent info. I shook hands with Bill Clinton about a half dozen times that dont make me special he was just my Governor and popped into town every year.

Wow that sucks.

baja
01-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Don't sweat it baja, I for one appreciate you sharing and hope you run into Mike again soon.

Well if I get to go on my friend's boat with him you can be sure I will only share via PMs what happens with the guys that believe me.

frerottenextelway
01-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Well if I get to go on my friend's boat with him you can be sure I will only share via PMs what happens with the guys that believe me.

You could - ya know - take a picture! ;D

or photoshop one....

Peoples Champ
01-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Man, I thought running into Chauncey Billups at Sams Diner in Denver was cool, you have me beat.

cutthemdown
01-10-2009, 02:39 PM
B.s

baja
01-10-2009, 02:44 PM
You could - ya know - take a picture! ;D

or photoshop one....

That's a great idea I will do that if the fishing happens. Hell I guess I could of done that today but I did not think of it, on second thought thats kind of hokie though I guess I wouldn't have done even if I'd of thought of it, guy deserves his privacy.

Dukes
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
No pictures Baja?

baja
01-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah, where's the bet aganst Dennison?

I took CBF1 about 10 seconds after the SD game for him to PM me his Pay Pal email, dude was hungry for that blood money. :rofl:

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
You guys do know that he owns a house in Cabo. Its where Peg spends most her time.

There is an easy way to figure this rumor out. I will call my buddies down at Centennial and get his tail number as I can't remember. We can pull up flight tracks and see when he flew down.

ak1971
01-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Did you tell him the end is near? and that he needs to bunker down because we are all ****ed?

baja
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
You guys do know that he owns a house in Cabo. Its where Peg spends most her time.

There is an easy way to figure this rumor out. I will call my buddies down at Centennial and get his tail number as I can't remember. We can pull up flight tracks and see when he flew down.

Whatever, He's here! Even if he took the bus...

tsiguy96
01-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Did you tell him the end is near? and that he needs to bunker down because we are all ****ed?

only 10 days til the apocalypse...

baja
01-10-2009, 03:52 PM
only 10 days til the apocalypse...

Don't you have some threads to go whine on I think you are over due.

BMarsh615
01-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Did you tell him that you talk trash about him on message boards 24 hours a day?

baja
01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Ya I've been here a lot lately but that will change when this house sells.

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I can't believe Baja is going to win that contest with this thread.

People are really gullible.

tsiguy96
01-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Don't you have some threads to go whine on I think you are over due.

do you have a death clock that points to the minute he gets put into office?

baja
01-10-2009, 04:23 PM
do you have a death clock that points to the minute he gets put into office?

I like Obama fool

Get off my thread and take it to the WPR ass hat.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Did you tell him that you talk trash about him on message boards 24 hours a day?

Did you tell Marshall that most the Mane likes him when he took his cock out of your mouth?

ghwk
01-10-2009, 04:44 PM
LOL , well it is worth some entertainment value ........ Hell look at the one clown that went and checked out your post this morning ....... :rofl:

So what are you saying, I'm fourth clown? Nyah!

Cito Pelon
01-10-2009, 05:27 PM

C'mon dude. Baja loves Shanny down deep. You figure he should have smacked Shanny with a tamale and screamed "You owe me a hundred dollars American"?

Meck77
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow Shanny travels fast. Ran into him on the slopes of Steamboat today. He said Pat was a gutless drunk.

baja
01-10-2009, 05:45 PM
That was probably McDaniels.

Donk
01-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 05:50 PM
I think i saw him playing lasertag a fat city last night.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Well I can't vouch for Baja but I do know Shanny is currently at his vacation home. This is the jet he flies on. This is a public record so I am not posting anything private. Companies are required to file a flight plan which are accessible by the public through websites like Flightaware.com. So please no drama.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N780CC/history/20090104/2020Z/MMSD/KAPA

~Crash~
01-10-2009, 06:18 PM
were is waldo

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Well I can't vouch for Baja but I do know Shanny is currently at his vacation home. This is the jet he flies on. This is a public record so I am not posting anything private. Companies are required to file a flight plan which are accessible by the public through websites like Flightaware.com. So please no drama.

