PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

~Crash~
01-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Bowlen is a drunk bump!

In his younger years. ;D

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/664/pimpbl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/pimpbl2.jpg/1/w337.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img88/pimpbl2.jpg/1/)

that there is some funny ****

Popps
01-03-2009, 12:08 PM
You're not the sharpest tool in the drawer. This thread is a couple days old, bud.

Oh, it'll get better with age. No question about that.

theAPAOps5
01-03-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd like to go on record agreeing with Taco John here. Bad move, and we'll be lucky if we're 8-8 next season.

Are you kidding me. With Shanny we would have been lucky to go 8-8

TonyR
01-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Are you kidding me. With Shanny we would have been lucky to go 8-8

I was thinking the EXACT same thing...

theAPAOps5
01-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I was thinking the EXACT same thing...

Any coach would be lucky with next years schedule and our current defence.

Rohirrim
01-03-2009, 12:17 PM
I still think this is the best thread title ever posted on the Mane. :thumbs:

Inkana7
01-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I've supported Shanny as much as I could until he defended Slowik. That did it for me.

Bronx33
01-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I've supported Shanny as much as I could until he defended Slowik. That did it for me.

Ditto.

Dagmar
01-03-2009, 12:57 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/RevolverLink/Gifs/Football%20Gifs/John20Lynch20laying20Hall20Out.gif

Inkana7
01-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Is that what the Broncos playing defense looks like?

Bronx33
01-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Is that what the Broncos playing defense looks like?

Yep slowiks book had one page in it...;D

Popps
01-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I still think this is the best thread title ever posted on the Mane. :thumbs:

It won the best melt-down poll by a long-shot, but I think it was just fresh in people's mind.

That said, the title is without question, epic in every way. Expect to see it for years to come.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Listen:

TJ took a lot of **** for this thread, but I want to clearly echo that I COMPLETELY agree with his POV. Bowlen is off his mother-****ing rocker if he thinks a different direction was in the best interest of this football team.

More accurately: Bowlen felt a different direction gave him masculinity back to his image which deservadly had faded.

Bowlen's a chump that I would never work for outside of a gaudy amount of money.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Nah he did what he thought was best for his business. I am a fan of the Broncos not Mike Shanahan so I support whatever the owner of my team does.

There is a difference between supporting your team and agreeing with them all the time. I didn't agree with the move but its ridiculous to call Bowlen names or insinuate he doesn't know what he is doing. Because his moves really are what brought this city 2 SB's.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Nah he did what he thought was best for his business. I am a fan of the Broncos not Mike Shanahan so I support whatever the owner of my team does.

Okay.

Back of the basis of your argument with some factual evidence then.

Simple, right?

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Listen:

TJ took a lot of **** for this thread, but I want to clearly echo that I COMPLETELY agree with his POV. Bowlen is off his mother-****ing rocker if he thinks a different direction was in the best interest of this football team.

More accurately: Bowlen felt a different direction gave him masculinity back to his image which deservadly had faded.

Bowlen's a chump that I would never work for outside of a gaudy amount of money.

Sure as soon as you can back this up with proof. Yep it goes both ways Rev. Again I am not chastising you like others may I am just pointing out that Bowlen was the architect who brought in Shanny to coach and got us 2 SB trophies. I sure as heck am not going to doubt his gut.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Sure as soon as you can back this up with proof. Yep it goes both ways Rev. Again I am not chastising you like others may I am just pointing out that Bowlen was the architect who brought in Shanny to coach and got us 2 SB trophies. I sure as heck am not going to doubt his gut.

How about some simple factual evidence.

Pat Bowlen: Zero SB's without Mike Shanahan.

Mike Shanahan: 6 total SB's. 1 WIN without Pat Bowlen.

Pat didn't make Mike. Mike made the Broncos. Before Mike we were a laughing stock on a bigger scale than the Buffallo ****ing Bills and if you don't remember that, then you're really not a legit fan.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 05:49 PM

Pat didn't make Mike. Mike made the Broncos. Before Mike we were a laughing stock on a bigger scale than the Buffallo ****ing Bills and if you don't remember that, then you're really not a legit fan.

I remember it I was young but oh trust me my biggest fear the year we won was really becoming another Buffalo. It was my feshman year of college and I was on a lot of newspapers watching the riots on the Hill in Boulder!

But hey just because I don't agree with you for one time doesn't mean treat me like you do the rest of the people. Especially when I was against the move.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 05:50 PM

Don't forget about Mr elway he was pretty important i think.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
I remember it I was at all the home playoff games those years. But hey just because I don't agree with you for one time doesn't mean treat me like you do the rest of the people. Especially when I was against the move.

Am I? Or are you just perceiving that?

My disgust is against people who are treating Shanahan like a scrap heap.

Here's a fact:

Had he kept Plummer and drafted defensive talent, we'd still be in the playoffs MAYBE gotten another trophy, and Al might still be healthy.

Here's reality:

Mike had the BALLS to scrap it all and get THE QBOTF in Jay Cutler. That was all Mike. Against all odds. Against conventional wisdom.

Here's a potential reality:

Pat might **** that all up with a new HC.

theAPAOps5

Nope Shanny was the end all be all. See he cloned himself 22 times and played every position. Its a little known fact but if you search Wikipedia you will find it! :thumbs:

TheReverend

And how many rings did he have pre-Shanahan? As many as as Steve Young?

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Nope Shanny was the end all be all. See he cloned himself 22 times and played every position. Its a little known fact but if you search Wikipedia you will find it! :thumbs:

Extremely intelligent post. Nice to see your true colors.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Am I? Or are you just perceiving that?

My disgust is against people who are treating Shanahan like a scrap heap.

Here's a fact:

Had he kept Plummer and drafted defensive talent, we'd still be in the playoffs MAYBE gotten another trophy, and Al might still be healthy.

Here's reality:

Mike had the BALLS to scrap it all and get THE QBOTF in Jay Cutler. That was all Mike. Against all odds. Against conventional wisdom.

Here's a potential reality:

Pat might **** that all up with a new HC.

I am not bagging on Shanahan, no way, I just am going to support what the team does.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Extremely intelligent post. Nice to see your true colors.

Dude, if you haven't figured out my sense of humor out then I am sorry. But that was a complete joke.

TheReverend
I am not bagging on Shanahan, no way, I just am going to support what the team does.

Could've fooled the **** out of me.

Bronx33
And how many rings did he have pre-Shanahan? As many as as Steve Young?

My point was elway was already here when pat brought in shanahan so you could say mike wouldn't have 2 more SB rings if pat didn't have the vision to bring in mike. ;D

TheReverend
Dude, if you haven't figured out my sense of humor out then I am sorry. But that was a complete joke.

Right. We're just getting to know each other.

This is you trying to play off a dumb **** statement and you know it.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 05:55 PM
My point was elway was already here when pat brought in shanahan so you could say mike wouldn't have 2 more SB rings if pat didn't have the vision to bring in mike. ;D

Pat had to put on a fake ****ing mustache to hire Mike!

You think he couldn't have gone to a different franchise and had similar success?

Denver fans owe SUCCESS to Mike. Before that, they knew the scent of it, but NEVER the taste of it. PERIOD.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Right. We're just getting to know each other.

This is you trying to play off a dumb **** statement and you know it.

Ok, not sure what your problem is but I was not trying to clown Shanahan or you and your posts. You are one of my favorite posters here so I am just going to step away and you can bash me and do whatever. But I didn't intend to piss you off.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Ok, not sure what your problem is but I was not trying to clown Shanahan or you and your posts. You are one of my favorite posters here so I am just going to step away and you can bash me and do whatever. But I didn't intend to piss you off.

Pay attention to your PM history douche bag! :wiggle:

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Pat had to put on a fake ****ing mustache to hire Mike!

You think he couldn't have gone to a different franchise and had similar success?

Denver fans owe SUCCESS to Mike. Before that, they knew the scent of it, but NEVER the taste of it. PERIOD.

Pat did nothing your right ::) he isn't the best owner the broncos ever had he just threw empty vodka bottles at his wife after bronco losses.

SoCalBronco
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Pat did nothing your right ::) he isn't the best owner the broncos ever had he just threw empty vodka bottles at his wife after bronco losses.

I hope Annabelle has good change of direction skills.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Pay attention to your PM history douche bag! :wiggle:

I never clowned on Shanahan in my PM's to you.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:00 PM

She used too but those damn bottles come in pretty fast with no warning shes bound to take one or two off the coconut.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Explain to me what Pat has legitimately done outside of hiring Mike Shanahan, then?

Where are his other successes? What reason to give him the benefit of the doubt?

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Eddie Royal has been teaching her the double move.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Explain to me what Pat has legitimately done outside of hiring Mike Shanahan, then?

