PDA

View Full Version : Romanowski wants to the Broncos Head Coach

montrose
01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grEJ7XnrQJ4JeFdskPyn-2O0XjzgD95JCCFO0

Former Broncos star has ideal candidate for coach
By PAT GRAHAM

DENVER (AP) — Bill Romanowski has the perfect coaching candidate in mind for the Denver Broncos, a dark horse, somebody out of the blue who's on nobody's radar — himself.

The former Pro Bowl linebacker who spends his post-playing days running a nutrition company and dabbling in broadcasting and acting told The Associated Press on Thursday night that he's serious about wanting a chance at coaching his old team.

He said he sent Broncos owner Pat Bowlen a lengthy PowerPoint presentation touting his credentials and outlining the fresh ideas he would bring to the job that Mike Shanahan held for 14 seasons before his stunning dismissal last week.

"I can't stop thinking about this," said Romanowski, who played for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Denver and Oakland during a standout 16-year career in the NFL that was marred by a bad temper and his admitted use of THG, the designer steroid at the center of the BALCO scandal.

"This may be a complete fantasy and that's all right ... At the end of the day, nothing may happen from it."

Romanowski has no official NFL coaching experience, just a knowledge from the players' perspective.

"For Pat to do something like this, it would take him being a visionary, thinking outside the box," said Romanowski, whose coaching experience includes helping with his son's football team. "Him hiring me, it's a long shot. I understand that. I know that."

The Broncos met with Miami Dolphins secondary coach Todd Bowles on Thursday, the seventh candidate to interview for the job. All are current NFL assistant coaches. Team spokesman Patrick Smyth said there were no other candidates scheduled to interview for the vacancy, one of the most coveted in all of football.

The Broncos had no comment on Romanowski's interest in the coaching vacancy.

Romanowski is hopeful that Bowlen gives him even a courtesy call because he's certain he can win him over.

"I truly believe that I'd be the best person in the country for the job. That's me being confident in my abilities," Romanowski said.

In his more than 30-page presentation that he zipped off to Bowlen, Romanowski outlined how he'd run things if he were in charge. He would hire a new defensive staff and revamp the player personnel department, analyzing the college scouting system in a new way, he said.

"I'd take the top 60 colleges in the country that produce pro prospects and I would treat those 60 like they were their own league and start looking at freshmen when they come in," Romanowski said. "When 80 percent of your talent comes from 20 percent of the colleges, I think you ought to have a pretty strong focus on those colleges."

Romanowski would also hire a full-time nutritionist and recruit some of the world's elite strength and conditioning coaches, he said.

"I'd have literally a full-time person mixing up protein shakes every day," said Romanowski, who is president and CEO of a nutritional company called Nutrition53. "The business is football, which is having fast, strong, explosive players."

He'd also have on staff someone to keep an eye on the emotional well-being of the players, he said.

"In the NFL now, nobody touches (that)," Romanowski said. "They only try to fix it when it breaks, when someone ... has trouble with alcohol or drugs. How about a performance coach?"

Bowlen fired Shanahan after the Broncos blew a three-game lead with three weeks left in the season and finished 8-8, missing the playoffs for the third straight year, something that hadn't happened in Denver since 1980-82.

Romanowski thinks he can help get the team back on track.

"I laid out a whole game plan on how I'd do these things," he said. "I love what I do now. It's not like I have to have the head coaching job for the Denver Broncos. I happen to be pretty confident in my abilities and I know what I could do there."

Pseudofool
01-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Yipes

ro_50
01-08-2009, 08:05 PM
If Romo becomes coach, who would he bring in as offensive coordinator? Any thoughts (sense my sarcasm).

SureShot
01-08-2009, 08:06 PM
This should have been posted in the ROFL thread.

Sassy
01-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Completely insane...

extralife
01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey, I guess I should spend an hour whipping up a 30 page powerpoint presentation too.

Dukes
01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Romo for HC, Elway for GM and let TD run the offense.:oyvey:

BroncoFiend
01-08-2009, 08:08 PM
He is an idiot

broncosteven
01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Funny but I got a Powerpoint presentation on why I should hire some guy to mow my lawn and take out the trash.

montrose
01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm completely 100% on board with hiring Romo as "Official Defensive Motivator". He would have no other job than to get in the faces of defensive players and light a fire under their butts.

yerner
01-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Who taught Romo powerpoint?

Bronco LB 59
01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
One things for sure, Romo would provide our team with the best amphetamines available. Can you imagine the clean, high grade **** he use to take to get jacked up before gametime?

