PDA

View Full Version : Players you don't want to see in a Broncos uniform next year:

Houshyamama
12-29-2008, 11:13 AM
1. Nate Webster
2. Boss Bailey
3. Marlon McCree
4. Karl Paymah

Inkana7
12-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Bob Slowik.

Archer81
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
1. Nate Webster
2. Dre Bly
3. Marlon McCree
4. Karl Paymah

Fixed it.

:Broncos:

nickademus
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Manuel
Engleburger

are the only other two that I see that I just shake my head at. there are like 6-8 guys that I dont really care one way or another as long as they are not starting.

Inkana7
12-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Fixed it.

Dre Bly was our best player on defense this season.

Why people on here hate him is beyond me.

Bronx33
webster

Peoples Champ
Matt Prater, we should have gotten Mason Crosby from CU.

Archer81
12-29-2008, 11:17 AM

Woodyard was. He didnt play often enough. Bly makes one tackle in one game a month ago and hes our best defender?

wolf754life
who signed/drafted those guys?

hmmmmmmm?

wait..............

I think I figured it out.

NFLBRONCO
Bly is outta here

Peoples Champ
12-29-2008, 11:18 AM

I did like his play occasionally, and a lot of the times he was burnt it was a perfect pass, but he is getting a lot of money and taking up a lot of cap room for how old he is and what we could get by freeing up $$$.

Inkana7
12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Woodyard was. He didnt play often enough. Bly makes one tackle in one game a month ago and hes our best defender?

Plus two crucial interceptions. And a forced fumble.

He was the only player to make plays all year.

telluride
12-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Let's go at this in reverse. These are the types of players I want on the Broncos:

Eddie Royal
Ryan Clady
Peyton Hillis
Wesley Woodyard

Young, hungry, talented, no-drama players. I'll take that type over showboating self-regarding players like Bly, Webster, and -- yes -- even Marshall.

colonelbeef
12-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Nate Webster
Manuel
Engelberger
Boss Bailey

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
nate webster x2

WolfpackGuy
12-29-2008, 11:22 AM
MANUAL, Webster, Winborn, Engleberger, Bly. At least most of the remaining players are young and have potential.

Beantown Bronco
Bob Slowik.

Never heard of that player. What position does he play?

Inkana7

He wears a bronco uniform. And last night it was all orange. He looked 12 years old.

Inkana7
12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
MANUAL, Webster, Winborn, Engleberger, Bly. At least most of the remaining players are young and have potential.

Winborn, Bly, Early Season DJ and Woodyard were the only playmakers on Defense this year. And you want to get rid of two of them?

Ray Finkle
12-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Webster
Bly
Paymah
Boss
Manuel
Niko
Green

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Bly was out of position 6 times out of ten his INTs were over throws/easy he tackles up high every freaking time and cost us major yardage when the runner ran for extra yards so what exactly did we get from bly this for the price we payed him?

Houshyamama
12-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Bly was out of position 6 times out of ten his INTs were over throws/easy he tackles up high every freaking time and cost us major yardage when the runner ran for extra yards so what exactly did we get from bly this for the price we payed him?

This is a catastrophe of a sentence :thumbs:

Smiling Assassin27
12-29-2008, 11:34 AM
1. Nate Webster
2. Matt Prater
3. Patrick Ramsey
4. Mike Pittman
5. Engleberger
6. Moss
7. EVERY Safety.
8. Boss Bailey

Broncojef
12-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I'd really like a DC with an aggressive scheme to come in and evaluate what we have before throwing it out the window. I'm really at a loss for what the defensive side of the ball contains because we played such a vanilla defense all year. I get the feeling Bly and others may be much better players if coached and given a real defensive strategy game to game.

WolfpackGuy
12-29-2008, 11:40 AM
If Winborn put as much effort into playing as he does talking trash, he would be a Hall of Famer. Bly is a poor man's Asante Samuel. Meaning, damn near every pick is off a bad throw.

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 11:41 AM

Great thanks for the input sentence structure smack rocks.