Hmmmm pretty close to texas.

baja
01-10-2009, 06:29 PM
This is funny i shoulda snapped a pic;

baja
01-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Anyway Shanny says Dennison is ready to be a head coach and that had been the long range plan for quite some time now.. So I guess we will see.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-10-2009, 06:31 PM
You should have asked him about KC.

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 06:35 PM

Ya! wtf were you thinking :P

baja
01-10-2009, 06:36 PM
You should have asked him about KC.

I would have but I didn't want him to punch me.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Hmmmm pretty close to texas.

Hey I have no dog in this race. Flight Aware only starts tracking when they are handed off to a US Center. The only thing I can go off of is where it says destination.

ScottXray
01-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Baja, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I can't see any reason you would make BS up about Shanny being there , or your meeting him.:thumbsup:

If you do see him again just ask him if he would please stay away from the AFC West teams as we would like a chance to win the division in the next few years and not get Oakland style beat downs twice a year for the next 15 years.

Or if he has to go to the AFC west could he please hire Slowik? Jay would love to see those 10-15 yard cushions!:thumbs:

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey I have no dog in this race. Flight Aware only starts tracking when they are handed off to a US Center. The only thing I can go off of is where it says destination.

Could be a cover to go see jerry jones....

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Could be a cover to go see jerry jones....

Hmmmmmm that may very well be. But Schefter who has the best info in the league regarding Shanny said he won't talk football with anyone until after his 2 week vacation.

~Crash~
01-10-2009, 06:52 PM
yep this all happened and the rainbow evaporated and the pot full of SB's also disappeared ...

Now pass me that fatty

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 06:53 PM
yep this all happened and the rainbow evaporated and the pot full of SB's also disappeared ...

Now pass me that fatty

Sounds to me like you have already been hitting the hippy lettuce! :thanku:

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Just messin around baja ( just so ya know)

Cito Pelon
01-10-2009, 06:55 PM

I'm not trying to bag on you Baja, but is that a Freudian slip - "ran into" Shanahan at a "tamale stand"? It wasn't perchance a papaya stand and you bumped into Shanny with a trouser tamale?

Yeah, we really need a pic. Jeez, dude. ;D

baja
01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Baja, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I can't see any reason you would make BS up about Shanny being there , or your meeting him.:thumbsup:

If you do see him again just ask him if he would please stay away from the AFC West teams as we would like a chance to win the division in the next few years and not get Oakland style beat downs twice a year for the next 15 years.

Or if he has to go to the AFC west could he please hire Slowik? Jay would love to see those 10-15 yard cushions!:thumbs:

LOl I don't know if you read all the thread but I gave Shanny the # of a friend of mine that has a SOA Bertran 360 fishing boat and Shanny might call him to hire it for a day of fishing and if he does I will crew on the boat that day. I'll keep you posted. ;D

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 06:58 PM
LOl I don't know if you read all the thread but I gave Shanny the # of a friend of mine that has a SOA Bertran 360 fishing boat and Shanny might call him to hire it for a day of fishing and if he does I will crew on the boat that day. I'll keep you posted. ;D

You mister BETTER remember the camera this time.

orinjkrush
01-10-2009, 06:58 PM
pretty good story baja.
how big was the fish?

a bertram 360 is a pint sized fishin boat for somebody with shanny's $$$$

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.elitemarine.it/images/bertram_360_01g.jpg

Yeah it is kind of small. But seriously Baja was just trying to plug his friend.

Blueflame
01-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Hmmmmmm that may very well be. But Schefter who has the best info in the league regarding Shanny said he won't talk football with anyone until after his 2 week vacation.

... a timeframe which leaves all but 2 teams free to talk about possible coaching changes....

baja
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
pretty good story baja.
how big was the fish?

Shows what you know it's not the size of the boat it's the equipment and the skill of the captain and there is non better that my buddy. He's been here longer than I have (1989) and he knows how to find the fish. Shanny was just another guy looking for a reference from a local guy. NBD

We had a nice talk about golf and fishing and Shanny seemed genuinely interested the only talk about football was that small comment about Dennison and that was very casual thing. I figured he gets football questions all the time and I stayed away from that

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
And ApaOps5 is bending over backwards to support Baja's story....