Where are his other successes? What reason to give him the benefit of the doubt?

What's the point does it mean anything? and how the hell iam i suppose to know what pat does heck you can't even answer that question (can you?) come on rev i really think your being narrow minded about this.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:06 PM
What's the point does it mean anything? and how the hell iam i suppose to know what pat does heck you can't even answer that question (can you?) come on rev i really think your being narrow minded about this.

Am I?

Only ONE has shown success outside of the other.

That one ain't Pat Bowlen.

That's all.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Am I?

That's all.

For the love of god please don't over look the fact pat brought mike here to denver to be the ( head coach) to start this wonderful ride we all have been on for 14 years.

wolf754life
01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Am I?

That's all.

hey rev, pat bowlen snuffed mikey the rat, deal with it fanboy

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:12 PM
hey rev, pat bowlen snuffed mikey the rat, deal with it fanboy

Haven't you realized that you're a fair weather joke to everyone, yet?

You're the least respected human being on this board on the planet.

Someone could come in advocating genocide and people would accept him/her before your stupid ass.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:14 PM
For the love of god please don't over look the fact pat brought mike here to denver to be the ( head coach) to start this wonderful ride we all have been on for 14 years.

So you didn't answer my post.

Outside of putting on a fake ****ing mustache and disguise so he could sneak into the SF security and hire Mike Shanahan, what has Pat Bowlen done? I'll accept anything remotely resembling an acceptable answer, for ****'s sake!

baja
01-04-2009, 06:15 PM

Someone could come in advocating genocide and people would accept him/her before your stupid ass.

so are a real Reverend???

baja
01-04-2009, 06:16 PM

Outside of putting on a fake ****ing mustache and disguise so he could sneak into the SF security and hire Mike Shanahan, what has Pat Bowlen done? I'll accept anything remotely resembling an acceptable answer, for ****'s sake!

well your hero calls Pat the best owner in all sports.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:18 PM

I did answer your question i said: how the **** am i suppose to know what pat does from day to day when it envolves the broncos then i said that you wouldn't even have a clue what he does from day to day when it envolves the bronco organization.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:20 PM
so are a real Reverend???

In case you don't know the background on the story that's been repeated several times...

I was in the Marines. There's a statement about everyone finding God in a foxhole. I was a little bit of the contrary so my callsign became the Reverend.

Ancient history, since.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Well this we both agree on rev :thumbs:

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I did answer your question i said: how the **** am i suppose to know what pat does from day to day when it envolves the broncos then i said that you wouldn't even have a clue what he does from day to day when it envolves the bronco organization.

So you choose to give Pat the benefit of the doubt?

That's fine, dude. Given the circumstances that that's what we NEED right now, that'd be great!

Facts, however, show that Shanahan has been successful (on a Hall of Fame level) at every opportunity he's been given, whether Bowlen's been involved or not.

We don't know the same about Pat. Recent events only dictate he's prone to rash decisions.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
well your hero calls Pat the best owner in all sports.

And Pat says Mike did a great job in coaching, GM, and staffing decisions.

It was a very cute break-up.

Complete bull-****, but very cute.

wolf754life
01-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Pat Bowlen > Mikey Shannasplat

SoCalBronco
01-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Pat Bowlen > Mikey Shannasplat

I'm surprised you didn't use 14 different n's in spelling Shanahan.

Props.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:25 PM
So you choose to give Pat the benefit of the doubt?

That's fine, dude. Given the circumstances that that's what we NEED right now, that'd be great!

Facts, however, show that Shanahan has been successful (on a Hall of Fame level) at every opportunity he's been given, whether Bowlen's been involved or not.

We don't know the same about Pat. Recent events only dictate he's prone to rash decisions.

What the hell else iam suppose to say rev? i don't know what he does and you can't tell me what he does from day to day don't you think that's being a bit unfair to demand an answer for something that both of us can't answer?

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Complete bull-****, but very cute.

What else is he suppose to say rev?

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
What the hell else iam suppose to say rev? i don't know what he does and you can't tell me what he does from day to day don't you think that's being a bit unfair to demand an answer for something that both of us can't answer?

No, Bronx.

We can only make intelligent assumptions from what we KNOW.

What we KNOW:

Mike Shanahan is a top coach in the NFL today and a HoFer.

Mike Shanahan has been successful at every stop in his career.

Mike Shanahan has more Lombardis than the Denver Broncos.

Can we say HALF of the same about Pat Bowlen, or can we just say "I Don't Know?"

Steve Prefontaine
01-04-2009, 06:29 PM

Fine. Here you go Rev...

Pat Bowlen was instrumental in getting a new stadium built that increased revenue for himself. In turn that stadium has helped destroy the home field advantage that Denver enjoyed at Mile High.

Thanks a ton Pat! :thumbs:

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:29 PM
No, Bronx.

We can only make intelligent assumptions from what we KNOW.

What we KNOW:

Can we say HALF of the same about Pat Bowlen, or can we just say "I Don't Know?"

Now your changing the subject ( your question was ) what does pat do.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Now your changing the subject ( your question was ) what does pat do.

No.

It was what HAS HE DONE OUTSIDE OF HIRING MIKE SHANAHAN.

Still waiting for an answer.

TonyR
What we KNOW:

Yes, Rev, but we also know that Mike only managed to win the division once, and one playoff game, in the last 10 years. Almost all of the kudos you give him relate to the first 4 years of his time as HC of the Broncos, or what some refer to as "the Elway years". The last 10 years have been neither successful or HoF quality. That's why he's gone.

TheReverend
Fine. Here you go Rev...

Pat Bowlen was instrumental in getting a new stadium built that increased revenue for himself. In turn that stadium has helped destroy the home field advantage that Denver enjoyed at Mile High.

:thanku:

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes, Rev, but we also know that Mike only managed to win the division once, and one playoff game, in the last 10 years. Almost all of the kudos you give him relate to the first 4 years of his time as HC of the Broncos, or what some refer to as "the Elway years". The last 10 years have been neither successful or HoF quality. That's why he's gone.

Give me a comparable coach that YOU would like to emulate.

What team do YOU want to be like, that's all.

TonyR
01-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Fine. Here you go Rev...

Most teams are doing the same thing. The Broncos play in a smallish market and Pat had a bad revenue deal at Mile High. He would have never been able to stay competitive without this upgrade. You have to have the revenues and cash flow to run this business. Appreciation on the investment doesn't pay the bills until you sell.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Most teams are doing the same thing. The Broncos play in a smallish market and Pat had a bad revenue deal at Mile High. He would have never been able to stay competitive without this upgrade. You have to have the revenues and cash flow to run this business. Appreciation on the investment doesn't pay the bills until you sell.

Give me a comparable coach that YOU would like to emulate.

What team do YOU want to be like, that's all.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:36 PM
No.

Basically the same question rev. :kiss:

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Basically the same question rev. :kiss:

It's not... you haven't given one single answer.

Has he done ANYTHING outside of donning the mustache and sneaking through SF security? Or has the game passed him by Al Davis style as you seem to be suggesting?

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 06:39 PM
No.

weak

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:41 PM
weak

Still waiting then...................

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:41 PM
It's not... you haven't given one single answer.

Has he done ANYTHING outside of donning the mustache and sneaking through SF security? Or has the game passed him by Al Davis style as you seem to be suggesting?

Ok again how the hell iam i suppose to know what pat has been responsible for rev does he have a press conference for every acomplishment or something? rev you can't even answer that question with any accuracy.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Ok again how the hell iam i suppose to know what pat has been responsible for rev does he have a press conference for every acomplishment or something? rev you can't even answer that question with any accuracy.

He's the CEO isn't he?

He's responsible for everything.

So what accomplishments outside of Mike Shanahan are on his extensive resume? It's a REALLY simple question about the "best owner in the NFL" Hilarious!

wolf754life
01-04-2009, 06:44 PM
"Mike Shanahan has more Lombardis than the Denver Broncos"

its official now rev.

you are an enemy of the broncos, pro shanahan - anti bronco

your no friend of the organization. your a zealot and you will be dealt with accordingly.

fanboy

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:45 PM
He's the CEO isn't he?

He's responsible for everything.

So what accomplishments outside of Mike Shanahan are on his extensive resume? It's a REALLY simple question about the "best owner in the NFL" Hilarious!

Ok smartass you tell me what he does and what his job entails and what time he shows up for work and what car does he drive does annabelle like the top or the bottom? ( iam waiting) it's really a simple question.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:46 PM
"Mike Shanahan has more Lombardis than the Denver Broncos"

its official now rev.

you are an enemy of the broncos, pro shanahan - anti bronco

your no friend of the organization. your a zealot and you will be dealt with accordingly.

fanboy

Are you EVER going to try to and make a point or just throw circumstancial bull**** at the walls?