Killericon
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Every linebacker except Winborn, DJ and Woodyard.
Every safety except Barrett.
Paymah.
Every Defensive End except Moss and Dumervil.

wolf754life
12-29-2008, 11:43 AM
moss was the 17th pick in the draft, we traded a 3rd rounder to move up to get him.

quality mikey masterhand

bronco militia
12-29-2008, 11:51 AM
FANS you don't want to see in a Broncos uniform next year:

;D

brncobrett
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Josh Bell
John Engleberger
Jarvis Moss
Tim Crowder
Nate Webster
Marlon McCree
Manuel
Robertson
Matt Prater
Elvis Dumervil
DJ williams

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
webster

Rigs11
12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
josh bell
dj williams
prater
webster
selvin young

(Jae)
12-29-2008, 12:10 PM
1. Nate Webster
4. Mike Pittman

Pittman? He's the only other RB who did sh*t this year besides Hillis.

montrose
12-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Here's a quick little draft of a realistic look at what I'd like to see heading into camp:

QB: Cutler, [Rookie/FA Pickup]
HB: Hillis, Torain, Bell, Alridge
FB: [Rookie/FA Pickup], Larsen
WR: Marshall, D.Jackson, C.Jackson
WR: Royal, Stokley
TE: Graham, Scheffler, N.Jackson
LT: Clady, Polumbus
LG: Hamilton, [Rookie/FA Pickup]
C: Wiegmann, Lichtensteiger
RG: Kuper, Murray
RT: Harris, Pears

DE: [Rookie/FA Pickup], Dumervil, Moss
DE: [Rookie/FA Pickup], Ekuban, Engelberger, Crowder
DT: Thomas, Peterson, Shaw
DT: [Rookie/FA Pickup], [Rookie/FA Pickup], Clemons
WLB: D.Williams, Woodyard, Koutouvides
MLB: [Rookie/FA Pickup], Haggan
SLB: B.Bailey, Winborn, Green
CB: C.Bailey, [Rookie/FA Pickup], J.Williams
CB: Bly, [Rookie/FA Pickup], Bell
FS: [Rookie/FA Pickup], McCree
SS: [Rookie/FA Pickup], Barrett

K: [Veteran FA]
P: Kern
DS: Leach

EmpireOrange
12-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Every Defensive Lineman except Dumervile
Every Linebacker
Every Corner and Saftey except Champ
Every special teams player - except Champ
Blow it up, blow up the entire defense and special team
Shanny can got to hell too

theAPAOps5
12-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Bly is gone Montrose. Not because he should be but because of his age and cap hit.

ghwk
12-29-2008, 12:15 PM

LOL, that sentence could play defense for us!

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
josh bell
dj williams
prater
webster
selvin young

DJ kicksass all season being a quite leader and gets injured comes back for 2 games and doesn't play well and you want him gone?

broncofan7
12-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Webster, Engelberger, Boss, Manuel, McCree, Dre, Darrell Jackson, Ramsey, Hall, Selvin, Pittman, Nate Jackson, Cory Boyd, Nic Clemons, Tim Crowder, Vernon Fox, Alex haynes, Herana jones, niko, mustard, pinnock, kenny peterson, padilla:)

broncofan7
12-29-2008, 12:21 PM
DJ kicksass all season being a quite leader and gets injured comes back for 2 games and doesn't play well and you want him gone?

Some of us wish--If we could get a 3rd for DJ and soemone is gullible enough to take his salary off of our hands--I'd do it in a heartbeat. Our WLB should be Woodyard. But it's not gonna happen.

montrose
12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Bly is gone Montrose. Not because he should be but because of his age and cap hit.

I figure so. I can't wait to hear the Mane begin their hate of our new #2 CB next year.

Some of us wish--If we could get a 3rd for DJ and soemone is gullible enough to take his salary off of our hands--I'd do it in a heartbeat. Our WLB should be Woodyard. But it's not gonna happen.

Woodyard has a lot of potential and I'd love to see him bulk up and get a shot at MLB but he's not on a healthy-DJ's level at WLB. His angles aren't there yet, he doesn't fully understand the Cover 2-shell coverage and is too easily influenced by weak-side pulling guards. He's got a ton of potential, but lets not go crazy here.

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM

I agree and putting DJ back in fresh off an injury was stupid slowik had to know he wasn't going to be worth a shyt for a couple games woodyard was kicking ass with 10 tackles a game and some inspired play to boot. So basically slowik eliminated 20 tackles for 2 games we really could have used heck he might have forced a turn over.