DomCasual
01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow. I'm kind of embarrassed for him. It's one thing to think it. It's another thing to tell the press about it.

broncosteven
01-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm completely 100% on board with hiring Romo as "Official Defensive Motivator". He would have no other job than to get in the faces of defensive players and light a fire under their butts.

I miss the days when we had a real SAM LB that could blitz, force fumbles and lay the wood.

Gort
01-08-2009, 08:28 PM
he'd be good on special teams. at least better than what we've got. :wiggle:

Blart
01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I agree that NFL teams need better nutritionists. Roddy White was eating McDonalds daily until this year, and look how much he improved.

baja
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
He has some good ideas like the nutrition and the shakes i like the personal coaching idea too.

montrose
01-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I miss the days when we had a real SAM LB that could blitz, force fumbles and lay the wood.

Romo was a true playmaker. Whether you liked him or not, he really made things happen.

I agree that NFL teams need better nutritionists. Roddy White was eating McDonalds daily until this year, and look how much he improved.

I've spoke to more than a few fans who've caught B-Marsh at the Burger King on Federal before gameday. One of those games was his 18-catch game against San Diego. Regardless, these guys need to take better care of their bodies before they turn 30 and they're forced too.

cutthemdown
01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
If Romo pursued it he could probably be a strength and conditioning coach. He was a work out warrior and really knew how to get ready for a football game.

TheReverend
01-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I think the only thing that could ever possibly make me stop being a Bronco fan is if Romo were hired as the head coach.

...but I'd have to watch it for hilarities sake every day.

TheReverend
01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Wow. I'm kind of embarrassed for him. It's one thing to think it. It's another thing to tell the press about it.

...and yet ANOTHER thing to make a 30 page power point presentation and send it to Pat

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ghwk
01-08-2009, 09:04 PM

And hawk up a loogie, let's not forget how that guy could get up a good green slab o sticky wet mucous and toss it with accuracy on target. Sort of the "smart bomb' of loogie tossers.

Los Broncos
01-08-2009, 09:06 PM
What he hell is he thinking lol.

Donk
01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Not head coach; but bring him on board and let that pony run.
Very interesting!

Taco John
01-08-2009, 09:16 PM
The guy's got spirit, you've gotta give him that...

Borks147
01-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Mort is reporting he is the front runner now....

TheDave
01-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Looks like those concussions did have long term effects.

footstepsfrom#27
01-08-2009, 09:29 PM
As passionate as he is about competing, he ought to start somewhere in college and work his way up the food chain, but if he did that I could see him someday being back in the NFL as a coach. Being an ex-NFL player, somebody will hire him if he wants to coach. He'd at least know how to motivate I think.

Ironlung
01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
If he never went to the raiders............maybe.

Sodak
01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Romo's an idiot. He can barely form a cohesive sentence. Watching him on the Broncos Report is painful.

He was a monster on the field though...

ScottXray
01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Romo always brought it,even if it was out of control sometimes.

He has some good ideas about the nutrition and stuff. But HC?

The roids have done their damage I see.

I could see him getting a job at a college first, then be some kind of
coach in the NFL....if he doesn't kill a player for dropping a pick or something along the way. Master Motivator!

BroncoMan4ever
01-08-2009, 09:37 PM
hell bring him in to work with our LB's. he could give us a very nasty and badass attitude for our LB corps.

i'd kill to get a guy like Romo back on defense. if he can teach them his mentallity it is a huge plus for us.

ZONA
01-08-2009, 09:39 PM
If I was Bowlen I would call him back and say there are no short cuts to being a HC in this league. If you are serious about doing that, then prove it by coming in here and being a conditioning coach. Then in a few years you can be a LB coach, and if you do good then possibly a DC and then.............well, you get the point. You earn it. You don't whip up some powerpoint presentation.

Ambiguous
01-08-2009, 09:41 PM

That's actually a good idea. And since he's not playing, we can pump him full of roids for full effect right? I'm not joking, I think that could work.

Ambiguous
01-08-2009, 09:42 PM
One things for sure, Romo would provide our team with the best amphetamines available. Can you imagine the clean, high grade **** he use to take to get jacked up before gametime?

Ummm amphetamines would have the opposite effect. Not a whole lot of jacked up meth users last time I checked.

Popps
01-08-2009, 09:48 PM

I miss the days when we had any linebackers that could do that.

Popps
01-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Ummm amphetamines would have the opposite effect. Not a whole lot of jacked up meth users last time I checked.

Ummm... you know it's called "speed," right?

So, yea... "last time I checked," amphetamines would indeed "jack" you up.

Wow.

rugbythug
01-08-2009, 09:52 PM

Guess jacked up can mean more than one thing

Taco John
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I especially like the part where he challenges that Bowlen would have to be some sort of visionary to make a move like this.