Pre-season: FIRE SHANAHAN
WEEK 16: MIKE SHANAHAN IS THE GREATEST COACH EVER! WHO THOUGHT PLAYOFFS WITH THESE INJURIES?!?!??!?!
WEEK 17: FIRE SHANAHAN!

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Ok smartass you tell me what he does and what his job entails and what time he shows up for work and what car does he drive does annabelle like the top or the bottom? ( iam waiting) it's really a simple question.

It's simple. Nothing, but sign the checks. Bowlen's done NOTHING to inspire your confidence aside from show a will to spend to win ON OCCASION.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Just put the moron on ignore ( i did a long time ago) rev the guy is clearly a first class idiot.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
It's simple. Nothing, but sign the checks. Bowlen's done NOTHING to inspire your confidence aside from show a will to spend to win ON OCCASION.

Being a little hard i the guy rev don't ya think..

wolf754life
01-04-2009, 06:50 PM
rev your melting down and i love it, nothing can change the facts.

1 division title in 10 yrs
1 playoff win in 10 yrs

the quote from shanahan, saying "we haven't won in 3 years"

no matter what you say, Mike isn't walking through that door, you need to seriously look in the mirror and decide what side your on, and if its with the rat then just say so and tell everyone that you are rooting against the new regime.

either way your really struggling with the fact that pat bowlen runs the show, not your boy.

FACT: pat bowlen terminated mike shanahan

baja
01-04-2009, 06:50 PM

<b>Complete bull-****, but very cute.

I call bull shiit here, that was sincere. Did you watch it? They have been friends for 21 years. You are being bitter and irrational Reverend and that's the truth.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
rev your melting down and i love it, nothing can change the facts.

1 division title in 10 yrs
1 playoff win in 10 yrs

the quote from shanahan, saying "we haven't won in 3 years"

no matter what you say, Mike isn't walking through that door, you need to seriously look in the mirror and decide what side your on, and if its with the rat then just say so and tell everyone that you are rooting against the new regime.

either way your really struggling with the fact that pat bowlen runs the show, not your boy.

FACT: pat bowlen terminated mike shanahan

I'm fine with it as long as you're fine with being such a weak willed scrub.

FACT: pat bowlen is NOTHING to date without mike shanahan

Steve Prefontaine
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Just put the moron on ignore ( i did a long time ago) rev the guy is clearly a first class idiot.

Bronx, you are insulting the word idiot by associating it with wolf.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I call bull shiit here, that was sincere. Did you watch it? They have been friends for 21 years. You are being bitter and irrational Reverend and that's the truth.

So you think he thought the world of Mike's work in GM, Staffing, and coaching duties.

Then what did he "terminate" him for?

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Still waiting then...................

dude, your going over the edge. just remember the grave yard is filled with people who thought they were ill-replaceable... shanny is replaceable.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
dude, your going over the edge. just remember the grave yard is filled with people who thought they were ill-replaceable... shanny is replaceable.

Still waiting then................

LOL

baja
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
So you think he thought the world of Mike's work in GM, Staffing, and coaching duties.

Then what did he "terminate" him for?

Did you watch the PC?

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
LOL

???

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
???

You still haven't offered jack **** to the conversation ****-o.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Did you watch the PC?

Every second. I watched as Pat claimed it was "gut" and that Mike had "been here long enough" despite doing a phenomenal job as "HC, GM and staffing".

If he's that nuts to be honest through that paragraph, then he needs to be admitted to Betty Ford and Taco just had an early lead on this breaking story.

Steve Prefontaine
01-04-2009, 07:05 PM

I'm not at all concerned with the business/revenue side when it comes to a new stadium. I'm not arguing against it and frankly that is Bowlen's business.

But I am concerned with how it affects the fans and team performance. The new stadium seems to have affected both negatively.

I trust Bowlen as a business person. I am not nearly sold on his decisions as it relates to the team performance.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 07:08 PM
You still haven't offered jack **** to the conversation ****-o.

LOL dude, get laid or something

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Actually I egged Wolf on so much I got a PM from him. Very proud of that!

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
LOL dude, get laid or something

Don't worry about me. I promise I get better ass than you dream of. Rather, worry about stringing together a coherent argument. That seems to be your issue, my man.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Don't worry about me. I promise I get better ass than you dream of. Rather, worry about stringing together a coherent argument. That seems to be your issue, my man.

bash bowlen all you want, but he did the right thing by letting shanny go.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Every second. I watched as Pat claimed it was "gut" and that Mike had "been here long enough" despite doing a phenomenal job as "HC, GM and staffing".

If he's that nuts to be honest through that paragraph, then he needs to be admitted to Betty Ford and Taco just had an early lead on this breaking story.

Ya know chances are some of things he said were probably a bit tweaked and untrue as to what the real reason is for mikes firing i really wouldn't take every word and facial gesture as some kinda of meaning. A 14 year working relationship ended real fast for some reason, shanahan retaining slowik probably made pat fire him iam speculating of course but something happened and it happened right after mike announcement i just found that interesting.

baja
01-04-2009, 07:14 PM

There is more to this story than you or I will ever know. That was very difficult for Pat to do, hell even Shanny continually states that was a lot harder on Pat than it was on him. Mike himself admits "He didn't get it done". For you to say it was all a put on is reactionary on your part which is your right to do but at least relate the story correctly.

Broncomutt
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Looks like somebody is trying to scuttle this thread.:oyvey:

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
There is more to this story than you or I will ever know. That was very difficult for Pat to do, hell even Shanny continually states that was a lot harder on Pat than it was on him. Mike himself admits "He didn't get it done". For you to say it was all a put on is reactionary on your part which is your right to do but at least relate the story correctly.

I completely agree. However, they're both being gracious. One brought the SBs to town. The other just sat back and signed the checks and got sued.

Mike's rightfully nicknamed the Mastermind.

Pat's rightfully nicknamed... probably the impotent by Annabelle.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
bash bowlen all you want, but he did the right thing by letting shanny go.

Still not a ****ing thought process in your head, I see.

Bravo, you genuinely devoid of thought dip****.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Still not a ****ing thought process in your head, I see.

Bravo, you genuinely devoid of thought dip****.

i just dont understand what your point is other than to bash the owner for wanting to win.

baja
01-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I completely agree. However, they're both being gracious. One brought the SBs to town. The other just sat back and signed the checks and got sued.

Mike's rightfully nicknamed the Mastermind.

<b>Pat's rightfully nicknamed... probably the impotent by Annabelle.

lol That would explain the full length fur coat I suppose.

theAPAOps5
01-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Pat is definitely at a crossroads. If he ****ed this up as much as a lot of people think he will lose a staunch fan base. That includes me, if he fired a great HOF coach only to bring in a scrub or even a hack like Cowher my name goes right off the Season ticket list. Only time will tell though.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
i just dont understand what your point is other than to bash the owner for wanting to win.

Wanting to win?

He's got a HoF coach with a loaded offense?!?!

Wanting to win is bragging at the local brothels. Wanting to win isn't firing the coach on an ego trip.

Pat Bowlen might be the dumbest mother ****er in the history of professional sports. Shanahan is just too classy to say it. I will.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Wanting to win?

Wanting to win is bragging at the local brothels. Wanting to win isn't firing the coach on an ego trip.

Pat Bowlen might be the dumbest mother ****er in the history of professional sports. Shanahan is just too classy to say it. I will.

but he's not cleaning house

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
but he's not cleaning house

"I don't anticipate that we will be keeping any members of the coaching staff. Nothing will change in the personnel department."

sure thing, dude.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
sure thing, dude.

why dont we wait and see...:sunshine:

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
why dont we wait and see...:sunshine:

Why don't we have an owner we can take at their word instead of expecting everything is sunshine and ****s and giggles?

Miss I.
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Wanting to win?

Okay, that just isn't possible. I am pretty sure we could come up with dumber mother****ers in the history of professional sports. For one have you ever listened to some of the players speak, you know at least one of those guys is dumber than rocks. Just in recent history I got to list OJ and Michael Vick as dumber (though I don't actually think Pat Bowlen is dumb) and that's not even listing most of starting line up for the Bengals or LJ. And for goodness sakes, Al Davis has to be much dumber too, or at the least suffering from dementia or senility. Now have a good evening and remember in the scheme of things there are many more important things to get upset over. "Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow"

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Okay, that just isn't possible. I am pretty sure we could come up with dumber mother****ers in the history of professional sports. For one have you ever listened to some of the players speak, you know at least one of those guys is dumber than rocks. Just in recent history I got to list OJ and Michael Vick as dumber (though I don't actually think Pat Bowlen is dumb) and that's not even listing most of starting line up for the Bengals or LJ. And for goodness sakes, Al Davis has to be much dumber too, or at the least suffering from dementia or senility. Now have a good evening and remember in the scheme of things there are many more important things to get upset over. "Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow"

Maybe if I clarify the dumbest mother ****er in the history of professional sports front offices?