Rigs11
12-29-2008, 12:40 PM

dude always gets bitchslapped by runners. LT makes him look like a chump.

philiptr2
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
NIKO

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
dude always gets b****slapped by runners. LT makes him look like a chump.

Lets be fair he made the whole D look like chumps and exactly how many yards did LT get last time we meet? :P

Kaylore
12-29-2008, 12:47 PM
The linebackers. Especially Webster and his annoyingly too large helmet.

Willynowei
12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't know if we have any good players on our defense worth keeping minus Champ, DJ, Marcus Thomas and Winborn.

Rest of the guys aren't really quality starters...

ward63
12-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't want to see 7 IRed RB's, but I don't want to see a few of them back either, like Hall and Young. Every LB can be gone except Larsen, DJ, Woodyard, and Winborn. Also Every safety except Barrett. Engleberger.

rugbythug
12-29-2008, 12:51 PM

I dare you to say that any of our Defenders kicked ass out loud.

Play2win
12-29-2008, 12:53 PM
webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster websterwebster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster websterwebster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster websterwebster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster websterwebster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster webster

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 12:57 PM
webster

minibronco
12-29-2008, 12:58 PM
I definitely know who I don't want to see starting next year:
Abdullah
Manuel
Engleberger
Webster
Koutevides
Beck

If Shanny pulls that camp stuff on us again, I'm gonna flip.

24champ
12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Along with most of the defensive staff...

I don't want to see Webster, Manuel, McCree, Boss Bailey, Engleberger, Crowder, Bly, and Niko on the roster next year. I figure with our cap space, we can replace them through the draft and FA. With Bly gone, we can spend some resources to putting together a quality D-line and some coaches that can develop talent on that D-line.

Florida_Bronco
12-29-2008, 01:06 PM
There aren't really any players that I don't want on the team next year, but there are a bunch that I don't want starting.

We have to remember that the reason we have trouble with special teams is because we don't have enough quality depth. Guys like McCree, Manual, Niko, Webster and Haggan are perfect backup and ST players. If we go and cut them, we'll run into special team problems again.

Keep them, but put them where they belong.

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
There aren't really any players that I don't want on the team next year, but there are a bunch that I don't want starting.

We have to remember that the reason we have trouble with special teams is because we don't have enough quality depth. Guys like McCree, Manual, Niko, Webster and Haggan are perfect backup and ST players. If we go and cut them, we'll run into special team problems again.

Keep them, but put them where they belong.

Ok then webster needs to be managing a cell phone Kiosk. ;D

Paladin
12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Bly lost so many yards for the Broncos, and his tackling was pathetic, and he was out of position most of the time. He was useless as teats on a boar hog. So few plays, he's a net liability. Small ball he could play.....

Lolad
12-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Every safety except Barrett.
Paymah.
Every Defensive End except Moss and Dumervil.

explain to me why we are keeping moss? add every DT even Thomas (we could make him a backup) but he doesn't need to be starting. Take your tinted glasses off and watch last nights game. He as well as every Defensive Lineman that had Denver jerseys on was getting pushed off the ball. Our defense looks weak

broncocalijohn
12-29-2008, 01:16 PM
DJ has talent and will be back no doubt and should be. Niko was a waste as Boss was everything we thought he was.... injured prone. I wish he would walk away to save us from paying him for the next few seasons. Every safety is pretty much gone in my eyes except barrett. Paymah has slipped big time and I had soo much love for his potential. Ramsey should never be on this team. I dont ever see confidence in him coming in for a injured Cutler. Plus, people pay good money for preseason games not to see a horrible backup. I would cut Mustard every other week for kicks and giggles.

baja
12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
What's really amazing Lynch was told he was only a 2 down safety on Slowik's defense

Rocky Mountain Stampede
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM

I don't want to see Webster, Manuel, McCree, Boss Bailey, Engleberger, Crowder, Bly, and Niko on the roster next year.

It would be silly to give up on Crowder after two years. There are a myriad of good d-linemen around the league that were late bloomers. Crowder deserves at least one more look in training camp.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
12-29-2008, 01:37 PM

Why not Larsen?

