PDA

View Full Version : Get it out of your system now, Shanahan Haters...

Pages : 1 [2]

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
BOING!

I didn't know such a wonderful thread existed...

Just for clarification, is this existing in reality?

McMastermind
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Yes sir Moose.....

I can't wait until I am un-banned. I'm going on a bumping rampage.

BroncoBuff
09-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't hate Shanahan ... I hate Slowick.

Popps
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL

Oh the humanity!!

scorpio
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't hate Shanahan ... I hate Slowick.

And Coyer and Bates?

Popps
10-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Pretty soon, though, it's going to be clear that Shanahan is going nowhere, and the focus will no longer be on whether Shanahan should be here or not, but what happens next.

So get it out now, but please - when that focus shifts to reality, lets keep the discussion on the moves the Broncos are making, and not the man, and have a productive offseason of discussion.

LOL

One for the ages.

Posted one day before Shanahan was let go.

Taco John
10-13-2009, 01:10 AM
I actually don't feel bad about this thread at all. I had it on good authority that Shanahan was coach for life. Who said that?

Popps
10-13-2009, 01:13 AM
I actually don't feel bad about this thread at all. I had it on good authority that Shanahan was coach for life. Who said that?

Oh, you shouldn't feel bad. You should just feel ignorant.

Talking down to your user-base as if they're a bunch of fools, only to have the real fool revealed a day later.

But, it's cool... you showed us all with your gutless thread.

:rofl:

"Hey guys, I made a ridiculously uninformed thread that demeaned all of my loyal members, but since I was dead wrong, I'm not going to **** on the best owner in the NFL."

As always, great work, man.

Popps
10-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Gotta love the epic finish, too...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75568&page=35

Taco John
10-13-2009, 02:02 AM
I can take it. I said what I said, and am eating the tastiest crow I could imagine right now. Heap it on if it makes you feel better.

Heap it nice and high.

rastaman
10-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Oh, you shouldn't feel bad. You should just feel ignorant.

Talking down to your user-base as if they're a bunch of fools, only to have the real fool revealed a day later.

But, it's cool... you showed us all with your gutless thread.

:rofl:

"Hey guys, I made a ridiculously uninformed thread that demeaned all of my loyal members, but since I was dead wrong, I'm not going to **** on the best owner in the NFL."

As always, great work, man.

Popps every dog has its day.....we will see if you are man enough to eat crow! Your day is coming b/c nothing last forever. Enjoy while you can!:strong:

rastaman
10-13-2009, 03:48 AM
LOL

Oh the humanity!!

Of which you LACK!:wiggle:

rastaman
10-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Wrong....the majority of us calling for change were doing so on the belief that a 14 year tenured coach...ANY 14 year tenured coach, had done all he could with said team.

Even if they go 8-8 again....I for one will consider that improvement if it's the right kind of 8-8. Like say 3-5 in the first half and 5-3 in the second half.

Again, most of us that were wanting change were so frustrated with the late season skids that had become the norm with Mike. (not to mention, second half skids in any particular game).

You know what I'm hoping for "HAT", I'm hoping that McDaniel's can continue to use elements of the infrastructure that Shanny left him to avoid any laste season SKIDs! I'm hoping McD can continue to use Shanny's drafted OL and WR's to prevent any late season skids. I'm hoping the OL and Wr's Shanny left McD can help the 09 Broncos go 8-8! I'm hoping that the WR drafted in the 4th by Shanny by the name of Brandon Marashall will continue to come up big and win games for McD, like he has the last TWO GAMES! Like say instead of being 2-3, lets remember Shanny's WR's have come up BIG to win 3 out of the Broncos 5 games.

Broncojef
10-13-2009, 05:09 AM
You know what I'm hoping for "HAT", I'm hoping that McDaniel's can continue to use elements of the infrastructure that Shanny left him to avoid any laste season SKIDs! I'm hoping McD can continue to use Shanny's drafted OL and WR's to prevent any late season skids. I'm hoping the OL and Wr's Shanny left McD can help the 09 Broncos go 8-8! I'm hoping that the WR drafted in the 4th by Shanny by the name of Brandon Marashall will continue to come up big and win games for McD, like he has the last TWO GAMES! Like say instead of being 2-3, lets remember Shanny's WR's have come up BIG to win 3 out of the Broncos 5 games.

Well we always managed a skid when Shanahan was at the helm, the act got old real quick. McDaniels is a breath of fresh air and is actually making guys like Marshall be a team member instead of a juvenile who performs well. If we don't have a skid it will be because we now have a team solidified by McDaniels and a real defensive coordinator. You continue to look at one side of the equation, and while we need big plays from the WR, the defense is what has changed, that and we now have a coaching staff holding people accountable and given free reign to succeed. I'd puke if I had to watch one more Shanahan, Slowick, Bates crappy team. I love this team.