Yeah, Bill. That's what I was thinking.

cutler_to_marshall
01-08-2009, 11:06 PM
If I was Bowlen I would call him back and say there are no short cuts to being a HC in this league. If you are serious about doing that, then prove it by coming in here and being a conditioning coach. Then in a few years you can be a LB coach, and if you do good then possibly a DC and then.............well, you get the point. You earn it. You don't whip up some powerpoint presentation.

I think we would set records for games missed for players failing drug tests.

Ambiguous
01-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Ummm... you know it's called "speed," right?

So, yea... "last time I checked," amphetamines would indeed "jack" you up.

Wow.

I guess it depends...

In the Romo context I would assume "jacked" means building muscle, you know, injecting test or whatever he was doing back in the day.

If you mean "jacked" by smoking/shooting meth, staying up for a week scrubbing the grout in your bathroom for 36 hours and losing 25 pounds over the course of a week, I think we are talking about separate things.

Thanks for your idiotic condescending post though.

Popps
01-08-2009, 11:15 PM
I guess it depends...

In the Romo context I would assume "jacked" means building muscle, you know, injecting test or whatever he was doing back in the day.

If you mean "jacked" by smoking/shooting meth, staying up for a week scrubbing the grout in your bathroom for 36 hours and losing 25 pounds over the course of a week, I think we are talking about separate things.

Thanks for your idiotic condescending post though.

Check your own post, sport.

It started with... "ummmm"...... and ended with ... "last time I checked."

Condescending indeed.

Too bad what came in between your two clever quips was so grossly incorrect.

So, again... we're not talking about "context," we're talking about your misunderstanding of the medical definition of a word and absolute misuse of that word.

You were wrong, the other guy was right.

The end.

Bronco Yoda
01-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Funny but I got a Powerpoint presentation on why I should hire some guy to mow my lawn and take out the trash.

She didn't buy did she....... mine neither.

kdissette
01-09-2009, 03:22 AM
I will say right now.....if romo(that piece of shi......t) becomes head coach of my favorite team......I will officiallly swear off pat bowlen as a legitimate human being and become a chiefs fan........or kill myself....both seam the only reasonable end...

MechanicalBull
01-09-2009, 04:00 AM
I bet Merriman would love to play for Romo. They can exchange advice on suppliments.

loborugger
01-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Downside: He is completely underprepared for the job and would be overwhelmed from day 1.

Upside: He knows how to beat the steroids tests & there would be no one who would physically intimidate the coach.

Its a draw. I say flip a coin, Pat.

Orange_Beard
01-09-2009, 06:13 AM
His wife can bring some good ****.

cmhargrove
01-09-2009, 06:28 AM
I think Romo sees this as his only real shot to get back on the field.

First, get head coaching job.

Second, hire yourself to also play. You will be the first head coach/player in history.

I see the plan now, brilliant...

Beantown Bronco
01-09-2009, 06:40 AM
That's actually a good idea. And since he's not playing, we can pump him full of roids for full effect right? I'm not joking, I think that could work.

Coaches and assistants actually get tested too. I remember one getting suspended last year for taking some supplements that were on the banned list.

Beantown Bronco
01-09-2009, 06:42 AM
I think we would set records for games missed for players failing drug tests.

Why? Romo never missed any. Of all the players in the league, he knew each and every ingredient in every supplement he ever took and knew exactly what to stay away from to fail the league tests. He took pride in that.

Chris
01-09-2009, 07:01 AM
http://sha3teely.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/box.jpg

alkemical
01-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Does anyone else find it funny that Romo made a powerpoint presentation, but shanny can't use email?

supermanhr9
01-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Well, I'm going out on a limb here,,,,, BRING HIM IN. The guy is totally insane, and that might be the perfect thing for us, or the beginning of a 0-16 franchise, I dunno, I'm just ready for something to happen it's killing me!

crowebomber
01-09-2009, 07:57 AM
How's his son's team do this year? If he interviews really, really good I say bring him in despite his lack of experience. Isn't that how we should be thinking Raheem Morris fans?

baja
01-09-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm for giving Tony Robbins a look.

supermanhr9
01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I quickly take back my statement,, DON't DO IT BOWLEN!!!

supermanhr9
01-09-2009, 08:08 AM
If Romo comes in it will be a total shock to the franchise, who knows what could happen....

Peoples Champ
01-09-2009, 08:12 AM
If Brandon Marshall was caught lying about a "Mcdonald's Wrapper" he would be punched in the face

Ambiguous
01-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Check your own post, sport.

So, again... we're not talking about "context," we're talking about your misunderstanding of the medical definition of a word and absolute misuse of that word.