Florida_Bronco
12-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Bly lost so many yards for the Broncos, and his tackling was pathetic, and he was out of position most of the time. He was useless as teats on a boar hog. So few plays, he's a net liability. Small ball he could play.....

I think that has more to do with Slowik playing him so far off the receiver, rather than in bump and run where Bly excels.

Rocky Mountain Stampede
12-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Josh Bell
John Engleberger
Jarvis Moss
Tim Crowder
Nate Webster
Marlon McCree
Manuel
Robertson
Matt Prater
Elvis Dumervil
DJ williams

Yeah, lets get rid of our only pass rusher that's worth a ****.

montrose
12-29-2008, 01:39 PM

Who, Ekuban?

Rocky Mountain Stampede
12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Who, Ekuban?

Ekuban is solid, too. But Dumervil can still bring it. He's not an every down player though. He's an effective situational pass rusher, and Denver wore him down by inserting him on too many run downs.

gunns
12-29-2008, 01:46 PM

I don't want to see Webster, Manuel, McCree, Boss Bailey, Engleberger, Crowder, Bly, and Niko on the roster next year. I figure with our cap space, we can replace them through the draft and FA. With Bly gone, we can spend some resources to putting together a quality D-line and some coaches that can develop talent on that D-line.

Like your sig but you need to include Johnson with Burney

montrose
12-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Ekuban is solid, too. But Dumervil can still bring it. He's not an every down player though. He's an effective situational pass rusher, and Denver wore him down by inserting him on too many run downs.

I agree that Dumervil was worn down by the extra reps but I don't believe the scouting report is out on him - he likes to beat you with the speed rush outside until he can work you for the inside move. He's got no spin, swin or bull-rush moves and doesn't require a double-team or chip. I think he'd be more productive given less reps but I doubt we'll see the guy having over 10 sacks in a season again.

Mountain Bronco
12-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Webster, Webster, Webster
Manuel
McCree
Selvin Young
Hall
Boss

brncobrett
12-29-2008, 02:22 PM

Was worth a ****...Liability against the run...average at best..

Inkana7
12-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I hate to say it, but why not trade DJ? Woodyard played remarkable at WLB and neither him nor DJ are a fit anywhere else. Get good value for DJ and start Woodyard at WLB.

24champ
12-29-2008, 02:32 PM
It would be silly to give up on Crowder after two years. There are a myriad of good d-linemen around the league that were late bloomers. Crowder deserves at least one more look in training camp.

Time is running out for Crowder, and I don't have much hope for him to be anything decent.

lex
12-29-2008, 02:36 PM
We should offer to trade any combination of two players for Peppers once he gets tagged. Id do the same for Suggs. And then beyond that, Id like to see everyone gone that hasnt been drafted by us in the past 4 years.

24champ
12-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Like your sig but you need to include Johnson with Burney

I agree, but Johnson hasn't been around for 7 years. Burney really needs to go! We need someone that can develop talent...

24champ
12-29-2008, 02:39 PM

Doom is a one trick pony, some other team could use him and we would net some draft picks. Time to completely change the defense, otherwise it will be the same ****ing shiat next year.

Inkana7
12-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Ugh. I can't believe we're keeping Slowik. We need to let a real coordinator come in and do whatever he wants.

Bronx33
12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Ugh. I can't believe we're keeping Slowik. We need to let a real coordinator come in and do whatever he wants.

Maybe slowik will be Relegated to coaching where he might do some good and we get a real DC to call the plays. ( THINK POSITIVE)

oubronco
12-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Bob Fuggin Slowick!!!!

Florida_Bronco
12-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Time is running out for Crowder, and I don't have much hope for him to be anything decent.

There is something going on with Crowder. He was playing well last year and then inactive most of this year.

Steve Prefontaine
12-29-2008, 03:15 PM
who signed/drafted those guys?

hmmmmmmm?

wait..............

I think I figured it out.

Um, ok...

Same guy that signed/drafted...

Cutler
Marshall
Champ
Dumervil
Eddie Royal
Ryan Harris
Ryan Clady
Chris Kuper
Peyton Hillis
Stokley
Daniel Graham
Scheffler
Ben Hamilton
Wiegmann
Robertson
M. Thomas
Woodyard
Kern
DJ

You are too funny. You think every pick/move/trade/signing should work out 100% of the time. Let me know when you find a team that does that.

rmsanger
12-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I say we cut Mike Shana...what?

brncobrett
12-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Um, ok...