...calling the airport, posting pics of some random flight, talking about Shanny's vacation...

The question is, why?

~Crash~
... a timeframe which leaves all but 2 teams free to talk about possible coaching changes....

I am willing to bet that Shanahan will be coaching next year any smart guy that think different ?

Cito Pelon
Anyway Shanny says Dennison is ready to be a head coach and that had been the long range plan for quite some time now.. So I guess we will see.

Yah, I figured Shanny was pushing Dennison. He'd been grooming him for a long time. Dennison might still be in the hunt.

True story - I'm not making this up to be a dick or make fun of your thread - I was fishing about five years ago and conversed with a guy from Sheridan Wyoming that knew little about the NFL except his cousin was Rick Dennison. He was asking me what I thought about Dennison because the family was talking about Dennison as being a big deal in the Bronco hierarchy.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 07:18 PM

...calling the airport, posting pics of some random flight, talking about Shanny's vacation...

The question is, why?

Nah I didn't have to call the airport. I just didn't want to sound like a dork that I knew his tail number.

The only think fishy is that link I posted shows the return flight. Which was really close to the firing date.

baja
01-10-2009, 07:21 PM

The question is, why?

You're a funny guy, me thinks apaops was trying to bust me and was surprised to see the flight plan corroborated my story lol. :rofl:

Hey no big deal to me but I will say it was a hoot to meet one of the people I have admired for years and get a chance to talk with him in a casual way.l

baja
01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Nah I didn't have to call the airport. I just didn't want to sound like a dork that I knew his tail number.

The only think fishy is that link I posted shows the return flight. Which was really close to the firing date.

Most private jets don't just sit here for two weeks they usually go back to work unless it is owned outright by the traveling party.

But anyway I really don't care if you believe it or not, I just hope I get to go fishing with him.

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 07:25 PM

So how EXACTLY does posting that flightware.com photo explain Shanahan is in Mexico?

The page doesn't say, "This is the flight Mike Shanahan is on." All it really proves, if anything, is that a plane left Denver headed for Mexico. Noooooo! Say it ain't so! A plane left Denver for Mexico!! That proves it! Mike is in Cabo and met Baja at a Tamale stand!

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 07:26 PM
lighten up francis

baja
01-10-2009, 07:26 PM
So how EXACTLY does posting that flightware.com photo explain Shanahan is in Mexico?

The page doesn't say, "This is the flight Mike Shanahan is on." All it really proves, if anything, is that a plane left Denver headed for Mexico. Noooooo! Say it ain't so! A plane left Denver for Mexico!! That proves it! Mike is in Cabo and met Baja at a Tamale stand!

They also sold sopas

bronco0608
01-10-2009, 07:27 PM
You're a funny guy, me thinks apaops was trying to bust me and was surprised to see the flight plan corroborated my story lol. :rofl:

Hey no big deal to me but I will say it was a hoot to meet one of the people I have admired for years and get a chance to talk with him in a casual way.l

no, you two are cahoots. The first post Apa had in this thread was, "Mike has a house in Cabo and Peggy spends the year there." He jumped in a little too gung ho, you know.

But whatever, I'm done with this. You fooled many, and you shall fool many more and win the contest. Good look to you!

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 07:28 PM

You could very well be right. I just know that Shanny owns a house in Cabo because I used to work at Centennial. If you search posts from me you will find it. I don't believe the story. I tried to easily disqualify it but the jet did return from Cabo on January 6th.

So that tells me that either A) Peggy flew back or B) They dropped Shanny off and came back for another flight because he shares it with other owners.

I actually thought I could bust Baja for a bogus story but I was wrong.

~Crash~
01-10-2009, 07:29 PM

how you figure that is one long dusty drive for tamales ....

baja
01-10-2009, 07:32 PM
But the scenery is great and you have a lot of time to think.;D

DBBBSBS
01-10-2009, 07:37 PM
when someone defends that badly he is for sure not telling truth. baja is a liar

BroncoBuff
01-10-2009, 07:38 PM
It's 18 minutes actually, but that's a good bit of detective work.