So what exactly is the "medical definition" of "jacked", doctor?

crowebomber
01-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Romo's recipe for success:

First time a player makes a mistake - An in-your-face militaristic public drilling of player complete with Romo eye bulge and neck veins.

Second offense: Double the HGH right off the bat and couple that with a full urine and fecal analysis to measure the body's chemical makeup. If testosterone does not measure at equine levels go back and quadruple the HGH prescription.

Third offense: On-the-field beat down resulting in broken eye orbit.

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Do we get Mrs Romanowski as a part of the deal??? (is her name Julie?)

I'm on the fence on whether the Romo idea is even worth wasting time on, ... but I could be swayed by the idea of a coach with a SMOKIN' HOT wife! :wiggle:

Pick Six
01-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I didn't know the Onion cared about the Denver Broncos coaching search. That's sweet...

montrose
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
This image is to never leave Coach Romo's face:

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2005/10/13/image942489g.jpg

Man-Goblin
01-09-2009, 08:40 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that powerpoint presentation resembled the pictures posted by DemonEagles on this board.

TheReverend
01-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Coaches and assistants actually get tested too. I remember one getting suspended last year for taking some supplements that were on the banned list.

HGH to help with his erectile dysfunction, I believe?

LordHelmchen
01-09-2009, 10:30 AM

I'm assuming that he is referring ot the fact that methamphetamine (meth) and amphetamine (speed) are two different things.

Rock Chalk
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Spoken like a man who has no idea how amphetamines affect the body.

Amphetamines are drugs that raise the heart rate and give the user a general sense of euphoria with heightened awareness and faster reflexes. The side effects of this are increased adrenalin throughout the body and a dangerous increase in the heart's pump rate which can cause heart attacks.

Here is what your sentence should have said with the correct drugs:

Umm, potheads would have the opposite effect. Not a whole lot of jacked up stoners last time I checked

Rock Chalk
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm assuming that he is referring ot the fact that methamphetamine (meth) and amphetamine (speed) are two different things.

True indeed.

Meth is actually more dangerous than typical amphetamines like "Speed" or coke or crack.

A "bump" of meth is equal to about 3 lines of coke. Ive never met a crankhead that wasnt jacked up at all times.

Tombstone RJ
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grEJ7XnrQJ4JeFdskPyn-2O0XjzgD95JCCFO0

By PAT GRAHAM

DENVER (AP) Bill Romanowski has the perfect coaching candidate in mind for the Denver Broncos, a dark horse, somebody out of the blue who's on nobody's radar himself.

The former Pro Bowl linebacker who spends his post-playing days running a nutrition company and dabbling in broadcasting and acting told The Associated Press on Thursday night that he's serious about wanting a chance at coaching his old team.

He said he sent Broncos owner Pat Bowlen a lengthy PowerPoint presentation touting his credentials and outlining the fresh ideas he would bring to the job that Mike Shanahan held for 14 seasons before his stunning dismissal last week.

"I can't stop thinking about this," said Romanowski, who played for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Denver and Oakland during a standout 16-year career in the NFL that was marred by a bad temper and his admitted use of THG, the designer steroid at the center of the BALCO scandal.

"This may be a complete fantasy and that's all right ... At the end of the day, nothing may happen from it."

Romanowski has no official NFL coaching experience, just a knowledge from the players' perspective.

"For Pat to do something like this, it would take him being a visionary, thinking outside the box," said Romanowski, whose coaching experience includes helping with his son's football team. "Him hiring me, it's a long shot. I understand that. I know that."

The Broncos met with Miami Dolphins secondary coach Todd Bowles on Thursday, the seventh candidate to interview for the job. All are current NFL assistant coaches. Team spokesman Patrick Smyth said there were no other candidates scheduled to interview for the vacancy, one of the most coveted in all of football.

Romanowski is hopeful that Bowlen gives him even a courtesy call because he's certain he can win him over.

"I truly believe that I'd be the best person in the country for the job. That's me being confident in my abilities," Romanowski said.

In his more than 30-page presentation that he zipped off to Bowlen, Romanowski outlined how he'd run things if he were in charge. He would hire a new defensive staff and revamp the player personnel department, analyzing the college scouting system in a new way, he said.

"I'd take the top 60 colleges in the country that produce pro prospects and I would treat those 60 like they were their own league and start looking at freshmen when they come in," Romanowski said. "When 80 percent of your talent comes from 20 percent of the colleges, I think you ought to have a pretty strong focus on those colleges."

Romanowski would also hire a full-time nutritionist and recruit some of the world's elite strength and conditioning coaches, he said.