BroncoInSkinland
10-13-2009, 05:29 AM

Jeez, what is with this new coach having to rely on guys from the old regime. I mean he should have gone out and drafted 53 new guys right, that way he wouldn't even have to rely on FA's from other coaches in the league. McDaniels is doing what he is doing by using ALL the tools that were left to him, and he is doing it more efffectively than Shanahan had done in a long time.

Look I loved Shanahan as a coach. I thought it was a mistake to fire a coach with as high a winning percentage as Shanahan had. I even got behind the Gutless drunk line of thought for a very short while. But Shanahan lost the magic, he was leading us to mediocre seasons with no true playoff hopes for a while now.

The change was risky, I still think we could have ended up 3-13 just as easily (if not more easily to McDaniels credit) than 10-6 (or whatever we end up with...)and looking at playoff possibilities with a team that has the exact kind of blueprint a succesful playoff team employs. I too am hoping the Shanny leftovers contribute to the teams overall success this season, but I am hoping that because I want the team to succede, not because I want them to prove what a great coach Shanny was. I already know he was a great coach. Everything you are putting out there indicates you are focused on the past, which I will give you was great. But you should take a look at our future, it is pretty cool too.

rastaman
10-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Well we always managed a skid when Shanahan was at the helm, the act got old real quick. McDaniels is a breath of fresh air and is actually making guys like Marshall be a team member instead of a juvenile who performs well. If we don't have a skid it will be because we now have a team solidified by McDaniels and a real defensive coordinator. You continue to look at one side of the equation, and while we need big plays from the WR, the defense is what has changed, that and we now have a coaching staff holding people accountable and given free reign to succeed. I'd puke if I had to watch one more Shanahan, Slowick, Bates crappy team. I love this team.

You want to give McD too much credit even on what transpired btwn he and Marshall. I'd like to think it took two to tangle and both McD and Marshall came together and compromised like two adults men should do. Marshall now realizes the NFL is a BUSINESS and it doesn't equal team, teammate, fan, nor owner loyalty! Business understanding to an NFL player is about getting paid! and to do that they have got to perform on the field to show their value to their current team and to the rest of the teams in the NFL....thats where Brandon is coming from.

Thus far, Brandon has proven McD has need him more than Brandon has need McD, b/c Brandon has single-handedly won two games for McDaniels over the last two weeks. Getting back to the impact of McDaniels thus far, you can have the most accountable coaching staff ever assembled and players who buy into your system all day long; however, if you don't have the talent to execute your scheme(s) all your doing is teaching THEORY.

The point I have advocated especially right now is the fact that its the infrastructure of talent left to McD by Shanny that is largely responsible for our 5-0 start. Until McD gets his own drafted/signed FA(s) into Denver and his players start making the impact(s) that the current Shanahan drafted players have made, you can't ignore or runaway from this glaring important fact.

Everyone was tired of how a Shanahan coached teams have had their season ending skids the last 3 years and his teams were not prepared etc., your are not alone. However, w/o the OL and Wr's that Shanny drafted and left for McD to make use of, the 09 Broncos could very well be 0-5, 1-4, or 2-3 at best. Sure I will take 5-0 any day, but I'm also muture enough and wise enough to know it just wasn't the hiring of McD by itself as to why McD is 5-0 right now. It has taken both the fresh air of changed brought in by McD and the infrastructure left by Coach Shanahan.

TonyR
10-13-2009, 08:48 AM
However, w/o the OL and Wr's that Shanny drafted and left for McD to make use of, the 09 Broncos could very well be 0-5, 1-4, or 2-3 at best.

Why are you so hung up on this? Do you think people should be giving Shanahan more credit for this team's early success? This isn't really about Shanahan. It's about the great job McD has done running this team thus far.

2KBack
10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
would people just ignore that ****head please. He is a troll by every definition and I'm sick of reading his bull**** all over the forum. You just don't try to rationalize with the irrational

gunns
10-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Pretty soon, though, it's going to be clear that Shanahan is going nowhere, and the focus will no longer be on whether Shanahan should be here or not, but what happens next.

So get it out now, but please - when that focus shifts to reality, lets keep the discussion on the moves the Broncos are making, and not the man, and have a productive offseason of discussion.

LOL

One for the ages.

Posted one day before Shanahan was let go.

I guess someone just does not feel manly enough yet. Would it help if I told you you had big balls?

BroncoInferno
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM

Using your idiotic logic, Shanny won his 2 Super Bowls on the "infrastructure" left him by Wade Phillips (John Elway, most of the OL).

ScottXray
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM
You want to give McD too much credit even on what transpired btwn he and Marshall. I'd like to think it took two to tangle and both McD and Marshall came together and compromised like two adults men should do. Marshall now realizes the NFL is a BUSINESS and it doesn't equal team, teammate, fan, nor owner loyalty! Business understanding to an NFL player is about getting paid! and to do that they have got to perform on the field to show their value to their current team and to the rest of the teams in the NFL....thats where Brandon is coming from.