Same guy that signed/drafted...

Cutler
Marshall
Champ
Dumervil
Eddie Royal
Ryan Harris
Ryan Clady
Chris Kuper
Peyton Hillis
Stokley
Daniel Graham
Scheffler
Ben Hamilton
Wiegmann
Robertson
M. Thomas
Woodyard
Kern
DJ

You are too funny. You think every pick/move/trade/signing should work out 100% of the time. Let me know when you find a team that does that.

But look at the real good players in this list...Their all offensive players, no one is doubting his knack for picking good players on offense. It's that he can't evaluate good defensive talent at all..Robertson average or below average. M. Thomas? might be a nice rotation guy. DJ Williams? average nothing special at all. Dum? nice rotaion guy gets killed against the run. So I'll say Champ is the only truely legit every down def player that is worth a darn, all the others are not starters or everydown players anywhere else.....

ghwk
12-29-2008, 04:10 PM
This won't be popular but it's time to trade Champ while he has value. It's the philosophy Bill Walsh had that at a certain point age catches up to a player and makes him more injury prone and less productive each year. It's why he traded Montana, the Elway of the niners, to the Chefs. Champ missed 3 games last year and what, 7 games this season? And honestly he wasn't that good the other night and didn't look fast at all. He probably wasn't ready to come back in all truth and I doubt he was happy with his play. I'm not saying that we can find an instant replacement for him just that we should consder what we could get for him as he goes into his 9th year.

Florida_Bronco
12-29-2008, 04:14 PM
This won't be popular but it's time to trade Champ while he has value. It's the philosophy Bill Walsh had that at a certain point age catches up to a player and makes him more injury prone and less productive each year. It's why he traded Montana, the Elway of the niners, to the Chefs. Champ missed 3 games last year and what, 7 games this season? And honestly he wasn't that good the other night and didn't look fast at all. He probably wasn't ready to come back in all truth and I doubt he was happy with his play. I'm not saying that we can find an instant replacement for him just that we should consder what we could get for him as he goes into his 9th year.

No way.

Champ, when healthy, is still the best cornerback in the game. Corners can also play well into their 30's before they see a significant dropoff.

And do you really want to imagine our defense without Champ? Most of his injuries in Denver have come when he sacrificed himself in run support. He's probably the best tackler on the team and has saved our butts countless times.

Dukes
12-29-2008, 04:28 PM
TE: Graham, Scheffler, N.Jackson

Don't be surprised if Jackson is finally cut and Shanny keeps Putz instead.

eddie mac
12-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Here are the players who I think are in trouble with their 09 cap hits and possible numbers if they're cut or dealt, remember there is no cap year in 2010 so if a player is cut in 2009 the full outstanding signing bonuses all hit in that cap year.

Dre Bly CB
2009 cap hit $7.9m has a $3m option bonus in 2009-cap hit if traded or cut $9.45m-so technically he costs more to cut than keep-lose $1.55m-The plus though is the fact Shanahan can put the $6.5m in cash he saved by cutting Bly to work in another FA position contract offer
Boss Bailey LB
2009 cap hit $3.855m-cap hit if traded or cut $3.44m-save $400k
John Engelberger DE
2009 cap hit $2.08m-cap hit if traded or cut $500k-save $1.58m
Louis Green LB
2009 cap hit $950k-cap hit if traded or cut $100k-save $850k
Niko Koutouvides LB
2009 cap hit $3.086m-cap hit if traded or cut $1.33m-save $1.75m
Marquand Manuel S
2009 cap hit $1.33m-cap hit if traded or cut $170k-save $1.16m
Dwayne Robertson DT
2009 cap hit $3m-cap hit if traded or cut $0k-save $3m
Jamie Winborn LB
2009 cap hit $2.25m-cap hit if traded or cut $0k-save $2.25m

All these moves would add another $9.5m to Denver's current cap sitting at approx $30m-$32.5m depending on how Cutler's pro-bowl selection affects his 09 cap hit, so we'd be talking $40m under or thereabouts, but we'd be real short at CB/DT and LB but we already know we need help there anyway.

ghwk
12-29-2008, 04:45 PM
No way.