"I'd have literally a full-time person mixing up protein shakes every day," said Romanowski, who is president and CEO of a nutritional company called Nutrition53. "The business is football, which is having fast, strong, explosive players."

He'd also have on staff someone to keep an eye on the emotional well-being of the players, he said.

"In the NFL now, nobody touches (that)," Romanowski said. "They only try to fix it when it breaks, when someone ... has trouble with alcohol or drugs. How about a performance coach?"

Bowlen fired Shanahan after the Broncos blew a three-game lead with three weeks left in the season and finished 8-8, missing the playoffs for the third straight year, something that hadn't happened in Denver since 1980-82.

"I laid out a whole game plan on how I'd do these things," he said. "I love what I do now. It's not like I have to have the head coaching job for the Denver Broncos. I happen to be pretty confident in my abilities and I know what I could do there."

I've never dumped on Romo the way many posters here have done in the past because I've always believed he is the real deal.

I have no problem with the Broncos hiring Romo as a ligit consultant for football operations. I think he's got great potential in the Broncos front office.

Popps
01-09-2009, 03:03 PM

No, no... junior.

You said that amphetamines would have the OPPOSITE effect, implying it was a depressant.

It's a S T I M U L A N T. It's MEDICAL PURPOSE IS TO STIMULATE.

So, let's not play games with words.

You know full well what the poster's intention was... you talked down to him like he was an idiot and you were dead wrong and he was 100% correct.

Again, you lose. You were 100% wrong and he was 100% right.

Get on with your life.

TDmvp
01-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Romo just talking to get his name in the paper cause no one has heard from him in years ... I wish someone would flush this turd ..

Ironlung
01-09-2009, 03:08 PM
True indeed.

Meth is actually more dangerous than typical amphetamines like "Speed" or coke or crack.

A "bump" of meth is equal to about 3 lines of coke. Ive never met a crankhead that wasnt jacked up at all times.

Meth=Speed.

Ambiguous
01-09-2009, 03:12 PM
No, no... junior.

You said that amphetamines would have the OPPOSITE effect, implying it was a depressant.

It's a S T I M U L A N T. It's MEDICAL PURPOSE IS TO STIMULATE.

So, let's not play games with words.

You know full well what the poster's intention was... you talked down to him like he was an idiot and you were dead wrong and he was 100% correct.

Again, you lose. You were 100% wrong and he was 100% right.

Get on with your life.

I never implied it was a depressant. I implied that it does not build muscle, and makes you lose weight.

Read the original post. Romo has NEVER had anything to with amphetamines. He has, however, been involved in steroids.

Old Dude
01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
What's Bobby Knight doing these days?

McLuvin
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Lol helllll nah but he can be our strenght and conditioning coach. Because the current one sucks ass.

lazarus4444
01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
You never know! Although i prefer our head coaches to have coaching experience i wouldn't mind Bill Romanowski as some kind of consultant to the new head coach, or whatever. He has some legit ideas.

gobroncos313
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
If Romo pursued it he could probably be a strength and conditioning coach. He was a work out warrior and really knew how to get ready for a football game.

I dont think ROMO missed a game from injury. He had some pretty unorthadox things he did like the hypobaric chamber thingy. I know he used some illegal sumstances but that aside I think his strength and condition was top notch. Maybe he would be a good S&C cordinator? 'With as many injuries as we have had the past several years anything is worth a shot.

Hamrob
01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Say what you want...but how many rings does this guy own?

~Crash~
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
and just think he could bring carbs soup on game day!

~Crash~
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
I would hire him as GM and easy ed as the Coach .

Circle Orange
01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I'd put him on the defensive staff in a minute...and during games he'll run on the field and bite officials over controversial calls. ;D

At least he won't be sitting on John's lap anymore.

Popps
01-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised Romo hasn't landed a LB coaching gig somewhere. Maybe it's not glamorous enough for him. He's a maniac, but the guy is extremely savvy. He knows the game. You'd think he'd make a good position coach if he could keep from popping someone in the mouth.

alkemical
01-11-2009, 10:02 AM
He can teach people how to break an arm, making a tackle - without making it look intentional.

baja
01-11-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm surprised Romo hasn't landed a LB coaching gig somewhere. Maybe it's not glamorous enough for him. He's a maniac, but the guy is extremely savvy. He knows the game. You'd think he'd make a good position coach if he could keep from popping someone in the mouth.

true but his ego woun't let him start at the starting place he wants to jump straight to HC :rofl:

TheReverend
01-11-2009, 11:13 AM
You never know! Although i prefer our head coaches to have coaching experience i wouldn't mind Bill Romanowski as some kind of consultant to the new head coach, or whatever. He has some legit ideas.

