PDA

View Full Version : The Official One and Only New Headcoach Meltdown Thread

ghwk
01-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Just getting the thread ready to roll so we can all hit it running when the new Head coach is announced.

Rohirrim
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
He sucks! This is the worst possible choice! Where's that fifteen incher? ;D

montrose
01-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Lol

supermanhr9
01-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I can't believe we hired that guy

no-pseudo-fan
01-07-2009, 10:09 AM
We should hire someone, and then fire them a week later. Then the new guy doesn't follow Shannahan, he follows the guy with the shortest tenure at HC ever.

supermanhr9
01-07-2009, 10:17 AM
We should hire someone, and then fire them a week later. Then the new guy doesn't follow Shannahan, he follows the guy with the shortest tenure at HC ever.

Would take all the weight off, he would just have to stay a month and he would have already done better then expected

OBF1
01-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Superbowl baby !

Smiling Assassin27
01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd like to introduce the new head coach of the denver broncos...michael shanahan....let the meltdown begin! ;)

tsiguy96
01-07-2009, 10:41 AM
just wait til the new head coach loses a game. talk about melt down, youll see it.

every person who posts something negative after we hire our guy has zero reason to do so, none of them are smart enough nor know anything about the coaches to do so. they werent there for the interviews, they dont know the coaches plans nor wht he is capable of for the team. so how about everyone hold the sky is falling **** until after a season or two.

400HZ
01-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Wecome to AFC West Cellarland.

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
What's the over/under on the number of pages this thread gets to before a new coach is even named?

Rabb
01-07-2009, 11:02 AM
What's the over/under on the number of pages this thread gets to before a new coach is even named?

HILife
01-07-2009, 11:02 AM

less then 100 but more then 1.

HILife
01-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Good pick...Lock it in. Championship!!!

baja
01-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Human nature dictates than over time the fan has an investment and in some cases an addiction to support that which they are a fan of therefore one by one all these detractors that are bemoaning the firing of Shanahan will come to support the new regime because they have to, they are after all fans. In the mean time this is kinda fun for me

Let's predict the last fan that will realize firing Shanny was the best for the Broncos and when they will come to realize this.

I chose the obvious TJ and Rev. and I will say the sixth game of the season.

cmhargrove
01-07-2009, 11:23 AM
You guys need to ease up around here. (insert new coaches name here) is doing just fine. It will take him some time to adjust to the new team, and making the switch from coordinator to head coach.

You guys just need to shut your asses and let (insert new coaches name here) do his job.

And you call yourself Bronco fans...

ghwk
01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Human nature dictates than over time the fan has an investment and in some cases an addiction to support that which they are a fan of therefore one by one all these detractors that are bemoaning the firing of Shanahan will come to support the new regime because they have to, they are after all fans. In the mean time this is kinda fun for me

Let's predict the last fan that will realize firing Shanny was the best for the Broncos and when they will come to realize this.

Holy crap baja, that post reads like a geometry proof. (Bad bad memories for me)

Grover
01-07-2009, 11:25 AM
All I can figure is he must have had naked pictures of Bowlen.

Jens1893
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Wecome to AFC West Cellarland.

Any hints and tips how to handle life down there? You have more than enough experience in surviving down there, after all.

NUB
01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Talk about a circus. Well, I guess I'm a little glad Shanahan is back.

baja
01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Holy crap baja, that post reads like a geometry proof. (Bad bad memories for me)

A big percentage of the detractors will come to believe they always understood that firing Shanny was the right move.

oubronco
01-07-2009, 11:31 AM

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
http://blog.feefifoto.com/images/2008/02/13/lombardi_trophy.jpg

ghwk
01-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Dennison was my first and best choice, way to go Pat.

SureShot
01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
What a mess. They should have hired Spagmuolo.

Los Broncos
01-07-2009, 12:15 PM
What a stupid choice, slap him with a 15 inch infected with HPV.

broncosteven
01-07-2009, 12:18 PM
It will be interesting to see the world through Wolfs eyes once I start calling for the HC's head if we do not win the SB in his 1st year.