Champ, when healthy, is still the best cornerback in the game. Corners can also play well into their 30's before they see a significant dropoff.

And do you really want to imagine our defense without Champ? Most of his injuries in Denver have come when he sacrificed himself in run support. He's probably the best tackler on the team and has saved our butts countless times.

I don't argue with him being the best--but not by much at this point, and I DON'T want to see him go. It's the buy low sell high idea. He is worth the most to us now in a trade. If we had better personnel up front Champ wouldn't have to make those tackles. He can bring us greater value in helping to fix those problems. Riding the bench for half the season does us zero good at all, he'll pull something next year too....

Willynowei
12-29-2008, 05:17 PM
How much money can we save by releasing or trading Graham? He's a good player but I think we need every dollar we can to snatch a couple of top D-plinemen this year. Plus, he should have some trade value.

To get something good you gotta giveup something good.

eddie mac
12-29-2008, 05:24 PM
How much money can we save by releasing or trading Graham? He's a good player but I think we need every dollar we can to snatch a couple of top D-plinemen this year. Plus, he should have some trade value.

To get something good you gotta giveup something good.

He'd cost $9.75m to cut whilst his cap is $6.65m

So no he aint tradeable.

colonelbeef
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I hate to say it, but why not trade DJ? Woodyard played remarkable at WLB and neither him nor DJ are a fit anywhere else. Get good value for DJ and start Woodyard at WLB.

I would be all for this, so long as a star MLB is brought in.

Trade DJ for a pick, sign Terrell Suggs and Karlos Dansby, move WW into DJ's spot.

rastaman
12-29-2008, 05:49 PM
There is something going on with Crowder. He was playing well last year and then inactive most of this year.

More head games from Shanahan is what the problem was.

KipCorrington25
12-29-2008, 07:12 PM
If they resign Webster I'm going to be ****ing pissed, I hate that prick.

Winborn isn't fit to wear the uniform his antics are everything I hate about sports...

Prater, anyone would be better than him, regardless of what he does in preseason next year he has proven he can't get it done when it matters.

rastaman
12-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I would be all for this, so long as a star MLB is brought in.

Trade DJ for a pick, sign Terrell Suggs and Karlos Dansby, move WW into DJ's spot.

I'd like to sign Bart Scott (LB) and Dawan Landry (S) from the Ravens as well.

That would give Denver: Suggs (DE),

Dansby (LB), Scott (LB), DJ (LB), backups - Winborn, Woodyard, Larsen, and Hagan

Landry (S) Draft Taylor Mays @ #12, backups - Barrett

wolf754life
12-29-2008, 09:45 PM
niko **** a vedes...............nice cap hit boys

nice signing rat bastard

PaintballCLE
12-29-2008, 10:21 PM

With this defense that would be correct!

BroncoBuff
12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Here are the players who I think are in trouble with their 09 cap hits and possible numbers if they're cut or dealt, remember there is no cap year in 2010 so if a player is cut in 2009 the full outstanding signing bonuses all hit in that cap year.

Dre Bly CB
2009 cap hit $7.9m has a $3m option bonus in 2009-cap hit if traded or cut $9.45m-so technically he costs more to cut than keep-lose $1.55m-The plus though is the fact Shanahan can put the $6.5m in cash he saved by cutting Bly to work in another FA position contract offer
Boss Bailey LB
2009 cap hit $3.855m-cap hit if traded or cut $3.44m-save $400k
John Engelberger DE
2009 cap hit $2.08m-cap hit if traded or cut $500k-save $1.58m
Louis Green LB
2009 cap hit $950k-cap hit if traded or cut $100k-save $850k
Niko Koutouvides LB
2009 cap hit $3.086m-cap hit if traded or cut $1.33m-save $1.75m
Marquand Manuel S
2009 cap hit $1.33m-cap hit if traded or cut $170k-save $1.16m
Dwayne Robertson DT
2009 cap hit $3m-cap hit if traded or cut $0k-save $3m
Jamie Winborn LB
2009 cap hit $2.25m-cap hit if traded or cut $0k-save $2.25m

All these moves would add another $9.5m to Denver's current cap sitting at approx $30m-$32.5m depending on how Cutler's pro-bowl selection affects his 09 cap hit, so we'd be talking $40m under or thereabouts, but we'd be real short at CB/DT and LB but we already know we need help there anyway.
Don't hold your breath for them cutting Boss or Robertson. Ain't gonna happen. They really like Dewayne Robertson ... he had a good year.

eddie mac
12-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Don't hold your breath for them cutting Boss or Robertson. Ain't gonna happen. They really like Dewayne Robertson ... he had a good year.