If he even sniffed being allowed to incorporate his "ideas" the entire team would pop on the piss test.

Smilin Assassin
12-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Bump :D

bronco militia
12-08-2010, 12:31 PM
ha ha

Ambiguous
12-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Lol, this is just as hilarious as it was almost two years ago.

Whenever that guy comes on The Fan, he sounds like a bat**** crazy gay man. It's pretty hilarious envisioning that becoming the new voice of the Broncos.

I wonder if the FO will get a new Powerpoint this offseason? He can at least update it with new features in Office 2010. Bring him in.

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Can't say I disagree with some of of his thinking at least:

"I laid out a whole game plan on how I'd do these things," he said.

oubronco
Completely insane...

Yes he is and it would be awesome :~ohyah!:

KipCorrington25
He's crazier than a **** house rat, anyway isn't be a Raider? He sure made a point of telling us that when he left here, sorry dude you burned the bridge with that stunt. And I don't mean the going to Oakland part, I mean the WWE manner in which he handled it.

bronco militia
12-08-2010, 12:43 PM
He's crazier than a **** house rat, anyway isn't be a Raider? He sure made a point of telling us that when he left here, sorry dude you burned the bridge with that stunt. And I don't mean the going to Oakland part, I mean the WWE manner in which he handled it.

I don't blame him for leaving after Shanny gave his starting gig to Ian freaking Gold

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I love Romo if he was on sidelines coaching linebackers I would think we would be better. Best SSL Broncos had in the Superbowl years by far. I loved how Romo would crash the TE at the snap and just **** up the whole play.

bronco_diesel
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Romo was on yesterday and honestly, he said a lot of things that made sense. Anyone else listen to it?

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Then he went to Oakland, broke Sharpes arm in a game vs Broncos. Classic because Sharpe and Romo hate each other. Romo was able to hurt him in between the whistles with a great arm bending leverage thingy. Very dirty but totally legal.

We could use some dirty.

tsiguy96
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Can't say I disagree with some of of his thinking at least:

"I laid out a whole game plan on how I'd do these things," he said.

NFL completely underutilizes nutrition and strength and conditioning. sports psychology is used in many other countries, but america hasnt really embraced it for some reason. romanowski makes a ton of sense in some of these regards.

Los Broncos
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
If we hired him as head coach I think I would be out of here.

TDmvp
12-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Romo is borderline retarded I think. I heard him on the radio a few months ago and I swear he sounds handicapped.

The fact he keeps bringing up wanting jobs he totally isn't qualified for has to at least prove he is bat$hit.

When I heard him on the radio tho his speech was all muddled and hard to understand and just a mess tho...

Besides being a thug and a moron this guy is a full blown douche bag keep him as far away from the Broncos as possible ... Hell I don't even consider him a Bronco and I bet most the guys who played with him don't either.

Kaylore
12-08-2010, 01:17 PM
So there's this seam that all men have...

munkey
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I especially like the part where he challenges that Bowlen would have to be some sort of visionary to make a move like this.

Yeah, Bill. That's what I was thinking.

It may be all Bowlen can afford....get ready for some REAL heartache Denver...:wiggle:

munkey
12-08-2010, 01:22 PM
NFL completely underutilizes nutrition and strength and conditioning. sports psychology is used in many other countries, but america hasnt really embraced it for some reason. romanowski makes a ton of sense in some of these regards.

!Booya!

Bronco Vixen
12-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Looks like those concussions did have long term effects.

No question. If this is not clear enough evidence that the NFL needs to continue to seriously revamp their concussion protocol then I don't know what is.

McDman
12-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind him having some sort of position here, just not a big one.

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Romo was a big part of our superbowl defenses. People forget him getting into Kordells head in that championship game? Hell all Kordell had to do was keep giving it to Bettis and Broncos lose. Romo had a way of getting QBS off there game and into making mistakes.

Not a Bronco? that is crazy talk IMO. He embodied the do whatever it takes to win attitude this team doesn't have anymore.

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
That's right the avatar says it all. Romo in victory!!!

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Romo made so many plays for us those years in Denver it's sad to see all of you forget that.

McDman
12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Why not an assistant LBers coach?

strafen
12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Romo is da' man! ;D

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2010, 01:47 PM
At the very least, put him on Greek's staff. Maybe he could figure out what the hell these guys are or are not doing to their bodies that constantly result in injuries every season.

listopencil
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
We could use his ferocity and passion again. I know the guy is a gigantic jackass, but yeah- I almost want to see that crazy bastard affiliated with the Broncos again. Even if only for the WWF moments that would happen.

bronco militia
12-08-2010, 01:49 PM
We could use his ferocity and passion again. I know the guy is a gigantic jackass, but yeah- I almost want to see that crazy bastard affiliated with the Broncos again. Even if only for the WWF moments that would happen.