SB or bust.

Taco John
01-07-2009, 12:20 PM

I win. Regardless of what happens, I will go to my grave believing this was a stupid move. Shanahan's stamp is still on this team. The situation we are in right now is the one he had orchestrated. We have an awesomely talented young offense, and more picks and cap money than we've seen in a decade to spend on a defense - and Shanahan's guys in place to pick those players.

As far as I'm concerned, we're pointed in the direction of a Superbowl. I just want to see the new guy take full advantage of this situation and close the deal that Shanahan started.

2KBack
01-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I win. Regardless of what happens, I will go to my grave believing this was a stupid move. Shanahan's stamp is still on this team. The situation we are in right now is the one he had orchestrated. We have an awesomely talented young offense, and more picks and cap money than we've seen in a decade to spend on a defense - and Shanahan's guys in place to pick those players.

As far as I'm concerned, we're pointed in the direction of a Superbowl. I just want to see the new guy take full advantage of this situation and close the deal that Shanahan started.

So if Denver wins a championship in the next 3 years, you are still going to credit Shanahan? Wow

cmhargrove
01-07-2009, 12:59 PM
So if Denver wins a championship in the next 3 years, you are still going to credit Shanahan? Wow

Well hell then! Let's just hire Barry Switzer!

Rock Chalk
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM

Depends on what the user's setting for results per page is.

Mine is set at the max of 40 so most threads dont get to 10 pages.

Play2win
01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
http://blog.feefifoto.com/images/2008/02/13/lombardi_trophy.jpg

Getting it out of the way early, I see... :~ohyah!:

baja
01-07-2009, 01:29 PM

That's nice.

Do you think;

1. We should have lost to the Raiders at home, big?

2. We should have been beaten at home by the 'nothing to play' for Bills in a 'win and your in' situation for the Broncos?

3. We should have been humiliated by a 7 and 8 Charger team by 52 17 in a game for all the marbles and showed no heart in the process?

Meck77
01-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I win. Regardless of what happens, I will go to my grave believing this was a stupid move. Shanahan's stamp is still on this team. The situation we are in right now is the one he had orchestrated. .

To your grave? :rofl: It's going to be real hard for you to support this team if you are going to carry grudges to your grave which could easily be 50+ years from now! I wish you a long happy life Taco. Can't imagine you being pissed at this when you are 92!

I'll see you dudes at the playoff party next season and a SB celebration at some point in the future.

TheReverend
01-08-2009, 07:30 AM
What a stupid choice, slap him with a 15 inch infected with HPV.

Pshhhhhh, HPV doesn't harm men. It CAN have a beneficial sterilization effect.

ghwk
01-08-2009, 09:47 AM
To your grave? :rofl: It's going to be real hard for you to support this team if you are going to carry grudges to your grave which could easily be 50+ years from now! I wish you a long happy life Taco. Can't imagine you being pissed at this when you are 92!

I'll see you dudes at the playoff party next season and a SB celebration at some point in the future.

Maybe we should start an official TJ headstone phrase thread. "Here lies TJ, a man of his word he carried his grudge to the end".

BioCore
01-08-2009, 10:15 AM

If it's any consolation, I agree entirely with what you said. Shanahan with one more year to concentrate entirely on this defence in FA and in the draft with continuity at DC and their staff I honestly think we could have maybe had something special on our hands. If we blew it next year, fair enough id have wanted him gone as well but its just too early.

If the new guy who comes in sorts out this defence in the next 2/3 years and we do happen to win the SB, im still giving Shanahan a huge amount of credit (not as much as the new HC obviously) for setting the foundations to what we will have achieved.

You'd be a fool to honestly not appreciate the mark Shanahan is going to have left on this offence for about the next 7/8 years if FA doesn't rob us of that talent. Unfortuantely I think our chances of winning the SB in the next few years ended as soon as Shanhan's tenure here was ended

ghwk
01-09-2009, 10:17 PM
bump

cutthemdown
01-09-2009, 10:30 PM
We got rid of Shannahan for this!!!!!!