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Maybe if I clarify the dumbest mother ****er in the history of professional sports front offices?

Matt millen will always hold the title man.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2009, 08:18 PM

the legend...

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM

If Joey Harrington hadn't **** the bed, you'd be looking at Pat in a different light, my man.

baja
01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
The O Mane today

http://www.raisethehammer.org/images/bison_over_a_cliff.jpg

ohiobronco2
01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
The O Mane today

:rofl:

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
The O Mane today

The one falling is you fleeing the country, right?

baja
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
The one falling is you fleeing the country, right?

Dude leave me out of your melt down. ;D

Rohirrim
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
This thread is now HOF material. :rofl:

baja
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM

You kidding it's been HOF since page 3 it now defines 'HOF Thread'

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Dude leave me out of your melt down. ;D

Hey, I'm stable. I don't own a farm and thousands worth of seeds in case of nuclear meltdown!

baja
01-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey, I'm stable. I don't own a farm and thousands worth of seeds in case of nuclear meltdown!

Well you better be nice to or I'll have to scratch you off the guest list.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Well you better be nice to or I'll have to scratch you off the guest list.

You can be damn sure if something's threatening my kid, I'll be scratching you off your own guest list if that's what it takes.

Bronx33
01-04-2009, 09:00 PM
You can be damn sure if something's threatening my kid, I'll be scratching you off your own guest list if that's what it takes.

Great! now your threatening the hippies?

baja
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Trust I have more than seeds and hand tools. So come on down you tweaked out fuuck.

I got and idea lets keep it to football whining shall we.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Great! now your threatening the hippies?

Always!

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Trust I have more than seeds and hand tools. So come on down you tweeked out fuuck.

I got and idea lets keep it to football whining shall we.

This doesn't even make sense, old man!

lazarus4444
01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I was afraid that Shanahan termination would cause a civil war amongst broncos fans. hopefully next year when we win the superbowl all will be put to rest.

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I was afraid that Shanahan termination would cause a civil war amongst broncos fans. hopefully next year when we win the superbowl all will be put to rest.

That WOULD be awesome. I just don't see it, at the moment.

bombay
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Shanny is right: Bowlen is the best owner in sports. He wants to win and will spend every dime he's allowed to spend in order to do so.

That's all you can ask for as a fan.

lazarus4444
01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
That WOULD be awesome. I just don't see it, at the moment.

I know that right now it looks dire Rev...

But, we have a whole off-season and draft to look forward to.

Hopefully whoever is brought in the guys will play with heart which is something we haven't seen much this year have we?

So yes, it doesn't look good right now but I believe in Bowlen and we will come out of this smelling like roses.

Lets call peace between us Bronco fans and just hope for the best together instead of being divided like we currently are. No way anything here should devolve into personal threats or barbs, period.

I see next seasons schedule as a precursor to the playoffs. When we make the playoffs next year we'll know that the Broncos are real warriors and we'll have a chance at the big gig. :strong:

TheReverend
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I know that right now it looks dire Rev...

But, we have a whole off-season and draft to look forward to.

Hopefully whoever is brought in the guys will play with heart which is something we haven't seen much this year have we?

So yes, it doesn't look good right now but I believe in Bowlen and we will come out of this smelling like roses.

Lets call peace between us Bronco fans and just hope for the best together instead of being divided like we currently are. No way anything here should devolve into personal threats or barbs, period.

I see next seasons schedule as a precursor to the playoffs. When we make the playoffs next year we'll know that the Broncos are real warriors and we'll have a chance at the big gig. :strong:

I've got no animosity towards any Bronco fan or towards the new regime.

In fact, I think the new regime has a golden opportunity when it comes to picks, FA $ and the state of the offense.

Sadly, I DO think we'd be in better shoes with Mike at the helm. I'm not backing down from THAT position until someone can make a decent point about it... that has yet to happen.

So be it. Regardless, I'm a Bronco fan. I want to know WHY people who THEY want. That's all.

Chris Wade
01-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah Bowlen how dare you exercise the right of every business owner and hire and fire whomsever you like. I've followed the Bronco's for more than forty years. Every year the more power Mikey received the less I liked it. Right on Bowlen . Btw I thought Larry Croyer's wife reading in the newspaper that he'd been fired a pretty gutless move. Mikey didn't even call to break the news first. To you he's the greatest ever to me he's just a guy tried to wear too many hats.

HAT
01-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Sadly, I DO think we'd be in better shoes with Mike at the helm. I'm not backing down from THAT position until someone can make a decent point about it... that has yet to happen.

Well, Not in 13 months or so at least.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-05-2007, 12:12 AM #433
HAT
Seasoned Veteran

Not going to harp on today's result or even last weeks b/c my point this entire thread has been the bigger picture.

SB Champ. / Coach / years as coach
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

colts / Dungy / 5th
pitt / Cowher / 13th
NE / Bellicheck / 5th
NE / Bellicheck / 4th
TB / Gruden / 1st
NE / Bellicheck / 2nd
Balt / Billick / 2nd
Stl / Dick4meal / 3rd
Den / Shanny / 4th
Den / Shanny / 3rd
GB / Holmgren / 5th
Dal / Switzer / 2nd
SF / Siefert / 6th
Dal / JJ / 5th
Dal / JJ / 4th
Wash / Gibbs / 11th
NYG / Parcells / 8th
SF / Siefert / 1st
SF / Walsh / 10th

(Got tired of searching after 20 years)

Clearly, it's pretty rare for a 10+ year tenured HC to strike gold....just like it is for a first or second year one. Years 3-6 are the money years.

Makes sense if you think about it. 1st & 2nd year coaches are usually inheriting terrible teams and need time to implement their own brand of football, with personell of their choosing & to build continuity. (Sans Siefert/Gruden). Long time HC's (9.10,11 + years) have either burntout, lost their ability to motivate or the game has just flat passed them by.

Let's see if Shanny can strike gold in 2008 (his 14th year). I don't care if they win it all, go 1 and done in the PO's or finish 6-10 again.....2008 needs to be his last year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

broncocalijohn
01-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Ya know chances are some of things he said were probably a bit tweaked and untrue as to what the real reason is for mikes firing i really wouldn't take every word and facial gesture as some kinda of meaning. A 14 year working relationship ended real fast for some reason, shanahan retaining slowik probably made pat fire him iam speculating of course but something happened and it happened right after mike announcement i just found that interesting.

all that in two sentences. WOW! I think i missed a few days here as this threads grows with Reverend playing the part of O4L. I was a Shanny supporter as most were but once the gauntlet was laid down and there were actaul reasons to fire him, I go along with Bowlen as I am a Broncos fan first. We all want Slowik gone and if that was even one bit of the reason, it is understandable. Maybe Shanny got too comfortable with the position. All I know is he isnt coming back so Rev, look to the future and put your opinion on that. These battles of pro shanny vs. The World is not worth it unless you are looking for a soapbox to stand alone. In that case, preach on brother! We need someone to look either a genius or an absolute fool. I let the mob decide where to put you as I am not going to go back and see where this started.

Popps
01-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Sadly, I DO think we'd be in better shoes with Mike at the helm. I'm not backing down from THAT position until someone can make a decent point about it... that has yet to happen..

I would have loved mike to stay in a pure coaching role, and that wasn't going to happen.

As for anyone making a point about us being in better shape going forward, that's just speculation... the same as assuming we'd be better with him.

The bottom line is this.. the next playoff game we win will equal what we've done in the last 10 years. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I don't think it'll take us long to eclipse that sort of track record.

Things change and evolve. You never get guarantees that they'll be better. You can just keep faith as a fan. I personally remain upbeat about things going forward with a great owner, some great pieces in place and hopefully a defensive-minded new regime that can bring playoff-style football back to Denver.

Bronx33
01-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I would have loved mike to stay in a pure coaching role, and that wasn't going to happen.

As for anyone making a point about us being in better shape going forward, that's just speculation... the same as assuming we'd be better with him.

The bottom line is this.. the next playoff game we win will equal what we've done in the last 10 years. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I don't think it'll take us long to eclipse that sort of track record.

Things change and evolve. You never get guarantees that they'll be better. You can just keep faith as a fan. I personally remain upbeat about things going forward with a great owner, some great pieces in place and hopefully a defensive-minded new regime that can bring playoff-style football back to Denver.