:thumbsup: :spit:

footstepsfrom#27
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I admire the guy for at least putting himself out there to Bowlen and risking rejection. He's probably just as well qualified as Josh was, maybe more so having played the game for several teams and earned rings. I think Romo would make a good special teams coach...imagine him getting in the face of some draft pick caught dogging it on a punt return. He'd scare these guys into playing out of pure fear. ;D

bendog
12-08-2010, 01:57 PM

he could be bowlen's personal asst, and bitchslap him every time he started to drift off again.

bronco militia
12-08-2010, 01:59 PM
he could be bowlen's personal asst, and b****slap him every time he started to drift off again.

there you go...perfect :thanku:

yerner
12-08-2010, 02:07 PM
He probably could have lasted longer than Mcdaniels.

broncswin
12-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Romo is borderline retarded I think. I heard him on the radio a few months ago and I swear he sounds handicapped.

The fact he keeps bringing up wanting jobs he totally isn't qualified for has to at least prove he is bat$hit.

When I heard him on the radio tho his speech was all muddled and hard to understand and just a mess tho...

Besides being a thug and a moron this guy is a full blown douche bag keep him as far away from the Broncos as possible ... Hell I don't even consider him a Bronco and I bet most the guys who played with him don't either.

Jesus did he personally f-up your life or what...this guy is one of the more exciting past Broncos to watch...this guy was huge during our glory years:notworthy...you have your own opinion though.

bendog
12-08-2010, 02:10 PM
He probably could have lasted longer than Mcdaniels.

I wanted to put them in a locked room after tellign Romo only one thing stood between him being a clerk at a healthfood store and head coach - McD

Jason in LA
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Romo was a big part of our superbowl defenses. People forget him getting into Kordells head in that championship game? Hell all Kordell had to do was keep giving it to Bettis and Broncos lose. Romo had a way of getting QBS off there game and into making mistakes.

Not a Bronco? that is crazy talk IMO. He embodied the do whatever it takes to win attitude this team doesn't have anymore.

I'm still a fan of his. I stopped being a fan during his time with the raiders, but once his career ended, I went back to being a fan. He's one of those players that you hate if he isn't on your team, but you love if he is. He was a big part of that defense, and I love everything he did for the team. I've never felt the need to bash him like others around here often did.

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm still a fan of his. I stopped being a fan during his time with the raiders, but once his career ended, I went back to being a fan. He's one of those players that you hate if he isn't on your team, but you love if he is. He was a big part of that defense, and I love everything he did for the team. I've never felt the need to bash him like others around here often did.

All he ever did was put 110% onto the field every time he played. How could we not love that? I'll never forget the story about how while other Broncos went out and looked at the city before superbowl Romo was in the pool working out and stretching. He would go in with a big paddle and move it through water for resistance. All he cared about was football and glory.

So he spit on someone, so he probably was a tad of a racist, then in the end he did the unforgivable which is attack a teammate. Obviously he had some anger issues.

But since when do you want a bunch of choir boys for a defense?

I'm glad Jason you stepped up and said you are still a fan of Romo.

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Who did Kordell finally throw that pick in the endzone to Jason? Aldridge?

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Do you guys remember that playoff game like I do? I remember Bettis killing us, getting 5-6 yrds a pop, Pitt being like at 5 yrd line and having a couple downs still. Then all the sudden Kordell audibles and throws a pick in the endzone.

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Man those were good times.

footstepsfrom#27
12-08-2010, 02:41 PM
All he ever did was put 110% onto the field every time he played. How could we not love that? I'll never forget the story about how while other Broncos went out and looked at the city before superbowl Romo was in the pool working out and stretching. He would go in with a big paddle and move it through water for resistance. All he cared about was football and glory.

So he spit on someone, so he probably was a tad of a racist, then in the end he did the unforgivable which is attack a teammate. Obviously he had some anger issues.

But since when do you want a bunch of choir boys for a defense?

I'm glad Jason you stepped up and said you are still a fan of Romo.
Make Romo the guy who keeps an eye on the video guy. ;D

Good take though...whatever else he was, Romo was the ultimate warrior on game day.

jhns
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I didn't read the thread but just in case no one went there:

At least we'll be bigger, stronger, and faster the instant he gets players on his "supplement" program!