Thus far, Brandon has proven McD has need him more than Brandon has need McD, b/c Brandon has single-handedly won two games for McDaniels over the last two weeks. Getting back to the impact of McDaniels thus far, you can have the most accountable coaching staff ever assembled and players who buy into your system all day long; however, if you don't have the talent to execute your scheme(s) all your doing is teaching THEORY.

The point I have advocated especially right now is the fact that its the infrastructure of talent left to McD by Shanny that is largely responsible for our 5-0 start. Until McD gets his own drafted/signed FA(s) into Denver and his players start making the impact(s) that the current Shanahan drafted players have made, you can't ignore or runaway from this glaring important fact.

Everyone was tired of how a Shanahan coached teams have had their season ending skids the last 3 years and his teams were not prepared etc., your are not alone. However, w/o the OL and Wr's that Shanny drafted and left for McD to make use of, the 09 Broncos could very well be 0-5, 1-4, or 2-3 at best. Sure I will take 5-0 any day, but I'm also muture enough and wise enough to know it just wasn't the hiring of McD by itself as to why McD is 5-0 right now. It has taken both the fresh air of changed brought in by McD and the infrastructure left by Coach Shanahan.

Of course the players Shanny left behind are having an impact on our current record! It is the USE of those and other players, combined with the offensive game plans and coaching that is the reaason we are 5-0, as well as having a Defense, and coordinator, that doesn't collapse in the late game.

But Brandon Marshall did NOT go on a 98 yard drive singlehanded. It was Kyle Orton that was throwing those passes, and Knowshon making the runs, as well as Marshall and Royal and the O-line. Marshaall is a great talent and McD is smart enough to use him (and his other weapons) wisely. And it was the Defense that got the stops to allow that great offense, you keep talking about, to even take the field to win the games late. Something Shanny/Slowick was never able to envision properly.

If the offensive cupboard had been as bare as the defensive one was after last season I seriously doubt that McD would have accepted or even interviewed for the job here. You should be thankful that our owner was smart enough to see that McD was the right choice for THIS team.

I am really getting sick of posts on both sides that just can't let the off season rancor GO. Shut up and ENJOY the ride.. It won't last forever

BroncoInferno
10-13-2009, 09:27 AM

Are you retarded? We are 5-0 in large part because of a defense the features 8 new starters. What infrastructure did Shanny leave on defense (the area of the team most responsible for the 5-0 start). And, like I said, I guess Wade Phillips gets credit for Shanny's two Super Bowls since he left him Elway, Zimmerman, Nalen, Habib, etc.

BroncoInferno
10-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Rastaman, anytime a new coach comes in he is going to make use of some of the players left him by the old regime. By your peerless logic, Tony Sparano and Bill Parcells owe many thanks to Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller for the "infrastructure" they left behind that helped produce an 11-5 division champion. Never mind that they went 1-15!

HAT
10-13-2009, 10:25 AM

Exactly...Like I've said both here and in Wolf's original 'Shanny must go' thread years ago: The Denver Broncos needed change at HC. Shanahan had become so stale.

I think McD has done a masterful job at:

Identifying which holdovers to build around on offense (mainly the OL & WR's as you pointed out), getting the most out of them, having them ready to play four quarters of hard-nosed football around a well prepared game plan. Pretty much the opposite of the country club atmosphere that Shanny cultivated after he'd burned out. Good job for retaining Turner & Dennison too. Also, I'm glad McD recognized that plug n play RB's aren't the only way and went out and got the best one in the draft. 3 cheers for the QB switch also. I'd rather have a proven winner/decision maker than one with a rocket arm and perennial potential. The extra draft picks are icing on the cake.

But obviously....the offense isn't the story here. The story so far is the gigantic leap forward on defense. Under an 'offensive minded' coach no less. It's crazy what McD and Nolan have done so far by rebuilding around Doom, DJ & Champ.

Mike Shanahan will be a successful coach in this league again. He should thank Bowlen for re-igniting the fire within.

Boogerboots
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I personally was ( and still is ) a Shanahan supporter. But my allegiance to the Broncos trumps that. I was hoping that Shanny would recognize that the D needed an overhaul like what has taken place this offseason. But because he supported essentially the Slowik status quo... he had to go.

I was cautiously optimistic about the hiring of McDaniels at first, but to see his enthusiasm this past Sunday was refreshing. He's gradually winning over the fans, the media and a few of the disgruntled players. Regardless of the outcome this year, compared to how last season ended, you have to consider this year as a step forward.

As for Shanny, I'm sure Vegas will soon have a line on when he'll become coach in Chicago. Bank it.