Well put popps...

Popps
01-06-2009, 03:52 PM

It had me at "gutless drunk."

I predict 1000 posts here by draft day, if not before. Maybe the beginning of free agency.

Orange_Beard
01-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Hartless pimp.

baja
01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Hartless pimp.

I wouldn't call him heartless.

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 03:59 PM
It had me at "gutless drunk."

I predict 1000 posts here by draft day, if not before. Maybe the beginning of free agency.

Well we better keep it goin!

Fuel to the fire:

"PAT BOWLEN IS AN IGNORANT ****TARD!"

Bronx33
01-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Do you ever sleep rev? or have you summoned your marine training to go the distance?

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Do you ever sleep rev? or have you summoned your marine training to go the distance?

I "post" at work. There was a good hour and a half after that where I was getting laid. Now I'm bored because the kid's with her mom, it's not a workout day and, well, two and a half men is a re-run (**** you for judging me!)

PS. I don't sleep much.

Bronx33
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
I "post" at work. There was a good hour and a half after that where I was getting laid. Now I'm bored because the kid's with her mom, it's not a workout day and, well, two and a half men is a re-run (**** you for judging me!)

PS. I don't sleep much.

Not many jarheads do.

Meck77
01-06-2009, 04:13 PM

PS. I don't sleep much.

Got any more pics of your entourage? :wiggle:

I'd imagine a younger "gutless" in his prime couldn't even keep up with you. ;D

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9356/bowlen2la8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/bowlen2la8.jpg/1/w333.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img340/bowlen2la8.jpg/1/)

Popps
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Well we better keep it goin!

Fuel to the fire:

"PAT BOWLEN IS AN IGNORANT ****TARD!"

If this thread loses momentum at any time, simply....

1. Mention Jake Plummer in any way/shape/form

2. Mention that Rivers may be better than Cutler right now

3. Call DJ Williams an average, overrated, soft player. ;D

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Got any more pics of your entourage? :wiggle:

I'd imagine a younger "gutless" in his prime couldn't even keep up with you. ;D

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9356/bowlen2la8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/bowlen2la8.jpg/1/w333.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img340/bowlen2la8.jpg/1/)

Plenty. And the unedited versions too.

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
If this thread loses momentum at any time, simply....

1. Mention Jake Plummer in any way/shape/form

2. Mention that Rivers may be better than Cutler right now

3. Call DJ Williams an average, overrated, soft player. ;D

I remember taking a ton of **** for starting a thread before the SD game where I said regardless of the defensive ineptitude and injuries at the RB spot, until Jay can win that game people will still bring up Plummer and point fingers at Shanahan, whether it was deserved by Cutler or not.

Few days later, you can't hit a thread with a stick without some Plummer reference and Shanahan got fired.

ghwk
01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Doing my part to get this thread to 1000. Cutler sucks, Rivers rules. Flame away!

Popps
01-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I remember taking a ton of **** for starting a thread before the SD game where I said regardless of the defensive ineptitude and injuries at the RB spot, until Jay can win that game people will still bring up Plummer and point fingers at Shanahan, whether it was deserved by Cutler or not.

Few days later, you can't hit a thread with a stick without some Plummer reference and Shanahan got fired.

Plummer is so ****ing irrelevant. Plummer was basically irrelevant back in 2005, to some extent. He was a shiny object that distracted the easily distracted among us.

But, that's gone... and here we are, with the same set of probs we had when Jake was here... Gus.... Brian, you name it.

But, hope springs eternal.... whether you want to buy into it or not.

Get me a ****ing defensive-minded coach in here, immediately!

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Plummer is so ****ing irrelevant. Plummer was basically irrelevant back in 2005, to some extent. He was a shiny object that distracted the easily distracted among us.

But, that's gone... and here we are, with the same set of probs we had when Jake was here... Gus.... Brian, you name it.

But, hope springs eternal.... whether you want to buy into it or not.

Did you see the post I had comparing Shanahan and Fischer's defensive rankings over their same 14 years in the same conference? One O minded Hall of Famer and one D minded possible Hall of Famer down the road.

Shanahan's were significantly better.

TonyR
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Everyone just needs to remember that the defensive minded coach doesn't have to be the head coach.

theAPAOps5
01-06-2009, 04:44 PM

PS. I don't sleep much.

Did you cuddle for an hour and 25 minutes?

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 04:46 PM

Nope! The drive home is roughly that long though

SureShot
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM

Yeah what took you so long? Or did you know before hand Two and Half men was a rerun?

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah what took you so long? Or did you know before hand Two and Half men was a rerun?

I was obviously including drive time.

Popps
01-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Did you see the post I had comparing Shanahan and Fischer's defensive rankings over their same 14 years in the same conference? One O minded Hall of Famer and one D minded possible Hall of Famer down the road.

Shanahan's were significantly better.

Could be. I'd say Fisher dealt with some external issues that Shanahan didn't have to as far as ownership moving the team, etc. But, it may very well be on paper that Shanahan's stats look better.

I mean, some people think our 2005 defense was great. It wasn't. It was better than the sewer-sludge we dump out there these days... but that defense got lit up in big games.

I'd imagine most of Shanahan's stats come from the first three years he's in Denver, when he absolutely did a masterful job at putting a proper playoff team together. (Defense and running game.)

But, as I've pondered for a decade... how did Shanahan forget? Who knows, but he did. He forgot that building a strong front seven made his defense into champions. Instead, he tried to nickel-dime for 10 years... and pitched away draft picks on gobs of awful DBs and WRs, choosing instead to shurg off and belittle his front seven needs with the Leon Letts and Browns castoffs of the world.

Not surprisingly, he never built another champion. He threw away his own set of instructions on how to do so.

Anyone who watched that 97/98 team knows we could have won those championships with a lesser QB. Bubby Brister looked like Y.A. friggin' Tittle in there when he played. Elway was great, but was simply part of a functioning championship team, at that stage.

It was the lines and the running game that fueled those championships. But, Shanahan lost his way... and we never returned. Those who think he didn't win another because Elway retired simply don't have a clue.

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Could be. I'd say Fisher dealt with some external issues that Shanahan didn't have to as far as ownership moving the team, etc. But, it may very well be on paper that Shanahan's stats look better.

I mean, some people think our 2005 defense was great. It wasn't. It was better than the sewer-sludge we dump out there these days... but that defense got lit up in big games.

I'd imagine most of Shanahan's stats come from the first three years he's in Denver, when he absolutely did a masterful job at putting a proper playoff team together. (Defense and running game.)

But, as I've pondered for a decade... how did Shanahan forget? Who knows, but he did. He forgot that building a strong front seven made his defense into champions. Instead, he tried to nickel-dime for 10 years... and pitched away draft picks on gobs of awful DBs and WRs, choosing instead to shurg off and belittle his front seven needs with the Leon Letts and Browns castoffs of the world.

Not surprisingly, he never built another champion. He threw away his own set of instructions on how to do so.

Anyone who watched that 97/98 team knows we could have won those championships with a lesser QB. Bubby Brister looked like Y.A. friggin' Tittle in there when he played. Elway was great, but was simply part of a functioning championship team, at that stage.

It was the lines and the running game that fueled those championships. But, Shanahan lost his way... and we never returned. Those who think he didn't win another because Elway retired simply don't have a clue.

Well, if you discount Fischer's first three seasons (to account for the move and give it a couple years to stabilize) his average actually gets worse.

Shanahan's first three were very good defensively. But since then, in the past decade, he's posted FIVE top ten units (two top 5) and fielded DRAMATICALLY better units than Fischer 70% of the time (once again, in the past decade--ya know, the one he gets a ton of **** for)

I can agree with the rest, largely, but it's also interesting to see how dramatically the drafts improved when Ted saw the door. It was also cute in the PC when Shanahan started thanking everyone and their mother, went into the speech and then went "Oh yeah, and Ted Sundquist". I thought that was pretty telling, along with the thanking of the Goodman's and saying "The success of the past three drafts was all them" (Spoken like a true meglomaniac like most here claim).

McLuvin
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
I guess having a team that comes out and plays with no heart and quits is a sign of a great coach.....

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I guess having a team that comes out and plays with no heart and quits is a sign of a great coach.....

Wow!

You really came with the facts, and left the completely irrelevant intangibles at the door and just came in here to make an extremely solid argument!

It's gonna hard for me to still think Shanahan was the guy when you come with a post bringing that kind of heat!

I consider myself pwned (that's what the e-kids are slangin these days, right?)

SureShot
01-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Rev is on a roll! It must be his afterglow or he is pissed Two and a half men is a rerun.

Rohirrim
01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
This is extremely stupid. **** you, Bowlen. I hope you get assraped by someone with a 15 inch dick. And AIDS.