Popps
01-09-2009, 11:17 PM
I win. Regardless of what happens, I will go to my grave believing this was a stupid move.

As many have pointed out... you've never been one to let the facts get in the way of your opinion.

I win. Regardless of what happens, I will go to my grave believing this was a stupid move. Shanahan's stamp is still on this team. .

Take careful note of this, folks. This is Taco 101 in its purest form. If it weren't so transparent and child-like, it would be brilliant.

See, Taco won't take bets. Those confident in their opinions have offered him bets which he has been to unsure of his opinion to accept.

But, realizing that there's a real chance he's wrong... he's begun the process of covering his bases.

Enter: "Shanahan has left his mark on the team."

Ahhh.... the golden parachute.

See, folks... what's going to happen here is this.... if this team has success, our Taco will take credit for it. After all, "his guy" left his stamp! (By his guy, I mean the guy Taco used to rip for not calling the right plays for Brian Griese.)

And... if we have a couple of years of mediocre play as the team builds a real NFL defense.... you guessed it! Taco was right again!

After all, he said it.... "no matter what happens, I'm right."

Pure, blissful ignorance in its purest form... sprinkled with a dash of misplaced aloofness.

Mark this post, kids. No matter what happens, Taco is right. (In his own mind.)

:rofl:

BioCore
01-10-2009, 04:23 AM
But surely even you would agree he actually will have left his mark on the team? Its hardly taking a biased view or making a spin, he drafted all the keystone marks of our offence and developed them into what they are today, fact!

Honestly can't really see how thats debatable whatever side of the fence your on

rastaman
01-10-2009, 10:24 AM

The HC to hire is Ryan the DC for the Ravens! This guy knows how to run, scheme, and deploy a defense and won't try to be over bearing and heavy handed with Bates, Dennison, and Turner.

BroncoBuff
01-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Popps, I don't get the hostility ???

Shanahan definitely did leave his mark on this team ... Jay Cutler and the best young group of 25-and-under offensive players I have ever seen. Ever. The core 8 guys plus Torain, Lichtensteiger and maybe even Chad Jackson could well be together winning playoff games 10+ years down the road. And if we win a SB even in 2014 with these same 8+ guys on offense - it will be Shanahan's mark.

These past three seasons are historic for the assemblage of an entire world-class offense from scratch.

DenverBrit
01-10-2009, 10:38 AM

The defenses and special teams have regressed year after year.
Shanahan unfortunately showed no signs of changing that vicious cycle, if he had, he would most likely still be head coach.
There's only so much mishandling a business owner can stand before he has to step in and stop the bleeding.
Bowlen reluctantly did the right thing....he fired his close friend and HC.
It's time to move on and hope for the right replacement.
The rest of the AFC West...and beyond....go through this every two years or so.
We Broncos fans have been very fortunate.

Taco John
01-10-2009, 11:08 AM
But surely even you would agree he actually will have left his mark on the team? Its hardly taking a biased view or making a spin, he drafted all the keystone marks of our offence and developed them into what they are today, fact!

Honestly can't really see how thats debatable whatever side of the fence your on

Yeah, I'm not sure what to say about that. Seems like a no-brainer to me that Shanahan has left his mark on this team, and that he'll share in any success that we have now and into the future.

Do we not have one of the best young offenses thanks to him?

Do we not have more cap money than we've had in over a decade (if not ever) to spend on defense?

Do we not have more draft picks than we've had in a long time to do the same?

I'm not sure how anyone can make the case that Shanahan hasn't left his mark on this team. Moreover, I'm not sure why it would bother anyone that I would personally recognize this.

There's not really even an argument here. But big suprise that Popps attempts to make one. I'm just glad that my football world doesn't revolve around him like his does around me. I can't imagine coming up with my takes based on what someone else is saying rather than the facts on the field.

ghwk
01-11-2009, 10:13 PM
bump