Nice try though, baja.

baja
01-10-2009, 07:41 PM
LOL find a post by me between 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM(Roughly) this morning and I will fly you to Cabo ;D

BroncoBuff
01-10-2009, 07:46 PM

Interesting .... that flight plan does put him in Cabo. But not today.

That flight is from Cabo to Centennial, and it happened on January 4. So Mike or somebody flew from Cabo TO DENVER on the 4th. Which means they must be back home by now.

Nice try though baja ;D

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 07:46 PM
when someone defends that badly he is for sure not telling truth. baja is a liar

Exactly, whats even funnier is me trying to bust it actually worked out because people think me and the Hippy are in cahoots!

theAPAOps5
01-10-2009, 07:47 PM

That flight is from Cabo to Centennial, and it happened on January 4. So Mike or somebody flew from Cabo TO DENVER on the 4th. Which means they must be back home by now.

Nice try though baja ;D

Yeah and how about reading the next few posts where I actually say the only thing fishy is its coming from Cabo way too close to his fire date.

baja
01-10-2009, 07:48 PM

Nice try though baja ;D

This is really funny - it sure looked like Shanny and he knew a lot about Rick Dennison ;D

Well I'm out for now.

ghwk
01-10-2009, 07:48 PM
As much as I want to bust baja he is right about the jets not hanging around for two weeks unless they are flown down there by their actual owner (and even then there's a chance it will be rented for hire). There is no doubt in my mind that Shanny could afford to own one if he wanted to but it would be a huge wast of dinero, he just wouldn't have the opportunity to go anywhere enough to make the economics work out.

<!-- icon and title --> http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/icons/icon1.gif
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by orinjkrush http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2243979#post2243979)
pretty good story baja.
how big was the fish?

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

"Shows what you know it's not the size of the boat it's the equipment" (quote from baja)

Ahem, so what kind of "ahem" equipment does this boat come with? I always thought it wasn't the size of the boat but how you used it that mattered.

And congratulations for pulling 100 responses out of this cheap ass lie :thumbs:

BroncoBuff
01-10-2009, 07:58 PM
LOL find a post by me between 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM(Roughly) this morning and I will fly you to Cabo ;D
Agreed ... no posts by you between 9:10 and 12:30 Saturday morning.

Problem is that after this break .... a break during which you allegedly met Mike Shanahan face-to-face and discussed substantive details of the ongoing Broncos head-coach soap opera ... you chose to spend 18 minutes making eight posts in the MOST banal and boring active threads on the board, including the "Growth of Wal-Mart," missing out on Lane Kiffin as HC, the historical impact of Christianity ... even gaffney's latest 9/11 truther theories!

Sorry my friend, I'm calling you on this.

It's a mockery!

It's a sham!

It's a Sham-Wow-Ockery!

(I want points in the game for uncovering this please ;D)

frerottenextelway
01-10-2009, 08:05 PM
the MOST banal and boring active threads on the board, including the "Growth of Wal-Mart,"

**** you. ;D

Cito Pelon
01-10-2009, 08:08 PM
They also sold sopas

Did you actually buy something or were you just satisfied with stalking Shanahan? Did Shanny actually buy anything or did you creep him out too much? ;D

Rank&File
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Whatever Baja..Senility is a bitch huh?

~Crash~
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
But the scenery is great and you have a lot of time to think.;D

Dood you have my vote for Traveshamockery well worked and stayed on topic. hell you had me at times .:thumbsup:

that took balls and I know there could be hooks there is still guys wanting to belive ...

this is strange but I thought today I wonder if shanahan is in berma for you to tell us all were he is you should get major points for that ....

baja
01-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Dood you have my vote for Traveshamockery well worked and stayed on topic. hell you had me at times .:thumbsup:

that took balls and I know there could be hooks there is still guys wanting to belive ...

this is strange but I thought today I wonder if shanahan is in berma for you to tell us all were he is you should get major points for that ....