Mike worked to get better. He started listening to others. He began drafting well. He was turning it around. NO ONE expected anything of us this year and he outdid all the expectations until we collapsed at the end.

This is the darkest day in my 17 year love affair with this team. I'm very offended by this. **** you, Bowlen. **** you.

Just revisiting some of the HOF material on this thread. :thumbsup:

SureShot
01-06-2009, 05:42 PM
15 inch dick with aids....now that is a weapon of mass destruction.

Popps
01-06-2009, 05:48 PM

That's even more enjoyable because it comes from generally reserved, intelligent poster.

TheReverend
01-06-2009, 05:52 PM
That's even more enjoyable because it comes from generally reserved, intelligent poster.

It's the most beautiful post I've ever read.

Dagmar
01-06-2009, 05:55 PM
It's the most beautiful post I've ever read.

It's pure poetry, Whitman-esque. Brings a tear to the eye.

Popps
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Now that I think about it, I wonder if Nalen retired... or if Bowlen FIRED him!!

Dun dun DUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

theAPAOps5
01-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Seriously though I wonder if nails would have tried one more comeback if Shanny was here. But even seeing him up close at the past camp he had dropped weight. Looked more like a tight end than a center. I don't mean House Carswell TE either.

Meck77
01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I hope the Pat haters don't hear about this!

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9809/crocker1lc4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/crocker1lc4.jpg/1/w448.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img387/crocker1lc4.jpg/1/)

SoCalBronco
01-06-2009, 09:13 PM

I stand by what I said.

Ambiguous
01-06-2009, 09:22 PM
This is extremely stupid. **** you, Bowlen. I hope you get assraped by someone with a 15 inch dick. And AIDS.

Mike worked to get better. He started listening to others. He began drafting well. He was turning it around. NO ONE expected anything of us this year and he outdid all the expectations until we collapsed at the end.

This is the darkest day in my 17 year love affair with this team. I'm very offended by this. **** you, Bowlen. **** you.

This is epic lol.

I was actually going to quit coming here for a while because I just want to forget football exists after the last couple of weeks, but holy hell. We are in for a complete off season with the Mane in full on meltdown mode for a lot of people.

Ambiguous
01-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I stand by what I said.

I commend you sir.

Popps
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I stand by what I said.

Still AIDS, or have you cooled off enough to downgrade it to a common venereal disease?

wolf754life
01-06-2009, 10:55 PM
rockin is my business and business is good!

SoCalBronco
01-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Still AIDS, or have you cooled off enough to downgrade it to a common venereal disease?

Yeah...that aspect of it (the AIDS) was over the top and I apologize for that. I freely admit that I am emotionally unstable.

Maybe the 15 inch dick thing was, too...maybe.......however, at the very least, Pat should have been subjected to surprise buttsecks with a cactus.

;D

Popps
01-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah...that aspect of it (the AIDS) was over the top and I apologize for that. I freely admit that I am emotionally unstable.

Maybe the 15 inch dick thing was, too...maybe.......however, at the very least, Pat should have been subjected to surprise buttsecks with a cactus.

;D

Like I said. It was 10x funnier coming from a reserved, bright guy like yourself.

Ahhhh, screw it. These boards are for venting, too. Hell, I got so worked up after a win a few months ago I said DJ might be close to getting Pro Bowl looks.

;D

Blueflame
01-07-2009, 12:23 AM

;D

Saguaro or prickly pear?

TheReverend
01-07-2009, 05:12 AM

;D

Now, I feel betrayed by this retraction.

If anything you were too lenient and let some of your "turn the other cheek" values shine through. There were no other justly deserved adjectives like "gang rape", "lorena bobbit", "the chick from 'teeth'", "closet queer", "cowardice", etc.

Rohirrim
01-07-2009, 05:54 AM

Like I said. It was 10x funnier coming from a reserved, bright guy like yourself.

Ahhhh, screw it. These boards are for venting, too. Hell, I got so worked up after a win a few months ago I said DJ might be close to getting Pro Bowl looks.

;D

Did you hear me after the loss to the Faders? I lost it. ;D

broncosteven
01-07-2009, 11:21 AM
So has this thread replaced the FONECO thread?

It should.

Popps
01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
So has this thread replaced the FONECO thread?

It should.

Oh, just you wait.

This thread has Tito Paul possibilities.

Rock Chalk
01-07-2009, 12:40 PM
The Plummer argument is gaining traction on the Griese one.

Still, its just not as fun as the Griese argument was. There is no beckyj4 and Taco John combo on Plummer's side. Just some few of us who did appreciate Plummer as the Denver QB and the vast majority that seemed to hate every thing about the guy.

I dont think there will ever be as polarizing a figure in Broncos history as Griese was to this team. I ****ing hated that guy as if he were an Oakland Raider. I still hate that guy.

Popps
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Still, its just not as fun as the Griese argument was. There is no beckyj4 and Taco John combo on Plummer's side. Just some few of us who did appreciate Plummer as the Denver QB and the vast majority that seemed to hate every thing about the guy.

I dont think there will ever be as polarizing a figure in Broncos history as Griese was to this team. I ****ing hated that guy as if he were an Oakland Raider. I still hate that guy.

Even his dog hated him.

Popps
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Someone just referred to this thread as just... "Gutless."

This thread is starting to get an attitude. Thinks its #### doesn't stink.

This is the "Bruce" of football threads. So cool, it only needs one name now.

theAPAOps5
01-21-2009, 09:43 AM
That person would be me and I think The Gutless thread is perfect! I am ApaOps5 and I approve this message.

gyldenlove
01-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I never hated Plummer, I liked his never say die mentality, he was the 5-o'clock shadow in a clean-shaven world. Watching a Broncos game with some friends while Plummer was at the helm is like watching your holiday tape, you know that the shot of you diving off a 20 foot cliff will score huge points, but you just hope nobody taped your speedos coming off in the hotel pool or when someone wrote words on your back with sunblock while you fell asleep on the beach. You knew that you could rub the result in their faces, but every so often he would do something that would make you hate yourself a little bit.

I have managed, through years of self-hypnosis to block out the Griese era. He never happened to me and I live my life accordingly.

This thread is going to be huge, it is going to be Tony Siragusa huge.

montrose
01-21-2009, 10:12 AM
This thread has Tito Paul possibilities.

Does it make me a bad person that I'm still po'ed at Tito?

baja
01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Did you know that Tito Paul is related to Bill Buckner.

Man-Goblin
01-21-2009, 10:21 AM
The Unofficial Tito Paul Home Page

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Sideline/3785/

montrose
01-21-2009, 11:16 AM
The Unofficial Tito Paul Home Page

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Sideline/3785/

Wow. Not only does he have his own website, not only has it not been updated in 10 years, but it's a Geocities page - that owns more than anything in the world...

Popps
01-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Does it make me a bad person that I'm still po'ed at Tito?

Hilarious!

24champ
01-21-2009, 02:04 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/taco.jpg

Kaylore
01-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Yeah it was really hard for me to enjoy anything about the Broncos at all with Griese. What pissed me off was people saying "you just don't like him because he's not John Elway." No! The guy was slow, had zero athleticism and had the personality of a brick.

Plummer was awesome until he stopped caring about football. Once Cutler was drafted he couldn't handle the heat. Just because I was glad to see us move to Jay doesn't mean I didn't enjoy him when he played for us. He was such a welcome change from Griese. He was exciting and that made me care about the Broncos again.

Honestly, if Bob Slowik was coming back next year, it would have deadened me to the Broncos exactly the way Griese did.

2KBack
01-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah it was really hard for me to enjoy anything about the Broncos at all with Griese. What pissed me off was people saying "you just don't like him because he's not John Elway." No! The guy was slow, had zero athleticism and had the personality of a brick.

Plummer was awesome until he stopped caring about football. Once Cutler was drafted he couldn't handle the heat. Just because I was glad to see us move to Jay doesn't mean I didn't enjoy him when he played for us. He was such a welcome change from Griese. He was exciting and that made me care about the Broncos again.

Honestly, if Bob Slowik was coming back next year, it would have deadened me to the Broncos exactly the way Griese did.

That is a pretty good analogy. Slowik was draining the life out of the team, much the way Griese was. Griese's last season had me reeling a bit, and I needed him to go. Jake brought the excitement back. This past season felt a lot like 2002 to me. Something needed to change to bring back some fire to the franchise. When Shanahan said Slowik was staying I lost all hope.

One more example of how a change was needed. We may have lost shanahan, but the spark is back.

broncosteven
01-21-2009, 06:05 PM
One more example of how a change was needed. We may have lost shanahan, but the spark is back.