Really though, I wouldn't really like him being the head coach. He needs to be an assistant and work his way up.

broncocalijohn
12-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Correct. We didnt re-sign him so he had to find employment somewhere and it was at the evil empire. Romo is part of Broncos lore and will always be. Who doesnt remember the AFC CHampionship game against the Steelers where Stewart throws the INT and ROmo goes right to him and slaps his own helmet as to say, "Are you a ****ing retard?"

2KBack
12-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Correct. We didnt re-sign him so he had to find employment somewhere and it was at the evil empire. Romo is part of Broncos lore and will always be. Who doesnt remember the AFC CHampionship game against the Steelers where Stewart throws the INT and ROmo goes right to him and slaps his own helmet as to say, "Are you a ****ing retard?"

He was pushed out by Shanahan's favorite mini backer Ian Gold...blech

Ratboy
12-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I am all for Romo to be a coach on this team.

Defensive/Linebacker Assistant would be awesome.

cabronco
12-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Ya that was classic Romo. Nowadays he prolly would be called for taunting.

Another play I enjoyed is in SB 33 when Atlanta drove into the red zone on first drive of the game and on 3rd and goal, Romo came thru and just planted Chandler.

briane
12-08-2010, 03:20 PM

I agree....Romo for strength and conditioning coach!

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2010, 03:36 PM

By PAT GRAHAM

DENVER (AP) Bill Romanowski has the perfect coaching candidate in mind for the Denver Broncos, a dark horse, somebody out of the blue who's on nobody's radar himself.

I'd bring him in to train for the job. If he's willing to learn for a few years and then take over, why not. I do like his philosophy.

Taco John
12-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Bump :D

Nice bump

razorwire77
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
He'd be a great hire as an assistant strength and coordinator coach.

bowtown
12-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I'd bring him in to train for the job. If he's willing to learn for a few years and then take over, why not. I do like his philosophy.

The guys is on record as saying he took any steroids and pretty much anything he could get away with. Don't you think we'd have a little bit of a bullseye on us if he was our nutritionist or strength trainer?

It'd be like the Reds hiring Pete Rose to keep their books.

cutthemdown
12-08-2010, 03:47 PM
The guys is on record as saying he took any steroids and pretty much anything he could get away with. Don't you think we'd have a little bit of a bullseye on us if he was our nutritionist or strength trainer?

Yeah he would make sure they don't get caught!!!

bowtown
12-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah he would make sure they don't get caught!!!

LOL

Maybe, but we already aren't getting caught. I think he would just bring a lot of unecessary attention and scrutiny by the league.

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2010, 04:00 PM

Not sure what your talking about. I know he was always accused of taking illegal suppliments of some kind and that he was known for walking around with a brief case full of pills, but I don't recall him ever admitting to or being caught for doing anything illegal.

He didn't hide anything. He walked around with a suitcase full of crap for all the world to see.

bowtown
12-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Not sure what your talking about. I know he was always accused of taking illegal suppliments of some kind and that he was known for walking around with a brief case full of pills, but I don't recall him ever admitting to or being caught for doing anything illegal.

He didn't hide anything. He walked around with a suitcase full of crap for all the world to see.

He was on 60 Minutes a few years ago and admitted to taking the Clear, a form of HGH that wasn't yet being tested for. He also admitted to taking other designer steroids and then stopping when the league started testing for them and moving on to the next.

Dedhed
12-08-2010, 04:06 PM
I want to be the Broncos coach too.

footstepsfrom#27
12-08-2010, 04:08 PM

Or maybe like the Broncos hiring Steve Scarnecchia to do video. ;D

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2010, 04:16 PM
He was on 60 Minutes a few years ago and admitted to taking the Clear, a form of HGH that wasn't yet being tested for. He also admitted to taking other designer steroids and then stopping when the league started testing for them and moving on to the next.

Sounds like he's ahead of the curve. :thumbsup:

I still think he'd be an interesting front office guy, you gotta love his passion for the game.

bowtown
12-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Or maybe like the Broncos hiring Steve Scarnecchia to do video. ;D

LOL Exactly.

Broncojef
12-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Romo is a winner, I always enjoyed watching him play and the attitude he brought when in uniform. Not sure he is head coach material but when I compare him to the experiment in McDaniels can't help but think he'd be an upgrade. Say what you want but the team would always be in game shape, better prepared than any other and bring attitude that would be worth watching.

Sassy
12-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I can see Romo videotaping the other team.

bowtown
12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Romo is a winner, I always enjoyed watching him play and the attitude he brought when in uniform. Not sure he is head coach material but when I compare him to the experiment in McDaniels can't help but think he'd be an upgrade. Say what you want but the team would always be in game shape, better prepared than any other and bring attitude that would be worth watching.

Or else they would all be on IR with broken eye sockets.