OK Now I get it, I just read this Traveshamockery thread No wonder you are all saying what you are saying. I get it!

Well lets see if I get to go fishing with Mike, we'll see who is bull shiiting who.

OK Good Night Bronco fans

BTW how do you feel about Dennison as your new head coach personally if Mike likes it that's good enough for me.

tsiguy96
01-10-2009, 08:30 PM
OK Now I get it, I just read this Traveshamockery thread No wonder you are all saying what you are saying. I get it!

Well lets see if I get to go fishing with Mike, we'll see who is bull shiiting who.

OK Good Night Bronco fans

BTW how do you feel about Dennison as your new head coach personally if Mike likes it that's good enough for me.

mike just got canned, i dont care who he thinks should be HC of the broncos :D

~Crash~
01-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Whatever Baja..Senility is a b**** huh?:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Rank&File
01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Catch a big one

baja
01-10-2009, 08:36 PM
mike just got canned, i dont care who he thinks should be HC of the broncos :D

Congratulations I've decided I don't like you that puts you in select company here.

Play2win
01-10-2009, 08:42 PM
So Mods, when is this thread gonna get merged with that, you know, other thread... ;D

BroncoBuff
01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
You just read it?

Funny .... you posted in that thread on Page 1!

Rank&File
01-10-2009, 08:48 PM
heh, baja is in the zone tonight

baja
01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
You just read it?

Funny .... you posted in that thread on Page 1!
Ya post #6

The world as we know it will end on Dec 21 2012

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/2012/

the thread is 3 pages long, like I said I just read it.

Needa Pass Rush
01-10-2009, 08:57 PM

Jock sniffer. ;)

mhgaffney
01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
I never could handle the San Jose sprawl.

For those who don't know -- that is not a technical term -- just plain vernacular.

MHG

baja
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Are you talking about San Jose California or San jose del Cabo BCS Mx.

Bronx33
01-10-2009, 09:18 PM
No conspiracies here move along...

baja
01-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Well, well, well I just got off the phone with my friend, he told me some guy named Mike Shelter called him early this morning asking if he and his boat would be available for hire on Monday. I think it is Shanahan and he is using a false name.

My friend asked where he was from and the answer he got was Colorado. When my friend asked him how many people he said just himself and he wanted a turkey sandwich for lunch and didn't need any beer he wanted a good supply of Pellegrino on board. He said he wanted to fish for marlin.

I think it's Shanny so I am going to crew for my friend. We are going out at 5:30. We'll see.

Meck77
01-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, well, well I just got off the phone with my friend, he told me some guy named Mike Shelter called him early this morning asking if he and his boat would be available for hire on Monday. I think it is Shanahan and he is using a false name.

My friend asked where he was from and the answer he got was Colorado. When my friend asked him how many people he said just himself and he wanted a turkey sandwich for lunch and didn't need any beer he wanted a good supply of Pellegrino on board. He said he wanted to fish for marlin.

I think it's Shanny so I am going to crew for my friend. We are going out at 5:30. We'll see.

Well, well, well! All you have to do now is bring your camera and take a pic of Mike Shanahan or Mike Shelter *snicker* sipping pellegrino and eating a turkey sandwich! You've gone to such great lengths to sell this "story" so now is your chance to prove it!

Or let me guess. You don't feel the need to have to prove this story to anyone on the omane?
:sailaway: :captain:

:stuck: :drown:

Maybe he's hitching a ride with Shanny?

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6135/obamaeatingbi5.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/obamaeatingbi5.png/1/w286.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img519/obamaeatingbi5.png/1/)

Bronx33
01-11-2009, 08:32 AM

Don't forget the damn camera this time! ;D

orinjkrush
01-11-2009, 08:57 AM
yeah, and take a picture of the "equipment" too!

LMAO

Spider
01-11-2009, 09:02 AM
LOL all of these cyber detectives will **** a brick if Baja is right ......
only thing I will add is my grandfather owned his own plane , little Cessna Station air , you wouldn believe the cost of landing a plane at an air port , much less the fees involved for hangering one or parking one .......... Appa kinda shocked you didnt get this ......... Much cheaper to fly down , land , then fly back to your home hanger ........