Spark isn't back for me until they win some games.

If MickyD goes 0-3 or 1-4 to start the season I am going Wolf on him!

theAPAOps5
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Spark isn't back for me until they win some games.

If MickyD goes 0-3 or 1-4 to start the season I am going Wolf on him!

Nah he has 2 years. We need to see what he can get out of Cutler. Thats what will endear me to him. Cutler needs some polishing on and off the field and I want to see how McD does with that.

orinjkrush
01-21-2009, 06:11 PM

when was the last time you had to teach your replacement at WORK???
its not so easy.

broncosteven
01-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Nah he has 2 years. We need to see what he can get out of Cutler. Thats what will endear me to him. Cutler needs some polishing on and off the field and I want to see how McD does with that.

If he starts 1-4 and ends 6-10 I am starting threads with the words "FIRE" and "Drunk" in them.

broncosteven
01-21-2009, 06:13 PM
when was the last time you had to teach your replacement at WORK???
its not so easy.

This is the NFL, they are one injury away from losing their job. If they don't help the guy behind them then they are not willing to help the team.

theAPAOps5
01-21-2009, 06:14 PM
If he starts 1-4 and ends 6-10 I am starting threads with the words "FIRE" and "Drunk" in them.

LOL well with how things are here I don't blame you but I fully expect him to be that way with what Defense he was handed coupled with the schedule.

In fact I expected it with Shanahan too when he said he was keeping Slowick. So next season is a wash either way.

broncosteven
01-21-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL well with how things are here I don't blame you but I fully expect him to be that way with what Defense he was handed coupled with the schedule.

In fact I expected it with Shanahan too when he said he was keeping Slowick. So next season is a wash either way.

It is more based on the reaction here.

But what pushed me over the edge was Bowlen expecting to win Every year. I always have been a realistic fan, knowing it is hard to get to playoffs let alone a SB.

If the Owner fires a HOF coach only to hire a guy who is almost 10 years my junior who then goes out and hires his brother...!

SB or Bust!

orinjkrush
01-21-2009, 06:19 PM
how many of you still think Bowlen is a "gutless drunk"?

of all TJs postings (which I normally agree with) I am still most amazed at this one.

Taco John
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM
I still do. Rooney stuck with Cowher during three years of playoff drought, while the team was liquidated and rebuilt to be a multi-year contender. I believe that's exactly where we are at - two years from being a multi-year contender.

I don't care how "brave" people think he was to fire Shanahan, I thought it was a gutless move. I think sticking with him through this crucial point would have taken more guts. I still think firing Shanahan was a mistake. He should have been given one more year.

It doesn't matter now. We've switched horses in the middle of a rebuild, and the only thing to do is look forward and hope that Bowlen isn't making the biggest mistake of his career.

Dagmar
01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/704_img_13.jpg

BigPlayShay
01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/65/704_img_13.jpg

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/umxmTijZLcnMhDPJjmYd5g"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/umxmTijZLcnMhDPJjmYd5g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

24champ
01-21-2009, 10:19 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2327548094_75a69ce1d4.jpg?v=0

Taco John
01-21-2009, 10:21 PM

That thing is going to give me nightmares...

Miss I.
01-22-2009, 04:14 AM

Dude, ya know it looks like he's wearing a Taco Bell diaper. ;D

TheReverend
01-22-2009, 05:02 AM
how many of you still think Bowlen is a "gutless drunk"?

of all TJs postings (which I normally agree with) I am still most amazed at this one.

I do... well, I'd probably term it "Sloppy, dumb drunk".

I do like the majority of the new staff, though.

Odysseus
01-23-2009, 10:03 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/zapparulez/Bronco%20Pics%20Elway%20Era/patbowlenfurcoat.jpg

Pimpin aint easy, TJ.

LOL

Taco wins with prison rules.

TheReverend
01-23-2009, 10:26 AM
LOL

Taco wins with prison rules.

TIGER!

I was just wondering about you yesterday. Safe and okay, I presume? Where have you been? What have you been up to?

Crushaholic
01-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I still do. Rooney stuck with Cowher during three years of playoff drought, while the team was liquidated and rebuilt to be a multi-year contender. I believe that's exactly where we are at - two years from being a multi-year contender.

That would have required MAJOR changes in the defense, whether it be scheme, players or both. Do you think Slowik would have made the changes necessary for the Broncos to not be an embarrassment during times when Cutler didn't have the ball?

24champ
01-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Dude, ya know it looks like he's wearing a Taco Bell diaper. ;D

TJ calls them depends...

I keed I keed.:P

Taco John
01-23-2009, 02:48 PM
That would have required MAJOR changes in the defense, whether it be scheme, players or both. Do you think Slowik would have made the changes necessary for the Broncos to not be an embarrassment during times when Cutler didn't have the ball?

I couldn't guess. All I know is either way, big changes were coming to the defense. Shanahan stockpiled more draft picks and more cap money than we've had in a decade, and most all of it is/was to go to the defense. And in either case, the Goodmans were picking the talent - you'll note that we didn't fire Shanahan's personnel guy - we promoted him.

I don't know enough about Slowick's scheme to say one way or the other about it. I just know that we didn't have the personnel to run it, and he was very open about this fact during training camp. The only thing he was able to do was run his base packages and install terminology. I personally think it's unfair to judge the guy's scheme based on what we saw this season, so I personally don't do it. I doubt I'd have liked his scheme. From what I can tell, it's similar to the scheme Greg Robinson ran when we won two Superbowls, and I hated Greg's scheme. But, of course, we did win two Superbowls with it... So there's that.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Clark Hunt, you with-gut, sober man!

Miss I.
01-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Clark Hunt, you with-gut, sober man!

Was that a compliment or some attempt at clever? If you were going to be funny, why not something like Clark Hunt you Fat Mama's Boy.;D

Sassy
01-23-2009, 07:03 PM

I don't care how "brave" people think he was to fire Shanahan, I thought it was a gutless move. I think sticking with him through this crucial point would have taken more guts. I still think firing Shanahan was a mistake. He should have been given one more year.

It doesn't matter now. We've switched horses in the middle of a rebuild, and the only thing to do is look forward and hope that Bowlen isn't making the biggest mistake of his career.

Kind of like switching from Jake to Jay ;D

Popps
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I couldn't guess. All I know is either way, big changes were coming to the defense. Shanahan stockpiled more draft picks and more cap money than we've had in a decade, and most all of it is/was to go to the defense.

Yea, big changes were coming... the guy who was unable to field a playoff-caliber defense for a decade and ran DCs in and out of town was going to go on a spending spree for his boy Bob Slowik.

Yep, we blew our big chance.

BroncoInferno
01-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I couldn't guess. All I know is either way, big changes were coming to the defense. Shanahan stockpiled more draft picks and more cap money than we've had in a decade, and most all of it is/was to go to the defense. And in either case, the Goodmans were picking the talent - you'll note that we didn't fire Shanahan's personnel guy - we promoted him.

I don't know enough about Slowick's scheme to say one way or the other about it. I just know that we didn't have the personnel to run it, and he was very open about this fact during training camp. The only thing he was able to do was run his base packages and install terminology. I personally think it's unfair to judge the guy's scheme based on what we saw this season, so I personally don't do it. I doubt I'd have liked his scheme. From what I can tell, it's similar to the scheme Greg Robinson ran when we won two Superbowls, and I hated Greg's scheme. But, of course, we did win two Superbowls with it... So there's that.

You're a fool. Shanny has not shown the ability to draft or sign D talent in 10 years. The D has gotten progressively worse the last three years. What in the hell makes you think that was all of a sudden going to change? I agree that Shanny had the O gonig in the right direction, but to say the tide was going to turn with the D after all the FA and draft failures on that side of the ball is just plain stupid.

Taco John
01-24-2009, 01:00 AM
You're a fool. Shanny has not shown the ability to draft or sign D talent in 10 years. The D has gotten progressively worse the last three years. What in the hell makes you think that was all of a sudden going to change? I agree that Shanny had the O gonig in the right direction, but to say the tide was going to turn with the D after all the FA and draft failures on that side of the ball is just plain stupid.

So you have no faith in Goodman? We just essentially promoted Shanahan's personnel guy to GM. The same man who would be responsible for drafting our players under Shanahan is going to be the same man who does it for us this year.

TDmvp
01-24-2009, 01:05 AM
It's pretty crazy that if you type "gutless drunk" into google , you get this

http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=%22gutless%20drunk%22&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

And 3rd hit is

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199429&page=20

Football Shannahan is Fired - Page 20 - ChiefsPlanet
Bowlen, you gutless drunk! - http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75568 ..... Bowlen, you gutless drunk! You're going to get exactly what you deserve ..