Buff you know me. I'm certainly not holding my breath but the lack thereof of a pure NT and a WDE who can stop the run means we have to run 8 in the box everytime with Slowik's ****ty defense. If we get that NT (Not holding my breath on that one either) then one of Robertson/Thomas becomes rotational, there's no way in hell this defense moves forward if both start every week.

enjolras
12-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Prater, Webster and Manuel.

enjolras
12-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm going to amend that to include "Any single player who made an appearance at safety during the entire season (with a Woodyard exception)."

~Crash~
12-29-2008, 10:38 PM

the buffoon position !:wiggle:

mhgaffney
12-29-2008, 11:00 PM
You keep Barrett. He looks to be a player.

Dedhed
12-30-2008, 05:09 AM

DJ was outplayed by an undrafted rookie HANDS DOWN. Woodyard was by far a greater presence at Will than DJ has ever been outside of his rookie year.

Everyone keeps harping on what a great athlete DJ is, but I'm sick and tired of athletes on this team not playing football. If this year's draft class showed us anything it's that there is far greater value in heart than there is in slackers who blow it up at the combine.

To me DJ has shown that he doesn't have the heart to be a great player. If you're basing the job on the performance on the field, Woodyard should go into camp as the starting Will.

And from where I sat, it wasn't very close. I could care less where DJ ends up even if it's on another team. I'm sick of the candy striper's attitude he brings out there.

Bronco Yoda
12-30-2008, 05:46 AM
I see that Dre Bly is on a lot of peeps list.

Dre is a ball hawk. He's best when he can gamble. For better or worse, that's his game. He can't do this right now because we have no Safeties. Without Safeties he's worthless to us. We need to really get serious about our Safety positions... high drafts and hit the FA market.

24champ
10-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Doom is a one trick pony, some other team could use him and we would net some draft picks. Time to completely change the defense, otherwise it will be the same ****ing shiat next year.

http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/simpsons-the-doh-49005791.jpg

lex
10-22-2009, 03:03 PM
http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/simpsons-the-doh-49005791.jpg

Well now that he is at OLB, its easier for a capable DC to use Doom more effectively by scheming pressure. His skill of getting after the QB is extremely valuable but not so much if put in the hands of a less capable DC.

tsiguy96
10-22-2009, 03:09 PM
whats funny is hours after this thread died, shanny got fired, and thus entire discussion was irrelevant.

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
whats funny is hours after this thread died, shanny got fired, and thus entire discussion was irrelevant.

The DJ hate was funny..

tsiguy96
10-22-2009, 03:13 PM
The DJ hate was funny..

i dunno i can kinda understand it. the guy doesnt make big plays, he seems like hes always in position but just doesnt for some reason. hes solid, his athleticism may be unmatched in the NFL LB position, but something about him...he is playing good this year though, as is nearly evryone on D

Bronx33
10-22-2009, 03:17 PM
i dunno i can kinda understand it. the guy doesnt make big plays, he seems like hes always in position but just doesnt for some reason. hes solid, his athleticism may be unmatched in the NFL LB position, but something about him...he is playing good this year though, as is nearly evryone on D

In 08 he played a position he didn't normally play ( and still played well) then got injured and slowick still threw him in the last few games ( he looked like shyt) DJ has been more than solid and hes better every game this year whats the problem.

tsiguy96
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM
In 08 he played a position he didn't normally play ( and still played well) then got injured and slowick still threw him in the last few games ( he looked like shyt) DJ has been more than solid and hes better every game this year whats the problem.

hey i dont want him gone at all, just saying hes not playing spectacular or lights out, and misses on plays when he shouldnt. its not near as bad as it used to be, but he still does it a little.