Cito Pelon
01-11-2009, 09:13 AM

Did he use the batphone?

Rohirrim
01-11-2009, 10:33 AM
If Baja says it's true, it's true. :thumbs:

mosca
01-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing the info, Baja.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I must say, this has been the most entertaining thread I've seen in a while. The lengths you guys have gone to disprove this retarded story are impressive! haha

RunSilentRunDeep
01-11-2009, 11:43 AM
I can back up Baja's story. I've have a friend who uses a hooker that once blew the plastic surgeon that does the work on Annabel Bowlen. He said Bowlen and Shanny got together and came up with a secret 18-year plan to develop Dennison into a head coach.

The first 14 years would be spent having Rick bounce around positions and run the special teams into the ground. Then, Shanny would retire to Cabo (although it was agreed to look like a firing so Pat Bowlen could show he still had balls).

After that, Dennison would be given a token interview and then continue his grooming under a rookie head coach. If Dennison continues to prove himself by coordinating an offense racks up a lot of yards but not so many points, in 2013 his gets the top job.

jhat01
01-11-2009, 01:20 PM
He already confessed.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 05:13 PM

Now you have plenty of time to tell him that your glad he was held accountable for going 24-24 over last 3 years.

Poor Mike, he is going to show up and find a bunch of old guys crewing and want to shoot himself. If you really like him then hire at least one hot chick!

baja
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
how do you know i'm not a hot chick

Ratboy
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
That's so awesome, Baja.

Did you get any pictures?

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 05:21 PM

MoC told me he shared a cell with you a year or so ago.

broncosteven
01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Plummer said he and his Brother lost a Handball tourney to you and your skipper.

broncogary
01-11-2009, 05:27 PM

Then we'll definitely need pictures.;D

atomicbloke
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
So.... did Mike Shelter show up?

Bronx33
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
So.... did Mike Shelter show up?

Ya he showed baja his mr twister and rattling rapala.

baja
01-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Ya I just got back what a day I tell ya more later.

Rohirrim
01-12-2009, 05:34 PM
So, did Mike catch anything? How did you do? ;D

broncogary
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
So, did Mike catch anything? How did you do? ;D

Yeah, does he like hot chicks? ;D

Needa Pass Rush
01-13-2009, 11:18 AM

The "OMG!!!!" factor seems to have subsided a bit. No juicy stories for us, Baja? ???

crawdad
01-13-2009, 12:51 PM

I believe you Baja, Here is my picture.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp68/denverbronx/MIKENME2.jpg

mosca
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
This is turning into an urban myth of snopes.com proportions...

baja
01-13-2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.mexfish.com/mfn/mfn2007/mfn070430/magic.jpg

oubronco
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
http://www.mexfish.com/mfn/mfn2007/mfn070430/magic.jpg

is this Shanny or the "Hot Chick" :rofl:

DBBBSBS
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
i cannot belive some bogus thread like this is still going on.

jhat01
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM
where's your old ass at?

baja
01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
i cannot belive some bogus thread like this is still going on.

Go stand in front of a full length mirror and ask yourself, "Why do I keep clicking on to this thread."

baja
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM
where's your old ass at?

Who do you think took the picture?

crawdad
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM
You ass, you had me believing it!

baja
01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
is this Shanny or the "Hot Chick" :rofl:

He looks happy doesn't he?

baja
01-13-2009, 03:04 PM
What a day

http://underagedrvers.blogspot.com/110404%20los%20cabos%20sunrise.jpg

jhat01
01-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Who do you think took the picture?

:approve:

DBBBSBS
01-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Go stand in front of a full length mirror and ask yourself, "Why do I keep clicking on to this thread."

i cannot belive so many belived ur lie.. and it keeps in the top few. so i want to check and see your lie, how is it doing the work

baja
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM
i cannot belive so many belived ur lie.. and it keeps in the top few. so i want to check and see your lie, how is it doing the work

http://www.eastcape.org/Pictures/May2000/marlin_0511.jpg

THE END