Just thought that was kinda crazy .
carry on ....

BroncoInferno
01-24-2009, 07:48 AM
So you have no faith in Goodman? We just essentially promoted Shanahan's personnel guy to GM. The same man who would be responsible for drafting our players under Shanahan is going to be the same man who does it for us this year.

I have faith in his ability to draft offense, but what impact players has he unearthed on defense? Dumervil is the only guy who has had any major impact, and he is not an every down player (or shouldn't be, anyway). Woodyard was a good find as a UDFA. That's about it.

baja
01-24-2009, 08:06 AM
I have faith in his ability to draft offense, but what impact players has he unearthed on defense? Dumervil is the only guy who has had any major impact, and he is not an every down player (or shouldn't be, anyway). Woodyard was a good find as a UDFA. That's about it.

I think Bates was give the draft that Moss was in and all the D players that year were on Bates. JMO

Cito Pelon
01-24-2009, 09:00 AM

I suppose it's possible Shanny could have turned things around to make this into the rip-roaring team it once was. But, Shanny had plenty of chances to do so, and didn't get it done.

Take a look at what Shanny squandered - and Bowlen also by sticking with Shanny:

After the 1998 season, Denver had the most AFC Titles of any team, six. Pittsburgh was second with five AFC Titles. Buffalo was third with four AFC banners. Oakland was fourth with 3 AFC Title banners. New England was fifth with two AFC banners.

Since the 1999 season, Denver is flat at six AFC banners, Pittsburgh now has seven AFC banners, New England now has six AFC banners, Oakland has added another AFC banner so they're at four.

Shanny had his chances to make Denver the dominant AFC team by a large margin, but didn't get it done. It was time for a change in leadership.

montrose
02-12-2009, 04:24 PM
This absolutely has to be bumped.

elsid13
02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Can we pinch in and buy the team. Or at least send Pat to rehab.

baja
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
This is a head scratcher for sure.

Merlin
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Shanny had his chances to make Denver the dominant AFC team by a large margin, but didn't get it done. It was time for a change in leadership.
In fairness to Shanny, he had been working with mediocre QBs and making the most out of it. Of the 6 AFC titles 5 were by a QB that retired. We all know how often teams have trouble recovering their glory days when their HOF QB retires. Finally Shanny seems to have found a suitable replacement, some great building blocks were placed around him and...yeah time for a change.

My only major complaint this yr was the freedom Cutler was given, I don't thing his ego was ready for it. OTOH, he seems to have learn a lot this past yr. That being said, I do like the fact the new head coach knows how to reign in a QB, and unleash when ready. Lets hope he knows more than that.

UberBroncoMan
02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
With the firing of the Goodmans who were responsible for 2008's amazing draft as well as the McDaniels hire... I am now willing to call Bowlen a gutless drunk.

We just hired a guy who was with the Falcons for years of failures... a guy who didn't join us till after our draft last year.

I'm literally more floored about this than the Shanahan decision.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 07:16 PM
With the firing of the Goodmans who were responsible for 2008's amazing draft as well as the McDaniels hire... I am now willing to call Bowlen a gutless drunk.

We just hired a guy who was with the Falcons for years of failures... a guy who didn't join us till after our draft last year.

Maybe he couldn't get Matt Millen out of his NBC contract...

Karenin
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM

You have no idea who was responsible for the 2008 draft, you are a fan and you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes.

You have no idea who was responsible for the failures of the Falcons. Again, you are a fan and you don't know who makes the final decisions in any organization.

Please learn the meaning of this word before you ever use it again.

This post applies to all of the idiots who are crying about this move. You don't know what the Goodmans were responsible for, so stop pretending you do. For all you know, the Goodmans wanted to make completely different picks and were overruled by other people. So stop.

theAPAOps5
02-13-2009, 08:08 AM

Why? Nolan and McDaniels will give Xanders their wish list. His job is to best fill that wish list through his scouts. Its not like Xanders has all the power like Shanahan did. Overreact all you want but this isn't the end of the world.

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Why? Nolan and McDaniels will give Xanders their wish list. His job is to best fill that wish list through his scouts. Its not like Xanders has all the power like Shanahan did. Overreact all you want but this isn't the end of the world.

Everything I've read points to McDaniels deciding on players and Xanders figuring out how to pay them and other financials around the business.

Popps
02-13-2009, 09:40 AM

Dude, you'd better get on the panic-bus and quick. Don't you realize we have a .500 record to protect, here?

How dare we make changes after the stellar seasons we've had the past few years.

UberBroncoMan
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
You have no idea who was responsible for the 2008 draft, you are a fan and you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes.

You have no idea who was responsible for the failures of the Falcons. Again, you are a fan and you don't know who makes the final decisions in any organization.

Please learn the meaning of this word before you ever use it again.

This post applies to all of the idiots who are crying about this move. You don't know what the Goodmans were responsible for, so stop pretending you do. For all you know, the Goodmans wanted to make completely different picks and were overruled by other people. So stop.

Seriously, bite me you overcritically pompous ásshole. If you want a bean counter over two others who were more qualified in terms of player evaluation, fine by me. But don't start acting yourself like you're a know it all you hypocrite.

Karenin
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't think I'm a know it all, which makes me better than you. You have absolutely no idea who is more qualified in terms of player evaluation so stop pretending you do. Stop pretending you know anything but the little bits and pieces that the Broncos organization lets you know through the media.

I am content being a fan and admitting that I don't know everything about the machinations of a football front office, whereas you think you're on the payroll or something. The sooner you come to terms with the fact that you aren't on the team or in the front office, the happier you'll be.

frerottenextelway
02-28-2009, 03:54 PM
bump

ludo21
02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
This thread is even more valuable now that Cutler is angry at the world... Ha!

baja
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
As a public service I will but a copy of this here. ;D

So Cal - Oh my god.....I can't bear this.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT LITTLE KIDS IN CHARGE.

REMEMBER BOWLEN, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED!!!!!!!!

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY YOU PIECE OF ****. I HOPE YOU ARE ****ING HAPPY WITH GIVING THE KEYS TO THE PORSCHE TO LITTLE PIECES OF ****.

THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. DONT YOU DARE ****ING SHOW YOUR FACE AGAIN. YOU ARENT AN OWNER, YOU'RE A DRUNK. GO GET TREATMENT YOU PIECE OF ****. GO GET SOME ****ING TREATMENT.

Popps
02-28-2009, 04:51 PM
This thread is even more valuable now that Cutler is angry at the world... Ha!

LEAVE JAY ALONE!!!!!

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/chris-crocker-cries.jpg

Rohirrim
02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
This is the worst meltdown I have ever seen on this board. It's astonishing.

Taco John
02-28-2009, 06:39 PM

I only wish the Internet was around for the days when Reeves was talking about trading Elway...

HILife
02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I was wondering when this thread was going to get bumped

watermock
02-28-2009, 06:41 PM

It's warranterd.

yerner
02-28-2009, 06:47 PM
if i ever get a chance, im pissing in bowlens johnnie walker blue.

gyldenlove
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
There is more crying, screaming and tantruming going on here than when Take That split up.

You can really feel the estrogen, I never knew we had such a large female fan-base.

Rohirrim
02-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I only wish the Internet was around for the days when Reeves was talking about trading Elway...

Touche! I remember that one. Tommy Maddox. Ha!

UberBroncoMan
03-01-2009, 12:44 AM
This thread should be changed too Bowlen, is a ****ing stupid, gutless drunk.

kamakazi_kal
03-01-2009, 01:22 AM
F**k Sh*t F**k Motherf$cker........ he IS A guttless drunk!!!!!!!1

Popps
03-01-2009, 01:25 AM

It's pretty classic. I'm straining to think of any better than this.

yerner
03-01-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm starting to think Bowlens been dead for weeks and Colonel Xanders and General Mcdaniels are pulling a Weekend at Bernies type deal.

lazarus4444
03-01-2009, 01:27 AM
I thought the Shanahan meltdown was bad but wow, this is just off the chain.

SureShot
03-01-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm starting to think Bowlens been dead for weeks and Colonel Xanders and General Mcdaniels are pulling a Weekend at Bernies type deal.

:rofl: :rofl:

Popps
03-01-2009, 02:09 AM
I thought the Shanahan meltdown was bad but wow, this is just off the chain.

The most poetic and beautiful thing about this particular melt-down is... nothing really happened. No move was made. Nothing tangible occurred.

People are calling for physical harm to come to our coaching staff... and absolutely nothing occurred.

Don't let this pass you by without enjoying it. Bed-crappings like this won't happen every day around here. This one is special.

extralife
03-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Popps, your reaction to this is much more zealous than anyone else around here. Being on the other side doesn't make you any better.